[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /b/ starting to work at McDonald's soon, how stressful
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 199
Thread images: 25
File: Zrf2h3RD_400x400.jpg (7 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Zrf2h3RD_400x400.jpg
7 KB, 400x400
Hey /b/ starting to work at McDonald's soon, how stressful and difficult is it to work there.
>>
>>676354920
I dunno I just eat there, not working.
>>
>>676354920
Probably harder than many places.

Its not going to be crap money and you'll have to put up with people with the mentality of btards who think they are better than you because of the job you do even though they don't work and leech off the system/their parents
>>
I worked there in 2006 for like 6 months ( I was sixteen).

It's kind of annoying because your managers are probably retards, the caliber of people you're working with is pretty low (their training videos are literally cartoons), and they're going to pretty much treat you like shit because you're very replaceable.

That was ten years ago but that was basically my experience.
>>
>>676354920
if your iq is over 95 you're going to be annoyed by your colleagues

speaking out of prejudice here
>>
>>676354920
it really isn't; you're just an inept kid that can't do shit right. it is literally the EASIEST JOB AVAILABLE
>>
>>676354920

its bullshit. managers are dicks company are cheap fucks they will cut hours make you work like a fucking slave for shit wages. clean scrub sweep mop cook clean take care of customers. and all while the managers just stand there doing shit

its a shit job with no appreciation
>>
>>676355635
another kid detected
>>
>>676355666
checkd
>>
>>676355626

this motherfucker never worked there.. and if he did he was just an order taker which requires no effort or skills and here these fuckers think their job is worth $15 an hour? fuck right off
>>
>>676355666

fuck you motherfucker ive been working there for years. its a crap job shit pay and the managers are cunts.
>>
>>676354920
I worked there for ~3 years in the box for drive thru, taking orders
If you don't want to have to deal with people then if you work in the back cooking, so long as you don't mind mindless repetitive tasks you have to complete relatively quickly, then it's mostly fine stress and difficulty wise
If you don't mind dealing with people then trying to work in the box is a lot easier than out front on register, most times you get to sit down & if it gets really busy it tends to back up & you're sitting there for minutes between taking orders & dealing with cash, that said you're expected to take orders & money/give out change at the same time, though that's not really that difficult, at least after a while
>>
Yeah, peoples' biases are really showing here.

It's a shitty job and you don't get paid enough. Does it require a PhD and will you have to make major decisions that impact everyone's lives? No. That doesn't mean it isn't hard. Part of the reason is because you're so replaceable that managers will fuck you over and there isn't really anything you can do about it besides put up with it or get fired.

Also, the /b/ elitist "I'm better than people who work at McDonalds" attitude is pretty telling of people who never worked there.
>>
>>676355824
so why are you still working there, you absolute waste of a human who fails to even check trips
>>
>>676356277

>Unemployment in US >5%
>Underemployment rate in US >13%

Y DONT U JUST GET BETTER JARB OLOLOLOL
>>
modern human society sucks

that feel when you will never see it destroyed
>>
If you're worried about McDonald's being a stressful job, your future looks pretty dim.
>>
>>676356277
>check trips

sorry, I dont participate in lame fucking meme
>>
>>676356467

>"Hi. I'm someone who obviously never worked a shitty, entry level fast food job. It sure looks easy though."
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 960x540
>4chan today
>>
File: 1444927411093.jpg (163 KB, 530x530) Image search: [Google]
1444927411093.jpg
163 KB, 530x530
Depends. I work at a McDonalds franchise in a small town in northwest Illinois, the work is like any job stress-wise, there might be a little more. If you're afraid of rude people, the service side isn't for you, but it's more laid back (not by much).

My store, which seems to be unlike other locations, is good at hiring semi-competent people. We're small and slightly understaffed, I've been working the drive thru every single day since October, mon-fri from 4:30am-1pm. I'm only 22 and I can not stand working with high schoolers.

Chances are, there's a lot of opportunity for you to move up, especially if you work for a corporate location. Get good at being precise, quickly and efficiently, and by being punctual, mention it to your managers after maybe a year about taking manager classes. Its more stress.

But I don't know, from what I hear a lot of McDonalds have problems with managers and staff.

Plus, I don't work with nigs (my location is in a rural town of roughly 2,000 population) so I'm afraid my advice might not do much
>>
>>676354920
worked there for 3 months

it's not a 'difficult' job to do as >>676355626 pointed out but it is hard to keep at it, repetition of mind numbing and many disgusting tasks for hours on end with no enjoyment in it and no immediate good feelings or reward other than your shit pay at the end of the week

7/10 customers are bland and say nothing, 2/10 are rude and 1/10 will be nice and might say thanks

managers are awful people that couldn't make the jump from fast food work to anything higher so they stayed and became bitter people that can now only get their kicks out of abusing teenagers or hitting on them

90% of the process that goes into preparing the fast food is disgusting, and 100% of cleaning up after customers is disgusting - whether it's just cleaning their messes on the table or cleaning the green diarrhea sprayed over all four walls in the bathroom stall

management has no sympathy for you, and the chain upwards from them has no sympathy from them so the shit just rolls down
I worked with a girl that spent a while throwing up in the bathroom and was expected to still get right out and work the front counter again immediately, and cried from the abuse she received when she wanted to take a small break, and she was told she needed to get up and work or be fired

there are no moments you can sit around and chill, you are expected to constantly be moving and working, if there's no customers you should be cleaning or preparing things for when more customers will be there

there are no perks other than what shitty discount they may offer you, for me it was 50% off one meal only on your shift break, no other times. you cannot sneak any food, not one fry or nugget, you will be fired if you do, and everywhere is under camera surveillance which is often reviewed for 'performance assessment'

that's what comes off the top of my head, it was a fair while ago i worked there
>>
>>676356065
I worked there and it helped me learn that I am better than people that work at McDonalds - that I needed to work harder than I was and get out of there
>>
>>676356975

Congratulations on being an arrogant underachiever who needed something of a wake up call, but plenty of us are still working shitty jobs because the economy is fucked.

Sorry to tell you this, but you're really not better than anyone else, especially if your criteria is what job they work.
>>
>>676356807
Also one more thing. My location is part of a gas station, and the gas station workers maintain the bathrooms in the building. And that is something I am thankful for every day.
>>
>>676357190
Agreed. The biggest thing I had to accept about adulthood is that jobs are not always going to be something you enjoy. Just accept it, punch in, work hard, early hours, long hours, and get your money and run. Its a job.
>>
>>676355583
Protip: you're pretty much replaceable in every job you work.
>>
>>676357190
Whoa whoa there bud, this economy is not fucked. And im not this anon, but your fascination with how mcdonalds is hard "work" and how these workers have to deal with shit is true, but then again just do the work. Seriously. I worked in the ff industry for 5 years, and not the put food in trays then assemble the sandwich ff, this was made to order ff. It sucked, but honestly just do the work. It isnt that bad, im scraped shit off walls, shoveled snow, remade thousands of burgers, worked for managers with drug and anger issues, etc. I just put my head down and worked. My arms are covered in grease burn and cut scars, the fact that you have to claim this job is hard shows your arrogance m8.
>>
>>676357533

What really surprised me was just how hard it was to get jobs. I always thought I'd be fine growing up, but getting out of the military was a real wake up call.

I'm an educated, healthy white male who is a veteran with no criminal record. I have a solid 5+ years teaching experience, mechanical experience, and relatively reasonable computer skills. I can't find a job doing anything. I still work a crappy hotel job.

I don't have some kind of weird online sex thing up, nor do I interview poorly.
>>
>>676357777
Duly noted and nice get
>>
>>676357875

How does claiming that other people working a job where they aren't respected or appreciated arrogant? I don't think you understand that word. This especially doesn't make sense when you go on to describe a litany of reasons why the job sucks.

And yeah, not sure where you live, but the Economy in the US is fucked.
>>
>>676358133
No the economy isnt fucked and arrogance is having an exaggerated sense of importance which is what you have towards ff workers. Learn the language m8. Yeah the job sucks, but they arent martyrs.
>>
>>676357777

I mean, soft of.

If you're working somewhere that requires any kind of skill, a company is going to be more hesitant to replace you then if they could just hire any joe off the street simply because of the learning curve to retrain a new guy. McDonalds can train you in like less than two weeks.
>>
>>676357908
When I have my DL for 18 months (which will be next month) I'm leaving McDonalds, gonna train to for a cdl as a school bus driver. After some few years, I'll get my training done for trucking.

Trucking has great pay by experience, paid training, People are short drivers, and you get to sit on your ass for a living. If you're okay with not being around people for a month at a time (or be lucky to find work where you're home on the weekends) it can actually be a job you enjoy. My whole family has had professional drivers and it just makes sense to me.
>>
>>676354920
It's a waste of time.

During your stay there you won't pick up any 'real world' skills.

You won't learn anything that will help you get a better, higher paying, more satisfying job later in life.

You won't make enough money to generate a savings account, or even keep your head afloat.

You'll end up resenting your co-workers and corporate America even more than before.

Again, it's just a literal waste of time. You'd be much better off 'wasting your time' as an apprentice somewhere. At least you'd learn a trade of sorts which is useful. Or go be a 'hand' on a construction site if you're simply looking to pass time and make minimal money.

tl;dr don't ever take on work in which you can't learn anything from
>>
>>676358432

Almost 20% of the entire American population being underemployed or unemployed is not fucked?

The average college graduate being financially dependent on their parents until they're almost 27 years old is not fucked?

I guess you've been living under a rock, but the US had a recession that we're still going through. You might want to actually get some perspective on what the fuck you're talking about before you start showcasing your ignorance on the internet.

And no, you don't understand what the word "arrogant" means. What's arrogant is demeaning fast food workers and the anon who said he was better than people who worked at McDonalds.

I never said they were marytrs, I just said the job sucked and they don't get any respect.
>>
>>676358557

My stepdad was a truck driver. It's kind of not a bad gig (especially if you have your own rig), but a lot of those guys develop health problems.
>>
>>676358863
No it isnt still in a recession. No unemployment isnt that high.
>>
>>676358432
The US economy is dependant on the middle-class entirely. The middle-class is a bubble in their own right. To cast your economical integrity on a class of people who can barely keep their heads above water means that your economy is 'fucked'.
>>
>>676358448

Everyone is replaceable. I've just realized that as I've gotten older. I see younger people, fresh out of school, come through thinking "if I leave, this place will fall apart". Sure it's a pain in the ass when people leave, but there's always someone behind you.
I've left 4 jobs so far in my life and they've all survived without me.
>>
>>676359026
Becoming a truck driver now is not a good long term plan. Robots gonna take that job in 10-20 or so years.
>>
first job i ever had, had a 50yr old creeper guy that worked there for like 12 years grab my ass everyday, got him fired. fucking sucked
they over work you, cant fucking sit down, have to stand the entire fucking time, got bitched at after the lunch rush for sitting down for like 1 fucking minute, would have like 3 cashiers with 2 people making the food, and bitch if your not fast enough, smell bad, feel greesy and fucking gross. i hated it, DO NOT WORK THERE, quit anon, seriously
>>
>>676359026
Thats true. A lot of people in my family are fat in their own special way. Me included. I'm thinking about doing flatbed. Its more active and you can make decent money if you choose to be an owner operator.
>>
File: andray-blatche-mcdonalds1.jpg (161 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
andray-blatche-mcdonalds1.jpg
161 KB, 1024x682
>>676356857
I worked fast food 4 years through college and I agree with most of your points.

It's a difficult job on your body, but not as bad as a driving job or construction. Nothing worse than being assigned to the drive thru window when you're too tall, hunching for six hours is not pleasant. Neither is getting on your knees and scrubbing tables, all while breathing in those chemicals without a fucking mask.

I'd say the Mexican managers are decent however. I always got the impression they were afraid of deportation so they always worked their ass off. They expected you to do the same, but at least I could respect their own work ethic.

I just thought the job was interesting because customers showed their true colors. Assholes definitely looked down on you, you had your stoners/obese families/odd regulars, and occasionally some nice people. I'm surprised so many people would trust a minimum wage worker to make their food. Even I served food off the floor once when I was very immature at the beginning.
>>
>>676359132

> Unemployment rate = 4.9%
> Underemployment rate = 14.7%
> Great recession = 2007 - 2009
> Global recession

Again, you have no idea what you're talking about. Fucking google before you open your mouth for god's sakes. I hate having to educate people like you constantly.
>>
>>676359209

My point wasn't that the place would crash if you left.

My point was that it's easier to replace someone at McDonalds than it is to replace someone at a mechanical engineering firm.
>>
>>676357190
Arrogant? I just took my first casual job and then quickly learned that I am far more capable than what this job requires of me, and that I can do much more with myself than this, so I was out in three months sharp.

Underachiever? I just told you that I left the job that you have to do better things. Not really a place to call me an underachiever from is it?

No, the economy is not the reason you have a shit tier job. I don't know you so I can't tell the reason, but it's not 'because the economy is fucked.' Plenty of people of us are still scoring far better jobs than you while 'the economy is fucked.' It's probably because you're a loser.

Work is where people spend most of their waking time. 9am to 5pm five days a week is the typical amount. Whether you like it or not, if not in the beginning, your work will eventually define you.

Like you for example - you work at McDonalds. You are bitter and spiteful toward people above you. You might say 'I'm only spiteful when they look down on me,' but the thing is that everybody is above you. Everybody will look down on you.

When we were all in school teachers would tell us 'you need to do well here or else you'll end up flipping burgers at McDonalds.' You are the most used example of the lowest of the low.

Hope you have fun making lots of fries this week anon.
>>
>>676359209
too bad people wont have big enough balls to burn down joints with good ol fashioned arsen
>>
>>676359633
Which means:

>Employment rate = 96.1%
>Appropriate employment = 86.3%

You are still in the small shit rung of society. Just because it's higher than it has been in the past doesn't mean you're any less useless for being in it.
>>
>>676359800
>those people continue to use the service
>>
>>676359438
>hunching for six hours
You think this is better than working construction? Hunching for 6 hours will blow your back out way faster than a construction job.

And at least on a construction site you might pick up some useful skills (construction, electrical, HVAC, using a hammer, etc). You aren't learning anything worthwhile at McD's.
>>
>>676359633
What this guy said>>676360003
Also of course there is underemployment, how many people are in jobs that have nothing to do with their training. Oh you thought underemployment only meant part time work lol no
>>
>>676359800

Whoah there asshole. Your post said "I'm better than the people working at McDonalds."

That's the definition of arrogant.

What makes you and underachiever is that (apparently) you had better options but it took working at a shit tier job to realize you should take advantage of them. Plenty of us working crap jobs simply have no other options.

Also, learn to read fool. I don't work at McDonalds anymore, retard. You didn't even read what I wrote.

And the fact that you're just writing off the fact that around 20% of our country is underemployed or unemployed as if it has no bearing on peoples' ability to find jobs just further illustrates that you don't know shit.

Have fun parading your stupidity on the internet.
>>
>>676360616

That statistic for underemployment came from BLS and specifically only refers to those who are only working part time.

The amount of people working entry level jobs full time with training or college degrees would make that number sky rocket.
>>
>>676354920
I'm a chef at Wendy's so I can't attest to the McDonald's experience
>>
>>676360880
Source
>>
File: courtney_cummz_bukkake_rekt.jpg (37 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
courtney_cummz_bukkake_rekt.jpg
37 KB, 720x480
>>676355635
>no appreciation

k k, next time we ll bukkake u
>>
>>676360714
if i see a dog shit on the ground, and i think 'i am better than this dog shit,' that won't make me arrogant

checkmate anon, just sit in the corner and let the other anon cuck you already
>>
>>676361115

http://www.statista.com/statistics/205240/us-underemployment-rate/

"The rate is created by adding unemployed workers, who are looking for work, to the amount of workers employed part time but seeking full-time work. In February 2016, the U.S. underemployment rate was at 14.7 percent. "

This doesn't represent the amount of people who are overqualified for their jobs, are unemployed and not looking for work, and those who are unemployed but didn't file for unemployment.
>>
>>676361584

> Calls people who work at mcdonalds beneath them and compares them to dogshit

> Doesn't understand why this is arrogant
>>
>>676361767
>says stats are from bls
>gallup poll
Ho ho ho good show m8
>>
>>676361852
what I'm saying and agreeing with other anon, is that it doesn't take arrogance to know you're better than something worthless
>>
>>676362104
You are correct
>>
As a current manager at mc Donald's... i deal with the strangest, most awkward people on the planet. We say "the crazies come out at night", too true! Recently, we've had more than five people either quit or get fired for reasons unknown... leaving us on average 7 people for early morning/day shift and two people during nights. Yesterday, I had to count weekly inventory, the other manager was on the floor till seven in the evening to give me time to do my own thing. When she left it was just myself and one other person in the store, forcing me to have to take all orders one one register, bagging orders, and giving them out. Giving that it was fucking easter... i expected NOONE to come to mc donalds... WRONG!!!! Somehow everyone decided to come. FUCK ME! having three, four , and five card lined up at a time made it a living hell. Hearing customers say "Hello!?!" through the intercom was so damn aggravating i just wanted to say "go the fuck home" back at them... This has been an ongoing problem where i work for almost two months now. Please PLEASE do not go to Mc Donald's on ANY national holiday... or we WILL fuck up your order on purpose. I PROMISE. --Thanks! :)
>>
>difficult

Well i'll go out on a limb and say anywhere between curing cancer and designing a rocket engine
>>
>>676354920
Can you just hurry up and get my goddam fries??

Fuck man...
>>
>>676362423
>Please PLEASE do not go to Mc Donald's on ANY national holiday... or we WILL fuck up your order on purpose. I PROMISE. --Thanks! :)

oo u a tuff guy fuckin up cheeseburgers to get over the lack of control you have over your life
>>
>>676362104

Calling all people who work at McDonalds worthless is arrogant. Anybody disputing that doesn't understand the word.

It's really not worth arguing though. At the end of the day, I post facts, I cite sources, but your argument is basically that the world is a fair place. You think that people who just work hard and are qualified find good jobs, and all of us working for virtually nothing with no real prospects are just doing so because we're not as good as you.

Sorry to tell you this, but my opinion is falsifiable. You could disprove it if there was evidence that it was wrong. Your position is one in which there's literally nothing I can show you that could change your opinion. You're just going to write off the data I post, dispute the sources, and act like almost 20% of the population not finding the work they're looking for is just something you can dismiss.

I have enough life experience to know that life is not fair. Maybe one day you will join me.
>>
>>676354920
>>676362423
see >>676355583

all u fuckers working at a fastfood joint >18 are fucking losers and should seriously kill yourselves.
>>
>>676354920
You working front or back, homie?
>>
File: 1446023492612.png (239 KB, 529x251) Image search: [Google]
1446023492612.png
239 KB, 529x251
>>676362810
>this upset at being on the same level of dog shit
Listen bud change your life, life is pretty balanced. Learn a new skill, put in the work. No one is keeping you at your current job. Just because your gallup poll 20% is there doesnt mean shit. Fix your life, you are the only one to blame and this is why you are so upset because you know it.
>>
I worked at the Kristy krab for 3 weeks. Management sucked ass treating everyone like shit and paid low wages. Most of the time I felt like I couldn't breathe, and the pressure I felt was bad. We literally had to sign waivers saying we wouldn't give out the secret recipe. It was all just shit.

I'm glad I quit. Best job ever
>>
>>676363301

You know, you're right.

I'm going to tell my disabled 68 year old mom to fuck off and fend for herself. I'm going to really change things. The first thing I'll do is find time between working 80 hours a week at my two minimum wage jobs and research a good trade school. Even though I have three degrees already and probably won't be able to get any financial aid, I'll just beg super hard at the financial aid office and show them how dedicated I am to change my life. After taking two years to complete my trade certification, I'll start working HVAC at $12 an hour and I'll be 33.

Genius.
>>
>>676359209
that's more because you're useless
>>
>>676360714
>arrogant
/arəɡ(ə)nt/
adjective
having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities

I do not need to exaggerate myself or importance to be better than a McDonalds worker. In most cases all it takes is a high school education.

It's clearly only you that does not understand the word.

Also, underemployment and unemployment are not the same thing. Vastly different. Could be considered polar opposites actually since underemployment is still employment, and employment is the opposite of unemployment. Which means 20% of the country is not unemployed.
>>
>>676363718
>has three degrees
>still has to work minimum wage
>mom didnt save
>feels he is responsible
Damn dude you are shitty. How do you have three degrees and no job in that field? How come you havent taken a promotion to manager at your ff job? How come you havent searched for a better job that doesnt require a skill? How come you are still making excuses?
>>
>>676363718
you have the debt of three degrees, you made your bed, it's the result of your choices. sorry bud but you fucked your own life up.
>>
>>676363718
look at this faggot crtying like a fucking bitch. you work 80 hrs a week...?LOLOLOLOLOL

nigger, i work 16 hour days all fucking week long. i make pretty gud $$ too and im a full time student. i get ~4hrs ofg sleep every night.

u need to get ur shit together. i bet ur degrees are fucking history, fine arts, or some other stupid fucking retard tier shit. ur own fault.
>>
File: 1458409550840.jpg (24 KB, 960x422) Image search: [Google]
1458409550840.jpg
24 KB, 960x422
>>676363718
You can't be serious. This must be bait by now.

I know it's sarcasm, but it's sarcasm based on truth - that your only idea to escape your terrible employment is to throw your dependent to the curb and then furthermore beg for financial aid.

You typed it out in a way that screamed 'if only I could fuck my disabled mother off and ask the government for more money.'
>>
>>676363718
Your mom should be getting disability.
>>
>>676354920
I've worked in a lot of restaurants and McDonalds was the worst. It isn't a bad job really. It's easy as fuck, and anyone who says otherwise has never cooked anywhere else. The only reason it's the worst one is because as I got more experience and moved to higher caliber restaurants, which are more fun. That's how I learned to cook for myself.
>>
Depends where you work in the restaurant. If you're in the kitchen, then it's not too bad if you have people that will back you up if you get busy (unless you're in some obscure location like a Walmart where you won't get much business). But if you work the register, get ready to deal with a lot of self-entitled retards over the time you work there, but remember that most people are good and only want to get their food and gtfo.
>>
>>676364567
she would be getting disability if you could collect for having kids like this.>>676363718
>>
>>676364740
better yet, this guy >>676363718 should just be collecting disability
>>
I'm laughing at the fantasy world most so many anon in this thread live in.

> "The economy is not fucked"

> "It's not arrogant that I'm better than all McDonalds workers, who are dogshit."

> Believing the world is fair and calling you autistic for knowing better.

> US Census Bureau counts the number of Master’s-educated people on food stamps rose from 101,682 to 293,029. Those with a PhD increased from 9,776 soaring to 33,655

> Posting tons of data, everyone ignores it

> Tells you it's your fault for going to college and getting a degree in the sciences

> mfw 50% of professors in PASSHE are adjuncts (meaning they make like 30k a year, work on contractual basis, and have no health benefits).

I post data and facts. You guys call names. Please continue to embarrass yourselves.
>>
>>676360714
>Plenty of us working crap jobs simply have no other options
You're limiting your 'options' by not wanting to step out of your little 'safe' bubble.

The US-of-A is a massive country. There are millions of jobs nationwide. Just depends on whether you're only capable of settling for a job at McD's, or if you're actually willing to get off your ass and make a change by seeking options elsewhere in the country.

No jobs in your little town? Move to another. No jobs in your state? Move to another. Rinse and repeat.

I'm sure I'll be contested on this with little excuses, but I'm not wrong in my statements. If you really, really wanted to make a better life for yourself, you'd go out and make it happen. Otherwise, you're simply content living a life of delusion in thinking that there are NO other jobs available in this world for you.

In ~10 years I've moved ~7 times in search of a good, high(er) paying job than the last. Now I've found a job that pays me stupid money because I was forever learning new skills, and never settled for a job at McD's.
>>
>>676364982
>this guy cant quit making excuses
How is it the majority of people have work? How is it the majority of people with degrees work in their field? How come you didnt chase a better degree? How come anon? Why cant you understand that you are the one who has fucked up?
>>
File: 1402819206227.png (383 KB, 481x708) Image search: [Google]
1402819206227.png
383 KB, 481x708
>>676364982
>i post facts
facts dont save you from still being a dogshit tier worker still kek
>>
>>676365122
>just pick yourself up by the bootstraps
>>
>>676364982
tell me what area of science your degree is in and ill tell you exactly why you are working at mcdonalds. go ahead, lying fucking cunt.
>>
>>676365439
>implying you cant
>>
>>676365122

I literally get up every morning and apply for jobs. I typically apply for around twenty jobs a week, which is around 80 a month. I've been doing this for the last three years since I graduated college. I apply for jobs in everything. Just this week I applied for jobs teaching in private schools, computer programming, doing mechanical work, being a documents handler, working the front desk at a dental office, and being a maintenance guy. If I'm not applying for jobs, I'm calling back and asking about resumes. Newsflash: It's only Monday.

I apply for jobs all over the united states, including those in foreign countries. I've applied to triple canopy, Blackwater (Academi), and every veteran friendly company I can find.

I have an honorable discharge, no criminal record, was an honor student with tons of extracurricular activites, I have stable employment history, I have lots of valuable skills and got top notch training through the army. In my free time, I teach myself skills to make myself more marketable (recently web design, CSS, HTML, HTML 5, and Javascript). I barely do anything for fun anymore because I feel bad for not working to get out of my shit situation in my free time. I have been to interview workshops and create a unique resume for every job I apply for. For the first six months, I had these resumes looked over by professionals to see what was wrong with them, but they always leave baffled and unable to find anyway to really improve them.

In the last three years, I have moved 4 times across the country and state - always following work and promises of work.

So when I come to 4chan (or anywhere else) and watch people struggle to understand how it that people like me exist, I just kind of shake my head at this point and laugh at how insulated you must be from the real world.

We're a real group of people and there's more of us than you think. Keep believing the world is fair, but you're the ones making excuses.
>>
>>676357777
Nice message, nice quads!
>>
>>676366865
I know your plight, anon. Hope you find work soon
>>
>>676366865
>I applied for jobs teaching in private schools, computer programming, doing mechanical work, being a documents handler, working the front desk at a dental office, and being a maintenance guy

That's quite the array. No wonder you're not getting hired. You can't possibly have the required experience/skills in each of these (completely different fields) that would warrant a hiring.

For example, simply knowing a little bit of CSS, HTML/5, and JS, does not make you a 'computer programmer'. It means you can probably work a wee bit on Wordpress blogs and such, but just knowing those entry-level skills aren't going to get you hired most anywhere. I'm a software developer, and I don't even put those on my resume any more as they're expected skills to such a degree that including them is pointless. I turn away ~50 resumes a month for my company because people applying for developer positions aren't actually qualified developers. They've learned a few things online, and now think they can hang with the big boys making big boy salaries.

Mechanical work also requires a TON of experience and perhaps schooling. As does teaching. You need a lot of schooling to become a teacher. You need to put in extra hours in it because it's such a saturated field now. Maintenance guys also need to be qualified in a large array of skills (depending on what kind of maintenance you're referring to).

You're best (you have to) focus on one primary field and go after that. You need to learn that one field to be great at it. By spreading yourself so thin you're excluding yourself from consideration because there will ALWAYS be somebody out there who has more experience/skills in the field than you.
>>
>>676354920
Just quit last week, was working there for 6 months never got payed more than 7.25. It's very hard especially if your on grill. And the end of the day you'll smell like shit be tired and back hurting
>>
> That's quite the array. No wonder you're not getting hired. You can't possibly have the required experience/skills in each of these (completely different fields) that would warrant a hiring

Yes, I do.

> 5 years of teaching experience in universities with three degrees.

> 2 certificates from the army in mechanical fields with 2 years of experience working them in the army.

> Know python, biopython, and java. Have a programming portfolio.

>Work the front desk at a hotel for the last 9 months.

That qualifies me for at least an entry level position in all of the jobs I mentioned.

Also, HTML and HTML 5 are mark up languages - not programming languages. Interesting how a software developer didn't know this, but whatever.

Also, your point is moot because I'm trying to take even the years of programming experience I have and applying for "software engineering" jobs. I'm applying for entry level just to get my foot in the door.

Again, you have no perspective.
>>
>>676369253
>Also, HTML and HTML 5 are mark up languages - not programming languages. Interesting how a software developer didn't know this, but whatever.
Where id I state they're programming languages? I didn't. I said:

>For example, simply knowing a little bit of CSS, HTML/5, and JS, does not make you a 'computer programmer'

I have perspective. 2-5 years of experience is nadda. I don't even consider applicants with only 2 years of experience. Minimum of 5 years, and your portfolio better be air-tight and relevant.

Listen, you're obviously not as qualified as you believe you are or you'd be getting hired. Right? Python and Java are among the 2 most sought after languages in the world today. How many years of working experience do you have with each? Not just writing some at home, but actual working experience with reputable companies.

Post the link to your portfolio. I'll tell you in 30 seconds if you're as good as you think you are.

>Work the front desk at a hotel for the last 9 months
Sure, but your competition probably has ~10 years of front desk experience. See my point?
>>
>>676369253
I know your problem, and its shitty but youre over qualified. Dumb down your resume, trust me. You have too much no one will hire you for entry level because you arent entry level, and youre not mid level because you dont have actual real world experience. Seriously take a few things off your resume, i had an old roommate who had to do that
>>
>>676370651

If you think I'm going to post my github to 4chan (especially after the shit-show this thread has become), you really are out of touch.

And once again, your anecdote is irrelevant because I'm not applying to be a software engineer. I'm applying for entry level jobs in these fields.

Seriously, that's the second time I've had to write that for you.

Also, I didn't say "I I think I'm good at programming" (whatever that means). I said I know how to program in python, java, and biopython. I have certificates from schools in them, but it doesn't matter because I never make it to the interview anyway.

> Sure, but your competition probably has ~10 years of front desk experience. See my point?

This was part of my original point. The competition to do anything is insane, and those of us who can't land jobs aren't failing to do so by lack of effort or knowledge on our part.
>>
>>676362423

you know its mcdonalds policy to have at least 3 people in the store at all times. you have violated security procedures and im going to report you to your operations manager
>>
>>676357777
not if u're an astrounaut
>>
>>676371526
>Seriously, that's the second time I've had to write that for you.

And I quote...
>I'm trying to take even the years of programming experience I have and applying for "software engineering" jobs
>applying for "software engineering" jobs

Seriously dude.

>I have certificates from schools in them, but it doesn't matter because I never make it to the interview anyway
Means squat, bruh. I have ZERO certificates, and ZERO formal education in software. It takes experience. If you have no work-related experience, you're going to have trouble getting hired. I can tell you from experience, companies get hundreds, even thousands, of applications when a job posting goes live. You had better stand out or you aren't getting a call-back.
>>
>>676366865

Boy that sure shut most of the shittalkers up.
>>
>>676366865

JESUS FUCK YOU APPLY FOR 80 JOBS A MONTH, AND STILL HAVE NO JOB? did you ever think its not because of the employers but because of you? if none of these people are offering you anything its because you have nothing to offer them..

its apparent you are just a major pile of shit that they dont want to hire
>>
>>676372333

Oh, I see what's going on.

That was supposed to say "i'm NOT applying to software engineering jobs."

My bad.
>>
>>676372334
It's more sad than anything tho. 80 resumes a month and still can't get hired? There's obviously a problem with the guy. Last job I got I sent out 3 resumes in total and was interviewing with the first company within a week. Got the job within 2. There's a difference between THINKing you're qualified and actually BEING qualified.
>>
>>676366865
It's not about what you know, it's about who you know.

Every job I've ever gotten was through other people.
>>
>>676366865
When you apply for these jobs what exactly do you do. Send an email/letter with your CV attached/enclosed and wait to hear back?

In all seriousness it sounds like you are applying for too many jobs. You don't have the time to tailor and adapt your CV and cover letter for each positions.
>>
>>676372577
I agree, 80 a month with nothing is fucking heaps. There must be multiple problems with the guy. I've probably applied for less than 20 jobs in my life, had 5, and only 3 interviews.
>>
>>676372577
Well he is trying to get entry level with a phd, so...
>>
>>676372577

Again, I post facts, you guys have ad homs.

You just cannot wrap your minds around the possibility that qualified people aren't getting jobs.

From my earlier post about my qualifications, you really don't think I'm qualified to do anything? Three degrees in the sciences with 5 years of teaching experience at the university level, and you think I'm unqualified to teach 9th grade chemistry?

Two certificates in the mechanical field with two years of work experience therein, you don't think I could be fixing people's toilets or work as an maintenance apprentice?

Again, it's easier to just write me off as some crazy anomaly than to own up to the fact that there's a shit load of people and very few jobs in a stagnant economy.
>>
>>676373134
Dumb down your resume. Do you really expected someone to hire a phd holder for entry level? I know teachers, one told me he was waiting to get his masters after he had worked a bit. Know school system will hire you because you have that phd, the moment you got that without applicable real world experience you dug your own grave
>>
>>676372833

The first thing I do is a look at the position. Make sure I'm qualified for it (although anons would suggest otherwise).

If I am, I wind up researching the company (finding out their philosophies, what they pride themselves on, their history, and etc).

Then I write a formal cover letter explaining why I feel I am a good fit for the position, explaining why I want to work there (because I obviously agree with the company philosophies and would be honored to work at somewhere with such a prestigious history, etc.). I then thank them for their time.

I then take my resume and add or remove elements that are relevant to the position.

So to answer your "question," yes, I do make a unique cover letter and resume for each job I apply to.

I usually wind up calling immediately after sending it, getting in contact with an HR person (or the boss if it's a smaller company) and briefly explain that I feel like a competitive candidate for the position.

Basically some variant of that. And yes, it's around 80 a month.

Just a note, I'm not the only person I know in this position. Literally everyone I know who graduated college (even undergrad) went back to school or is working the same jobs they had when they graduated in the first place.
>>
>>676373598

>the moment you got that without applicable real world experience you dug your own grave

>5 years of teaching experience
>2 certifications from the military in mechanics
>2 years of work experience in the military
>honorable discharge
>Stable work history at entry level jobs for years.

I worked my way through school. Also, when I say "entry level" I don't mean minimum wage jobs (although that's what I have right now).

You guys talking shit aren't even reading what I'm writing.
>>
>>676356540
you obviously don't participate in the human race either. have fun working at a job you do not like for minimum wage.

>>676356429
Unemployment right now is at 4.9%. That basically means everybody is employed and 4% of the people are gaming the system.

If you are legally allowed to work in murrica there is zero reason to work at a place you don't like that pays minimum wage
>>
>>676356429
Lmao don't even mother fucker I'm making 25 an hour at 20 years because I kept finding better jobs
>>
>>676374146

>4.9% = 4%
>Ignores the under-employed
>Ignores those unemployed without filing for unemployment
>Ignores those overqualified for the jobs they're working

>Fuck ya'll there's work out there peepz are jus lazy.
>>
>>676374024
>You guys talking shit aren't even reading what I'm writing
We are reading what you're writing. But 2-5 years of experience isn't much to offer when the competition has 10+. Just the way she goes.

You gotta pick ONE field and work on it. Get more experience, and acquire the latest skills needed.
>>
>>676374272

What do you do?

What school did you go to (high school / college / trade school)?

What area (generally) do you live?

What do your parents do?

How did you get the job?
>>
>>676374024
>teachers assistant is just that an assistant
>having the knowledge and using the knowledge is not the same thing
And im not talking shit, you have the knowledge to do these jobs but you dont have the experience to do them. Entry level does not want somebody with a graduate degree because they will expect you to want more money. Dumb down your resume. (Also you come off really pretentious, so maybe...)
>>
>>676374146
>Unemployment right now is at 4.9%. That basically means everybody is employed and 4% of the people are gaming the system.

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

>what is U6?

That unemployment metric was literally invented in the 1970s specifically to give cover the politicians for low employment. It deliberately excludes millions upon millions of people who don't have work, but want it.

Even infamous economic illiterate Bernie "Everything is Free!" Sanders understands this. Why don't you?
>>
>>676374446

You can't work in fields until you get more experience, which you need to get in fields that aren't going to hire you without experience.

Also, 2 years of work and 2 certifications in mechanics is enough to turn a wrench at a factory bro.
>>
>>676374024
You basically have two options. Find a job that fits you like a glove. A job where ALL of your qualifications matter.

or like anon said before, dumb your resume down, why is that so hard to understand?

Any hiring manager will throw away resumes from people with higher credentials, preferably before anybody sees them
>>
>>676354920
probably fucking horrible

man i go there to get a coffee. it takes fucking 20 minutes because some old piece of shit is complaining about fuck all. or some parent is complaining that they don't have the right toy
>>
>>676355745
With that attitude everywhere you work is going to suck.
>>
>>676374663
Ya, but this is a common mistake by most everybody, and is the sole reason people get left behind in their struggles to get hired.

As you let years escape you, you're getting old (in age). Companies recognize that and don't want some ~30 year old in an entry-level position. You needed to get that entry-level position when you were 16-24 years old, with 24 years old being the latest. At 25+, you should have already have an entry-level position in your field of choice. This is just the way it is. You can have all the excuses in the world as to why this isn't fair, or you were busy doing other things, but that's not going to help your cause. If you missed the boat, you missed the boat. If you're 35 and applying for my job, you'd better have senior credentials with 10-15 years experience on the job to be taken seriously.>>676374663

>Also, 2 years of work and 2 certifications in mechanics is enough to turn a wrench at a factory bro

Might be. But not when 10 other dudes applying for the same job have 20 years experience 'turning wrenches'.
>>
>>676374503

Again, the shit talking.

I was not a Teachers Assistant. You're just assuming that. I was teaching classes. As in, I had my own office and designed my own curriculum.

And as far as coming off as "pretentious," I don't even know how to respond to that.

So far in this thread people told me I was "worse than dogshit" and must have no education, so I shared my education.

Then they said I didn't know how to apply to jobs, so I told them how I did it.

Then they said I have no experience, so I shared my experience.

Now I'm pretentious. I don't see what I have to be pretentious about? I can stand at the front desk at a hotel better than everybody else? I live alone with my mom?

It's like I'm saying, I don't typically get into this conversation because it's not worth having with most people. Yes, I have "dumbed down" versions of my resume. These jobs just have a FUCK TON of overqualified people applying for them because there's simply not enough work out and almost everyone is grossly overqualified for everything.
>>
>>676374479
>What do you do?
Suxk dick

>What area (generally) do you live?
San Franciso

>What do your parents do?
Cry with disappointment every night

>How did you get the job?
Called a number on restroom wall
>>
>>676374381
4.9% unemployment means 4% are gaming the system and .9% have just lost their jobs and are about to get hired again.

under employed is a fucking huge problem. with obamacare law that prohibits companies from hiring full time employees it is going to get worse. That said under employed does not mean mcDonalds for people legally allowed to work in this country

It is true, people are just lazy. Right now there is opportunity every fucking where in america
>>
>>676375387

Low quality b8.
>>
>>676375284
>I was not a Teachers Assistant. You're just assuming that. I was teaching classes. As in, I had my own office and designed my own curriculum
So what happened? Why'd you leave that job? You get fired? The transition, assuming you left on good terms at the time, should have been rather seamless to find another teaching position. But if you left that career for several-to-many years, leaving a several-to-many year vacancy on your teaching resume, employers don't like that.
>>
>>676355635
As a former manager I approve of this message.
>>
>>676375210

>You needed to get that entry-level position when you were 16-24 years old, with 24 years old being the latest. At 25+, you should have already have an entry-level position in your field of choice. This is just the way it is. You can have all the excuses in the world as to why this isn't fair, or you were busy doing other things

>busy doing other things

>applying for jobs = other things.

>You were too busy applying for jobs that required experience to get the experience needed to get jobs that require experience.
>>
>>676355585
Better than not working at all
>>
>>676375284
Then what happened?
>>
>>676354920
it's ezpz, good on a resume, and lots of hot teenage girls
>>
It's easy as fuck after a week. The only stressful thing is when customers feel like being douchebags. Do NOT work overnight shifts btw, you'll be by yourself all night, have your area spotless no matter how busy you are, and the people in the next shift are always late as fuck
>>
>>676375792
So you have been applying for jobs ever since you graduated? But how were you a teacher in that time?
>>
>>676375196

dude walk into any fast food place... the cashier just stands there taking your fucking order. wiping some trays. doing NOTHING.

the guys in the back workin in a hot kitchen making your food do more work and they make the same money as the lazy ass cashier bitch.

now tell me, WHO really deserves that $15 an hour? the cashier thanding there doing nothing, pushing buttons or the guys working making your food?
>>
>>676359894
arson*
>>
File: 1359312560455.gif (2 MB, 252x237) Image search: [Google]
1359312560455.gif
2 MB, 252x237
>>676354920

Good Luck OP. Old Fag here (I'm almost 48) I have a good (EASY) job ($70k a year) decent life. house, new cars taking the family to Mexico next month on holiday... My first Job was at Roy Rogers.. think McDonalds & add fried chicken. It's hard work but you will learn a lot about how the world works. There's a reason it's called work but effort is recognized and preps you for your next job too. You'll do great!!

have some tits!
>>
>>676375805
>>>676375505
Again, the shit talking..

>He left the job! He must have been fired!

No, like I said in other posts, adjuncts have no job security. Most of us teach at multiple schools for <$5,000 per class with no healthcare and no guarantee of rehiring.

In my case, the schools downsized to the point where it was more profitable to work two low paying jobs as opposed to trying to teach several classes.
>>
>>676376118
>then what happened
Shit talking.
>>
>>676375792
>applying for jobs = other things
What jobs? Relevant jobs? Or flipping burgers at McD's?

At 17 I was contracting web design work. I had a good portfolio by 18 to which I landed me an entry-level position within a company. I'm good at what I do. It was a natural fit for me. Not everybody is cut out for any kind of work. Just because you'd like to be in a certain field, doesn't mean you're capable as a person to do it.

You need to be good at what you (want to) do. If you're truly talented, companies will take notice. if you're 'just another resume', you won't get the job. You're not entitled to shit just because you want to be in that field.
>>
>>676375957

...are you asking how you both work and apply for jobs?
>>
>>676375985
The cashiers are the ones that take attitude of cunts like you.
>>
File: IMG_82822.jpg (206 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
IMG_82822.jpg
206 KB, 1440x1080
I got a job last month at McDonalds. It's hard work. I try to keep up, but my hands hurt most of the time. I don't think the manager likes me very much.

Sometimes after work I go to the park and feed the birds. I keep thinking Jake might show up and say hello, but he never does. I hope wherever he is, he's doing okay and making new friends.

I have trouble sleeping at night. I wake up scared. Sometimes it takes me a while to remember where I am.

Maybe I should get me a gun and rob the McDonalds, so they'd send me home. I could shoot the manager while I was at it, sort of like a bonus. But I guess I'm too old for that sort of nonsense anymore. I don't like it here. I'm tired of being afraid all the time. I've decided not to stay.

I doubt they'll kick up any fuss.
Not for an old crook like me.
>>
>>676376118
So you made the decision to work two low paying jobs, instead of continuing teaching, shitty by the sound of it, but at least the teaching was still in your training. Is that right? You made the conscious decision to do this?
>>
>>676376118
Why would you strive to work in this industry then? Makes no sense and isn't helping your cause.

Research industries with room to grow, are hiring people left, right, center, and are paying well. Don't take shitty jobs that pay shit, offer no benefits, and drop you like a bad habit and then cry about it.
>>
>>676376269
No, but you implied you were only apply for jobs
>>
>>676376379
lol wut
>>
>>676376379
da fuck is McSpaghetti? You Yanks are fucked. You'll eat anything.
>>
>>676374597
Sanders understands that the higher that number goes the more voters he will have. That is why socialist countries routinely have 25%+ unemployment.

Look, I am agreeing with you that Temp work sucks right now. It is what happens when you make a law that makes hiring full time workers without experience impossible, but temp workers are working and they can do better than mcdonalds in most cases (some mcdonald workers are dam happy, but it is a tough job with a lot of shit thrown at you for very little money)

That said, I see so many opportunities to make cash out there right now that it's not even funny. That was not true a few years ago, it may not be true again in a few years, but right now there is no excuse.
>>
File: labor-force-particpation-chart.jpg (163 KB, 1012x692) Image search: [Google]
labor-force-particpation-chart.jpg
163 KB, 1012x692
>>676374597

This guy gets it.
>>
>>
>>676376253

All jobs. Read the fucking posts, asshole.

Please tell me more anecdotes about how you became a software engineer as if it's helpful or relevant.
>>
>>676376220

>Assuming you got fired or left for some personal defect, proceeding to lecture you as if you didn't know leaving a ton of jobs reflects poorly on your resume.

Asking what happened.
>>
>>676376351

doesnt entitle them to $15 an hour either. they literally do nothing. shit, the registers do 90% of the work, even tells them how much change to give back. the touch screen has pictures of the fuckin food. a trained monkey could do that job
>>
>>676376928
>this insecure
>>
>>676376457

>>676376523

It pays more, the work is stable, it has more room for promotion, and I have healthcare.

You guys are mistaking the prestige of teaching a college class with security. Again, read my posts about what it's like to be an adjunct.

Also, more incorrect assumptions.
>>
>>676376812
You're not hireable. End of story. You been applying for 'all jobs' your entire life, and you're expecting great things to happen? Focus, anon. Focus. Pick a fucking field and work in that field, and that field alone if you want to get somewhere. If you're doing 1 year in this field, 2 years in that field, 9 months in another.. how the fuck are you expecting to land a decent job? To an employer you're all over the map. Not a desirable attribute.
>>
File: riceburger.jpg (347 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
riceburger.jpg
347 KB, 768x1024
>>
File: Mexico.jpg (413 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Mexico.jpg
413 KB, 2048x1536
>>
>>676376944

And posting on /b/ like you are God's gift to humanity doesn't give you a right to carry on living yet here you are doing both.
>>
File: Taipei 076.jpg (244 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Taipei 076.jpg
244 KB, 1600x1200
>>
File: spaghet.jpg (22 KB, 277x284) Image search: [Google]
spaghet.jpg
22 KB, 277x284
>>676357777
quads of truth
>>
File: 213.jpg (192 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
213.jpg
192 KB, 1600x900
>>
>>676376719
another faggot that has never heard of the baby boomers.

surprise, people are getting old and retiring
>>
File: Ebi_burger.jpg (168 KB, 1216x684) Image search: [Google]
Ebi_burger.jpg
168 KB, 1216x684
>>
It was my first job when I was 16. I constantly had people screaming at me for bizarre reasons and weird guys trying to ask me out/feel me up. A shelf in the cleaning cupboard fell on me and fucked up my leg (its still being weird now) and they refused to take responsibility for the broken shelf. It would have been fine if it wasn't run by fucking Romanians...
>>
>>676376944
You can continue to pay them <$10 an hour and watch as crime steadily rises, or you can pay people a decent, fair wage, and then they can afford to buy their shit instead of jacking yours.

Get your head outta your ass. You might not think flipping burgers warrants $15 an hour, but in today's market, one simply cannot survive on anything less. Either they work for <$10 an hour and you, the taxpayer, supplements the rest, or the company flips the entire bill and gives them $15. Your choice, Einstein.
>>
File: brazil.jpg (185 KB, 1000x664) Image search: [Google]
brazil.jpg
185 KB, 1000x664
>>
File: 1447815112129.jpg (51 KB, 707x506) Image search: [Google]
1447815112129.jpg
51 KB, 707x506
>>676354920
I didn't work at McDonald's but worked at Wendy's for 5 years and overall it was okay beside the fact the pay was garbage and I only got a raise once a year and it was a stupid 10 cent raise. I loved working with my co workers the community wasn't garbage yes I got shittons of a hole people but that life. It's a job and nothing more not even a career it just something to do until you find a better job.
>>
>>676377156

> Get experience in a field that requires experience so you have the experience to progress in that field.

> If you're doing 1 year in this field, 2 years in that field, 9 months in another.. how the fuck are you expecting to land a decent job?

The dreamworld where people pick they jobs they want and don't take the jobs available for money they need.

It must be awesome to live in that fantasy.

You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>676377132
>This sheltered.
>>
File: IMG_8902.jpg (293 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8902.jpg
293 KB, 1200x1600
>>
File: UAE10.jpg (125 KB, 1296x972) Image search: [Google]
UAE10.jpg
125 KB, 1296x972
>>
>>676355583
pretty much the same experience I had when I worked there briefly about two years ago. Not only were my managers retards, but also they could barely speak fucking english..
>>
>>676354920
Peasant.
>>
>>676375985
Alot of the times they rotate who works the register. Most of the people at fast food places can work all the positions. Also my engineering job is way easier then when I worked in fast food and I make 13 times as much.
>>
>>676377135
So you make the decision to do these jobs and wonder why your life is the way it is. Good glad we could have this talk.
>>
File: IMAG0229.jpg (194 KB, 1600x957) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0229.jpg
194 KB, 1600x957
>>
>>676358432
>"Learn the language m8"
>Speaks like curry nigger
Ok.
>>
>>676377781

I mean honestly, have any of you guys here talking shit actually taken a sociology class?

You guys do realize that over 90% of people either stay in the social class they're born into or go down, right?

So what's that all about? Poor people are just lazier than middle class people?

It's just interesting to see how many people are boasting about this world of opportunity that exists in a county with where over 20% are unemployed, under employed, or grossly overqualified for the work they're doing.

>So you make the decision to do these jobs and wonder why your life is the way it is. Good glad we could have this talk.

> make the decision

I needed healthcare and enough money to pay the rent on my trailer. The decision was made for me.
>>
>>676378026
>being this late to the party
>>
>>676356857
I worked with this one girl who managed to get herself pregnant at 19. She would go to the bathroom and throw up every half an hour and our abusive manager screamed at her for it. She was about 30 wks...
>>
I worked there for 4 months. I can honestly say that it was the worst job I ever had. I was in the back cooking most of the time but got switched around a lot. My managers were complete cunts. They either did fuck all or got too into their job and tried to be the ''best store'' around. The people I worked with were complete morons. Some were okay and some thought they were better than everyone else and talked behind each other's backs. The hours were crappy and the pay wasn't worth it. In the end I had enough and left and landed myself a very good job with very well pay. The job isn't worth it trust me
>>
>>676354920
I'm going on my 3rd month there. it's a lot harder and fast paced than I thought it would be
>>
>>676378066
>the decision was made for me
Was it? Was it really? It wasnt the fact that you, personally, racked up debt with your three degrees, or the fact that you chose teaching as a profession, or the fact that you didnt save any money while in the army? Your hands were tied huh?
>>
>>676377610
The flavor is quite explosive
>>
>>676378066
No they haven't or they think it's some kind of liberal lie.
>>
File: wonder_woman.jpg (153 KB, 1084x732) Image search: [Google]
wonder_woman.jpg
153 KB, 1084x732
Do an Internet search for: "Louise Ogborn".
>>
OP, ask about the McGangbang
>>
>>676376624
he's making a movie reference
>>
>>676354920
It isn't
>>
>>676378476
>Louise Ogborn
see? I told you people that this country was the land of opportunity
>>
>>676354920
you will need to also know the secret menu items

http://hackthemenu.com/mcdonalds/secret-menu/
>>
Working shitty hours for shitty pay. You basically become their personal bitch. I know from experience
Thread replies: 199
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.