[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: we say things that confuse us and hope other anons have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_lsz1sekH2R1qd0n2eo1_250.jpg (13 KB, 200x233) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lsz1sekH2R1qd0n2eo1_250.jpg
13 KB, 200x233
ITT: we say things that confuse us and hope other anons have the answer.

>personally never understood how people can confuse hunger and thirst. You feel hunger in your gut and thirst in your throat, they're totally different yet people still eat when they're only thirsty? What the fuck?
>>
Rubber dingy rapids, bruv.
>>
>>677611991
I took a picture on my phone, this ain't my confused face bruv.
>>
>>677612222

Eh, bro. You got fookin' quads man, it's definetly not your confused face, bruv.
>>
>>677610315
>yet people still eat when they're only thirsty? What the fuck?
They do? I don't. That doesn't make sense, I don't think my friends eat when they're thirsty either. What kind of weird people do you know OP?
>>
>>677612398
See, defo not my confused face bruv. Now you gunna help a brother out or wut mate?
>>
>>677610315
why is it that when I use barhroom there is always the other person is just sitting on the toilet , having married time doing shit , Jack ? I want to feed , but it is on its way!
>>
>>677612602
It's always signs you see at the gym, or when your hungry and someone says 'just have a drink, you're probably just thirsty and think you're hungry' I've always tried to figure it out but never had luck, is not an uncommon thing to hear.
>>
>>677612613

Alright, bro. Listen to me... give yourself up.
>>
>>677610315
>ITT: we say things that confuse us and hope other anons have the answer.

Why the fuck do people spend so much time ironing shit? If we could all stop, and nobody would do it anymore everybody would look a lil wrinkled an all would be fine
>>
>>677612752
I think some fancier places require it. I take the Michael MacIntyre route and if it's somewhere fancy like a wedding I only iron the visible post of my shitty. Saves loads of time.
>>
Why are people so fake? The world could be such a nice place when people would give less fucks about what others think about them

I'll never get it
>>
>>677610315
Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like? You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that
>>
>>677612749
Why should I do that mate?
>>
>>677612899
Ite Mate, nice dubs and English skills
>>
>>677612743
>It's always signs you see at the gym, or when your hungry and someone says 'just have a drink, you're probably just thirsty and think you're hungry' I've always tried to figure it out but never had luck, is not an uncommon thing to hear.

Europoor here, and I've never ever seen a sign like that or heard someone say that. And I go to the gym and know quite a lot of people.

Where are you from? Is it an Amerifat thing? Are the chads in the gyms so mentally challenged that they don't know if they're thirsty or hungry? Questions, questions
>>
>>677612899
Dubs confirm, I've been as far as decided to use even go want to do look like for all I can say
>>
Do people actually notice you're anxious? It makes me even more anxious while wondering when I'm anxious
>>
>>677612955

Alright listen, Waj. What you said before about this being wrong, it IS wrong, bro.
>>
>>677612896
It's a psychological thing that comes from evolution, we seek acceptance with a pack because it's an evolutionary instinct. We may have outgrown the need to do it, but we still do because it's our instinct and we believe it will keep us safe. People are so fake because they want to fit in, and fitting in is necessary in our instinctual mind.
>>
>>677612662
Well done, I'm confused.
>>
>>677613080
Britishfag actually. Went to a pretty nice/expensive gym and have heard it said many times in my life.
>>
>>677613249
Only if it's super obvious do you need to be anxious about these things. It's not needed as most won't notice.
>>
>>677613294
That actually makes sense, thanks anon. Guess I'm just missing some evolutionary traits because fucked up mind.
hate children (like I feel nothing when one gets fucked up, worst of all I have a daughter and never felt any father feeling things), am very bad at fitting in and don't give a fuck, stuff like that.

Guess I'm just a weirdo.
>>
>>677613372
Interesting, could be just a cultural thing
>>
>>677613541
Yeah because I'm geting anxious over the anxiety it gets super obvious at times. Like I'm starting to sweat while thinking "oh noes, people are gonna notice I'm sweating", start twitching and have racing heart and fast breath.

The more I wonder the worse it gets. Sucks donkey balls. I always have it in public transport when there are lots of people or worse when I have to stand.

Only thing helping seems to be facing it and being in these situations a lot
>>
>>677613632
It is. There are studies on that shit. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2849909/
>>
>>677613569
Some people are just outside the evolutionary norm, but don't forget that humans have now stepped outside of evolutionary constraints so whilst it's instinctual to most, some have developed past the need for it. Depending on what geneticist you read, you're either really weird or slightly more advanced.
>>
>>677613765
I used to get the same thing, my fix is always just to find something and kinda let my eyes zone out at it, helps my brain zone out too and I become more comfortable.
>>
>>677613316
I hope that you will be confused , Anon . This call of God I say , never be confused , because that is a sin in God'd eyes.mplease not a sin , Anon . I will always love you so much I sometimes to fuck your mother love you too bye bye
>>
>>677613800
Wow, didn't expect that but nice find
>>
>>677613822
>Depending on what geneticist you read, you're either really weird or slightly more advanced.
Thanks, I like to think I'm both.

>Advanced weird.
>>
>>677613800
I guess it is just cultural. Thanks anon, you've really helped. This thread is going much better than expected.
>>
>>677613974
>I used to get the same thing, my fix is always just to find something and kinda let my eyes zone out at it, helps my brain zone out too and I become more comfortable.
Yeah helps me too, it only gets off the chart when there's nothing I can stare at. Like in the middle of a full metro standing, with people looking around all over the place. I just want to vanish in these situations, and even left the metro earlier than I wanted because of it.

Sucks. I got it because of hard drug abuse and amphetamine psychosis by the way. Never had that before
>>
>>677614066
You, anon, are the start of a new breed of Humans. The Homo Advanced Weird.
>>
>>677614194
Fuck yiss!

And I've already procreated, so now I can just be the typical /b/tard and never fuck grills again. mfw society got a little weirder because of me. Feels good.
>>
>>677614164
I just got it naturally. I like to focus on walls or reflective windows, but my city has no metro so I don't have much experience with that situation. Only when I go down to London really.
>>
>>677614326
You have advanced humanity more than you could ever know. Go forth and procreate, band together and create societies. Be free, good people.
>>
Why do people enjoy movies in the cinema with hundreds of retards and kids and whatnot?

If you could just see it in the comfort of your home, with a person you like and do all the things you fucking want like smoking or eating normally priced crap and stuff. And I'm not talking about novelty tech like 3D and shit, just a normal movie.

I'll never get it
>>
>>677614521
For me it's the seats, and the quality. Spend an Extra pound on the subwoofer seats if you can get them. Go to day screenings to avoid the Tards. It's good to see the much higher quality on a giant screen, and cinemas spend hundreds of thousands per screen on sound tech. Don't know about you but I can't afford that shit in my living room. But I know what you mean, I still prefer to watch in the comfort of my own home, but I also like the cinema.
>>
>>677614521
Also, just buy food and take it into the cinema with you. It's not difficult to just put sweets and bottles in a bag or whatever, retard.
>>
>>677614521
Right there with you, my brother is a huge fan of cinemas, for me it's just a waste of money. Not to mention the ridiculous prices they seem to have by now, must have tripled since I was a kid.

3D is even worse, since all the glasses do, is make the image sharp again, since it gets blurred due to the 3D image.
> 3D the technology of the 80s, but now!

I have yet to watch a movie with halfway decent 3D.
> inb4 Avatar

Anyway, for him it's the screen size and the sound system, he also tries to sit in the middle in front of the screen and shit like that.
>>
>>677614891
Only film I ever saw where 3D made the experience and visuals better was Ant Man. Other than that 3D is useless.
>>
>>677615109
I forgot to mention that I wear glasses, so I'd probably wouldn't get the full experience even if the movie wasn't shittily made.
>>
Most people think that taxation isn't really theft. How can 99% of the world's population not realise how brainwashed they are?
>>
Are they gonna me me fuck a dog out there brother Omar?
>>
>>677615357
Oh yeah, fiancée wears glasses and she says it makes 3D films terrible.
>>
Mushalar brother crow
>>
File: fockinwot.jpg (21 KB, 600x315) Image search: [Google]
fockinwot.jpg
21 KB, 600x315
>>677613987
>>
>>677614749
>>677614860

Fair enough, thanks for your insight on this. Maybe for me movies aren't that important in general so I avoid the hassle and just watch them on my TV. It's good enough for me, but I now get why you'd want to go to a cinema
>>
>>677615464
Theft implies that you aren't getting services in return. The current UK government uses Taxes to pay their buddies, so it is theft, however taxes if used by a noncorrupt government aren't theft. If only that were possible.
>>
I've never understood why some people are cunts. Like they're born terrible and try to be terrible at any given opportunity.
>>
>>677615706
I'm a film studies student and critic, so I like to get as much out if the experience of film as possible. But I get that off you aren't a film buff it isn't really important.
>>
>>677615782
>I've never understood why some people are cunts. Like they're born terrible and try to be terrible at any given opportunity.

Yeah I've wondered the same too.
>>
>>677612752
Using a good technique to hang out the clothes to dry will save you the ironing.
>>
>>677615877
That totally makes sense.

For me different things are important than for you, and that's totally fine. How boring the world would be if we'd all like the same things. Also I don't like people in general when not on festivals so I naturally avoid places filled with them.
>>
>>677616102
if you hang the clothes properly there is less wrinkles.

thats' really simply dude
>>
>>677615782
It's the way they're raised. Selfish parents who put emphasis on meanness and think the cold will raise themselves to be useful members of society will make similar children. Typically the sort of people that spout 'muh economics' and think their own culture is the only culture. It's not just as American thing, every country has them.
>>
>>677615877
But can you keep all the thoughts until the end? Or do you write them down? I like to watch movies with a couple of friends and analyse them to a certain degree. But that's usually only possible if we talk during the movie.
>>
Why the fuck did my cat think to lift up the rug, shit almost a kilo of brown fudge then put the rug back on top to hide his dirty crime.
>>
>>677610315
Dwarves can mistake thirsty for hungry because they mostly drink ale.
>>
>>677616348
Keep all our thoughts to the end, but most of my mates that I go see movies with I met going Media Studies at GCSE and A Level so we have a lot of experience doing just that. But I get wanting to talk during films.
>>
>>677612743
Yeah I've heard this allot in school.
Southern amrifag here
>>
>>677616459
Because you never let it outside or empty it's litter, Alan.
>>
>>677616459
Because cats are fuckers, but not dumb fuckers. Mine also did shit like that.

But even if they shit on like clothes or something they still cover it because it's just what cats do.
>>
>>677616459
>>677616459
why dont you let it outside or clean its litter dude, at least the cat had the decency to hide its mess.
>>
>>677615727
>Theft implies that you aren't getting services in return.

So if a mugger robs you in the street, and then gives you lunch, the mugging wasn't theft?
>>
>>677612602
Op is american?
>>
>>677616822
Op is britbong
>>
>>677616791
More like, you move into a new home and there is a mugger at the end of your block, who tells you he's going to mug you each day on the way to work, but you'll get a sandwich each day on the way back.
Do you still move into your new home, or do you start looking for a neighborhood with a dealer at the end of the block?
>>
>>677616319

There's something else. Some siblings with everything going for them are shit people while the other family members are fine.
>>
>>677616791
If he gives you lunch of approximately similar value to the money you gave him, and you handed it over with clear conscious mind, then yes, it wasn't theft it was a service. I know why you're complaining, and whilst it's a shit system, privatisation of everything would be far worse and leave far more in the dog house because instead of paying 30-40% of income for services, you'd be paying 60-70% to private firms for worse services.
>>
>>677617067
This implies babies have a choice as to which country they're born in.
>>
>>677616917
OP here, can confirm britbong status
>>
>>677617243
The value has nothing to do with whether it's theft or not. If you take $5 from me *without* my consent, and then buy me a house and a ferrari, relieving me of the $5 was still theft.
>>
>>677617249
No, it implies that you have the choice of moving away, the moment you as a fully grown adult are required to pay taxes.
American children don't pay taxes, do they?
>>
>>677617243
>instead of paying 30-40% of income for services, you'd be paying 60-70% to private firms for worse services.
Basically this, it happens all the time when stuff is privatized.
>>
>>677617241
It's only half the story as to parentage the rest is a number of other outside factors during first 14 or so years of life. Their early friends, the movies and TV they're subjected to. And about 10% of personality is really just a random number generator of shittiness.
>>
>>677610315
we eat so much crap that our brains confuse the sensations of thirst for hunger. when we're thirsty, we want to consume something nourishing and fulfill that empty-ish feeling, and we relate that to certain foods.
>>
>>677615560
Que?
>>
>>677617573
All those countries with low taxes are the places riddled with poverty, slavery and general shittiness like Africa and the Middle East. And places with higher taxes there are more rich people and much less poverty, just as The Nordic Countries. America just has a fear of anything other than the far right hanging over them since they were at war with the Communists.
>>
>>677617370
But you are consenting. Why not move to a paradise where the government doesn't interfere and nobody pays tax, like Madagascar or Somalia?
>>
I don't mind paying taxes to get services in return. I could also not pay taxes and get nothing, live in the woods or something. My choice to pay them to have social security, healthcare, streets, and shit.

I only hate the way taxes are spent and high corruption and stuff like that. They could be spent much more intelligent. Not gonna happen tho
>>
>>677618163
Exactly. But the people keep voting in those that are most corrupt because of ''muh economy'
>>
Why do people think that others who get up late in the day are scum?

Like I get up at 2PM and work in the evening. I choose to do it like that, I don't have to work late. Could also do it in the morning, my choice.

But I often get shit because I don't get up at 6AM like a good citizen. I just like to sleep long, but I work no less than others.
>>
>>677618467
If you work nights and plan to continue to do so for a long time then people who don't get that clearly believe that night jobs aren't real jobs.
>>
>>677618610
Yeah, I think the difference they make is that I choose to do it.

Like they don't hate hospital night shift workers because it needs to be done. In my case it doesn't need to be like that, I just want it. That they don't get. Go to sleep early and get up early with a smile on your face, their fucked up ideal.
>>
>>677618786
Really just not what they're used to. It doesn't matter what time, just how long you sleep for each day.
>>
>>677613569
I believe that's called sociopath
>>
>>677618467
They likely project their lifecycle onto yours and assume that you'll get up at 2 pm, but will go to sleep at 10-12 pm, like they do.
So they just assume you 'wasted' half a day.
>>
>>677619327
That sounds probable yeah.

I love my free time to be in the night, everything's so calm and lovely. I also do shit with friends during the day so I'm not isolated or something like that. Thanks for your advice
>>
>>677619479
As long as you can afford to have said cycle, go for it, The amount of sleep we need and the way we tend to sleep have been theorized and criticized and no one really knows what's best.

But it's probably somewhere between 5 minute naps every hour and 12 hour sleep every 48 days or something.
>>
Why do people think jacking to "feminine dicks" is not gay at all? All the no homo trap threads, weird
>>
>>677619877
That's just, like, their opinion man. Let people do what they want, is it your business what they jack to when you come control it either way? Maybe they are kind of bi, maybe they're straight but curious, who the fuck cares. People do as people do.
>>
>>677619116
Hmm, I seem to lack a lot of traits of one when looking it up. But thanks anyway, I'll look into that further. Wish there was a disease clearly stating why I am like I am. Not that I'd want to cure said disease, I like it this way.
>>
>>677620331
Ofc they can jack to whatever they want. But why do they deny that it's actually a dick and not a legit grill.

I've got no problem with gay people, traps or anyone else, but why deny that you're jacking to a dick? Nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>677620562
They don't deny it's a dick, but a manly dick has at least some hair, larger balls and are typically uncut. Less manly (hence feminine) dicks are the opposite. At least in the eyes of main society. Hence, masculinity and femininity can be applied to penises bot because they are a female part bit because they are seen as not masculine. It's quirks like this that come from a language without a natural gender for words, where things have to be masculine or feminine instead of neuter like German
>>
>>677620923
That actually makes sense anon, and kek I actually am German
>>
>>677621106
Then you see what I mean about a neutral being needed to help understand this shit?
>>
>>677620562
There are no chicks with dicks, only dudes with tits.
>>
>>677621217
Yeah I do, and I now get why you'd call it that in English.
>>
>>677613765
I have the same problem
>>
>>677621343
It's amazing that is came to be this widely spoken honestly, it leaves huge gaps grammatically but at least it's more simplistic I guess?
>>
>>677621377
It fucking sucks, I also can't listen to music since I always get anxious somebody might hear me breathe or whatever.

Sounds ridiculous, probably is but I just can't help it. I'm totally normal at home, but as soon as I go outside I feel watched. When someone honks I always think it's because of me, or when people snicker at something or basically just all the time.

I really really hate it.

Only at nice festivals I'm kinda normal, because people are weird there and don't try hard to be normal like on the streets. And I live in a place where looks is everything, you need to have money and fuckexpensive cars and everybody is snobistic here. I don't have it as much when I am in other countries where people aren't that huge cunts
>>
>>677621635
>It's amazing that is came to be this widely spoken honestly, it leaves huge gaps grammatically but at least it's more simplistic I guess?

Yeah I guess it's simplicity is why it's so widespread. Then again french is worse and it's pretty widespread as well. Not comparable to englisch, but still..
>>
>>677611991
Fucking kek'd at this, legend movie
>>
>>677622021
And Mandarin is confusing as fuck and it's the most widely spread in the world.
>>
>>677621880
are you me?
where are you from anon?
my city isn't really snobistic but i have exact the same anxieties
>>
>>677622634
Luxembourg, Europoor. You know the country full of banks and money. And I live in the fucking city of it. I should really move somewhere else, different country if possible.

Also sucks that you've got the same thing. Did it start with some trigger event for you? Creeped on you or did you have it all your life?
>>
>>677622021
>Then again french is worse and it's pretty widespread as well
colonialism. also a factor for english
>>
>>677622448
Fucking incredible movie.
>>677623012
Yeah, but even ex-Spanish and French colonies now speak English.
>>
>>677611991
I'm curious now, will watch it
>>
>>677622634
Also where are you from?
>>
File: 1457524644486.jpg (202 KB, 615x820) Image search: [Google]
1457524644486.jpg
202 KB, 615x820
>>677610315
Well anon I did wrestling in HS so I could only estimates and drink a certain amount. In order to not suffer the feeling of dying of thirst when I was dangerously dehydrated to make my weight class I somehow got rid of the "thirst in my throat" and it's been gone ever since. Which sucks because I can have brown pee and not "feel" thirsty so I have to monitor my water intake so I dont just eat food and not drink anything for a day or two. I hope that explains some things because that's the best I can explain.
>>
>>677616459
1: Cats hide their waste to prevent predators from sniffing them out more easily
2: Cats don't like to poop in places that already smell like poop
3: clean your cat's litter box you lazy fuck
4: If 3 does not apply, your cat might be sick.
>>
>>677623670
Yeah I can imagine that really sucks, not feeling anything. I just have that when on certain drugs, I'll then need to look at my pee (if it's nothing diuretic) to know.
>>
>>677610315

How do people eat food thats too hot to touch?
>>
>>677624046
your fingers and hands are packed full on nerves, and the flesh of your mouth is better suited/accustomed to higher temperatures.
>>
>>677622902
I am from Germany.
I don't know since when I have this problem, but it started before I was 14 yo.
I always was a bit shy, insecure etc and may have a light social anxiety.
>>
>>677624046
The liquid in their mouths cools it whilst the mouth is insulated to keep it from burning. Also, fingers are suuuuuper sensitive to heat. Food could be fine to eat but difficult to touch, or too hot to eat and too hot to touch.
Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.