[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cult Thread I was in Bob Meehan's cult called Pathway
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7
File: Bob Meehan.png (54 KB, 744x669) Image search: [Google]
Bob Meehan.png
54 KB, 744x669
Cult Thread

I was in Bob Meehan's cult called Pathway Drug Abuse Program (The Group) for about 5 years, ask me anything.

Which cult(s) were you guise in and what was your experience?
>>
Narcanon for 2years, it sucked, but I became a counselor.
>>
>>677735191
Why did you join?

I got into TM for a bit, but I didn't like it.
>>
>>677736203
My parents shipped me to PDAP after catching me drunk in high school.
>>
>>677735191
Just because they tell you not to use drugs doesn't make them a cult, you dumb fuck
>>
>>677736969
There was more to it then don't use drugs, they had us doing some messed up stuff in the name of sobriety.
>>
Whats the deal with Heavens Gate?
>>
>>677737373
That was the suicidal sneaker cult.
>>
>>677735191
My cousin is a scientology ever since she joined she has had this creepy smile and stare with wild eyes
>>
Not technically a cult, but they utilized almost every cult move in the book ( seminars, public humiliation, confessions of private life to strangers) funny thing is it was a. Behavioral modification school in Montana called spring Creek Lodge....almost worse due to the fact I had no choice (being under age at the time)....its closed now due to suicides and owner fraud and police neglect.
>>
>>677736203
Transcendental Meditation is not a cult
>>
>>677738307
Was it a drug abuse program?
>>
>>677738307
What was the worst thing that you remember happening in there?
>>
This matter cafe I go to is run by 12 tribesman. Not a full on cult but very much like one
>>
>>677738498
Not exactly, but it did deal with drugs..seeing as most kids there were using
>>
>>677735191
Small world, I was in crossroads, but I went to your banquet back in 2005, were you in the group then
>>
>>677739304
I am looking up spring creek lodge there is not very much info so far but I did find the suicide and lawsuit.
>>
>>677739719
No I bailed in 2002
>>
>>677739183
What makes it like a cult?
>>
>>677739304
Probably being beaten by methheads or having my shoes taken from me during a winter because I made "escape plans with a friend" the "school" employed 70% of a small Shithole town in MT called Thompson falls...staff was clandestine and unscreened
>>
>>677740468
That is messed up, that you had to make plans to escape, how did you get out?
>>
I didn't...my mom finally got sick of cconflicting stories from me and the staff (was taken home to Los Angeles after being there under lockdown for 22 months)
>>
>>677740752
Sorry didn't tag u in my last response
>>
Not sure if this counts, but I lived with some gypsies for a few weeks. They were offering sex to anyone with blonde hair, so I stayed for as long as I could. But some of them were gross with rates toes and stuff. I still can't get stone of those images out of my head.
>>
>>677741221
Do you have any lingering issues from being there? Most of us that were in the group still have issues.
>>
>>677741931
>rates toes
What is that?!?! lol
>>
>>677735191
Cult of Jesus the Christ.
Wacky old cult from a long-dead empire where we worshipped a man as a God and attributed all kinds of once poorly understood natural phenomena to him as miracles and eventually after 20 years in the Jesuit order, the scholars let you in on the gag, which is that everything we know about him came from reappropriating other religious cults deities and mythologies around the empire circa about 325AD, and if there was an actual singular person ever named jesus who was a Spanish Christ of the moors who ever wandered through Rome, we know nothing about him at all because we have no in-tact firsthand accounts or a single bit of evidence of him ever existing during the era attributed to his life. Instead the whole thing is a continuation of traditional official Roman pagan festivals and culture in an attempt to unify the people under one banner and get them to quit warring against each other in the streets. That never really worked, but the money was pretty good, so it continues to this day.
>>
>>677743113
Nice fedora
>>
>>677743113
Did you drink the Kool-Aid?
>>
>>677743113
>tfw you look up cult
>the worship of a human as a god
>dispensing of wisdom and guidance
>never realized Christianity was the cult of Jesus
>Jesus is a cult leader
>cult is root word of culture
>the cult of this area/people/group is its culture
>o fuk wut is happening
>everything is crashing down
>>
File: 1377206760503.jpg (150 KB, 524x520) Image search: [Google]
1377206760503.jpg
150 KB, 524x520
>>677736969
You're retarded.
>>
>>677743678
It happens
>>677743596
Oh yes.
>>677743543
I own no decorative hats.
>>
>>677743543
>has never been to a catholic mass and seen the idols and smelled the incense smoking and the golden robes and scepter and heard the Latin and recited the incantations and drank of the sacrificial blood and body at the altar.

Nigga, cults everywhere aspire to be as culty as the Catholics and fail.
>>
>>677740468
In the group no one was ever violent it was forbidden, they kept us from leaving or (bailing) by various types of mind control, the threat of mental institutions and they had our parents involved ready to make our lives hell if we left, but we were never physically restrained and would never think of making an escape plan unless we were in younger group or shipped across the country to (step 1) which I never experienced.
>>
I was in a cult called Chipotle Mexican Grill. Not joking. We had to memorize things that were basically verses. If you didn't memorize you didn't work. If you disrespected Steve Ells you were reprimanded, and all managers acted like acolytes to the Holy word of Steve Ells. Then they poisoned customers.
>>
>>677744755
How is their food?
>>
I was born into church cult that had us thinking that all of Christians were about to disappear to heaven and my parents gave the church their life savings so we wouldn't be left behind
>>
>>677745834
I used to be friends with Riley Martin, the guy who use to complain about aliens on the Howard Stern Show started a cult and every thanksgiving he would cook a turkey that was laced with some sort of hallucinogen so out of nowhere we would start hallucinating. I never joined his cult I only ate there once.
>>
>>677741931
How do I join this traveling sex party?
>>
I was in a cult were everyone was a faggot fapping to traps and claiming the cult was better yesterday
>>
>>677747981
lost
>>
>>677735191
none because I'm not a fucking idiot who follows other idiots around. I guess 4chan could be a cult tho.
>>
>>677747981
All Hail Moot
>>
>>677747981
Fucking KEK
>>
>>677748345
Well look at you on your high horse, sitting up there looking all pretty.
>>
File: 1458730393220.jpg (375 KB, 789x1013) Image search: [Google]
1458730393220.jpg
375 KB, 789x1013
Mormon cult. Shit was jokes.
>>
>>677736559
holy shit ur parents are trash
>>
>>677749093
What was your experience?
>>
>>677749363
lol
I think they were just worried because I was drinking a lot
>>
>>677749671
> they were just worried because I was drinking a lot
is a lot different than
>catching me drunk in high school.

fuck
>>
>>677749884
there was more to it than just the one time, that just happened to be the final straw
>>
>>677735191
What makes it a cult?
>>
>>677751001
We used words that only we knew the definition to, you had to confess all our thoughts and actions, we rarely slept, we were forced to break laws when on "fear missions," we were only allowed to have sex or be around other group members unless at work or school, if we left the group we were shunned by our friends and family and they would go out of their way to make life difficult for us.
>>
>>677751992
We were not allowed to have sex unless the staff approved both of us and we went through their dating ritual.
>>
File: I_don_t_friggin_give_a_heck.jpg (31 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
I_don_t_friggin_give_a_heck.jpg
31 KB, 480x480
>>677749414
Wasn't awesome. I mean there are shittier cults to be in. They rely on good old Christian guilt, but also heavily on a lot of classic thought reform tactics. The amount of media that organization puts out is unreal. Messed up my noggin for a while. I'm sane now though.
>>
>>677752554
I went to the mormon church twice, I befriended some missionaries and went with them, I didn't see anything too weird except everyone seemed a bit sloppily dressed and there area was a bit messy, as if they brought a extra bags and set them in floor. What were the reform tactics and how did it mess you up?
>>
>>677735191
I am of communication of reality/life of:_{-\_ picture of galaxy of:_"\_ Milky Way /":-_ of map of human/embassy/base/matter-ta-war of since/so/cause of human of living of military of nation of:_"\_ United States /":-_ of:_{\_ Randy Cramer live at the Triad Theater on Nov 14, 2015 Part 2 /" of moment/time of:_"\_ 13:41/1:34:02 /":-_ of text of link of:_"\_ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvumYInLXy8 /":-/} of since of a human of named of:_"\_ Randy Cramer /":_ of military of:_"\_ United States Marine Corps Special Section /":-_ of military of:_"\_ United States Air Force /":-_ of showed/communicated of the picture of galaxy of:_"\_ Milky Way /":-_ of since of Mericans of living of an exigency/emergency of a technology of body muscle flexing caused of energies at metals of in/at of human since of energies sent/from of machines of far of miles/kilometers of human of stimulated ta body muscle slackening/tensing; so I am of communication of spiel of technology of text of:_"-------\_
Three/3 communications/explanations/informations/texts of a technology:
1/One: body muscle movement caused/since of energies at human caused/since of energies sent from machines far of miles/kilometers;
and/or/an-other-communication of 2/Two: human of technology of machines...machines transmit/send energy...energy at/striked/hitting metals in human...metals moved/arranged...so/causing/thus...electricity of in of body so...body muscle flexing of human of living of tensing/slackening of muscle;
STIMULATION OF BODY-MOVING/LIKE-SENSE SINCE OF ELECTRICITY OF CAUSED OF IN OF BODY SINCE 1. tinye metals in human 2. metals moved since of energies striked/hitting metals 3. energies sent/fro machine far/distant/not-close/no-nearness of miles.
_/-------":-_
>>
File: TextingCode.jpg (30 KB, 599x443) Image search: [Google]
TextingCode.jpg
30 KB, 599x443
>>677744413
Hard to be as great as the one true Church, friend. Deus Vult
>>
>>677745834
This iss my experience too, they showed us some long ass movie about the rapture that fucked me up, it still fucks me up and I know it's all bullshit.
>>
>>677753593
Fuck off space niggers.
>>
File: No I am not him.jpg (8 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
No I am not him.jpg
8 KB, 480x360
I used to be in the Memphis Mafia
>>
>>677735191
Is that the program that makes troubled kids sell magazine subscriptions door-to-door?
>>
>>677754754
No that was not us, I heard those door to door kids were more of a sex and drugs type of cult but I don't know much about it, one of the kids that was in the group did that beforehand.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.