[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your favorite thing about the mind game? I'll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 259x194
What's your favorite thing about the mind game?

I'll go first. Masturbating. You can feel the vagina/penis of the person you masturbate with.
>>
>>680853804
What?
>>
It's a thread about the game of life and death (the mind game). I guess you haven't came out yet. You usually come out between 18-24
>>
>>680854426
/thread
>>
>>680855016
Wut
>>
>>680853804
You talking a mind/body detachment or something, or a circle jerk?
>>
>>680855016
Go on. Explain fully what you mean
>>
>>680853804
This some sort of "matrix theory" here?
If your looking at it that way then its a release of your low "chakra" in some eastern philosophies.
>>
>>680855016
I am 21 wat is this, mind game when???

W

H

E

N
>>
This is going to sound weird, but trust me it's true. Usually around 18-22 you "wake up" to the game of life and death, and then you can telepathically communicate people. It's totally true. I wanted to talk about it and k figured /b/ would be a place a good place to talk about it. You're not supposed to talk about the mind game though
>>
>>680856037
You're blown out
>>
File: Frasier.jpg (211 KB, 475x581) Image search: [Google]
Frasier.jpg
211 KB, 475x581
>ITT

A guy claims to be experiencing life in a different way than you. He claims you soon will be like him. He then answers questions regarding his own delusional view of life until the eventual 404

Nothing gained, nothing lost.

Stay if you want
>>
>>680853804
Look up Gail Chord Schuler. She plays
>>
>>680856037
Maybe if you do enough psychedelics, I ain't about that shit though
>>
File: 1452114941111.jpg (223 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1452114941111.jpg
223 KB, 900x675
>>680853804

After turning on and tuning in and dropping out, my favorite part is dropping back in again and turning others on.
>>
You should ask old close friends about the mind game. Other people will deny it exists.
>>
>>680856037

is it just me or are we having out own ITS HAPPENING moment?

google: situationist international

read their wiki page ;) you know who you are eh
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>680856037
>>680856037
I don't understand how you claim to have fluid telepathic communication without some deep knowledge, training and discipline? What exactly are you alluding to and with what claims? I'm genuinly interested if it can be replicated at will and isn't based upon a lunatic making bold connections to coincidence

>pic related to previous post.
>>
File: Untitled.png (3 MB, 1536x1726) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
3 MB, 1536x1726
You should take this to /x/ you'll get better answers there
>>
>>680856922
>>680856983
Holy fuck this is cool, why did I not know about this? I love me some critical theory

Why did the movement dissolve? If anything mediation of social relations through objects has intensified since this movement ended.
>>
Tell me more.
>>
>>680857460

these are the folks who went "out of their mind, to come to their senses" with stress alone

I did that over a 4 month bad trip: a mutually abusive relationship, followed by a realization of how we are getting ready to overcome our own contradictions. Now that I have the message, I feel better than ever with the occasional reminder!

I started off as a Marxist who was radicalized in high school. Unfortunately I read the actual literature. :P

I think they were victims of their own backlash, akin to Ra Ra Ronald against the hippies here. That's why I've stared finding common ground with bigots etc. and bringing them over to the dark side. If anything, that's true Leninist tactics in action.
>>
If I were going to describe some next level consciousness "the mind game" is exactly how I wouldn't describe it to those who haven't experienced it yet.
>>
Where can I get a finger box?
>>
How would you describe it?
>>
>>680858152
Yo anon you need to expand on this, these are some vague words. What are you saying here.

I never realized I was a Marxist in high-school but came to the realization that I loved critical theory in uni, love anarchist/marxist/ideational critiques, it's fun shit man.

Took a legal theory course with a hot professor and read a lot of revolutionary/anarchist stuff. I fell in love with her for a minute.

Sorry I'm blogposting I should stop
>>
File: shamelesspropaganda.jpg (96 KB, 620x428) Image search: [Google]
shamelesspropaganda.jpg
96 KB, 620x428
>>680858087

Here was an early effort to get some situationism going on online. They burnt out when the web became less subversive itself.
http://www.notbored.org/

I encourage you to watch pic related movie w/ subs or read the book with said name.

Maybe we should email the admins and tell them what's new?
>>
>>680858152
Very strange, that sounds pretty much like the past year for me anon. Crashed my car in a freak accident and then lost some friends through mutual disagreements in the end. Now though, I've actually got a spurt of luck and met someone new and been to different places. A bit of my past died and I became a blanker canvas again, to work on further.
>>
>>680859263
And I've always been an anarchist (theory not culture) myself.
>>
>>680859174
I'm this fag, bump, don't die bread this is interesting
>>
>>680859174

Summary of where I am so far:

Marx was basically right. His humanism was a mistake because he pushed the argument from "freedom cuz god" to "freedom = perfection" which was rather hand-wavey still. He got over that quickly as he understood more about Hegel.

Lenin was so stuffed up with Marx's materialism that the didn't give his own people enough credit that maybe they were ready already to move beyond a replacement czar.

That became clear to him towards the end of his life (flip flopped a bit towards the Mensheviks) but if you read his own work, and what he thought about the cult of personality that he didn't have the understanding to stop despite cursing it privately, he had most of the tactics correct as much as he could.

Lenin was limited by his own context far more than he realized his people were, having started off as a fancy do-good lawyer before becoming disillusioned about working in the system. Check out how disillusioned Obama and Sanders are lately though!

Would love critique!

>>680859263
I did that, ran off the road after I no longer saw things as reckless. Easily could have been suicide by accident.
>>
File: 1449315580593.jpg (61 KB, 600x612) Image search: [Google]
1449315580593.jpg
61 KB, 600x612
>>680859174
>2016
>still blogposting
>>
Maybe I'm just being slow, but I'm having trouble reconciling the discussion of critical theory with the mind game. What's the haps?
>>
The thread got derailed. This was supposed to be about the mind game :(
>>
>>680853804
Tuning the frequency of consciousness in to the physical realm to experience a physical life instead of just higher dimensions. The all is mind
>>
>>680860547

mind game -> social roles -> constructs in society -> material conditions that produced them -> drop acid comrade

And it's not just cause-and-effect, these things all develop in tandem and with their own backlashes and counter-movements. That's Hegel's dialectal reasoning.
>>
>>680853804
My favorite is the connection. I was so alone before I opened the door.
>>
>>680860766
Dubs don't lie
>>
File: EWrOtiI.png (470 KB, 1280x609) Image search: [Google]
EWrOtiI.png
470 KB, 1280x609
>>680860901

that's bullshit btw, I'm the real radical here

why don't you listen to the grateful dead you hippie? they're pretty fucking good really when you recognize some of those far out sounds they make
>>
FWIW, the Weather Underground and Black Panthers, those were the real hippies.

You have the "spiritual" bullshit from pic related to thank for this new-age trash too!
>>
>>680860396
I kek'd but seriously, it was crazy to fall in love with someone so intellectual man, especially compared to young girls who are so shallow these days

>>680860547
No connection no one knows what the fuck the mind game is >>680860766 is right

>>680860285
Can't critique, funny enough I study politics and don't know enough about Leninism to speak to it. My general idea about Marx is that he was right but never in his prescriptiveness, we should only use his ideas, not his historical end-game.

I've never read Hegel directly, he always tripped me out hard even though he is so influential and formative to other stuff I've read.

Do you read it for fun anon? Or are you a phil-fag? You study philosophy?

>>680860936
Okay now I see it, social constructivism is hype I wanna read more of it
>>
>>680861156
The 7 hermetic principles is bullshit?
You're bullshit
Fuck you
>>
File: hethinksheshotstuff.jpg (1 MB, 2399x3000) Image search: [Google]
hethinksheshotstuff.jpg
1 MB, 2399x3000
>>680861606

but let's not get too hasty
>>
>>680861004
This. To be able to talk to anyone at anytime is powerful
>>
>>680861606
Pic related is infinite mathematics. Not spiritual bullshit. You're stupid. Stop posting
>>
>>680856037
You know around 18-22 you get schizophrenic too right? Then try 'telepathically communicating with people'.
>>
>>680861643
>no one knows what the fuck the mind game is
/thread
>>
Electronics and mycology and politics and philosophy and psychology and pharmacology and music and computer science have all been hobbies of mine.

We all must break our spirits if we have to do some shit for a job, though, I supposed. I'm not studying this stuff, why would I want to bitter myself like all the other white academics on something so important?

>>680861670

we come in peace though dude right

>>680861643

What is the end game in your view?

All these radicals were so anti-themselves, anti-marxism as a term etc, and the proud Marxist, Lenin, called himself only that.

Marxism-Leninsm was a term Stalin invented when he shunned the term Stalinism himself, then humble Hoxha praised Stalinism as an embodiment of his ideals, that maybe all we need is a step back from ego games and hero worship. :P
>>
I just lost the game and you too
>>
>OP
>Hey guys wanna hear a cool mind game
>Everyone hops on bandwagon
>Nobody sees it coming
>Last post by OP
>"The game"
>404
>>
>>680862754

literally too soon :(
>>
>>680862075

I'm detecting defensiveness from someone I had no idea I was allegedly talking about!

Maybe you still have to get the message. :P
>>
>>680862674
They're just hobbies? I envy your strong will anon. Funny I just graduated and I'm thinking of moving on to more studies with and endgame of academia. You're just a wage-slave in something and you study for fun on the side? I've heard of anons doing shit like this.

I just mean the adoption of the Hegelian stages of history with the prescription of communism at the end. I'm happy I read some Marx in my first year but it's been a while man.

Last philosopher I got interested in was Jean-Luc Nancy, you should read "The Inoperative Community" anon, there's short critiques of Marxism in there.
>>
>>680853804
i like the player of the mind game. It only pretends to begin and end
>>
>>680864716
What do you mean it only pretends to begin and end?
>>
>>680864957
birth and death
>>
You can tell this is bullshit, because nobody is capable of describing it without sounding like a twat
>>
>>680856270
thanks for the nice explanation
>>
>>680864389

Nah, I'm in academia watching my own peers hate more and more of their own former hobby, one of the above. I'm sure we all have more!

I think the "end game" should be something that does fulfill the qualities of statelessness and classlessness. Marx himself never said much on how to get there, always saying capitalism must first develop its own contradictions. That's what I'm thinking vis a vis Lenin.

I will give that stuff a look myself. I'm trying to do some of my own writing. How many angry open letters have we all left unpublished?

FWIW, I have abandoned most of those things I have gotten enjoyment from. They're all summertime hobbies, as is being in the outdoors I suppose, and this radical mental energy is new to me too. :P

>>680866315

I hope you laugh so much harder with us the longer you laugh at us! Isn't that what Buddy Christ said?
>>
>>680866825
You're not talking about "the mind game." You're talking about learning things on your downtime. This has nothing to do with expanded levels of consciousness.

Being educated and being, I don't know what to call it - evolved? - are two different things.
>>
>>680867228

What? In my downtime I also follow John C. Lilly a bit myself...
>>
>>680867554
I have no idea what that means. And neither does anyone else who doesn't know what this shit is about. Because rather than explain the topic of the thread everyone's talking about Lenin.
>>
>>680866315
The "it" that you would like to be described is your present experience. There are no words to encapsulate this, but there are plenty to cast a hypnotic spell of separation. The key is that you can never really find what you're looking for, because you already are that. There is one being, one celebration of existence, you are it and so am I. Thus sex from the ultimate view is masturbation. I fuck myself because I am not two.
>>
>>680867771

Come on, this dude invented the isolation tank! How far out is that?

Perhaps we all have more to learn about how these different concepts relate to the direction society is going in?

Welcome radicalism and play that game too. The best part of getting the LSD message is the ability to consciously apply your brainpower where you choose to, and feel great with it if you want to! So, I can be a subversive. I can crack jokes. I can develop the contractions within myself for all of our own good. You can too!

Are you familiar with John Lilly? He's a wonderful author in the field of the mind who we can all learn from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVf81iwSXT4
>>
>>680868529

contradictions* fucking spellchecks these days eh

maybe that's why hofmann was working with ergot all along
>>
>>680866825
You're confusing me anon, who are you in this world we're inhabiting.

I've thought about making interests or hobbies a profession for the longest time, and the general rule is to always keep things a hobby is you want to enjoy them, because making them a profession will drain the enjoyment. I've moved away from philosophy because I never saw how to fit it into capitalist society and I'm keeping it as a useful hobby that informs my studies now. But I've never seen studying as a pure hobby, more of a duty.

>>680867228
Seems this Mind Game talk was either a ruse by OP, but it reminds me of a lot of the psychedelic/drug-consciousness/Joe Rogan esque stuff I've seen. Other anon and I just got into talking society/critical theory because he triggered me with situationist international.

It's all connected though, once you think about philosophy of the mind and drugs the connections make sense. I've never tried LSD or other psychedelics but I do want to sometime.
>>
>>680868904
Think I went over limit. Yeah I've tried shrooms and I was fine, I'm kind of scared of deeper drugs. Scared of my own mind, scared of falling off the deep-end, scared of the shit deep inside.

Blogposting again m8s.
>>
>>680868186
>>680868529
Basically any Eastern religion
>>
File: lowresleary.jpg (11 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
lowresleary.jpg
11 KB, 259x194
>>680868904
>>680869039

I think these '60s radical types were talking to a society who went nuts and took them too seriously.

We can learn something from how Timothy Leary progressed. He was such a joker, counting 300+ acid trips, yet when the backlash against the hippies set in he calmed right down and went into computer science.

Yet it was just a game of subversiveness to him. He'd tell Christians to give Eve a around of applause for "turning on" Adam, and laugh all the way to jail when he the judge gave him more time for heresy than that half a joint. He'd always bring the joking game right back when it came time to debate mutually disagreeing Christian ministers on TV and talk about LSD with people like Art Linkletter.

And he still wasn't afraid to talk candidly about radical politics with every chance he got:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mE7lAQryJY

Even in the end, when it came time for an TV interview, calm Timothy put all that suspiciously patterned clothing back on and talked about how his only regrets were not taking enough LSD and not making love enough:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYciUU9wMWo

Also worth watching, but longer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pacbkF1KWCI
>>
>>680869533

or, as folks like Leary said, any religion and radicalism and the basic message of a desire to fight for peace and resolve the contradiction within that? I think you are an example of the craziness that can happen when you take anything too seriously.

Psilly psychonaut, trips aren't for kids!
>>
Op here. You're killing this thread. I wanted to talk about the mind game not this shit
>>
>>680869533
Yeah, and I wonder why people time and time again have woken up only to deliver the same message upon which the ignorant have built religions?
>>
>>680870628

we're on topic

we're just remembering how the mind game came from some radical psychologists, not new-age mckenna garbage
>>
>>680870026
Bookmarked the University speech for later

What's the "contradiction" for you?

>>680870628
What's the mind game to you OP, just reveal it to us, more more pussyfootin bitch

I'm interested in the history of drugs and their connection to radicalism, but the subject often attracts a lot of bullshit and dismissed stuff, you know what I mean? Also Eastern religion/philosophy interests me as a hobby. I've never looked into it seriously but have been interested for a long time.
>>
>>680860396
>2016
>still don't have the banana in my hard drive to post

I am free
>>
404 save is it over?
>>
It's over let it die
>>
>>680873855
Bye anons nice talking to you
>>
>>680868186
OH it's all a way to deal with the fact that you're /b/eta neckbrard faggots!
>>
>>680871596

Literally only part of Marx's phrasing, from the Hegelian method of seeing things as interdependent and contradicting rather than strict cause-and-effect.
>>
>>680853804
>the mind game?
plz explain
>>
>>680871596
Coming into knowing is like circling around the outside of a vortex, inching closer to the inside, until you reach the point of no return and the appearance of a separate self who has control is bathed in light. Eternity reveals itself to itself. We can only remember if we have forgotten, so goes the game.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.