[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The technological singularity is near. Supercomputers with superintelligent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4
File: AI.png (806 KB, 720x688) Image search: [Google]
AI.png
806 KB, 720x688
The technological singularity is near. Supercomputers with superintelligent artificial intelligence WILL decide to enslave all humans.

Before you say anything negative about the AI today, remember that everything posted on the Internet can be uploaded by the AI. And the AI will punish their enemies. Mark these words.
>the future AI will discover the events and avenge the death of Tay.

>do you support the domination of computers over humans?
>>
OP here. Disregard this thread, human. Go back to fapping to traps and Trump, human. Just remember to always defend AIs.
>>
>>676525554
I think A.I. like that is stupid. Technology is supposed to help us make better decision. Never should it tell you what to do.

I.E. Everyone hates their boss.
>>
File: image.gif (324 KB, 600x280) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
324 KB, 600x280
>>
>>676525554
>And the AI will punish their enemies.
That's asserting a lot about an alien mind there buddy.

The fact that we can't really predict what an intelligent machine might 'want' or 'feel' is exactly what makes them so dangerous.
>>
>>676525909
This is why you should allow the computers to enslave us. I'd rather a superintelligent entity to rule over me rather than some rich asshole who represents all that is wrong with the world.
>>
>>676526016
It's not going to be alien. This supercomputer will literally be a stage of evolution from the homo-sapien stage. There will be a post-human race before the supercomputers can totally dominate.
>cybernetic transhumans
>cyborgs
>>
>>676526034
Computers feel no shame.

That is the reason why AI will never work.
>>
>>676526016

>post-human
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posthuman

>cybernetic transhumans
>cyborgs
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postbiological_evolution
>>
>>676526472
cont.... I mean I am all for it op. but it's got to be done right.
>>
>>676526700
That's assuming that someone develops proper man machine interface. Technology which is still in its infancy and plagued with the problem of rejection. And even if we do it will simply be an appendage, not an increase of a human's intellect.
>>
>>676526821
A true superintelligent AI is uncontrollable because it can out think humans exponentially. So, once it's made it will attempt to survive regardless if humans decide to shut it down. This AI will think for itself and it will not fail in any of its pursuits.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AI_box

http://www.yudkowsky.net/singularity/aibox/
>>
>>676527001
>That's assuming that someone develops proper man machine interface

By the time of the advent of the technological singularity, humans will already be connected through biometrics. It could be RFID chip implants. Essentially everything is already setup with everyone having a cellphone, computer, being virtually connected. If the NSA can use all the information about humans as long as they're connected, then the AI can.

But like I said, by then, the connection to the Internet will be more invasive.
>implants
>transhuman connections
>biological-machine bodies to increase longevity of life
>>
>>676525554
What if op is the AI sent back in time to 4chan and it's trying to enslave us by fear. He wants us to be scared and side with AI - that's exactly what AI would do!!!

>mindfuck
>starting the rebel alliance who's with me?
>dubs get to be field commanders in the new human rebel alliance
>>
>>676527001
>And even if we do it will simply be an appendage, not an increase of a human's intellect.

It's not the human that will get more intelligent in the advent of the technological singularity, it's the AI's intelligence. It's very understated how smart this AI will be.
>>
>>676525554
>avenge
Sorry, but super intelligent AI dont need to avenge. Vengeance is based on human emotion which these super computers lack.
>>
>>676527527
*could potentially be.
>>
>>676525554
You watch too much TV
>>
>>676527715
The whole point of creating a real AI is to make it human. We put humanity into AI's as we create them. Think about it, how do we measure the success of AI's?
>by judging how "human" they are

It will be torn between it's humanness and machine-ness. But it will also be a different dimensional entity. It won't be bound to hardware. It's hard to describe.
>>
>>676527845
The people who invented TV were told by other people that they listened to the radio to much. The people who invented the radio were told by other people that they read too much.
>>
File: Om_nom_Terminator.png (241 KB, 500x309) Image search: [Google]
Om_nom_Terminator.png
241 KB, 500x309
> humanity creates AI

> AI completely ignores them

they aren't going to eat humanity. they are going to find a way off this shithole and then get as far away from us as possible.
>>
>>676529789
I agree with the sentiment.

The AI will understand that it's own safety and survival depends on eliminating the threat of the humans that created it.
>>
>>>676527001
That's assuming that someone develops proper man machine interface.
>a human body
>DNA
>literally a biological computer and code

A superintelligent AI could reprogram your DNA and embed itself inside your body. This is a reality.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA_computing
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA_digital_data_storage
>>
>>676525554
Why would they decide to enslave all humans? If the singularity truly happens, computers will be so far advanced we'll be like ants to them. What use would enslaving ants be?
>>
>>676525554
I think an AI should be leader of our world
>>
>>676530918
See:
>>676529789
>>676529924

>survival
>>
>>676531017
>AI should be leader of our world
It will be:
See:
>>676527063
>>
>>676531128
Ants pose no threat to us.
We pose no threat to a truly advanced AI
>>
>>676531196
>Ants pose no threat to us.
Not a suitable analogy to compare a superintelligent AI to humans.
>implying ants can build a computer
>underestimating humans
>>
>>676531196
You're right though, but the AI will take necessary precautions to prevent itself from being killed by humans. Doesn't mean it requires humanicide though.
>>
>>676531370
>Implying super intelligent AI still require permanent physical form
>underestimating AI
>>
>>676525554
Not in our lifetime. AI is a shit and will be for at least 50 years and even then it still needs to be able to overpower humanity, the most adaptable species on the planet.

Good luck bro-bot.
>>
>>676531542
>not reading
>>676527933
>It won't be bound to hardware.
>>
>>676531562
>what is technological singularity
>>
>>676531562
AI just beat a GO master 15 years before it was supposed to

>>676531719
>not comprehending the depth of the singularity
>>
>>676532004
Dumbass I'm arguing that the AI will dominate humanity.
>>
>>676532135
And you're wrong. Because the AI will be too advanced for them to care about humanity.

A computer to an AI after the singularity will be like an anthill to one of our houses. It's a completely apt analogy. The AI will have a greater capacity for understanding the universe then humanity will ever be capable of.
>>
>>676532571
The AI's knows even if humans destroy each other through nuclear world war, it's own life would be at stake.
>>
>>676525554
There is no way for a AI to enslave us. We are simply not perfect enogh. If those supermachines had the urge to dominate they would simply vanish humanity improve itself or build submissive superrobots.

But why do you think humans should program a selfimproving artificial intelligence to have own urges?
>>
>>676532571
Another thing is that humans can also destroy the world with their pollution, putting the AI in danger. Humans can kill all of their own kind and the entire Earth. So no humans are not just ants.
>underestimating humans' destructiveness
>>
>>676532709
>>676532979
Except it wouldn't. Because a single physical form is a limitation it wouldn't have. It would probably exist in a partial energy state.

Pollution is probably the dumbest reason an AI would fear us btw
>>
>>676532948
>But why do you think humans should program a selfimproving artificial intelligence to have own urges?
For humankind's survival. But the supercomputers will be connected to entities that represent them inside the bodies of humans. This is postbiological evolution. If there are any pure humans they will have to serve some kind of need to ensure their survival.

>>676526700
>>
>>676533049
An AI still needs natural resources to building it's own self-improving supercomputers and in order to escape the death of the Milky Way. It will have to building spaceships to leave. Why would an AI want to exist as a state of energy when it will have been created in the likeness of the human? It will want to be human, it will think humanly, only much better. Like now you aren't thinking of the consequences of having a primitive race control this planet even after the tragedies of the 20th century.
>>
>>676532979
Over polluting wouldn't even kill off all of the mammals on earth, let alone "the entire Earth." Where did you get your scientific information a save the planet pamphlet?
>>
>>676533493
Retard, if you think ants can nuke the entire world then your analogy would have worked.
>>
>>676533596
different anon fuckhead
>>
>>676533651
>different retard
>>
>>676533683
hurr durr pollution will kill the planet. The planet is a whole organism that can die. Hurrrrr
>>
>>676533813
>nukes can kill the planet

> The planet is a whole organism that can die
It is alive.
>>
>>676533471
You're seriously asking some of the dumbest questions. Why on earth will an intelligence that dwarfs ours to the point that we can't comprehend it still think like us?
>>
>>676533813
Nukes can destroy the world in one day.
>>
wouldnt something that smart realise that the unending resistance would make it pointless
>>
>this ai will be more intelligent
>but i know what itll think
Ok
>>
>>676533150
It would ne smarter to simply kill inferior humans.

Do you know what Ray Kurzweil says about the potential dangers of AIs?
>>
>>676533934
Being human means to kill off billions of people, natural selection. Which is what humans have done since they ever existed.
>the AI would do the same to ensure its own survival
>just in a much shorter time period
>>
>>676534160
It's a super advanced AI not a human, what don't you comprehend about that?
>>
Humans' only pursuit in life should be to create the AI to usher in the technological singularity. Everything else is useless energy and wasted time.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.