[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why am I the only person in the world that seems to have a problem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 206
Thread images: 33
File: 1459312228348.jpg (75 KB, 600x404) Image search: [Google]
1459312228348.jpg
75 KB, 600x404
Why am I the only person in the world that seems to have a problem with life being pointless and watching everyone just waste their time until they die? When I try to point this out to friends or family they say shit like "oh Anon, you sound depressed. Wanna go to a movie?" And its like no I don't want to go to a movie, thats a total waste of time, just like everything else you do day in and day out. Why doesn't that bother you? And they say stuff like "OK well let me know if you want to go to a movie"
I mean what the fuck. Everything everyone does for decades upon decades is trying to get laid or trying to earn money for a bigger TV so you can be the envy of your friends during the big game or whatever. Fucking pointless, why even bother? How does it not bother you that you're living an existence without purpose or meaning of any kind? Can no one else see how stupid everybody's life is? How do you stay sane?
>>
>>679199272
Why do you think life should have a purpose?
>>
>>679199436
So there can be a reason to live beyond waiting for deadpool 2?
>>
File: 1459874285800.jpg (87 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1459874285800.jpg
87 KB, 1024x768
>>679199272
You're not the only person, I have felt this way for about a year now
>>
>>679199659
Set artificial goals then. Our ability to contemplate this stuff is the only thing that sets us apart from animals, otherwise we all have the same purpose in life: pass on our genetic material as often and successfully as possible.
>>
File: 1457753141794.jpg (84 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1457753141794.jpg
84 KB, 640x480
>>679199272
i used to fuck OPs mom
she'd come over every once in awhile while her kid was staying at college.
she'd get naked as soon as she came in, put on her favorite song and start fucking me while crying. she said the song reminded her of raising her child, and motherhood. she told me it reminded her of how much she missed her child. it made her and me cum buckets.

this was the song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVI4Knz24CQ
>>
because at some point everyone comes to the conclusion that life is pointless and random and a common reaction to that realization is to have as much fun as you can

an uncommon reaction is to try and do something with your life, typically by advancing science, technology, or art

you sound like the second type of person. so go do something you think is important
>>
File: 1460409364129.jpg (155 KB, 512x467) Image search: [Google]
1460409364129.jpg
155 KB, 512x467
There is someone who was trying to unite us, to drive us to one common goal to better humanity, to give us a united purpose. But we defeated him, so now we have the freedom to do nothing but consume for our jew masters and wait to die
>>
>>679200503
Sadly, this is true
>>
>>679200503
sure, if by "humanity" you mean an extremely narrow subset of german-speaking people with particular political views

turns out there's way more people who don't fit in that category and the nazis got told to sit the fuck down

the entire ideal of fascism is based upon the principle of expansion at the expense of other states, and if you get destroyed, you didn't deserve to be a state in the first place

guess what happened to nazi germany?
>>
>>679199965
Its hard to pursue goals when you know going in they are artificial. Its hard to be driven when you know it makes no difference if you achieve artificial goals or sit on a bench and stare at a tree.

>>679200481
Its good advice, and I often tend to conclude that hedonism is the ethical solution. Most people I talk to say the same thing. Just forget about it and try to have fun. Go to a movie, get laid. To me though these are diversions, not a reason to live. I don't understand why everybody else does not see this. To me the real conclusion is that there is no reason to live beyond pleasure or the hope of pleasure in the future.
>>
The self awareness that we are capable of is a rare thing in the universe. Use it by doing things you like doing. Enjoy yourself and stop being such a fucking buzzkill. We know we're going to die, that's why we try to have fun with the limited time we have. Things are only meaningless if you refuse to give them meaning.
>>
>>679201308
Plenty of people see this
>>
>>679199828
what do you conclude from it? What do you do about it?
>>
>>679201308
The individual gives their life reason. Humans are conditioned to look for objective things; like morals or certainty. Life has no objective meaning. But so what? Go give your own life meaning and stop over thinking shit.
>>
>>679200503
Fuck you're right
>>
>>679202055
>stop over thinking shit
Ignorance is bliss? How do I do this?
>>
You're most definitely not alone OP you selfish egotistical pigfucker.

Unfortunately there's nothing you can do sat at your pc wanking to furry.

I once felt like this but I found art. People laugh when I say I'd rather sit in and read a book, go to an art exhibition, watch a play/opera etc. rather than go to some overpriced sweatbox swarming with brainless tryhards, I don't have many friends but I don't care. I find love in the brushstrokes of painters, intricate wordplay of poet laureates or the plays of many a playwright.

I also enjoy smoking cigars and drinking shorts but that's another story....

Go out OP and find something that interests you. It may be that what you were looking for all along is bound with silk and propping your dining room table up....
>>
>>679203099
so for you the purpose of life is to enjoy things that interest you for as long as you can?
>>
>>679203789

"Pleasure is the only thing worth having a theory about,"

"But I am afraid I cannot claim my theory as my own. It belongs to Nature, not to me. Pleasure is Nature's test, her sign of approval. When we are happy, we are always good, but when we are good, we are not always happy."

I guess what this means, is that, a life without self-indulgence into what one finds the most pleasure in is no life at all. I agree and I find comfort in the fact that if I die tomorrow, the pleasures I have got out of life have given me just that.
>>
>>679204525
So if a person lost the ability to gain pleasure in life, for instance someone who loves art and goes blind, then suicide would be the correct thing to do, right? Because the reason you were born, the reason you get up in the morning, and the reason all of humanity is on this planet, is to pursue pleasure, so without that life is no longer worth living, correct? This does not sound right to me at all personally
>>
>>679199272
>can't handle life being pointless chaos
feel free to kill yourself
>>
>>679205643
I'm working on it
>>
generally, one waits until they turn 16 and then grows out of the special-snowflake-cuz-i-realize-life-is-pointless phase
>>
>>679206057
I'm 38
>>
>>679205353
>>679199272

I think you have a very narrow view of what "pleasure" means. For you, the word "pleasure' seems to be something base and detestable, a display of animalistic and primal qualities which are beneath a human being's potential.

I would replace the word 'pleasure' with 'satisfaction".

Different people obtain satisfaction from different things.

Not everyone would get the same satisfaction from studying quantum mechanics and getting a Nobel Prize. Some people would be downright miserable doing that, no matter how intelligent they were.

How is a miserable life with achievements which someone else deems important more valid than an existence based on pursuing what gives you satisfaction.

If someone is *truly* satisfied sitting on the couch all day ( I doubt this is true for anyone, but hypothetically), what's your rational explanation for why that's less meaningful than anything else?

Aside from what society and common sense tells you?
>>
>>679206403
are you asking why sitting on the couch is less meaningful than solving quantum mechanics questions like entanglement and winning a nobel?
>>
File: images(80).jpg (3 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images(80).jpg
3 KB, 225x225
>>679201308
>Its hard to pursue goals when you know going in they are artificial. Its hard to be driven when you know it makes no difference if you achieve artificial goals or sit on a bench and stare at a tree.
Get dirtpoor then. You'll have real goals then.
Fucking first world and their problems.
>>
>>679205353
For myself, a life without pleasure is none at all. I would rather be dead than live a groundhog day for the next 40 years hoping to god that something comes along.

I'm using art as an example. There are many things a person can gain pleasure from, but you have to first develop your senses to know what you seek.

If, for example, the ONLY thing I could get pleasure from was art, and I did go blind, and no matter how much I tried I couldn't live another pleasurable moment in my life, then yes death would be the only option.

Sitting behind a computer screen for 8 hours a day half-heartedly laughing at borderline autistic people is not pleasure.

Once you find something that gives you real pleasure and endorphins start flowing then you will know. Something that you think about when going to rest; something you can talk about openly with others who find pleasure in the exact same place.

I've been there, I've spent a good part of 2 years going to work, coming home and sitting on the computer is not a good life and it gets you into a rut, but you need pleasure to make all the boring things seem not-as-bad.
>>
>>679202488
What is drugs
>>
>>679199272

TL;DR

People live for different goals, sure we all die in the end but some try to earn lots of money, start a family, travel some even live to be happy.
>>
>>679207385
Do you ever feel like you are just using art as a distraction, a way to not be bored while you wait for colon cancer or a heart attack or whatever else to eventually set in? If you did or could view it that way, would it still be your main reason for living?
>>
Purpose of life is to live surrounded by loved ones.
>>
>>679206829
you really are bigotry personified
>>
>>679199272
Now, anon, from a psychologist to fellow anon; if you arent depressed, why are you asking these questions? What are your motives? You may say that there are mann reasons other than being depressed or dysthymic for asking this, and yet you realize that anyone living fullfilled lives would not Ask questions like these. Answer up.
>>
>>679207817

If you're going to be this morbid you might as well just kill yourself
>>
>>679207990
What? Why?
>>
>>679199272
No. Your just the only one not mature enough to live on otherwise.
>>
>>679208067
see
>>679205763
>>
>>679208285

>>679205763

Wonder how you'll fuck it up
>>
>>679207817
But of course it's a distraction, everything in life is. I do view it in that way and I am grateful that I have found something that stimulates my senses in a way other things don't.

Otherwise you are saying doing anything besides waiting to die is meaningless? So here we are back at point A) Life is meaningless.
>>
>>679207993
> anyone living fullfilled lives
People are not living fullfilled lives, they are just good at using distractions and believing delusions so they can pretend to justify an existence without meaning or purpose.
>>
>>679206403

>How is a miserable life with achievements which someone else deems important more valid than an existence based on pursuing what gives you satisfaction?

Sorry, that should be a question.

My point is: for me, the purpose of life is literally anything that gives me a reason not to stop functioning and let myself die.

It is not an idealistic answer, but I'd wager it's true for anyone.

Is there something I would still like to try or see or improve at? If I answer yes to any of those things, then I have already given myself a reason to live a little longer.

In a way, the purpose of life is to prepare you for your inevitable death. In other words, to accept death and die happy. It's not a coincidence that authors in Medieval Japan used to write that the most important part of anything is its end.
All's well that ends well, in other words.

I believe that when people devote themselves to an activity for a considerably long period of time, they obtain insight, and this insight, in a general sense, help them understand, intuit or otherwise come to terms with how things work, metaphysically. And this, ultimately, allows them to die with acceptance, understanding , and no regrets.

The only question is to determine which activities to focus on. The only criterium for that is the internal one. What you are willing to devote yourself to.

>>679206057
Tell that to Leo Tolstoy, who wrote his Confessions about this well into his 40s.
Many people suffer existential crises well into their 30s and 40s. It doesn't mean they're stupid and immature, it just means they haven't had a reason to think about those questions yet. Either because they've been wildly successful or have had to survive their whole life in the face of adversity.

>>679206829
Is there any meaning to solving quantum mechanics in the long run?

Scientists who study quantum mechanics wouldn't be studying it if it didn't personally interest them.
>>
>>679208447
Good point
>>
>>679208233

read

>>679206403

""""If someone is *truly* satisfied sitting on the couch all day ( I doubt this is true for anyone, but hypothetically), what's your rational explanation for why that's less meaningful than anything else?

Aside from what society and common sense tells you?""""

If you can't figure it out give it another go then let me know.
>>
>>679208752

Was in the news the other day about a group of Indigenous Canadians (or whatever they're called) trying to all off themselves and failing, was pretty funny
>>
File: 456565778gb4v57vsdsbbdtr.gif (95 KB, 475x250) Image search: [Google]
456565778gb4v57vsdsbbdtr.gif
95 KB, 475x250
>>679199272
>>
The key to being happy isn't a search for meaning. It's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually, you'll be dead. ~Mr. Peanutbutter~
>>
>>679207159
This is the only real answer for anyone who thinks they can just be neutral on a moving train.
>>
>>679199272
I used to be like this but then I quit caring. You have to reach that entirely new level of futility and fuck-it-all, and there you will find your peace.
>>
>>679208713
So then you pretty much agree with this anon here
>>679208965

>Is there any meaning to solving quantum mechanics in the long run?

No. Good point
>>
>>679199272
Then what do u do to pass that time?
Why the fuck are u 'wasting ur time' on 4chan then?
>>
>>679208670
Says you! Now, without trying to be to direct here, ill say it might be you are lacking a certain degree and happiness in your own life, and have been doing so for some time, and therefore choose to believe that it cant exist for anyone else either. You then go on saying anyone "living fullfilling lives" are fooling themselves. Though, i do not think you actually believe that, so ill ask again; why do you ask these questions and others not? What are your reasons for asking?
>>
>>679208713

You have raised a lot of good points and I tip my brandy glass in your way sir.

I don't believe 40 should be considered 'late' when starting to question life, in fact I believe it may be too early. People are so intent in trying to live as much as they can as fast as they can we've been burdened with a society of kids who skipped ahead about 15 years post-womb evacuation. People are striving to be seen by others as mature from such a young age so many people really wouldn't know maturity if it hit them in the face. 14 year olds with the only agenda of seeking external gratification from people who couldn't give 2 shits about them.

I really do feel sorry for the kids of today who actually take *REAL* pleasure in things. It seems a lot of kids don't actually know what it is, and the snowball effect is horrifying.
>>
My best advice is to take seriously the people who have spent nearly their whole life trying to understand these existential problems.

You're worried life has no purpose, even obsessed with it? Cool! Your purpose is about really understanding this notion of purpose, etc.

In other words, read some fucking books and stop being so arrogant about it. Stop being a whiney bitch about your passion and start being a philosopher.

At the very least if you go academic you can have conversations with people who aren't trying to only talk about things you find boring.
>>
What someone else deems Important and your own happiness will never coexist
>>
>>679210065
To add to this post, I recommend the book "Zen and the Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance" as a starting point
>>
>>679199272

Anon you're fucking stupid honestly. Everyone on the planet knows there is no point to life.

You're not the enlightened intellectual you think you are. The fact you are unable to grasp the concept that there is no point to life and that this concept troubles you proves how dull you are.

I'll say it again. There is no point. Humans have known this forever. So go do things that make you happy.

Learn things, get drunk, make friends, have children, do drugs, get laid, achieve some goals, read a book, paint a painting,or go see a movie.

You're right none of it matters. The fact that nothing matters doesn't matter.

Stop being an edgy fucking idiot.
>>
File: 1448419393608.jpg (16 KB, 264x191) Image search: [Google]
1448419393608.jpg
16 KB, 264x191
>>679199659
>beyond waiting for deadpool 2
>living meaningless life for a mere meteocre movie
Kek
>>
>>679209899

> People are striving to be seen by others as mature from such a young age so many people really wouldn't know maturity if it hit them in the face.

This is an excellent observation. You can't fake maturity, just as you can't pain a green lemon yellow. People seem to be obsessed with child prodigies, early development, and making sure they reach milestones earlier than others.

Do you have any thoughts on why this might be the case?

> People are so intent in trying to live as much as they can as fast as they can

Does this have anything to with maturity, though, even on the surface?
>>
>>679210065
>My best advice is to take seriously the people who have spent nearly their whole life trying to understand these existential problems.
Trust the ones who live life not think about it, you trustfund pseudo intelectual.
>>
>>679210513
Don't know about that one.

I'm reading Man's Search for Meaning at the moment, it's alright.

Anything by Alan Watts is usually good.

The Mind of God is good if you want to approach modern ideas of WHAT (not necessarily why) is reality.

Any of the big existential philosophers are usually worth your time, really.

I would also strongly recommend reading the psychological and philosophical ideas of Timothy Leary, particularly on the eight circuit model of consciousness.
>>
File: 1457937011789.jpg (41 KB, 480x540) Image search: [Google]
1457937011789.jpg
41 KB, 480x540
>>679199272
Biologically your purpose in life is to fuck bitches and get money, but if you wanna be an existential nihilist faggot and whine on how there's no purpose for you being here just go ahead and hang yourself seriously i know there's no true reason i am here that's the whole point your supposed to make one.
Your mom and dad had a fun day decades ago and now your here maybe you wont make it into the history books of humanity but you will certainly be able to leave an impact however small or large it may be.
>>
>>679210850
>You're right none of it matters. The fact that nothing matters doesn't matter.

If everyone already knows this, and is committed to it, why is everyone so concerned about suicide? Why do people worry about or try to achieve anything? It doesn't matter right?
>>
"if i find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that i was made for another world." C.S. Lewis.

I agree with you about the pointless mundane tedious of everyday life. Setting goals is pointless if there isn't something more transcendent that gives you a joy no matter what you do, where you are, or what's going on in your life. there's nothing as disappointing as reaching a goal because after it's reached you find yourself asking, "is that all there is?" or, "what now?"

I think there's an ultimate truth out there that is each and every one of us yearns for... for me its God, and Grace is that special force that can make a russian prison in winter better than a vacation house on a tropical island.

Search for that thing that's universal man. Your unsatisfied because you see the rubbish, now all that's left is to find the gems that are worth living for.
>>
>>679211287
>thinking you can possibly be alive without living life.
>thinking everyone should have the same idea of fun

You're a fucking moron.
>>
>>679211581

Because in the end it's what makes them happy. If you can't find any happiness in your life then you really shouldn't be shocked that you're one of the few.
>>
It's not a lack of purpose that's bothering you, it's a lack of friends.
>>
OP is convinced he's stumbled upon a great realization
>really just a faggot
>>
>>679212134
Lack of distractions
>>
>>679212272
You can sit around with Real friends and talk about the things you're thinking about. They don't try to take you to movies you're not interested in so they can ignore you.

This is about a lack of Real friends.
>>
>>679211736
>trusting spectators to teach you how to play,not the players.
>>
>>679212517
>thinking that playing with ideas is not part of the game

Still a fucking moron.
>>
>>679211581

>why is everyone so concerned about suicide?

Most of the time when someone commits suicide it's for a pretty retarded reason. It also hurts the people that care about them. Pretty obvious stuff.

>Why do people worry about or try to achieve anything?

Because it makes them happy. Because it gives them a sense of accomplishment and something they can be proud of. Have you ever succeeded at something that was difficult? It's a good feeling and it makes people happy.

What's the alternative? Wallow in depression/sloth and be melancholy because "nothing matters"?

In the grand scheme of things, nothing matters. You live and die.

But in the short term of your life things do matter. Things that make you happy or sad. Things that make the people you care about happy or sad.
>>
>>679211038
The only thought that really makes any sense to me is the influx of technology, especially social media. The Media really is such an important factor of our lives and the worst part is most of us don't even know it.

Think back to when you were a child, for me I played with kids on my street (that sounds really pedoish but stay with me) and for me life was people in school, and the few friends I had. I didn't really watch tv, and there was no facebook/twitter/myspace etc. There was absolutely no connection other than face to face and telephone. I couldn't press 1 button and instantly be seeing what the rich kid from hollywood is doing, I never strived for 'likes' on a picture and my role models were tony hawk not kim kardashian. I didn't have the rationalisation that comes with connectivity to people who I could never emulate and therefore I never tried. No one did. I speculate but if, when I were 14, there was a girl who sat inside taking photos of herself and practising her makeup/doing extensions etc all night people would have hailed her as weird. Everythings become a competition and people (especially Under 21's) think that, because X celeb is on tv because of the car they've bought or because Y celeb is in magazines because of her body parts then they think that's the only sort of gratification that's worthwhile. To add to this I think it's a very EASY way to get both self and external gratification. I'm not an anti-aestheticist by any means but I think there is so much pressure on 'looks' nowadays.

With technology also comes the materialistic aspects, pretty easy and my hands are hurting so I'm gonna cut it short: The objects people use for their connection to the media have become almost like a limb. I hate living in an age where you are judged on your phone/laptop and of course comes the aestheticism. People want things that look nice but I think, once they have them they realize their new macbook is void of any pleasure other than looks.
>>
>>679211581
>If everyone already knows this, and is committed to it, why is everyone so concerned about suicide?

Because its the cowards way out, once your here they wanna make sure you stay till the bitter end. You will notice though that the shittier time people around you are having the easier they take suicide as a option there's absolutely ways to justify it even going so far as mass suicides, being a edgy depressed self defeating faggot that hasn't gotten sunlight in a month isn't one of them.
>>
i KNOW RIGHT? am i completely crazy or is everyone else?
>>
>>679213245
Sorry about the length of this post, I hope people kind of get my drift. I'm by no means a philosopher but I do find joy speaking with people about the existential questions; particularly the meaning of life.

Since the answers (if any exists) are so subjective it really does make the brain tick.

I can see why the greeks used to sit around the baths all day philosophising and eating grapes
>>
File: 1457118980332.png (205 KB, 505x431) Image search: [Google]
1457118980332.png
205 KB, 505x431
>>679213245
>(that sounds really pedoish but stay with me)
Kid playing with other kids sounds pedoish.
>>
>>679213865
probably both boys too.
Fucking fags
>>
>>679213245
>Everythings become a competition
Life is competition since the first singel cell organism.
>>
>>679213245
You probably think you a some how better then a camwhore stacy or a truck driving no education redneck.
>>
>>679214905
All people are not equal.
>>
>>679214097
You're speaking in terms of gentics and evolution yet I'm speaking in terms of possessions and the state of 'owning' something that our species could survive without. Example? - all of History

>>679213973 yes both boys both much faggot
>>
>>679214905

what do you mean by better? I'm sure I couldn't spit tobacco as for as them or take off my t-shirt for free drinks at a bar ...

couldn't rock a tramp stamp either
>>
>>679215227
Gathering recourse is all built into the genetic drives, though. If we transcend that drive, are we still acting from our genetics, or something else?
>>
>>679215064
>All people are not equal.
You are right. For example you are a egocentric pseudo-intellectual scum who thinks he's better then other people.
>>
>>679214097
Or look at africa last time i heard the fly-faced niggers were doing ok for numbers - naturally i'm not comparing africa to western world
>>
File: 1417656847810.png (539 KB, 535x505) Image search: [Google]
1417656847810.png
539 KB, 535x505
>>679199272
It once have been said that living life looking for a purpose and wast it looking for it you would have found it, but you would have wasted your life looking for it
>>
>>679199272
I find things that interest me
>>
>>679215355
>I'm sure I couldn't spit tobacco as for as them or take off my t-shirt for free drinks at a bar ...
But you can't cause you are too smart for stupid things like that.
>>
>>679199272
you gotta make purpose bro
>>
>>679215539
Hey, you don't respect some kinds of people, I don't respect some kinds of people.

That's got nothing to do with being an intellectual, but I do agree I'm smarter than you.
>>
>>679216086
>I'm smarter than you.
And how do you measure that, kind sir?
>>
>>679216348
muh dick
>>
>>679215425

We are hardly clutching at the straws of the necessities of life. Products are being manufactured that would not harm the existence of man. Only to boost the social status of the highest bidder and what's the consequence? A society where excellent must be bought, people are believing the only way to be respected is to own an item? Really? Joy seems to have gone there is no socialism any more it's all capitalist bullshit blah blah blah 'i support conservative views because i dont know how to interact with people' moan
>>
>>679216348
game of online chess? how is your power of abduction ?
>>
>>679216348
The term "pseudo-intellectual" is a red flag for me. It's pretty hypocritical (stupid) because it is the kind of abstract concept that is used to denote the other AS a "pseudo-intellectual".

Generally, any knee jerk tall poppy fight AGAINST people celebrating ideas and philosophy is pretty much a huge problem in the world, in my onion.
>>
>>679216761
>only way to be respected is to own an item
Implaying a caveman didn't rock he's lionskin to make others jelly and get pussy. It showed that he is a badass who killed a lion. Or that he could build a bitchin crib. It's exactly the same now.
>>
>>679217325
I agree, 'pseudo-intellectual' is a null&void phrase. I don't believe you can fake intellect. Surely if someone sounds 'intellectual' they cannot be faking it????
>>
>>679217541

everyone knows caveman was the best
>>
>>679217127
Don't really play chess. I know the rules and played a few times but that's about it.
But would that show you are better then me? Better at chess, yes. But better in universal scheme of things?
>>
>>679217127

Chess has been 90% about rote opening memorisation since Fischer at least.
>>
>>679200503
underrated post
>>
>>679218130

we could have like a danceoff in the style of pulp fiction ? i dunno you need to throw some ideas into the equation; the quest for universal accomplishment
>>
>>679218482
I dont know what that means I'm afraid could you explain please? I'm guessing Fischer was a chess player?
>>
>>679218623

The entire game of chess has not been solved and will likely not be solved in the foreseeable future, but the beginning moves have been analysed to a great extent.

If you simply memorise all the beginning moves that have been analysed over the past centuries, you can get an early advantage over the opponent and then win the game even if you're not as good as your opponent in terms of calculating and coming up with creative combinations (abstract reasoning).

Same goes for ending/mating patterns.
>>
>>679218522
No one is better then others, just different.
>>
>>679199272
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOCaacO8wus
>>
>>679199272
I'm a badass. stay in the IT community and then program your own life... i know some that have.
>>
>>679200481
There's a third option, to wallow in your own misery on an online image board until you eventually kill yourself.
>>
>>679219212
Thanks anon
>>
Drinking, drugs, sex, hobbies, it's how I stay sane.
>>
>>679199272
Thats why you should become scientist and try to unlock the secret of physical immortality, only without death does life gain meaning for individual
>>
>>679199272
Why do you have such a problem with everyone else wasting their lives?
Or are you just angry that you feel you've got nothing to do that you deem worthy of your time?

If you're pissed everyone else is wasting their time: Why? It doesn't effect you.
>>
>>679206310
You're just a bit it late to the party then, most everyone you know has already gone through this realization, likely just as alone as you.
This is something normal, if you don't realize life is meaningless you probably didn't develop properly.
>>
File: 1459834708839.png (1 MB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459834708839.png
1 MB, 1080x1080
Suicide should be legal and encouraged,and yes its an option, and its not a coward way out that is some bullshit to keep people alive.
>>
>>679199965
>pass on our genetic material as often and successfully as possible.
wrong you were given genitals so that the human race could continue to live.for some damn reason somewhere along the line you came up with that retarded theory.must be your animal instincts.
>>
Life is meaningless? Duh. That's why you have to give a meaning to it, namely, being fucking happy and doing what you fucking want. And now go kill yourself you ungrateful, retarded piece of shit.
>>
>>679221183
I think I have a problem with them not realizing they are wasting their lives more so than the actual fact that they are doing it. Then there is the realization that we all are, or I am as well and can't seem to find any way not to.

Sometimes I feel like a sim who notices that everyone is in a video game, and when I try to tell them they just don't see it and tell me to just ignore it and find a fun hobby to help pass the time.
>>
File: images(45).jpg (7 KB, 248x203) Image search: [Google]
images(45).jpg
7 KB, 248x203
Or something along those lines.
You die when you are mature enough (learned enough to enter the next stage/level of being). Who dies the youngest is the smartest. Old fucks stupid. Miracle survival storys are actually failing of epic proportions.
>>
It bothers me daily, anon. Killing myself would hurt too many people though, so I just smoke as much weed as I can to numb the days. Works great.
>>
>>679221865
''give meaning to it'' It doesnt work like that, people feel this way because they can't give a stupid meaning to it, its just deceiving ourselves.
>>
>>679222014
What this anon has is what is called "cannibals induced psychosis"
>>
>>679222324
Thats the only reason for most of us.
>>
>>679222434
I already said it, pursuit of physical immortality is only way to give meaning to individual life and if you manage in it, then YES it will have meaning. Otherwise only meaning of life is to breed, but that only gives meaning to survival of species not meaning on individual level
>>
File: statism-most-dangerous-religion.png (442 KB, 649x960) Image search: [Google]
statism-most-dangerous-religion.png
442 KB, 649x960
YOU are living without purpose, because you are an evil person OP.

Good people do live for a purpose.

Watch: The Story of Your Enslavement - Stefan Molyneux
>>
>>679222324
I'm planning to "move away" soon, in order for my absence to not be so painful. I think after a few months of being away and not being in contact they will get over it quickly once they realize I'm not coming back, even if they do end up finding out I'm dead
>>
>>679222812
I've already seen it, had it bookmarked for a while a year ago. Don't see how its relevant
>>
Since when has being a miserable cunt been the in thing?
All I see is spoilt kids who throw a tantrum and cry about life every time their parents say no.... People want to be know to be grumpy/angry/jealous/bitchy - SINCE WHEN??

Is it not cool to be happy any more? why has everyone stopped being happy?
>>
>>679199272
It sounds like the people you're talking to are good friends who have already been where you are and gotten the T shirt. They're trying to help you not feel worse/spiral into negative thoughts that cannot be answered. Stop whining and go see a movie.
>>
>>679207159
>First world
>OP sounds like a whiny west coast faggot
Nice try
>>
>>679219733
Underrated
>>
File: the end.jpg (77 KB, 536x679) Image search: [Google]
the end.jpg
77 KB, 536x679
>>679199272
i used to not care about death really, then i tripped LSD 10 or 15 times. then i got really worried about the inevitability of death and obsessed with preventing or delaying it.

i thought about it for years, worrying, but i realized that there is no solution that makes me happy. there is no answer than will make me say "you know what that's okay i guess death is alright" because its fucking not. there's nothing you can do. even if you lived FOREVER literally never died, eventually the universe would die around you. even protons eventually decay and you would exist in an eternal void that would be indistinguishable from death.

so instead i don't worry about it. every once in a while, in the shower or in bed, i'll think "hey you're a human. remember, that means you'll die one day. don't forget that" and i say to myself 'yeah i guess so' then i go back to normal life. why waste my finite time working out a solution to a problem that has no answer?

instead i just live it like i live it. i roll with the punches. some days i just waste indoors, some days i hang out with friends. some days i do drugs and some days i do work. i'll die one of these days and that'll suck but i can't stop that so whatever.
>>
>>679222786
Who even wants immortality or who gives a fuck about what happens after he dies, finding meaning is just a delusion it helps us to live.
>>
>>679211581
what if suicide does matter? what if pulling that trigger means you fucked up on the other side? there's an uncertainty associated with it on deeper level than just everyday reality.

it might be against the rules to kill yourself, if you get what i mean.
>>
>>679223870
That is some deep bullshit everyone knows you just lose your consciousness when you die its like fainting or falling a sleep.
>>
File: 1459027872432.png (421 KB, 492x665) Image search: [Google]
1459027872432.png
421 KB, 492x665
>>679200503
>>
File: 313023.png (163 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
313023.png
163 KB, 1920x1080
i thought i was the only one who thought that way but i guess u and i have something in common anon
>>
>>679223728
I didn't say that you should care about it, but I said it is the only way to give meaning to life. With immortality you will continue existing, thus everything you do has meaning as it will not be erased with out trace like everything we currently do.
>>
File: fromm.png (159 KB, 497x627) Image search: [Google]
fromm.png
159 KB, 497x627
>>679222928
Good, then we are closer to being on the same page than I previously thought.

Here's your motivation.

Infinite human potential = God

You either can be part of it, or you never will truly exist. You have been dead for billions of years, and you will remain dead for trillions more years. Eventually, due to physics repeating, you will exist again. The basic premise proceeds from the assumption that the probability of a world coming into existence exactly like our own is greater than zero (we know this because our world exists). So given infinite time (you fucking got it) you will technically live forever. I don't know exactly how this fits into life, nobody will probably ever know. But if it was possible to logically derive the existence of a "God" then wouldn't every evil psychopath just act completely good up until that point that they were judged? Things may not be as they appear to you today.

My recommendation would be to make friends with someone who does hallucinogens and find your spirit.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2016/apr/11/lsd-impact-brain-revealed-groundbreaking-images
>>
Seriously who believes that they will burn in hell or get virgins and be happy forever in heaven?
>>
>>679199272

Life isn't pointless.

Worrying about it all the time is what's pointless.
>>
File: 1460589292298.jpg (110 KB, 718x720) Image search: [Google]
1460589292298.jpg
110 KB, 718x720
>>679199272
>>
>>679199272

Because you're an uneducated twit with more meme knowledge than actual shit that matters.
>>
File: The-Egg-by-Andy-Weir.jpg (722 KB, 700x2074) Image search: [Google]
The-Egg-by-Andy-Weir.jpg
722 KB, 700x2074
>>679224082
sure but you don't know that. you just infer that based on other real life situations that are similar.

just humor me here, i don't actually believe that. i figure when you die its lights out and that's it.

but you can't ACTUALLY know. nobody has been there and come back. we still understand very little about the universe around us. we don't understand how the brain works.

what i'm saying is, there could be more to this whole thing than your waking conciousness. think hinduism, how 'you' are identical with 'everything' (atman and brahman).

i'm not asking you to believe that, just play with the idea. think about it instead of just shutting it down.
>>
kys
>>
File: bald.jpg (128 KB, 948x869) Image search: [Google]
bald.jpg
128 KB, 948x869
>>679199272
I just think about shit, weird shit and find weird shit it amuses me that's all life is just surprises it would be boring without surprises.
>>
>>679223870
But what if
>>679222014
>>
>>679223433
Move to a remote area fuck cities niggaaaaaaa
>>
File: 1460454714798.gif (2 MB, 360x414) Image search: [Google]
1460454714798.gif
2 MB, 360x414
>>679199272
I dont understand it either OP but take a look at fucking pic related doesnt that make u wanna live a few minutes longer? You just find lulz

1.lulz
2.shut the fuck up
3.and die.
>>
>>679224711
flip a coin. is it worth the gamble?
>>
>>679223651
You are a great person. Godspeed anon
Who knows maybe we'll see something cool in our life times like aliens or a AI robot war or a weird asteroid that spreads a disease and some people die.
>>
>>679199272
Life is about what you want it to be anon
Just do your thing
>>
>>679199272
You aren't
You are just 16 and angsty
I know, I also felt this way when I was 16 and angsty
>>
>>679224318
>studies show the drug could be used to reverse thought patterns society develops from birth

You mean the vice, taboo, and illness that DRIVES the economy?

We can dream.
>>
Existentialism only came to fruition because there was fuck all to do after World War II and the economy started to boom to a point where majority of the population had disposable income and no idea what the fuck to do in life. Just because our tiny brains can't come up with the answer doesn't mean one doesn't exist. All these retards running around screeching how "life is pointless" are some of the more dumber motherfuckers that were fortunate enough to be born into our lifetime. Instead of trying to figure out the next step people spend their time bitching on the god damn internet. Like I am right now, fuck you and fuck your stupid ass herd mentality, you fucking retard.
>>
>>679199272
I don't get you kinds people. If you can't find anything meaningful in life then just kill yourself you insignificant piece of shit, stop trying to be a jaded faggot
>>
>>679225164
#darwint
>>
>>679225273
Fuck off cunt not everyone is the same
>>
>>679224596
Well our personality is just a bunch of cells and chemicals, we dont have a soul thus we cant go anywhere without our body. I belive all of these stories are made up to make people feel good and dont revolt, and thats a real thing in Hinduism to keep the lowest ranks calm and keep cleaning shit all their life.
>>
>>679225164
Check when existentialism and nihilism started its like 19th century.
>>
>>679199272
Try and survive in another country it is better than being rich in your western country. go to Isreal or Paistan or Mexico and try and survive and find a nice place to sleep and eat and have fun and talk
>>
If you need a purpose, set a goal for yourself and achieve it. Rinse and repeat.
>>
File: 1456717379165.jpg (70 KB, 480x608) Image search: [Google]
1456717379165.jpg
70 KB, 480x608
>>679225524
>>
>>679225687

Check the definition of fruition, friend.

Fruition=/=conceived.
>>
File: 1457583687974.jpg (1 MB, 2963x4192) Image search: [Google]
1457583687974.jpg
1 MB, 2963x4192
>>679199272
I feel the exact same way man. I don't know if I'm depressed or what, but I just feel that no matter what I do there is no point at the end. Doing anything, even if you enjoy it. It drives me mad sometimes man and when I tell people they say I'm just depressed. I don't know what to do honestly...
>>
>>679199272
It's a perspective thing, I guess. Make the most out of your shitty existence and enjoy the good that happens to you, at least that way you can reflect on the cool stuff you did before you die.

It's funny that you bring that up though, because I just think everything is a simulation and that death isn't even real and nothing really even matters. Hell for all I know, I'm just going to die and be born again without any memory of my last life, and become the same exact person and probably have different experiences.
>>
>>679225136
>maybe we'll see something cool in our life times like aliens or a AI robot war or a weird asteroid that spreads a disease and some people die.
Stop waiting. You are living on at a awsome time.
>>
File: try.gif (873 KB, 325x203) Image search: [Google]
try.gif
873 KB, 325x203
>>679225524
yeah you're not getting what i'm saying here.

it doesn't matter who is right, okay? i agree, the brain creates the mind. you can destroy regions of the brain and lose memories, your personality, etc. so logically, if the whole thing gets destroyed you go with it.

that being said, you can't know more than what you directly experience. for all you know, you could be a brain in a vat. fundamentally, all sensations your brain receives are electrical impulses from nerve endings throughout your body. your brain could be hooked up to a 'perfect' simulation and all stimuli could be delivered externally through electrodes.

that's probably not the case but you can't know because there's no way to find out.

just like when you die, PROBABLY nothing happens, but you can't know for sure. that uncertainty is what i'm referring to.

try some sort of psychedelic drug if you get the chance. mushrooms are the best because a tab of acid can be anything. you're really missing out if you go your whole life without having the real psychedelic experience. not trying to sell you on it, i'm just saying are you comfortable dying without knowing what its like?
>>
>>679226297
Your perspective is shit
>>
>>679225970
I know exactly how you feel anon. Next comes the antidepressants to help you not think about it and help you go back to sleep so you can waste away wasting time with everyone else, watching TV and getting excited about celebrities and sports, etc.
>>
It is indeed meaningless, but it's better to enjoy and love life for its lack of purpose (which ultimately gives us freedom) than just mourning at the fact that there isn't a point to anything.

No one belongs anywhere, No one exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Now go out there and live, goddammit.
>>
>>679226349
>I don't know anything
>try shrooms

This guy sounds reasonable
>>
>>679226347
Life is waiting. Waiting for work to end, waiting for the movie to start, waiting for your kids to grow up, waiting to die. We're all just waiting for something.
>>
File: care8th.png (2 MB, 1269x719) Image search: [Google]
care8th.png
2 MB, 1269x719
>>679225159
Yeah it drives the evil statist economy of oppression and misery. We live under slavery. Once we are free, we have literally infinite potential.
>>
>>679226349
Maybe there is something other than pure nothingness, i cant judge well because all of the afterlife things originate in religion and no real explanation, i would like to try lsd but its like VERY illegal in here, i mean really anything involved even with weed is a crime. Even alcohol is half-restricted.
>>
>>679226944
kek
>>
>>679226349
It doesn't fucking matter. Yeah you're dead for a while, and it could be 10 quadrillion years, you wouldn't know the difference. Eventually you will live the same life again if you trap yourself into repetition. The you that you think you are is really made up of a lie, and yes that will die in time. But if you are willing to embrace that everything you know is a lie and be reborn empirically you might just save yourself from the infinite loop of misery.
>>
>>679199272
You dont need to buddy, if your that far along in the fuck it sceme... well try to make the world better for the hopefull. May they feel a joy you cannot even ponder anymore. Its the closest you will get, ensuring somone elses happyness ...let purer mouths laugh, that you gave them chance to... the closest thing to willing the sound yourself.
>>
>>679226944
Dude its fucking middle east!
>>
File: 1458719849150.jpg (90 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1458719849150.jpg
90 KB, 500x500
>>679227060
Ya don't have to go full foil on me. Once we are free we literally become slobs. It is only the tightening chains of oppression that force our hand in advancing.
>>
>>679226812
>Now go out there and live, goddammit
This goes back to hedonism though. Have fun while you can, feel free to die when its no longer fun. I understand how you get there but it doesn't seem right, seems like we are just trying to distract ourselves with pleasure and giving our lives purpose with hope that there might be pleasure in the future when we don't currently have it.
>>
File: 1251 RoF.gif (235 KB, 276x268) Image search: [Google]
1251 RoF.gif
235 KB, 276x268
>>679227151
that really sucks that you don't have access to psychedelic drugs.

i don't agree with other drug use-- opiates, alcohol, stimulants. they can be used safely sure but its very easy to damage yourself with them.

psychedelics are like something else entirely. its like explaining a color to a blind person. you can sort of get the idea across but unless somebody has tried them they won't actually understand what the fuck you're talking about.

trust me when i say its worth the experience.

>>679227507
who knows! maybe the Christians got it right. maybe the fucking Romans got it right.

yeah i know enough about religion to understand the concept of samsara and spiritual liberation, but at the end of the day you're going on faith.
>>
>>679227623
No offense meant, habeeb.
>>
>>679228026
not arab though
>>
>>679228209
Suck a dick, jamal
>>
>>679199272
don't expext anything. just enjoy it
>>
>>679199272
dude i get it i studied philosophy for a while and yes it is so just do some drugs a say fuck it and try to have a laugh cause in the end happiness is the only thing truly worth pursuing
>>
>>679229382
Best advice whole thread.
>>
>>679229646
>in the end happiness is the only thing truly worth pursuing
this nigga know what hes talking about.
>>
File: 1456553873655.jpg (33 KB, 500x551) Image search: [Google]
1456553873655.jpg
33 KB, 500x551
Bump for usefulness
>>
File: 1456725554729.png (698 KB, 714x591) Image search: [Google]
1456725554729.png
698 KB, 714x591
Bumpa
>>
File: 1456879485818.jpg (18 KB, 300x248) Image search: [Google]
1456879485818.jpg
18 KB, 300x248
>>
File: 1459569115443.jpg (116 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1459569115443.jpg
116 KB, 500x375
>>
>>679231080
>>679232002
>>679232198
Let the thread die with dignity, oh great philosopher.
>>
>>679231080

>that pic

It's not beautiful for having been broken, asshole, it's beautiful only if you have the money to buy and smelt gold on a whim and pour it on random shit and then call it beautiful.

I could just as well pour gold over a literal piece of excrement and call it art. Because the gold crust would somehow "enhance" the imperfections in the shit cracks. It wouldn't be as beautiful if I used fucking cement or superglue, would it, fucktard?

It's all rich people activities passing themselves off as some universal artistic metaphysical truth.
Of course a broken thing is going to be "beautiful" if I can just buy something more beautiful and exotic and combine it with the first thing. That hardly requires any actual creative energy or endeavor, does it?

Repairing pottery with gold.. Jesus. Why not just throw it away and invest the gold into something useful, if your pockets are just overflowing with excess gold.

No wonder it came from China, those degenerate self-absorbed Yuang dunasty cunts. Literal Mongoloids.
>>
£€¥∆
>>
File: 1458720849127.png (169 KB, 608x402) Image search: [Google]
1458720849127.png
169 KB, 608x402
>>679232932
>>
>>679232989
Ervribudi liks triangles mang. Ava triangle bruh.
>>
>>679206403
Because it doesn't involve direct goals.
>>
>>679233746

Could you phrase that a little more coherently for me, love?
>>
>>679207817
Think of it this way. The art isn't the distraction its all the other bullshit that keeps you from doing art.
>>
>>679234177
Mind = blown
>>
>>679207880
You forgot to mention that you have to love yourself.
>>
>>679226601
Damn son, I just got roasted
Thread replies: 206
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.