[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ask an ED RN from a large city hospital anything.. No I do not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7
File: azVBz7Z_700b_v1.jpg (73 KB, 700x873) Image search: [Google]
azVBz7Z_700b_v1.jpg
73 KB, 700x873
ask an ED RN from a large city hospital anything..
No I do not have any good pics

Good story

about 3 weeks ago I treated a gun shot pt who took a 12 guarge buckshot to the right shoulder and a part of his face. Lots of gore ended up losing the arm and his right side of his face by the jaw bone was mutilated..

many others..
>>
>>680402920
I shall entertain you. Lets hear a story
>>
>>680403747

I had a pt once that had tried sticking a glass vas up his ass.. he didnt know there was a vacuum effect I guess. He came into the ED with it still up his ass, we had to drill a hole in it and then cut the vas without it shattering but instead take it out in pieces I was involved in the beginning then he went into surgery and was in there for like 6 hours.
>>
File: Leak.jpg (68 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
Leak.jpg
68 KB, 720x960
< 20 > I bet /b/ is going to enjoy this new leak. She cheated on me and thus I will be dumping all her vids https://wgg.co/Qj6zE Few minutes and it will be removed :)
>>
>>680403747

In the end they had to open his rectum and then sew it back shut but the vase was never shattered.
>>
Id like it bloody, but with a happy ending.

Give blood.
>>
>>680404283
good god. will he still be able to shit right again?

nice to hear he saved $20 on buying a dragon dildo, at least
>>
>>680404466

He'll just shit out of his penis like every other faggot.
>>
>>680404466

I am pretty sure he ended up having to have a ostomy pouching system put in... so no he will not shit right, it'll be in a bag from now on
>>
>>680402920
Any funny suicide attempts?
>>
ever fuck a doctor?
>>
>>680404699
It was probably only temporary.
>>
>>680404737
lots.. people are fucking idiots lol

Had a lady try to kill herslf with a shotgun cannot remember caliber. The dumb bitch instead of shooting herself in the head shot herself in the chest. This was actually the first time I ever assisted in putting in a chest tube.. needless to say she lived and was admitted.

>>680404851
negative though I've been with some fun nurses and a could social workers.

>>680404914
yeah I am not sure I just know by the time he left the ED they had put one in
>>
>>680404699
sweet mother of mercy that's a high price to pay for a dumb fuckup like that....

he'll have fun explainging why he has a bag the rest of his life

still seems like there should be another way to remove that fucking thing, but I guess he figured that too

if they cut your butthole ring though you can't stitch that back together right again, can you? I mean, it won't be the same, will it?

also, what does it mean when a woman has to get stitches in her pussy from childbirth or from getting fucked too hard? will they be the same again? Can they be made tighter while the doctors are in there?
>>
>>680402920
i cant stand how nurses like you pretend to have the knowledge and skill of physicians and surgeons

it fucking pisses me off like no other

>hurr i can write prescriptions durr
>durr this patient i was treating durr

SHUT THE FUCK UP

YOU DONT DO SHIT

end blog
>>
>>680402920
Hey op what happened in the pic
>>
>>680402920
Fellow ER nursefag here dude! What city/hospital you at? Grady in Atlanta here. Fucking insane here
>>
>>680405310
You are dumb as shit. The few times I've been to a hospital I've been helped much more by the nurses. Doctors just there to give them the OK. Fuckin learn something dipshit
>>
>>680405216
there was a forcept used.. the main thing was not to shatter the glass because then you are dealing with a shit ton of shattered glass in the rectum..

>>680405310
obviously not in the medical field

>>680405325
most likely a trauma code.. not my pic tho that is what a room typically looks like in a trauma

>>680405406

SLU St, Louis insane here too.. we stay busy haha
>>
>>680405406
How long have you been a RN? I got my ADN in 2009 and worked in telemetry for 3 years then transferred to ED.. I literally just finished my BSN through Chamberlain today.
>>
>>680405716
I feel your pain dude we stay busy as hell here in the American nigger motherland. I'm 7p-7a and I get to see chimp on chimp trauma every single night on top of everything else. As long as I'm not assigned to our fast track section for the night it usually goes by pretty quick. I'm actually looking at transferring to an icu/ccu type situation because my main goal is getting my crna.
>>
>>680406314
I got my associates just over 13 years ago and finally finished my BSN last year. A couple more years and I'll finally be done with school
>>
>>680402920
>>680405406
Who cleans up those rooms? It's not the regular janitors is it? There's got to be some higher standards for the ER opposed to the hallways.
>>
>>680406321
I plan to work towards my CRNA next myself.. chasing those greens lol.

Yeah I see a shit ton of nig on nig myself. best is when the cops bring them in and they're in custody.. they have no power then and you can treat them like shit while the cop just tells them to stfu.. I'm 7a-7p so its not as bad but sometimes I work a weekend night and I see the craziness.. no joke I see more car accidents than I ever thought possible during my shifts..
>>
>>680406577
Most of the staff that was involved in the code picks up the big stuff but depending on the time of day the deep cleaning is either housekeeping or whatever nurse is assigned that area with a bottle of cavicide knocking that shit out
>>
>>680406577
uh.. no pretty much just a joe schmo janitor.. I mean hes educated on sterilization and safety I am sure.. There have been cases where I have had to clean when we are dealing with overflow.. but I mean its just blood and trash..
>>
>>680406849
Damn I can't believe regular house cleaning is responsible to get that place up to standard again.

So who restocks what you used or might need?
>>
>>680406849
>>680407064
who the fuck is real op? which answre is correct? both?
>>
>>680402920
I have a question for you

Why do all the RN's treat security like shit? Every you retards call a code white we are the first there protecting your asses, yet you give us elitist BS attitude and are completely unapproachable people. For every half decent nurse there are a thousand shit ones with bad attitudes.

Is it because you guys are unionized so you believe you cant be fired? I'd seriously like to know. They threw me on a standby awhile ago for a nurse getting fired (I had to sit outside a room while the hospital let go of an employee incase the employee lost their shit) so I know it does happen but I'm just curious.

As Healthcare security I see a lot of fucked up shit too (e.g deceased in morgue was being transported, bag ripped open and blood went everywhere) and take the brunt of it from psych patients

and I know it's not just security. It's housekeeping staff as well that cant tolerate you cunts. Also why the fuck do you guys sit at the nursing desk in the ER and shit talk patients behind their backs all the time and laugh? I remember an incident with a patient overhearing the shitalking, freaking out, forcing me to have to deal with them.

I'm just tired of you elitist fucks. Everybody is always talking about how great nursing staff is when in reality they were a bunch of elitist insensitive dickheads out of touch with reality.
>>
>>680407144
at my hospital only nurses can restock because you have to use a pixus medstation to get anything out of and for that you have to use a code, which we just started using our finger print.
>>
>>680407235
I asked them both.

Seems like they gave the same answer.
I'm satisfied.
>>
>>680405716
yeah you're obviously not a physician or surgeon so stop pretending to be

REMOVE THE AMBIGUITY

AND LOSE THE ATTITUDE

YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT
>>
>>680407235
I'm >>680406849 and both answers are correct. It all depends on the time of day. Grady employs waaaay more housekeeping staff during day hours and because I'm working nights it's different. Nurses and techs are responsible for a lot of duties like that at night
>>
>>680405619
>doctors are just there to give them the OK

kill yourself
>>
>>680402920

How many times a day do you see people come in with things up their asses?

Do you see more men come in with things up their ass, or more women?

Did you have anyone come in pretending just so they could get you to touch their asshole?
>>
>>680407428
We see horrible shit and the cunty attitude protects us from taking it home. Laughing at misfortune is easier than truly coming to terms with it. Seems like someone who frequents /b would understand that.
>>
>>680407614
You sound like a 3rd year med student that thought his shit didn't stink till your first day doing rounds when you got your ass schooled by an RN that has forgotten more about medicine than you've learned in your life. Please go fuck yourself with a cactus
>>
>>680402920
>ask an ED RN

I know RN is registered nurse, but what does the ED stand for?
>>
>>680407899
Emergency department
>>
>>680407428
honestly I just dont care about any bullshit.. no bullshit lol
>>
Taking the MCAT in May. EM a good specialty?

PA a good alternative?
>>
>>680407614
really? haha.. you are the med student that gets pissed when I point out youre doing something wrong or that there is abetter way to do something and your supervisor tells you to do it my way.. eat dick faggot
>>
>>680402920
How's your schedule?

Last time I was in the hospital the nurses had to come in at 7:00 then Admins decided if they worked or not.
Get this - they's have to call back @ 11:00 to see if they were needed for 1:00.

FUCK THAT
>>
>>680402920

Do you like greys anatomy? I fucking hate that show particularly because I work in an OR and it's full of shit
>>
>>680408273
Not that guy, but let me just state for the record that as the son, brother and nephew of nurses that I respect and admire the profession.
>>
File: 1460993709921.png (332 KB, 596x628) Image search: [Google]
1460993709921.png
332 KB, 596x628
>>680407891
kek be careful what you wish for op. you may have to deal with the cactus in his asshole later
>>
>>680408178
The way healthcare in the US is headed you're better off looking at getting your BSN. In the right department with a little overtime the income to time/debt for your education can't be beat. I cleared 90k last year. Yeah it was a ton of OT but fuck it dude I'm single and living very comfortably.
>>
File: 1461207367549.jpg (88 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1461207367549.jpg
88 KB, 900x900
>>680402920

> 9gag watermark

REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>680407792
um actually the vase was the only time for me

>>680408313
no we're pretty set though being on call is getting more frequent since obamacare passed.. more staff was hired on for some reason. not sure if its related to obamacare just know it started around that time.

>>680408629
already said the pic wasnt mine lurk much
>>
File: 1460690980654.jpg (33 KB, 600x530) Image search: [Google]
1460690980654.jpg
33 KB, 600x530
>>680407823
I do understand that. Healthcare Security in my hospital takes shit from patients, visitors, hospital staff and even by fellow employees - on top of that we deal with deceased, get called into ER trauma rooms holding down bloody shit stained people, enter seclusion rooms and get feces thrown at us etc too. Trust me I understand

but you guys literally treat everybody who didn't
attend university to study nursing for 4 years like shit, and you guys laugh and talk shit about a lot of patients too - and then I'm stuck being called to deal with it. I find myself a lot of the time more often than not agreeing with the patients complaints on nursing staff. Yeah a lot of them can be verbally agressive intolerable dickheads (most of them are) but sitting at a nursing desk not even a meter away shit talking and pretending they cant hear you is equally as stupid.

Fuck I went home the other day (I drive a nice car) nurse walks up to me and acts all surprised and asks how I can afford it. It's like buddy, I didn't go 100k into debt to get into nursing school just to act like an elitist dickhead in the hospital and wonder why workers being paid less than me have more.

But shit aside, you guys call code white and we are there regardless, protecting your asses in seclusion rooms, psych wards and wherever the fuck else we are needed.

and like I said, I understand it's a stressful job. But the way I see a lot of nurses treat housekeeping and hospital security is just down right unacceptable.

Also why does every fucking ward hate the other ward? The nurses are at war with each other too.
>>
>>680408593
cheers
>>
>>680408369
When I was in nursing school the equivalent for me was ER. Fucking loved that show till I started working. Then it was like getting off work and then going home to watch more work on TV
>>
>>680408178
I would say nursing, radiology or respiratory are the ways to go. you're going to pump so much money into your education you'll want some back.
>>
>>680402920
Power to you bud, and always much respect.

I'm an RN on a orthopedic unit. ED is the one unit I dread floating to... which is weird considering I was an EMT-B for a couple years and an EMT-I for awhile after that. Just can't stand the randomness of it any more. Gimmie my boring surgical patient any day!
>>
>>680404219
Eww fucking disgusting!
Again with this you faggot no we don't want any
jesus fucking christ the bots are gaining sentience.
>>
>>680408817

Buddy of mine is an IT sysadmin at the local hospital, he has largely the same experiences you are describing.

Hospital management in particular sounds pretty bad.
>>
>>680408817
I try not to treat people like shit but at times Im just annoyed with dumb shit.. I actually get along with pretty much all the ED staff including the staff that aren't nurses.
as for when a code is called.. as a security guard stay the fuck out of my way..

plus anyone that has ever been in a code
OMG!! the adrenaline will make you wanna bust a nut!
>>
>>680405716
Shieet, I was in there a while back for a gunshot to my right shoulder and stitches for a bunch of glass wounds. You a guy, about 5'10" to 6', mixed complexion or tan, kind of cute?
>>
>>680409495
I totally agree. A good trauma is better than good head
>>
What do you Nursefags think about getting flu shots?
>>
>>680409877
I don't really like them just because flu shots are just a best guess approach to what ever strain is going to be most active during the season. I know it's in my head... but I feel like I always get sick after getting it.

That said... totally advocate for flu vac for the young and the old.
>>
>>680409877
Premed/medical research fag here. I believe it can't hurt.

inb4 infowars
>>
>>680409098
I think I love it because it's so fast paced.. I hope to be in surgery once I finish my CRNA schooling I'll be ready for some slow paced work by then.

>>680409661
6'2" not really too tan tho haha

>>680409877
I get 1 every year.. I deal enough with your patientfags trying to get me killed with your aids and such.. I dont want your flu too
>>
>>680409661
>kind of cute

kek at the autism. time to check into the psych ward
>>
>>680410074
The sickness is your immune response. Cytokines flowing and antibodies being generated.
>>
>>680407428
That sounds more like a problem with the type of people you work with.
When you have a bunch of people working together in the same building you are bound to find some shitty ones.
>>
File: praise_the_sun_by_immp-d8bfvos.jpg (138 KB, 735x1088) Image search: [Google]
praise_the_sun_by_immp-d8bfvos.jpg
138 KB, 735x1088
PRAISE THE SUN
>>
>>680405174
people that shoot themselves in the chest are fucking retarded
>>
>>680410193
Yeah i know the whole immune response . I don't just get a bit under the weather... I always end up feeling like death and hating life haha. I'm positive it's just coincidence. The gods know im exposed to enough bugs and shit on the unit to catch any number of things on a daily basis.
>>
>>680409140
Yeah man it's weird, you don't really understand the social mechanics of a hospital until you work in one and see the shit going on underneath.

But it's basically in a nutshell; the nursing staff treat everybody like shit. There are some good nurses, but they are a dime a dozen. Most of them are pretty shitty intolerable people with elitist attitudes that suck the doctors dicks everytime they walk. The wards also clash hard and there is a lot of infighting between nurses too.

But basically if you are in the hospital working and you aren't a nurse or a doctor, expect to be treated like a third world immigrant. The only people that seem to not take the shit is maintenance workers who regularly tell the nurses where to stick it but end up having to appeal to their unreasonable demands in the end.

I think it really is more or less the fact that, because they got a degree, they think they are better, and having to work with elitist dickheads all day isn't a healthy environment, especially when you got patients (usually psych patients) and sometimes visitors (homeless) screaming at you all day.

and I get they like to joke around and fuck around, but they stir up a lot of shit too. I saw three nursing staff having to use a chair lift on an older lady laughing and giggling at her as she swung around on it, and like yeah it can be kind of funny, but later talking to the woman she told me she felt like they were making fun of her and it hurt her feelings.

They also treat the paramedics like shit too, I see paramedics take a lot of shit from them constantly. Especially when the hospital doesn't have enough room and there isn't enough beds they get screamed at for just doing their jobs trying to find a place for the person they are bringing in.

The nurses have this too good for thou untouchable attitude and for the most part are unapproachable people in the work place.
>>
for those nurse haters.
I took a position at a small rural hospital closer to my house a couple years ago on a med surg floor. It was a PRN position just something because I wanted more money...
Here I am a pretty well trained telemetry nurse and had 1 year of fast paced ED experience in by then at this small 100 bed hospital.
A pt I had coded and during the code the charge nurse was on the phone with the family. another nurse was pretty much in the corner crying, the PCT was writing shit down and the md was standing there looking like an idiot!
As I am doing compression I yelled for the md to give an eppy shot at which time he calmly said yeah administer an eppy. Then when she was dead I had to tell the daughter and husband bc the md was "busy"..

I quit 2 weeks later..
>>
>>680410082
Hm, this was back in November. Regardless, you guys were surprisingly professional and capable. Hotels around here are shit besides Barnes. Especially Anderson hospital in Marysville Illinois, told my grandfather he had extremely aggressive lung cancer and he would be lucky to outlive the next month. Went to Barnes to get a 2nd opinion, just pneumonia.
>>680410135
>autism
Relax.
>>
>>680409495
>anyone that has ever been in a code

I don't know about you but I've done over 1000 code whites, code blues, code pinks, code yellows, and even a few code red/brown and the shit gets boring after awhile. I used to get that adrenaline rush early on (usually in code whites) but it gets repetitive (aggressive patient) usually when we throw on the restraints or have to really hold the person down and get physical but even that gets old.

I guess as security the code blues wouldn't be like that for me as all I'm doing is crowd control in them (pushing family members away), but it usually seems pretty cut and cry on if the person is going to make it or not and more or less it's just CPR + AED and drugs to try and get the heart pumping. Literally nothing like how the movies make it out to be.
>>
>>680411295
thank you there are a few nurses that are worthless but for the most part we're well staffed.. and its funny you mention anderson.. >>680411233 was at anderson lol place is a fucking joke.
>>
>>680411295
>Hotels.
Maybe I am an autistic fuck.
>>
>>680402920
OP i live in Saint Louis close to slu
>>
>>680402920
If you're smart enough to be an RN, why are you not smart enough to know what ellipses are and are not for?
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.