[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well /b/ in possibly 10 years when the dollar crashes I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7
File: IMG_20160421_000100.jpg (402 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160421_000100.jpg
402 KB, 1080x1920
Well /b/ in possibly 10 years when the dollar crashes I'm gonna be feeling good that i took $20 out everytime i made money and bought 1 oz of silver and i can laugh at /b/ are laughing at OP who is sitting on 30oz of silver bullion.
>>
>>680415099
but the silver price barely rises. gold is the only metal that is reasonable to invest it.
>>
Enjoy that $600, OP.

I'll be right here with my guns, ammo and canned food.
>>
In the past five years, silver has lost 60% of its value. Meanwhile, inflation has been so low that a dollar is worth almost exactly the same. So how's that investment working out for ya?
>>
only 4 things that are worth anything op guns girls and gold and grass and any of them can be traded for the other
>>
>>680415099
In the event of a market crash the fed can seize gold and silver assets from citizens, enjoy your poverty.
>>
File: IMG_20160420_231709.jpg (3 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160420_231709.jpg
3 MB, 4160x3120
>>680415448
Right so where are you making any money buying gold? You think making a couple bucks on gold is a profit?
I guess if you bought the gold before the price got high i mean who buys high the point in buying stuff is to buy low sell high ain't no bullion place gonna buy 1 gram of gold for $50 they will buy at gold price
>>
>>680415099
Dont listen to the naysayers. I have 591 oz of silver myself, and enough lead as well.
>>
OP is vested in silver but hedged in obesity. Who cares how much silver you have - you're just going to die a lonely death at an early age.
>>
>>680416356
Citation please.
>>
>>680416356
you're actually not allowed to hold your gold assests. If you have like 5 troy, the feds wont really care, but get up to like 20 and they'll sieze it and give you a certificate for the amount that you can hold instead.
>>
>>680415099
You so sexy, you should post moar@@@
>>
>>680416714
Citation please.
>>
>>680416543
You take money out to buy gold and keep it.... Until it's worth a lot nobody here is trying to run a business this is a thread about assuring you have ways to obtain items when the dollar fails.
>>
>>680416543
well if i was one of those cash for gold stores then youre an idiot, but if im a regular investor, its a long term thing. its super easy to see when gold prices are down and it always goes back up.
>>
File: IMG_20160419_194819.jpg (166 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160419_194819.jpg
166 KB, 960x1280
>>680416356
No they fucking can't you idiot a law was past years ago that prevents that from happening again but trying to say they won't come for americans guns is a double edged sword if the goverment wants their weapons they will take them and they will be willing to kill for it.
Black market may always supply but samething happening in europe will soon come to the US
>>
>>680416170
Right? Every time I see one of these threads I just wonder where the poor asshole bought in at.

>>680415099
Whatever you do OP, don't buy another chin until you can divest yourself of your current portfolio. You're over-invested.
>>
File: screen.jpg (256 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
screen.jpg
256 KB, 1920x1080
>>680416170
It'll always go down, right before it goes back up. Trying to decide what to invest in is just another form of gambling. He might say silver is a good option, I'll say gold and you'll say the dollar. We'd all be taking a risk.

I collect silver and gold myself. I also have back up supplies and my own water source. I have a big ass "autofill" distiller next to me in my living room. It has a pre and post filter and it distills the water. This gives me peace of mind because I know I'll always have pure water on hand. I usually keep two '6 gallon' carboys filled just in case shit goes down I'll be ok for awhile.
>>
File: pmm_closeup_1600x1200.jpg (624 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
pmm_closeup_1600x1200.jpg
624 KB, 1600x1200
>>680415099

I diversify into hard silver and gold. I also prospect on occasion. However that is mainly for fun.

>>680415448

Silver prices rise and fall alot. It was $45/oz in 2011. A great money maker if you bought in at $17/oz. for example.

>>680416170

In 2011 silver was $45/oz. Buying now would be a smart hedge against the compounding inflation.

In other words, if the national average inflation has been 3% every year, that percentage compounds yearly, which explains why milk, gas, houses, etc. have all gone up in value precipitously.
>>
>>680417036
its pretty much physically impossible to confiscate every firearm in the usa. theres simply too many
>>
>>680417386

Just because you didn't have the forethought to buy-in prior to the 2011 boom doesn't mean it silver is a bad place to put some money.
>>
>>680417702
However it's really easy to say turn them in willingly or you're a felon.

>>680417789
Precious metals are a bad place to put some money.
>>
>>680417439
The idea that something that goes down must be "due" to go up is a classic mathematical fallacy. And yes, of course there's risk in any investment, but risk is quantifiable. Not all things are equally likely to happen. So my question was, what makes OP think that silver—which has fallen more in 5 years than the USD has at any point in the last 75—is a less risky investment than the USD?
>>
>>680417934

Have any evidence to back that up? Its a hedge against inflation and at times, when there is a high demand a great windfall.
>>
OP is the type of guy that doesn't haggle at a car dealership.

I'm sure the dude that sold you that could smell the sucker on you from a mile away.
>>
>>680417985

Silver is still often used in the technological and medical areas. Its sees no less use, it is still a common jewelery item and sometimes a currency/commodity.

So its demand WILL fluctuate in the future. That is a not a fallacy.
>>
well anon in possibly 10 years when the price of silver drops and i didnt take 20$ out every time i made money then i would have not wasted all that money. you have $510 right now... pay less than half your rent for one month and be out of money?? buy 2 weeks worth of groceries?? the fuck. it's not like you're putting $100000 into a 40% mutual fund or something. wtf was the point of this
>>
>>680418467
It's not a fallacy to predict fluctuation, the fallacy is believing that something going down HAS to go up again. I'm still waiting for any evidence that silver is due to rise above its 2011 levels. I work in finance, so quantity the likelihood and I'll go buy silver. But I get the sense none of the precious metals fetishists in here know the first thing about commodities trading, or else you'd be trading futures rather than holding fucking inventory.
>>
>>680418104
No, I don't have any free investment advice for you, faggot. Keep buying silver for all I care. I'm sure it will all work out for you.
>>
>>680415099
My collection of led and brass will be worth more than your silver.
>>
File: index.jpg (11 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
11 KB, 275x183
>>680417985
I can't answer for it but I'd say that the only thing that gives the dollar value is the faith in it. The primary source currently behind the faith of the dollar is Saudi Arabia and their petrodollar. Other than that, it isn't backed by anything. On the other hand, silver had intrinsic value and doesn't need to be backed.

It's valuable because it's rare. I think the best bet is to not put all your eggs in one basket. I think silver is a better option than the dollar, but I think having a some silver, some gold, some stocks, is a way better idea. Your not going to maximize your profit but your minimize your risk. Again, it's all gambling. At the end of the day we're adults and we all have to make our own choices as to what's best for us.
>>
>>680418951
I honestly don't think he can afford to get into commodities trading. He's just an idiot who wants to hold silver regardless of the cost.
>>
>>680416714
I second the request for a citation, please.
>>
>>680419448
>I think silver is a better option than the dollar
I think you're wrong in all but a very few select circumstances, and holding silver coinage rather than jewelry or bullion just means he got ripped the fuck off.
>>
>>680419448
The other fallacy at play here is that quantifying risk is the same as gambling. It isn't. I couldn't agree more that diversification is essential (it is, in fact, the exact way to invest without gambling), but not in commodities. That's lunacy. Cash, stocks (preferably mutual funds or indexed ETFs) and treasuries. That's the wisest approach.
>>
You can't eat metal. You CAN eat meat. Buy a gun. Ask /k/
>>
>>680415099
.. does that mean you have only earnt money 30 times?
they have silver threads on >>>/biz/
get over there and be laughed at
>>
>>680419799
I don't believe the feds will prevent you from holding your own assets. Having that been said, here's a true story.

I cashed out my stocks and bonds a few years ago and decided to buy gold with some of it. Apmex gives you discount if you wire the money instead of using a credit card or paypal. As I was spending over 7000$ on gold bars I decided that the bank wire was worth it. Because of the amount of money I was wiring the guy at the bank told me I'd have to wait while they contacted the DEA. No joke, the fucking DEA. I asked if that was a policy and he said yes.

He outright asked me what the transfer was for. Up until this point I was under the impression that what I buy is none of their business so I asked him, "are you required to ask me that?", he said yes so I told him and the transfer went through.
>>
>>680415099

You paid $20 for something labeled $1.

Brilliant.
>>
File: combi-o.jpg (94 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
combi-o.jpg
94 KB, 600x600
>>680419880
>holding silver coinage rather than jewelry or bullion just means he got ripped the fuck off.
Silver coinage is bullion. I'm not a fan of coins either but most collectors are. I only buy silver and gold in bar form but that's just a preference of mine.

I've actually bought silver coins, old junk silver, old silver certificates and rare coins from people before. When friends run into hard times and they're looking to get rid of stuff in their safe to make some quick cash I take it but when it comes to buying it online I just stick to bars.
>>
>economy crashes
>poor nigger down the street breaks in and takes your silver
>omg guys secure money is a gov conspiracy let's go back to getting mugged on the road and losing everything you own
>>
>>680415099
If you think the dollar will crash in 10 years, why not just sell the (ever devaluing) silver and use the proceeds to short the dollar?
>>
>>680419932
>quantifying risk is the same as gambling
I think this hinges on what we consider gambling. I'm not saying gambling as in "I'll be able to prove it qualifies as gambling in a court room".

For me, anything I don't have complete certainty on is a gamble no matter the odds. The word "risk" is the same as "gamble" to me because your just looking at your odds and trying to make the right move.
>>
> I took 20 bucks out every time I made money to buy 1oz of silver

> I have 30oz of silver

Soooo, you've made 30 paychecks?

I'm laughing at this 32 year old looking fucker who hasn't even held down his first job for 1 year yet. Hows mum's basement?
>>
>>680419121

I asked you to provide EVIDENCE not ADVICE you dense toad.

You said

>Precious metals are a bad place to put some money.

Prove it pleb.
>>
>>680421458
>nigger down the street breaks in and takes your silver
Safe is hidden, I'm armed, got a kick ass security system and I reinforced all the doors myself.

I should also add I was robbed about 5 years ago so I kind of go overboard when it comes to securing my place.
>>
>>680415099
>implying i couldnt go and get some bullion right now.
>>
>>680421458

What currency should you take your pay-out in when you short the dollar? fucking lol.
>>
>>680415099
I love buying me some silver, but 30ozt means you're sitting on about $600. Not exactly Bill Gates there.
>>
>>680415099
Except when the nigger hordes arrive your asshole will be turned inside out so the silver won't matter much.
>>
Over the last 20 years I collected about 3lbs of scrap gold, 9lbs of silver coins and whatnot. Gonna cash in next summer and get some easy cash out start upsending going.
>>
>>680422802
Is this your first time trying to sound smart? A forward currency contract (the mechanism for shorting a currency) can be in any currency, but they're typically in CHF.
>>
>>680415099
deflation ahead friend
>>
>>680415099
You're paying for more silver ths than you're getting. Trade and money is just an iou for gold. That cash has to sooner or later be backed up by gold. If everything goes to shit no one is really gonna give a fuck even about gold unless you're in a different country. All people will care about is food and protection
>>
>>680415099
Haha what a dumb cunt.
>forgetting about oil
All types of refined oil and fuel will be the future currency
>>
The best thing is just be one of those guys that knows a lot about a lot of things, crafty. Someone that knows how to build shit, hunt, and purify water. I kind of get that feeling that if it was the end of the world and we had to rebuild, most of the people on this board would be the people I'd want to get far away from before I started to build shit.

I'd start with food and water first then I'd work on shelter, then I'd build a toilet system over a river like the Romans did. I'd be sun burnt, worn out, tired as hell and I'd smell like shit from working my ass off.....then I'd turn and look at all of you and you'd be standing there with your arms folded watching me and not helping at all. Just passively waiting for me to get done so you can ask me where you can plug your fucking computers in at?
>>
>>680422545
>>Precious metals are a bad place to put some money.
>Prove it pleb.

Do precious metals pay dividends? Nope. Case closed.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.