[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok /b/. What do you think of the idea that our universe might
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
Ok /b/. What do you think of the idea that our universe might be a giant matrix. All and everything mathematical formulas. The idea that we might be traped either in a machine or our own brain.
What about dejà vu's? Moments we are unsure whether they are real or just illusion? What about the fact that we can dream? Dreams are totally fucked things scientists still aren't sure how they come to live and what their meaning is.
I'm interested of what you guys think about our world, maybe the whole universe. Do you think it is possible to crack the matrix, or to find a way to get out of all this? What exactly is reality?

Tl;dr
Is universe a matrix, what is real what illusion? Your perception of the world
>>
>>674984892

Yes, and the sustainer of this Matrix is what we call God.
>>
>>674984892
I think so, or kind of. I work in metallurgy, and when you see the world at a microscopic level, it's easy to see the order the universe is built on. Everything big is a big version of something small.
>>
>>674984892

Damn op, didn't have as much to say on the topic as I expected.
>>
>>674985881
I hate it when threads like this die, I really like hearing about this stuff.
>>
>>674985215
Yeah bro. I sometimes thing about the same idea that small things to us are relativly small and we are not capable yet to understand how exactly all is built.
>>
>>674986214

Alright you are not OP?
>>
>>674987064
This is op.
>>
>>674987064

I have been on a holy grail quest for this knowledge and I have pieced together some cool stuff so far.

Math and particle physics converge.
>>
>>674986214
He's not op. I am.
Yeah same here bro. I started the thread to receive some philosophical food for the brain. I like to talk about stuff like this.
>>
>>674987422
>>674987949

Okay. Glad we're back on track.

So math/numbers, chemistry, and quantum mechanics all meld together on a metaphysical level.

This is symbolized / foretold in Genesis 1:1-2 and Revelation. The latter part being particularly confusing for me because I am a reconstructionist Jew. But it appears that that text is also divinely inspired.

I highly recommend looking into Kabbalah.
>>
>>674987561
Could you share your ideas so far, maybe easy understandable
>>
>>674987949

Actually, I am not that dude. Not sure he is with us.

I'm >>674988305
>>674987561
>>674985881
>>674985091
>>674987083

You can call me Al.
>>
>>674988305
I know a little about kabbala, but fo you think the universe is based on religion? It's a hard question but to find the truth we have to question everything in my opinion. There has to be a origin of everything, unlesd time is a illusion. But that brings gorth new questions.
>>
>>674988549

The universe was created in order to create Man. It was created by God so that God could have a dwelling place (i.e., Man) in the physical world we shall call the Creation.

Most people who post photos of galaxies probably tune out after that. Let me know if you are willing to accept these premises.
>>
>>674989436
Sorry about the mistakes. It's hard to write on handy. Still OP here.
>>
>>674989436

I'm not sure what you mean when you say time is an illusion, so I don't know whether I think it is or it is not. Depending on your definition, maybe.

God definitely created the universe in reverse. So we are traveling along a deterministic path.
>>
>>674989519
Well my friend, the problem is that even I accept a god being responsible gor all the creation, I still wonder about what is behind God. Now, this is a tricky idea since "man" shouldn't ask that, but I wonder what's the pure origin and idea.
>>
DMT
>>
Al, you still here?
>>
I have deja vu quite frequently. To the point that I can picture faces of people I've never seen before they appear in front of me, and I can predict 5 or so actions or small things that they do before they do them. Or predict whole sentences or conversations before they happen. I've also noticed I can be psychic on a very small level, like predict someone's thoughts exactly, but this isn't deja vu, just a strong feeling, like I already know. But with a deja vu event I know it's a "memory". So what's going on? Did I have this dream before? Have I lived this life before? Or am I just somehow psychic randomly? I wish I had an explanation. Recently a lady asked me for a cigarette and I gave her one, then she offered me a free palm reading. I've always thought that stuff is bullshit but I let her. She told me I was an indigo child, I had no idea what it meant at the time but it freaked me out and I thanked her and walked away. Now that I've looked into it I believe I am one, and I'm not the kind if person to be like yay thats me I'm so special! More often than not, it is an inconvenience for me to be so sensitive, or look into things so deeply. I've always had trouble truly connecting with people. There are maybe 5 people that I feel think like me. Anyone have anything on this subject? Or just thoughts. I've also seen my uncles ghost and "heard" his thoughts. It wasn't in my ear but like he put his thought directly into my brain, but I knew it was him. By the way my friend that does not believe in ghosts saw my uncle as well, and it spooked him the fuck out
>>
>>674990252

There is nothing "behind" God.

God exists for the same reason that the concept of the number 1 or 5 exists. And for the same reason that infinity occurs whether counting up or dividing down (1/X, where X approaches infinity). God could not go away if God wanted to.
>>
>>674989519
You believe God lives in all of us? What sbout people of pure evil? What happened to them?
do you think he wants or makes us behave a certain way? Or do we have free will?
>>
>>674990600

Yes dubs brother, I am here. >>674991177
>>
>>674991252
You assume God has no evil inside him, may not be so. Could be just as conflicted as the rest of us. Maybe he created universe so that we could find the meaning of life for him.

Could you imagine? We finally speak with God and he has no fucking clue either?
>>
>>674990775
Bro, OP here. That stuff about sometimes having dejà vu's and predicting actions or conversations with some people. I experience exactly the same stuff. I also wonder if I have seen the exact same situation before, whether I dreamt it before or seen it in real. At this point I'm quite irratated about "reality". The stuff about ghosts, I had never experienced that, but in the village I'm from there are lot of people claiming to have seen ghosts. Weird stuff in this weird world I guess.
>>
>>674991252

Human beings are like multiple instances of the same application running on a computer.

We are flesh and blood, however. And we are much more complicated than a computer program. But like a computer program, there can be bad installs, there can be corrupted files, there can be poor initial set up so that create bad database layouts.

God is everywhere, because God is not specifically anywhere. No human has yet to lead a life that would constitute perfection in the eyes of God. That is why we all die.

Eventually, that will come to an end. Our increase in scientific understanding, this is part of our ascent to knowing God. Only part, but still part.
>>
>>674991733
You're right I have always assumed he was good. Thank you for opening my eyes man. I always try to be open minded but I never even considered that
>>
>>674991733
OP here
>Implying there's a god.
Why should a faggot create beings questioning his reality and power? That's why I don't think there is the One. It would be too easy to believe. I think there is big and complex idea of our creation or evolution or whatever you guys call it.
>>
>>674991733

Al here. You are thinking of God like it is a limited person, when this is incorrect.

All we really know about God is that it has always existed, it will always exist, and it is responsible for everything that exists.

You must remember that if we are really talking about God here, you are necessarily talking about a force that is greater than the entire universe itself.
>>
>>674992591

You know not what you speak.
>>
Where are the philosophers? We need more free-minded people here
>>
>>674991751
Since the ghost thing I am absolutely convinced in some sort of afterlife. I'm not super religious, I don't subscribe to any one belief but I am convinced there is a creator. My uncle died a tortured soul, an alcoholic of liver failure at 43. He was like a father to me, and I prayed more than I have ever prayed for anything that he go to a better place. I don't know why but I knew he was still wandering. Like even if heaven or wherevers gates were open he felt like he didn't deserve that. When I saw him he "told" me that he was ok, I shouldn't worry and that he was moving on. Most meaningful experience in my life by far
>>
>>674992092
Wow glad to have been interesting.

One thing I consider sometimes is that we could all be within God's mind and represent his mood. When he is in a bad mood there is more evil, when he is happy there is more good.

I am agnostic btw, but like to think about this stuff when driving.

>>674991751
OP, dreams are very strongly suspected to be residues of our brains categorising and organisong the days experiences.

Imagine the mind is full of boxes; when asleep we file things in those boxes. Opening some boxes lead us to remember things in the,mand they blur together with things from the day.

Combine that with leftover partially subconscious emotion (fear or lust) from each day and you get dreams, incorporating old, new, and modified by emotion.

Source: i am a spanish psychologist specilising in psychotherapy
>>
>>674984892
When the big bang happened, atoms were spawned into the universe. We are some of those atoms that have traveled across the universe. We are a part of the universe, everything is. We are merely the universe observing itself.
>>
>>674993482
I'm the guy that never considered god had evil in him. And the guy that saw his uncles ghost. I absolutely believe in some higher being or creator, as well as an afterlife, but I'm agnostic in the way that I have no idea what that exactly means for us
>>
>>674992591
Nah I don't believe there is a god, but the thread seemed to be working under that assumption so I went with it for the thought exercise.

>>674992754
>a force greater than the universe
Why? As humans we can create things larger and more powerful than us. Only stands to reason that a more advanced entity could do at least that much. Just as a man can build a house, could a god not build a universe to inhabit, and companions to keep him entertained?
>>
>>674993582

Al here.

>We are merely the universe observing itself.

This is correct, minus the word "merely." Because this is the process by which God created Man.

Food for thought: imagine how differently you would feel about the world if you knew with 100% certainty that there was or was not intelligent life anywhere else in the Universe.

Show me a real alien and I will update my suspicions.
>>
>>674994041

Why do you think anything Man has created is greater than Man himself?

Do you know how to create an organism with a brain that is self replicating?

Didn't think so.

And anything we create is simply a derivative of what God created. And if the God that we are talking about is just another entity inside of a God that is bigger, then that's the God that I'm talking about.
>>
>>674993482
Yeah I knew all that about dreams, because I wrote a paper about dreams and lucid dreaming. Still I'm thankful for the short info.
I'm still wondering because lot people take them as a religious sign. Scientifically it's what you explained. And still I wonder whether there might be more behind dreams since I had a few lucid dreams. Not a religious but hidden meaning, you know.
>>
>>674994172
Okay, well consider how unimaginably large the universe is. They could be at the same stage as us, maybe even further behind. Some planets could still have neanderthals dwelling in caves. A large "structure" was found really close to a star, could be other life.

Even with the telescopes we have now, it's too hard to see everything to the best scale. But who's to say we haven't already had contact?

it's nice to always remember that we, as a race, are still so naive about what is the "real" truth.
>>
>>674994172
Idk I've seen a silver cigar flying with no wings, no propulsion visible, and I got the strongest feeling like they were watching me and knew I saw them. It started to speed up and sped up at such an inredible rate, like warp speed in fiction. Gone over the 20 or so miles of sky I could see in maybe a second. It's possible that it is some human craft that's top secret, but I really really doubt it
>>
>>674994502
So you are religious Al?

Greater is too vague a word. We can create things more powerful, stronger, better. And women give birth to selfreplicating brains on a daily basis :)
>>
>>674984892
Kill someone. Get caught. You'll have a lot of time to perceive if the cell and buttrape are real.
>>
besides the fact big bang didnt happen.

Anyway i think no man has the intelligence to really understand true "beeing" and existance of himself, we cant go beyond ourselves.
...so we make up possible solutions depending on our beliefs
>>
>>674993482

>When he is in a bad mood there is more evil, when he is happy there is more good.

This is backwards. It's more like the rotisserie cooker that you see on TV. Set it and forget it.

With only very minor exceptions, God has no ability to interfere with our world. God has to rely / is relying on us to finish the Creation. It has to work this way.

We see this premise symbolized in Genesis 26 (#?) with the story of Jacob's ladder. Where angels were going up and down. Not down and up. This is symbolic that our actions determine how much good and bad exists on Earth.

Imagine if everyone stopped engaging in bad acts and only engaged in good acts. No more murder, because no man committed a murder. No stealing because no man stole. No lying, infidelity, or insolence because no one committed such acts.

God does not make evil. We do. God makes tragedy. We must fix ourselves. Then all we would have to do is plan for the weather.

-Al
>>
>>674984892
Yes,read a book called "my big toe" by Tom cambell,or go look on youtube, it will blow your mind.
>>
>>674995168
op here
I knew later or sooner this autist would appear. Kek. We try to speak about what we think and ask ourselves. Btw I'm not religious and I try to question everything. But yeah, I can imagine how hard it can be in a prison to think about universe while getting beaten the shit out of you.
>>
>>674994794
Nice, sorry for preaching to the choir haha

I believe lucid dreams are partially conscious control over dreams right? What you seem to be talking about are premonition dreams. Problem is dreams are usually stored in our subconscious for a while before we forget them, and we remember them when we experience something related or similar. So if we dream 100 things and the next day one of them happens, that is the thing we will remember dreaming. And chances are one day we will coincidentally dream something that does happen. Add that to our subconscious picking up cues that we consciously miss, and we have dreams that are more esucated guesses than predictions all the time.

Not ruling out being psychic, just that apllying occams razor on what science and paychology tells us seems to do that for me

>>674994872
Given size of the universe its possible that there is life elsewhere, not necessarily grey men or how we imagine it though. And intelligence is so subjective.

>>674995272
Wut
>>
>>674995665
Retarded/10
God gave us the concept of morality. He created good and evil. Derp.
>>
>>674994872

I recognize that new information would change my assessment slightly, but only to the extent that we can admire our own physical form. I would nonetheless feel that a creator made us. Now if we were Prometheus experiments, some panspermia thing, that would be really frustrating to deal with.

I am fine with where I stand on these probabilities. And you should think about that too.

>>674994918

This, my friends, is religious magical thinking.
>>
>>674995272
Virtual simulation.
>>
>>674995933
i dont agree with everything Al says but giving someone free will doesnt mean you create their choices for them.

>>674995665
Never had the patience for scriptures but love to speak with people who have, thanks for the insight man. I don't agree with everything but love to consider everything so keep at it
>>
>>674990775
go look for syncronicity and carl jung, dwell in the spiral friend
>>
>>674996137
Religious magical thinking?,what are you trying to say? I imagined this? I don't know if this is sarcasm or not. I'm not religous, and I am always a logical thinker and a skeptic. I do try to keep an open mind but I know what I saw, I can't explain it and I don't go around telling people this
>>
>>674995933

Only in the most indirect sense possible. Remember we evolved from mud. And jealousy is a powerful evolutionary trait.
>>
>>674990775

In the past I've had dreams that ended up becoming future events basically the same way that it played out in the dream. But the thing is that I wouldn't remember that I had dreamed until the event was actually happening in real life, and even then I would only remember the events of the dream as they happened. Not deja vu. I had only dreamed the event before it came to pass.
It doesn't really happen anymore now that I'm older. And now that I'm older I don't really even dream most of the time, whereas I used to have dreams almost every night. Or at least, I can't remember having dreams most of the time.
>>
>>674995933
how can you be certain about good and wrong when theres nietzsche
>>
>>674995933
theres no right or wrong, they are fabrics of your mind there is compassion however
>>
>>674996781

I was not being sarcastic. You know what I am trying to say. I said it. You are engaging in fantastical thought.

You say you know what you saw, but then you say you can't explain it. So you don't know what you saw. You're jumping to conclusions.

Rather, you are entertaining fictional ideas for no reason other than your own pride preventing you from accepting that you did not know how to place explainable phenomena into an existing schema.

>>674996332

Haven't read it all. And the most interesting stuff is in Genesis. In particular, Chapter 1 and 2. Then 1-20 or so. Beyond that, I don't necessarily recommend spending much time on it. Just do unto others.

-Al
>>
>>674993582
>>674984892
I have been thinking about this a lot recently.
I think that we are the awareness of the universe, and have began small and expand. Just like the universe its self constantly expanding, that is the human race. We started as a single pair and now the whole earth, soon the galaxy and then beyond. When the whole universe is in humans control, we play God. We become God. We are God and we are the Universe. The only constant and meaning is growth.
>>
>>674995829
You know I've read one english and one german scientific book about lucid dreams. The first one, Stephen Laberge could even prove lucid dreams are real. He was able to measure eye signs, left right movement since the eyes move in rem-sleep when we dream, made by the dreamer they had planned before together.
You should read that book, has some pretty impressive information. Well, he said that it is possible to interact with our inner self and find a lot out about ourself by talking to our subconscious. I really recommend his book: the world of lucid dreaming, and it is definitly worth to learn how to lucid dream.
>>
>>674997678
Good stuff Al, although you could do with being a bit more accepting of others' views (even when theyre wrong). Am off to sleep, was nice talking to you. :)

Same goes to ghostyuncle guy and OP. The rest of you can fuck off.
>>
>>674998198
Lucid dreams are 100% real and awesome - my theories were about premonition dreams.

Will check that book out, thanks!

Gnight all
>>
>>674998220

I was an atheist until 19, at which point I had a religious experience. It's okay to dismiss incorrect information.

Goodnight.

-Al
>>
>>674997678
So what's your explanation for the phenomena? And how am I entertaining fictional ideas? I do believe it could possibly be a human top secret craft, but that technology looked to be something far beyond modern human capability. My belief is it was another life form, or a human craft from the future. I can't see any other reasonable explanation, what about this us fantastical thought? Are you that close minded to tell me we are the only intelligent life? If God created us to help him understand, who's to say he didn't try it in another place?
>>
>>674998596
But not incorrect people. Accept others and all that is prob in the scriptures somewhere? Should be. I told them to put it in there

TWIST

OK really leaving now
>>
>>674997319
do you now smoke weed by chance? i do not dream when i have smoked
>>
>>674997319
Also a must-do thing to beginn lucid dreaming: start to write down your dreams by using a dream diary. Start with little notes until you can remember more and more with detail. You will see that with time you'll remember your dreams as you did before. Don't think we can't dream because it is proven that we dream 3-5 times for 7-8 hours of sleep, but with time you remember less because brain concentrates and remembers the more important information. I tried it and I could remember more details and dreams at all after some practise.
>>
>>674997319
Do you smoke cannabis? I find it really hinders my dream recall, and makes lucid dreaming extremely rare. If I stop for a few weeks they come back like clockwork every time
>>
>>674998220
Appreciate, gn n8 mate.

-OP
>>
>>674998451
Ah sorry for mistake. Gn8
-OP
>>
>>674998934

I'm not trying to explain it. Google "hearsay" if you're wondering why I am not moved by your description of events.

>>674998988

No, you didn't. There is much work to do and listening to or humoring incorrect people is not productive.

-Al
>>
>>674998039
me again^
>>674984892
As for the Matrix, that is part of our goal i believe .
Wouldn't the perfect human form exist endlessly without physical limitation, no real physical body? If that can be done digitally and one day we will learn enough to be able to do this physically too. I'd think Avatar meets the Matrix, but you can't die, you just respawn, your mind is preserved and memory ongoing
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.