[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The farce awakens is the worst star wars movie made to date.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 25
The farce awakens is the worst star wars movie made to date. when will people realize that we dont need more of them!!! hollywood cant come up with an original idea to save their asses.
>ITT: star wars movies best to worst
5>3>4>6>1>2>7
>>
>>679365240
You get it
>>
File: 1435861560410.jpg (28 KB, 419x440) Image search: [Google]
1435861560410.jpg
28 KB, 419x440
>3 is second

g8 b8 m8 i r8 8 out of 8
>>
>>679365543
Only good thing in 3 was Ian McDiarmid. Even Ewan McGregor couldn't save Obi-Wan's one-lining ass.
>>
File: 1460599649542.gif (1 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1460599649542.gif
1 MB, 200x150
>im special because i dont like something that most people like
>>
>>679365240
2 should be at the end or you're just posting worthless bait. There are no redeeming qualities in 2. Don't fucking play this game, OP.
>>
File: keyboard-smash-o.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
keyboard-smash-o.gif
3 MB, 320x240
>>679365240
>even acknowledging the prequels
>>
>>679365864
YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE.
>>
>>679365240
7 isn't worse than the prequels. How was it worse than Jar Jar or the retardation behind not telling the Senate about the clone army?
>>
>>679366364
If the entire movie was just Palpatine saying "I know you would," it would be vastly improved.
>>
>>679366373>>679366175
>>679365929
>>679365864
>>679365543

the prequels at least felt like a star wars movie albeit shitty. the force awakens just feels like awful fan fiction that relies on nostalgia and action sequences entirely.
>>
revenge of the sith is good because it takes everything in the prequels and turns it on its head its great plus awesome soundtrack
>>
File: gene_wilder.jpg (134 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
gene_wilder.jpg
134 KB, 1920x1080
>>679365240
>mfw I have never watched any other star wars movie other than the original trilogy in spite of constant pressure/badgering by friends

feelsgoodman.jpg
>>
>>679366679
You were clearly born in the 90s/early 2000s
>>
>>679366896

Han lives!
>>
>>679365240
/r/ the cool one-page plot-line where everything is the same as the original trilogy, but words are crossed out and replaced with Disney SJW shit.

I loved Star Wars as a kid. Now it seems like they are torturing my dog to death in front of me.

Fuck you, Lucas for selling out, but most of all, fuck Disney and Jew Jew Abrams.
>>
File: Anakin_77_6.jpg (429 KB, 864x791) Image search: [Google]
Anakin_77_6.jpg
429 KB, 864x791
>implying Star Wars means anything to anyone under 40 years old.
>>
>>679366679
Perfect definition of a jj Abrahams film.

He's a total douche.
>>
>>679367069
im not denying the prequels are bad but if you cant see the reason that the force awakens is far worse then i dont know what to tell you.
>>
And anyway, the only way to judge this new film is to wait ten years.

Everyone loved the prequels at first.
>>
>>679367483
i grew up watching star wars and im only 21. it means a lot to me and i just want the movies to stop.
>>
dont even get me started on how star wars is trying to be ultra pc but it just makes the movie seem awkward and unrealistic like a commerical. nothing wrong with non white male people being in a movie but it feels so forced. theyre just taking advantage of the huge surge in feminism and trying to profit more off it by getting the girls who dont give a shit about star wars to come out and see it for gIRL P0WER
>>
>>679368078
nope the prequels sucked from dayu one.

while force awakens was better than return of the jedi, which had already begun the prequel suckiness.
>>
>>679368955

Different anon here. Well, I too have known people who came with plenty of praise out of the cinemas. But that changed a few years into the prequels.
>>
>>679369426
it had a hard road to travel. 8 will be much better. i trust rian johnson much more than jj after the trek reboot
>>
The movie was really good. Better than most of the prequels I don't know why you don't like it.
>>
>>679369878
no character development at all is the main reason. it was enjoyable the first watch but afterwards you realize its just hollow and empty. like listening to a top 40 radio hit.
>>
>>679366679
I think you need to meet a friend of mine, his name is mr Plinkett
>>
How is it that Kylo Ren is strong enough in the Force to bend the laws of physics (evidenced by him stopping a beam of light mid-air) but somehow not strong enough to prevent an untrained user of the Force from being able to read his deepest darkest fears?
>>
>>679368433
Yes, Lucasfilm was bought out by Disney and now its all about the Disney Princess. Saw the Rouge One trailer also has a female lead.
So when are we going to see female or black evil dictators (they all white male sofar)
>>
>>679370506
lol ive definitely watched all of his videos and love them to death. once again, not denying the prequels are awful. but plinkett has a force awakens review coming out soon as well, and you just know hes gonna unleash even more fury lol.
>>
>>679370756
Who is, James Earl Jones. Ftw.
>>
>>679370756
Exactly.
NEVER again will Disney make a Star Wars film with a positive, masculine, white, straight, cis-gendered, heteronormative male lead. If they write such a character, they will cast a female or minority.
Ray was just a female Luke and this new film Rogue One is starring Han Solo as a female (slick, rebellious, bad boy, criminal with a heart of gold underneath the rough exterior).
Mark my words. The Han Solo film will be him portrayed as a dirtbag who needs the love of a woman to save him and convince him to do good deeds. He will of course not lead the film. It will be an ensemble cast of diversity characters to guide him to "correct" choices.
>>
>>679371326
He just did the voice. Darth was white man in both original and prequels
>>
This latest one was EXACTLY like episode IV. I was so fucking disappointed

The exact same fucking plot.
>>
>>679371599
Until people start turning their backs. Do they really think they can reeducate us?
>>
>>679371905
It was the retarded brother of the same fucking plot.
>>
>>679371599
there are a lot of women like that too. i've met some female scoundrels in my time. so what? what do you have against that? you think these types can only be male? dumb
>>
File: starwars1.jpg (313 KB, 1200x1548) Image search: [Google]
starwars1.jpg
313 KB, 1200x1548
>>679371905

One thing going for the sequels is thatbthey at least tried to be as different from the originals as possible.

I blame the fanboys for this new film being the same. They hammered the fucking prequels to death and now hollywood is scared to deviate from the beaten path
>>
>>679365240
The prequel cannot be better than jedi despite the effects.
>>
>>679367069
Thats the safest fucking bet you can make on this site. Do you think 60 year old fucking baby boomers are coming on /b/?
>>
>>679372559
Actually the explicit call for a sequel in A New Hope was when we all see Vader escape in his TIE.
>>
>>679372307
It's not about me not wanting to see a female portrayed in whatever film/role. It's about seeing the agenda for what it is. What is seen cannot be unseen.
>>
>>679373077
but you don't have a problem with nearly a hundred years of almost nothing but straight while male heroes huh?
>>
>>679372307
>sees one exception in lifetime
>#notallwomen

Get fucked. Women don't do that kind of shit because they'll get their ass kicked like a man when they start talking shit like a man.
>>
>>679373450
obvious feminist
supports hollywood agenda
boys need their heros too. Star Wars had been taken from them.
>>
>>679372307
It's fucking Star Wars. Currently owned by a mostly white male operated company. Filmed by a mostly white male crew. The success of the franchise and it's ongoing status is achieved due to its popularity among white males. So why in Rogue One are there no positive white male leads or supporting good guys? The old white guy authoritarian that commands her to obey orders is not supposed to be liked. The other white males we see are Emperials.
The film stars a british chick surrounded by minority actors who are backing her up in her among the Rebellion.
>>
>>679365240
b8
>>
>>679373680
no it's about perspective. i dont' have a problem with women heroes but if i did and it was actually what you're saying then i'd have to about the 100 years previously where you can see that it's men because men were making the choices. you're just not being honest with yourself.
>>
>>679373450
A hundred years of almost nothing but white males. Why?
Hollywood was almost exclusively built from the ground up by white males. It was mostly white males who made up the population in the early 20th century. It was mostly white males who went to the cinema and made Hollywood what it is today. It is mostly white males who feed the geek culture and prop up such tent pole franchises such as Star Wars. What's wrong with appealing to the target demographic?
Nothing wrong with casting a wider net but they're doing so not for profit but at the expense of their original fanbase for an ideology.
Evidence:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPAklIlov-A
>>
>>679373450
so what do you want to see in the next 100 years? only female leads etc? the force needs balance...
>>
>>679365240
return of the clickbait, butt hurt homosex.

beware, OP was molested by relatives and hates everything
>>
>>679374259
i just want to see good stories with interesting characters. i don't really care if they're men, women, transgender, gay, bi straight etc. it doesn't matter to me.
>>
>>679373900
You're missing the point. Nobody minds female heros. Glad to see them. Mockingjay series. Divergent series. But you need males too. And not only in the role of evil villain.
>>
>>679374727
Good stories/scripts can be written when another writer comes along and begins to insert an agenda (propaganda) into certain plot points and story elements where they don't fit.
>>
>>679374863
poe and the black dude, whose name i cn'at remember, were both males. so was han solo. so was i don't know BB8 maybe? 3P0 seems feminine but R2 was male.
>>
>>679373450
>but you don't have a problem with nearly a hundred years of almost nothing but straight while male heroes huh?

You want diversity, create your own fiction and try to sell it.
>>
>>679374727

Alright, then only white heterosexual men from now on. Like in the good old days.
>>
>>679375098
i don't need to. the film industry has finally started doing a pretty good job.

imagine a sci-fi story where it's a 3 gender society. or sex is some weird thing like in that asimov story where no one talks in person to each other.
>>
>>679365240
I'm definitely in agreement. Just watched TFA last night and groaned multiple times at how bad it was.

I'd say: 5 > 6 > 4 > 3 > 1 > 2 > 7
>>
>>679375017
And the female lead was a Mary Sue.
Poe was a minor character with very little screen time and dialogue.
Finn was a character who's internal struggle made no sense and had no motivation for his actions.
Han Solo was a requirement to duplicate the role of Ben Kenobi so that Luke can watch him die.
>>
>>679366563
I feel like I need to rewatch it and dub all his lines with that.
>>
>>679375367
no it's 4>5>7>3>6>2>1
>>
Disney only care about money. That means replicating a successful script and selling dolls. I have no hope for a original plot in the next movie. BUT you can bet your ass i will still go to see it and enjoy
>>
>>679375508
4>5>6>1>2>3>7
Source: Mr. Plinkett
>>
File: dude really.jpg (3 KB, 126x113) Image search: [Google]
dude really.jpg
3 KB, 126x113
>>679371599
autismo, the post.
>>
>>679375454
as soon as you say mary sue we know you're one of those MRA dickheads. you have a tiny penis and have never kissed a woman. it's like you're wearing a fucking badge.
>>
>>679375651
The first to point out the Mary Sue characteristic was Max Landis, a man who because of his views gets lumped in with MRAs and pick-up artists and anti-feminists, etc. when he himself has never held such positions and has come out mocking those groups.
You're an idiot. Mary Sue archetype is a literary term. I would say go back to college but you'd just end up being indoctrinated into left-wing ideology. You just announced yourself as a fucking betacuck.
>>
>>679376033
.. and Luke Skywalker wasn't a Gary Stu?

come the fuck on
>>
>>679365929
This
>>
>>679376033
every other word in your response is more bullshit indicating how much of a beta MRA sad sack. your opinion is meaningless.
>>
File: 1457121276510.png (31 KB, 603x222) Image search: [Google]
1457121276510.png
31 KB, 603x222
>>679376363
Bullshit.
We all know you've seen the Max Landis video.
Skywalker was no Gary Stu, he got his ass kicked ALL THE TIME, in every film.
A Mary Sue is an overpowered fan-fiction type character.
>>
>>679375319
>the film industry has finally started doing a pretty good job
get out
>>
>>679376555
Trips
>>
File: zl9ux31a3xey7gkvmkfw.jpg (20 KB, 800x335) Image search: [Google]
zl9ux31a3xey7gkvmkfw.jpg
20 KB, 800x335
>>679375651

> as soon as you say mary sue we know you're one of those MRA dickheads. you have a tiny penis and have never kissed a woman. it's like you're wearing a fucking badge.

Ahhh. The ad hominem. The most transparent logical fallacy.

How is this description inaccurate?

"A Mary Sue for female characters and Gary Stu or Marty Stu for male characters is an idealized and seemingly perfect fictional character, a young or low-rank person who saves the day through unrealistic abilities. Often this character is recognized as an author insert or wish-fulfillment."

Since you did not make a counter to his actual argument, we must conclude that you conceded that he is correct.
>>
>>679376555
And yet, you made no arguments, yourself.
At least I put forth points that CAN be argued against.
You've put forth not a single point nor rebuttal.
Your posts are "meaningless."
Keep shitposting, whiny bitch.
>>
>>679376580
>We all know you've seen the Max Landis video.
nope, and I'm not the guy who replied first.
>Skywalker was no Gary Stu, he got his ass kicked ALL THE TIME, in every film.
how does that not make him a Gary Stu? "an idealized and seemingly perfect fictional character, a young or low-rank person who saves the day through unrealistic abilities."
>>
>>679376749
it's a dumb argument and cover for MRA shit. every character in a fantasy movie has elements of this in it. it goes all the way back to greek story roots. you're an idiot if you buy into the mary sue bullshit.
>>
>>679375319
You should read the forever war. Google it.
>>
>>679376749
>ad hominem
>logical fallacy
>make a counter to his actual argument
>we must conclude
>we
throw in "red herring", and we all know you're an obnoxious little tryhard prick, who've read an "internet debate how-to".
>>
>>679375319
Imagine not enough people going to the cinema to watch the diversity you seek in the mid to long run.
>>
>>679377268
i've heard of it. haven't gotten around to reading it yet. but i was talking abuot movies. it's easy in books.
>>
>>679376922
He is rescued at the bar. He displays no extraordinary abilities outside of being a good pilot which was established in earlier scenes that he frequently piloted ships and hunted down animals that were no more than 2 meters long.
He gets his ass kicked by an Wampa and is rescued by Solo.
He gets his ass kicked during training with Yoda.
He gets his ass kicked by Vader, needing to be rescued again.
He gets his ass kicked by Palpatine and is rescued by his father.
Through no extraordinary abilities does he kick lots of ass and save the day.
>>
>>679376998
Read:
The Hero With a Thousand Faces by Joseph Campbell.
Those archetypes are built around an arc.
A Mary Sue has no such arc.
>>
>>679377268
didnt like it. simplistic.
>>
>>679377387
how knows if there will even be theaters in 10 years. if VR plays out - particularly if phones start making way for it - then they'll probabljy just die out.
>>
>>679376922
>how does that not make him a Gary Stu? "an idealized and seemingly perfect fictional character, a young or low-rank person who saves the day through unrealistic abilities."

>ITT: every heroic protagonist is a Gary Stu
>>
>>679377557
how the fuck can you tell an arc of a character in 3 movies after only seeing one? you're just digging yourself a bigger hole. my guess is she'll turn towards the dark side int he next movie and maybe, maybe, be redeemed at the end of 9.
>>
>>679377410
He also failed in the rescue attempt at Jaba's Palace and needed R2's help as well as Land's help in escaping.
>>
TFA Problems:

1) The ass-on-head retarded Starkiller base. I don't know how anyone signed off on that making it into the movie. Not only do we have Death Star in IV, then ANOTHER Death Star in VI, but now we get ANOTHER [not] Death Star in VII, but now it's super mega-sized edition with 5x more lasers. Did no one consider that if this thing sucks in the mass of a sun that it will then have gravity nearly equivalent to the sun? Why wasn't everything on the surface incinerated and crushed? This is unforgivable even for science fantasy.

2) The carbon copy of galactic politics. Classic trilogy has little good guy Rebellion fighting evil big guy Empire. Then the war was won and we're left believing the galaxy will change. Nope! 30 years later and now it's the same thing, just with different names. Little guy resistance against big guy First Order. And to add insult to injury, First Order is a blatant Nazi rip-off with no originality.

3) Pacing. There were no quiet moments in the movie. Everything was action and constant motion. There was no quiet introduction like Luke's intro on Tattooine, no visit to Cloud City, no return to Dagobah to watch Yoda die. It was BAM attack a village BAM captured BAM escape BAM creatures chasing us on Han's ship BAM rescue BAM being attacked BAM BAM BAM.

4) Omitting Luke completely. They dangled him as a MacGuffin the whole fucking movie and had the gall to only show him as sequel-bait at the end without even a line. And what was up with the map? You mean to tell me that they have a map of the whole galaxy (that we saw in R2D2) EXCEPT for this jigsaw piece shaped section that is just completely unknown?
>>
>>679377390
I wish man. Too much money to lose, can't have that. Gotta be bankable. Marketable. Ads. Action figures. Happy meals. Kids love it. Get the T-shirts. Post about it. See? Our targeted hashtag is trending. Need to see some return on investment, keep the profits rolling. Sell it.
>>
>>679377790
>obviously didn't even bother to watch that scene more than once.
>>679377755
Luke Skywalker had more character development in the first 20 minutes of A New Hope than Rey had in all of The Force Awakens.
>>
>>679377410
>Through no extraordinary abilities does he kick lots of ass and save the day.
wut is teh force lol
>>
>>679378072
just a dumb statement.
>>
>>679377728
NOT INDIANA JONES HUURRR
>>
Tfa was a load of shit. Imagine having the opportunity to write the next star wars. Blank slate, established universe and acceptable magic. You sit, you write and you come up with female yoda with glasses and she says something like its all in the eyes. You sit back and smell your own fart thinking what a genius you are.
>>
>>679378224
sure he was. he was just a bit neurotic. but in the end he was more than capable of saving the entire world alone.
>>
>>679377755
You should be able to tell the arc of a character in a single movie. Especially if its the LEAD.
Luke Skywalker was a lonely farmboy who was introduced to the Force by the wizard and along his journey he met the dashing pirate, the damsel princess, the bumbling sidekicks. He experimented with the Force and made a choice to leave his home in search of adventure. He found it. He tried to get his new found pirate ally to join him but seemingly failed. When he stood up to the Empire he was guided by his mentor via the Force to execute the final blow against the Death Star. He went from a pussy to a savior.
Ray was badass from the get go who had no intention of leaving the planet was dragged along by Finn then rejected the Force when she was the vision, then she was kidnapped and Forced to go the Death Star. None of her plot elements were her choice. She was just along for the ride and without being introduced to the Force displayed powers that matched her trained enemy.
>>
>>679378288
>you sit, you write and you come up with female yoda with glasses and she says something like its all in the eyes

this
>>
>>679378368
you're just stating plot. it's clear that you really have no idea about character development at all.
>>
>>679378331
>but in the end he was more than capable of saving the entire world alone.
yes, of cause.

he's Indiana Fucking Jones, you demented twat.
>>
File: KbkNRf9.jpg (861 KB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
KbkNRf9.jpg
861 KB, 2400x2400
>>
>>679378520
Wow, so you didn't pay attention in writing class. Okay.
>>
6>5>4>3>1>7>2
>>
>>679378675
>the autism that went into making this picture
>>
>>679377911

5) C3P0's red arm is explicitly called out in a funny line with no explanation and then is gold in the waving goodbye scene at the end.

6) Missed opportunity to have a unique score. The music was bland and felt exactly like a retread of classic trilogy. Where was a new Duel of The Fates tier track?

7) A general disrespect for the viewer in not answering questions and catching us up on the past 30 years. "Show don't tell" is good advice, but they didn't do either. They wasted so much time retreading plot points from the classic movies but they didn't establish anything new.
>>
>>679378675
saved
>>
>>679378675
whomever made that, reigns supreme as the Dark Lord of Cringeonia.
>>
>>679378675
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTAQwq9bHD8
>>
>>679365240
Truth about part 7. Right here. /thread
>>
>>679378675
Doesnt matter how hard they try. White males are the main contributor to furthering the human race. If anything its going to weed out the inferior genes in the white side and push white males even further away from the rest. Less is not always bad. Weeding out Caucasians with low self-confidence who are non-producers and only allowing those who are very motivated self-confident and strong to survive.
>>
I know I'm late to the thread, but there's something that's been bothering me since I first saw it TFA.

There is no way that a government/senate/united nations backed military would be called the Resistance.

Resistance >implies that you're not the ones in power and you are resisting the ones who are.

They should've been called Security Force or Peacekeepers or some shit.
>>
Empire jedi hope.

That's how it's always been and always will be.
>>
>>679378197
In the first part of A New Hope, Luke wants very badly to join the Imperial Naval Academy so he can get away from his soul crushing life of extracting water from the desert. His uncle forbids him to go just yet because he needs him on the farm. Luke reluctantly accepts this, even going so far as telling Kenobi that there is no way he can go with him to Alderaan because his family needs him on Tattooine. Less than ten minutes later he's back with Kenobi after finding the burned out remains of his family farm and the still smoldering corpses of his aunt and uncle. He says to Kenobi, "I want to come with you to Alderaan. There's nothing for me here now. I want to learn the ways of the Force and become a Jedi like my father."

There was more character development for Luke in that little bit of A New Hope than there was in the entirety of The Force Awakens, for any character.
>>
>>679380150
>Luke's farm burns down and both Lars are killed.
>Luke vanishes.
>Returns 6 years later
>Kills Jabba the Hutt
>Everyone on Tatoine things Luke is a crazy bastard.
>>
File: ally.jpg (8 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
ally.jpg
8 KB, 184x184
>>679365240
Except not. 7 is better than half the series with pure visuals and montage alone. Also less cringeworthy. Only bad actor is kaylo ren, and he's still far superior to anakin. Objectivly it's one of the best movies in the frenchise.

tldr
>OP is a faggot
>>
>>679380857
Go back to bait school faggot youre embarassing yourself
>>
File: 1366631020723.jpg (84 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1366631020723.jpg
84 KB, 400x400
>>679380857
>Only bad actor is kaylo ren
>>
>>679367910
He's a pretty shit director, clearly influenced by the producers shelling out millions for another super power action movie.

To be fair, Jurassic world was in another league in terms of shit. Still did the exact same thing as star wars though.... re-made the original with a modern twist and more loud noises.... oh, and much more predictable
>>
>>679365240
Yah but Leah's tits look great on this toy
http://1312484.igenapps.com/go-figure#0
>>
>>679381077
Well looking at all 7 movies, cast in tfa was pretty good. Star wars had pretty shit actors every singe time. Only truly decent one was obiwan and mayyybe han.
>>
File: 1399614059172.jpg (27 KB, 314x246) Image search: [Google]
1399614059172.jpg
27 KB, 314x246
>>679381565
>cast in tfa was pretty good
>>
>>679381565
this plus black guy with purple saber (forgot name)
>>
>>679381715
Wes craven
>>
>>679379014
>C3P0's red arm is explicitly called out in a funny line with no explanation and then is gold in the waving goodbye scene at the end.

...That was C3PO??!
>>
>>679381715
Corey Black
>>
>>679380619
Yea I'll bet all those slaves and people in debt to Jabba thought Luke was just the worst.
>>
>>679381715
http://bfy . tw/5HFM
>>
>>679365240
>The farce awakens
>using a B movie's tag line
>5>3>4>6>1>2>7
Fuck you
>>
Best to Worst Star Wars films

1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. A New Hope
3. Return of the Jedi
4. The Force Awakens
5. Revenge of the Sith
6. Attack of the Clones
7. Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure
8. Ewoks: The Battle for Endor
9. The Star Wars Holiday Special
10. The Phantom Menace
>>
>>679380857
did nobody actually pay attention to the acting in the force awakens? the most outrageous awful use of overacting ive ever seen. everyone always talks about how much they love poe but he was the worst even. tried so hard to appear like a bad ass it was not even slightly believable. all the acting was cringe and forced and just fucking terrible. prequels werent great but had the occassional great moments, like ewan mcgregor and even hayden christiansen sometimes. harrison ford was of course amazing in the originals and luke and leah were pretty good.
>>
It's not about Hollywood making money fuck stick.
It's about washing the bad taste of the prequels out of our mouth with much better films. Fuck yourself if you think differently but Disney definitely is doing this the right way by not using anything related to the prequels. No designs, no movies like rogue one but set in the old republic, ect. Everything is retro again. As it should be.
>>
>>679383903
>It's about washing the bad taste of the prequels out of our mouth with much better films.
Then why are they giving us even worse films?
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 380x270) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 380x270
>>679383776
That's just like, your uneducated opinion man
>>
Not op, but 100% concur.
Look at Lucas' intended demographic. 7 wasn't a kids movie. It was a shitty clone of 4 to shut the masses of "stars wars fans" up.
>>
File: 1450447913716.jpg (114 KB, 699x1211) Image search: [Google]
1450447913716.jpg
114 KB, 699x1211
>>679367425
Got you fam
>>
>>679365240
Hipster fag kys
>>
>>679383998
Maybe your an EU faggot who's just butthurt they didn't use book # 1532478 and decided to instead banish that bullshit from the canon, and this is how you retaliate...
>>
>>679365240
You are a fucking idiot.
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 750x505) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 750x505
>>679384305
Pic very related to op
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 640x1136
Op is fag
>>
>>679365240
Obvious troll is obvious. Everyone knows there are only four star wars movies - star wars, empire, Jedi, force awakens
>>
>>679384317
I'm actually just upset that they gave us shit and expect us to consider it an upgrade and to be grateful to the kike who made it.
>>
>>679376749
add a "strawman" in there and we got a Internet try hard 101

Back to >>>/reddit/ you go.
>>
>>679383903
so they remake a new hope but with different actors? how about come up with something that adds something new to the story. at least the prequels did that even though most didnt like it.
>>
>>679384301
Where's the narrative of a humanized stormtrooper role who betrays the empire and in ways becomes a main character?
>>
>>679370719
Clearly Darth Edgelord has more medical chlorines then Anakin and Yoda combined
>>
>>679365240

I respectfully disagree.

Orig Trig>Revenge of the Sith>Force Awakens>Phantom Menace (just for Maul and Duel of the Fates)>Attack of the Clones.

Hopefully the next movies will be more original and less a clone of the originals.
>>
>>679384981
>the kike who made it
Funny you mention that.
Because Lawrence Kasdan, who wrote empire strikes back and return of the Jedi is who wrote the force awakens. JJ just gave visual ideas and directed it.
So get the notion that just one person makes Star Wars. It wasn't JUST George Lucas's fat jabba ass. And it wasn't just JJ.
you can't claim its a ripoff if the same guy who wrote in the theme of the Monomyth writes in some of the same themes ( the Monomyth is a theory that a hero's journey can only be told through 12 stages that re occur throughout time.)
>>
>>679385175
Janitor stormtrooper is picked for superimportant mission led peraonally by the boss himself. His lack of combat experience and status is irrelevant. It is after all a superimportant mission. The force awakens.
>>
>>679383474

Darth Maul was great in my opinion and Duel of the Fates gives me goosebumps. I was born in mid 90's so I guess my opinion is worth jack shit on this.
>>
>>679386049
And how does this relate to a new hope? Which was the point of the comment you replied to
>>
>>679385911
they wont be. guaranteed the next one will be a rip off of empire strikes back. its like poetry they rhyme B)
>>
>>679383474
attack of the clones on 6th?
wtf man
>>
>>679383776

Hayden had his moments but almost every line made me cringe. Force Awakens wasn't that bad IMO.
>>
>>679386359
It relates to your mother, who is a faggot.
>>
>>679370719
Read books, comics, realize that both luke and vader is strobger than u ever seen, fucking darth vader takes down a Y-wing with a saber throw.
Rey is anikin, Anikin is star wars jesus, thats why shes so strong, she is the one to bring balance, shes only acting on instinct and thats why late movie it all starts to come back. Thing is, she dosnt know it him/her self
>>
>>679387445
This
>>
Here's how it is.
Adults hate the prequels and anything having to do with the old republic.
Kids like the prequels and EU but hate the OT because "ahhh my A.D.H.D."
George the hutt is butthurt that the prequels weren't received well. Refused to give adult fans what they love because of butthurt.
George finally gets talked into selling the company by Kathleen Kennedy.
Wanting to bring back the all around love everyone had for Star Wars before the prequels,
Disney decides to do a film for the adult fans who love (what is considered by popular opinion) the better films in the franchise.
This in return with only producing films that happen after the timeline of revenge of the sith result in us completely forgetting about the shitty part of Star Wars.
The end
>>
>>679387445
>>679387949
I wonder who is the bigger fool. The fool? Or the fool who follows him?
>>
>>679387126
Typical.
When you don't have a way to attempt to prove your incorrect point, just be edgy
>says your mom joke
>considers this a win
You're worse than a feminist sjw cuck
>>
>>679380857
Kylo was one of the few things I liked about TFA because he was different. A conflicted, wannabe-Sith, angsty teen is at least interesting.

Honestly I can forgive quality of acting, but I can't forgive quality of writing. Hayden Christensen had really stiff delivery in most of his dialogue, which robbed the story of some of its impact. But at least the prequels told an original story. TFA was fan service with no substance. I think in 10 years it will be overwhelmingly seen as the worst SW movie (assuming the subsequent ones don't get even worse).
>>
>>679388212
>assuming the subsequent ones don't get even worse
They will. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.
>>
>>679387972
are you kidding? tfa is so fucking watered down its just a shell of the original trilogy. congrats youve been duped into thinking an awful movie is good because of its aesthetic.
>>
>>679388352
Rogue one looks better than TFA
And it won't have any lightsaber duels, recognizable characters besides mon Mothma and maybe Vader. It's going to be like saving private Ryan in space.
Sounds like the right track to me...
>>
>>679388770
I agree, it seems somewhat promising. I would say it'll certainly be better than the shitfest that was TFA, but that's what I said about TFA and the prequels, and look how that turned out.
>>
>>679388484
Congrats, you get to enjoy far less Star Wars than I do because you have to look at it like fucking politics or some shit.
If I listen to music and my head bobs, then that means I enjoy the music
If I watch a film and my stomach gets the same feeling I had when I was 5, that means I enjoy the movie.
I could give a 2 fucks about if it was made just to please fans, because in many people's OPINIONS, it delivered.
>>
>>679388770
>>679388945
r u kidding? rogue one looks fuckign awful lol. just give up the star wars movies are not getting better. its going to be an awful fucking action movie devoid of any semblance of a story with a mary sue for a main character but people will eat that shit up because STAR WARS fuckign hell i give up on this fucking planet.
>>
>>679388945
How old are you?
Be truthful
>>
>>679365240
5>4>6>3>7>2>1
>>
I farted on my pillow, I make love to it every night because in my heart kylo ren gives me two erections.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 5054x3370) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 5054x3370
5>4>7>6>3>2>1

Movie was good
>>
>>679389272
Yea. You are the kind of kid who probably rates the flash 5 stars on Netflix.
Probably butthurt that there's 2 female leads and one nig.
Get over your teenage angsty edge bullshit.
>>
>>679380000
nice quads
>>
guaranteed 5 years from now everyones gonna be shitting on the force awakens so hard. the same thing happened with the prequels. everyone loved phantom menace at first then people slowly realized it was absolute shit.
>>
>give me this
>now that I got what I asked for I don't want it because it's not my perfect vision

Everyone under the age of 20's retarded modernist viewpoint.
>>
>>679389819
naw dude im early twenties and hate all superhero movies theyre generally the same kind of trash as the force awakens. i dont care if the main character is male or female or a goddamned potato as long as theyre a good characters
>>
>>679390246
i have never wanted another star wars movie. i saw the trailer for tfa and hoped it would be good and it wasnt wow what a surprise.
>>
>>679366679
Saw every starwars movie. The originals and prequels were pretty well tied together and had that authentic starwars feel. The force awakens was terrible hands down. Even the new lightsaber look made me cringe just a bit.
>>
>>679367910
They need to switch back to Lucas fast. I personally liked the prequels a bit more than the originals. It felt more dynamic and authentic. Lucas atleast had an idea of where he was going. Abrams made a shit train and will continue to be a shit train.
>>
>>679368433
You're on the spot with the PC and commercialism.
>>
>>679390013
No.
You loved them.
Probably because you were to young to comprehend why they were bad movies.
But if you watch the people vs George Lucas, you'll realize how many people had a problem just from the opening scroll of a phantom menace.
TFA actually has good direction of photography, set design, cgi to practical effects use and other things. It's going to take a lot more than a bunch of EU faggot fans bitching about ditching all the "kewl canon material" to take this movie down.
And as for acting, OT Star Wars was campy. The acting is still campy. Or else it would feel like OT Star Wars. So that's why some of the acting feels "bad". but to someone who watched tv in the 80s, it's not bad acting. Just campy.
>>
Movie was shit, everyone says so:
Including George Lucas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8hQVlRgFlU
>>
File: dYzH1nb.jpg (16 KB, 331x382) Image search: [Google]
dYzH1nb.jpg
16 KB, 331x382
>>679370186
Which is exactly why I like it. I only love movies that are beloved franchises raped until they're devoid of what the original fans loved, repurposed into something only enjoyed and discarded by us normies
>>
>>679391386
He flat out says in the very beginning Disney didn't want to make a "good" movie, they wanted to make money.
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 300x444) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 300x444
Everyone in this thread needs to watch pic related.
You might have a bit more of an understanding and appreciation for the force awakens afterwards.
>>
>>679365240
>worse than the prequels
>worse than Return of the Ewoks

Fuck off bait
>>
>>679391651
Decent doc but doesn't absolve Gender Awakens from anything
>>
>>679371604
I sense a Chasing Amy reference comming on
>>
>>679391641
He also flat out said films shouldn't be edited but preserved in history.
Then he went and edited the whole original trilogy, wrote over the few film negatives left of the original trilogy so we can never see the originals in HD, and when people complain about it he says "grow up kid, they're my movies."
Sounds like the guy you should be looking to for facts about Star Wars...
>>
>>679391353
theres videos of hundred of people coming out of the theatre after watchign the phantom menace raving about how great of a movie it was. only true star wars fans recognized their awfulness at first then everyone else joined in on the hatred. its gonna be the same with the force awakens. star wars is universally beloved my both normies and hardcore fans and thats why its become awful.
>>
>>679391386
>>679391641
>>679391651
I sincerely dont get the hate, I think its mostly because Disney made it so people would hate it no matter what. It had a cool new and original plot (which is a rarity in the franchise) refreshing characters that actually had depth and made you feel for them, and the special effects are so amazing. Overall i would give the film a 7.5-8/10, and anyone thinking otherwise is just a raging fanboy. The female protagonist was the right combination of sexy smart and strong, and showed strong development throughout the movie. The other main protagonist was groundbreaking as a blackman playing a role in a movie series that has never had black people in it to begin with, and absolutely smashed his role with an impressive acting ability. I would not be surprise if he wins awards for his performance, and its a shoe in for the movie itself to win many awards.

I will be eagerly awaiting the next installment in this improved series while all you fanboys drown in your own tears. Maybe if you idiots actually took a few film classes in college you would be able to see how good this movie actually is. Its not perfect, no, but it is still a GREAT movie.
>>
>>679391958
Kek
Yea
Over 10 years ago when they made kill bill, and countless other female lead roles, I guess they were just being feminists with agendas.
Get over that shit. I am one of the biggest anti feminists you'll ever meet, but even I don't fall for this bullshit.
You guys are gonna start getting mad that they don't use men in the women's shave product commercials and claim their pushing their agenda on us.
Keep makin me laugh.
>>
>>679389371
>>
>>679392763
Lol yeah they could have easily made this into a "lol roar i am woman! i don't need no man!" But it wasn't. I loved the fact that rey and finn were stumbling together and needed each other multiple times. He even got to wield her saber which was cool as fuck.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>679392479
Well pic related is my room
I have had almost all of that since I was 5
I am a hardcore till death fan of the OT only.
And I loved TFA
soooo your point is not really true when it relates to people's opinions.
>>
>>679392719
good b8 i r8 8/8
>>
>>679393402
is that the blue watchmen dude?
>>
>>679393402
your nostalgia and feelings got taken advantage of. its ok. i liked it the first time too. rewatch the film another couple times. then get back to me. you got played its alright bud im here for you.
>>
>>679393633
i've seen it 4 times now. i still like it.
>>
>>679365240
Maybe it was just a safe starting off point for something more unique to come? We still don't know anything about rey's flashbacks and Kylo's real motivation. Oh and you have to credit the movie for showing us a much more 3 dimensional and intimate look at storm troopers and the empire in general.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>679393620
Yea it's the old school comic version of their characters.
>>
>>679384301
You also for got the part where they made 6 movies on the basis of Vader going ape shit becuase they Jedi's wouldn't let him marry his sugar mama. Cut to the post Lucas Star Wars where literally everyone is related to everyone else completely defeating the story line of the originals.
>>
>>679392763
You are right anon, that's what TFA was, a women's shave product commercial.
Haven't been summarized here better
>>
>>679393633
Saw it 4 times in theatre, 4 to 5 times since it came out on blu ray on the 5.
Still love it.
>>
>>679375651
>arguingWithHoles.jpg
>>
File: 1445676903563.png (1 MB, 1440x1921) Image search: [Google]
1445676903563.png
1 MB, 1440x1921
>>679392719
>It had a cool new and original plot.
XD XD are you serious? more than half the movie was a new hope ripoff. "star killer" base was a shitty(unimaginative) death star ripoff Han solo died like a bitch. Kylo Ren looks like a cringy beta fag and he's weak for sith or an inquisitor for that matter. hell I bet even a PADOWAN asoka tano could beat his ass. Wake up idiot the movie was sup-par at best...
>>
>>679393860
very nice. you're a fan of the comic i take it? didn't liek the movie?
>>
File: image.jpg (148 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148 KB, 600x600
>>679394015
All the Star Wars films are written around the Monomyth.
If you don't like it, you don't like or understand Star Wars.
Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.