[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys i'm in a weird place. I love being an electrician but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: 3769-p.jpg (2 MB, 1928x2308) Image search: [Google]
3769-p.jpg
2 MB, 1928x2308
Guys i'm in a weird place. I love being an electrician but I just can't keep my balance at the top of a step ladder. I'm not afraid of heights so I didn't think being on a ladder would be a problem at all. But now that I've finally started working as an apprentice I realize that I can't do it. Four fucking years of trying to become an electrician only to find out that the main part of the job is something I cannot do. I don't know what to do. I was so excited to finally start working and on the second day I find out that I can't keep my balance. My Brother who is the main reason why I got this apprenticeship is majorly pissed at me because he found out I couldn't climb to the last rung before the top of the step ladder because I couldn't stand up steadily without losing my balance. And I called off the next day because that discovery gave me major anxiety and so came the horrible chest pains and restricted breathing.
>>
I've already started looking into other positions I know that I can do well and they have all called me back offering an interview.
>>
>>675697140
Practice your balance op. Try yoga. Dont give up on your dreams. Fuck that shit. Learn to balance dont give up so easy
>>
Get a bigger ladder they all say not to stand on the second to last rung. If boss fires you for not standing on the last rung call OSHA and sue his pants off
>>
File: Full retard.jpg (26 KB, 405x720) Image search: [Google]
Full retard.jpg
26 KB, 405x720
Hey anon im a fellow electrician......it will go away just gotta keep going up. i can now go up a 40ft ladder with my pouch on no problem.
>>
Can't climb step ladder
Posts extension ladder
Autism detected
>>
just work in construction and you aren't even allowed step ladders. problem solved
>>
File: 1447810308292.jpg (99 KB, 1200x797) Image search: [Google]
1447810308292.jpg
99 KB, 1200x797
>>675697140
OP as soon as you start climbing start taking slow but controlled breaths though your nose, and exhale through your mouth. Focus on your breathing and keep it regular as you climb.

Most of vertigo (and most stress) is caused from unintentional slowdown or acceleration of breathing.

BREATHE but don't go too fast or too slow

-your friend Bobby the MD
>>
Also get a basic harness/strap with a carabiner to attach to the ladder to give a sense of security to help with the anxiety
>>
File: SquareBreathe1.png (18 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
SquareBreathe1.png
18 KB, 480x480
>>675699099
square breathing. proven life saving technique
>>
You're not supposed to stand on the last 2 steps nugga. It says so right on the ladder. Tell your employer to get bigger ladders
>>
File: 1437954009078.jpg (206 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1437954009078.jpg
206 KB, 768x1024
>>675697140
You don't use the last step or top dumbsss, it says right on the ladder.
>>
so.... you went to school for 4 years and never climbed a ladder? you learned all the theory, but the practical application is beyond your capabilities? wtf. If you have anxiety over climbing a ladder then you are pretty doomed. Be a teacher. Construction is not a flexable field of work. ladders have weight limits. If some 350lbs fatass cant climb a ladder cuz he will break it then tough shit. there is no pc movement to accomadate everyone because we are all equal and shit.
>>
>>675698759
yeah but it's not the height at all. I can ride roller coasters, I can climb trees. Hell put me in a scissor life or bucket 50 ft up swaying in the wind I'll be fine. It's when my company wants me to use the last step before the top of the ladder and I can't keep my balance that's when I have a problem.
>>
>>675700330
In school environments they don't have you go that high on a ladder. They very closely follow safety precautions.
>>
>>675700535
your company wants you to use the last step on a step ladder. im sure OSHA and your local or state labor and industries rep would love to talk to the owner.
>>
>>675700255
>>675700202
This. I've seen guys get kicked off the job for standing on the top two steps.
>>
>>675700535
As people have said, you aren't even supposed to use that step. Last two steps are not for stepping. Tell them to get you a taller ladder so you don't have to try to balance where you aren't supposed to anyway (as per OSHA).

Either that or go into a different specialty. Appliance repair, industrial automation (programming PLCs doesn't require climbing ladders), etc. Lots of electrical work that doesn't require you to be standing on ladders.
>>
What kind of nigger tier company do you work for where you are required to break the law in order to stay employes?
>>
>>675700873
Ive worked over a decade in construction. No one follows that safety shit to a t. Why? Because the people who imagine these safety rules and procedures sit in a fucking classroom and have 0 fucking clue how things are actually done. If everyone who built your house followed that shit, the house would cost 10 times as much and take 3 times as long to build. Safety is all fine and dandy, just no where near realistic. You remind me of an engineer who knows how to build anything!...in theory
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.