[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on Metal! It's my general opinion that the music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 6
File: slayer.jpg (505 KB, 1012x675) Image search: [Google]
slayer.jpg
505 KB, 1012x675
Redpill me on Metal!
It's my general opinion that the music in metal is fucking badass, heavy guitar riffs you can't help but bang your head too, but the lyrics are dogshit. Why do metal songs have to be about satan and evil depressing shit? Theres some metal that I enjoy. I like some of Slayer and Lamb of God and Slipknot. I like Hatebreed too. They have some positive upbeat lyrics but there music is kind of repetative. I typically listen to bands like Incubus Foo Fighters and The Black Keys
>>
>>680831136

bump because I really want to like metal but I can't bring myself to.
>>
OP I hate you....
>>
>>680831852

Porque?
>>
>>680831136
Bloated science is pretty good and its instrumental
>>
>>680831798
Then don't. What's the point of forcing yourself to like something? I wonder if people who think metal looks and sounds kind of cool but are too lame to listen to real metal are the reason we have all these gay pseudo-metal bands like Lamb of god and slipknot
>>
>>680832060

Interesting. Thank you for the recommendation
>>
>>680831136
Dig deeper into the metal scene and red pill yourself faggot. Honestly isn't that hard.
>>
>>680832221

Okay then. What is real metal?
>>
>>680832263
Carach Angren is not instrumenal but the lyrics depict horror stories and is more melodic metal but is awesome
>>
>>680832221
>>680832373

oh and add Pantera to the list. Some of their songs I like but again. Most of their lyrics are complete dog shit.
>>
>>680832373
If you have to ask you'll never know. But at least Slayer has been mentioned. They're punk but at least they aren't pop style.
>>
Because it's about manly emotions which mostly exists of anger and sadness, satan stuff just comes from trying to be edgy, so they would get attention and stuff.
>>
>>680832373
Dont mind the faggot, those bands can be considered metal
>>
>>680832566

That's another thing. Pretentious douchey scene fans that like to break everything down in to different genres. Slayer is a punk band? what type of ridiculous bullshit is that? Then theres people who split into thrash metal and nu metal and theres like beef between sects and arguments about how to identify and classify bands instead of just listening to music. A lot of metal fans are complete faggots TBH
>>
>>680832747
Can be considered metal like Maroon 5 can be considered rock and Britney Spears can be considered an artist.
>>
>>680831136
Rings of Saturn
>>
>>680832974

>>680832844
^^^^^^
you
>>
>>680831136
Afi is a good band
>>
File: aQ2DgXB.jpg (252 KB, 460x800) Image search: [Google]
aQ2DgXB.jpg
252 KB, 460x800
>>680832566
slayer=punk
u wot mate
>>
>>680833060

>checks out a Rings of Saturn song
>first line of song "The Devil himself is stricken with fear"
>>
>>680832844
>Slayer is a punk band? what type of ridiculous bullshit is that?

If you can't tell that they are influenced as much by punk style as metal then I don't know what to tell you. I don't really care for fitting bands into genres, but if you are going to label things at least recognize the intersectionality. Much of what you call metal or nu-metal such as slipknot is more in the style of popular music than pure heavy metal such as Venom. It would be painting with a broad brush to put them into one general label.
>>
>>680833727

>>680832566
^^^^^
complete moron
>>
>>680831136
if you like Slayer, you'll like Kreator
on the point of lyrics, yeah most of it is about blood/gore/satan or vikings beating the shit out of people
>>
>>680833863
dude just stop typing before you embarrass yourself any further
>>
>>680833863

This is a perfect example of why I think a lot of metal fans are complete faggots. Do you even know what punk rock is? are you fucking retarded? Here's an example of punk rock just so you can know what you're talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PinCg7IGqHg
>>
>>680833738
Edgefag
>>
>>680832566
>slayer
>punk
Correction. Slayer is thrash.
Your welcome.
And >>680831136
What lyrics are you looking for? Happier upbeat lyrics? Because metal has about a million subgenres and you can find anything. ANYTHING
>>
File: rotting-christ.jpg (474 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
rotting-christ.jpg
474 KB, 1920x1080
>>680833959
Slayer is way out of league than kreator.
but rotting christ are best.
Imho this is the best metal album ever and I'm not even into black metal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVqYv04vtT8
>>
>>680834217

I don't get it
>>
you fags should listen to lemmy kilmister's songs, he's one the best lyricist ever
>>
>>680834366
I can't jam to music that all the band members look like they are going in on an orgy
>>
>>680831136
Do u even melvins?
>>
>>680834527
give it a try they are great.
btw I've seen Slayer live in munich in 19fuckin94 shocking as time goes by...
>>
system of a down too
>>
>>680831136
redpill me on /b/ait op
>>
>>680834327

Not necessarily happy and upbeat just something that's not satan and gore. Hatebreed is a band that I like. they have some positive lyrics but their music does not provide a lot of variety. a lot of their songs sound very similar.
>>
>>680834137
>punk rock
>punk metal
>thrash metal
There's a lot of really fine lines that differentiate each one of those. Lyrically they're similar and instrumentally they are too but slayer is 100% confirmed not punk. No questions about that m8
>>
>>680834479
I love Motörhead, but this has to be b8.
>>
>>680834697

Yea! that's another band I like. a lot actually. I bought toxicity the day it came out. are they metal though? a lot of metal fags might disagree with that.
>>
>>680834327
>Slayer is thrash.

Jeff Hanneman and Kerry King helped pioneer thrash metal, combing the speed and tempo of hardcore punk with with the double bass drumming, heavy and complex guitar style of the New Wave of British Heavy Metal
>>
>>680834916
I got you man, if you like to read fiction books like lord of the Rings and dune aND shit like that, research "power metal" if you want something else try the band "mastodon" I personally love them. What about tool have you heard of tool?
>>
>>680834937

I have found literally zero similarity between punk lyrics and metal lyrics. Punk lyrics actually mean something. metal lyrics seems like its just talking about disgusting shit and the devil and screaming into the mic.
>>
>>680835238

yea I listen to tool. and A perfect circle. There lyrics are kind of lame too. Hard to decipher any meaning in some songs and generally emo and depressing. but the music is too good
>>
>>680834366
Mah Nigga, Rotting Christ is amazing, that is far from their best album though
>>
>>680835257
I'm talking about punk lyrics and thrash metal lyrics. Not heavy metal or any other metal.
Both kind of have a rebellious "fuck the system" kind of vibe.
I'm talking about bands like megadeth, and lamb of god, if you listen to them they sing about what's wrong with the world in an angry tone. Much like punk
Ya-feel?
>>
dude metal ignorant fags are worse than everything else, most of the non musician ones don't even know what defines a genre and calls every megadeth's songs thrash even the newest ones without mentioning the japanese and neo classical influences of marty friedman
>>
>>680835257
Ever listen to the Dead Kennedys or the Sex pistols or NOFX? Punk lyrics seems like its just talking about disgusting shit and the devil and screaming into the mic.
>>
>>680835459
Yeah lead singer of tool got sober and sings about that all the time. Kinda lame, idk man for me I like the instrumental, most hip-hop head really determine the quality of the music by the depth of the lyrics. But I and alot of metal heads listen to the instrumentals because that's where the talent is in the band.
>>
>>680835620

okay. can you give me an example of a Slayer song where they have a fuck the system vibe or does that not exist?
>>
Prog/djent reporting in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsFRzdtNnxw
>>
>>680831136
Iron Maiden... Nuff said. Great lyrics, great riffs, great vocals.
>>
>>680836309
Listen to just about anything on their album Undisputed Attitude for that punk vibe
>>
>>680836309
Jihad by slayer
Its about 9/11
NEXT
>>
>>680831136
The Dillinger Escape Plan
Between the Buried and me
Manowar
Anything with Luca Turilli
Cloacal Kiss
Sawtooth Grin
The Red Chord
Bad Luck 13
Dashboard Confessional
>>
>>680836504

That's a good point. I like The Trooper but haven't heard much else from them.
>>
>>680834366

I listened to this and once again the music was fucking badass but the vocals is basically just screaming. and they're surrounded by satanic imagery and their band name is rotting christ? like wtf? why does that bullshit have to accompany so much of metal? i don't understand. I don't want to think about rotting christ when I'm listening to music.
>>
>>680834137
Dude, do you even know who The Suicide Commandos were? Learn what REAL punk is before posting pop punk bullshit like The Undertones. I'll bet you're a Buzzcocks fan as well, aren't you, faggot?
>>
>>680836456

literally just screaming into a microphone. couldn't even make out what they were saying. had to turn it off. Gay
>>
>>680837598

edgy. great post
>>
Hey OP if you want to learn more abou metal and why do some bands use such imagery etc. (It mostly stardet just to make an impact on people) watch the documentary "Metal a headbangers journey" an the tv series tha follows it.

Metal isnt only about death and satan my friend. Its a world of genius music compositions and lyrics and just plain badassnes if you know where to look.

Its an expensive genre of music and it has something for everyone - hence the extreme imagery- extreme metal for extreme people. But it also has a lot more to offer.

Keep on headbanging OP \m/!
>>
>>680838297
Yup.
>>
File: YES.jpg (89 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
YES.jpg
89 KB, 500x500
I used to be the same way OP, i thought metal was bad because the lyrics and shit about the devil. now im an atheist so i couldnt give a fuck.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qki712bg84w
>>
>>680838297
Mlakar je peder
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHiRyuKi6SU&list=PLMfzJlEnsL4FHLP1L9AAjXSO5N7u07USx

Some more great hardcore punk/crossover thrash is superjoint ritual
>>
>>680838766

I'm not even religious. Does all have to be darkness death and destruction though? I like some Pantera also btw.
>>
>>680837360
There's Christian metal if you're more into that.

Red Chord
>>
>>680840847

I'm not even religious though. But no one has been able to answer this question. Why does it all have to be death darkness and destruction?
>>
File: Vargandolf.jpg (72 KB, 757x451) Image search: [Google]
Vargandolf.jpg
72 KB, 757x451
>>680839708
What cracks me up is when people complain the lyrics are just growling and indecipherable yelling, and say that metal only has lyrics about murder and death.

How the fuck can you claim to know what the lyrics are about when you don't know what words are being sung? I think people are just projecting what's in them when they listen, and all the prejudices they have been spoonfed since the days when the Geraldo Rivera show was a thing

When I play Die Eier Von Satan people think it's some evil shit, but it's lyrics are a recipe for cookies.
How diabolic.
>>
>>680831136
Go listen to ghost, great lyrics but less insanely heavy riffs.
>>
>>680841883

This is somewhat disingenuous because you'er completely glossing over the fact that metal DOES have dark and satanic lyrics. I'm not saying that's all it is but you can't deny that satanic imagery and gore is a part of that scene.
>>
>>680835864
Dead Kennedys just took the piss out of everyone. Disgusting shit? You haven't listened to a fucking thing.

OP. Propagandhi. Thrash genius.
>>
>>680841566
What would you rather it be about?

Look up some party metal or something. That will be about drinking and partying instead of darkness.
>>
>>680842520

you lose me with this SJW faggot shit. fuck these faggots. I'd rather murder them than listen to music with this message behind it.
>>
>>680842418
>This is somewhat disingenuous because you'er completely glossing over the fact that metal DOES have dark and satanic lyrics

Except it was a response to anon asking >Does all have to be darkness death and destruction though?

#Notallmetal
>>
>>680843042

you act like it's that easy. Does Party Metal even exist? That might actually be cool.
>>
>>680843372
Best band in the world right now. Think I give a fuck what you think?
>>
>>680843607
Exodus was really good
>>
>>680843447

>This is somewhat disingenuous because you'er completely glossing over the fact that metal DOES have dark and satanic lyrics. I'm not saying that's all it is

funny how you left that last bit out
>>
>>680843607
The Fabulous Disaster album by Exodus is where I would start.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.