[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /b/. My friend recently wrecked his car being stupid.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 2
Alright /b/. My friend recently wrecked his car being stupid. Then insurance totaled his car, and cut him a check for the value of it. The problem is the value wasn't much, and he don't have the money for something else. I currently have a weekend toy that I don't really have the time to drive. He asked me a few hours ago if he could borrow it until he got something new. My issue is that if he wrecked his own car, what makes me think he won't do the same to mine? I've put a lot of time, money, and effort into it and If he smashed it I don't know if I could forgive him. What do?
Pic semi related. Looks like my car.
>>
Nothing?
>>
>>677607141
exactly
>>
post in /f/eels faggot
>>
Tell him to fuck off.
Wouldn't do that.
>>
>>677607460
Sorry. Not enough feminine cock in here for you? I don't have any... but feel free to post some.
>>
>>677606374
Don't do it man he does not know the struggle of biulding a car and will just beat on it and not care for it
>>
Looks like a mitsubishi gt3000,maybe vr4.
If yes, then refuse ^^
>>
>>677607672
It's the vr4. I've put around 15k into repaiting, rebuilding the motor, upgrading the internals, and bigger turbos.

>>677607630
That's kinda how I'm feeling but we have been friends for a decade.
>>677607666
True. And sick trips.
>>
My insurance only covers me or my wife driving, so i'm not even allowed to let any one else drive. That's the best if you don't want to give the car away...
>>
>>677607903
If he's a true friend... tell him how you feel. He has to accept that, even if it's hard.
>>
Love me a clean 3000GT, always wanted one. Got a Stagea instead
>>
>>677606374

Lend your mate your car. He will owe you. Favours are good. Friendship is stronger. If car gets wrecked, friendship is tested.
>>
>>677606374
whatever you do, dont fucking pussyfoot it.

I always pussyfoot it, i would tell him that i need the car for this random thing this week, but then hell ask "ok next week then" and then i wont know what to say but clearly dont want to give it

people hate me for that, im spineless in that way.

Just say either "no, dont want to cus if you wreck it i would have lost a bazillion dollaz" or "sure, but this car cost me a bazillian dollaz, and if you wreck it i will expect you to pay me every singe one of them back. then make him clearly say "yes, i will pay you back then"
>>
>>677608151
I can't lie to him.

>>677608263
Would you accept it? Your bro leaving you stranded?

>>677608297
It's really not just a car though. The personal value, let alone the cash value, is high.
>>
>>677606374
get full coverage and make sure it covers anyone behind your wheel if he's a good friend, otherwise tell to fuck off
>>
Don't do it man. If he wrecks your car, you'll never get the exact money you put into it back. You might not get it at all if your insurance doesn't cover your friends too. And it's almost a given that your friend with crash it like he did his own. Besides, this is not some random daily, this is your baby. And handing her over to some guy who can't even respect his own car would be an insult to it.
>>
My momma always said there's two things you never let your friends borrow, your girlfriend and your car.
>>
>>677608717
>Would you accept it? Your bro leaving you stranded?
Hell, if i had crashed my car because i'm fucking stupid (and thats what you implied...), than,... yes, i would accept being told so.
>>
>>677608717
You fucking fuck face. You're going against everyone's opinion. So stfu. Give him the keys or not ether way bot our problem
>>
do not let friends drive your car. Let a buddy borrow my skyline for a few days and he got into a police chase and ran it over a curb. Almost got my car crushed by the Feds because it is a R33 and is not 25 year legal
>>
>>677608794
That's a decent point. Maybe I should just let him take my daily driver and I'll drive the other one around.

>>677608763
My insurance company doesn't cover anyone not on my policy. Period.

>>677608794
No joke. The worst part is he was texting and driving, and I know he isn't going to stop.
>>
>>677609080
I'd kill him. I'd fuckin rip him to shreds man.
>>
Never give someone money you can't afford to not get back.

Same thing goes with a car. If you lend anyone anything you have to do it with the understanding that you may never see it again.
>>
>>677606374
If you really want to help him, loan him your daily driver and drive the Mitsu yourself. Let him know that you will damage him if he damages your car.
>>
NEVER loan out vehicles you don't want destroyed. Friendship doesn't make him not a fucking idiot, and if he kills someone expensively guess whose insurance rates are ruined for life?? Not his.

Either sell or give him the car if you love his cock that much, or don't, but do NOT loan him the car while you own it!!

OP was wise to ask here before doing something horribly stupid.

Not all favors are good. Friendship isn't always genuine, and even good people can be stupid and incompetent. For example I've a good bro I would NEVER lend money because he a compulsive gambler. He knows better than to ask. Boundaries are wise.

Ignore this troll:

>Lend your mate your car. He will owe you. Favours are good. Friendship is stronger. If car gets wrecked, friendship is tested.

Friends have the obligation for their own good to get and keep their shit together. I've given bros all sorts of things including vehicles, and they've given me all sorts of things including vehicles. We don't run on each others insurance. That's as stupid as getting a prostate massage with a burning cactus.
>>
>>677609128
Exactly! He proved that he's an idiot, don't do it as well. If he means that much to you, borrow him your daily but never your baby. Also, how little money did he get that he can't buy a used old car or at least rent one?
>>
>>677606374
If you think he is good friend but think he may wreck loan him your daily beater and use your toy to go to work n stuff
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>677609080
Also, let another buddy borrow my Toyota chaser and he ended up blowing a tire at 120mph and ran it off the road. Did about 1500 dollars in damage and guess who had to eat that cost? Moral of the story is dont let people drive your fast modified cars without you there. Guaranteed they will do stupid fucking things like speed or try and drift it. People are assholes.
>>
>>677606374
if the cunt can't look after his own car and it cost him money, why would he look after yours?
>>
>>677609202
Lol I did believe me. Got into a legitimate fist fight at the next car meet. Luckily there was no damage done besides denting the fuck out of all 4 of my RPF1s. He paid me 500 bucks but that didn't quite cover it. Oh well I've learned my lesson now.
>>
>>677609352
It was less than 600 bucks. And he isn't 25 yet so most places won't even rent to him.

>>677609307
Wise anon.

>>677609392
This is probably what I'll do.

>>677609394
That would piss me off to no extent.
>>
>>677609559
Damn they're idiots. That Toyota looks fuckin sick man, kudos.
>>
Not a car story. But my friend caught some major drug charges one time and I bonded him out on the condition that he paid me back before his arraignment.

I gave the bondsman $10000 (10% of bail) and the title to my house (that's how it works) and bonded him out.

Guess what? That bastard skipped town and the bondsman was a few court days away from getting my fucking house.

Good thing they caught my friend shop lifting 1000 miles away before the bondsman could do that.

Point is most friendships are fucking shit anyway and don't take his loss of friendship as a loss, and more as a personal gain. People are selfish. You should be too.
>>
>>677609967
Fuck. That's shitty.
>>
>>677606374

Books, cars and women.

The three things you don't loan out.
>>
>>677610042
Yea, he's doing 20 years in Federal Prison now and has 10 to do in state afterwards. Fuck him
>>
>>677610269
Catch him when he gets out.
>>
tell him to fuck off, if he can't take care of his own car then why should u give him yours?
>>
>>677610300
Revenge helps none.
>>
>Alright /b/. My friend recently wrecked his car being stupid

No. End of story,
>>
>>677606374
No. I loaned a down and out friend (known him for 20+ years by this time and I was best man at his wedding) my rebuilt Land Rover Series III - total classic. The friend was running a landscaping business and was only supposed to tow his trailer. The idiot tried to pull a tree stump out and literally ripped the rear subframe out. 6 months later I was still waiting to be paid back for repairs. 10 years later he still owes me and is no longer a friend. When he finally got money from his parents' estate, he bought himself a ton of good stuff and I didn't see a penny.

Your mate will NOT do the right thing by you. Let him buy a junker with a. loan.
>>
If you really feel sorry for him then offer to pay for a rental or buy him a beater?

Or just say, lol, no, if you can't drive your own car you're not driving mine
>>
>>677611509
All of the negative stories ITT are making me just want to leave him hanging. Just tell him fuck off and not let him borrow anything.
>>
Why don't you give him your daily driver and you drive your mitsu for a few days? Tell him it's for X amount of days then that's it.
>>
>>677611559
Not even this. Offer to help him put a wreck back into use but no money and no car. If he hates on you because of a refusal then he was not your friend in the first place.
>>
>>677607903
You are going to lend yuour friend a VR4 you have spent 15K on?
You are fucking retarded OP

I paid £1,000 for my Del Sol and spend maybe £4,000 on it including colour change. I would not let anyone elese drive it.
Yeah it's only a Sol but I fucking love it, and that's only £5,000

OP, just say no. like you said, if he totaled his own car, he's a shit driver in which case NO ir he just doesnt care, in which case GO FUCK YOURSELF.
>>
>>677606374
I live by the motto "Don't Lend Out Shit". Works so far. People don't ask and all my shit is in good shape.
>>
>>677612132
Copy that. Fucking myself now.

>>677612360
Seems like a decent moto if it's worked that long.
>>
I dont understand, if insurance cut him a check for wrecking his car, why doesn't he just buy his own?
>>
>>677612774
It wasn't much. It was less than 600 bucks.
>>
>>677606374
let him drive your other car then
>>
>>677611509
Take him to court.
>>
Op here. I just told him I'd let him borrow the durango (my daily driver) and he got pissy about me not giving him the vr4. After a brief conversation I told him to fuck off. Thanks for all the input.
>>
>>677613359
You should let him borrow a gun with which to kill himself
>>
>>677613359
Wouldve done the same, i dont let anyone drive my shit unless youre paying me
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.