[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anything that helps depression and anxiety? Htp-5?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 19
File: 1434908184310.gif (2 MB, 320x316) Image search: [Google]
1434908184310.gif
2 MB, 320x316
Is there anything that helps depression and anxiety?

Htp-5? St John Wort ?

Any of that shit help? I just slept about 12 straight hours, lost about ten pounds in the last week.

I'm really struggling.
>>
Exercise.
>>
>>679636123
there is medication that helps. consult a psychiatrist and/or psychologist. Probably have to try many different ones until you find one that is good for you.
Usually for medium to severe cases to get people out of the worst or cases where it's a chemical imbalance probably longterm.

excercise, light therapy, therapy with a shrink.
Keeping a healthy diet and staying away from drugs helps too.

Last resort for deep depression is ect.

not a doc, but dealt with depression a lot.
Consult a doc.
>>
>>679636271
I feel pretty good while I'm doing it. But it doesn't really help that much long term.
>>
>>679636123
Yes, op. Your pic was related. New ones and bigger ones as often as possible should do the trick.
>>
>>679636599
>not a doc,
get out
>>
>>679637496
What
>>
>>679637721
Ayy
>>
>>679636123
go to a psychiatrist. i started going a few months ago and can't believe the difference it's made for me. he put me on trileptal for anxiety in the beginning then later put me on zoloft for depression. i feel better than i have possibly ever, at least since i was 16.. btw 33 now. you can wait for it to get better or for you to get over it but i never did, i'd forgotten what is was like to feel normal
>>
>>679636599
>psychologist.
They do not administer medication,they are not a lisenced M.D
>>
I had debilitating depression and anxiety, The keys for me were: Drink more water, eat better, get enough sleep by going to bed earlier and forcing yourself to wake up - don't sleep in. For me, vitamins help and I like "Stress Tabs" which is bascially a nice blend of B vitamins. But honestly, if you really want to kick Anxiety and Depression it comes from state of mind and coping skills so you should read the book: "How to Stop Worrying and Start Living" by Dale Carnegie. I have found no better resource than that book. Now I can public speak, I have a stressful job that would break most people and I'm very successful by the world standards. Oh, and spend less time on 4chan, this place is not going to help you with those issues. Go out into the real world, take a walk EVERY day. Say hello and smile at people even if it's just a gas station worker.
>>
>>679636123
lol 12 hours of sleep ain't even that much? Its a normal routine for me
>>
>>679638956
Those are quite possibly the worst combo you can be on.
>>
>>679639085
I didn't say get them from him but consult one to see if medication might be useful.
They probably have better insight than a general physician.
And there are doctors who are both (i had one).
>>
>>679636123

You poor motherfucker.

Losing weight, sleeping well.

Sounds like your life blows. Candyass
>>
>>679639106
>beat a literal imbalance of chemicals in your brain,with a fucking book
It is totally not a "state of mind" It is LITERALLY chemicals that are producing too much or too little of the 3 main chemicals related to anxiety and depression
Get the fuck out pajeet
>>
>>679636123
Meditation
>>
>>679636123
exercise is the best medicine for depression
>>
>>679639238
thanks doc! my real doctor put me on them and they are working great. i'll be sure and tell him that someone on an anonymous canadian fisherman's board disagreed with him
>>
>>679636123
That sucks, op. Best advice I can give is exercise, force yourself to go outside and interact with people, and don't drink alcohol. Good luck fellow sufferer.
>>
>>679636123
Hey man. I've been drinking. But I've got time, lets discuss, I see this a lot now a days. Everyones unhappy, longing, hating blah blah blah. What's actually pissed you off/depressed you? Or is it a case of "faggotry". For real bromeo, I'lll give my advice.
>>
>>679639557
Better check the thousands of websites,with peer reviewed drug trials,showing the comparison of different drugs,how effiective they were independently,and when mixed with other medication.
>>
Op here. Been doing powerlifting for years. Have a dog I walk with. I play video games sometimes. Watch sports sometimes.

Still get so anxious and depressed I can barely function
>>
>>679639449
How we cope with Axiety and Depression and our state of mind about them is what creates the debilitating cycles that ruins lives... or minimizes them to the point they are manageable. I still have tendencies for depression and still get anxious from time to time but they don't affect me anything like they did before. Because I deal with things differently and don't let myself get stuck in cycles. Our thoughts lead to chemical reactions in our mind which spawns more thoughts. I offered sensible methods to cope and start to climb out, if you want to toss it and 'be right' about it being purely chemical and nothing related to what we do and think, go for it and good luck with life. I've done what few do in this world in terms of career and much of that is due to my choosing to learn to cope with and make the best of what I've been given. And no, i'm not a Scientologist.
>>
>>679638273
You are extremely dumb if you were unable to discern that he was saying tits improve life.
>>
>>679636123
just kill yourself faggot
>>
>>679640149
Nope.
This is science,not your babble about meditation and books
You cannot literally change how your brain makes or dosent make enough of chemicals in your brain

>Our thoughts lead to chemical reactions in our mind which spawns more thoughts.
No
>i get depression
I think you mean you get sad.Sadness != depression.

Show me right the fuck now,where i press on my body, to generate more serotion.
What food do i eat before taking yoga to produce more dopamine
What bicyle path do i to produce more norepinephrine

You can't.This is science,not indian bullshit
>>
>>679640282
Death is too scary
>>
>>679636123
5-HTP increases serotonin production, L-Tyrosine inceases dopamine production.

Low serotonin levels basically mean you get upset about everyhing very easily. Literally crying over spilled milk.

Low dopomine means you have no motiviation. "fuck it, i just don't care, gonna lay around all day".

The brain needs a balance of both of them. Taking just 5-HTP or just L_Tyrosine can actually make things worse.

Take 100mg 5-HTP and 1000mg L-Tyrosine 2-3x per day. With or without food. It's cheap and it works. I took it for about 6 months, and it was the best decision I ever made.

Blog/Podcast on the subject - http://undergroundwellness.com/the-podcast-about-balancing-the-brain-naturally-and-stuff/
>>
>>679640542
LMAO, if you knew who I was and what I've overcome you'd fall off your chair.. You're a good reminder of what mental illness and projection of one's bullshit onto others can get you. Enjoy life folks, I'm out.
>>
File: 1450060178749.jpg (32 KB, 555x333) Image search: [Google]
1450060178749.jpg
32 KB, 555x333
>>679636123

Im experienced with anxiety, depression, sleeping problems, appetite and even psychosis.

There's only a few things that help:

Good sleeping and eating patterns: discipline
Good nutrition and general exercise: A healthy mind in a healthy body

5-htp has worked for me for sleep and some anxiety but had some side-effects.
vitamin d3 and fish oils worked well.
>>
>>679639106
Thanks Dale.
>>
File: 1440253861479.png (13 KB, 248x185) Image search: [Google]
1440253861479.png
13 KB, 248x185
>>679640930
I dont give a fuck who anyone is is.27 years with bipoler I. diagnosed WAY too fucking late in my life,i know what im talking about.If anyone is projecting,its you,with your non-sense READ A BOOK AND YOUR MIND WILL MAKE MORE CHEMICALS.
Fuck on raghead
>>
File: 1460772188303.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1460772188303.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>679640917
>http://undergroundwellness
>>
>>679640996
Take vitamins over the counter,surly they are better then medications produced from decades of trials and tribulations
>>
Get a gym membership and eat healthy. I found the first one helps with being kind of sad in a way but I don't have depression. Working out feels fucking amazing.
>>
>>679640917
>Sean Croxton is a nigger
>Not a certified M.D
>After graduating from San Diego State University in 2001 with a Bachelor’s in Kinesiology (emph: fitness, nutrition, and health)

Nope
>>
>>679641626
Unless your body isnt producing enough dopamine that you get from a "runners high"
Which is the root of the issue,not producing or over producing 3 chemicals
>>
>>679639449
Lmao this is some reddit tier drivel. He's right, depression is completely about state of mind. The science also proves that it's not chemical. Mental illness is just that, mental, not physical, although it can produce physical symptoms. Maybe if you don't want "Indian bullshit" then try some philosophy like Socrates or marcus aurelius. Or perhaps some self realization would do you some good, take responsibility and accept where you are right now. That's what therapy is about anyways right? Or take a drug that doesn't directly solve your problem and leaves you dependent on it for the rest of your life. But it will always be about you accepting your life and taking the responsibility to move forward.
>>
Things that made my depression managable;
Exercise
Staying sober
Venlafaxine
>>
>>679636123
Take it from an anon who waiting to long to get help and wound up in the hospital for a suicide attempt:
Get to a fucking psychiatrist. There is nothing wrong with being medicated if it is necessary. No matter what help you need, getting it can make a world of difference.
>>
>>679641267
See, this is a perfect example of you giving up, every second of your life. Woe is me, I have x disorder and it's totally chemical. Boohoo I can't control my feelings wah. How about this, start by writing down what makes you feel depressed every day, then write how you can change that and start making steps to better yourself. Take responsibility for your life
>>
>>679641965
>state of mind
So the genetic mutation that happened in the womb, is just a facade?

>drug
Ive been on lithium for 25 years,i have no depression.

>moving forward
I've moved forward with my psychatrist, taking medication that properly controls my brain chemicals,which is scientifily proven(PET scans,MRI,Thermal imaging)

>reddit
Nice meme.You must be quite intelligent to say a "dank meme" as your retort. DId doctor dirka dirka say its the best way to respond to people? To completly disregard anything they say?
No wonder you're pushing this niggershit books
>>
>>679642469
So having a multiple M.D's diagnosing the same illness,is giving up?

>controlling my feeling
So when i was in psychosis up for like 10 dats and downed 300 pills at once just because i wanted to sleep.That surely cant be related to anything else then being a " beta pussy faggot kekekeke"

>change that
Im on medication,that destoyed my depression issues.Thats the beautifil part of science,every part of the body has been mapped and worked on.
>>
I see all these replies and they all involve taking a pill and not addressing the fucking problem. If you start taking these pill without even knowing the root of your depression and anxiety you will become dependent on a pill. No wonder the US is the most pill popping country in the world. Addressing your mental problems as chemical imbalance is just ridiculous. Go to therapy nigga but don't fix your problems by just taking a damn pill
>>
>>679642514
You think people are born with mental illness? But there is no science to prove that. I respond to nonsense with nonsense, but I did address your post. if you'd like to provide studies to prove your actual bullshit I'd like to see them. But we all know I'll be waiting forever.
>>
>>679641540
> Trying to sound smart by using the phrase "Trials and tribulations"
> Not knowing what tribulations are.
>>
>>679642810
You should be able to control yourself without drugs. You are human, right? Probably low iq
>>
>>679636123

Therapy.

In combo with diet and exercise.
>>
>>679642927
Welp, as the third person in my family to be diagnosed with bipolar, all I can say at this point is ABANDON THREAD
>>
>>679643457
Empirical evidence != facts, you should know this being the science lover :)
>>
File: witnessmeee.jpg (12 KB, 325x185) Image search: [Google]
witnessmeee.jpg
12 KB, 325x185
>>679637037
never stop
>>
>>679636123
Friends, and I mean actual friends. Screw the drugs, supplements, and other bullshit. Nothing compares.
>>
>>679642927
So people born with 1 leg,they just didnt try hard enough in the womb to want 2 legs?

So people with full on autisim(the real debilitaing) just arent trying hard enough?

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/mental-illness/basics/causes/CON-20033813
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3267349/
https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/mentaldisorders.html
Just to name a few
Since you like books so much,why dont you read more FACTS FACTS from harvards case studies
>>
>>679642925
>someone who has never had depression in his life
Fuck no lol
LIthium prevents me from entering violent rage outburts.
Lithium prevents me from getting depressed
No amount of talking will ever make that progress
>>
>>679639449
The brain is one of the most able parts of the body to adapt and change. It's not wizard magic to make things better by changing habits and attitude to bring about chemistry change.
>>
>>679639085
>implying everybody on here is an americunt
>>
>>679636123
LSD
>>
To OP,
The opposite of Depression is not Happiness, but Activity.
take it from someone who has struggled with it, gone through its cycles.
Hope u come out
>>
>>679644566
See, there are problems where you can actually prove that they exist, you gave 2 good examples, which I am clearly not disagreeing with. However, those links are not any proof of what you're saying. I want specific case studies, which you will continue to fail to provide, because they do not exist.
>>
>>679639449
EVERY state of mind is literally chemicals. When you read a book, it causes chemical reactions in your brain, same as anything else. What the hell do you think you're made of, anyway?
>>
>>679640542
Your science is fucked. Plenty of real science has shown that a person can change without becoming dependant on meds to fix their problems. Maybe you should quit listening to the kikes.
>>
>>679636271
This
Will distract you and improve your self image
>>
>>679645220
Scroll to the bottom of the pages and they have 50+ sources
Im sure you're happy about reading each one of them :^)
>>
>>679645278
PET scans,MRI,SSMRI,thermal imaging.You can literally see depression results.
>>
About to go to the gym guys.

Not sure why. I was depressed when I was weak. I'm just as depressed being strong.

There is no help for me.
>>
>>679645892
That doesn't disprove what I've said. The brain is a malleable organ capable of astounding levels of adaptation.
>>
>>679646445
Don't go to the gym. Go to the park. It's free, smells better, and you can still work out.
>>
>>679636123

There is no hope.

I've been to 3 therapists tried supplements and 2 different antidepressents.

Drugs don't work.

Therapists make it worse.

The only thing that has remotely helped me is playing Golf.
Golf is the only sport even close to being compared to Life.
>>
>>679636123
yes

it's called be a fucking man
>>
>>679646737
>tried TWO SSRI's
Thats your problem. SSRI's are just toxic sludge in your system and will fuck you up in so many ways. Get on mood stabilizers or anti psychotic,before you bitch about meds.
>>
>>679645460
None of which proves your point. Clearly you haven't read them or you would agree with me.
>>
>>679647029
>mood stabilizers
Like what?

>anti psychotic
Sounds retarded.
>>
>>679647225
>mood
Depakote is the most prominant one,its uselly the first step.Lamictal is also used

>any psychotics
They are very helpful.Lower side effects(delayed ejaculation,lower libido,weight gain etc)
Seroquel in low doses help.
Zyprexa is also a good one in low doses
>>
>>679636123
Going to a therapist and medication
>>
>>679647842
says the normie faggot
>>
Talk to a psychologist or a licensed counselor, if that doesn't help see psychiatrist. Psychologist may very well refer you to a psychiatrist I'd the depression is severe enough. Sometimes depression is chemical, sometimes it's all in your thoughts
>>
>>679648049
Sadness is EXTERNAL stimuli making you sad
Depression is INTERNAL stimuli making you depressed
>>
>>679636123
5htp will help short term. I usually find diet and exercise and staying the fuck away from depressants like alcohol, no weed or cigs and exercise i bjj or muay thai. Something till gives you fuck tonnes of confidence
>>
>>679636123
>Is there anything that helps depression and anxiety?
Personal achievement does wonders.
>>
>>679636123
Focus on testosterone production: more testosterone=less depression.
First thing to do is to dont think like a pussy, dont be scared of things, dont be lazy or avoid works.
Then do a lot of sport/exercise, better if competitive, very important for body and mind.
Sleep well, try to go to sleep and get up always at the same hour, for example always go to sleep around midnight and wake up at 7. 7/8 hours is best amount of time.
Another thing is having an hobby or something that is competitive, like a videogame.
Last things that comes in mind is getting right amount of sunlight, it exists infact a type of depression that you have only in autumn/winter due to few sunlight.
>>
>>679648398
>>679648434
>never been depressed /fit
If i cant get out of bed from exhaustion,how am i going to do things
>WELL JUST DO IT FAGGOT JUST GO DO IT
When your body and mind is exhausted,how is that going to help?
>b-b-b-b-buut the running and exercise will release dopamine
Well thats one of the reasons i have clinical depression.my body does not make enough dopamine
>>
>>679648175

Stupidest fucking thing I've ever heard. They are interrelated, not separate. Being depressed can make you sad and being sad can make you become depressed. Not rocket science, external stimuli can have an effect on internal stimuli and vice versa.

OP has depression, easily visible when you crack open a dsm 5 or icd 10
>>
>>679648716
Because with willpower you can get up and do those things. Things at rest tend to stay at rest. It will suck in the beginning but it will get better, and so will your depressed thoughts.
>>
>>679636123
you don't want to help it, muddafugger.
muddafugger u want to hurt it.
kill that shit. do it with your full potential. kill that shit with fire yo.
>>
>>679636123
5-htp does work. Get some, take 100-200mg before going to bed. You'll feel amazing the next day. fact.
>>
>>679648834
Depression is clinally diagnosed as lasting 2 weeks or more. Sadness is temporary.You failed college you stepped on your prized fighting beetle.
Sadness dosent turn in to depression.Sadness is a response to external things.Depression is a lack of chemicals in your brain,and emptyness that you cant shake off
>>
>>679648716
So then you're just a hopeless animal incapable of controlling its own body. Take responsibility for your actions. It's so easy to blame everything and everyone for your problems, but the fact will always remain it is you alone who can fix those problems.
>>
>>679636123
Cannabis.
>>
>>679636123
just get drunk. It's worked for me for 16 years
>>
>>679649429
>>679649559
fags
>>
File: 1456263495096.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1456263495096.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>>679649041
>never been depressed

>cant get out of bed,had shitty sleep,maybe 2 hours,despite going to bed at 10pm,constantly waking up
>cant get out of bed because no motivation too
>crawl to the bathroom to take a piss
>unable to eat

>depressed thoughts
What thoughts? Its my body being unable to function properly.Show me the magic button that just DOES IT.JUST DO IT FAGGOT
>>
>>679649125
fag
>>
>>679648434
fag
>>
>>679648049
>>679647842
fags
>>
>>679646765
fag
>>
>>679649607
fag?
>>
Htp-5 will jack you up and make you neurotic if you stay on it for any extended period of time. I self medicate with hydrocodone. Get high about once a week and I can feel positive effects carry through for a couple of days.
>>
File: 1457994477291.png (200 KB, 900x909) Image search: [Google]
1457994477291.png
200 KB, 900x909
>>679649327
I cannot control the levels of chemicals that my brain is improperly making
No amount of "willpower" will fix that
>>
>>679649741
fag.
>>
>>679642407
fag
>>
>>679642049
fag
>>
>>679641626
fag
>>
>>679649218
5htp doesn't cross the blood brain barrier without a decarboxylase such as egcg aka tea. Thus, 5htp will be wholly ineffective without taking it with tea or a tea extract unless you have some carbidopa on hand
>>
bleach helps really good
>>
>>679636123
the stuff that works is class A.
>>
File: Unknown.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
>>679649607
>>679649633
>>679649654
>>679649693
>>679649726
>>679649741
This guy likes calling people fags. What a faggot!
>>
Excersise, get a job or do something outward to keep yourself busy like volunteering for a charity.
>>
>>679649956
fag
>>
1.5 grams of Phenibut.
>>
>>679649285

Currently in doc psych program and have been working inpatient psychiatric for two years as a tech.

Op suffers from at least five of the criteria for MDD from what I've read. Need more info on time frame but it has probably been occurring for more than two weeks. Op's thoughts?
>>
>>679650029
fag
>>
>>679648716
/fit/? I dont do any type of sports or exercise. By the way i've been depressed for 6 months, when suddenly my brain had a hormon rush or something and i got out of it, best time of my life, and i noticed a lot of differences between my life with depression and my life after. that strange hormon rush ended slowly after like 4 months but now that i should be depressed again im not, because i continued to act like i was on that time... the thing i wrote in the post before. If you want to get out depression do those things or just be a pussy forever.(there are scientific evidences too)
>>
>>679650093
fag
>>
>>679650029
>this
>>
So htp is shit,isn't it
>>
>>679643411
fag
>>
>>679638956
Zoloft if fucking evil. Took it for twenty years. Even a staged withdrawal over two months gave me panic attacks and severe mood swings.
>>
>>679650217
fag
>>
>>679645306
>>679636271
fags
>>
>>679636123
Dude, trust me, psilocibin in shrooms makes new serotonergic pathways in your brain. This is med student speaking, find yourself a few buddies and go out in the forest and take plenty of it. A lot of people report greater overall happines in the life afterwards
>>
>>679640996
fag
>>
>>679649754
No, but action will. And that's the point. Start writing things down, start moving, do anything. You decide to stand still. Take responsibility.
>>
>>679650346
fag
>>
>>679650093
>hormon rush
Not how it works bub
>scientific
Give me 5 sources that say dont be a pussy and do things
>should be depressed again im not
You werent depressed then. You were mopey and sad
>>
>>679650401
fag
>>
>>679650182
Forceful
Abnourmous-cock-possessor
Guy
?
>>
>>679642925
fag
>>
>>679650029
Phenibut is a wonderful drug, but he still has to man up and take responsibility
>>
>>679650543
fag
>>
>>679650401
>action
Lemme just ignore my body being 100% fatigued and just go do things,so easy right,just do it.Leaving the house is a chore
>>
>>679636599
fag
>>
>>679638956
fag
>>
File: the tower of babbel.jpg (901 KB, 1920x1405) Image search: [Google]
the tower of babbel.jpg
901 KB, 1920x1405
>>679636123
Cognitive Science Degree here

Just stop jerking off for about three weeks. Orgasm is the biggest natural release of dopamine, and once those neurotransmitters are taken up by your astrocytes (supplementary brain cells, not neurons) then sometimes it takes a long time for your presynaptic (sending) neurons to regenerate them.

Also, once you can take steps to end your masturbation addiction, you will find socialization more rewarding.

Questions?
>>
Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
>>
>>679636123
St Johns Wort helps for mild mood swings not sever depression. HTP-5 is shit honestly. I would consult a doctor or local drug dealer. Weed is always a good alternative.
>>
>>679639326
fag
>>
>>679650610
But clearly your body isn't exhausted is it? You say you sit around all day, no wonder why it's a chore to even get up. Yes, it is on you to move. Who cares if your body doesn't want to move? You are in control, you decide not to move.
>>
>>679639502
fag
>>
>>679639554
>>679639802
fags
>>
lexapro did wonders for me
>>
>>679650759
fag
>>
>>679650754
biggest fag in the thread
>>
>>679650895
2nd biggest fag
>>
>>679636123
how do you have both at once?
>>
>>679650783
fag
>>
>>679650739
I can't stop masturbating. I probably masturbate at least 20 times a month. Every month. For the past 8 years.
>>
File: 1456628001277.jpg (285 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1456628001277.jpg
285 KB, 1600x900
>>679650783
>another person thats never been depressed
When you have no willpower to even get out of bed.

Why dont you just stop having a heart attack.Why dont you just stop being allergic to things.Why dont you just stop sleeping,scientifcally there is no reason we need sleep,but we still sleep.
>>
>>679650739
fag
>>
>>679650997
dont you have a hobby?
>>
>>679651139
Everything makes me sad
>>
>>679651069
fag
>>
>>679639326
You probably thought about suicide more than Kurt Cobain
>>
>>679651098
Because those things are actual physical illnesses with definite solutions. You being depressed is not. But you continue to try and make every excuse to feel sorry for yourself. You have to understand and accept responsibility or you will never move forward. I'm trying to help you but you don't want it, it seems. You just want to hear that it's helpless so you can feel better about giving up on yourself.
>>
>>679636123
SSRI's
>>
>>679636123
nothing really helped me at all. Took paxil, celexa, effexor. It all worked for a little while then stopped working and I'd go back to being a piece of shit that slept 15 hours a day and be really shitty and angry at work. Im 40 now and ive been depressed my whole life. I never want to leave my house. At least I have an understanding wife. Without her I would have cashed out years ago.

One thing I tried recently was smoking weed. I never really did that before not since I tried it once as a teenager. I noticed that if, once a month or so, i smoke a lot all at once to where Im very uncomfortably high i will then sleep very good and have a much better attitude for a few weeks. Im not really one of those "dude weed is medicine" guys but oddly for me it seems to work. I dont really care for the feel when Im high though. It causes me to have panic attacks.
>>
>>679651380
fag
>>
>>679636123
Meditate.
>>
>>679651499
fag
>>
>>679651380
They don't help.

Source: being on them for 10 years.

They just take the edge off of some things, meaning I manage, barely, to go buy food. That's all though. Still depressed as fuck.
>>
>>679651499
But that would require self reflection, this guy wants to blame his brain chemicals
>>
>>679650463
>Not how it works
ok, lets call it "change of production of chemicals in the brain that lead to a modification of long term mood probably caused by bipolat disorder"
I'm not going to search for scientific proofs, just google testosterone and depression link and you may find some valid articles (my meaning for the word pussy is the deacription of someone with low testosterone, or just not masculine, not aggressive, lazy ecc ecc)
>You were not depressed
Like you know me, i perfectly know that i was depressed, i have not one doubt.
not
one
doubt
>>
File: image.jpg (261 KB, 1080x1107) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
261 KB, 1080x1107
Talk to your doctor or see a therapist to see if prescription meds are needed. Exercise helps a lot, running keeps your mind from over thinking and lifting helps with the emotions/anger/self loathing. sleep is a must and proper diet (stay away from sugars).
>>
>>679651752
fag
>>
>>679651377
fag
>>
>>679636123
people saying exercise were pretty right, it bumps up your dopamine

try working a job and getting a paycheck. make some friends in the real world, too. you'd be surprised what the o-naturale way will do.

how is your living situation? your surroundings have a strong impact on your daily mood.

i'm bipolar and cant really take antidepressants, but i'm not against them. stay clear of any doctor that will ever give you antipsychotics.

maybe try LSD, it's been shown to make a year-long impact on your anxiety and depression
>>
>>679652006
fag
>>
>>679651805
I don't get why people troll in a thread like this. The dudes going thru something and is reaching out. Go be a fucking child somewhere else
>>
>>679636271 Excercise, pack a lunch get away from the computer and go climb a mountain and look for gold.
Vitamin D3 combine with Calcium or Sunlight. Eat organic, don't compromise. Find some magic mushrooms and eat 1 gram. You can do it!
>>
>>679651377
I have often wondered if I have depression because my mind can seem very heavy at times, but then I read about all the self pitying whining people with depression have, and I start to wonder if it's something else.
>>
>>679652102
fag
>>
>>679651377
I personally no longer have to deal with depression,via meds,i was 400lbs standard neckbeard.Diabetes came up and that shocked me in to working on things,Im down 150lbs from weight training,and i'd like to lose another 50

But having suffered with it for 20 years,the bullshit in this thread is astonishing.Depression rekts your entire life,you lose your hobbys,you internalize everything.You cant get out of bed let alone leaving the house or even leaving your room,its not something you just fix out of the blue with this shit in this thread
>>
>>679642810
Science still has a long way to go figuring at the human psyche. Drugs do work with psychosis and if your condition is pretty severe they can be necessary. However drugs alone cannot help you in the long run - being in control of your life and consciously striving to better yourself is a must.
>>
>>679652070
The op doesn't want help though. There are tons of people trying to help him but he just shoots them all down. I know this is a result of his depression, but he needs to write these things down and at least try them.
>>
>>679652118
There are different levels and types of depression. So shit varies.
>>
Eat well. This means eat a balanced meal with a range of different nutrients. Get veggies, fruits, proteins, healthy fats. Something like salmon with rice and veggies would be optimal.
>>
>>679652302
Gotcha. I didn't read the whole thread. Op needs to see a therapist.
>>
>>679652006
I have a job. Own my own home. I'm in pretty good health physically. I'm just so depressed and anxious its killing me.

I've slept for 12 hours and I really just want to go back to sleep. I beat I could sleep for five more hours right now
>>
>>679652498
fag
>>
>>679651377
Not OP but I believe you are certainly misled. Supposing you take medication to increase serotonin, dopamine and norepinephrine, yet still feel fatigued and depressed: then how can changing your psychology lead to any improvement if it also has the same chemical effect?
>>
>>679652510
fag
>>
kill me
>>
>>679651671
>No association between depression and T level has been reported in the Massachusetts Male Aging Study, a cross-sectional, population-based multidisciplinary survey of 1,709 normally aging men (aged 39–70 years) [70].
Source:http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3376477/
>>
Yes OP, st Johns wort in combination with 5-HTP. Exercise daily, meditation and yoga, follow a plan based (vegan) diet.

Stay away from caffeïne completely, avoid anything that contributes to high cortisol levels. Keep a healthy sleeping/eating pattern and figure out what makes you feel like that life is worth living and stay away as much as you can from meaningless time-wasting.

I have to warn you though, western society isn't a good place to be happy. You are not crazy or failing if you experience feelings of depression.

Last but no least: Practice self love. You are whole at this very moment. You will not become more whole of less whole in the future, nor were you more or less whole in the past. The only place of time that excists is the now, there is no future, there is no past. Only the now it what is real.
>>
>>679653050
fag
>>
>>679652574
Then that would mean the current ssri serotonin = happiness theory is wrong, which is the current thought in the scientific community. >>679653050
10/10 post
>>
>>679653362
fag
>>
>>679653165
Oldfag indeed, before the cancer from 9gag or whatever you came from decided to fuck this board up with meaningless messages instead of helping a bro out. I still wish you the best and hope you can understand this board was full of brothers, not filled with all the cancerous pieces of shit like you.
>>
>>679653677
fag
>>
File: 1457324330849.jpg (19 KB, 404x404) Image search: [Google]
1457324330849.jpg
19 KB, 404x404
>>679653677
>>
>>679652838
Just the first google result, you cant deny the correlation between low t and depression from that study that you can research yourself. you can have be sceptic about that but you cant deny that exercise etc etc decrease depression level.
By the way i'm just trying to help you, and my advices were valid for me.
>>
>>679652354
and does said variables in depression have clinical recognised terms?
other than the serial killer apply named style manic depression, whom by the way often times are not whiners.
"I'm not a sniveler"
-Charles Manson
>>
>>679653932
i forgot the link
http://m.livescience.com/51453-low-testosterone-men-depression-risk.html
>>
Fag guy here

I called everyone offering an answer a fag because they were all half-assed or bullshit ways to get rid of your depression or had bullshit information in them.

Listen, depression is a symptom of modern society.
Depression is the state a person is in where they cannot imagine themselves having a future. That isn't a clinical definition of course. It's also not a spiritual definition or "be a man bro science" definition. It's a practical one.

As someone who has tried to deal with depression by going to therapists, trying supplements, exercising, dieting, meditating, anti-depressents, even tried watching a bunch of Ted talks and reading some philosophy along with all the usual shit, I can say that it doesn't fucking work.

Don't put your faith into anyone.

That's the only way my depression has become even close to manageable.
>>
smoke weed, every single day
>>
>>679654029
I don't think I have low test. I wouldn't be able to squat 450 pounds without some testosterone floating around in my body
>>
Since OP doesn't want help

Stop blaming the chemicals in your brain and get out and do something about it
>>
File: 1458482108631.gif (4 MB, 369x229) Image search: [Google]
1458482108631.gif
4 MB, 369x229
>>679653932
So i give you a post that has 70 sources saying that what you said is wrong,and you still dont belive it?
kek
>>
>>679653362
Perhaps it is wrong. I think OP may be in a similar position to me. I've been to a psychologist, done CBT, mindfulness, meditation, exercise, diets, all classes of antideps including MOAIs and SSRI combination with SNRI and Ritalin. Also had direct current stimulation. Nothing has worked, and I've tried it all wholeheartedly. I have no reason to be fatigued or depressed, yet I am and it is crippling. Maybe it is an unclassified condition, not a typical depression.
>>
Get your hands on some 4FMP,about 150mg capsule or something.
Take it, and go to a festival of your favorite music. It will cheer you the fuck up
>>
>>679653955
Hypomania
Major Depresive
Chronic
Persistent Depressive Disorder
Bipolar Disorder
Psychotic Depression
Postpartum Depression
Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD)
Situational' Depression
Atypical Depression
Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
>>
>>679636123
(your city) . backpage . com/FemaleEscorts/
>>
>>679654289
fag
>>
>>679654649
Have you tried lithium?
>>
>>679654276
i keep thinking about philosophical things, trying to find some meaning or comforting beliefs but there's nothing. every good and encouraging motto or school of though can be turned upside down. you can look for the beauty and meaning in life but the bad things will remain
>>
>>679636271
helps me alot
>>
>>679654873
I have, and in conjunction with Zyprexa, Dothep and Concerta/Ritalin. I couldn't even tell I was on medication, apart from side effects of withdrawal during cessation.
>>
>>679636123
Try doing things . whatever your hobbies are. worked for me.
Or try sub intoxicating levels of ketamine.
>>
>>679654944
>every good and encouraging motto or school of though can be turned upside down

Yup.

It's pointless.

In the end, it's just some dude's opinions that he wrote down.
>>
>>679655174
fag
>>
>>679636123
wath movies or even better some Tv series must be erotic or horror

also i had this theory that surrounding yourselves with beautifull people ease off a lot of things
>>
>>679655057
fag
>>
>>679639085
yeah but psychiatrists are. a psychologist would also be very useful in your situation op. basically, go see a doctor.
>>
>>679654480
my post says the opposite. Just be depressed fucking pussy
>>
>>679655254
fag
You sound more retarded than everyone else in this thread.
>>
>>679655157
Thats how i was,been on everything in the book,and even tms,and nothing but litium worked
Have you had a genetic test?
>>
>>679655309
fag
>>
>>679654369
Lifting is gay
>>
>>679655174
Some clinical trials are currently under way for treating depression with supervised administration of ketamine. Not sure of the results though.
>>
>>679655329
>1 link on google
>70 sources on offical goverment institute for medcial research
Im not going to belive your shit,its not an offical website.
Come to grasp that you are wrong,and its just some shitty /fit website that has no sources
>>
>>679636123
High Cbd Cannabis
>>
>>679655454
Nah I haven't. What might that test reveal though? I haven't tried TMS or ECT, but that's about it.
>>
>>679636123
>12h straight
>lost tn ten pounds in a week

Nigga that's not depression that's either cancer or AIDS
>>
>>679655672
Your insurance wont cover it,because its not approved by the fda to be medically relevent,and its about 2k per month. I was going to try it until insurance said nope fuck you
>>
File: 1458515708392.gif (379 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1458515708392.gif
379 KB, 500x374
>>679636123
Not lurking 4chan like a retard helps fight depression in most cases
>>
>>679655254
yeah and at the same time the mind of a depressed person keeps thinking "why am i wasting my time watching this shit? i should be working out or socializing or studying to get better."
>>
meditation and getting conscious

microdosing psylocibin mushrooms helped many people
>>
File: FB_IMG_1458235516165.jpg (59 KB, 750x739) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1458235516165.jpg
59 KB, 750x739
I was prescribed Celexa 20mg and it honestly impressed me. I'm 23 currently Air Force active duty and I just got depressed one day. No reason l, really. The only real side affect isn't even negative, in my opinion. "May cause delay in sexual climax". Lol, so it makes your stamina fucking stellar. 9/10 medication. Good luck bro.
>>
>>679655900
It would see if there is anything genetically thats off,or other factors. If it is they might be able to be more spefic in treatment or know why you're so resistent to medication
>>
>>679640034
Welcome to my world.

On prozac for 4 months now.

I'm calm and relaxed but honestly I want to tell all of my old friends to go fuck themselves. Its made me so reclusive
>>
>>679655863
fag
>>
>>679656287
>depressed one day
You mean you got sad one day.
>>
>>679655919
Ah that's no good. I'm from Australia, and the trial I know of should be free, much like DCS or TMS has been as they just want participants. The catch is that you need to do it as a double blind trial with a chance of placebo, then an optional period of guaranteed treatment.
>>
>>679656287
Bro,delated ejaculation sounds good and all.But when you've spent 3 hours trying to cum,its causes other issues."Am i not good enough for you to cum","Am i not attractive to you anymore"."Are you cheating"
>>
>>679656459
Are you the idiot that thinks people are born with mental illnesses?
>>
>>679643270
Wow bro.

Hows that edge workin out for you?

Feel like your part of the cool kids club yet?
>>
>>679656311
Not a bad idea. I have had blood tests in the past to check for levels of each drug in my serum, and found that I metabolise quickly and often have 10% of the expected amount. Consequently I am prescribed much larger doses, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.
>>
>>679645460
>:^)
>>
>>679656540
Thats odd.Maybe its just the difference between social heathcare. Its not a trial over here,its just a flat out treatment.They offer it in certain hostpitals
>>
File: 1456890998747.jpg (71 KB, 508x605) Image search: [Google]
1456890998747.jpg
71 KB, 508x605
>>679656675
>Autisim
You should know,being an autist your self
>>
>>679636123
Try music ( probs not your usual kind )
Calm music like of monsters and men and those sorts of bands. Even instrumental music
( ie sleep dealer - the way home ) my personal fav, idk any sort of music like that. Or something that makes you feel calm
Get some friends, maybe a gf ( easier said then done ) that may make your life happier. Or
Find a hobby gaming,drawing,music, just work on something that requires your time, effort and attention. Hope one of them help. SOz if I sounded like to much of a faggot.
>>
>>679639557
Medfag here. Trileptal is kind of an interesting first choice as an anxiolytic, but glad that it works for you.
>>
>>679654276
"Listen, depression is a symptom of modern society."
>>679641965
>>679642469
>>679649327
>>679650401
>>679650543
>>679651377
And there you have it. Like the wise anons have said before me, it's your own fault for not taking responsibility. You're a coward afraid of agency plain and simple, life is a journey with all kinds of risks of failing and succeeding. And you will never experience life fully, meaning you will never experience the pleasures and cathartic pains that life in its fullest expression will bring the ones brave enough to experience it. Have a nice life.
>>
>>679656887
That's interesting that it is already at that stage. I'd recommend double checking universities or depression institutes that may be conducting studies, just in case you can get free treatment. TMS is offered as treatment here and not covered by insurance, yet simultaneously there was a study where you could enrol for free.
>>
>>679657230
Medfag,would lamigtal and latuda,cause tremors and random twitching,not just a small one,but like my leg or arm can fly off. My psych wont listen and thinks it just a normal effect
>>
>>679657304
fag
Didn't understand what I meant
>>
>>679657380
Tms is covered by insurance here lol
Ill have to check around then for ketamine infusions
>>
>>679636123
I like 5-htp. Mix with benadryl and don't give a fuck about the world.
>>
>>679657789
fag
>>
>>679652510
Nah he just needs to put his shit up on a dating site and get a girl even more depressed who will look past his misery in a beautiful orgy of self loathing. Then when he has all her happiness find someone better, repeat, key to infinite happiness. Note, get a back up while with them to lower periods of not being with someone.
>>
Don't let them put you on benzodiazepines early on because you'll probably kill yourself
>>
>>679655729
I Read few pages of hose sources and i already saw that most of the studies found a correletion between t level and depression. im not finishing the read today. If you want to be a depressed pussy, do t
>>
>>679657230
Media pls is Gabapentin for severe anxiety a real thing or is this a joke?
>>
>>679636123
seriously, see a doctor. if that's not possible, be as physically active as you can... exercise, walks, anything.
>>
>>679658586
joke
They give it to cats and dogs aswell
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.