[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It amazes me that people with so much in their favor can be so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 15
File: s.jpg (198 KB, 957x956) Image search: [Google]
s.jpg
198 KB, 957x956
It amazes me that people with so much in their favor can be so weak. This attractive guy with a good-looking girlfriend recently killed himself while an unattractive kissless virgin like me would never even consider doing the same.
>>
File: s2.jpg (72 KB, 653x653) Image search: [Google]
s2.jpg
72 KB, 653x653
Here he is with his girlfriend. She's not AAA, but I would think busting a nut in her would dispel any negative thoughts.
>>
>>678574885

Having advantages in life doesn't make existence less empty, dumbass
>>
Do you really think being a hot body with another hot body on your arm is all it takes? Insecure faggot
>>
I'm with you OP. Fuck these other faggots here
>>
>>678575336
He was fairly successful from what I can gather. Was going to school and getting a degree. Had things going well for him and he offs himself while homeless people keep truckin'.
>>
>>678574885

>implying that you're not just too much of a pussy to take your own life and trying to justify it by attempting to feel superior to someone who had the balls to end himself
>>
Who is he
>>
Honesty who cares?
>>
>>678575543
you NEVER know what's going on in someone's head. Just because he's attractive and has a good looking girlfriend doesn't mean he's happy. in his head he could've been a miserable fuck
>>
>>678575576
>had the balls to end himself

Haha, it's those most cowardly thing you can do.
>>
>>678575576

>anticipating underrated post

wut
>>
>>678575543

Well he was probably being coddled by mommy and daddy and thought about the fact he had to grow up after school.
>>
>>678575729

Yep. My bro was a total poonhound, not the best looking but had mad game. Didn't stop him from putting a shotgun in his mouth
>>
Well, less attractive competition now for you. Kind of like those really good looking gays guys. WTF are you complaining about?!
>>
>>678575807
oh really? to look into that black abyss and jump in, not knowing if you'll be going to heaven or hell or just blinking out of existence, is cowardly?
>>
Depression is a weird thing man, its not a fucking contest on who has the shittier life. You could have a great life, great family, amazing friends, amazing sex life ect, but be miserable. It's not because life "isnt good enough" its more of you feel like you're not good enough for life. Shits weird man
>>
>>678575729
People need a reason to be sad, and seems like he has none or at least way less than some people who aren't pussies who'll end themselves because life's hard sometimes.
>>
>>678576175
Yes, escaping your problems instead of dealing with them is cowardly.
>>
>>678576175
I think you mean taking 'running away from your problems' to a whole new level.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (37 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
37 KB, 460x276
The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven
>>
>>678576236
no, you don't

people that are depressed feel sad for no reason at all
>>
File: kurt.jpg (126 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
kurt.jpg
126 KB, 620x620
hai guise
>>
>>678576236

So being hot and being in the university system (more an expectation than an achievement nowadays) == no reasons to be sad?
>>
>>678575807

No, the most cowardly thing you can do is kill someone in their sleep

Regardless of your views on suicide, that you're trying to express some sort of superiority over a person with mental issues bad enough that they took their own life is low as fuck and you being too much of a coward to kill yourself is a shame because spineless rats like you don't deserve to live :^)
>>
>>678576519

hi kurt
>>
>>678576367
>>678576421

and if the "problem" is in your own mind? and if all the therapy and drugs in the world don't make you feel better? then what? you just keep living because other people think you're cowardly if you choose to exit? wow what a way to live
>>
>>678576506
There's drugs for that you know.
>>
>>678576782

Yeah, pretty much.
Better to suffer for years than have anyone talk poorly about you after you're gone, right?
>>
>>678576527
to 17 year old fat hopeless ugly neckbeards on 4chan, yes
>>
>All the normies in here who havent experienced depression and dont know how hopeless it makes you feel

Get the fuck out
>>
>>678576519
Sorry courtney killed ya fam
>>
>>678576814
read what i fucking wrote you illiterate fuckwit, what if the drugs don't help?
>>
>>678576814

>implying SSRIs are 100% effective and that there aren't a multitude that work different ways depending on an individual's specific brain chemistry

wew lad
>>
>>678576782
Things could always get better. When you kill yourself, you affect everyone you left behind while not having to experience any pain yourself. It's selfish.
>>
>>678574885
holy shit, you're shallow OP

I bet you even think having sex will "turn your life around"

you still wake up the next morning with the same problems and mindset. sure it's nice but you don't become a different person or anything
>>
>>678576782

No you repress it and develop a drinking habit like normal people

If you kill yourself when you're young and have plenty of tools to turn your life around then yes, you are a selfish coward
>>
fuck that faggot. All i need in life is a house, a girlfriend, and a hobby and ill always be happy. I wish i knew how to obtain these things
>>
>>678576899
Fucking this, I hate when people pretend to have any real empathy when they have no idea.
>>
>>678574885
Pretty average face just a nice body.
>>
>>678577159
"selifish" to whom? aren't the people wanting you to live and suffer just so they don't have to miss you when you're gone being the selfish ones?
>>
People like this are weak inside. Like the old jewish proverb.

"He who has it all (Sustenance), has none."
Its truly sad that he did that. I hope he will find the way in the here-after.
>>
>>678577122
if i got to have sex once in awhile then nothing could ever get me down. i know from experience. I was always happy till the pussy well dried up
>>
>>678577073
oh stfu with this seflish bullshit. who cares? when you're suffering who the fuck cares if a few people will think you're selfish? fucking bleeding heart faggots
>>
>>678577073

Things could always get worse, too. What if you have no one to leave behind? Is it not selfish to expect someone to suffer just because you want them to live for whatever reason?
>>
>>678576964
Get different drugs, and keep trying until they work. Mental therapy. Talk to your girlfriend. It's important to keep trying and remember the people you would leave behind.
>>
>>678577325

How is it selfish to want someone you love to be alive and happy for as long as possible?

Jesus Christ you are an autistic fuck aren't ypou?
>>
>>678574885
Where's HIS memorial page?
>>
>>678574885
He probably found out she was cucking him with some nigger.
He looks like he was a douche anyways.
>>
>>678577507
and if after all that, nothing helps?

then what?
>>
File: OhHitlerYouDog-88666.jpg (41 KB, 400x331) Image search: [Google]
OhHitlerYouDog-88666.jpg
41 KB, 400x331
>>678577332
>>
>>678577122

Not that guy but there is a HUGE difference between having zero sex, and having great sex constantly. It starts to change you mentally.

Anyway fuck this thread it is clearly bait
>>
>>678577525
it's selfish to want someone to live in agony just because they have feelings for you, yes
>>
>>678577485
It's not about people thinking you are selfish, it's about being selfish. One can live with their own sadness and create happiness for others.
>>
>>678577487
Someone else being selfish doesn't make you not selfish. Stealing from a greedy man is still stealing.
>>
>>678577525
haven't you ever heard someone say "well at least he isn't suffering any longer" after someone passes that had a terminal illness?

that's someone NOT being selfish and thinking of the hell the person was going through that died.

fuck off
>>
>>678576814
>have depression
>put on lexapro by doc
>warning that it could make everything worse
>attempted suicide

lel. confirmed 12 years old and knows nothing about the world yet. have some empathy, brother. shit's what helped me in the long run. I lost that for a while.

>>678577073
>it's selfish

contemplating suicide isn't "my life is sad, might as well end it". I'm sure it's different for everyone, but from my experience, it was more of "I'm a burden on everyone around me, everyone's life would be better if I wasn't here," etc. you have a very childish mindset when it comes to these things. again, have some empathy my man. understand that others' minds don't work like yours. compassion = wisdom
>>
We're glorified ants who've been eclipsed by our own technology. There's probably not a god, and most everyone who measures your worth will do so based on what biology and cultural conditioning have deemed "good enough." Everything you do is traceable back to the basic animal paradigm of "acquire resources, be the most fuckable," and everything you enjoy is a consequence of that.

And you still defend clinging to life because... why, exactly? I guess if you worship some rando because you're insecure and he's pretty, it's easier to call him a coward than it is to realize even the dude you admired couldn't find a reason to stick around.
>>
>ITT: Anons discuss how to fill the empty hole/ Deal with depression

When someone finds the cure let us know
>>
>>678577967

I love how you point out an extreme example to try to prove your bullshit point

Just kill yourself
>>
>>678577843
Why doesn't matter if you're "being" selfish if you're dead? You're dead. You're not anything anymore. All that's left is what people remember of you, and if they think you're selfish then who cares? You don't obviously, because you're dead.
>>
>>678578173
I love how all you can come back with is "kill yourself"
>>
File: 93992468.jpg (51 KB, 540x404) Image search: [Google]
93992468.jpg
51 KB, 540x404
TFW - even at my "peak", I'll still always be a loser/virgin. Too hideous...
>>
>>678577753
I'm not saying it's never the right call, but if you are brave you would fight on for those who care about you. If there is no one left, then you may off yourself. He had a girlfriend and family, and I'm sure they were devastated.
>>
>>678578249

Don't listen to him, you'll be selfish if you do kill yourself
>>
>>678578249

Ya because you should kill yourself we have enough faggots around already
>>
>>678574885
It's literally a chemical imbalance in the brain. Doesn't matter how attractive you are, how much money you have, or if you have a girl or not.

Kurt Cobain had everything, but he still offed himself.
>inb4 Courtney did it
>>
>>678577643

Sadly, this is what America is coming to. Very soon, it will be sand-niggers. White women are destroying our nation.
>>
>>678578284
If it makes you feel any better, Ive got the looks to not be a loser but I still am just pathetic as you. Were both gonna die alone
>>
>>678578392

>there's only room enough for one huge faggot and that's me
>>
>>678578431
Too late

>>678576932
>>
>>678578392
oh but that'd be selfish! wouldn't want to be selfish would i??? i'd hate to be dead and be selfish!
>>
>>678578505

>calls someone else a faggot
>makes a thread about another man he doesn't know killing himself

When did you realize you like dicks?
>>
>>678578777
Trips confirms. Killing yourself is selfish.
>>
>>678574885
There's no way you knew of all his thoughts and circumstances. Even people with money kill themselves. Success isn't largely in possessions, but in attitude.
>>
>>678574885
If you have nothing to lose, then another failure on top of your life wouldn't mean that much would it?
>>
All you preteen faggots defending some guy who killed himself

>woe is me, I have problems and my brain makes me unhappy even though I have a family that loves me, a standard of living and a bright future

If you really feel that way then fucking kill yourselves. Otherwise, shut up and grow up. There's is never any justification for committing suicide besides terminal illness. You are incredibly selfish to think that your depression gives you enough of a reason to hurt everyone else in your life. You're fucking scum.
>>
>>678578500
How's that happen, man? What is it that prevents you from being with someone?
>>
Life's brutally imperfect and chaotic. OP.
Ruminating about menial occurrences like this solves absolutely nothing.
>>
>>678574885
Name?
>>
>>678578803
Y'know more than just OP can hold a similar opinion and post in a thread...
>>
>>678578803

I thought I was responding to the guy who was saying shit about suicide being selfish calling someone else a faggot, but to answer your question I realized it when I first saw Linetrap's cock
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 680x510) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 680x510
>>678578989
Calm down buddy, I'm on your side and that hurt to read.
>>
>>678578989

go fuck yourself, he had every right to kill himself.

>You are incredibly selfish to think that your depression gives you enough of a reason to hurt everyone else in your life.

And you are selfish for thinking you can control someone else's life.
>>
>>678579062
I wish I had an answer for you but sadly I think im condemned to be alone on this earth until I keel over and die.
>>
File: 1460005079330.png (1 MB, 644x1000) Image search: [Google]
1460005079330.png
1 MB, 644x1000
when you go through life on easy mode any little setback seems like the end of the world.
>>
>>678575119
>receding chin
>short weird skull
>bug eyed
>attractive
LOL op are you trolling us
this bitch is probably why he killed himself
>>
I will only accept suicide as malignant selfishness when scientists discover how to ask people for their consent to be born
>>
>>678579646
Kek, I agree with all the flaws you listed, but she's still more attractive than anyone I could obtain. He could have easily gotten better too.
>>
>>678578179
This fucking post.
A+ anon
>>
>>678579612
It probably goes like this:
You are scared of opening up yourself to another for fear of being hurt and rejected. You also fear hurting others once you've become intimate and loose that someone special.

I feel you. I'm that guy too. Fuck that jazz, I've gotta go out there and get myself a chick, even if it hurts me.
>>
>>678576236
based on this post alone, I know for a fact that you have absolutely zero understanding of what depression is and how it affects people.

I would tell you to kill yourself but you're clearly lucky enough to not be cursed with depression so instead I will say fuck you faggot, be glad I dont know who you are irl
>>
>>678580057
To be honest despite my emo fag words of wisdom, I still have hope Ill find some qt to be with someday but waiting is hard.
>>
>>678576236

You don't need a reason anon. I have a decent family, wife, friends that care, no real financial or medical problems, but mostly I find life unfulfilling.
>>
>>678579612
>condemned to be alone
Try seeing it as liberating, as wizardly as that seems.
>>
>>678580613
It would be liberating if hope wasn't picking into my brain every time a new girl tried to talk to me.
>>
>>678580059
They have drugs and therapy for that. If that doesn't work, you keep going for the people that care about you and pray that somebody figures out how to fix you.
>>
>>678580831
That's easier to get rid of when you start holding women in contempt.
Somebody taught me that and it's been a lot easier to keep a safe distance.
>>
>>678578346
shut the fuck up faggot, you dont understand depression at all
this is the same as someone who only knows how to make simple batch files coming and trying to tell a bunch of c++ gurus how they should code their shit

fuck off and dont talk about things you have no understanding of

sometimes drugs just dont do anything, sometimes therapy just doesnt help
sometimes the only thing that helps is ceasing to exist
its not cowardly, maybe its selfish, but every person is born alone and dies alone so every person is entitled to selfishness
>>
lol this suicide feels thread is way too supportive and positive. I thought this was 4chan. The fuck is wrong with you? Y'all fags?
>>
>>678576519
Hey guys look, it's Kurt Nirvana
>>
>>678574885
How'd he do it OP?
>>
>>678574885

Who is that?

How much do you know about him?

Maybe he was schizo or had PTSD?

Maybe he was unhappy and got really drunk or high or both? Being fucked up can lead people to make some shitty decisions.

Looks like he was probably a sniper.
>>
>>678581048
>>678581048
It's cowardly because it's selfish. You can argue that you're entitled to be selfish, but you are still hurting the people you care about because you'd rather they feel pain than you.
>>
>>678581383
Well I guess it just goes to show at some point the "4chan" facade can't conceal how miserable we all are.
>>
>>678576899
this
/thread
gtfo if you dont know what it feels like to have your mind constantly telling you to just kill yourself without any real reason
>>
>>678577073
>Suicide is selfish
It is selfish and ignorant to demand that another persist in a life of emptiness and suffering just because you'd prefer it if they "stick around". Life is not a gift for everyone on this planet, and it does not always just "get better".

Responses like yours moreso reveal ignorance, or perhaps even that you are attempting to hide the fact that *your own life* is not guaranteed to be good. You are actually doing some kind of reverse projection, trying to convince yourself that *your* life is worth sticking around for. People who say suicide is selfish are usually in denial about how empty and fulfilling their own lives are.
>>
At this point you're literally holding someone's life socially hostage. On an analogical note, imagine if someone had an infinite sandwich. And every day this person would share a bit of his sandwich with the people he cared about. One day, this guy this guy decides that he's tired of having this sandwich and throws it away. Is he being selfish? No. That was his sandwich. Not their sandwich.
>>
>>678577409
then you're a shallow fuckwit who has no place talking about depression
there are ways for you to get pussy
dress up, clean up, and work on your talking game
but dont come here and tell people about shit you dont understand
>>
>>678581502
I don't actually know.

>>678581599
He's just a friend of some people I know. It does seem he had PTSD; he was in the Marines. SAW gunner.
>>
>>678582101
See >>678577865
>>
>>678581847
Well spoken! Yeah, I think we all know it's a facade. Something to fill the void that forever torments us.
>>
>>678575576
>cowards way out
>>
>>678578989
> I compensate for the meaninglessness and drudgery of my own life, and my own lack of emotional and basic intelligence, by telling myself that suicide is evil and bad and never justifiable. If I were truly to try to understand suffering, I could not handle it. I am fundamentally insecure.
>>
I don't know why any of you would want to be in a relationship if you can't be happy on your own first, sure it's nice to have someone to talk to but you're better off getting a bro to real talk with completely sober or maybe sipping on a beer not drunk other drugs tend to lighten a serious mood which us the opposite of what you want when you need really talk. romantic relationships come and go font depend on them to turn your life around
>>
>>678577820
>>678577967
fucking this

>>678578173
and neither of those are "extreme" examples, they're things that happen EVERY single fucking day you imbecile
>>
>>678577865
>>678582361
See
>>678582272
>>
>>678582541

>a euphemism derived by a society with close ties to Christian morality that has always shunned suicide

n1 m8
>>
>>678582638
A sandwich is infinitely less valuable than a human life. Poor analogy.
>>
>>678577865
That's a horrible fucking analogy.
No else is responsible for living your life.
You want to know what's really selfish?
Not letting someone end their suffering because you can't stand the thought of them not providing whatever they provided for you in life is fucking selfish
>>
>>678582316

I was in the Marines as well.

This shit happens more often than a lot of people realize and there's obviously a reason for it other than "I'm fit, have a hot gf, and what appears to be a happy life".
>>
>>678581694
I would refer you to >>678578179
and then I would tell you to fuck off because once again, you dont understand depression
>>
>>678583174
You seem to miss the point. Everyone is selfish for wanting you to live, but you are still selfish for putting them through the pain of your loss.
>>
im a kissless virgin and think about suicide everyday, if it werent for these wizard powers id be all out of hope :^)
>>
>>678582977
An infinite sandwich is much more valuable than a human life considering the fact that it could potentially save an infinite amount of people living in starvation. Poor contextual perception
>>
He was a marine who served in Afghanistan. Had pretty bad PTSD. Grow up fucktard
>>
>>678583442
Just because you don't care that you are a coward, doesn't make you not a coward. I'm not arguing that he's not better off now, I'm saying he was weak to run from his problems at the expense of his friends and family.
>>
>>678576175
Easy there, Evanescence!
>>
>>678574885
Yes bcs only problems a person could have are thinking of how one looks and dose he have a gf.
>>
>>678583591
In that case, throwing away the sandwich would be absurdly selfish.
>>
>>678578989
>telling people to kill themselves
>explaining why they shouldn't
people like you are the reason some people develop depression
>you are the real problem
you should kill YOURself instead
>>
>>678583448
You miss the point. Remove the stupid selfishness of the other people, and there is nothing binding the suffering person to life. The problem is the selfish people forbidding suicide. If those people *actually* cared, they would not force a suffering person to persist in their pain. Society is selfish, not the suicidal.
>>
>>678574885
Just because you have things going for you on the outside, doesnt mean things are going for you on the inside. I was going to school, had a girl that was way too hot for me, worked out every day almost, great friends. Life looked great on the outside. But on the inside I wanted to die every day.
Literally had a gun in my mouth.
The only reason I didn't was because of my family.
Now Im happier than ever and Im glad I didn't pull the trigger.
>>
>>678583992
You can't control the fucking people. Even if they are being selfish, you are still hurting them by killing yourself. You are still hurting them, even if they are selfish.
>>
>>678583889
>You were never obligated to share your sandwich
>throwing away the sandwich and keeping it to yourself are completely different.
Yeah, selfish
>>
>>678584322
Well I can agree suicide hurts people. But now you have moved the goalposts, because we were arguing whether suicide is selfish. Just because people don't like a behaviour doesn't mean doing that behaviour is selfish. People can be stupid.
>>
>>678584507
Just because you don't have to, doesn't mean you shouldn't. It's called being a good person and sacrificing your own release for other people's happiness.
>>
>>678583174

This is such a fucking stupid thing to say.

>everyone is selfish for not letting you end your suffering

The reason this is backwards and idiotic is because in 99% of cases (pretty much all unless you're being held in someone's basement and tortured everyday) you're percieved "suffering" is almost never something worth ending your life over and is almost always something that with enough time and help from friends, family, and professionals can be worked through.

There are a shit load of suicide survivors who will tell you this. Letting someone kill themselves without trying to help them is an incredibly shitty thing to do to someone you care about.

It's sort of like if one of your friends is hanging on the ledge of a cliff and you choose not to extend your hand to help save him even if there's only a chance you can make a difference.
>>
>>678584755
>Being a good person is being a slave.
>>
Just saying. It takes a set of nuts to kill yourself. That's just my opinion .
>>
>>678580861
stop talking, holy shit
every time you post you just make it even more painfully clear you dont understand what depression is like
just fuck off with all that "muh loving family" "muh morals" "muh drugs" bullshit

clearly anyone in this thread is still here and hasnt gone to that extreme yet, probably for reasons you listed, but that doesnt mean you get to come and lecture people how they "should" live when you have no clue how it is
>>
the thing i don't understand is why not at least do something epic before an heroing
>>
>>678584739
>suicide hurts people

those people are selfish for wanting you to stay here suffering. also, why the fuck would i care about anything going on here if im dead floating in heaven lmao
>>
>>678584855
>I blame everything on Jews
>>
>>678584739
It's selfish because it hurts people. That's it. Even if you are going through pain, if you decide to relieve yourself of that pain at the expense of those you care about, you are being selfish.
>>
>>678584855
What?
>>
>>678584805
>99% of cases
Actually, 55% of those who commit suicides make multiple attempts.

> almost always something that with enough time and help from friends, family, and professionals can be worked through

Many who commit suicide do not have these things. Also, the "everything can be worked through" meme. How deluded and idealistic are you?
>>
>>678585252
>It's called being a good person and sacrificing your own release for other people's happiness.

Persist in a life of suffering to keep other people happy. The literal definition of slavery. By your logic, being a slave is an ethical and good life choice.
>>
>>678584977
Or selflessness brought them to the feeling of overbearing guilt from being unable to help. If you had an 8 year old sister that showed no signs of anything nor talked about it suffocated herself would it be selfish to be emotionally fucked?
>>
>>678585472
Sorry I meant that fo
r>>678585095
>>
>>678584929
I'm saying that if people care about you, the brave thing to do would be to hold out and make them happy by staying alive.
>>
>>678584977
>floating in heaven
You can't actually believe that. This is your one life your only existence, so do as much of it as you can.

Even if there were a Heaven/Hell, suicide would definitely send you to Hell. Can't let people game the system.
>>
>>678585101
Everytime you post on 4chan, you hurt an SJW. Guess you are selfish.

It isn't selfish to do something just because it hurts someone. Especially when the hurt is only caused by a false or unfair belief in the person being "hurt".
>>
>>678585617
Ah, no worries.
>>
>>678585583
why would you even care? she was 8, her brain wasnt even fully developed yet, she probably saw or heard about suicide in some movie or on the internet and felt "sad" that her friend stopped talking to her or some stupid shit.

you have to look at things objectively, which many people lack the ability to do.
>>
>>678585726
It's selfish because you care about them.
>>
lulz too fucking logical and metaphysical. I'm outta here.
>>
>>678585617
>I hold true to Nihilistic principles even though its founder was an anti-Semitic twerp who failed to get laid and degenerated like a bitch

Sure that alpha mentality cultivates tons of social support
>>
>>678576814
The best you can hope for is that they help you cope. The drugs don't magically fix anything
>>
>>678585472
People force you to be a slave. Chosing to work for free would be a very kind thing to do.
>>
>>678585726
kek and you fucking care about SJWs like you care about your relatives? What are you? A cuck?
>>
>>678585720
>"This is your one life your only existence"
>he actually thinks he knows what the fuck is going on in this world

lol funny guy. for all you know when i die, i get reincarnated into The Rock, or i fly off into space and hangout with immortal aliens, or i wake up from the simulation and go whoa guys that was crazy you should try it! shutup idiot.
>>
it doesnt take much once you reach a level of despair to be willing to terminate yourself.
>>
>>678582828
fuck Christianity
I blame being brainwashed as a child for being one of the major factors leading to my depression
>>
>>678586058
I guess you can't see the basic point, or are just trolling. Oh well.
>>
>>678585940
That's the idea.
>>
>>678586074
But there being no afterlife is just as probable, dumbass. Please kill yourself for your "chance" to become a bird already.
>>
>>678586392
youre seriously retarded. literally anything could happen after you die, no one has any idea what any of this is, retard. in fact its even more probable its all a simulation if you pay attention to modern science, but even that is iffy.
>>
>>678584322
two wrongs dont make a right dumbass

you're selfish for wanting to end suffering, and they're selfish for wanting you to endure the pain

how are you not getting this???
they cancel each other out dumbass
>>
>>678585912
I honestly have no idea who you're talking about, but if you think that whoever you're quoting is wrong because they couldn't stick their finger in a pussy then fuck man
Newtonian mechanics
Universal gravitation
Calculus
Newton's laws of motion
Optics Binomial series
Principia Newton's method
Are all null because Newton was a beta ass berry picking virgin.
>>
>>678576881
Happiness is a choice and so is being fat. Eat healthy and decide to be happy.
>>
>>678585842
Okay mr.edgelord
>>
>>678586556
There is no reason to believe in any hypothesis, as there is no evidence for any of them. As such, one should stick with the default logical position that nothing happens after you die.
>>
>>678586556
>literally anything could happen after you die
But only one thing does happen and that could be nothing. You're going to take that chance? What if everyone who commits suicide gets ass fucked with a spike for all eternity? But, naw, you claimed you would be floating in Heaven.
>>
>>678585851

They're selfish, because they care more about the person sticking around than the suicide's suffering. Their selfish demands are the only thing making the suicide's actions selfish, ergo the suicide is not selfish in-and-of-itself.
>>
>>678586605
They don't cancel each other out. Everyone is guilty, including you. Them being guilty, doesn't make you innocent.
>>
>>678586623
Humility is voluntary and most self-sacrificial are gratified by their actions because they genuinely enjoy making others happy instead of ruthlessly exploiting them then striking their wife because there no holds bar king of the planet.
He was wrong, but not like I have to adhere to meaningless systems of reasoning anymore.
>>
>>678583723
oh my fucking god, you still dont get it
just stop, you will never understand unless you get to the place he was at
he's less of a coward than you ever will be, for reasons that you simply do not comprehend for whatever reason
stop using words you dont understand
>>
>>678577159
What if you had a sick dog? The vet told you his time was almost up, put him down now or let him suffer it out, let him die in peace or keep him suffering because you want him around? Sure, keep him alive, but when he wags his tail or even just looks at you, he still wishes he was that same old happy dog, he wants to be, but he's just not.

So if it's selfish to keep the dog suffering for your own enjoyment of company then why would it be different for someone who is truly so low drugs counselling or other treatments have no effect? Why should they have to suffer trying to cope with it for your enjoyment of company? Sounds to me like they should have an option to end the suffering but selfish people like you want them to rot and wither away until they die naturally because someone might miss them.
>>
>>678586829
thats your default position lol. mine is i fly into outer space and hangout with immortal aliens

>>678587000
>this guy still thinks he knows what happens after you die

lmao you are sad m8

>>678586788
you probably arent even thinking about why you'd be said if your 8 yr old sister suicided. if you knew why, then you would realize its not a big deal. theres 7 billion people on this planet. your 8 yr old sister decided to kill herself wow yes its so sad youll never get to see her grow up and get a job and work for 60 years and get married and then die as well. im so sad for your loss, oh i didnt even know her? i mean ill just tell you im sad i guess since at the end of the day i dont really give a fuck, oh im so edgy because someone i didnt know killed herself. sure its sad, or its just nature taking its place. her brain chemistry was broken so she offed herself.
>>
>>678586605
>>678587047

The person committing suicide can be completely absolved of selfishness, at least in the case his suffering is strong enough and persistent enough. His act is harmful only if those who care about him are incapable of understanding his suffering.

This is the same reason why people choosing to be euthanized are not selfish, but the 'life is sacred' Christian fanatics are.
>>
>>678587021
No, you can't just say, "if they weren't selfish, your action wouldn't be selfish, therefore it's not selfish." You are selfish because they are selfish, but you are still selfish regardless. You should be equally against both parties, but for whatever reason you favour the one who commits suicide. Everyone is guilty.
>>
>>678585268

>Actually, 55% of those who commit suicides make multiple attempts.

I think you misunderstood my point which was in most cases the reason people kill themselves is not a good enough reason to warrant such a drastic action.

>Many who commit suicide do not have these things. Also, the "everything can be worked through" meme. How deluded and idealistic are you?

I'll give you that soke people may not have access to all those resources but there are many free suicide hotlines/websites and saying that a lot of people have absolutely no one to turn to, be it friends, family, or whomever seems a bit extreme to me.

>everything can be worked out meme

It's not a "meme", there are many people who have contemplated suicide and not gone through with it, attempted it, or gotten help and realized that killing themselves was a pretty poor plan who can attest to that.

Are you saying that in the majority of suicide cases the reason that people justified ending their life was valid enough for such a permanent solution?

Anyway my original point was people who try to help individuals struggling with suicidal thoughts are not being selfish by trying to save their life.
>>
>>678587467
>No, you can't just say, "if they weren't selfish, your action wouldn't be selfish, therefore it's not selfish."

Yes, you can. See >>678587456
>>
>>678587455
?
My point is that YOU don't know as no one knows, but YOU still claimed that suicide would put you in a positive place. I personally believe that you return to where you were before you were born.
>>
>>678587069
I simply have to disagree with you. Your example seems extremely biased. Sause on the guy you're trying to quote would be nice
>>
>>678578989
Maybe we kill you instead
>>
>>678587775
If life actually was sacred, you would be being selfish. They are only selfish because they are wrong.
>>
File: 1454881970393.jpg (59 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1454881970393.jpg
59 KB, 720x960
>>678574885
i used to fuck his mom
she'd come over every once in awhile while her kid was staying at college.
she'd get naked as soon as she came in, put on her favorite song and start fucking me while crying. she said the song reminded her of raising her child, and motherhood. she told me it reminded her of how much she missed her child. it made her and me cum buckets.

this was the song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVI4Knz24CQ
>>
>>678588089
There's no getting though to this one
>>
>>678587899
So is the thought of serving others for collective benefit being compared to slavey, where some authoritarian dickhead restricts your rights and exploits you relentlessly for personal gain.
Altruism =! Parasitism
And some gangly German fuck with an inferiority complex who thought power was the end all be all gain for humanity when it's easily toppled by pleasure or meaning.
>>
>>678587764
Sounds like we don't disagree too much. Some suicide is legitimate, even if it doesn't look like it from the outside, but we shouldn't assume all suicides are legitimate, and should err on the side of caution (provide help).

The problem is when people say "the majority of suicides are selfish"--this is a selfish thought. It is not selfish to try to save the life of someone who is suicidal.
>>
>>678587886
i never claimed anything retard. i said you shouldnt be sad if someone suicides, unless they had a terribly sad situation, like constantly beat and raped and bullied and then their parents beat them or were in jail or some shit, but even then you should be sad at society, not for that one circumstance.
>>
>>678588310
No, please explain to me how hurting your family so you can absolve your own pain a brave a noble act, rather than a cowardly and weak cop out.
>>
>>678576932
underrated post
>>
>>678587455
I wasn't calling you edgy for thinking objectively but for the lack of empathy and the complete disregard for the original point that trying to help makes more sense to me being selfless rather than selfish
>>
>>678588316
serving others for collective benefit =/= slavery
suffering eternally solely to benefit others == slavery
>>
>>678588089
So you admit that labelling suicide as selfish requires the view that "life is sacred"?
>>
>>678576175
Lol you're romanticizing suicide a little much there mate.

Sure harakiri and all that killing yourself for honour is brave but taking a bunch of pills or slitting your wrists etc is just gay ass weakness. Don't be a Faggot. Suicide is for pussies it's the exact opposite of brave.
>>
>>678584805
Every word you typed, in that order, proves you have to stop posting because you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>678588951
No, life is not sacred in the Christian sense, however it is sacred because you only get one.
>>
>>678588633
youre probably talking to someone else then. all i said is 1. you dont know wtf happens after you die and 2. if someone wants to off themself, its not selfish

of course you should try to help them if you can. and its not lack of empathy. its looking at the situation realistically, instead of some romanticized existence
>>
>>678588690
Who the hell suffers eternally for the benefit of other people? Even Christ was only on the cross for three days, the rest he was overjoyed by the fact people respected his service to them and sought to reciprocate, whereas Hitler murdered millions of people then offed himself.
>>
>>678589162
unique =/= sacred
>>
>>678576195
This.

It's also a mindset/perception thing. I was heavily depressed for years. Then I made myself stop thinking like that, gave myself mini goals and stopped thinking the way I did. I could go back to that way of living easily enough, but when you get out of your comfort zone and realise there's other ways to look at things, that's your doorway out of drepression.
>>
>>678574885
Because you're to scared to do anything.... You're on 4chan remember
>>
>>678589319
>Who the hell suffers eternally for the benefit of other people
A chronically depressed person that doesn't commit suicide because everyone tells him that would be "selfish"
>>
>>678589375
Not unique, priceless. Your life is infinitely valuable, as you only get one.
>>
>>678580482
You need to switch up what you're doing. Maybe your life would be more fullfilled if you worked a trade - active all day, get to see the achievement of your hard days work, be outdoors more.

Maybe you need to ditch the wife and go whoring around europe clubs and hostels.

Whatever it is you're missing, go out and get it. And if you're not sure what it is you need, start with one of my two suggestions above.
>>
Lots of successful people - doctors, lawyers, bankers etc. - kill themselves all the time. They offer far more to society than you do but they're also used to taking action and putting thoughts into action.
>>
>>678589541
Then that is a thought distortion because those around them would be relieved by the knowledge that they're genuinely happy.
>>
>>678586346
So... You're just supposed to take the intensely lesser quality of life and be. Thankful for it? I truly hope you have a kid one day that kills itself after suffering for years. You still won't understand but it would be funny be cause you're filth.
>>
>>678589611
For the chronically depressed, their life does indeed have infinite value, that value is just negative. Perhaps the world then gains infinitely with their passing?
>>
when you're given so much from the get go you grow up weak, having to work for everything makes you strong willed
>>
>>678589859
>A chronically depressed person
>the knowledge that they're genuinely happy

Maybe you have the thought distortion, since apparently you can't even read what I wrote.
>>
>>678589890
No, you're supposed to hope they come up with a better treatment. In the mean time, you hold out and try your very hardest to get better for the people you care about.
>>
>>678590051
Most proles are just stubborn alcoholics, m8
>>
>>678588330

Yea, I agree with that and I also have a problem with people calling suicide selfish. I think very very few people kill themselves for purely selfish reasons or just to get attention.

>>678589156

Ok guy who strung some words and letters together and then didn't really say anything at all.
>>
>>678584119
What changed to make you happy?
>>
>>678590186
The thought that you're suffering eternally for other people's benefit is a thought distortion since that is a) an extreme example caused by splitting and b) a position nobody is advocating
>>
>>678589910
False. Their life is still everything, because there is a slim chance that it could get better, whereas there is a significantly smaller chance of life after death. Infinity divided by one million is still infinity.
>>
File: 4PbYlECMlbk.jpg (59 KB, 800x493) Image search: [Google]
4PbYlECMlbk.jpg
59 KB, 800x493
>>678578989
>implying you should care about others more than about yourself
>implying being egoistic is a bad thing
i lawld
good old moralfag butthurt
>>
>>678590201
Again, I hope one day you have a kid and you have to tell them that.
>>
I personally think that everyone should have the right to finish his/her life if he/she wants to, because its THEIR life, not anyone else´s life. Fuck the people who say its selfish WHO CARES, I can do anything that I want with my life because its mine, not that im planning to kill myself or anything but I think everyone should have that right to do whatever they please with their life. Suicide just seems like a bad idea because you are eliminating yourself because of a certain state of mind that can be fixed or changed with discipline or looking for another point of view to life but still, if I wanted to kill myself I am gonna fucking do it no matter how many people yell at me selfish. (sorry fo bad english)
>>
>>678587284
> stupid, ignorant, selfish false-equivalency

You can get another dog. You cant get another mother/father/brother/sister/aunt/uncle/best friend.

And you will always wonder if you could have changed the course of history. Your analogy is stupid.
>>
>>678590488
Now I can see you are literally retarded. Trying to prove by math that suicide is selfish because life has infinite value.

Also, by this logic, you have to try and do everything that has a slim chance of working out. Real people decide based on the balance of probabilities. Besides, why can't suffering have infinite negative value two? The infinity of a life of suffering can outweigh the tiny factional infinity that might maybe be possibly be gained by sticking around.

But this is pointless. You're a fundamentalist nut. You allow no legitimate suicides, because you truly understand nothing of suffering.
>>
>>678590995
I hope I don't, and I wouldn't wish the same on anyone else. I would tell them that though.
>>
>>678574885

killing oneself is massively fucking difficult

it takes a huge amount of courage

the sort of person that cant muster up the courage to talk to a girl is not going to have the courage to buy a gun and shoot himself in the head
>>
>>678590700
Egotism actually shuts down critical areas of the brain and prevents you from understanding other people.
Neurologically speaking, egotism is a shitty thing.
Faggot.
>>
>>678590201
>try your very hardest to get better for the people you care about.
but i dont care about people
>>
>>678576236
Society alone can make someone depressed you fucking nimwit. Have you ever thought how truly fucked this world is? Maybe he was a better person than the rest of us and couldn't handle how fucked people are. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>678591154
There is a higher probability of life getting better than life after death. Any life is better than eternal nothingness, but that is just my opinion and this argument is never going to end.
>>
>>678574885
Suicide is not a black and white issue. You could have everything in the world and still feel completely empty. /b/ treats it like it's something you can just will away with girls and abs, but if you're mentally unwell enough you'll do it. Happiness is a process and not a goal.
>>
>>678574885
It's always about you, isn't it?
>>
>>678591355
Than kill yourself. You're not hurting anyone, so I don't really care. I, myself, wouldn't though, because I value life too much.
>>
>>678591005

Most people who kill themselves are not in a clear state of mind, are suffering from some type of mental illness, or are drunk/high. Some or all of these prevent them from thinking rationally.

This is why "people should be able to kill themselves if they want" is a bad idea.
>>
>>678591106
Actually it's 100% right, you can't make your dog better, like with people. You can physically replace them but you can't make their problems go away and it doesn't make life better for them,

You should try arguing without changing the subject.
>>
>>678592033
hypocrite
>>
>>678591249
And then you'd watch your loved one suffer every day.
>>
>>678592199
>dog is terminally ill
>life expectancy: 15 years tops

>immature person hasnt learned to cope with the difficulties of life yet
>fuck it put him down
>>
>>678592216
Not a hypocrite. If nobody cares about you and you don't value life, go ahead and kill yourself.
>>
>>678574885
PEACE OF MIND HAS NO BICEPS
>>
>>678574885
You are a fucking moron. No wonder no slut wants to kiss you faggot
>>
>>678592426
If they got better, all of it would be worth it for both of us. I would do absolutely everything I could to help them, and hope for the best.
>>
>>678591313
nah, kid
you are dumb
it shuts down the areas of the brain associated with some emotions (which i find rudimental in modern society), and a human intellect has nothing to do with egotism. You can undertand people by using your intellect and communication tools, no need to go touchy-feely.
so, neurologically speaking, this "shitty thing" is called "evolution"
>>
>>678592541
you obviously have very low intelligence, the argument is that it's selfish to keep someone alive and suffering because you think their life could magically become better, but you have 0 power to help them, you keep them alive because you want them around
>>
>>678586151
Stop being a bitch faggot
>>
File: image.png (169 KB, 311x278) Image search: [Google]
image.png
169 KB, 311x278
>>678576532
Well put.
>>
>>678592863
There is no cure, that's my point, all you can do is watch them suffer in agonizing misery or let them be at peace. You "cope" with depression IF you can. There is no curing it.
>>
>>678593522
There may be a better way to treat it in the future. I would bank everything on that slim chance because I love my child and want them to be happy, not because I'm selfish.
>>
>>678576532
Do you engage in a lot of homosexual anal sex?
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 588x368) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 588x368
Probably because he's really fucking gay. I mean bag of dicks gay, and probably didn't want his parents to find out.
No seriously, that kid is the poster boy for anal lube. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but OMG,,, so fucken gay.
>>
>>678593240

I wont argue with you anymore. But there are basic assumptions that are incorrect in this strange premise you have created.

> Keep someone alive and suffering
Not the same as endorse/encourage them to die prematurely.

>Magically become better
Bullshit because you have to put effort into broken things to fix them. And it is 100% possible.

>0 power to help them
How weak are you?

Have a good night anon. My life has turned around because of hard work and a positive attitude. I hope you can achieve the same.
>>
>>678593934
Someone's compensating.
>>
>>678593773
The chance of a magic instant cure being found is 0 and your kid would live in utter misery. For your sick pleasure and false hope.
>>
>>678594389
>0
Complete bullshit. Even if there is no complete cure, it's likely that we will get better at treating it over time, eventually making its effects negligible. Any chance is better than none at all.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.