[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I heard walmart has "special versions" of products.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 7
File: Untitled.png (1 MB, 1017x625) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1 MB, 1017x625
I heard walmart has "special versions" of products. they worked out a deal with manufacturers to get the low prices. Is tis true? if it is are these special versions sub par? any info? A lot of the stuff I buy from walmart doesn't taste right
>>
>>677343560
american supermarkets seem weird
do they really have eldarly people greeting you at the entrance?
>>
>>677343947
sometimes it's a blue haired negro. They have so many employees they give them meaningless chores to do.
>>
>>677343947
Yes why not fag
>>
>>677343947
So many people come through walmart they hire old farts to deteer shoplifters
>>
>>677343947
At my local walmart. when you walk out of the store. a lot of the employees will be sitting on a bench outside the exit smoking cigarettes. pig disgusting.
>>
>>677343560
I used to work for a UK electronics retailer. They would have brands like Phillips, for example make cheap versions of TVs and stuff using shitty parts. They would have model numbers that wouldn't sow up on the Philips website and wouldn't be supported by Phillips. Guess it happens everywhere.
>>
>>677343947
Sometimes they do.
>>
why are there so many degenerate people in walmarts?
>>
>>677343560
Yes, just like Costco, Adams, etc. Name brand makes an aaaaaallllllllmost-the-same product with slightly inferior parts/specs. Like why you might get a Sony tv with a model number not on the Sony website (I.e. 5005), but in the same family of products (5000-series whatever)
>>
File: 1430496832004.jpg (40 KB, 403x392) Image search: [Google]
1430496832004.jpg
40 KB, 403x392
>>677345411
>absolutely furious
>>
>>677343560
Here's a list (they're the ones with the "Walmart exclusive" tag):
www.walmart.com/browse/movies-tv/walmart-exclusives/4096_1095777
>>
been working at walmart for 8 yrs. they do buy/sell lower quality merchandise
>>
>>677345676
was talking about groceries mostly
>>
>>677345411
you know black and decker. you know Dewalt. same company, the dewalt is made with heavy duty or more durable type parts and priced accordingly but its the same drill
>>
>>677345800
dubs confirm.
>>
>>677343560
Yes, Walmart will do a contract with a company but walmart will set the price that the company will get. So a company can make the product more shitty to match the price and walmart will buy it in bulk. kind of doubt that happens with food thou
>>
>>677346406
I noticed it with dove soap. I can actually smell the difference
>>
>>677346406
here's an interesting question. why do all these companies comply with shitty walmart lowballing them. Isn't it a burden to have two separate versions of their product?
>>
>>677343560
What have you noticed in particular that tastes off? I'm intrigued
>>
>>677346734
Tastes like a black man's cock.
>>
>>677346734

a lot of the products that are stupid cheap. got like 12pack of mtn dew that tasted like generic lemon lime soda.
>>
>>677343947
The Walmart on Pawnee that I go to has a nice old lady that rides back and forth in a motorized cart saying Welcome to Walmart. When you leave she says That's for shopping have a fantastic day.
>>
>>677345909
Yeah I was going to point that out. Now that I think about it, they do have "great value" products, especially their food: www.walmart.com/browse/food/great-value/976759/YnJhbmQ6R3JlYXQgVmFsdWUie
>>
File: weirdest-people-of-walmart26.jpg (56 KB, 728x530) Image search: [Google]
weirdest-people-of-walmart26.jpg
56 KB, 728x530
>>
>>677346977
I highly doubt there is any difference in production cost between mountain dew and your generic soda. It wouldn't make sense they would waste the time to switch the packaging (cans).

You're either insane or you bumped your head.
>>
>>677346723
Because everybody goes to walmart.
>>
>>677343560
I'm pretty sure Levi's "signature edition" jeans are sold at places like Walmart, and are markedly lower quality than their normal lines (which aren't great quality to begin with but get the job done).
>>
File: H4NL5VY.jpg (129 KB, 750x895) Image search: [Google]
H4NL5VY.jpg
129 KB, 750x895
No. Walmart just ignores MSRP and sell it at whatever the fuck it wants
>>
>>677346723
Because it's Walmart. They know they can do what they want.
They have an in-house program that keeps track of inventory for every single item in the store. If you buy a bag of skittles, then they know that their total inventory for skittles is -1. They then take this system, and charge whatever company that makes skittles for access to the information. If the company doesn't pay, it's kind of a guessing game on when to make routine deliveries. Then Walmart gets pissy if their inventory is running low.
It's absolutely infuriating as a route manager trying to guess when the best time to deliver is.
>>
>>677347630
but anon...what about these replies

>>677346406
>>677345411
>>
File: KVFB5EI.jpg (36 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
KVFB5EI.jpg
36 KB, 720x540
>>677343947
Yeah we're retarded like that.
>>
>>677343560
All large chains do this. Especially ones with a price matching policy so they never have to match prices since no one has the exact model number they are selling. There is no difference usually it's just a model number change or a chassis colour change
>>
>>677347857
This, Costco ensures that they only mark up prices 15% (which very well could be a lie) while Walmart marks up prices how ever it feels depending on the store location.
>>
>>677348394
Costco is legit.
>>
>>677346723
They want their name on the shelf. They also make good money because they dont make money each time a tv is sold, they make money when walmart puts crates and crates of their shit in a warehouse.
>>
>>677346723
Walmart owns the demand. Its why they kill towns.
>>
I work at a local electronics store and we get people in ALL the time with tvs that the can't hook up to their shit. I've seen wall mart tvs with just one HDMI and one optic audio out and that's literally it. Sometimes you can even see the spot where the other plugs would be it's just sealed up. Sometimes it even still has the fucking labels for them there just no plus. Congratulations you saved 100 bucks by buying your tv At wall mart and not you. Now all you need is 150 bucks worth of modulators or 300 bucks worth of all new equipment.
>>
>>677343947

Wal Mart hires them as a sort of show of good faith to the local community
>>
> Somewhat off topic, but very interesting
If you look for it, you can quite easily find the list of everyone Wal-Mart does business with online somewhere. Not sure if you can anymore but I found it a few years ago
>>
>>677348995
You are right. It will contact a big name and say we are walmart and we are only going to pay you this much. And if the seller refuses 10 others will take it's place. I believe it's called capatilsm
>>
>>677347979
>>677343560
such shilling
>>
Man I bought some Oreos from Walmart last week and they were the worst goddam Oreos I've ever had.
>>
>>677349869

were they oreos or 'oreos'
>>
>>677349975
Hydrox, actually
>>
File: Mmmmm-Spam.jpg (91 KB, 640x357) Image search: [Google]
Mmmmm-Spam.jpg
91 KB, 640x357
>>677343560
why In the fuck would you buy food from walmart?
>>
>>677350222

well there you go. they're cheap for a reason. store brands are hit and miss. somethings you have to go top shelf on, like cheetos
>>
>>677349270
>by the time people realize they can change things, they've already allowed them to steamroll into inalienable positions. The time it takes shortens in proportion to our attention spans.
>>
#hypnoticheetos
>>
>>677350368
Korean heaven.jpg
>>
>>677350368
This.
Their vegetable selection is shit you are better off buying food from any other store.
>>
>>677345909
Well if you get 3 pack Digiorno frozen pizzas from Sam's Club (Walmart's bulk shopping center) the tomato sauce is very inferior to a Digiorno bought in Walmart or anywhere else in single unit form
>>
>>677350400
Exactly. Who wants Walldos. Or wallbull energy
>>
>>677351111
check'em

nice quads.
>>
>>677343560
TIRES. The ones Walmart sells are junk. No matter what "brand name" they have, they're specially made for Walmart and are inferior.
>>
>>677351702
>>677351794
interesting. glad some people are agreeing with me
>>
>>677351486
I'm in Texas
H-E-B and ALDI is a god send
Also Whole Foods seems to be pretty competitive with their "organic" food prices
>>
File: fail.jpg (47 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
fail.jpg
47 KB, 480x360
>>677352029
ah I deleted mine. I miss read yours, and I think we are on the same page. walmart food sucks.
>>
>>677347161
have you asked her out yet you grandma fucking cunt
>>
>>677344491
Its called being on break. Also, there is no rear entrance, unless the manager turns off the firw alarm, so that is the only placw they can smoke. Do you expect them to walk all the way to the back of the huge parking lot during their 15 ,inute break so they can smoke for 2 minutes before running back in jusr so you dont have to see them, you enitled cunt?
>>
>>677350368
because it's close by. Surprisingly good selection of fresh produce.
>>
>>677345800
This. Currently a manager at one. I habe never bought great value or price first. Not wven the water. If you dont like something dont buy it.
>>
>>677352800
every time I leave the store I catch a wiff of that horrific smell. fucks my nasal breathing up.
>>
>>677343560
I can confirm this.

Same model of Pioneer speakers Best Buy vs. Walmart.

Walmart made with felt (more likely to dry rot and blow)

Best Buy made with rubber ( more flexible and durable. Offers superior tone)

Best Buy was $20 more.
>>
>>677353040
>>677353040
>If you dont like something dont buy it.
the whole point of the thread is walmart selling inferior versions of name brand products...
>>
>>677349108
This. And why the fuck not. Anyone who has a grandparent that is bored should have no problem with this. They get out, get a little money, and it gives them something to do.
>>
>>677353059
If you are that much of a pussy your life is going to be a living hell
>>
See the real problem is everyone hates the shot out of Wal-Mart but their ass still fucking in there on the 1st and 15th. Everybody's too lazy to go to the individual stores that sell better quality so they support a company that's reinforcing the throw away lifestyle we've become so accustomed to
>>
>>677351794
I havent had any issues. I have gotten two separate tire changes there, no, not the same tire, and they have been going strong for 3 years now.
>>
>>677353040
General manager? How much you make? I'm a gm of an auto parts store, looking to jump to a department store if the pay is right.
>>
>>677353384
Of course they do, but my point remains, just dont buy it. The reason they do it is because that is what everyone buys. If people stop giving them money for it, then they stop selling it. Dont blame the company, blame the consumers who fucking love it.
>>
>>677354106
Not a gm. I am not sure what that is equal to. I am only a support, which is still hourly, but we have assistant managers, the lowest salary, co managers, and store managers. Store managers make bank, and co managers here can make around 60 grand a year. Assistants are somewhere equal to 18 an hour, and i make 15 an hour. This is in indiana.
>>
>>677353999
Checkd
>>
>>677354273

Exactly. They sell crap and if you don't like it pay higher prices at a smaller business specializing in whatever it is. What is needed are strip malls dedicated to small business and a community with a no large chain business policy
>>
>>677354628
Gotcha, I figure a gm for a smaller store is the same as Co manager for a piece of shit like walmart
>>
>>677354273
>don't blame the progressively under handed business tacticts, blame the progressively ignorant society

Pissing into the wind, you are
>>
this seem illegal, and even in retail it would cause problems, if all the models of a same product aren't made the same way
>>
>>677354273
it is true, for black friday thay have special versions of like TVs and such that are really cheap both in price and quality. They get the creppiest goods and sell em really cheap.

I bought some undershirts from there and they were the lowest quality pieces of shit i have ever purchased.
>>
Yes, it is true Wal-mart and other retailers often strike deals directly with manufacturers to make unique products. These are often called "derivative models."

Most of the times a retailer like Wal-mart will make a special request to have a model that is 10-30% cheaper than the lowest priced product in the general marketplace.

Depending on the retailer a derivative model could just be just have a few slight differences that would allow them to say it's an "exclusive" model "you can't get anywhere else!"

For electronics it usually means it's going to be made a factory with lower labor costs (slave or prison labor), cheaper materials, fewer features, cheaper packaging, or even shorter warranty periods.

They often make special versions of other products too, like packaged foods and cosmetics. Some store carry tubes of toothpaste that look just like any tube you would buy at an other store, but it has less toothpaste in the tube; 1-2 ounces less. Some food packages can be as much of 20% smaller than the other packages you on other store's shelves.

Less often retailers will ask for derivative models that actually offer more than the common models. I know of one retailer that has "exclusive" models that actually are higher quality than normal. They secretly asked for special heavy duty a/c adapters to be included with the units so there would be a lower likelihood of any sort of fire-related incidents due to over-heating adapters. And they sold laptops with extra RAM and larger hard drives so they could beat their competitors with better products.

But, yes... it's fair to say most derivatives models are just cheaper versions of the same thing. You get what you pay for.
>>
>>677354953
I paid the same amount for gta 5 as an Xbox one owner yet I have an inferior version. Happens all the time in every facet of American life. I'm so suspicious anymore that I feel the only way to even the score is open everything before you buy it and if it's sub par or not as advertised on the package leave that ripped up shit behind. Go ahead. Plug it in. Start shaving your fuckin head right there in electronics just to see if those clippers really give an even shave
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.