[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it a good idea to become a mormon? The missonarys are so nice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 8
File: 170px-Mormon-book.jpg (15 KB, 170x245) Image search: [Google]
170px-Mormon-book.jpg
15 KB, 170x245
Is it a good idea to become a mormon? The missonarys are so nice and what they're telling makes sence to me.
>>
Former mormon missionary here.

It's a nice club. That's about it. There are patterns and rituals meant to make you happy and work as a community. But it has serious drawbacks and I suffered quite a bit from depression.
>>
>>677908247
>not being fundamentalist with 4 wives that have to obey you or they go to hell
anon pls
>>
Do what you want. Who cares what people on /b/ think of you or your actions. If you prayed and think it's right, go for it.
>>
No be a Christian
>>
I'm a Mormon and I can tell you that the church is true but it's up to you to learn that for yourself. Make your own decision, pray about it.
>>
>>677909031
Do you know anything
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 306x482) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 306x482
>>677908879
/thread
>>
Born Mormon, still am. I stuggle with religion as a whole. Read it I guess, and see what you think.
>>
>>677908247
>very exclusive club
>make connections
>youll always have help
>just donate to club
>theyll take care of you

I knew a guy who converted and joined the LDS church. They put him through rehab 3 times and paid his rent. Even hooked him up a job.
>>
Fucking not, loss of time and all that Girls are bitches
>>
>>677908247
If you do it bring the fuckers down from the inside. Any other reason for joining the Mormons is just dumb, dumb dumb dumb. Read the book of Mormon and if it doesn't make you laugh then kill yourself
>>
Sure, its a good religion at all.
(spoiler alert)
they dont masturbate (wtf?)
>>
Mormonism is basically a step away from a cult. May as well become scientologist
>>
>>677908247
I don't believe in a god anon but if it makes you a better person then sure. I know a few mormons. Aside from all of the religious stuff they are usually nice people.
>>
>>677908247
Hard to get girls lds. Im not mormon but it took me two years of talking before banging one. Tight pussy though. She was next level hot too. Got her preggo. She kept it. Doesnt make me pay child support. Dont talk to her ever.
>>
>>677909031
I like this meme that other christians use to try to act like their branch is better or any less insane than mormonism.
>>
It's trouble but if you are business savvy, they treat you right if you live in SLC. Just know that everybody lies like it's a big circle jerk and they're all trying to our Mormon each other
>>
>>677908247

If you don't have the sense to properly spell "sense," then yes, it probably does make sense to you.
>>
>>677908247
>what they're telling makes sence to me.
Then you deserve everything you'll get out of it, cuz you ain't makin' any sense to us, faggot!
>>
>>677910040
It is it's more individualized
>>
Go to CESletter dot com and learn about the issues with the church. I was raised LDS, Served a mission, went to the Temple etc and learned that most of what the "ANTI MORMONS" were preaching was actually true. Joseph Smith took other men's wives for himself, he didn't translate the BOM, he plagiarized books like 'View of the Hebrews' 'The Late War' to name a few, The Mormon's view on Alcohol is from Prohibition, not some divine revelation. In D&C 89 it doesn't forbid Alcohol it only suggests "by way of invitation" and says beer made from Barley is ok. Too many contradictions. Too many historical issues they have tried to sugar coat or forget all together. If you want to join a Christian church with a social club, become a Methodist
>>
>>677908247
If that is what your heart says, go for it. It's one of the best religions out there. I say that because every Mormon I've met throughout my life has been an absolute bro.
>>677909639
Shit like this man. They give everyone the benefit of the doubt. Mormons have this...innocence where I can see that they have no ill intent when talking to them or hearing stories about them. It's like they have this attitude of "I'm going to fucking love everything good in this world and nothing can bring me down." It's really inspiring.

I've thought about joining the church, but I have this thought that they are very selective to outsiders. Plus, I don't think I can honestly say at this point in time I believe everything in the Mormon Bible, my heart isn't in it for that. It's in it for the bitchin' community. Like I said, at this point in time. Maybe I should join the church, start out as a cucumber and become a pickle.
>>
>>677910856
well by that logic having no religion would be the most individualized
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVJgmp2Tc2s
>>
>>677910856
Goddess! You Christians are fucking ignorant! None of you make "sence" to me!
>>
yeah you better go in there Op, everyone in there has multiple wives and huge cocks.
>>
Watch Big Love.....
>>
>>677908247
attend your local ward or branch for a year first
pay attention how they treat each other, especially when they think you aren't paying attention
some congregations are the nicest people you will ever meat
others are so skilled at the back-handed compliment that they could teach a gaggle of teen girls how it's done
>>
>>677908247
I'm an ex-mormon. My father is a mormon and I am currently living with mormons for the time being.

They are nice people but they are brain-washed to a certain extent (with their religion). Their religion is extrememly organized and they shape the younglings to be in such a manner. I learned what I could form them and left as I felt they I could learn nothing new from them. They tend to repeat things and only change the wording. It;s astonishing how they react when their prophet says something obviously. Even the kids look up to the 12 old dudes as celebrities. It's strange to say the least.

They follow a simple script; have a family, get a job, and give back to the community. It's pretty simple and they live simple lives. Just know that you will have to give 10% of your paycheck to them.

They are extrememly, and I mean extrememly, brain-washed as they believe everything and never question anything their prophet says. And there is always a prophet. If he dies, the next takes his place. Kind of like the pope, but there is no voting. It's a succession and is a neat way to keep the pure white people in power.

I give them props though. They managed to get a lot of different races and ethnicities to their church. It's sad though to see the black people there. Not 40 years ago, they were viewed as inferior.

But yea, join only if you want to be part of one big happy family and live in eternal bliss. That is what you will get.
>>
>>677908247
>Fanfiction
>>
>>677908247
No, I mean, you certainly can and reap the benefits, but don't put any stock or time into the actual religion. If you go to and socialize at the THREE HOURS of church every Sunday, then you'll have a group of people who will likely do a lot for you, but it's a pain in the ass of a religion.

>>677911084
This guy has the best POV in here. I grew up Mormon, and if I could raise my kids and live in the community without tithing and the crazy brainwashing I'd do it 10 times out of 10. It's the only reason I stayed with it as long as I did, they're genuinely grew people as long as you're not in one of the hyper-conservative areas.
>>
>>677911554
I don't normally turn people into "meat", but for you all I may make an exception!
Ignorant fucks!
>>
>>677908247
I'm mormon, and I want to fucking kill myself
>>
>>677912086
>meet
dyac
>>
>>677912098
same
>>
>>677909151
This. This is what I always hear from the mormons. They always say "I know this is the real church of Jesus Christ and I say so in my testament, amen."

Every
Last
One

I feel as if they are patting theselves on the back when they repeat something that has been said over fifty times. We get it, it's the "ture" church of Jesus Christ who magically teleported to the Americas and converted the indians.

Amongst them, a white man managed to write in pure gold the true story, bury it, and have Josehp Smith find it several centuries later. Also, in a language that could only be translated by putting a magic stone into the hat and placing your head inside.

I gotta ask, what ever happened to the hat?
>>
Former Mormon here.

I was born into the LDS and I can tell you now that I'm older its the biggest bullshit ever. The book of Mormon basically goes against everything the bible says. Its basically a cult and everyone is pretty fucking racist. Joseph smith is the biggest fucking cuck ever and evrrything he said was a lie. They fucking wasted 1.5 billion of the money people give to the church on a fucking mall (City creek mall; full cost of the mall is 5 billion) . Yeah the people are nice but the shit they believe in ain't fucking nice at all.

Dont do it OP you'll be sucked into the faggotry.
>>
>>677911131
But you need God.
>>
>>677909151
Your mormon and your on here? Get out of here before I tell your bishop
>>
>>677912547
Non Mormon Utahfag here

Mormons are generally agreeable, but very two faced and judgemental. Brainwashed out the ass too
>>
>>677911800
>extrememly
tl;dr
>>
>>677911800
by the way, I was born into the church and even baptisted in it. Still didn't change the way I thought about the world. Full of faults and questions.
>>
>>677912477
>what ever happened to the hat?
the hat was not true
Smith used 2 magic stones behind a curtain to dictate the translation
when the translation was done the plates and stones were taken by angels
>>
>>677912942
Would've said this
Don't have to now
Thanks
>>
>>677912875
Whoops, my bad.
>>
>>677912853
This fucking this.

Currently living in Nyc and it irks me how brain washed they are into such bullshit.
>>
>>677912547
Your so full of shit.
>>
Mormon.
More like moron.
Please laugh...
>>
>>677913273
He's not really
>>
>>677908247
I think that killing yourself would be a better idea.
>>
>>677912942
I would think the angels would leave them as evidence to his words. But hey, who am I to challenge the words of the man behind the curtain?
>>
File: 1459698343212.jpg (37 KB, 356x480) Image search: [Google]
1459698343212.jpg
37 KB, 356x480
>>
>>677913368
>Please laugh...
Well you got me there.
>>
>>677912477
I would create a comprehensive response to this but you're uneducated so fuck you. I'm not going to teach you things you should already know if you choose to join this discussion.
>>
>>677913273
Dont get your Mormon underwear in a bunch now.
>>
>>677912942
Even the essays on LDS dot org confess it was with a chocolate colored "seer stone" and he put his face in a hat. He translated when the plates weren't with him. Why did he need them in the first place? Open your mind for once.
>>
>>677912730
Not again!
>Your
>Your???
ITT dumbfucks who cannot spell talk about an ignorant religion.
Hate to be a spellingfag, but you ignorant religionist fags are pissing me off!
>>
>>677913423
If there was concrete evidence for a religion, everybody would join it. God doesn't want it to be easy to believe in him. We're meant to discover the faith for ourselves, not to stumble into the knowledge on a path of obvious evidence.
>>
>>677913984
If you say so
>>
>>
>>677914081
Yeah okay
>>
>>677913423
well you could
>become mormon
>live to the tenants of the faith
>get married in a temple
>die
>go to the highest tier of the celestial kingdom
>become a god along with your wife
>create a mortal existence for your spirit babies
>leave evidence of your existence as god
or you could accept that all religions have bat shit insane doctrines and decide to associate with members of a certain religion based on how much you like the members and how much you can ignore the bats hit insane doctrines
>>
>>677913273
>Your
>Your
REALLY???
>>
File: 1416780016925.png (8 KB, 493x402) Image search: [Google]
1416780016925.png
8 KB, 493x402
>>677914150
Gross, but funny
>>
>>677914150
This is art.
>>
>>677908247
any religion that tells you you have to pay them is a shit tier religion
>>
Mormons are a cult, same with the Jehovah's Witnesses.
>>
>>677908494
Ex-Mormon here.

I quit at 17, discovered I couldn't lie to other people for 2 years about something I don't believe, just to make my family happy.

Mormonism fucked me up. It's a pyramid scheme created by a philandering egomaniac that plagiarized multiple other books.
>>
>>677914614
So God created everything in existence for you and you're not willing to return 10% to assist in His work? Nice, good for you.
>>
>>677913602
Tsk tsk, you shouldn't use that foul language. God looks down upon those who lose their patience.

Listen, I know I'm a bit wrong in the story, but it's the same. He found the plates in the middle of the forest, he showed it to other people who swears they saw it, he translated alone with no one next to him (with magic stones, I mean come on. I'm not even going to fish for your anger on this one.), and then the stones AND the plates are no longer to be found?

Can you honestly tell me that all of that really happened? I'm leaving aside the principles of the church, which I admire to a certain extent.

But can you honestly tell me that it is all true? The plates, the magic stones, the planet you will have when you die, and many other exaggerated things?
>>
>>677908247
In my opinion, people who can't spell "sense" should not be trusting their sence.
>>
I've talked to them at length when they come to the door. I bring them inside and we have a nice long chat. I'm basically trolling them because they think they have chance of recruiting me but it would never happen. But they are always happy to at least talk because most people won't give them the time of day.

The worse thing it seems to me is the missions they send you on. Basically you are trying to recruit new members and you do it 6 days a week and your day off is for personal chores. So you travel to some new area and have no time to see all the sights. Pretty lame if you ask me.
>>
>>677914614
Mormons don't tell you to pay them, it's a full on requirement or you'll be excommunicated

You think those southern mega churches are rich? They don't hold a candlestick to the Mormon church. Its swimming in cash
>>
>>677908247

No
>>
>>677908247
>Mormon Apostate here btw
>>
>>677913901
Uhm, also a Mormon here, he spelled that right. Just wondering if you know English that well, m8.
>>
>>677913984
But, if it is not the true word of god, would it not help Joseph evade persecution and death if he simply had the plates to prove it? Or the stones?

Help me here. I understand you believeing god makes life difficult for people, but if he wants to spread his TRUE word to the people and try to give the mormons an edge over the already DOMINATING words of his son, don't you think that the plates would have helped?
>>
>>677914886
god will love you, but only if you pay him
order gods love right now and we will include not one but two gods loves

money is the root of all evil, so a church that demands it is obviously evil too
>>
File: oh you.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
oh you.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>677909380
Read this.
http://cesletter.com/Letter-to-a-CES-Director.pdf
>>
>>677915140
>it's a full on requirement or you'll be excommunicated
no it is not
tithing is only a requirement for temple services
>>
>>677914384
We can agree to disagree. I'm more of a realist and believe that when we die, we die. No pearly gates and no burning hell.

As I stated before, mormons are good people and I know they mean well to everyone around them. But they are brainwashed. At least they help those in their group in the logical sense and not by the scientology way.
>>
>>677915622
You'll still be shunned like fuck once it gets around that you don't pay.
And you'll have meetings with your bishop asking what's wrong with you
>>
File: thumb up bra.gif (1 MB, 288x199) Image search: [Google]
thumb up bra.gif
1 MB, 288x199
>>677911036
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.