[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best way to tell beggars you will not help them?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12
File: beggar.jpg (23 KB, 640x474) Image search: [Google]
beggar.jpg
23 KB, 640x474
What is the best way to tell beggars you will not help them?

I don't like lying and saying i don't have change or cant help because i do and can but i wont but if i tell them that it will be seen as confrontational.

How can i keep from lying but not end up fight a bum?
>>
You just ignore them faggot
>>
if you see them coming ask them for money before they ask you
>>
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 184x273) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 184x273
>>
>>677465421
Even if they are talking to you?
>>
>>677465316
I just ignore them, if they touch u knock them out
>>
>>677465665

No idiot, ignore them when they're minding their own business.

Fucking god damn why are people so fucking stupid...
>>
>>677465970
Wouldnt that also be seen as confrontational or incendiary? If i wanted issues i'd tell them to fuck off and die but i saw a video of some bum lighting some guy on fire and my guess is because he was treated the way you are suggesting.
>>
>>677465421
>>677465640
>>677465665
>>677465868
>>677465970
Just ignore them. I have to walk past like 10 homeless every day on the way to work, there is sometimes this bitch with a dog who will get right in front of you to tell you her tale, I just walk around her and say no. Don't give them the time of day. Works best if you have headphones in and just blank them completely. They are below trash, at least trash doesn't make everywhere smell like piss.
>>
>>677466269

If you get lit on fire for ignoring somebody you must have a real strong sense of assholeness.

99% of people ignore bums idiot. They're used to it.
>>
>>677465665
Frequent a city full of beggars that gets worse by the year. You ever had a job you got a little better at with time? That's how these ones are. They have seen every single reaction and they have tried every combination of words and stories in order to get the best result.

Some of them use guilt, like wearing a tigger hat on their head to remind you of the childhood innocence we all had, and now you're staring at a someone who hit rock bottom. some of them use pity: "My house burnt down and my mama died in the fire, I don't know what I'm gonna do now *tears*) some of them use pressure: "Ay you got any change? I can hear it in your pocket man I ain't asking for nothing huge, it's gonna end up in a drawer anyway come on now man just a little jingle and I'm gone it's tough, hey, wait, listen!"

They all have their styles. Every once in a while you will come across someone who genuinely needs help or someone who is down on their luck, but it is too difficult to tell when you don't regularly visit the areas.

Simply ignore them. If they persist, tell them in a flat tone with no eye contact: "no." If they continue to persist tell them to fuck off. 90% of them will leave you alone if you just ignore and keep walking.
>>
>>677465316
Currently living in a ultra liberal city where bums ask for money daily

At first I would be willing and give small change here and there but then some bums started getting confrontational and emotional. Theyd say shit like 'come on man im a veteran' and 'I'm here all alone' etc

Really pissed me off. Long story short after many experiences I've learned the best thing to do is be stern and say 'sorry don't carry a wallet. '

And don't say shit like 'I'd love to help you' or 'that sucks bro' because they'll try and keep you there in conversation. I never stop for them anymore and just say I don't carry a wallet.
>>
>>677466522

Bums don't work too hard on any one person. If someone gives then they give if they don't they done. Bums have no reason to try extra hard with one person.

Hell if bums were capable of trying hard they wouldnt be bums.
>>
I just chuckle and say "no way I am giving YOU money." The problem is, sometimes they come back with "no I want food"... and then I have to go buy them some food. I hate it when they use advanced tactics like that. I bought a dude a 14 dollar coconut fried chicken meal last week, have negative net worth.
>>
"Sorry Brutha"

Done
>>
if you dont wanna give them money, offer to buy them food so they wont spend it on drugs.
>>
>>677465316
>Be me, give a homeless guy a $20 Bill hoping it would help him in some way.
>Follow bum. See him buy crack or coke from Mr weird face mcgee.
>Spends the rest on booze.

I guess my contribution didn't help him get a job.
>>
>>677467072
But my baby is starving
>>
>>677465316
I ignore them. I absolutely don't even acknowledge their existence. They get the hint pretty quick.
>>
>>677467072
Pretty much this. Standard procedure.
>>
i hope you get robbed
>>
>>677467216
i can feed your baby with my cock
>>
>>677465665
Especially if they're talking to you. Keep your head forward and pointedly avoid eye contact. They'll get it. Also if they're in the parking lot of a gas station or other business that you're about to walk into, say something to the staff and they'll usually tell them to fuck off and quit asking their customers for shit.
>>
>>677467216
"Listen bitch, i've got a $65 a day oxy habit to support- you ain't getting shit"
>>
>>677467352

Seems like a (legally) risky brocedure for, what is the standard, like 5 calories?
>>
>>677465316
>What is the best way to tell beggars you will not help them?

"I will not help you"
>>
>>677465316
dont interact with them
>>
I wear Doc Martens and an Adicts Shirt. I still get asked by bums. I've given heaps of money to the ones I haven't seen before. But if it;s the career spangers I tell them" Look at me, I'm worse off than you are." Or " I got nothing for you."
>>
File: 1458689081760.jpg (10 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1458689081760.jpg
10 KB, 240x240
>>677466916
>if bums were capable of trying hard they wouldn't be bums
>>
>>677467516
lmao
>>
>>677466961
Hey, food is easy to get. Soup kitchens, food shelves. It's nice that you got the person a good meal, though. Sometimes I will give them money, knowing full well that it will likely be spent on drugs or alcohol.
>>
>>677465316
Do not give them any attention at all.
If they force social interaction, say only these words:
Sorry, I don't have any change.
And keep walking, ignoring them completely.
>>
In the south there are two types and you can tell the difference depending on their sign. Ones that say "homeless living in the woods, god bless. Homeless vet has cancer" or some shit, it's fake. They're vagabond hustlers by choice. The other ones that say, "will work for food, etc..." are genuine.
>>
>>677467474
Either quit or buy dope. Oxy sucks and is way too expensive.
>>
>>677465316
kick his fuckng face in with ur army boots b4 he can stand up
>>
>>677468011
I never give panhandlers the time of day as a general rule but the other day a bum approached me and asked if I could help him out because he just needed a bottle of wine. I decided I appreciated the honesty and gave him a buck.
>>
>>677465316
I just look at them in the eye, shake my head, then look somewhere else.
>>
File: 687165468272687.jpg (12 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
687165468272687.jpg
12 KB, 240x240
>>677467352
I hope the Feds come for you and take you in for this comment.
>>
>>677465316
My mom just tells them a sobs story they cant top like " i cant give you money i have less than you my step father touched me when i was younger". Fighting fire with fire so to speak. I once offered to buy a homeless woman food but she refused so i dont even try anymore
>>
>>677468353
back 2 9gag
>>
>>677468461
Haha I like your mom, she sounds cool.
>>
>>677465549
a little late for this but /thread
>>
>>677465316
The simplest thing ever is "sorry but all i've got is credit cards"
>>
File: poor.jpg (233 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
poor.jpg
233 KB, 960x640
Ignore them, straight up. A lot of panhandlers are on the streets because they have severe mental illnesses. Because we've dismantled our mental health system in the US, we literally just have crazy people live on the street. A lot of them won't think twice about cutting your face or some shit. Just keep your eyes ahead and keep fucking moving.
>>
Give them calories instead of cash if you insist on giving them something and you have the spare time.
>>
>>677465316
When they approachh me I am usually laughing at them "no I won't give you anything"
>>
File: Romanian-beggar.jpg (97 KB, 634x467) Image search: [Google]
Romanian-beggar.jpg
97 KB, 634x467
>>677465316

Don't let those homeless take you for a ride,
God looked into their hearts and saw THE DEVIL inside,
He cast them down lower than dogs in the street,
But now there's homeless everywhere getting under my feet.
>>
keep walking, say no
>>
>>677465316
Google the local homeless shelter and inform them of what they offer. They should have 3 free meals a day, offers for work at about 9 bucks an hour for 8 hours 5 to 7 days, and a safe place to sleep.
>>
>>677468743
Until they pull out their card swiper. "I take all major credit cards."
>>
Ask them if they want a job they will say no and walk away
>>
>>677469274
These hipper beggars probably could
>>
>>677469210
Only an asshole would do this. Don't do this, OP.
>>
>>677467474
Kek
>>
>do you have any spare change?
>no

Is it that hard?
>>
File: notanimage.jpg (64 KB, 620x388) Image search: [Google]
notanimage.jpg
64 KB, 620x388
I usually stare on them as if I were a psychopathic killer
>>
>>677469517
>Reading the whole OP
Is it that hard?
That would be a lie and i want to avoid that.
>>
>>677469723
lie or ignore. also fuck your morality. if it was a life and death situation would you not lie to save your life?
>>
>>677465316
>>677465316
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZu7_z7SDEQ
>>
>>677465665
i usually 'jedi' them away
trying to give you little pamphlets, free daily paper for money or some small cheap thing in exchange for money
just shake your head and wave them away
also dont look at them
its not hard
also why do you care?
>>
File: 1373641956288.png (35 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1373641956288.png
35 KB, 700x700
>>677465316
Just say you have no cash on you or that you only have card.

If you wanna be a dick, Glance in their direction so they know that you saw their sign, then spit on the ground. They won't do shit.

I live in the homeless capital of the USA and have never seen a bum that wants to throw down with a non-bum. It's usually vice versa.
>>
>>677469488
Confirmed for bum! I bet you're at the library aren't you.
>>
>>677465316

no one carries cash anymore...

i've easily ditched them with "i don't carry cash, i just have a card".
>>
>>677469723
>I don't have anything for you
Are you seriously autistic? You can have change, it's just not for them, it's for you.
>>
>>677465316

oh to add...

homeless guy on the side of the road and i changed lanes and he thought i did it to avoid him. he SCREAMED at me "hey man, it's only a dollar".

second homeless guy approached me at a gas pump and i explained that i just couldn't and added that i "get a small allowance"--i get 160 a week as i'm in college--and he thought i insulted him and got combative.

luckily in tucson there are VERY few. you see maybe 100 in your life.
>>
File: closing door.gif (2 MB, 245x180) Image search: [Google]
closing door.gif
2 MB, 245x180
Used to live in some Asian shitholes. Told visiting family in advance not to say anything at all because if you do they will chase you relentlessly.

After a few days my family members were still unable to drop their customs and lost a lot of time to them.

Fucking normies.
>>
I just give them money to buy drugs. If thats what makes them happy, fuck if I care.
>>
>>677465316
ok you faggot ass op. your problem is your a shitty person like me except you dont want people to know what you really are. just stop caring, tell the dirty fucks to piss off. better yet offer to put them out of their misery.
>>
>>677465316
I used to carry around a stack or kmart applications with "get a fucking job written on the back".
I stopped doing this after one psycho broke off my side mirror.
>>
File: eh.jpg (92 KB, 367x464) Image search: [Google]
eh.jpg
92 KB, 367x464
i was beseiged in bucharest by gypsy beggars. finally i figured out a solution.

when someone asks you for something, touch your ear and shake your head, as if you are deaf and cannot hear what they are asking.

if they speak again, do it again.

thank me later, fags.
>>
>>677471048
You should have broken off his fucking wrist, man.
>>
>>677471570
smart
>>
File: 1393536461541.jpg (117 KB, 549x988) Image search: [Google]
1393536461541.jpg
117 KB, 549x988
>>677465316
Believe it or not, your posture will have an effect on homeless people asking you for change. If you try to change your stance to be a little more "alpha"; standing up straight, head up, looking forward , chest out. Most homeless people won't bother to ask.

I didn't really believe it until I tried it; and it works pretty good. Obviously there will be bums who will still try to panhandle, but you'll find that you'll be interrupted a lot less if you keep that posture ridged.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.