[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Got hospitalized in a mental institution 2 days ago. Bored af
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4
File: Everyone stay back!.jpg (27 KB, 415x345) Image search: [Google]
Everyone stay back!.jpg
27 KB, 415x345
Got hospitalized in a mental institution 2 days ago. Bored af ask me anything. I'll be here for about a hour
Also a mental health thread
>>
>>675281031
Last year I spent a month in the ICU of a psych ward, hoooooooly shit was I bored.
First thing I did when I got put into GP was sign out for 10 minutes to buy smokes.
Worst part about it? Wasted 3 weeks of Runescape membership
>>
>>675281303
I feel ya
>>
>>675281031
Is it nice?
>>
>>675281738
The food sucks. the People suck. The only nice thing are the computers
>>
How'd they let you get a phone in? You with visitors or something?
>>
>>675281921
computers
>>
>>675281912

You get computers? Mine didnt have shit to do.
>>
>>675282049
Yhea we got 4
>>
>>675282031
Yeah posted right before seeing that. Cool they had computers. Mine had absolutely nothing as far as tech or outside contact
>>
>>675282031
When I was in ICU they had a tv in a plexiglass case and that was it.
I did sneak my phone in and snapped some photos of my room but they confiscated it.
GP had 2 monitored computers that had a 15 minute timer on it, mostly for patients to find a place to live on release.

Lucky sob
>>
>>675281912
Can you bring a laptop, or do you have to use their computers. Been close to being admitted before, but not having a laptop or something scared the hell out of me.
>>
>>675281031

can't have been that bad if you've got access to a computer
>>
>>675281031
What are you in for, OP?
Also, what the hell is an ultra violent lamp?
>>
>>675282174
Yeah, thats the same as mine, only had board games or paper and crayons, not pens or pencils cause you could use those to kill yourself with.
>>
>>675281031
Bullshit. You don't have access to internet at those facilities.
>>
>>675282342
Depends.
Once you're in GP they typically don't mind you having electronics, you're deemed not an immediate risk at that point.
If you're in an ICU you don't get shit.
>>
>>675282219
Also no visitation and phones?

>>675282219
The computers here have 1 hour timers
>>
>>675282488

you do if you go in for bullshit like acute depression

This is the My little pony kids go, the edge lords and the emos who were dumped there by parents who can't handle their bullshit anymore, not the people with real medical mental disorders
>>
>>675282416
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultraviolet
>>
>>675282416
I lost my shit during a psychosis

Its a typo
>>
>>675282513
Visitation could be set up by appointment, your loved ones had to set up a time.
You'd be taken to a room that had an entrance from the ICU and another into GP, it was guarded at all times.

Phones were given if you could convince them you needed it, and you were monitored.
I'll post what my room liked like in a bit, don't have the original images so having to download them from my profile.
>>
>>675282816
I can get acute depression being bullshit, but psychosis can't be, right?
>>
>>675282513
http://imgur.com/a/oNsLd
Caged windows, locked cabinet, no electrical socket, old radiators, literally read their "Your rights when being treated" booklet for entertainment.

Don't get sectioned /b/ro's, shits not fun.
>>
>>675283084
If you ask me it isn't bullshit.
>>
>>675283198
That shit look terrible. Lucky I m better of then
>>
>>675283084
>>675283295

Acute depression isn't put on, people get depressed, but what isn't normal is needing to go to the hospital to deal with it, or is it a good idea to go to the hospital to deal with it.

Depression cannot be resolved by surrounding yourself with other depressed people. In fact it is known that surrounding yourself with depressed people makes you more depressed.
>>
>>675283629
Ah yeah, sorry for that. I understand that clinical depression is a real thing.
>>
>>675283629
If you're deemed a risk to yourself or others then psychiatric help can go from an option to mandatory.

You wouldn't believe some of the people that were in ICU with me, but being there was actual helpful in a way.
The stress of life was lifted, my needs were met and help was offered.

Some people need help forced on them.
>>
File: aaaa.png (2 MB, 1562x984) Image search: [Google]
aaaa.png
2 MB, 1562x984
>>675283785

I came into this thread to troll but you're being too reasonable for me to do so... and so I share some of my own experience.

I too have been to mental hospitals and in far more serious situations than OP but even after all that, I am convinced that going to these places should be a last resort

I'm not proud of it, i'm disgusted by what I've done to myself and those around me. Mental illness is not cool, funny, hip or edgy, its fuckedup and it fucks your life up.

Stay out of those places man. they're not good for you. They're where you go if you're this close to killing yourself, not because you're feeling down

PIC related
OC.
>>
when i was admitted i'd just read books all day. no computers and there was one tv behind some murky plastic coating.

the food wasn't that bad but it could definitely have been better.

i was there for 2 weeks...i just read and took like 6 showers a day. i don't know why they think putting people in them places is good. i was often agitated due to people checking up on me and at meal times you had to sit in a room with all the other people which just put me on edge.

the beds weren't comfortable either...they were basically gym mats and a cotton duvet thing which was about as thick as a plank of wood.

fuck them places.
>>
>>675283957
Yeah I guess it's always up to the person with his personality, and not the personality you're superimposing on him.
>>
>>675283957

See above post...

I'm well aware of the consequences of mandatory mental health hospitals are like ..
>>
>>675284153
Ey man, good to know that you're better now.
>>
>>675283957
I always thought about letting me be admitted and one of the biggest reasons was getting help and no stress. But I didn't because there wouldn't be a way back
>>
File: Yeeeeeep.jpg (25 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Yeeeeeep.jpg
25 KB, 640x480
>>675284153
>They're where you go if you're this close to killing yourself
Pretty much, and when I've been at that point I refused all help.

Note: Nurse had to stick her fingers in the wounds to dig blood clots out.
Weirdest thing EVER seeing someones finger under your skin.
>>
>>675284164
The food I got was actually pretty dank compared to what I'd been eating prior to being sectioned.
Second night in I got Shepards Pie, shit was dope.
>>
>>675284458
what do you mean there wouldn't be a way back?

after you're not there anymore life goes as normal. jobs don't even look deep enough to care, the hospital doesn't interfere with anything ever again unless you're on meds or you seek their help.

that is what it's like in the uk anyway. once you're out, you're out...just don't expect to leave at your own free will...the best way to get out is to stay in and just go with the flow.
>>
>>675284546
Jesus Christ. It always makes me wonder at what point the cutting begins. I've always been at a balanced point of happy and sad. Hopefully you're better now as well.
>>
>>675284735
I know that but at the time it was different
>>
>>675284546
Sort yourself out you fucking mental cunt. What's the actual point in sitting there cutting up your leg ?
>>
File: Karambit.jpg (8 KB, 274x206) Image search: [Google]
Karambit.jpg
8 KB, 274x206
>>675284811
That was after a bad argument with a now ex, took this to my arm in a blind rage.
Was getting better until a few months ago, still receiving some help from a mental health team but considering asking to be admitted again.
>>
>>675284631
there was one good day which was turkey and stuffing which didn't taste like it'd been reheated 20 times before given to us. and i think they brought some chocolate desert thing from the shop because theirs burnt or something so it was a great fucking day tbh.

i had shepards pie one day but it was uneatable. every second mouthful was bits of hard meat and the mash was near burnt.

guess it depends were you go lol
>>
>>675281031
I spent about 6 months locked up going from one hospital to another to a halfway house then finally home. I was only 17 when that started and I was forced injections with a court order, I got really mad about that.
The mental health system is totally fucked, they take every little thing you do and warp and twist it into some sort of symptom of psychosis, those places really numb you and suck the life out of you. After I got out I was still on a court order for meds and I was basically a husk.

Eventually I got out and now I got ssi too so that worked out.
>>
>>675285066
you still love her, right? i know i do. i did the same thing and this was over 3 years ago.

i've learnt to live with it, though.
>>
>>675285237
Gotta feel bad for the kitchen staff of hospitals.
They typically go through culinary schooling to be chefs, but end up working in a place that requires them to make vast amounts of bland food.

They can't make things too spicey or anything because it's for hundreds/thousands of people, so they have to just make something edible by all.
>>
>>675284811

>>675284153 here

for me it began as a curiosity when I was about 13-

I was always overwhelmed by my thoughts and I felt like the whole world was screaming all the time, even when I closed my eyes, and my only escape was to concentrate on something, something that took all of my attention at once. For me that was playing with my skin.

I used to draw shit on it constantly and it would hurt a little and it felt good. I moved onto gripping pine cones in my hands as hard as I could in order to silence the noise, then stabbing my legs with rosebush thorns etc..

then it turned to knives. Slow cutting at first, but eventually even that stopped being enough, and so you move onto slashing yourself...and that's when the wounds start to rapidly become worse
>>
>>675285408
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK no.
Bitch cheated on me with some 30-40 year old downs looking cunt she met at a bar.
Brought it up to me like she thought I'd be okay with it.
>>
>>675285258
when i was there i loved the drugs. i knew i was there for the long haul so i just took em so i could get high whilst i was there.

asked for sleeping pills even though i had no trouble sleeping just so i could sleep for a long time to pass the time also.

idk why people are always to avoidant of taking drugs in these places. might aswell, you're staying there regardless for how long they think is necessary.
>>
>>675285570
I never got the pain as a distraction, as odd as it feels to say, I wish that's what I got out of it.
The bleeding is what helped me, so I've done some serious damage to my nerves.
>>
>>675285570
Fuck man.
>>
>>675285838

I'm kind of glad I was able to put that shit to a stop when I did. at the time I was moving onto burning myself
>>
>>675285486
There was this really nice staff member, who would always interact with the others, was always happy and smiling. She was like an angel gliding about the place making conversation, singing and dancing...I was honestly fixated at some points and found myself smiling.

Sometimes the other people would be mean to her, for example she came into the smoking room and asked if anybody wants anything from the shop downstairs, and one of them said 'yes some cigs and make it fast bitch' and everyone in their laughed.

After I ate lunch (she also cooked) I saw her walking down the hallway, so I caught up to her and told her that her cooking was great and that I really appreciate the time she takes to make everyone else happy. She lit up and hugged me and went along down the hall singing to herself.

On my last day there, she came up to me whilst I had my bags in hand and told me that she is still grateful for the compliment I gave her which was a few weeks back, and told me she was feeling down that day and it focused her back up.

Hope she is still as happy as she is.
>>
I've managed to stop, I tried it again recently but only had razor blades.
They cut differently to knives so I didn't get the effect that I wanted, not bothered since.

Pretty much just letting myself waste away now.
Congrats on beating it though, self harm is a crutch that you can become so dependent on.
>>
>>675286261
Awww, such feels.

When I got released into GP I started going to the morning coffee groups.
They discussed news, personal stuff, etc.
I'm not a people person so I just sat in the back and drank my coffee.

One of the staff started talking about an old woman that complained he gave her too much information on medication she had to take.
Wanted him fired for telling her the side effects.

I spoke up saying "There's no such thing as too much information when it comes to these things, it's always better to know what you're being given and to understand what can happen"

He thanked me later on in the day and bought me some chocolate on his lunch break.
>>
>>675286040

>>675286317
^ This was directed at you
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.