[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how the fuck do i quit smoking /b?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 10
File: cig.jpg (153 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
cig.jpg
153 KB, 1600x1200
how the fuck do i quit smoking /b?
>>
>>677599541
The eventual heart attack thats how my dad did it
>>
Just fucking stop lighting cigarettes. You need to want it. It's all willpower.
>>
>>677599737

You're an idiot.

>>677599541
You will never stop.
>>
Champix
>>
>>677599541
I switched to vaping. Believe it or not, I have maybe a stoge once or twice a month tops now. Quitting vaping once I get the chance too
>>
>>677599541
talk to a doctor, make a plan, and if you break and smoke a few, don't give up. it's almost impossible OP. don't beat yourself up for struggling.
>>677599737
also don't listen to 12 year olds who've never even met someone who smokes
>>
>>677599737
>>677599815
these guys combined, but instead of stop lighting you stop buying..
>>
Every time you feel like having a cigarette, just masturbate. The pain from the chafing should make you realize the amount of smokes you go through per day, which will probably disgust you.

Or start vaping and let everyone make fun of you til you quit.
>>
>>677599541
E cigarettes worked for me anon, have you thought about trying one?
>>
Just switch to heroin OP. If you make sure you're always really smacked out and nodded off, you can't possibly smoke...and if you do you'll probably just fall asleep with it and burn your house down anyhow.
>>
>>677600122
i have smoked vapes and hookas with friends before but i don't know how great of a substitute they would be
>>
>>677599541
Count how many you have per day.
Lets start with 20?

Tomorrow have 19.

The day after have 18 and so on.

Keep going till you have 1 durrie a day.

It will honestly taste like licking ash from an arsehole. Thats how i quit
>>
>>677599541
go with vaping. I smoked 30 cigarettes a day. Started vaping 6 weeks ago and havn't smoked a tobacco cigarette since. Also healthier and cheaper. You can reduce nicotine when you're used to vaping.

inb4 hipsterfag
>>
I used patches along with quickmist and nicotine gum for the first 2 weeks then I went off it all been smoke free for like 10 months now
>>
this thread was a bad idea. i just even shittier now
>>
>>677599541
As soon as you want to quit you will. Until you want it, you're wasting effort. When you realise you don't want to smell bad all the time. When you don't want your car/home to smell rancid. When you want money in your pocket. When you don't want to be such a slave to a government and corporation that is in sound knowledge they are selling you poison but are happy to reap the rewards. When you don't want to leave yourself weak when the time comes, when you need to run, fight, escape. When you no longer want to be a dependant liability.

>Quit three years ago
>Not a single drag on a smoke since
>Did it cold turkey, no aids
>>
>>677599541
Smoke something stronger like crack cocaine. Eventually you'll be rid of tobacco, marijuana, and anything else.
>then you quit crack
>>
>>677600622
Faultless logic.
>>
>>677600435
But who was phone
>>
Any time you want to buy cigarettes/cigars, just put the money you would spend in a little piggy bank and spend it all on jawbreakers at the local candy shop
>>
>>677599541

Aversion therapy.
I gave up for 18 months after me and a few workmates got sacked from our casual cash in hand job - we went to the pubs in town and ordered drinks all day, I had a 3-day hangover during which I was unable to even think about cigs without vomiting. Once recovered, I didn't want cigs or drink anymore.
>>
>>677599811

>You're an idiot.
well, actually he's right. you are just weak.
>>
>>677600435
See;
>>677600466

There is no magic spell but once you want it it's pretty easy.
>>
>>677599940
OP doesn't actually want to quit or else he'd do that
>>
File: 51Za1yFyFrL.jpg (42 KB, 326x500) Image search: [Google]
51Za1yFyFrL.jpg
42 KB, 326x500
>>677599541
Pic related
I've been smoke free for over a year total I had one relapse for like a month but I reread this and pulled myself out again
My sister has been smoke free for around 4 years

The most important thing is to have an open mind going into this program and to truly realize that almost everything you have been told about tobacco is a lie and that there are absolutely no benefits to smoking it causes the stress you are relieving its all a withdrawal trap until you break the chain
>>
Buy a vape
>>
>>677600435
Here's what you do
>listen very carefully
>rob a bank
>I can help you plan that part later I'm just going step-by-step through the overall plan
>spend the money on jawbreakers at the local candy shop
>stop smoking
>eat pure sugar instead
BAM! You've officially quit smoking
>>
Put a bullet in your brain, it's the quickest way.
>>
>>677600889
Thats how i lost 110 lbs, just stopped fucking eating.
Im serious.
>>
>>677599541
you do not.
>>
>>677600985
Also OP remember that quitting smoking is harder than quitting any other drug. Yes, other drugs have a more profound physical effect on the body when you try to go clean but the psychological and social aspects of smoking coupled with the impact of nicotine do make it the hardest. When you quit, you will get ill. You'll be tired, have colds and coughs. You'll be a mess. It's your bidy repairing. Give it a month and you'll be on the upturn. Things get better from there.
>>
>>677599541
Switch over to vaping.
Then slowly reduce the nicotine rate in the liquid until it is pure liquid, over the duration of about 6 months.

VOILA! Addiction gone without withdrawl symptoms!
>>
Okay, here's what you do
>quit smoking; start toking
>buy a bong
>get some of that marijuana
>toke it like you have lung cancer and you're dying tomorrow. Like I'm talking 0% chance of survival, you're practically already dead so you just have to live life to the fullest.
>realize you are no longer smoking
>technically speaking
>you did it
>celebrate by going down to the local candy shop and buying yourself some jawbreakers
>>
>>677601086
this. the book is annoying and repetitive, but somehow it worked. now smoke free for 10 months
>>
Give it up for Lent. Surprised it was that easy for me. But you're probably an atheist like most of the /b/tards
>>
>>677599541
i switched to skoal/copenhagen and then a few months later, to the gum

easy as pie
>>
>>677599541
You don't
>>
I have started vaping a month ago, been a smoker for almost 5 years. The day I received my istick basic, I decided to quit smoking and have never touched a cigarette since then. Yeah well I started vaping just for saving some money, instead I'm wasting my money on every eliquid 'cuz I want to try everything, but quit smoking ahah
>>
Inb4 more jawbreakers
>>
>>677599541
Using Fishermans Friends instead smoking,after that cant smoke with minty mouth
>>
File: HitchSlap.jpg (59 KB, 736x272) Image search: [Google]
HitchSlap.jpg
59 KB, 736x272
>>677599541
why would you want to quit smoking? sounds like something a faggot would do
>>
don't listen to these beta fucks op. i quit smoking in nov cold turkey and haven't looked back. and i was homeless for like 4 months after that aka actualy stressed/needing a smoke.

sorry you guys are weak, but stop telling everyone else to accept their weakness like it's some inherent quality. you sound like christians legislating morality.

fags
>>
>>677600104
vaping actually works so well to stop the cravings - i just keep it sneaky, in my house and car only these days
>>
>>677600466
>>677601436
Also to qualify this;
>Male, 26, White, UK
>Smoked for 7 years
>Smoked roughly 30 a day
>Quit 3 years with no relapse
>I attempted several times and failed, vaping, lozenges, gum. It took me wanting to quit instead of thinking I should to do it
>I'm healthier and fitter now
>Aftershave doesn't cover smoke smell to non-smokers. Airfreshener doesn't work at home or in your car.
>My teeth are whiter and healthier now
>My eyes are white
>My skin is clear always and hair healthy and not dry
>Stop smoking, get bitches
>Trade bitches for jawbreakers
>>
>You could try some of that nicotine gum or whatever
>heard it was pretty effective
>if the gum gets too addictive as well you can go down to the local candy shop and buy yourself some regular gum
>while you're there you can also get yourself some jawbreakers
>>
>>677601936
kekd
>>
i only 2 or 3 a day but I still feels like it sucks energy out of me

should i consider quitting?
>>
>>677599541

Just decide and stay strong as your life depends on it (...).

>be me
>smoking 20+ cig/day for more than 10 years (agreed could be worse but not casual smoker nevertheless)
>decided one night that tomorrow I'd stop
>suffered from quitting like hell for 3 days
>now (2 years) I'm done, never smoked again
>>
>>677602078
Yes, you twat. Two or three a day isn't a benefit and it isn't overly a negative. It's just a waste of money and a slight drain on your health.
>>
>>677602078
Two or three jawbreakers a day?
you might get diabetes, man...
It's really your choice
>>
>>677602206
nah fags i mean

i suck off 2 or 3 fags a day bro
>>
snus

helped me for about a year, until i was made fun of, then got back to cigs.
>>
>>677602158
how old are you if i may ask?
>>
>>677599541
Cold turkey.

I quit August 15, 2015 after 6 years. You have to find the strength inside you and do it.

I love not smoking. I don't even think about unless i'm downwind from someone. It's gross and it looks weak.

This is not the first time I have quit.

Protips:
(1) no gum, or vape or patch
(2) one slip and you'll be back to a pack-a-day within a week, that's in the first week all the way to the 624th week (first time I fail)
>>
Step 1 - don't smoke a cigarette
Step 2 - repeat step 1
>>
No clue op but i have a story
>be me
>hanging out with britbong bro
>murican as fuck
>bro looks at me and asks me if i want to go outside and blow a fag
>u_fucking_wut_nigger.gif
>get really mad and call him an asshole
>realize what he meant and we go blow a fag
>shit was cash
>>
>>677602577

31 /b/ro,
>>
>>677602577
thx i somehow guessed that
>>
File: Daggggggg.jpg (2 MB, 1536x2560) Image search: [Google]
Daggggggg.jpg
2 MB, 1536x2560
I quit last year, I chewed an ungodly amount of spearmint gum.

Like tons. My jaw hurt from chewing so much gum
>>
>>677602857
>>677602778
>>
File: 1458542902411.png (97 KB, 680x591) Image search: [Google]
1458542902411.png
97 KB, 680x591
>>677602888
check them!
>>
>>677600337
Best vape and nicotine juice for a beginner?
>>
>>677601115
surprised no one has called you a faggot yet

faggot
>>
I think I recently quit.. 2 weeks ago I just didn't feel like smoking so much anymore. So I smoked about half the amount of what I usually smoked. Suddenly, I went without smoking for a day or 2. And now I haven't smoked in a week. I wanted to quit smoking anyhow in the near future so I might as well use the momentum rite?
>>
>>677603082
Yes. This is an example of wanting it. You're just not into it anymore.
>>
>>677602504
also it didnt help that someone i knew who quitted smoking for ~2 years an hero'd
>>
>>677599541
>g. I smoked 30 cigarettes a day. Started vaping 6 weeks ago and havn't smoked a tobacco cigarette since. Also healthier and cheaper. You can reduce nicotine when you're used to vaping.
>inb4 hipsterfag

Buy a brand of smokes that you fucking hate, makes you wanna puke (Camels for me).

After a week, you'll never touch them again
>>
File: 1454818313526.jpg (71 KB, 600x656) Image search: [Google]
1454818313526.jpg
71 KB, 600x656
>>677603082
>>677603176
In your fucking dreams, anon. This one your fight. There's no other way.

The other choice is to continue smoking. Vape, and you'll cheat occasionally. The goal is to rid your body of an addictive substance, so stop you from looking like the douche you are (as you look when you smoke in public, and as you are).
>>
>>677600764
kek
>>
File: image.png (493 KB, 1280x863) Image search: [Google]
image.png
493 KB, 1280x863
Hey, I knew these three kids who would chain smoke like crazy but somehow they actually quit. Here's how
>alright so these were the sleaziest con artists in town, lived in a primarily white culdesac surrounded by mostly nice kids
>these goofy looking bastards were con artists that scammed even the nicest kids on the block extorting tons of money from them to feed their cigarette habit
>the main guy, let's call him Eddy was the mastermind of the operation. He had charisma, was a bit of a jerk, and a lot of a thief. Like if these kids had a Christmas special, he would be the one that finds the presents and opens them early
>then there was another kid let's call him Edd or double D, he was the brains of the operation. Eddy thought of the scemes and double D put them into action. He was an awkward dorky type but somehow he was part of the only gang on the culdesac.
>then there was Ed, he was an idiot who was pretty funny at times but all around kinda seemed out of place. He seemed like more of a scapegoat, a guy to take the heat when plans went awry.
>anyways, they bought cigarettes from a guy named Kevin who was almost worse than them. A real bully I suppose
>they went through a real downward spiral and ended up in a trailer park in the worst part of town. Met some heroin junkies called the Kanker sisters
>that's when they wised up. They realized they didn't want to become like that and spent their ill gotten cash on jawbreakers
>I guess they just wanted it off their hands. Like it weighed more on ther conscience than it did on their pockets
>they went back again and again to get jawbreakers and they never smoked another cigarette again
>they were barely into high school when they started smoking and barely out when they stopped
The end
>>
Don't vape, don't chew shitty cigarette gum, don't even do like one of those nicotine patch things. What you actually need to do to get your life on track is go straight to the fucking candy shop, buy some jawbreakers and
>shut
>the
>fuck
>up
>please

Captcha was candy
>>
>>677599541
Don't bother. I don't know you but i'm sure you have nothing to live for anyway.
>>
Did I make everyone leave because of jawbreakers?
>>
>>677599541
Hello OP! I have tried to quit like 20 times at least. And found out the only thing that works (I have quit now) Is putting yourself in a situation where smoking would be devastating.

I told my girlfriend to break up with me if she caught me smoking / I smelled like smoking on my hands.

Then I got a lot of liability friends, you tell them, I will give you whatever (high) amount of money, if you catch me.

Same goes for parents

Tell as many as possible

The shame of not stopping, will be so big, so that you force yourself.

Thats how I quit at least!

Godspeed bro
>>
>>677604102
Might actually try this. Peace /b/ro!
>>
File: 1446009423718.jpg (5 KB, 146x160) Image search: [Google]
1446009423718.jpg
5 KB, 146x160
>>677599541
Just do it. It's not that fucking hard, grow some balls and stop being such a little bitch.
>>
>>677599541
Stop being a faggot OP. Its not that hard
>>
>>677599541
I smoked from 18 till 26 y/o
for the most part, was smoking a pack a day
would try to quit
would then say 'i'll just smoke when i am drinking'
end up picking up the habit again.
joined military didn't smoke for like 4 months
started smoking just on the weekends and maybe once or twice during the week i would have a cig
one day decided to quit cause I had a PT test coming up (1 month before)
took PT test, decided never to smoke again.

haven't looked back since. that was in 2013. haven't smoked a cig since then, still drink though.

i still get craving but then i realize what a waste it is.

also, vaping is for faggots.
>>
>>677599815
Champix gives you depression and anxiety m8 don't use it
>>
Smoke a whole deck right after each other. Then you'll never want to smoke again.
>>
>>677599541
vape. start at around 8mg nicotine, dont stay there to long, dont go past 30-40 watts because you will start climbing that ladder, after a week or two, lower to 6... a few weeks later buy a 3mg, and continue with the 6 and sometimes using the 3mg... im still doing this after a few months, plan on leaving the 6mg, staying on 3 for a few weeks and etc. i can finally fucking breathe, and if i smoke weed, i dont fucking cough like a cancerboi anymore its so fucking nice, i can jog / run for a bit, i can sing :3 just do that man , but dont fucking buy anymore cigs. if you smoke weed, mix a bit of tobacco with it if you want, but be careful because you will become " addicted " to weed. i haven't smoked for like 3-4 days dont give a fuck now, its wonderful

JUST, DO IT.
>>
>>677599541
Dude, anybody can quit something, I've been quitting things my whole life, school, working, caring, so take it from me, it's time to be a real man and finally stick at something, it took me a long while to find something that was right for me but I'm getting my life back on track with a heroin addiction I've been developing for 6 years and going strong now, here for you brother! Achieve something! Don't be a quitter!
>>
File: 1445333782269.jpg (49 KB, 402x399) Image search: [Google]
1445333782269.jpg
49 KB, 402x399
>>677605950
>>
>>677605950
Kek/feel. Professional quitter here.
>>
>>677599541
Vaping and alowly resuce the amount of nicotine you are smoking and if you cant do that call state stop smoking hotline and get niccotine parches for free
>>
>>677605856
dis
>>
Switch to vaping. Slowly decrease strenght of ejuice over time, and finally you can quit vaping with no problems if you want to
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.