[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck Billy, also general fallout 4 thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 516x752) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 516x752
Fuck Billy, also general fallout 4 thread
>>
ayy how is automotron? i wanna build robots
>>
>>677834099
Is billy that bitch in the fridge? Wheres he at?
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 222x227) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 222x227
>2016
>still playing Bethesda games
Mfw
>>
>>677835067
>2016
>not playing Bethesda games
lol fag
>>
>>677834389
Theres like one super death robot that outclasses anything else you can build. Got pretty boring for me after that
>>
>>677836253
Im looking forward to far harbor or whatever
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 400x308) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 400x308
What do I have to do to make this game fun? It's way too easy.
>>
>>677837510
Roleplay
>>
>>677834661
Indeed he is
>>
>>677834099

Play on survival mode instead of easy.
>>
>>677837510
Play survival mode.
>>
>>677839154
But where? I found his parents house
>>
>>677839514
I run through survival mode with 1-3 endurance and no power armor and rarely die. Im too damn good at fallout games to enjoy it.
>>
>>677839786
>endurance
shit nigga its strength and agility that make this game so easy
>>
>>677839786
The games about having fun and having good laughs at the bugs Bethesda leaves
>>
>>677836400

That one sounds like it might be decent, but automatron and bob the builder is just shit that should already be in the game
>>
>>677836400
prepare your calendar boi
no way bethesda is gonna deliver on time
>>
>>677839996
Yeah youd think the automaton one would have been a side quest adventure
>>
>>677839996
this
i hope beth will make content like R* does with gta v. but with more map/quest content
>>
>>677840094

I also wouldn't be surprised if the extra DLC they used as an excuse to jack up the season pass price turns out to be extra settlement stuff or something
>>
>>677840354
Yeah probably. Im waiting for the new zetan dlc, but they will prob drop the ball on that as well
>>
>>677840354
I'd almost pay money to have the defenses I build in my settlement actually work. I'm sick of setting up missle turrets on all my settlements, and arming my settlers with power armor and plasma weapons, only to see some feral dogs reduce my town to a burnt-out ruin if I ignore the notice that my settlement is under attack. I mean, fuck.
>>
>>677839619
hes just north of it I think, or at least pretty nearby
>>
>>677840705
What? My missile defense has saved the drive in multiple times in my game, also build a wall nigger
>>
>>677840705

Yeah that bugs me too
"Shithole is under attack! Help defend it!"

You mean those missile and laser turrets aren't defending it?

Also it's stupid how the enemies spawn inside the settlements. I found 3 radscorpions inside a building I made in Hangman's Alley once. When I killed them, everyone said "wow, we sure showed those raiders!"
>>
>>677840927
Ight
>>
>>677840953
I haven't played since before the latest round of updates. It used to be the case that for my missile defense system to do dick, I had to be personally there to witness it.
Did that change? Do defenses actually work when you're on the other side of the map now?
>>
>>677841215
I mean, i still get the failed notice, but i have walls around all settlements. If the fail notcie comes up, i go check it out and everything is usually fine. Just the stupid repetitive bullshit like preston. But yeah pretty sure it works
>>
File: arms.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
arms.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
Fallout 3 was the best fallout
>prove me wrong
>>
I really liked the automatron DLC actually. I thought it added some neat stuff and I have made some pretty cool robots but does anyone else feel like the game is missing something? Some spark that was there in 3 that made me love the game from beginning to end that just isn't there in 4. The dialogue system is garbage and I don't like the fact that your character has somewhat of a built in personality because it makes it impossible to be a complete bastard. Any time the conversation looks like you can say something negative its almost always really mild, your choices are basically agree. agree. sarcastically agree, or ask again later and Ill agree. I don't know, something is just off about the game to me. I still like it and enjoyed most of it but there was definitely something missing
>>
>>677842194
Its the dialogue. If it had the old system, this would have been the goty>>677842194
>>
File: 1342332179444.jpg (68 KB, 400x398) Image search: [Google]
1342332179444.jpg
68 KB, 400x398
>>677841650
It was
>>
>>677839345
Doesnt everyone do this?
>>
>>677842578
Yeah it must be. There are other things I don't like for sure but that is the main thing that really bothered me
>>
>>677842194
4 is a giant hackjob that relied WAY too much on 3 without even adding any flair.

Shit story, your dialogue options/choices effect nothing, you're funneled into a predetermined ending, you can't even really be a "bad guy" bc no karma, and the game was just all around a lackluster version of FO3. Even new vegas was better.

The "building settlements" crap is retarded, item hunting to do that is just a waste of in-game time, the plotline was shit. It didn't even do anything fun like the whole alien DLC in 3 or Big MT in NV, it just took itself too seriously and sucked
>>
>>677843197
I wasnt as thrilled as i wanted to be with the weapon crafting system. There really isnt much reason to craft anything besides the most powerful. In 3, i felt there was more incentive to play certain ways, in 4 it felt like i could just run through it. No planning, you know. I did like all the random encounters in 4, but some felt rushed. The environment wasnt as reactionary as i would have liked. Just little things, but i liked 4. Im still playing it
>>
>>677843659
I was enjoying the story up until I killed Kelogg and then it just got kind of bad from there. And yeah I can definitely see what you are saying. it did sort of ride on the coattails of 3.
>>677843683
I really wish they had included the ammo crafting from NV. I think that would have added a needed variety to the weapons.
>>
stopped playing cuz it got boring as fuck after like 15 hours in it. I guess a lot of it had to do with the fact that I didn't care about the story at all.
>>
>>677844264
I wanted it to be good, I wanted to like it. I tried so hard.

But ALWAYS

Another settlement needs your help!

EVERY. FUCKING. TIME.
>>
>>677844457
I think the main story was also lack luster. Finding your kid? Come on
>>
>>677844457
Yeah it was pointless as shit

FO3: Son looks for father, hunts all over the game, emotional involvement, close misses, many other subplots, multiple emotional ending options
FO4: Father looks for son who turns out to be the villain. You are forced to either save him or save the wasteland. The end.
>>
>>677844529
The endless go to this place and clear it out for [insert faction here] really bothered me. In 3 and NV the sidequests were mostly well crafted and usually pretty interesting but the last time I was playing 4 I was running around everywhere with NPCs trying to find a sidequest to do that wasn't go here. get this, return. The only ones that were any good was the deathclaw egg and the robot boat. It seems like after 3 and Oblivion Bethesda got fucking lazy with their sidequests because Skyrim had the same issue
>>
>>677845020
Agreed, thank you for putting it into words. Endless quest grinding.
>clear the dungeon, retrieve the item
>>
>>677845020
No shit. I cant tell you how many times ive had to go to the barracks for something. Swear ive been there 40 times, still full of ghouls, still with working turrets. Retarded
>>
>>677845334
Raiders are attacking this settlement, go clear the Corvega plant. Raiders are attacking this settlement, go clear the Corvega plant. Raiders are attacking this settlement, go clear the Corvega plant. Raiders are attacking this settlement, go clear the Corvegaplant.... I hate that damn place
>>
>>677841406
My walls have never done anything to protect my settlements. Do your walls just not have gates in them? only way in/out is fast travel?
>>
>>677845020
it's bc bethesda can't give a shit anymore, they have a fanbase and know they'll make bank off every release. They go with the bare minimum of good writing because interesting plot means higher cost to them. Much easier to retexture the same quest 50+ times (looking at you too, skyrim)
>>
>>677838233
Explain?
>>
>>677845272
Exactly. I don't mind some busy work but there was hardly any good sidequests at all. I can only think of the USS Constitution, the salem museum and the Cabot family stuff. I don't know if I just didn't find them or if it was just 90% grind quests
>>
one of the things i loved about FO3 and NV was the fact that you instantly had the chance to be a fucking asshole. my first character in FO3 joined the tunnelsnakes, let the bullies mother die, got outside, sold the junkie junk, killed her and took it back, made it to megaton to blow it up after robbing the town and then fucking up tenpenny tower with ghouls.
didnt play NV as much as 3, but used the opportunity to sell goodsprings and did what i could to help ceacer.
first thing i do in 4 was to try to kill preston, and failed. he didnt even get mad
but motherfucker
i got mad
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.