[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
League of Legends help thread. Currently rank 110 in NA, LCS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 15
League of Legends help thread. Currently rank 110 in NA, LCS substitute for Echo Fox, competitive challenger player. Ask me questions and I'll try to help you.

Usually I add people who roll dubs, but last time it ended up being a get thread and my friends list went full. So only 69, 99, and trips, can be added this time.
>>
How do i play from behind, and how do i help my team when behind?
>>
Bumping once just in case
>>
Im korean why do i suck
>>
>>677408265
rolling for that add also. i have grigne from Team liquid added.
>>
>>677407991
Depends how far behind you are. If only slightly, then you can play to your comps power (poke, teamfight, split) and be successful as long as you AVOID the enemy teams comp power. If you are significantly behind, you usually just have to wait, play back, farm waves, and wait for the enemy team to fuck up before you act on anything. Usually if you're team is behind, you want to help the lane that is the LEAST behind, never help a lane that is getting destroyed, because there is a chance of counter ganks and the whole game would go down hill from there.
>>
>>677408265
>>677408320

Because Asian parents are a bitch. Ye I'm friends with Grigne, he's an Echo Fox sub as well.

Fun fact: I was on his very first competitive team a few years ago when he was 14 or 15
>>
Yo, in currently diamond 2 and I think I can make the push for master within the next few weeks. What are the odds of a support main getting picked up by a challenger team of decent reputation in NA and how should I go about doing it? How much LP should I get before attempting to search for a team? Any kind of tips I should know before going looking?
>>
>>677408604
grig is chill af. i dont play with him too much just our common friend captin hammie.

also here is my acc > i am the sheperd
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 532x483) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 532x483
How do you get good? Does challenger level mean like you hit your spells 99% of the time cause I miss skillshots like a quarter of the time
>>
>>677408759i mainly play support also.
>>
>>677408333
Checked
I'm struggling to find a main, I generally stray away from the popular picks as they are banned a lot, and im mainly a mid player. However, I'm really good at thresh for some reason, but I hate supporting randoms. How do I approach this?
>>
File: 1456644615301.jpg (69 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1456644615301.jpg
69 KB, 300x225
play dota2

>>677407408

faggot
>>
>>677407408

How chill is el froggen?
>>
File: red-firetruck.jpg (217 KB, 1768x1536) Image search: [Google]
red-firetruck.jpg
217 KB, 1768x1536
how not suck dick
>>
File: gif.gif (52 KB, 96x100) Image search: [Google]
gif.gif
52 KB, 96x100
>>677407408
why did liquid let all of NA down tonight with their loss against LG
>>
>>677407408
yeah uhh why waste your fucking time being a faggot
>>
>>677408805
>>677408604
Also you should send out gifts to those trips cause that rp though.
>>
How much do you play daily/weekly?
>>
Penisboy420

Add me senpai
>>
>>677408910
Play hots.
Faggot
>>
I am a top main, I got to D3 in NA this season, but I tilted all the way down to D5. I am really upset with myself, and I know I can get to D1.

What would suggest I do to recover my LP? I think one thing I can improve on is pinging the enemy laner when I know I can kill them, but the jungler usually isnt there to kill them. I feel like lately, more and more people are playing less around top lane which sucks.

I'd really like to get to D1 this season, but I am having so much trouble. My mental game is too fragile, If I don't preform perfectly mechanically I start getting annoyed with myself really fast.
>>
>>677409169
eyyyy i got 69
i am the sheperd <add me dad :^)
>>
>be dota fag
>game is okay, can see why people play it
>be dota fanboy
>insecure about game being insignificant compared to league
>constantly have to remind people how superior and "harder" your game is
>mfw
>>
>>677409203
play faggot
faggot
>>
File: qt.png (5 KB, 273x50) Image search: [Google]
qt.png
5 KB, 273x50
>>677407408
Is champion.gg a reliable source for buildpaths/masteries etc.? I always use it (the highest win% build) and seem to be doing fine

btw crazy to see something like this on /b/ thanks alot m8
>>
>>677409275
Jokes on you. I already do
>>
User is qwayzay
>>
>>677408680
Getting picked up by a team when you're diamond 2-master is pretty easy if you just look for one, but chances are it won't be a very good one. Don't let that discourage you though. You have to start somewhere, and unless you're a prodigy and land into top 50 in challenger, you're going to have to start from the bottom of the shit barrel for competitive (just like I did). Just look for a team when you're ready to try and start. It's taken me years to build up to where I am now, as it has for a lot of other challenger players as well. I suppose my tip is; if you really want to play competitively, you have to be willing to put the time in, and not get discouraged even if you're not on very good teams at the start, take everything 1 step at a time.

>>677408787
Challenger level is less about mechanical skill and more about just knowing when to be where at the right time. Mechanics can of course always get better, but at around diamond 1 or so, they become less important, and decision making becomes dominant. To get better at that you literally just have to keep playing the game. You should get better over time.

>>677408811
Get a duo partner in bot lane if it helps you really. If you're a hipster in your champ pool, at least find someone who is decent (not trash tier like Aatrox or some shit). I can't really help you find a champ, just have to play what you like/what you're good at.

>>677408987
Cool guy. Doesn't rage like the other EU players
>>
>>677409249
it's just hard to watch people waste their time with a baby ass game like league
>>
File: FB_IMG_1454039752872.jpg (13 KB, 480x398) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1454039752872.jpg
13 KB, 480x398
>>
File: 9LkXhEe.jpg (114 KB, 545x302) Image search: [Google]
9LkXhEe.jpg
114 KB, 545x302
>>677409358

I thought so, always loved the guy.

My girlfriend is a massive froggen fan, is there anything I could bother you for that you could potentially do? She might do buttstuff
>>
>>677409403
If you aren't making money, you are wasting your time playing any video game.
That can be said with any hobby though.
>>
>>677407408
Thoughts on EU>NA NA>EU? Do western teams stand a chance at MSI? Do you live at the echo fox gaming house? How much do you participate in scrims?
>>
Top meta ADC / mids?
>>
what do I say to make a laner stfu when I jungle

who has fed like 3 kills early and is still crying for ganks while he pushed his wave all the way to the enemy turret, is behind in cs, is getting beaten in trades and blames the jungle for not ganking

>true story
>>
File: 1459350392953.jpg (546 KB, 1365x995) Image search: [Google]
1459350392953.jpg
546 KB, 1365x995
>>677407408
should i quit playing if my account got banned? i had 600 dollars in skins and was gold 1
>>
>>677407408
So just incase this is legit ill ask.

How do you climb out of low elo?

Currently silver 2 but struggle for some reason even though my lane is good.

And I noticed that a lot of the times I win its because our team works in terms of team comps.

How do I approach this? How can I get out faster?
>>
>>677409403

I play both DOTA and league, dont be so fucking delusional. The only thing actually "harder" about dota is the potential amount of information you have to keep track of. Both games have different ways of being "hard".

Refer back to the image, your saltiness is hilarious considering how the league community doesn't give a fuck about dota the same way dota people hate on league so much
>>
>>677409403
I would argue with you, but after the poopy update and them fucking with manamune I think rito is dumbing down.

Im betting nunu is also on the list because of his fuck huge list of passives.
>>
>>677408993
Play more video game.

>>677409128
Didn't watch.

>>677409139
It's my job, I like it. Pays my rent + have more money on the side for whatever. Daily life for me big guy.

>>677409187
Not as much as you would think. Usually around 4 hours a day or so. Sometimes more if I'm in the mood for solo queue.

>>677409243
Tilt happens, it's up to you to get over it. When I used to tilt, my mindset was, that if I could reach a certain elo once, what is stopping me from getting there again eventually. Just keep playing and if you deserve to get higher elo, you'll get there at some point. Take breaks if you're losing, take breaks even if you're winning to go eat/drink something, that's what I do at least.

>>677409633
Depends what I need to do I guess.

>>677409654
Nationalism has always fueled the most ignorant people in the world. But I still think it's hilarious and I'll say NA>EU any day just for the sake of saying it. Western teams will lose, I'm about 90% sure. No, I live in my apartment in Georgia. I don't participate unless they need me to play on the main stage in case KFO can't.
>>
>>677409358
Thanks m8. I currently play in a smaller league for players of high plat-master skill level and I feel like it's helped my development for shot calling and macro play around lane swaps and late game a LOT. My current team is pretty committed but not aspiring to be pro like I am, so I'm kinda biding my time figuring out what to do after this season of our league is finished.
One follow up question, would you say supports have a harder time carrying the game on certain champs (ie soraka/trundle/karma) or am I most likely doing something wrong? I know a majority of the game relies on my team having a brain but there are games where I feel like I hard carried on Morgana/Thresh, but it feels more rare on Karma for example, even though I'm experienced on her.
>>
>>677409760
There's nothing you can do about silvers in silver except mute them and hope you can snowball someone else.

That said, if someone feeds 1 early kill you should have been able to show up for the next two. You can say "he died as soon as he showed up in lane," but I can just as easily say "you knew how long it would take him to get there, you have vision of him; gank right when he comes back"
>>
>>677409955

>Depends what I need to do I guess.

This will sound faggotty as fuck but ask him if he'd be willing to hop on skype with me for a few minutes to tell her happy birthday, she'd gush for that type of shit

if thats not possible i understand completely
>>
File: image.gif (372 KB, 177x177) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
372 KB, 177x177
If I plan to play support only what should my champion pool be before going into ranked
>>
>>677410402
nami
>>
You add me now yes?

I used to be strictly a jungler in previous seasons and I've moved onto other roles, but I feel so much more comfortable in the jungle. One main issue nowadays is that I seems to be performing much worse than I used to. I think it may be due to the fact that I only played evelynn, and she is not too great anymore.
Do you have any tips to improving jungle roles?
Or perhaps some tips on top lane early game?
>>
>>677409403
>dota games are longer
>wasting time
>>
What's your salary like and how's the salary of the players on teams like echo fox or c9
>>
>>677407408
what afuckin nerd
>>
>>677410666
Dontsenpai is my name pls add omg
>>
>>677410666

Froggen's is out the ass i imagine, his boss is rick fox and the dudes in love with him
>>
>>677409714
Lucian/Sivir/Cait

Azir/Leblanc/Liss

>>677409760
I just say nothing, who gives a fuck what they have to say, they're gonna deal with what you give them.

>>677409765
Not sure man, I'd say quit if you're having no fun. If you still like playing then keep playing.

>>677409832
Keep playing the game. Stick to 1-2 champs. Play shit with strong early pressure (IE: Jax). To climb, it's all about consistency and putting in the time/work.

>>677409970
I'm not quite sure how to answer the support carrying question. Whenever I trade spots with someone to go support, I just play support champions that have game changing abilities (alistar, blitz, thresh). Their cooldowns are SUPER game changing, so whether they miss or hit is a big factor in how a game goes. As far as I know, it's those play making supports that get support mains to high elo. Also, a lot of high elo support mains duo queue with adc mains.

>>677410220
Uh I suppose I could, just send me a message on Twitter or [email protected]

>>677410402
Alistar/Thresh. Playmakers.
>>
hi plz add me: oAiya
>>
will you go for rank 1 when soloq comes out?
>>
how do you feel about rek,sai's early game and how would you prefer to play her late game, jungling of course
also my name is delicious dong if get
>>
File: its real.png (8 KB, 213x70) Image search: [Google]
its real.png
8 KB, 213x70
>>
WTB Allorim as friend
>Xenpha
>>
How can I find a good adc to duo with? I main Lulu mid, sometimes support if I know the adc is good, but whenever I solo queue I get stuck with jhins/ ezreals and it's a complete waste
>>
>>677410782
Alright sweet, thanks man. I'm not regretting my inability to sleep tonight now. Hopefully I'll climb up to master soon, maybe I'll see you in solo q when I'm not sub 250 LP anymore haha. Also are your DMs open on Twitter? I follow you on there but am just curious in case I have any sort of questions about the challenger scene that I wouldn't otherwise get answered most likely since the only other people I have as sort of "contacts" right now are Shorterace and Matt as mutuals on Twitter but I dunno how willing they'd be to give out advice. Ryan maybe but I think Matt is a bit too busy with TL and such haha.
>>
>>677410782

Sent an email, no rush. Get to me when you can. You all are probably busy so if it doesn't work out its all good
>>
>>677410607
Did you get trips or 69/99? I'm not a very good jungler so I can't really give you any good tips on clearing/pathing. But champions like Grag/Elise are very good right now.

Top lane early game, remember to ward at 2:50 EVERY game unless you know where the enemy jungler is. Know your matchups/limits to your champs and you should know how to play an early game out. The question is kinda vague, since there are TONS of situations early game that can happen.

>>677410666
Can't say.

>>677410706
It pays the bills at least.

>>677410748
added

>>677410897
soloq got canceled homie.

>>677411115
Idk about rek'sai anymore, people have stopped playing her. I'd imagine her strength comes from her really good ganks behind walls that no one else can get behind and map pressure early/mid from her ult. Her late is pretty sub-par to people like gragas.
>>
What can I do to improve my overall so awareness?
>>
>>677411336
>jhins/ ezreals
>automatically bad
Well I take offense, sir.
>>
silver 5 scrub here, how do you capitalize on your lead in lane?
>>
>>677411881

Roam
>>
>>677411881

Roam and apply pressure where its needed
>>
>>677411464
I didn't get any, still trying though. I rolled dubs just earlier, but gotta try.
Looking for that get
>Xenpha

I know in regards to top lane, my primary picks are tanks such as Malphite and Maokai. I know Malphite is a game changer with his ult, but my usual problem is dealing with though matchups, do I just play defensively and wait for the jungler to help?
What do I do in the situation where I receive no attention whatsoever, and keep falling behind?
Should I look into tping to other lanes to gank?
And as for other non-tank champions, do you think Vlad would be a decent option to harass a tanky top laner?
>>
File: 1449689685312.png (13 KB, 353x425) Image search: [Google]
1449689685312.png
13 KB, 353x425
>>677411881
in top you want to roam mid, or take the opportunity to get scuttle. mid you want to push up if you have both rivers warded. in bot you want to coordinate drag or grab scuttle.
>>
>>677411336
Just keep playing ranked and add the people you like I guess. I'm a HUGE Lulu player, and I'd say just stick top/mid with her. If you're supporting just play Alistar/Thresh or whatever play making support you like.

>>677411354
My DM's are open, feel free to ask me whatever.

>>677411662
Play the game more. It's hard for me to say how to be more aware of your surroundings because it's just natural for me. I'd say just get used to glancing at the minimap until it becomes something that the corner of your eye will always see (without you even needing to look at it).

>>677411881
Depends on your champion, if you are playing split push characters, then obviously split push. If you are a team fighter, group around enemy jungle/objectives. If you are poke, group to siege towers. Roaming can be effective depending on your champion, try and snowball the lanes that are already ahead or even, be VERY careful if you try to help a lane that is behind (because if you die there, the game gets fucked).
>>
>>677411769
It's more that late game, Lulu mid is good for keeping adc alive. It's a wasted pick when you've got a weak adc rather than a jinx, cait, kog, twitch, who have more dps.
>>
How do you balance between peeling and putting out damage as ap supports?
>>
>>677407408
I have been playing for two years and i am still bronze. should i quit?
>>
What's your favorite breakfast food?
>>
>>677412056
Pretty much what you said. Malphite is pretty much never an aggressive lane unless you are facing and AD matchup and you have your armor items. When you are 6, jungle ganks are SUPER easy, so try to call for them at that time. Most your TPs should be to bot lane if the enemy lane overextends (this is especially true if your enemy top laner has TP on cd or didn't take it). Not a big fan of Vlad atm, takes too long to get going. I'd say play Lulu/Quinn if you want someone harass oriented.

>>677412639
Most of the time you should be peeling. Unless your ADC is high mobility, and the enemy team doesn't have the pressure to kill him, you should be peeling. If you have control over the game, and can dive in teamfights, then go for the damage. I'd say around 80% of the time you should be peeling though.

>>677412815
Only if you're not having fun. At the point your at, League is just another video game/hobby. Chances are you're not going to be going pro/making money from the game any time soon. So just play if you're having fun, quit if you're not.

>>677412980
Cereal.
>>
>>677413042
I really do have fun but i just feel like a loser not having much higher then a 50% win rate and being unable to get out of bronze. I actually from the very start always told myself id be happy with silver and believed I could make it. Will you add me and show me to play? user name = sumurai
>>
>>677413042
When will i get trips?
Do you think tanks top are still incredibly important? Should I stick to Malphite and Maokai mainly and situationally pick others to fit a comp? Would you recommend any other tanks that are good as of right now?
>>
How do you deal with good Sorakas?
>>
>>677413042
>>677413606
Also, I appreciate you providing advice. You the realist nigga.
>>
How do I end games quickly? Usually every time I play we get the lead but eventually throw or someone gets caught. Just planning on maining mid and top.
>>
when is it 'worth' to flash for a potential kill?
>>
How do you carry as a toplaner? =)
>>
>>677413760
this
>>
>>677413042
Thank you. I play Zyra/Lux support in low elo and usually I end up with more damage than my ADC so I never feel sure if I should peel or damage to win teamfights.
>>
well I think I am going to just quit league bc dynamic queue sucks, its too bad I just got master tier in preseason ready to grind rhis season but now its pointless.
>>
What is a good mindset for ranked? :)
>>
>>677413446
Then that's just your ego talking. If you're having fun, then just play to have fun man, at the end of the day your rank doesn't mean that much. I'll only add you if trips/99/69 get for consistencies sake. You can ask me w.e on here though. If your goal is to reach silver, play to get better instead of playing to have fun. Sometimes you need to make a trade-off.

>>677413606
trips get. Tanks are great, I love them actually. Nautilus, Poppy, Malph, Mao. I actually prefer playing tanks over carries. Being unkillable is a lot of fun for whatever reason. Tank Ekko is also VERY strong right now top lane since it beats all the other hyper tanks. Usually you can literally just pick ppl like Ekko/Naut/Poppy into every comp in the game. Malph/Mao are a little more situational.

>>677413630
Wait for them to misposition and kill them before they have a chance to do the cancer shit. Usually it's best to always play with a flank behind the enemy team when facing sorakas.

>>677413760
np bud

>>677413864
Hard question to answer, TONS of different variables can go into how quickly a game is ended. Depends on enemy waveclear. Depends on champions on your team (siege? split push?). A lot of games are ended quicker with smart rotational play and catching the enemy in their own jungle.

>>677413993
A pretty large amount of time it's worth. If you can get out, and it denies the enemy CS/you can get objectives out of it then 100% it's worth.

>>677414278
Depends on your champion. People like Jax carry with smart split pushing. People like Malphite carry with well timed ults and good TP flanks. Winning lane never hurts either :^)
>>
>>677407408
rollin
>>
If I play a HUGE champ pool, and im plat V do you think its possible to get to diamond without being a one trick pony?

Also checkem..

IGN; Nitro3000
>>
>>677414748
Reroll for that, also how does it feel to be a pro now.

Are your dreams coming true?
>>
>>677414907
rolling D:
>>
>>677414748
roll
>>
>>677414748
rollzz :(
>>
Is watching streams a way to improve? If so, what streams would you recommend for a mid/supp main?
>>
>>677414609
Let me try this out; Check 'em
Tank Ekko? I think I've only seen one throughout my way to Plat. I may try that out for size and see how I enjoy it. I have played quite a bit of him in jungle but haven't recently where people build him a little bulkier.
If these aren't trips/69/99, I'm going to bed.
Thanks for the advice up in top lane my friend.
>Xenpha
>>
>>677415229
Not OP

but for mid Bjerg
>>
HolyGoalie10
>>
what are some underrated but good top champs currently?
>>
>>677415344
damn, no trips but dubss :(
>>
>>677414346
np big guy

>>677414367
Didn't expect those champs to come up as support! For those champions you usually do want to go for important snared targets (like enemy mid laner/squishies), rather than peeling. Unless of course your team is reliant on your adc to dish out damage. Usually in my experience, it's pretty hard to play those kinds of champs vs good players.

>>677414436
Eh, dynamic queue is pretty much fufilling the same purpose as old ranked, just has a different look. The ladder in challenger literally looks the exact same as last season, but I can't speak for all elos, so I guess to each his own.

>>677414598
Don't mind losing. Shit happens and you're going to lose games no matter what. If you win great, don't get your dick hard over it, just keep playing to get better. If you're satisfied with your rank, play to have fun.

>>677414748
Yes, but only if you're good enough. Usually you need to stick to 1-3 champions if your goal is to climb. If you keep swapping your champs then your going to be mediocre at everything and great at nothing.

>>677414907
Well I'm enjoying my time. It's a ton of fun and it's work that I won't get tired of. Dreams still involve playing on stage, so hopefully I'll get there at some point.

>>677415229
I don't really watch streams other than for just entertainment. I'd say for mid watch any LCS pro. For support watch PainlessDeath22 or Aphromoo.

>>677415309
Tank Ekko is retarded good. It's busted as hell imo.
>>
File: 5DimDy6p.jpg (12 KB, 248x248) Image search: [Google]
5DimDy6p.jpg
12 KB, 248x248
>>677415309
I think I needed to add this.
>>
How to get out of elo hell
Check'em
>>
>>677407408
Rolling
>>
>>677407408
i can help you

stop playing fucking league
>>
File: 1438645104612.png (57 KB, 300x177) Image search: [Google]
1438645104612.png
57 KB, 300x177
>>677415464
Yeah I probably should stick to 1-3 champs, I just get bored after 10 games of stomping usually. Like right now I got a new acc, cause my main got permabanned and I played AD jarvan for like 5 games and stomped everytime, but I dont feel like playing it again.
>>
69,99 get'
>>
Does playing with higher elo players eventually help your skill level? Just by being around the experience and having a good shot caller, etc etc?
Username's Kman if I get the roll, I guess.
>>
>>677415583
Stay consistent with your champ pool. Play to get better. If you're serious about getting better then you'll get to put in the time.

>>677415698
But then I'd be jobless and have to get some retail job, or save to go back to college.
>>
>>677407408

Stuck in low diamond (5-4) I'm a long time player and have played a LOT of league. Any advice? I've always been told just to play a shitload to get better.
>>
>>677414609
>>>
>Anonymous 04/03/16(Sun)02:08:29 No.677415029▶
when you say play to get better do you mean play new champions?
>>
What where you favorite champs while climbing through plat?
Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.