[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup anons, have quit smoking weed after smoking a gram a day
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: 4.jpg (25 KB, 528x432) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
25 KB, 528x432
Sup anons, have quit smoking weed after smoking a gram a day for 4 years. Second day and getting pretty restless now. Any tips?
>>
Just calm down and stop thinking about smoking weed all day. Talk a walk.
>>
File: Kim-Jong-Il-2.jpg (18 KB, 321x420) Image search: [Google]
Kim-Jong-Il-2.jpg
18 KB, 321x420
You smoked pot for four years without figuring out that the reason you suffer is because you feel there's some way you could not suffer. Either smoke or don't smoke it is after all your karma.
>>
>>680153355
Part of smoking is not just the actual high but the action/behavior

When a friend of mine quit cigarettes, he said taking a cigarette (no lighting it) and "smoking" it as if it was lite helped curb the habit or even putting his fingers to his lips as if he had a cigarette and pulled air to mimic the smoking action.

Maybe try that, take an empty pipe and pull air through it like you are smoking to help curb the feeling with behavior
>>
>>680153355
no because you can't become addicted to weed. Just stop being a weak minded little bitch and do something with your life.
>>
I'm trying to quit too after 14 years. Not easy. Walking is good advice.
>>
>>680153533
And walk the talk ofc
>>
>>680153657
maybe actually look it up instead of talking out your ass.
>>
ride it out but fill your time with physical activities so you can sleep at night
>>
File: 1456807304965.jpg (124 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1456807304965.jpg
124 KB, 500x375
>>680153355
smoke some weed to calm down.
>>
File: gangster.jpg (41 KB, 618x618) Image search: [Google]
gangster.jpg
41 KB, 618x618
>>680153355

play 30 minutes of dance dance revolution
>legit cure to all psychological problems
>does not help people with parkinson's
>>
>>680153533
>>680153657
Get off 4chan OP not even joking. Go lift or take a run talk to some people your u haven't spoke with in a while. If you reply to this you're failing already
>>
>>680153657
You can become mentally addicted to anything, weed isn't physically addictive you're right, you wont go through withdrawls, but mentally yes. Have you ever seen that my strange shit.
>>
>>680153355
getting psychologically addicted to drugs is quite hard, you probably have psychological problem which is why you crave escapism and good kush. I norwegian doctor reccomend you speak wit therapist

get well soon
>>
>>680153657
fuck off baitsan
OPs fucked
>>
>>680153355
Iam a huge failure, dont be like me :)
>>
>>680153654
thanks not op, but I did this.
feel a little silly but oh well.. it did kind of help tbh
>>
>>680153355
Go for a long walk. It helps
>>
>>680153355
Just tough it out.

But here's the reality of the matter, someone who needs a gram of weed a day just to cope with life is struggling with some demons.

I should know. I have pretty much the same habit (and it must be dank top shelf smoke).

And the reality of the matter is once you cease to be numb, the trauma/pain you're running from will catch up to you. Then you must deal with it head on for a few days. You may feel very angsty and depressed.

The important thing is to stay busy. Chronic potheads usually have very little going on in their day to day life and smoking helps cope with the soul-crushing boredom.

I find you feel bad for about a week. Aches and pains are worse. Depression is worse. You are irritable. If you like to backburner something mentally that bothers you intensely, you'll have to focus on it (rather than hide from it).

However, after a week, you feel so much better. Lungs feel cleaner. Much more energy. Much happier. Much more assertive. You get household chores done (rather than endlessly procrastinate).

After a week, you're out of the woods. The weed-withdrawal is over. Say what you will about weed, it's a great drug that helps with many things, but it's also significantly more addictive than people realize. Particularly if used regularly for anti-depressant or anti-anxiety purposes.
>>
Sucks broi smoke.more than an 8th of. Pretty much the best stuff you can get in cali in 1-2 days. Ifure gonna quit drink alot of water and stay productive
>>
>>680154112
You'll feel dumb and silly, but it will help with dealing with behavior aspect of it
>>
>>680153355
Just remember why you quit and know that you don't need it to be happy. I was once a pot smoker but I'm glad I'm not anymore. That shit was a burden on my wallet and there's other ways of feeling good (working out for example).
>>
I'm addicted right now, but I'm still kinda in denial. I've off and on for a year or so, but since my close firend started selling I had easier access to it, and he'd smoke me out like every night. I started having nervous break downs and sever social anxiety, so I started smoking more, and it really hasn't been that long since i got addicted (maybe a month) but weed makes me feel ok. before weed i was constantly overwhelmed and on edge, and little shit would put me though hell, the average social interaction was like a mission, but weed makes me act normal, but again it costs money and it has made me stupider, more forgetful and made school a lot harder .
>>
I suck shit
>>
>>680153821
This. I usually listen to and play thrash metal. It keeps my mind off of a lot things AND it helped me get rid of my depression along. Running also helped too.
>>
>>680153355
Get high, that will help you to rest.
>>
>>680154251
I was off for 8 days, just smoked yesterday, and reading this made me feel bad.

I just smoked so I could clean the fridge and throw out all the old food, but, it's biting me in the back of my head.

sigh.
>>
>>680153950
This is what pot heads always say to downplay the addictiveness of weed:
>isn't physically addictive

I smoke every day and need to to be happy.. If I don't have it, I can't eat, I can't sleep, I get restless, and generally feel quite angsty, depressed, and sad.

I've been on and off of coke, meth, hard pain pills, heroin, and alcohol. I've had binges where I've hit and quit all that shit pretty hard.... guess which drug is the hardest for me to quit? Weed.

In reality, most hard drugs are no more physically addictive than weed. I feel worse quitting weed cold turkey than binging on heroin for a few days and stopping.

See the problem with the DARE weed propaganda telling people that weed will make you flip out and kill your parents, is that the potheads feel obliged to propagandize and spread half-truths of the opposite sort as a counterbalance. That's why you get all these wackjobs saying weed cures all disease (even terminal illness) and is a completely nonaddictive solution for world peace.

As usual the truth lies between hard lines.
>>
anon on a t-break here, just keep yourself busy during the day, do some exercise, etc
>>
A gram a day. Hahaha. Pussy.
>>
Honestly just eat healthier,exercise and choose foods like mangoes
>>
>>680156866
Almost as useful as >isn't physically addictive
>>
>>680153355
keep yourself away from this shit. smoked 5g every day for 6 years. now its over with this faggot shit for little loosers!

stay clean bro, im with you
>>
>>680153657
>>680153695
bullshit. i quit from one day to another. you only have to want. otherwise you are a weedfag and looser
>>
Smoking 20 buck a day. It's called a lifestyle. Fucktards have addict as a word they fling at you.
>>
>>680157492
This lifestyle is comparable with nigger life. I want to have goals again.
>>
People are trying to explain why you do it, good.

Let's just get practical. Weed does not make you chemically adict. It's just an habit.

So, to correct a bad habit just create a good one, and do not stop it, just go gradually, and you'll be okay.
>>
>>680153355

Hmm yeah OP i did get some restlessness and sleeping issues after smoking the last of my stash.

Before that, I was a weekly smoker and go through a quarter every month and a half but I was about to be enlisted into the army and ended up smoking a quarter in a week just so i can be done with it.

The first day was okay but i soon started having shitty sleep and appetite issues which wasnt intolerable since it was the summer holidays.

After a week or so i slept normally and like felt better but I still miss cannabis.

Id say delete your dealer's number and finish your stash if youre really serious about quitting!
>>
>>680153355
I'm not gonna come back to this thread after I post this so no need to reply, OP.

I was addicted to weed aswell. For 5 years I smoked daily because it made me feel normal and without it I wouldn't feel normal.

Give it two weeks, tough it out, you can do it. After two weeks you're free. It's all in the mind with weed, it's not a physical addiction.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.