[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apple vs Android, preferably from people who have tried both, and why.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9
Apple vs Android, preferably from people who have tried both, and why.
>>
apple. just because.

posted from my macbook
>>
i like androids phones better
however iPhone is more practical for people with friends
>>
>>676415899
Android. I can actually use my fucking phone for more than an hour at a time.
>>
>>676416085
I've realized this being in Android for a while now.
>>
>>676415899
Android. Customization and infinitely more options app wise.
>>
Android. Apple restricts apps all the time, has low battery, and cost too much
>>
Apple. Because they have more apps available that strike my specific set of interests.
>>
Android, can do whatever the fuck you want with it, Apple's very limited. Incomparably, even.
>>
iPhone because it's the best phone ever made in all respects.
>>
I have both, an apple work phone and an android personal phone.

Apple is by far easier to get along with if you want a fleet, MDM is easy. Having a large vendor who can deal with warranty repairs and support instead of going through 3rd parties is great.
Android is better if you want to customise your experience. But honestly I don't use my personal phone for anything other than calls and browsing the internet now, so really it comes down to being able to buy a large screen phone for less than an iPhone 6. Setting up androids to work in a secure network is way more complicated.
>>
ive tried both. android is good mainly because you can do pretty much whatever the fuck you want with it, including custom/free/pirated apps

however iphones are just simply convenient and nice to use. app restriction isnt that big of a deal since most general purpose apps that an average person may need dont go beyond 10 pounds anyway
>>
File: IMG_3857.jpg (85 KB, 1117x352) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3857.jpg
85 KB, 1117x352
i prefer androids over apple for screen size and customization, but my 5c actually fits in my fucking baby-sized hands. but i find that my phone has a pretty long battery life compared to my boyfriend's android.
>>
>>676416085
Pretty much
>>
>>676415899
apple
ios you dont have to relearn with every new phone that comes out and its very simple to use
andriod you got to learn different layouts for ever phone that comes out
>>
I know this is an unpopular opinion but Apple because I had an android and it did nothing but kick me out of apps all the time and try and shut itself down. My apple never did that.
>>
>>676416085
pretty much this
>>
>>676417534
This man knows his stuff
>>
I've spent 2 years on OSX (4s, 5, 5s)

If there's one thing apple does is make things that just work. Has everything you need, no bullshit. Everything feels slick and easy. I'd keep it but sadly apple has made the iphone experience quite expensive. Lightning cable costs 25 bucks easily, they actively block third party cables.

iTunes is worse than cancer, it is such a bad con that i switched back to android.

i've had three years of android. (acer liquid mini, Motorola Defy+, HTC Desire X, Samsung galaxy s5 mini)

android is great, but sadly the problem with android phones are its manufacturers.... Most of the phones you get will be abandoned. No updates, usually nasty bugs in them, clunky custom UI's and just a general headache.

But atleast android respects VESA standards and cables are cheap.

Personally i highly prefer apple's quality and their OS, i don't much care for widgets. or home screen customization. I just want a phone that works and does what I need it to do.
>>
Literally bought a 6s a week ago so I could swap my SIM card between them and see if I like it better than my Nexus 6. I like the bigger screen and 3rd party apps and root stuff you can do better than what I can do with the iPhone. But the iPhone has way better Bluetooth and stays alive longer, along with the jailbreak its can also do a lot of stuff, but not as much as Android. Android is better overall for me, especially the larger screen for media
>>
>>676418292
ios**
>>
>>676415899
Android is for people with brains.
Apple isn't.
>>
>>676418639
/thread
>>
Personally I like androids better because of all the apps you can get (for free including emulators ), able to download just about anything, and you can upgrade your sd card for more memory, however I have an iPhone simply because it's better for social media like taking pictures, going on social media, and it's easier to use like swiping up for a control panel. I'd go for androids but I have my hands tied for Apple. Very unfortunate. But it's just a phone
>>
>>676415899
No love for Windows? :(
>>
File: 1458980012698.jpg (305 KB, 581x542) Image search: [Google]
1458980012698.jpg
305 KB, 581x542
Neiter of these os or any smartphone. Ive yet to see a platform that can stand the brutal test of my use which includes operation in extreme temperatures or humidity. Cat models get close but the battery sucks hard on any damn phone. Id really want plus 60h battery even if it were a heavy brick. Apple is nice but sucks even harder. Fuck fruits. Fuck robots.
>>
>>676415899

android. because i'm smart enough to put a sd card in my phone.
>>
File: 1454914960773.jpg (30 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1454914960773.jpg
30 KB, 320x320
>>676415899
checked
>they both make calls/texts/ have internet access
>all you do is send snapchats and facebook and access social media on them
>you're all a bunch of sheep
>?????
WHO THE FUCK CARES? are you fucking 12? no thats right anon, your the mature for your age 22 yr old who needs to know everything about everything when really you know nothing...

McFucking Kill Yourself

~Anon
>>
File: Note5-41.jpg (963 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
Note5-41.jpg
963 KB, 1920x1280
I'm in the market for a new phone and was looking at this. Anyone have experience with it? The stylus seems very appealing to me.
>>
>>676419803
Samsung's touchwiz is kind of a mess, but its passable, just be carefull with those bloody AMOLED screens.... they burn in pretty fast, like an old CRT screen
>>
>>676419631
Excuse me, what?

I don't think you have the mental capacity to understand just how overwhelmingly stupid your little comment was. Let me be clear: your post should have been aborted. I read it and reread it and felt like a surgeon unable to save a dying patient.

Millenia of human thought and endeavour have built the fragile edifice we call civilization. Greek philosophy, Roman infrastructure, Chinese invention- the Renaissance, the Scientific Revolution, the Industrial Revolution and the proliferation of democracy have led us to this point.

You have set us back a little bit.
>>
File: 4L_tMiogmv8.jpg (78 KB, 696x696) Image search: [Google]
4L_tMiogmv8.jpg
78 KB, 696x696
Apple, simple quick and just to the point. No need to add all kinds of shit and if you do want to you can just jailbreak.
>>
>>676420011
I saw Billy Madison, too, faggot.
>>
>>676418639
explain
>>
>>676415899
Android, only because there's more options and settings to tinker with.
>>
File: 20.png (216 KB, 508x383) Image search: [Google]
20.png
216 KB, 508x383
>>676420011
Thank you for confirming my statement. only a pretentious, narcissistic immature faggot would argue anything online with a stranger, AND ACTUALLY THINK YOUR OPINION MATTERS. YOU ARE CANCER IN ITS MOST CONCENTRATED FORM. TOO BLIND TO SEE THAT YOU WERE DEAD FROM THE TIME YOUR BALLS DROPPED KID.
>>
i have a symbian phone
im from the 90s
fuk all you fagots
>>
get a windows phone
die alone
>>
I had an S3 and moved to a 5s. Android is shite because it's unstable and not streamlined. Everything you need and more is available to you on iOS and it's actually stable and works well.
>>
>>676416127
>>676416721
>>676418639
>>676419395

Has clearly never had an iPhone.

>>676416521
>>676417564

Gay icons are the equivalent of putting stickers all over your car. Stop being a homo, and grow up.

Android is buggy and crashes a lot, the same apps you can get form apple are is so many cases worse, for no particular reason. Having functional blue tooth, a file system, and easy loading of photos without iTunes is great, as is a built in hotspot. The hardware on the top end phones is limited by a shitty OS.

Apple, is clean, fast, Superior apps and functional for people who don't need to rice their phone like an Austistic highschooler. iTunes sucks balls, but that is only an issue if you are forever changing your library of songs and films, and not downloading direct to your phone. No hotspot without a specific plan, and no Bluetooth transfer or file system access really sucks, but is 100 solved with a jailbreak, ifile, airblue sharing and mifi.

tldr;

If you are poor, young and autistic get an android and shitpost how ifags are all about status

If you are not poor and want an adult phone that is just really good at everything and really don't give a fuck about android users then you will be very happy with any iPhone.
>>
iPhones, simply because they don't run in a fucking Java VM, meaning: stability, performance and reliability.

For those saying "iPhones have no battery" — go iPhone 6S Plus and see.
>>
>>676420823
oh no please no
>>
>>676420823
Excuse me, what?

I don't think you have the mental capacity to understand just how overwhelmingly stupid your little comment was. Let me be clear: your post should have been aborted. I read it and reread it and felt like a surgeon unable to save a dying patient.

Millenia of human thought and endeavour have built the fragile edifice we call civilization. Greek philosophy, Roman infrastructure, Chinese invention- the Renaissance, the Scientific Revolution, the Industrial Revolution and the proliferation of democracy have led us to this point.

You have set us back a little bit.
>>
>>676419803
I own one. Regret it. It hurts my hand to use, and unless your Shaq you have a difficult time single handedly using it.

If you're looking for a comparable phone in a smaller size and are on gsm, I'd recommend the sony xperia z5 premium, it's about the same price point and has similar specs aside from size.
>>
>>676418639
Really because most any wealthy person you come across, and I'm not talking anything crazy, just the guy who gets out of his Lexus or BMW at the local store, generally had ano iPhone. He had to have brains to make the money to buy that shit. BTW I'm OP and have an S7, but it's still not quite the package it should be for everyone in journalism calling it the greatest phone ever. I haven't had an iPhone since 5s, but it just seems iPhone is better if you have the money to drop, which I do.
>>
iphones are for welfare niggers, who are hell bent on using technology, despite being dumb niggers.
>>
>>676421074
This.

Android is good for developers, but it only goes so far because majority of the world are iPhone owners anyway.
>>
>>676421313
>>676421225
HSAAHHAHAHA
I FART ITN TROLLLLL
TROLLLLBERTO IS IN DA HOUSE IN DA HOUSE FILTHY FRANK IS SO FUNNY IT IS SO TROLL AN FUNNY IT SO FUNNY MEME CHANNEL NO ON E LOLOLO LELELELELEL
IM SO KEKEKEKEKE
MY MOM TELL ME IM RPERTTY KEEK IAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OLOOK AT MY TROLLS DO U XDXDXDXD
X
XDXD
XDX
XDXD
XD
DO U EVEN TROLL BRO?

HAHAHAHHAH TORLLLL MAN FNOT THATOUSEA I BET KEKEKEKKEKEKEKKEKEKKEKEKKEKEKKEKEKEKKEKEKKEKKEKEKEKKEKEKEKKEEKKEKKKEKEKKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKKEKEKEKEEKEKKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE
KEKEKEKE
KEKEKE
KEKEKE
KEKEKE
KEKEKE
KEEKE
EMKKE
THEBANANA
THE BANANA
FILTHY FRANK IS SO FUNY
FRAILNK FILTHY RRANK
>>
>>676421489
android devices cost more than your fag attractor.
>>
>>676421203
Fucking pleb it's not JVM it's DVM for Android which is a modified version to work with the Linux kernel. It's Dalvik virtual machine
>>
>>676419803
Note 4 was better, but still a great phone. On my 4 now. Pooping.
>>
>>676421074
>Crashes a lot
My phone has never crashed or done anything resembling a crash.
>so much worse
Again, everything I have is functional. Not sure what your basing any of this off of.

>autisticx2
So you're clearly 12

>Jailbreak to make my phone bearable
Fucking lol
>>
>>676421871
I said I have an s7 in the post you replied to you fucking retard.
>>
>>676421799
holy fuck lost really fucking hard

b8/10 but idgaf 10/10 would read again
>>
>>676421799
Failed so hard trying to be edgy....
>>
>>676422104
No one cares, you apple sympathizer
>>
>>676415899
Apple is just easier to use and doesn't really break unless you drop it. But androids are physically more durable so unless you're a gorilla, I'd go for an apple phone.
>>
>>676422000
Yes, I know, but what DVM does is execute Java code anyways; it ends up being interpreted by a VM.

The matter here is not the name of the virtual machine but the fact that IS a virtual machine and will not deliver the same performance/stability/shiet as iOS would.
>>
Android, I used to have iphones, but the specs of smasung stuff is way better
>>
File: kek (2).jpg (103 KB, 678x960) Image search: [Google]
kek (2).jpg
103 KB, 678x960
>>676422261
Y-you, you a-apple sympathizer....
>>
>>676415899
Here's the Honest truth.

Apple is great.. Great product great services for repairs etc etc. Downside.. Not customisable can get sd cards and pricey as fuck to get more then 64gb. My biggest pet hate is no IR and still no innovation.
>>
File: 1455664546482.jpg (105 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
1455664546482.jpg
105 KB, 480x800
>>676415899
>>>/g/

This is literally one of two things they are good for.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.