[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can Christians answer me this, and it's a legit question:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 228
Thread images: 27
File: 1366377371062.jpg (30 KB, 331x448) Image search: [Google]
1366377371062.jpg
30 KB, 331x448
Can Christians answer me this, and it's a legit question: If Jesus is god, why is he praying to god?

There's plenty of places in the bible where he's talking to or praying to god as if it's a different entity than him. Where in the bible does it state that Jesus and god are the same? Never heard it cited or anything, people just makes the claim.
>>
He was created by god and was a human entity. I don't think he straight up believes that he was god incarnate.
>>
>>675503904
In Christianity, God and Jesus are separate entities, this is the idea behind the Holy Trinity. 3 divine beings, 1 God.
>>
>>675503904
jesus is gods son, which is quoted quite frequently
>>
Because christians are too stupid. They pray to "god" and refer to jesus, who is supposed to be his son.
>>
>>675503904
It's the idea of the Trinity, three in one. Jesus is fully God, but also fully man. He prays to God, the Father, because his humanity is weak. It takes belief to understand it fully, don't expect a legit answer here
>>
>>675504381
so... assuming the son is jesus, who are the other two? who's the holy ghost? who's the father? and who's god?
>>
>>675504387
But christians say that jesus is god. They state it directly, literally saying jesus is god.
>>
>>675503904
I knew there was a reason I went to /b for the first time in 4 years.

The trinity is inherently a mystery to us but the Father is the Most High and he is of course the Father of Christ and the Holy Spirit is also of the Father.

When Christ ascended he was returning to his Father. He also sits on his Fathers throne until the millennial rule. Then Christ will sit on the Mercy seat.

Revelation was a prophecy given to Christ to give to John the Apostle. This is just another thing where it becomes increasingly clear that the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are 3 different people sharing the same role and position.
>>
>>675504984
so who's the holy ghost?
>>
>>675505367
i can't speak for others but only from what i've read and digested myself.
>>
>>675505477
The Holy Ghost is literally the Spirit of God that acts as an agent for God but is God also.

Think of it as his arm reaching into our world.
>>
>>675505381
Ok, so jesus is the son, god is the father, then who is the holy ghost? Where is he in the bible? What does he do?

And if that is so, why do christians say that jesus is god. They say this all the time, that god and jesus are the same.
>>
File: d7vjaVjz_400x400.jpg (21 KB, 364x364) Image search: [Google]
d7vjaVjz_400x400.jpg
21 KB, 364x364
>>675503904
i used to fuck a nun who answered that question perfectly for me.
she'd come over sometimes while her boyfriend was away after school.

once the door would close she'd almost instantly get naked. most times she'd put on her favorite song and start sucking. then she would cry. her tears and makeup would drip down her face onto my dick. its surprising how cold tears are. eventually i finally asked her what was wrong. in between licks she told me that her favorite song was also her bfs favorite song. so even though she loved hearing it and it totally got her pussy wet, it also made her think about the fact that she was cheating on her boyfriend. i dont think i ever came harder down somebodies throat then right after she told me that. she was beautiful. we dont hang out anymore. wanna get lunch?

this was the song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tgwFpMA61c
>>
File: 99.jpg (49 KB, 554x625) Image search: [Google]
99.jpg
49 KB, 554x625
>>
>>675505742
Uhm... but then it's just a holy duality, not a trinity. Who is the holy spirit in the bible? What does he do? If it's just god, why say god in two different ways? "God, god, and jesus" seems silly.
>>
File: 200.gif (1 MB, 465x200) Image search: [Google]
200.gif
1 MB, 465x200
>>675505986
top kek
>>
>>675505742
Does that mean that God is a physical dude, while the ghost is his mind or whatever?
>>
>>675506332
it's like in chrono trigger when you defeat masa and mune. the holy spirit is the sword masamune
>>
He's praying to the Father, not to himself... Each of the trinity is dinstinct, not the same thing and also not really separate
>>
>>675505886
The Holy Ghost is in the OT and the NT. He is the Comforter, the Messenger, the giver of wisdom, knowledge, strength, ect. The Holy Ghost was in Genesis 2 and 3 by hovering over the world giving it light and sustaining it until the rest of the universe was created.

Some people think the Holy Ghost is Jesus but the Dove that descended from Heaven unto Jesus Christ when he got baptized was a firm signal that he is not. The Father said he was well pleased with his "Son". The exact words were "This is my Son whom I am well pleased".

The role of the Holy Ghost is to give the gifts of God or suppress sin in the world. In the End Times the suppression of Sin will be removed.
>>675506224
Read above. If you have more questions I will answer.
>>675506332
The Father and the Son are both physical. The Holy Ghost has never appeared to be physical but someone that works on our hearts and minds giving us gifts and blessings. The Holy Ghost in Hebrew is literally Spirit of God. So you could say its Gods mind reaching out to you. The Holy Spirit witnesses for God also however so that it seems to be a separate person from Jesus Christ and the Father and Gabriel or Micheal or the rest of the Host of Heaven.
>>
File: Untitledew.png (533 KB, 720x1268) Image search: [Google]
Untitledew.png
533 KB, 720x1268
>>675505986
>i used to fuck a nun
kek
>>
Why couldn't god just forgive us instead of making such a conveluted plot to create a son and have him killed so he can forgive us.
>>
File: power.gif (3 MB, 256x172) Image search: [Google]
power.gif
3 MB, 256x172
>>675503904
You have to understand the trinity, which can best be done by analogy to a shamrock: God is small, green, and split three ways.
>>
>>675506332
The Holy Spirit is almost like a middle man for God and mankind. It's what resides within people and is what's accountable for prophecy, tongues, words of knowledge, and other spiritual gifts. Think of the Spirit as an access point to God, I suppose. The book of Acts covers a bit of this stuff but I'm relatively new to this whole Christianity thing. If I may ask, why the interest?
>>
Google paganism and christianity.
Many many gods share the same god of son story that relates back to astrology.Dec 25 is birth of hey zeus and also Krishna,budda and story of mohammed-yeah koran is all based on early paganism.
Devlving into specifics is kinda worthless unless you discover origins first.
>>
>>675503904 God cannot come to our dimension himself without physically destroying us. His glory lies within the quantum realm of understanding. Think of religion as school for the soul, also the holy spirit is air. Spirits influence over humanity is beyond science, which is ultimately physics put in place to govern our flesh world
>>
File: yoda-01[1].jpg (39 KB, 465x478) Image search: [Google]
yoda-01[1].jpg
39 KB, 465x478
>>675506584
Lol
>>675506850
>"This is my Son whom I am well pleased".
pic related
>>
>>675507208
>the zeitgeist meme
Try harder.
>>
>>675507069
I think it was supposed to be a spectacle of sorts, something for everyone to see and witness themselves. Even then it's like "okay, well why didn't he just make himself audible all over the world and let people know?"
There's just a plethora of questions nobody seems able to answer
>>
The Nicene Creed describes Jesus as being homooúsios ( similar in substance ) with God the Father.
>>
>>675506850
>The Holy Spirit witnesses for God
So he witnesses for himself... or his spirit witnesses for his body? Why isn't his spirit in his body?

Also, this guy says something different: >>675507177
also this guy: >>675507278
>>
>>675507069
Because he is God and he can do what he wants.

Actually its because he gave us free will but he also stands outside time so he already knew we were gonna fall. So he gave us the fruit to fall with vs an alternative more dangerous way of falling. Imagine if we consumed the fruit of only evil and never knew good in our lives. We'd die and never have eternal life or even a comparison to judge for ourselves.

Human life and history is a controlled burn where our choices are our own and if we choose hell, it is because we reject the good that God offers for evil.
>>
>>675507859
They also correct. The Holy Spirit is a separate entity that witnesses for the whole Trinity including itself. If you're really that interested in knowing what the Holy Spirit is like. Try praying the Lords Prayer in your own time earnestly repenting and you will find the Holy Spirit.
>>
>>675507601
Well, the bible keeps mentioning a host of other gods that yahweh is fighting. Yahweh is supposed to be the strongest and greatest god. However, it has changed with the times, but the text itself shows that Christianity and Judaism was a polytheistic religion. Which is way more common on a global scale.

Think of it like this, you live in a community with your god or gods, and then you meet some other group of people with their gods. You don't dismiss their gods, but you more or less disregard them, as you're loyal to your own god. And if the two groups fight, they are fighting with their gods, as each god support their own worshipers. Yahweh is waging war on the other gods, and in the bible he's the "one true god" because he's the strongest... Supposedly. It's like pokemon, but with humans.

Abraham, I choose you!!!
>>
>>675507859
God has different offices, Jesus played as savior. Savior from what? I recommended understanding why we're all on this earth to begin with and how we were with God in spiritual bodies before this earth age. Your path is a deep one, start with the first earth age. Its described well in the hebrew in many places as well as in greek in the new testament. It is the key of david that many know nothing about
>>
>>675507601
Truth meme
>>
>>675508117
>Try praying the Lords Prayer in your own time earnestly repenting and you will find the Holy Spirit.
Do you do that?
>>
>>675505367
I can think of a few Christians that will say Jesus was God's son, they can even quote scriptures where Jesus says it himself.
>>
>>675508657
Kek.
>Abraham...I chose youuuuuuu to kill your son
>>
>>675508657
You should do more research on the Bible. The "gods" is actually angels. Sometimes they're simply Idols drawing people away from the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob.

The whole Bible is a lesson in futility of trusting in evil spirits and fallen angels who made their choice a long time ago and chose wrong. The pitiful thing is God himself doesn't even fight these things. Only 1 angel will defeat all the evil. Micheal. Gods Army Chief is that strong and all the evil is that weak.

So before you start believing other "gods" are even worth that title, remember who knows the future before it happens and remember who wins in the end and always has won.
>>675508979
Yes I do.
>>
>>675508979
Yo dawg. It's real. Like u feel it running through u like the force. It's an uplifting feeling. Like walking on sunshine but ur not walking.
>>
for things how are you is that I am beginning to doubt my own religion
>>
File: 1320790735590.jpg (89 KB, 600x435) Image search: [Google]
1320790735590.jpg
89 KB, 600x435
This is all the dumbest fucking shit I've ever heard. All the explanations a christian gives for this goofy fuck are literally RETARDED, and no one seems to really notice or care enough to call them out on it. There is no fucking god, just like there is no magic or easter rabbits or santa clause. Every fucking "MIRACLE" was just a coincidental good fucking fortune, it wasn't god or jesus or anything acting for you. People are suppose to pray every fucking day, and ya know what? There's literally millions of starving children in the world. There's millions of abused children, raped, molested, murdered children in the world. There is no fucking god, there is nothing above us or below us. It's just a goddamn story our ancestors made up so they wouldn't have to move all those heavy blocks around. Jesus fuck only americans and other similar low intelligence people actually believe in this spoopy fucking mind control shit. Fuck all of you religion has singlehandedly ground humanity's advancement to a screeching fucking halt. Religion is the worse thing that has ever sprung from the mind of man. I place HIV/AIDS higher up on the list of things better than religion.

Pick FUCKING related.
>>
>>675509286
Do you know who was ultimately sacrificed on that very same hill? Yeshua Hamashiach. Jesus Christ. The Lamb of God.

Abraham was promised (God never breaks a promise) by God that Isaac would have many children. So Abraham had a clue that it was simply a prelude. His faith in God was that he actually had conversations with him on a regular basis. So he knew probably what he was doing the whole time.
>>
>>675509853
Satan is the ruler of this world. Take it up with him.
>>
>>675503904
He's the son of God, not God himself.
>>
>>675509310
>Yes I do.
Isn't it a bit hypocritical to then surf /b/ of all places? That's like going "Dear god, I'm so sorry for everything I did. I repent my sins." And then you go to Sodom and Gomorrah to party your pants off, and jacking off onto lady boys and what not.

Do you really think god is such a simpleton? Repenting means to regret, and you're not really repenting if you keep repeating the offense. Don't you think god will go "Oh, yeah, you're totally repenting. You totally fooled me. Let's if you'll repent when I melt your face off with eternal hellfire."

You haven't repented if you come to places like this, and you haven't repented if you keep sinning.
>>
>>675507208
>Dec 25 is birth of hey zeus and also Krishna,budda

More importantly it was the birthday of Sol Invictus. Both Christianity and Mithraism co-opted that to be more appealing to the Romans, particularly the upper classes. Sol Invictus was the most important deity during the early days of Christianity, as he was heavily associated with the Emperor and Imperial family.
>>
>>675510015
What's his help me hotline? I got a fucking bone to pick with him.
>>
>>675509597
Watch some Chuck Missler videos. Like Hidden Gems in the Bible, or Where we got our bible.
>>675510057
I was called to come here for the first time in 4 years. I was wondering why. Then I saw this Christian thread. Then I knew why.
>>
>>675509310
>You should do more research on the Bible.
You should do more research on the rest of the world and other religions.
>>
>>675509853
Do something about it. Feed those children. U fly to Africa and feed those aids babies. It's called free will. Not everyone is going to be nice. But if u let God guide ur life everything works out great.
>>
>>675510171
Evil is his hotline. So you probably already know him.
>>
>>675510349
That is how I came to Christianity.
>>
File: Jay-sus.jpg (85 KB, 800x598) Image search: [Google]
Jay-sus.jpg
85 KB, 800x598
>>
>>675510358
Yeah sure, those rapebabies and aids babies must not have been letting god guide them as an HIV dick plunged into their pussies and asses. Take that plowed children, maybe you'll accept jesus and god as your savior next time! Ha ha ha ha!
>>
>>675509310
>The whole Bible is a lesson in futility of trusting in evil spirits
while god is murdering literal millions. i think it's clear who the evil spirit is. you eat flesh and drink blood, and the churches are decorate with a mutilated corpse nailed to an ancient torture device. yahweh is ording genocides left and right. it's pretty clear who's evil. not really that hard to guess either.
>>
>>675509567
i had the same praying to allah.
>>
File: 1364205342336.jpg (71 KB, 773x567) Image search: [Google]
1364205342336.jpg
71 KB, 773x567
>>675509853
Lol. word. They can't even answer a simple question. Look at all the bullshit they're spewing. They can't even agree on what's what.
>>
>>675503904
FSM/Pastafarianism coming through.
Christians believe that jesus is a human representation of god's ideology and nice stuff, not god himself.
>>
>>675510858
God does do genocide. The reason for this was because there were nephilim in the land. You know what they were?

I'm sure modern people would think God is a racist too for making everyone different and giving each tribe different blessings but the reason he did this is because when they were united, they were building a giant tower dedicated to child sacrifice and orgies.
>>
>>675511266
What? Christ is the Son of God.
>>
>>675511240
>implying science and religion are the same thing when science proves truth with evidence and religion (in general) doesn't.
>>
>>675505477
Dio.
No wait, he's the holy diver.
>>
>>675508657
Yahweh and Elohim were distinctly different gods originally. It's more apparent in Jewish scriptures, and it puts the story of Abraham and Issac in a different perspective. The story is less about faith, and more about the triumph of Elohim as the primary deity of the Abrahamic faiths.

Judaism isn't strictly monotheistic as people think. It's for the most part treated as such by most modern Jews, but strictly speaking it's still polytheistic as far as laymen are concerned, or at least can be--Rabbis are required to treat all Jewish deities as one single god in writing and commentary of scriptures however. It moved towards monotheism under Persian rule, and influence, when they merged Yahweh and Elohim, and attempted to pass him off as being the same as the Zoroastrian God, of the Persians.
>>
>>675510218
>I was wondering why.
fapping to traps, obviously.
>>
God made is in his image, basically.

That's why.

/thread
>>
don't pray to me or my son ever again
>>
>>675511400
I did not say he isn't the son of god.
The ancient greeks had a buttload of half gods (son of gods) because Zeus couldn't keep his dick under control.
Those halfgods did not have godlike power, just a little bit to do cool stuff like turning water into wine and walking on water.
>>
>>675503904
I'm a Christian and I don't believe God and Jesus are the same person. The trinity is retarded
>>
File: 1313529210754.jpg (76 KB, 600x677) Image search: [Google]
1313529210754.jpg
76 KB, 600x677
>>675511240
No matter what the topic of discussion is, if it's religion, it always blows my mind. I wish I could telekinetically spread my mindset on religion to every human I come into contact with, then they spread it etc etc. The world would be cleansed of this sickness of the mind and we could finally start reaching the heights we were always meant to.
>>
>>675505367
Born again christians do, and they're batshit insane when it comes to christians
>>
>>675506215
Random anon passing through, saving this for later. Kekt hard
>>
File: aInveOG.jpg (242 KB, 2048x973) Image search: [Google]
aInveOG.jpg
242 KB, 2048x973
God is not real. There is no evidence for god exsisting. Hence forth god probably does not exsist ofcourse being a nihalist I belive that the probability of any type of god is second to non. To be fair however we will not truly know before we die if we go to heaven or not but it is absolutely retarded to deonounce science that there is evidence for.
Pic Related
>>
>>675511471
Just a technical note, science doesn't "prove" anything. It seeks evidence to turn hypotheses into theories. Because we use inductive reasoning to understand the universe around us, the only place where things can be proven are within systems where we understand how all the fundamental components interact, which is mathematics.

Science doesn't deal with proof, it deals with degrees of confidence. We are extremely confident that the conservation of energy cannot be violated. That doesn't mean we can know for certain, because that is impossible without beign omniscient.
>>
>>675507900
Agreed. He didn't create robots, he creates humans who have a choice.
>>
>>675511810
Was it Peter that walked water too?
>>
>>675511732
See, this is the shit I'm talking about. No you fucking wretch you got it backwards:

Man made god in his image. There is invisible man. There is NOTHING. If you believe there is an actual wizard of oz in our physical existence then you are no better than an ignorant 4 year old who believes that stuffed animals talk to them. People like you are the literal bane of humanity.
>>
>>675503904
Jesus refers to God as his father in several verses of the Bible, as well as referring to God as greater. Jesus isn't God. Its a misinterpretation
>>
>>675512195
If God is omniscient, we have no free will. The two are mutually exclusive principles.
>>
>>675511508
Yahweh (I AM I AM)/Yehovah(The existent One) is simply the name Elohim gave to Moses to tell to the Jews who were slaves and to the Pharaoh for authorities sake.

He is also described as the Most High even before Abraham. Elohim is a generic word that is contextually given meaning. It can mean angels, the host of heaven, judges, or God. It is in Genesis 1 Plural form of God because the Holy Ghost hovered over the earth and it implies as Christ testified to later on that the whole trinity created everything.
>>675512247
What are you standing on that is so important to you? What are you hiding?
>>
>>675512020
What's that? Someone doesn't fully understand something? Ya let's dismiss their whole belief.
>>
>>675503904
cus ur a fag
>>
>>675506664
The concept of a trinity or trine of gods making up one god is a pagan idea, with no Biblical basis
>>
>>675512218
Idk, maybe peter was just high as fuck and didn't notice he was standing in very shallow water
>>
>>675510057
When you become a Christian, you accept Christ as your Savior because you are aware that you are not worthy of salvation from hell on your own. You are admitting "Hey, I'm fucked up. I'll never be perfect. I can't get to heaven based on my behavior." That's why God sent Jesus to die on the cross. He bore the punishment for my past, present, and future sins. Being on /b/ just makes that obvious, kek
>>
>>675510218
>I was called to come here for the first time in 4 years. I was wondering why. Then I saw this Christian thread. Then I knew why.
I'm the OP.

What I wanted to know, is why Christians can't account for what they believe, and how they reason to themselves that jesus is god and somehow also not god. I didn't want to be a dick about it, which is why I just asked, and I was hoping that to hear anything resembling sense. Unfortunately, it's very clear non of you agree with each other, and you all take it on a whim that you then believe more than anything in the world.

I know you think you had a holy mission here, but I'm not going to start praying any christian prayer any more than I'll start doing muslim praying just because someone tells me to. I'm not that simple.

If I heard and saw god... ANY god, right now, I'd assume I was hallucinating. If you want to make any positive impression, I recommend you stop the imagined mission from god, and answer me this: why do christians always say that jesus is god, when, as you said, the holy trinity are sort of three separate entities?

I was a bit optimistic when I hoped for a clear answer, but the only thing that was made clear is that you don't know, and that you just sort of wing it.
>>
>>675512625
Who is the Holy Ghost, who is the Angel of the Lord, who is the Burning Bush, who is the great IAM, who is the Dove, who is the Comforter, who is the Messenger, who is the Warrior, who is the Lamb of God, who is the Beginning and the End, who is the Alpha and the Omega, who is the one with the double edged sword, who will sit on the Mercy Seat?

Can you answer any of that?
>>
>>675510411
You're terrible at research.
>>
>>675507208
Literally none of that is true.
>>
>>675510358
>Do something about it. Feed those children
I am, bitch. What are you doing, on your holy crusade?
>>
>>675512545
I dismiss beliefs with no basis. I've had several of them ambush me and assault my beliefs, citing no proof but their own shoddy translation of the scriptures. Insistent to the point of agression
>>
>>675512911
The Holy Trinity is three persons, with three roles, one being the Son, one being the Most High, one being the Comforter.

This is not a simple subject.
>>
>>675512423
What is there to hide? My grandfather was a pastor and a life long baptist and 2 of his 4 sons, 1 being my dad, are believers in the faith. I attended several church bible readings when I was a kid.

Despite all that, I grew up knowing it is literally made up, none of it is real, they are all just stories with no grounding in reality. I mean what else do you want me to say? I know for myself, as a normal high functioning human that religion is the disease plaguing mankind and that A LOT of our problems stem from religion one way or another.

You know those movies where the protag knows what is about happen, but when he tries to explain it to people they don't believe him? That's how I feel with religion, and I'm sure how many others feel. You can't dissuade ignorant people, you can't dissuade people with faith. That's why we're all in the shit right now.
>>
>>675511310
He also killed the children though. Also other children... Like, all the fucking time.
>>
>>675513131
Why did Jesus say he was the Burning Bush, why did he say he and the Father were One? Why did he say he was the Angel of the Lord? Why did he say in Revelation he is the Beginning and the End, The First and the Last?
>>
>>675505256
God himself is the God incarnate
>>
>>675512773
He was high on Jesus yo. A big ass wave came up and he stopped and went "oh I'm walking on water" then sank. He was walking towards Jesus who was on the water.
>>
>>675511508
+1 internet.
>>
>>675513433
Yes he did. Nephilim are still Nephilim.
>>
>>675511732
>answered nothing
>>
>>675505256
The holy ghost is the human spirit, fulfilled through God, God the father is the one you look up to, and God the son is his work on earth.

Interestingly enough, in the Quran, it actually says the Holy trinity involved the virgin mary, which is flat out wrong, and proof that all muslims should be put in camps and executed.
>>
File: bad vibes.jpg (85 KB, 633x438) Image search: [Google]
bad vibes.jpg
85 KB, 633x438
>>675505256
Father is god. Son is jesus. Ghost is some kind of glue. If they merge together, they become some kind of transformer or something like that I guess.
>>
>>675505367
then they probably haven't read that book right.
>>
>>675513303
I know there are a lot of bad pastors and other believers who simply take the Bible on faith but I'm going to give you a few things to look up in your own time.

Watch a Video called Where we got our bible by Chuck Missler, also another one called Hidden Gems in the Bible by Chuck Missler. A video on extra-biblical sources by Christ White.
>>
>>675503904
Simple, the bible is false the quran is. In Islam Jesus is a prophet too but he is a man not God.
>>
>>675511310
>dedicated to child sacrifice and orgies
This is simply not true. There is absolutely no mention of sacrifice or orgies with regard to the tower of Babel anywhere. The reason it was "bad" was because they wanted to work together and achieve great things, which was somehow an affront to God.
>>
>>675511266
I want someone to tell me why Christians keep saying that Jesus is god, that he's the one and only lord, yet he's praying to god.

I didn't think it would take this long for that to get answered.

Thanks for the effort, but you've answered similar to most, that they are not one. But that doesn't explain why people say that he is.

It's pretty frustrating that such a simple question can't get a straight answer, even when people are genuinely trying.
>>
>>675514060
Its implied in the Hebrew. Watch the Genesis series by Chuck Missler if you actually care.
>>
>>675513105
Not passing judgement onto others. Everyone has a calling. We all serve a purpose in life. God has a plan for everyone. U just need to learn to listen to him telling you what to do.
>>
>>675505367
Christian is the most broad term to define one who believes in Christ. With that being said, I don't know why you are even asking this shit, are you a virgin or something? The bible is written by men who were inspired by God. It is not God's direct word. Unlike the Koran, which the dirty muslims believe is the direct word of God.

Which is why we need to put Muslims in concentration camps.
>>
>>675513303
>You can't dissuade ignorant people, you can't dissuade people with faith

I don't even necessarily want to. Take my grandma for example. She's 87 and dying with terminal cancer. She's always been a kind, loving person, and she believes that soon she gets to go live in a nice place, and be with all the family (including my mom) and friends she's lost. It's bullshit, but why the fuck would I want to take that from her? Hell, I wish I could still believe it myself. It would make life a lot more bearable.
>>
>>675511902
Do you happen to know/understand why many Christians say that they are the same? I've yet to see a straight answer.
>>
File: 1363956296694.jpg (123 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1363956296694.jpg
123 KB, 640x960
>>675511925
>>
>>675514161
Why don't you read the 4 Gospels and Acts?
>>
>>675509853
Jesus came down on earth, lived as a man. Just like us, he experienced temptation but did not comply for he has a special role. He lived the way we should have lived, and died the death we should have died. 3 days later He rose again proving that He is the Son of God, offering us the gift of salvation.
Some people never accepted this gift or will never know of it, but wont you accept it? God is offering you a gift to getting out of here, clearly He didnt meant for us to live here on earth. God is Love and Just, He couldn't let sin go unpunished but He loved us that's why Jesus is here. He loves the hungry children, the raped, and even the rapers! and He wants us Christians to share this gift to them. We are not forcing you but there is a storm coming indeed, in the end who's right or who's wrong is not what matters here, its our lives at stake. Thank you, may God bless you.
>>
File: 6876.jpg (81 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
6876.jpg
81 KB, 800x600
>>675511925
>>
>>675513303
how is the fedora working out for you?
>>
>>675509021
Me too, but there's a large amount of christians who say that he is god. Yet, I've never heard anyone state why, or where they got it from.
>>
>>675514305
>The bible is written by men who were inspired by God.
>cathylick detected

You are a Muslim as far as I'm concerned, which is just a fancy way of saying that you worship Satan. Praise Jesus!
>>
>>675514504
Amen. God bless you.
>>
>>675514205
>implied
>metaphor
>subtext
This is why the Bible belongs in the trash. You retards get your worldview from a text that you "interpret" at will.

Based on the explicit actions of God, no implications needed, he is a complete asshole and not worthy of worship. Anything beyond that is a product of your own imagination.
>>
>>675514305
>the bible is allegorical Catholics
No thank you.
>>
File: 1414697502905.jpg (73 KB, 600x336) Image search: [Google]
1414697502905.jpg
73 KB, 600x336
>>675514005
I mean you don't seem to get it anon. To me, the only thing religion is good for, are the stories. They're really good stories. Jesus? Really good story to read. Moses and his stones? Good to read. And I understand that there's morals and guidelines in all these stories on how to be a good person and etc, I get that. But when I read these stories and I see the utter clusterfuck of a shit storm that the very concept of religion has put humanity through, I just see no value in any of it. There is no good in religion, extreme or not. You don't need faith and all that shit to be a good person. If you are raised right and taught right and wrong then you are fully capable of being a good person without having to sit on your knees every night praying for forgiveness for a sin that you didn't even make. A sin that, no matter what we do, humans will always carry around with them. Fuck that eternal damned shit, it's bullshit to convert YOU to THEIR ideals. There is no original sin, there is no eternal guilt. More anti religion images.
>>
I think this is all misleading. Listen to Alan Watts' talk on Jesus Christ. Our King James Bible misinterprets the original intent in regards to 'son of God'. In the original scripture he said he was 'a' son of God not 'the' son of God. He was pedestalized and make unimportant by being kicked upstairs. Jesus took many of his ideas from Confucius and Eastern religious teachings of respect and applied them to the old testament framework. Jesus wanted us to realize that we are all God's children and a part of him. My personal belief is this is the most persistent simulation in the matrix of life and God is simply our operating system which makes us the main characters in our own stories part and parcel to his intent.

http://youtu.be/N1qui6pC54A
>>
>>675514855
Do you know what a concordance is?
>>
>>675513814
Agreed.
>>
>>675514994
The Bible isn't just a story. I implore you to do more research.
>>
>>675512195
>>675507900
You guys are looney toons. If you don't see a massive flaw in that logic, you should get your heads out of your asses.
>>
>>675515048
I've gone through the Greek my self. It is THE Son of God. That is a blatant lie.
>>
File: kekekekeke.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
kekekekeke.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>675505986
>i used to fuck a nun who answered that question perfectly for me.
>she'd come over sometimes while her boyfriend was away after school.
>
once the door would close she'd almost instantly get naked. most times she'd put on her favorite song and start sucking. then she would cry. her tears and makeup would drip down her face onto my dick. its surprising how cold tears are. eventually i finally asked her what was wrong. in between licks she told me that her favorite song was also her bfs favorite song. so even though she loved hearing it and it totally got her pussy wet, it also made her think about the fact that she was cheating on her boyfriend. i dont think i ever came harder down somebodies throat then right after she told me that. she was beautiful. we dont hang out anymore. wanna get lunch?
>>
>>675503904
I don't know if the bible ever explains this, but if I had to take an educated guess... God is the root of all things, Jesus is the objective representation of God, and the Holy Spirit is the subjective representation of God. Satan is the representation of Anti-God, or the absence of God, though still sharing in the same root as God because God IS everyone, everything, and everywhere. God even transcends death, space, time, etc.. God is beyond our comprehension, though it's still a good thing to seek God's kingdom [that is this existence] for traces of It. Perhaps one day we may all find the answers we seek, but remember that even if we do find out God, the purpose of everything, etc., if we die we likely take none of this information with us unless of course God decrees that we transcend the objective/subjective rules of this existence of ours.
>>
>>675512922
>Holy ghost
you mean holy spirit, Gods active force
>Angel of the lord
Never heard of it, God has many angels
>Burning bush
A manifestation of Gods power to communicate with moses
>IAM
Are you taking the piss
>The Dove
A physical representation of Jesus being baptised with Holy spirit
>The Comforter
Or 'The helper, the Holy spirit' is an example of what the Holy spirit can do, help a person in their comprehension of the scriptures and further their understanding
>The Messenger
A Spirit Creature that delivers messages to his servants (example: the angel gabriel)
>The Warrior
Kinda vague, it appears many times in the Bible
>Lamb of God
Jesus, the perfect son of God, a sacrificial lamb
>Beginning and the End
God, who indeed is the alpha and the omega
>Double-edged sword
Or Two Edged Sword, is the Bible, which can can cut through to our inner selves, doing more than any double-edged sword to discern our true thoughts and intentions
>Mercy Seat
Thats to do with the ark of the covenant, the mosaic law, which no longer applies
>>
>>675514161
Not everyone on this planet is lucky enough to have an IQ higher than 100.
People will make false assumptions and spread them like they are scientifically proven, that's just human.
>>
File: religious.jpg (756 KB, 950x1828) Image search: [Google]
religious.jpg
756 KB, 950x1828
>>675515201
Nah, I'd rather take closure in what I know and leave the converted to their own practices. Despite all my faggot posting, I feel that everyone should believe and practice what they want. But when you try to convert me to your ways, or when you start strapping explosives to your chest and running into a school, I start to get pissy, you understand I'm sure.
>>
>>675512873
You know, he could just go "Aww, fuck it, I forgive you anyway. After all, I'm the one you made you a perverted fuckwit to begin with."
>>
>>675503904
people who think jesus was god incarnate are called trinitarians. they are obsessed with the 'trinity' aka god, jesus, and the holy ghost. the holy ghost being some combination of an actual entity and the actual experience of feeling gods presence. They really focus on this one idea and are actually not good practicing christians as they idolize jesus and pray to him, like the catholics do with people the dub saints.
>>
>>675512545
>Someone doesn't fully understand something? Ya let's dismiss their whole belief.
If someone doesn't even understand their own belief, how can you not dismiss it?
>>
File: Odinism.jpg (24 KB, 736x690) Image search: [Google]
Odinism.jpg
24 KB, 736x690
>>675515201
Correct. It's a collection of loosely connected stories, shoehorned together into one convenient volume. They aren't even very good stories. I recommend instead the Poetic Eddas.
>>
>>675513213
This shit makes me want to be the most high. So the ones who claim jesus is the lord, they're all wrong?
>>
>>675513449
you're gonna have to cite some scriptures mate
>>
>>675513638
Like niggers are still niggers?
>>
Answer me this Christians. Can God microwave a burrito so hot that not even he can eat it?
>>
>>675505367
>>675505256
>>675503904
Most of it comes down to denomination. Catholics hold God at the highest regard, Christians Hold Christ highest, Orthodox holds Mary highest. But like anon previously mentioned. God is God, Jesus is son of God (or the human manifestation of God) and the holy spirit is the soul of man. And by the powers combined we get Capitan Planet! Or the big bang... It's still up for discussion.
>>
>>675515791
He didn't make us that way. Adam and Eve chose to eat from the tree that God commanded they not eat from. That's where sin came from. It's not God's fault the world is in the sorry state it's in. It's our own. "So why doesn't he just destroy the world?" It's because he is merciful and he doesn't wish for anyone to die without accepting Christ as their savior and end up in hell for ever. But he will end it eventually.
>>
File: 1440871851973.jpg (69 KB, 599x599) Image search: [Google]
1440871851973.jpg
69 KB, 599x599
>>675513659
>Interestingly enough, in the Quran, it actually says the Holy trinity involved the virgin mary, which is flat out wrong, and proof that all muslims should be put in camps and executed.
kek, how christian of you. you know, both muslims and christians are all the same in the end. the same murderous fucktards that are just arguing over minor details of something that doesn't matter.
>>
>>675516452
HOLY SHIT WE DID IT
we found the question of life, the universe, and everything!
Yah, let there be rejoicing.
>>
>>675513785
does he shoot lasers?
>>
>>675514161
>Christians keep saying that Jesus is god, that he's the one and only lord, yet he's praying to god.

I'm a Christian and I don't believe that, specifically because I've read and understand the scriptures

If Jesus is in fact God, his whole point in coming to earth is rendered pointless. He came to earth and took human form to give his perfect life to make up for the perfect human life Adam lost. Part of that sacrifice included offering up that life to one who could accept it, his Father.
>>
>>675516452
Sure, but why would he want to? God loves burritos.
>>
>>675513814
i think that counts for all christians... and jews... and muslims... non of them read their books, and those who do, doesn't read them right.
>>
>>675516733
But the answer doesn't fit. It just won't do!
>>
Dinosaur Bones

/thread
>>
>>675515554
>>Beginning and the End
>God, who indeed is the alpha and the omega
Jesus Christ said he is this in Revelation and in the Gospel.
>Mercy Seat
>Thats to do with the ark of the covenant, the mosaic law, which no longer applies
The Mercy Seat is where Christ will sit when he reigns for a thousand years.
>Double-edged sword
>Or Two Edged Sword, is the Bible, which can can cut through to our inner selves, doing more than any double-edged sword to discern our true thoughts and intentions
This is Christ. He is the Word.
>Burning bush
>A manifestation of Gods power to communicate with moses
Christ said he was the Burning Bush.
>Angel of the Lord
This is Christ also.

The only trick ones I put in there were the Warrior, and the Messenger, and you failed both of those too.
>>675515697
I feel like you're carrying around a lot of baggage.
>>675515964
>loosely connected
What?...
>>675516156
Jesus Christ is the Lord of lords, King of kings. He says so himself. He also says he is the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. Another way of him saying he shares the powers of the Father, because the Father does whatever the Son wishes because the Son loves the Father perfectly.

>>675516185
Read the first two pages of Revelation.
>>675516452
He could but God does no vain thing. He has that cheat code as well.
>>
>>675506224
More like God, God's voice, Jesus. Like a king's messanger.
>>
>>675514994
tbh, it's not even good stories. the bible is really poorly written. if you wrote that kind of crap today, it would never get published.
>>
>>675516942
That's exactly the problem with humans, they don't RTFM.
Or someone who has but lies to others about the meaning in order to gain personal benefits and influence (ISIS i'm looking at you)
>>
>>675516793
Whats a good fiction book without lasers? I bet he have a shields and warp drive if he assemble himself, but one third is in the captivity of satan most of the season.
>>
>>675517118
Dinosaurs were serpents tbh

Well, no, but maybe. Could have been referenced under the same tag line as dragons - being serpents - and we just not pick up on it because of the translations and our own naming conventions.
>>
>>675512195
Choice [imho] is a matter of perspective. The more knowledge [esp. scientific] you gain of this existence, the more you may realize that we don't actually have free will, but that everyone and everything can actually be calculated, measured, etc., and that everything in this life is actually quite repetitive. The less knowledge you have [aka: the more unaware you are of (scientific) truth], the more inclined you may become in thinking that free will exists considering you're that unaware and/or capable of calculating, measuring, thinking outside the box, etc..
>>
>>675517413
when will people draw the line when it comes to justifying god?
>>
>>675515964
>loosely connected

Despite being written over 1,600 years with scores of different authors from different cultures, backgrounds and countries with a consistent theme, is there any other book that can claim that
>>
>>675516727
With the birth control thing. It's not so much about birth control as it is about self discipline and self control in the face of temptation. Hence why they push abstinence... Which if you look at my roommate with 3 kids with three different girls and he's raising none... Usually a vasectomy is a good idea.
>>
>>675517769
Well the Muslims try to pass off their garbage as even remotely as good as the bible.
>>
>>675505381
bullshit
>>
>>675512545
Yes. True believers talk about God, but cannot properly define and explain the concept beyond vague and shallow talking points. They talk about sin, but cannot explain what it is. They talk of souls, but cannot explain what they are. This is because they do not know what any of this shit actually is, and are merely passing along hearsay.

I need a little more than your say so, which is based entirely on the say so of hundreds of generations before you. Is that really asking too much? I mean the decision to observe a religion or not is a pretty huge, life altering one. Hippies and other dipshits may not care to take them up on a whim, but I fucking do.
>>
>>675517646
Well, if evolution was still considered silly, and tectonic plates were thought of as myth, you'd try to prove it to your friends and family even if you yourself couldn't get the evidence, right? Beyond that, that was just an anecdote. Idk if I believe it, but it's somethinf to think about.
>>
>>675516853
>I've read and understand the scriptures
are you fluent in hebrew?
>>
File: 1332028089307.jpg (31 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1332028089307.jpg
31 KB, 250x250
>being a theist
>2016
>>
>>675517419
I wish scientists could use some of that calculating and measuring to accurately predict weather patterns 100% of the time. But at least I can dream.
>>
>>675518076
Go watch Chuck Missler. You're just sounding lazy. We're doing our best.
>>
>>675516853
That makes more sense, as a belief. But it's clear from this thread that Christians just make it up as they go.
>>
File: religious 2.jpg (2 MB, 3904x3208) Image search: [Google]
religious 2.jpg
2 MB, 3904x3208
>>675517304
At least we got awesome names like Behemoth and Leviathan and other amazing tales.
>>
>>675518226
You don't have to be fluent in Hebrew if you understand how to use a concordance.
>>
>>675517769
>is there any other book that can claim that

Books can claim anything their authors wish them to. Doesn't make them true, nor good. Writing is not magical as the ancient Mesopotamians mistakenly believed.
>>
>>675510858
Not all christians follow catholicism...
>>
File: 1416514833681.jpg (36 KB, 431x472) Image search: [Google]
1416514833681.jpg
36 KB, 431x472
>>
>>675514410
So can just make up some bullshit for myself like all the Christians here? Naw, I'm more interested in that's not arbitrarily made up.
>>
>>675512020
>born again Christians
How could they not be? You have to be baptized
>>
>>675518711
You really aren't making a lot of sense.
>>
>>675518569
yeah Catholics aint Christian
>>
>>675516716
He already destroyed the earth once. Noah's ark. And he promised he would never do that again. Which is why we see rainbows after a rain. A physical sign from god.
>>
>>675514274
>Not passing judgement onto others.
in other words, you do fuck all, and you're being all high and mighty about it.

>U just need to learn to listen to him telling you what to do.
but then i become a lazy, selfish bum like you.
>>
>>675518249
You're an atheist at the twenty one century because it's fashinable. Teenager.
>>
>>675518989
I sometimes wish he'd take that rainbow away and just flood us again but he keeps his promises unlike us.
>>
>>675507087
Nuns on the run. Great film
>>
>>675511508
oh so much bullshit in such a short message. I was a religious jew raised in israel and studied until 20yo in very religious private schools and colleges. "elohim" = God in hebrew. yehave is the name of god (it/he has many names in the bible). One of the ten commandmends is "you shall not have another god over me" and u have this btard saying jews have more than one god. fuck off u ignorance speader. fuck u snd fuck all religions, they are the source of all the shit in this world
>>
>>675516853
>I'm a Christian and I don't believe that,

Which makes you a heretic: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicene_Creed
>>
File: 1331912481328.jpg (96 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1331912481328.jpg
96 KB, 400x400
>>675514305
>Which is why we need to put Muslims in concentration camps.
Christian ISIS has arrived. Here comes the blood thirsty demands for human sacrifice.
>>
Honestly why the fuck does anybody feel the need to have a religion. Chances are every religion is wrong, and chances are atheism is wrong too. Humans can only imagine 2 outcomes after death. Something and Nothing (Afterlife vs Sleeping with no dreams for eternity). Humans concept of the afterlife are very limited by the human brain. So why do we even try to imagine what it's like? It's something beyond human understanding, and it will come soon enough. Just enjoy life, because whether we go to heaven or just sleep with no dreams forever, nothing matters. The afterlife in no way is affected by your actions on earth.
>>
>>675519273
dont cut yourself with all that edge
>>
>>675519273
God bless your soul.
>>
>>675505381
What is this shit
>>
File: 1314389788592.jpg (90 KB, 500x642) Image search: [Google]
1314389788592.jpg
90 KB, 500x642
This is the last I'm posting in this failed conversion festering cock of a thread.
>>
>>675517118
Read Job. It talks about dinosaurs in there.
>>
>>675518989
I'm referring to Revelation where he talks about creating a new heaven and earth.
>>
>>675519459
It is better to be a Christian and be wrong then any of the other alternatives.
>>
>>675519459
>It's something beyond human understanding
>The afterlife in no way is affected by your actions on earth.

So you and only you know for certain, or are you contradicting yourself?
>>
>>675519608
See ya!
>>
>>675503904
THE REAL ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION

Jesus is praying to himself because he realized he is his own god and you should do the same.
>>
>>675519733
I am god boi
>>
>>675503904
>If Jesus is god, why is he praying to god?

You should read about the threefold oneness is Orthodoxy to understand..

However that pic.. is a western representation if a very small facet of Christianity. I wouldn't take it literally... ;)
>>
>>675514504
>>675514827
Don't you niggers realize you're on /b/?!?! You're in the heart of Sodom and Gomorrah and you're pretending to be all pious. You fap to trannies getting ass rammed, then you turn around and play a holy crusader.

I never expected the pedophile jesus squad to invade here. I know the kiddy and trap porn appeals to your kind, but fuck, this is too crazy.
>>
>>675505381
>>675506850
You're awesome.
>>
>>675519173
no, i'm an atheist because religions with gods are idiotic. you, however, are religious because your parents taught you to be
>>
>>675520197
We're called to be Sheep among Wolves.
>>
>>675514504
>he experienced temptation but did not comply
I don't know, he enjoyed hanging out with whores a lot, and the lowest of the low.
>>
>>675520197
I don't think Christians should only associate themselves with other Christians, they should always be talking to people who have lost their way.
>>
>>675514504
>He didnt meant for us to live here on earth.
uhm he made earth and put us here...
>>
>>675520463
That is exactly our calling.
>>
>>675520197
What figure in the bible, aside from Jesus, is described as someone that never sinned? No Christian is any better than anyone else. And we are everywhere. And we are capable of good and bad just like anyone else birthed from a vagina :)
>>
A question for Christfags: if Jesus came back today, how would you know he was the real Jesus and not some crackpot homeless guy?
>>
>>675519718
Here are some ideas for ya buddy..
>What you believe and what you wish for can be different things.
>If there is no afterlife (you cannot be 100% sure, but it is close enough) then maybe, just maybe, its the limited life on earth the only thing that matter. And most of organised religions try really fucking hard to make it as misserable as possible.
>>
File: 1302817902045.jpg (246 KB, 1740x1670) Image search: [Google]
1302817902045.jpg
246 KB, 1740x1670
>>675514504
what is happening to my /b/
surely this must be illegal. i know priests like trap and pedo porn, but i didn't actually think they came here. is this why /b/ has an excessive amount of boy buttholes recently?
>>
>>675504984
>takes belief
>to fully understand

So it makes sense when you don't question it and just accept it.
>>
>>675518076
Really. Pick up a bible yourself and you come up with an opinion. And when your done reading it, read it again, and again, and again. It's like watching a interstellar or fight club, you learn something new everytime you go through it.
>>
File: 1353530930667.jpg (156 KB, 329x432) Image search: [Google]
1353530930667.jpg
156 KB, 329x432
>>675518391
>We're doing our best.

Your best is exactly why Western civilization developed the scientific method. Because what we had up to then just didn't cut it. We have since put men on the moon, cured polio, extended the average human lifespan, and most importantly, created an internet for people to bitch and moan non-stop on. It's not a perfect system, but it beats the living shit out of what we had in the middle ages, and what they still have in the third world.
>>
>>675504984
>Jesus is fully God, but also fully man
This violates the law of identity. You're saying X=Y, but X != Y. There is literally no way to understand this any more than you can understand what a square circle looks like.
>>
>>675518280
That or prove the big bang theory when the laws of physics say that energy cannot be created or destroyed.
>science:0
>God:All
>>
>>675515641
sigh... that's the problem with 100 being the average, many people will be below 100. which is terrifying.
>>
>>675504984
Jesus is God's son. The holy spirit is not an entity but a state of mind inspired by god
>>
>>675521109

I've read it. Numerous times. I went to a Christian school, and at one time I even considered studying theology and becoming a pastor. I reject it, for the simple fact that I have read it.
>>
>>675519459

We die every night we sleep without dreams. It isn't that scary. I don't understand why people need some sort of after-sleep comfort idea.
>>
>>675521461
Preach bro
>>
>>675507900
It's a controlled burning of God's choice.

Also, why do Christians insist that God can do what he wants, but then claim he can do anything so long as it's logically consistent. (Such as can an omnipotent god create a god more powerful than himself)
>>
>>675520923
I just said that as a jest. I truly believe in Christ, the Father and the Holy Spirit.
>>675521172
Just accept you're asking questions on /b. Most of us Christians hang out on /pol, /int, /lit, /his, and /x to try and convert people. This is not normally somewhere we even touch.
>>
>>675516716
he knew they were going to do that when he created them though. not hard to avoid if you know everything that will happen.

>It's not God's fault the world is in the sorry state it's in.
of course it is, he suck at making shit. with unlimited power, i could without a doubt make a way better world, with no need for sectarian violence just to go to the place he should've made in the first place.
Thread replies: 228
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.