[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /b/ tip? I do only when the service is good.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 27
File: Do you tip.jpg (59 KB, 576x835) Image search: [Google]
Do you tip.jpg
59 KB, 576x835
Does /b/ tip? I do only when the service is good.
>>
when the waitress is hot.
I give her something like 2€
>>
I tip unless the the service is bad. Just an average tip.
>>
I tip because I've worked in food service and I know it's hell and the pay is shit (way less than min wage). I definitely tip MORE if the service is good, and I'll withhold if they suck
>>
>>676235005
I live in Canada. People get paid well enough, fuck a huge tip unless they deserve it.
>>
The only tip I have ever given is don't eat yellow snow.
>>
why should i have to tell my waiter/waitress that? fuck them they get paid an hourly wage i'm there to pay for the food.
>>
>>676236034
so much this.

I do not eat at restaurants so it does not concern me.

also FUCK THEM AND THEIR SHITTY FOOD.

Home cooking is always best.
>>
>>676235005
I tip 15% normally, 20% if they sucked my dick and 0% if they were terrible or bitchy.

Seems like common sense to me, lol.

I was a waiter for two years back in college, and it always mystified me when a customer who never tipped got pissy when they got bad service the second time around.
>>
>>676236065
Well you certainly don't HAVE to.

But you are a certified bitch if you don't.
>>
>>676236065
Your a piece of shit..... kys
>>
File: happy rat.jpg (275 KB, 1390x1337) Image search: [Google]
happy rat.jpg
275 KB, 1390x1337
>>676235005
If they suk dik, yea.
>>
>>676235005
Silly Americans and their ridiculous laws and customs
>>
Not much, they need to get real jobs and stop being greedy ungrateful fuckers
>>
>>676235005
The image is bullshit. It implies servers only actually make $2.75-$3/hour without tips. If they are not tipped and make less than minimum wage on an hourly rate for the hours they worked, the employer is required to pay the difference. The fact is that with tips they almost always make over minimum wage. On top of that, whoever made the graphic doesn't recognize that the real issue is the employers. Somehow tipping has gone from a socially acceptable bribe to something you just do. Employers have taken advantage of this and used tips to pass on paying most of the employees' salaries to the customers.
>>
>>676236065
in most of USA servers get paid 2.83$/hour
>>
>>676236530
why should a customer have to tip to get good service? you get paid an hourly wage to do a good job you fucking entitled piece of shit.
>>
Never, Fuck you.
>>
>>676236685
sorry i don't live in a third world country where employees are paid pennies
>>
If you non tipping faggits only knew the things we do to people we know dont tip.....
>>
>>676236657
this
>>
I always tip 20%

Waiters have to deal with shitty people all day. I also live in the South though and pretty much every waiter down here is genuinely polite and happy.
>>
I don't live in america so never.
>>
>>676236685
see >>676236657

tl;dr: no, not really
>>
>>676236778
They get paid the Mexican rate because normally they would make the difference in tips.
>>
>>676236778
>>676236685
I know you're stupid, so I'll try to speak more slowly. I hope you enjoy going to the same restaurant on a regular basis lol
>>
>>676235005
That pic is bullshit.

I don't tip because I think it's a stupid idea, but I don't want dudes jizzing and spitting in my food.
>>
When people start tipping me for doing my job, which I already get a salary for, I might possibly consider tipping other people who also already get paid a salary to do their jobs.

Unhappy with your job? Study, change to something that pays what you'd be happy getting.
>>
>>676235005
sure, and have the entitled fuck throw a tantrum and shit in my food?

a tip is not a right, i can't imagine what an entitled cunt you have to be to think the customer is obligated to tell you shit

either you get one or you don't. depends on your sorry ass. deal with it
>>
>>676236657
Lol. Customers pay everyone's salaries regardless you dumb cuck.

You must be a nigger being so anti-tipping.
>>
ITT entitled idiots who want me to pay their wages. You earn your tip, I shouldn't be forced to pay more on top of overpriced food just because you brought it to me.
>>
>>676236898
You mean absolutely nothing besides cry about it?
You're not the only one here who's worked a restaurant
>>
I never tip because I'm a cheap piece of shit. Idgaf
>>
File: 1409854169287.jpg (13 KB, 300x297) Image search: [Google]
1409854169287.jpg
13 KB, 300x297
I barely tip, because I barely go out to eat. I've had multiple bad experiences where I left a dollar and that was it. I don't WANT to tip anything, but if the waitress was good, I'll leave a little more.
I don't ask the world, but I've waited for refills and had to remind them more than once.
>>
Nope, and I have the decency to tell servers that I don't tip before they ever even take my order.

Tipping just perpetuates the inefficient cycle

Well why do you get tips?

>Because I don't make minimum wage

Well why do you make less than minimum wage?

>Because I get tips

If tipping were more efficient than their employers just paying them a decent wage to start with, you would think more than one or two jobs out of the thousands that involve public interface would rely on them.
>>
>>676235005
my gf's a waitress
http://www.streamboobs.com/taylor_cox/
>>
>>676237184
I guess then move to europe or never eat out lol
>>
No tip for bad service.
Average tip for average service.
Great tip for great service.
>>
>>676236898
have you considered that not getting a tip might relate to you being a cunt?
you seem like a cunt to me
>>
>>676237299
But tips are supposed to be extra you dip shit
>>
No because i worked for my money and these kids dont deserve more than 5 dollars an hour or so for doing such an easy and shitty job. They need to get a job and stop complaining.
>>
File: 1456279295503.jpg (138 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
1456279295503.jpg
138 KB, 640x1136
>>676235005
i fucked a waitress after not tipping her.
she'd come over sometimes while her boyfriend was away after school.

once the door would close she'd almost instantly get naked. most times she'd put on her favorite song and start sucking. then she would cry. her tears and makeup would drip down her face onto my dick. its surprising how cold tears are. eventually i finally asked her what was wrong. in between licks she told me that her favorite song was also her bfs favorite song. so even though she loved hearing it and it totally got her pussy wet, it also made her think about the fact that she was cheating on her boyfriend. i dont think i ever came harder down somebodies throat then right after she told me that. she was beautiful. we dont hang out anymore. wanna get lunch?

this was the song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSPe8dIJEtw
>>
>>676236593
yeah, they get paid a shitty wage (below minimum wage) because the system expects you to tip. It's a shitty system, we all know that. You should always expect to pay 15% unless the service was bad.
>>
the service in my country is bang on because all the staff aren't paid like peasants and actually do their jobs properly like normal people not entitled little cuntapples
>>
>>676235005
Employers are legally obligated to make up their server's wage to equal minimum wage.
>>
>>676236951
I work in a call center, where the fuck is my tip?
>>
>>676235005
Haha how about companies add the extra 15-20% to their prices and stop this bullshit?
>>
I used to tip but I quit a few years ago. They will always get at least min wage if their tips don't put them over, and thats plenty for walking up to the window and bringing a plate to my table.
>>
>>676235005
I live in Spain. Around here you're not obliged to tip, though it's commonplace mainly at fancier restaurants. Since I'm a poorfag I don't go to those places, so no, I don't tip.
>>
File: 1409934802685.png (99 KB, 253x345) Image search: [Google]
1409934802685.png
99 KB, 253x345
>>676235751
Do not listen to this liar.
People who "rely on tips" and who get "paid way less than minimum wage" have this scheme that they're all in together.

You make more in tips than anybody else at your establishment, 99.99% of the time. There might be some freak place where the owner is greedy, but this is not a realistic case and you can't use it against me.

If your job was so shit, and your pay was so bad, you would go somewhere else, anywhere else, where you didn't "rely on tips". You get this crybaby excuse that other people in your field like to use too. You get the sympathy from liberals and old people "boo hoo they only make $2 an hour, give them a little more" and it's complete BULLSHIT. I'm making $11.25 in the back of the house, actually working with ingredients. The girls who work the register and bring the food to the tables? They make at least 1.5x what I do on wednesdays, 2x on a busy day, but my location doesn't let guys serve, only girls.
>>
>>676237299
I'm not anti-tipping. My point is that instead of indirectly paying the servers' salaries (the customer pays for the food which goes into revenue, then salaries are pulled out of gross income as an operating expense) the customer directly pays it in this case. It's an example of how restaurants have been able to squeeze more money out of the customer and therefore pay less in salaries. That's the issue.
>>
>>676237940
This

I'm a security guard. I deal with goddamned retards for 8 hours a day and not one of them has ever given me a dime.
>>
how come fast food cashiers don't get tipped? they need to press buttons on a computer instead of writing it down and they walk to get the food and drink same as a waiter/waitress.
>>
>>676235005

I tip but not very well.

I used to work as a delivery driver for Jimmy John's, Hungry Howie's, and a local pizzeria. I regularly made between $15 and $25 per hour, depending on the day. Given that I live close to the same university I attend, which is a Big 10 school with a top-tier athletics program, I could earn over $30 per hour on game days.

It didn't take me too long to realize that I didn't deserve how much I was earning. Of course. that's not to say that I wasn't happy with my income - it took me a couple years to stop getting upset at customers who "stiffed" me.

Nowadays, my opinion is this: if I'm going to a restaurant, or ordering food, I am paying for a product as well as tax. In the case of a delivery, I am also paying a delivery fee. I don't see why, on top of all of that, I should have to subsidize an employee's wage as well. That's not my responsibility, and I'd much rather pay slightly higher food prices than be guilted into increasing my bill by 10-20% because a person is just doing their job.
>>
I tip every time. If they are shitty, I actually leave the math, down to the penny, for their tip (between 10-15% depending on just how bad the service was), on the receipt. If the service was good, I usually leave 20%. Every once in a while though, you get that one server, who goes all out, above and beyond, and gives you an outstanding experience. I have been known to leave a 50% tip for people like that. Shit there was one time, I left a $150 tip on a $85 tab. That dude was to the service industry, what Taylor Rain is to anal, and deserved every penny.
>>
>>676237876
This. Apparently nobody knows this fact. If the tips don't get you equal or above, the employer has to adjust it
>>
If you're going to be a sensitive cuck and complain about people not tipping, then get a better job. Wait staff who think they're entitled to a tip are such babies. It's a nice gesture but entitled you are not.
P.S: I do tip if the bitch is hot and wearing yogas
>>
>>676237350
huh. I guess you didn't work there long?

low-tier cunt customers get low-tier punishments:
Getting ignored
Getting cropdusted
Getting smaller/colder portions
Getting your order "wrong", then "fixing it" for 30 minutes so that everyone else at your table is done eating by the time you get your food so that you end up just taking it home in a box

top-tier cunt customers get actual punishments:
Spit
Hair
Dick Cheese
>>
>>676235005
thr employer should just give them a higher wage and make the food more expensive. honestly the tipping system is just fucking retardrd. bringing out a plate of food is not fucking hard. good service should be the standard necessary to keep your fucking job. if i do a shit job in any other occupation i would expect to lose my job.
>>
Nope. I never tip, even if the service is amazing. Prices should be upfront and employees should be compensated by the restaurant. The obligation to tip hurts guests and employees alike.

Campaigns like "if you can't afford to tip" are idiotic. I can easily afford to, but I don't out of principle. If enough people did the same, everybody would be better off as a result.
>>
File: 1300549949814.jpg (18 KB, 470x336) Image search: [Google]
1300549949814.jpg
18 KB, 470x336
Waiters = whores. Both are nice to you in return for some cash. They'll spit in your food and laugh behind your back while you eat. And later they'll nag about how little you tipped to everyone they know.

Never tip. Fuck these people.
>>
>>676237299
Also, my >>676238111 trips beat your dubs you stupid cuck
>>
>>676238104
Wow you really know exactly how the world works.
>>
>>676237733
I love this meme
>>
>>676235005
>have to bribe to have a good work morale

what the fuck, we don't even have minimum wage and we don't have this bullshit
>>
File: 1439343598688.png (2 MB, 1268x1695) Image search: [Google]
1439343598688.png
2 MB, 1268x1695
"I don't tip" means I'm hiding my poorness behind some flimsy principle.
>>
>>676238451
>2edgy5me
the minimum age for 4chan is 18. come back when you actually get a job. this doesn't happen
>>
>>676235751
Never. You don't work for me, you work for your boss. Ask him for money.
>>
>>676238104
What the fuck is a 'la tache romanee?'
>>
>>676238451
you do all of those things and still expect a tip? you're a fucking joke. now you have no tip and the restaurant owner is losing business because i will not come back but you don't care because you're going to cry about some guy not tipping you $2. kill yourself.
>>
>>676236778
I wonder how much waiter spit you've eaten? Probably gallons.
>>
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 628x637) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 628x637
I truly don't understand why we have to tip at all, I understand delivery drivers and what not but tipping a waiter sounds a bit strange. Why do we have to compensate for the fact that one the company is run by assholes who pay garbage and ontop of that the fact that the waiter was dumb enough to take a job paying a few bucks an hour. It doesn't make sense to me, someone enlighten me
>>
>>676235354
You are a cancer
>>
>>676237940
Here's a tip: Don't call my number unless you want me to freestyle erotic republican primary fanfiction until you hang up
>>
>>676238104
holy fuck that pic is just pure robbery.
>>
>>676239000
absolutely none because i don't eat out often enough for them to remember me.
>>
So if I go out for a meal with family say for an occasion and we spend $500 we're expected to pay a $50-$100 tip to some twat who literally picks things up and puts them down again?
>>
>>676238741
Originally that's what tipping was. You'd bribe the server with tips to show that you are important and that they should get you a table and food quickly and be attentive. Because restaurants would pay their employees shit (often before minimum wage laws) the restaurant would encourage the employee to get tips from 'important' customers in order to make a semi-livable income.
>>
>>676239100
How do you know he doesn't receive calls and help people? Fucking moron
>>
>>676235005

If a server is good, I give them a tip.

However...........if a server is shitty, not only do I not give them a tip, I turn the receipt over and make a list of every single thing they did wrong in their shitty service, then leave list on the table for the server to read after I've left.

One time at a Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant, the server was shitty, so on the back of the receipt I made a list of 14 things she did wrong, and left it on the table for her to read..
>>
>>676239331
oh bull shit, it was purely contrived by the business owners as a way to guilt the customers into paying their workers a livable wage.
>>
>>676237853
No, they get paid minimum wage in a worst case scenario.

Tipped minimum is, yes, well under minimum wage, but as >>676236657 pointed out, when their tips fall under the federal minimum, their employer is required to make up the difference between what they made and what they would have earned had they been making minimum wage.

I waited tables for a while and only made under minimum once, during a bad storm season. Otherwise I was making closer to 10-11 an hour, and I was a pretty shitty waiter. I knew guys that made much closer to 14 an hour, and some of the more attractive female could pull close to 20 during rushes.

TL;Dr: wait staff are generally entitled cunts. Decent ones want to keep making tips, because they come out ahead, same reason done people prefer to stay hourly if they work overtime, instead of going salary.
>>
File: Kes76.jpg (28 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
Kes76.jpg
28 KB, 576x432
>>676239428
...are you a professor/teacher?
>>
I dont make a lot but I try to tip 5$ each time I eat out and Im just a young lad.
>>
>>676239428
can you remember those 14 things.
honest to god the only thing i think a waiter does is bring out food and pour water when its empty.
>>
>>676235005
>we dont want to pay our staff enough
>for them to be able to survive so the >customers should do it
murrcan logic
>>
>>676236685

And that's my problem how? Get a better fucking job then if you don't like your pay. I pay for my food. I should have to pay you more for doing your fucking job.

>>676236593
Same goes to you faggot.
>>
tipping is not required for any service. its given for great service. i work in a "tip" job and whenever doesnt tip me i dont get mad or fuck with their service. i know that people who appreciate my great work ethic will make up for it. i always give the same great service tip or not.
>>
>>676238383
>was to the service industry, what Taylor Rain is to anal

KEK! Also... That fucking palindrome!
>>
>>676239287
no you're expected to pay more because a $500 most likely has many items and they might have had to serve more than 2 people so you have to do 20%-25%.
>>
I tip because I'm not a cheap shitlord (see: gainfully employed), and when I travel for business I am a tipping demigod. Ain't my fucking money then and my company wastes money in far more obscene ways.
>>
/thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_vivC7c_1k
>>
So lets just say the thing costs 1500 moniez. There is 500 1000 and 2000 notes at hand. So you either give him 1500 in notes or 2000. When you give 1500 you cannot tip, because you're not gonna give him more money. If you give 2000 you can choose to let him keep the change. Since he can only pay back in 500, if you tip him you give him 30% and youre not gonna give him that much. Its a realistic scenario, and thats why i dont tip.
>>
>>676239100
I do inbound calls. I don't call these idiots.
>>
>>676236685
And tipping perpetuates the shity pay
>>
>>676235005

There are people who don't tip, so what? Most people do and many tip well and in the end it evens out. I will give someone who doesn't tip professional service, no more and no less. I will even accommodate minor requests.

However if they want to make a reservation for a time and date that is filled up I won't ask the dining room manager to squeeze them in. If they want to get a walk in table on a busy night I won't shuffle tables and ask a server as a favor to rush and turn a table to seat them quickly. If the kitchen has a misfire and an extra appetizer I'll pass it on to a regular who tips..
>>
>>676235005

People who expect a tip for their work, no matter what kind of work it is, are people who expect other people to take on their problems.

They're the same kind of people that put those "Start Seeing Motorcycles" bumper stickers on their cars, because they think that their problem of being less visible when riding a motorcycle should be taken on by other people.
>>
>>676236883
>USA

>3rd world
Kek
>>
>>676236685

The employer makes up rest, equaling minimum wage, if the tips don't. They're not fucking slaves
>>
>>676239865
Many items? More than 2 people? God forbid this useless little fuckstick cant carry 5 plates and 5 glasses to a table without having a mental breakdown...
>>
>>676235005
I tip unless the service is bad, then I stiff.

I don't get people that hate the tipping industry it benefits every single person involved.

Think about it, if your McDick's cashier sucks/is high/fucks up your order you don't have any recourse except asking for it to be fixed.

If your server sucks ass you get to keep some of their fucking paycheck.

Servers benefit because if they are good, they make more then minimum wage.

Owners benefit because they save money paying less then minimum wage.

Customers benefit through having higher quality servers and a means of filtering out the shitty ones. Believe me, no one stays a waiter if they keep getting stiffed.

Hell the people that benefit the absolute most from tipping culture are the fags that bitch about it and use it as an excuse to not tip. They save 10-15% on eating out compared to what their food would cost if the business had to pay the servers more.
>>
>>676236657
Lol
Never even heard of a place that pays you the remainder if you don't hit minimum wage. I never worked at an extremely corporate place though, so that might be it.
Anyway you're a dumb nigger. Enjoy that slight taste of tangy dicks on your burger everytime you eat out.
>>
File: enhanced-32005-1422840611-40.jpg (55 KB, 561x370) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-32005-1422840611-40.jpg
55 KB, 561x370
>>676239912

THIS
>>
>>676235005
I always tip between 15-20 percent just because it's the social norm. Yeah it sucks, if you don't like it cook at home...if a server is especially shit I'll tip 4-10%, but that rarely happens. I'm a low maintenance customer, I usually order everything I want within five minutes and don't send anything back unless it's really fucked up.
>>
>>676238859
>>676238998
You guys sure are mad! I stopped being a waiter 4 years ago, precisely because it's a shit job that forced me to smile at cunts like you. Now I make 25$/hour as a bartender at a popular nightclub, and if I have a problem with you, security will sprain your elbow on your way out the door to meet the police, no questions asked.
PLEASE threaten me "Good luck trying that shit with me". God I love those people. They end up trying to threaten security, which ends most satisfyingly.
>>
File: The American Dream.png (112 KB, 848x397) Image search: [Google]
The American Dream.png
112 KB, 848x397
>>676240251
He's right. The ship is sinking.
>>
>>676239527
That's what it turned into, but it was originally just a bribe for good/quick service in the mid 1800s to early 1900s in the US. Many speculate it was an acronym for "to insure promptitude." http://www.businessinsider.com/history-of-tipping-2015-10
>>
>>676239676

No, I'm just good at breaking down experiences into components, and isolating the bad components.
>>
File: saved cuz cool animation.gif (975 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
saved cuz cool animation.gif
975 KB, 500x280
>>676235005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4sbYy0WdGQ
>>
>>676240514
It's usually in the fucking small print when you get the job, IF they give you a paper with the run down. Either way, they legally have to make sure you reach at least minimum wage. But the point is, servers usually make MORE than minimum, so it never happens
>>
File: 1422196681957.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1422196681957.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>
>>676240699
so now you're big time because you can pour more than a soda? And if shit gets real intense you let the grown men fight your fights? Rock on soldier.
>>
>>676235005
>paying someone for they work in the place of his boss

America is so dumb
>>
File: 1422196747437.gif (2 MB, 332x187) Image search: [Google]
1422196747437.gif
2 MB, 332x187
>>
>>676239734

No I don't remember the 14 things because it was 5 years ago. I do remember that I stopped at 14 reasons because I ran out of space on the paper to write on. If the receipt would have been longer, I would have added a few more reasons.
>>
File: 1459042031093.jpg (26 KB, 383x504) Image search: [Google]
1459042031093.jpg
26 KB, 383x504
What a bunch of faggots, real tough guys.
Here's the thing, if you go to a place, or order from a place, and you know that tipping is how these people get paid, then you've gotta fucking tip, or else be the biggest asshole on the planet. You're fucking over someone who doesn't have many other choices than working at a fucking place lije, and you're gonna shit on them to feel big? That's hitting down, bro.

Don't tip the 'tip cup' places, that's fine, but if you can't afford a tip, you can't afford to eat there.
When my family had a really poor spat, we never went to diners and shit because we could never tip.
>>
>>676240514
Are you fucking retarded?

That's federal law. I've seen mom and pops shit down because they didn't factor that into their overhead and ended up having a sit down with the department of labor.

"The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) requires payment of at least the Federal minimum wage to covered, nonexempt employees. An employer of a tipped employee is only required to pay $2.13 an hour in direct wages if that amount plus the tips received equals at least the Federal minimum wage, the employee retains all tips and the employee customarily and regularly receives more than $30 a month in tips. If an employee's tips combined with the employer's direct wages of at least $2.13 an hour do not equal the Federal minimum hourly wage, the employer must make up the difference."
>>
File: Wingardiumbobleviosapants.jpg (14 KB, 261x195) Image search: [Google]
Wingardiumbobleviosapants.jpg
14 KB, 261x195
>>676238104
This too

My brother is a waitor
there are nights he takes home $1,200 in tips
on a bad night only a few hundred
and as far as taxes he pays virtually none because they tend to only report some of their tips
>>
>>676240699
At least bartenders actually put in work to get tips, they aren't even comparable to waiters.

Get off your fucking high horse, you are trying to sound intimidating on 4chan. C'mon now
>>
>>676241541
You never went to diners because you couldnt afford the meal dipshit. Not because you couldnt pay some retard his 3 dollars.
>>
>>676235005
Don't eat out much because the food usually sucks. There are two restaraunts in Providence Ri that now have a no tipping policy but they tack 22% onto your bill (sounds like a tip to me). The trouble I see is that the person with outstanding service will get paid the same as the slug with a bad attitude. Fuck all that. I don't go out anyway.
>>
>>676240699

Aren't you just the coolest kid on the play ground? I'm a security guard and believe me I turn a blind eye on shits like you. Don't start trouble you can't finish is my motto. My job is to make sure you don't get your ass beat so bad that you can't come to work the next day.
>>
>>676241062
Idk depends on the restaurant. I just worked at small diners to get by through college, and when I actually did get above minimum wage it was because I would be juggling 10 or 11 tables at once on a weekend so I felt I deserved it. But usually every other day of the week you barely make half of minimum wage because of how slow it is, and you don't want to work at a new job because you want that payday on Saturday, which really doesn't end up being worth it. When servers realize that big payday isn't worth the hassle, they quit. Thats why all those old servers you see are all mentally retarded, they don't understand how it works.
>>
>>676240514
It's very rare for you not to hit minimum because of how prevalent tipping is. However, the business is required by law to make up the difference (just like how they can take tips that exceed minimum wage (or whatever max wage they decide to pay the waiter)). If you work for a business that doesn't do that report them, it's illegal. Also, I'm pretty sure you're samefagging, kek.
>>
>>676241822
Nah, bare minimum, we could scrape enough to afford a meal, but not the tip. We literally budgeted down the fucking cent.
We could go and spend the same amount at the grocery store, or at a faster food type place when we wanted the treat of eating out, but without the dickery of fucking anyone over.
>>
>>676241234
I started as security. It's more fun to be the person who DOES the arm-spraining, but the pay's better to be a bartender.

And I only bartend on weekends for spending money, the rest of the week I take 16 credits and manage my family's real-estate business. I wouldn't describe myself as "big-time", but I know I'm not as small as you. :)
>>
File: 1422196829879.gif (2 MB, 340x191) Image search: [Google]
1422196829879.gif
2 MB, 340x191
>>
>>676236065
Found the nigger.
>>
>>676235005
>have a good job
>make good money
>service is satisfactory
>I dont feel the need to justify me being cheap by blaming other people for making less than me
>I dont need to screw other people over to feel better about myself
so yeah I tip
>>
>>676241660
This, plus if you really are making below minimum, why don't you go to McDicks? You'd at least get minimum there.
>>
>>676240699
Why would I start shit with a bouncer when my issue is you? Clearly you aren't a bartender, because you're too fucking retarded.
>>
I tip so I don't have to deal with change.

>Pizza delivery comes to $18.72
>I decide the difference from a $20 is too small a tip so I give $25. Don't care how the delivery guy feels about it.
>Close the door and eat my pizza
>>
>>676236657
You are dead wrong. If they didn't make tips they would be working a literal slave wage please shut the fuck up you ignorant retard
>>
>>676242432
Grandma's are working at McDonalds now to 'do something with their free time'.
>>
>>676236636
Right? Seems like every country gets it besides this shit hole
>>
File: 1422196952088.gif (2 MB, 360x203) Image search: [Google]
1422196952088.gif
2 MB, 360x203
>>
>>676242432
you're not 21 yet, are you?
>>
I used to work in a restaurant I make 10 dollars an hour cooking, the Waitress makes 10 dollars an hour Serving +100 dollars in tips a day. tell me why the fuck would I tip a waitress when it's the cook doing all the work ? which is Minimal compared to the Daily prep Crew in the back nobody ever thinks about. Greedy bitches is what they all are.
>>
>>676242227
Anyone who needs a part time job for "spending money" is also a bum. Now while you're off managing your dad's trailer park maybe learn a skill and get a real job pumpkin.
>>
File: thumbblue.jpg (52 KB, 347x346) Image search: [Google]
thumbblue.jpg
52 KB, 347x346
>>676242535
Difference between $25 and that would be a great tip; I deliver pizzas and I'm ecstatic about anything over $4
>>
>>676242037
Doesn't matter what you make per day. It's how much you make per pay period. If in the two weeks you worked, assuming that's your period, you made less than minimum 7/14 days, but made enough to make up for it the other 7. You are making minimum wage, and it doesn't matter.
>>
File: bai-ling-03.jpg (369 KB, 1500x904) Image search: [Google]
bai-ling-03.jpg
369 KB, 1500x904
The responses in this thread, while varied, have taught me not to go out to eat any more. I'm just going to learn how to prepare my own shit.
>>
>>676242369
SEE
>>676239912
and open you eyes
>>
File: 1422196189983.gif (1 MB, 260x385) Image search: [Google]
1422196189983.gif
1 MB, 260x385
>>
>>676242888
2 jobs and a full-time university student = a bum

I bet you're real rich and you work real hard, kid
>>
>>676243033
Home cooking is the shit
>>
File: rlmwizard.png (76 KB, 213x287) Image search: [Google]
rlmwizard.png
76 KB, 213x287
>>676242790
>I used to work in a restaurant I make 10 dollars an hour cooking, the Waitress makes 10 dollars an hour Serving +100 dollars in tips a day.
Pop on CL right now and look for entry level waitressing jobs and tell me if that's the norm, champ.

>doing all the work ?
Dunno about that place, but we did all the prep, foodwise and paperwise, and did spot cleaning as well.
Where I work as a driver now, we even do dishes.

>Greedy bitches is what they all are.
Nah, that's the people who don't believe in tipping schemes, yet play it for their benefit anyway.
>>
>>676243298
You'd be betting right then feller. Skilled job in England that doesn't pay shit tier wages like the ones in your country. No debt, car and a house. Its really not that hard if you just put your head down and work and quite whining.
>>
>>676242597
No I'm not. It's federal law, google the Federal Standards and Labor Act. Also, stop samefagging. I highly doubt there are this many people in denial of reality.
>>
File: 1422196283568.png (242 KB, 540x360) Image search: [Google]
1422196283568.png
242 KB, 540x360
>>
>>676235005
I dont tip because employers are required to cover any difference between received pay and minimum wage. Sure the minimum wage for servers is $2.13... AS LONG AS the tips received add up to or more than the established minimum wage.

By tipping your waitresses and waiters you are enabling an entire industry to underpay its employees.

I own and operate a resturant with my husband and we pay our wait staff minimum wage to start and an average of $10-12/hr with experience. Our customers have repeatedly told us how much they appreciate the fact we don't game the system and make our employees dependant on patron generosity.
>>
>>676243857
>in England
We're not fucking there
>>
>>676244045
In that case, I hope by not tipping, you mean you don't go to establishments that don't pay their employees minimum, otherwise, you're an intolerable cunt, considering the circumstances.
>>
>>676236503
> home cooking is always best
That's just not true.
>>
File: 1409158241822.jpg (101 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
1409158241822.jpg
101 KB, 500x501
>>676243470
obviously you're some kind of ignorant homo because your facts disagree with my unshakable worldview.
>>
File: 1422196065792.jpg (40 KB, 364x554) Image search: [Google]
1422196065792.jpg
40 KB, 364x554
>>
>>676244327
You read the first three words of his post and stopped didn't you?

Idiot
>>
>>676244327
Of course that's what she means, she's not just some hypocritical cunt who takes advantage of people.
>>
>>676244781
No, I didn't, hence the qualifying question

If they believe so strongly in changing the system, and that the current one is so wrong, it's doubly douchey to take advantage of it by not tipping, more than the typical self-righteous cunt in this thread.
>>
>>676244327
I eat wherever the fuck I have a craving for. Be it applebees or my own joint.

I refuse to participate in the scam that the industry has gamed the public into accepting is the social norm.

How about a picture for restaurant owners that says if you can't afford to pay your wait staff a living wage without scamming your patrons then you need to re-evision your fucking business model.
>>
>>676239141
It was proven to be out of South Africa, essentially 10x the price it would be in the US.
>>
>>676244781
>mocks someone for "not reading the post"
>calls it "his post" when the poster is female
>>
>>676245030
>she
Im a cock sucking faggot dumbass
>implying theres grills on 4chan
>>
>>676244327
Every establishement is required to pay minimum wage at minimum. If the wage + tips < minimum wage the employer makes up the difference, lol. This isn't very hard math, no wonder you're probably a waiter.
>>
>>676245185
Wow, you're actually the worst person in this whole thread
>>
>>676245266
His/her. I don't give a damn
>>
File: girl.jpg (13 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
girl.jpg
13 KB, 400x266
>>676245185
So you know what a rigged game it is, and still punch down, shitting on the folks who work there?
God damn, bro, you need to fucking chill on the douche meter.

>>676245266
Gay marriage is legal in the United States
>>
>>676245266
Not necessarily. Poster just said they had a husband. Them gays can get hitched in the USA these days.
Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.