[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How good/hard is it to live alone /b/? I'm 18, still in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: alone.jpg (14 KB, 490x370) Image search: [Google]
alone.jpg
14 KB, 490x370
How good/hard is it to live alone /b/?

I'm 18, still in high school. My dad is going to jail for threatening to kill my mom, and mom is gonna move far away which is what the police are recommending. My aunt can give me what she cooks and food isn't a problem. Not that I know of.
What are the biggest problems I'll face? Lack of money? Loneliness?
>>
>>675969826
Does she really have to move?
I mean at least while your dad is in jail, or can he send someone else to carry on the threat?
>>
>>675969826

Everyones different and it depends on how you are and upbringing.

I like living by myself. I do what I want when i want. I need time to myself otherwise I can become a bit of a dick.
Saying that though I do get a bit lonely, seeing friends or going out helps though. If i got a gf i'd let her move in though.

Money is the biggest problem. Paying for everything yourself can be a drain. Living with some one literally halves most of your costs. Just budget well and you'll be right. Plenty of people live by themselves
>>
>>675969826
yeah, having your own space, answering to no-one, nobody touching or moving your stuff, watching what you want, when you want, and a revolving door of sloots. Yeah, it's terrible...
>>
>>675969826
As long as you got money problem sorted out, there's nothing bad about it.
>>
Welcome to the real life.
You will have to hustle so damn hard for every fucking penny you will even forget what lonlyness is also you will grow up much faster then a "rich neet" in your age.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eUpf4f8LEU

TIME TO END THIS SUFFERING I NEED A MINUTE TO MYSELF
>>
>>675969826
i enjoy every fucking moment of it.
been about a year and 3 months, i'm 19 now.
>>
File: image.jpg (215 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
215 KB, 960x720
Solitude is GREAT
Loneliness is AWFUL
>>
>>675970122
Dad is a well known person with lots of connections. I don't blame her for wanting to get as far away as possible.

>>675970244
>>675970346
I'm not even sure where I'll get any money from. I can't get a job while in school since legal reasons, dad is retired and receives money per month, but no idea if he can pick that up in jail or give custody of it to me. Mom quit her job so that's no help.

>>675970606
How do you handle the money problems?
>>
>>675970511
I'm not in any rush to grow up tbh.
It's just going to be a hassle being alone all the time.
>>
>>675970293
>>675970691
Thing is, I'd gladly invite some friends over to stay for a couple of days, or even if i had a gf ask her to live with me while being alone. But no real friends I'll ever be able to tell this to.
>>
>>675971173

Trust me not having money for the upcoming week for food is much harder then not having friends or beeing "alone"
>>
>>675971417
Food is taken care of, I hope.
We have 9 hens who lay around 7 eggs per day so I'll just eat eggs every day if I have to until I can no longer feed them.
My aunt and uncle will hopefully help since they're next door and can bring me their lunch sometimes.
I'm worried about bills, how am I going to pay all the bills. I cannot see myself without water or electricity.
>>
>>675969826
I moved out at 19 for uni. It's fun the first couple of months. You can masturbate whenever you want, go out for a walk in the middle of the night without telling anyone.
You throw the trash, you do the laundry, you cook, you feel kinda proud. Then that shit starts getting really boring. You miss having your parents take care of all that shit for you. You don't eat when you're hungry, you wait until you're really hungry. You prolong taking out the trash, you hate having to go down like 3 times to do the laundry room to clean and dry your clothes. You have to go shopping every 2-3 days for food.

Now if you're disciplined (which i'm not really) then you can get by with this. Now comes the next problem. Loneliness. If you're not a social autist like me and you hang out every other night, maybe bring home a girl sometimes then you can ignore this. But if you're a friendless loser like me then you have to consider this. I used to think of myself as an introverted guy, and maybe i still am. But there's something about the fact when you come home from exams or something, and you realise you're gonna spend the next week completely alone. No social contact, no obligations, just you in your cold dark apartment with your food and your computer. It gets really boring after a couple of months especially when you have so much free time when you're in university. Also your thoughts really change when you spend so much time without talking to people. You get more cynical and bitter, you go to sleep feeling depressed. You miss waking up and having breakfast with your family.

Anyway so what i've come to understand is nobody can handle loneliness, or atleast not me. So that's a big part of the reason why i moved back home. Again if you have a social life then you don't really have to worry about this. I'm 20 years old and i like living with my mom again. I feel like such a loser for saying that but i don't care.
>>
>>675971983
i hope so cause i know the other way.its when your alone on your ride.and you got ZERO help.but in your case there are some people who take care.

>I'm worried about bills, how am I going to pay all the bills

BILLIONS of people asking themselve this question everyday after they wake up.

Its your turn are you a real worker or do you go the crime way
>>
>>675970691
i second this.
I find life amazing when i want some solitarity. but it's awful when i want to be around people and no one is there..
>>
>>675972545
This, I neeted back in with my mother a while back, just waiting for her to move to a diff country and enjoy her retirement so I can be a criminal without it affecting my family.
>>
Another problem is when you're sick. You pretty much need to take care of yourself alone and that sucks, especially when you have a hard time even getting out of bed (like me now).
>>
File: image.jpg (123 KB, 1080x1349) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123 KB, 1080x1349
I'm 30 and moved countries at 18 with my girlfriend. We worked in a kids holiday camp with food and a flat etc included, so it was easy to save money.

When we moved out, we both found jobs BEFORE we found a place to stay in a new town and had enough for the rent, deposit, utilities etc. before we moved. Do not make the move until you're sure you can pay bills son, you need a job first and foremost and even the shittiest job pays the bills. You can always leave in a few months for something better.

If I was by myself I'd have struggled more so maybe finding someone to split bills with isn't a bad idea, gf or roommate or something. It's easy after a month once you get the hang of things.
>>
>>675973011
Was it a 3rd world country? What happened afterwards gramps?
>>
>>675972375
Thanks for sharing this with us anon.
I am not that much of a social person, as is to be expected (hell why would I be here asking 4chan for advice if I had some good friends). I had 1 girl (friend) who listened to all my problems, and I hers but I fucked her over multiple times so I don't really deserve anyone to talk to.
Good thing is I won't be spending the entire week alone, I have school every day. No idea if that will help, but I'm sorta friends with everyone so at least I'll have some social interaction.

Well at least you always had the option of moving back with your parents, mom won't tell me specifics on where she's going and not like I can move in with dad kek

>>675972880
>>675972545
I don't see myself going the crime way, it's the easiest way as far as I know but just not my style.
But hell, if I become desperate I'll do anything.
>>
>>675972986
Hopefully I'll care enough about me to help myself if I get sick. No idea what I'll do if I ever succumb to depression and lifelessness
>>
>>675969826
Not hard at all dude. I loved when oover out. All the arguments and bullshit was over. I had peacr and quiet for the first time. Nobody up my asshole all day. All I had to do was get up on time for work, make money, pay bills on time.
>>
>>675973585

Dude, there is plenty of support for students/minors living without parents.

My best advice would be to look up your local youth help center or whatever its called and go in and speak to someone there.

Living by yourself while in school/being young you can definitely get some kind of youth allowance per fortnight. Also I'm pretty sure if your parents relationship is... well fucked, there is some kind of child support payments from you Dad you could receive.

Best of luck
>>
>>675973011
I'd kill for someone to be with me right now. But hell if I do find a gf right now, I can't just spring on her how my parents left me, that I'm a lonelyfag and want her to be with me after only a short time when we start dating.
A roommate would be easier, hell this house is huge and I can see multiple people living here. But that would require trusting them, I don't think I'll be able to live with some stranger(s) due to serious trust issues.
And I'd honestly like to have any job, but my country does not allow you to have a job while in highschool, not a legal one at least.
>>
>>675973760
Don't you ever get lonely anon?

>>675974130
You think so? I could talk to them, but I honestly doubt I'll get anything from them, maybe some supplies at best. Which is still something nontheless.
My dad will continue to receive his retirement money from what I know and he has no use for money in jail, not that I know of. Not sure how the legal thing works, but maybe he could allow me to manage it since it'll go to waste if I don't. But I can't rely on that. Or anybody really.
>>
>>675969826
Get through high school first, that's critical. After that, you might want to consider a military stint to gain some college money and life experience. Air Force is pretty chill, Navy has the best tech careers, Army and Marines will get you dirty and send you in harms way, but you come back a badass.

Barring that, you could become an OTR trucker and travel the country for three months at a stretch.
>>
>>675974816

Seriously do it though please. It actually is your best bet at getting some money.

Not sure where your from, but in my country we are entitled to 'youth allowance' which basically you receive enough money for food etc if you are underage living with no guardians.

A simple google search will tell you this. Just give it a google, but I honestly think you should go into one of those centers. They are a great help and know all the legal stuff about your parents situations and what you are entitled to.
>>
I like being alone and always preferred it but on some days it sure is weird
being in this fuckhuge house waking up an going to bed all alone with nobody around at all
the whole house except one room is dark because you're in the living room on your own
no noises from upstairs or anybody using the kitchen
no nothing
>>
>>675975440
I thought about going to the military academy (college) thing. You basically have 2 paths in our military, you can join the foot soldiers after high school and become a normal soldier for the rest of your life until you retire with around a 1k $ paycheck which is something I can live with. Or you can go to the academy (college) for 4 years and have both the regular part of college (studying and shit) and the physical things for a military. After you finish that you become a soldier with a rank, where you can choose if you want to rank up further or not.
Oh and the academy is basically free if you get in it (but like I said since my dad has a lot of connections he can get me in if he wants to) so I would really like to go there.

>>675975596
I'm not underage though anon, I am not entitled to any of that. I am capable of living alone, no?
But yeah, I'll google all of that, maybe I still am entitled to something while in school. Thanks anon
>>
>>675972375
Yeah, I can relate. I slowly turned into a huge alcoholic bit by bit as loneliness seemed to be more and more of a permanent affair. Now I'm happily married and tend to get nostalgic over the idea of a whole week of drinking and cranking one off whenever.

As the other anon said solitude is golden, loneliness is misery
>>
>>675976569

I was under the impression you were underage, sorry about that. my bad.

I hope it goes ok for you man
>>
>>675974130
>there is plenty of support for students/minors living without parents.
What country? Is this an issue in the US?

Back when I went to school this would be child abandonment.

>fuck off
>>
>>675976870
Well, turned 18 this year so barely dodged that.
Though, if I were actually underage I think I would've been either placed in a home until I turn 18 or would be forced to live with some relatives.

>>675976596
Does alcohol help anon? What about some drugs like weed?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.