[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can a cop pull you over if they're outside their state?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 2
File: 1458527297356.jpg (63 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1458527297356.jpg
63 KB, 720x960
Can a cop pull you over if they're outside their state?

This happened this morning
>driving on interstate
>asshole behind me is tailgating the shit out of me
>on cuirse control and too lazy to switch lanes
>thinking eventually he's gotta go around me
>instead he just gets closer and closer for almost a full mile
>eventually I got pissed off
>slammed on my brakes HARD to tell him to fuck off
>two seconds later he turned his cop lights on
>ohfuck.jpg
>pull over, he gets out and swings my passenger door open
>WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU WHY DIDNT YOU MOVE? THAT WAS FUCKING DANGEROUS
>oh sure but you tailgating me for no fucking reason isn't dangerous at all
>just say sorry, had it on cruise control so I hit the brake to get off and switch lanes
>he's pissed, asks for my license
>says "damn kids" and heads it back to me
>TFW I'm 24
>he says some other smart shit then gets back in his car, no ticket
>as he drives away I see he has out of state plates

Was it even legal for him to pull me over in the first place? Had I noticed that from the start I would've called the police and kept going

Also keep in mind I wasn't wearing a seatbelt and didn't even show him insurance, both of which he didn't even say anything about
>>
Follow the law, kid.
>>
>>675375037

And what law did I break you stupid faggot
>>
>>675375159
it's illegal to suck penises while driving
>>
>>675374742
Interstate reciprocity. Mutual aid. Short answer, yes he could.
>>
>>675375370

Wow funny

Are you even old enough to drive, let alone post here?
>>
Oh snap
>>
>>675375537

Never heard of this you got any sources?

Keep in mind I was NOWHERE near the border of his state or anything like that
>>
>>675374742
yeah he can he would have to do a shit load of paperwork if he was to charge you with something but yes he could pull you over
>>
>>675375971
Google "police mutual aid agreement" and read some of the links. The first one is CALEA, a law enforcement accreditation agency. They're not really supposed to, per se, but they can if the want. It would piss off that cops supervisor if he found out he was doing that though, for wasting department time.
>>
>>675376263
This, too
>>
>>675376263

But how would he issue a ticket if he isn't even a cop in the state?
>>
>>675375971
Are thoes pubes on her floor?
>>
>>675376718
He would have to call in a local officer for assistance
>>
>>675375370
/thread
>>
>>675376718
In theory he could, but likely wouldnt. That cop would then be obligated to show up in a court possibly hundreds of miles away and that cops boss would be super duper pissed because the way he sees it is that he doesn't pay his cop to enforce laws somewhere else.
>>
Other posters have already fucking explained that the is an interstate agreement in place that allows cops to ticket you out of state.

It would be a shitton of paperwork for the cops, and they would need to prove that you were some kind of danger. Since you were brakes checking him (not that he didn't fucking deserve it) he can ping you with dangerous driving.

He knew he was in the wrong, so he let you go, don't be fucking brake checking cops.
>>
>>675374742
its both legal and understandable. You must have been in the left lane. No matter how much you get pissed off "Brake cheking" and asshole driving is illegal. He could have made a citizens arrest. Road rage is not worth it. Next time just let him pass. Only 16 year olds think their driving reflects on their manhood. I bet you were doing stupid shit to get pulled over.
>>
>>675375159
Break checking 'hard' is pretty illegal.
>>
>>675376718
he passes info to the local state cop it works the same way for different county cops just adds paperwork it really comes down to money the place where the crime took place gets the money so not worth the out of states time
>>
cops on some stupid shit tho
>>
>>675377275
Good point.

OP, if you were pulling that shit in the left lane, the cop should have raped you and left your mutilated corpse strung up on the side of the road as a warning to others
>>
>>675377463
Probably one of the most truthful answers here. If there's no profit to be made, why fuck with it?
>>
>>675374742
Were you in left lane? You know, like an asshole.
>>
>>675376515

I'm reading it now and I'm still not understanding how he can just pull me over like that

>>675377230

I didn't know he was a cop the car was unmasked

Plus even when I've had cops behind me they aren't literally inches away tailgating me when they can EASILY go the fuck around. I was going 70 mph flat so its not like I was driving slow as fuck and in the way either.
>>
>>675374742
I'm a Deputy Sheriff in Pa. What law did you break? The left lane is not for driving. Slammed on your brakes hard (Reckless). If he was in your state on official business the stop is legal. If he would have wanted to be a dick he could have held you there and called a local cop to come and handle the ticket. Don't ride in the left, don't be an ass.
>>
>>675374742
You are the faggot.
You should have moved over when you saw someone coming in hot.
Unlike you he probably had somewhere to go.
>>
>>675377275

It doesn't matter, I wasn't driving slow plus there wasn't even heavy traffic so I'm not even in the way. When that happens I just go the fuck around and cut them off like a normal human being, not fucking tailgate them for a full goddamn mile

And citizens arrest my ass on what charge?
>>
>>675374742
cops can do whatever they want dumbass
>>
>>675378169
>Don't ride in the left
This really needs to be made a capital felony.
>>
>>675377888
I know the CALEA and other websites are a little filled with legalese jargon, but if you sift it down, you see phrases like "even if we don't have an agreement, we work closely with other agencies" meaning that if they want to make a stop, they can. All they need to do is make the local authority aware and have them come out with them.
>>
>>675377462

And tailgating is legal all of a sudden?

>>675378169

I'm in NJ

He didn't say he just asked why I didn't move, that's road rage, blah blah blah EVEN THO HES TAILGATING ME FOR NO FUCKING REASON AND COULD HAVE JUST WENT AROJND AND PASSED ME

And normally I don't even drive in the left lane but I was going 70 on cruise control so I was passing most people anyway, but when I saw him tailgating me I said fuck it and stayed in that lane
>>
>>675378837
>And tailgating is legal all of a sudden?
Oh so two wrongs now make a right?

Get the fuck out of the fast lane nigger
>>
Sounds like you're just an asshole dude.
>>
>>675375370
Holy shit, KopTek.
>>
>>675378169
Attorney fag here. Depends on the state. Typically state legislatures don't pass laws allowing out of state police of any type to make routine traffics stops. There are acceptions for hot pursuit but this doesn't seem the case. By he fact that he didn't write a ticket suggests he had no authority besides being a dick. Should have called the state police and followed him. He probably committed a crime because he was outside his authority.
>>
>>675378689
No shit dude. It's a major way accidents happen

.>>675378324
It doesn't matter how fast you're going. If you're not passing a car you don't stay in the left.
>>
>>675378689
Wouldn't be that bad of a law.

Shit would get done.
>>
>>675378837
Oompa loompa gobbledy doo, life isn't fair it's sad but it's true....
>>
>>675379022
This guy knows his shit
>>
>>675378837
You can't pass on the right. He wouldn't have been tailgating if you would have been obeying the traffic laws.

>>675379022
Are you really an attorney? From what state?
>>
>>675378250

Obviously not if hes tailgating me when he didn't need too and then pulls me over

>>675379084

Already stated I was passing most people anyway
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 268x265) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 268x265
>>675379152
This made me kek
>>
>>675379557
Where you actively passing people while he was behind you?
>>
>>675379517

So that gives him the right to break the law by tailgating

Ya that really makes fucking sense
>>
>>675379557
Perhaps to teach you a lesson, but idiots usually never learn.
>>
>>675379815

Ya I was that's why I got in it to begin with

Only reason I stayed is because he was being a dick and tailgating me more and more
>>
>>675379868

If the lesson was that cops can be dumb assholes early as fuck in the morning and fuck up your mood, ya I knew that already
>>
so he had an 'undercover' cop car
did he show a badge or anything? any proof that he was an officer? any motherfucker could buy a set of blue/red lights off ebay. especially considering how weird he was acting, i'd say that you weren't pulled over by an actual cop, bud
>>
>>675379557
you know what, fuck this remark>>675379815
You don't break check. That's why he really stopped you. Shit is dangerous. Again, everything I was taught is that if you are out of your jurisdiction but on duty and have a legal reason for being there and you see a major or dangerous violation you are well within your rights to stop someone. You hold them, call for a local unit, explain the situation and then let them handle it. I have seen this done twice in my time in Law enforcement, just over 2 years.
>>
>>675379833
Lol OP you sound like the saltiest privileged white child

You were driving like a piece of shit. Sure he shouldn't have tailgated you, but the left lane is for passing, dipshit. I drive in the left often as well because I'm usually going well over the speed limit, but when someone is coming in hot behind me, I change lanes. Why? Because it's common fucking courtesy, and the way the world works

Stop crying and learn to drive
>>
>>675379833
No I'm not saying that tailgating is right.
>>
>>675379022

Attorney fag here.
>acceptions
>>
>>675380286
I'd say he was. Id say he was being an asshole and got pulled over by an out of state cop. How many of you fags would actually have the balls to impersonate a cop? None? thats right. OP was probably being a dick.
>>
>>675380286
This is a good point too.
>>
>>675379993
You still don't get it. If your NOT PASSING. Get over. The very second your not passing anybody GET IN THE TRAVEL LANE. My state is cracking down on assholes riding the passing lane the whole time without passing anyway and just using it to go fast and it's a 150$ ticket for improper use of the highway.
>>
In every state there is a chapter of traffic violations codes. I'm in nc so mine is NCGS-20. idk the exact one but there should be one referencing following to closely. It was his fault and for the most part an unlawful stop as far is a can tell by what you wrote. Probably why he didn't give you a ticket. He was out of his jurisdiction and wrong for stopping you in the first place.
>>
>>675380717
This guy is right. You can try and justify it all you want but at the end of the day you were wrong.
>>
>>675380621
man i know a guy irl that does that shit. it's really not that hard to do. you realize how gullible people become if you pull up behind them with lights, even if you're not in a cop car and uniform. most people are too stupid to even ask for a badge or ID of some sort, they just worry about the fact that they might have done something wrong to get pulled over.

OP, unless you recall him having some legitimate proof he's an officer he wasn't an actual cop. because from the way he was driving it doesn't sound like he was, and that he was doing this shit on purpose
>>
>>675380286

He had a badge on his chest and he was in one of those casual uniforms, so I'm pretty sure he was legit

I'm guessing he was coming from the city but again, I didn't even notice he was out of state until he drove away

>>675380331

So tailgating is perfectly fine then?

>>675380333

Again I already said I was passing people hence why I got in that lane in the first place. How about you stop being a dumbass and actually read the thread?

>>675380507

Ya you are if you're making excuses for it
>>
>>675380717
Is this georgia by chance?
>>
>>675380816
When an accident is almost caused due to break checking and the officer has a legal reason for being where he is there is nothing wrong with stopping the car. Why don't people understand this?
>>
>>675378837
Lots of people have said it already, but in NJ it is illegal to just drive in the left lane.
>>
This OP is the biggest butt hurt faggot I've ever seen. He came here just to ask if it was legal, got his answer. But is still trying to justify himself.
>>
>>675381178
No, I'm really not saying it's ok. I'm making no excuses for it either. I'm just telling you why it happened. You were riding in the left which you shouldn't have been doing. That's all, that doesn't make tailgating right.

>>675380621
That shit happens more than you would think.
>>
>>675381395

Its also illegal to tailgate

And again I was passing people the only reason I stayed in the lane is because he kept tailgating me for no reason. Are you in fucking high school that you can't comprehend that? For fucks sake how many times do I have to repeat myself
>>
>>675381178
Tripsfag again. I've read this whole thread lol. I'm saying it doesn't matter if you got in because you were passing. I'm saying if someone is coming up behind you in the left lane, unwad your blood soaked panties, use them to wipe your salty tears, suck it the fuck up, and get out of their way nigger
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.