[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did anyone else for for this fucking scam? This has no reference
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 8
File: images.jpg (59 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
59 KB, 720x1080
Did anyone else for for this fucking scam?

This has no reference to the 2008 film at all. They made it seem like it did.

GG JJ, I got trolled. Take my money and choke on it you cunt.
>>
>>674706963
but it was so fucking good
>>
>>674706963
That's the point. That movie sucked, you fucking retard
>>
Movie was good, I wish they had just fucking said "it's not in the same universe as Cloverfield" before I saw it.
>>
So you can get on 4chan to complain about this, but couldn't Google the movie name before seeing it? The director made it pretty do clear that the movie takes place in the same universe but doesn't have a connecting story. Quit being a stupid entitled fuck
>>
>>674706963
Who gives a shit, delete it and move on.
>>
>>674707053
No....

>>674707143
I'm questioning it myself.
>>
Was it worth seeing my waifu, MEW?
>>
i heard it was a finished movie (not about cloverfield mind you), and then JJ just slapped his name on it to make money/make it sell.

any truth in this?
>>
>>674707206

Wiki:
"Trachtenberg stated that 10 Cloverfield Lane does not take place in the same fictional universe as Cloverfield."
>>
>>674707206
>10 CLOVERFIELD Lane
>Expect to see CLOVERFIELD at least a little bit
>my fault he named this shit after a well known blockbuster
gtfo.
>>
>>674707206
Director said it was a blood relative, not a direct sequel.. I did look it up before hand. Also that it was scrapped at 1 point then taken back over.

I wanted to beleive. And was led blindly
>>
>>674707448
call it "10 Lane" and just skip the faggotry.
>>
So does it have the same monster?
>>
>>674707592
No, the "sound" of the old monster is a fucking flesh eatting spaceship that's brought down by a single bottle of wine. That you see for 5 minutes at the end
>>
>>674707447

>Cloverfield is not the name of the monster.

>"Clover" is just a nickname.

>"Clover" was the form the attack on New York took during the invasion.

>The Cloverfield Universe is where all of this is taking place.

>Hur fucking dur what is rational thought process?
>>
>>674707720
Wait, so it's about aliens?
>>
>>674707720
thank you for saving me 15+ dollars.
if i want to watch a half assed piece of shit ill just pinch my next turd early.
>>
>>674707720
so wait, it's an alien invasion movie??
>>
>>674706963

You know if they just left out the whole "alien" shit and just left it as some sort of horror movie that took place inside of the bunker, I would've loved it. Aliens of any kind in a movie is just fucking retarded. Also, I wanted that bitch to be Goodmans little fuck toy for awhile.
>>
>>674707862
I'm not sure. You see a teeth vagina mouth slug at the end, and then 1 space ship.

For litterly no more that 6-7minutes at the end. You don't head no back story, no nothing. Jist them in the bunker.
>>
>Go see a movie about the claustrophobic psychological tension of three people stuck underground while their world crumbles around them.

>Expect a movie that takes place entirely in a bunker to have a giant monster featured prominently.

>Get an expanded scope of the attack on New York as a greater threat on a global scale.

>Still complain.

Y'all are bitches.
>>
>>674707826
you know exactly what i meant. youre just dancing around the fact that i'm right.

>inb4 you're JJ pulling damage control
>>
>>674707862

No. It's about the tension that arises from paranoia. The alien/monster/whatever is just a backdrop and justification for the plot.

Personally I think it would ahve been better if she popped out of the bunker and found out Goodman was full of sit, but the alien stuff WAS cool. It just felt like a completely different movie for the last twenty minutes.
>>
>>674707826
>>674708046
holy shit you love this movie.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-18-14-17-49-1.png (337 KB, 1080x1543) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-18-14-17-49-1.png
337 KB, 1080x1543
OP here, this is what the short description was at the cinema..

>Spiritual successor
>>
>>674708250

Yeah, I do.

I'll even admit that the last twenty or so WAS fucking weird and didn't fit. Still cool, but in an unrelated kind of way. If it had just been the bunker shit and ended with "Oh, Goodman was just lying/paranoid/kidnapping me" it would have been amazing, too.

But I like claustrophobic movies.
>>
>>674707943
kek
>>
>>674708181
would you say it's a satire of the cold war era?
or just coincidence?
>>
>>674706963
wtf was cloverfield even about. I saw it when I was young and had no idea wtf was going on
>>
>>674708536
it's godzilla with an antagonist you see a lot less.
pretty solid movie if you can get around the first person view.
>>
File: delussion personifiyed.png (1 MB, 919x483) Image search: [Google]
delussion personifiyed.png
1 MB, 919x483
>>674708424

Not cold war. Modern preppers, but there's not much of a functional difference between the two. And honestly, it comes off less as satire and more a straight indictment, which as a prepper I found a little unnecessary, but I do acknowledge there are a lot of people like Goodman in the community.

Actually, quite a few times I thought he was based directly off of Doctor Dave. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZijPrQxNy4
>>
JJ is an overrated Jew. I liked how the alien spaceship became a vagina at the end though
>>
JJ never would do a cheap scam. Except for Lost, Star Trek, Star Wars, Fringe...
>>
>>674708536
it's godzilla with a monster you see a lot less of.
pretty solid if you can get around 1st person view in movies
>>
>>674706963
Okay fucking listen up retards.
Abrams himself said its not a sequel. It's a "blood relative based in the same
Universe". If you dont understand that than you should probably fucking never procreate.
>>
I think the word cloverfield is a military term used to classify areas that experience monsters/extraterrestrial phenomenons. The area of bombed New York is designated clover field. And the house where the alien goes is called clover field. Other wise was an ok movie.
>>
I don't really know what I was expecting from this movie.
The whole kidnapping thing just made me feel uncomfortable.
I was expecting more action and horror.
Maybe if the kidnapper wasn't a good Samaritan and was more of a sadistic psychopath it would'e been more interesting.
The movie was decent if you didn't include the alien bit, and it felt like they shoved that in at the last second to somehow resemble the 2008 Cloverfield movie in a shady attempt to boost sales.
>>
>>674708684
>>674708787
i doubled posted. i have failed you anon.

ill just see myself out.
>>
>>674706963
So is he crazy or is he actually helping, spoil it for me, I'm never going to watch it.
>>
>>674708536
its like godzilla but you see the monster a lot less. Not a bad movie if you're familiar with the first person perspective.
>>
>>674708908
>>674708908
I like this theory
>>
>>674708536
similar to godzilla with the difference that you rarely see the creature. its a good movie if you like first person.
>>
>>674708944
thought i did it again.

well played you fuck stick.
>>
>>674708943
In the beginning you think he's crazy, then it makes you think the girl is just paranoid. THEN later on you find out he IS crazy. But the aliens still existed
>>
>>674708932
>Maybe if the kidnapper wasn't a good Samaritan and was more of a sadistic psychopath it would'e been more interesting.

I'm the exact opposite. I think his belief that he's a good person, a savior, is what makes his personal brand of whacko stand out. Goodman did an amazing job making a character that was genuinely nuanced.

If he had just been a generic psycho we wind up with SAW with an alien ending. Who the fuck wants that?
>>
>>674708684
>>674708787
>>674708944
>>674709058
oh god what have i done...
>>
>>674708536
it shares a lot of similarities to Godzilla except that you don't see the monster very often. Its nice if you're okay with first person elements.
>>
>>674709082

It had some serious mind fuck to it, yeah.

At first I was all in for Goodman. Of course you chain up an unknown and injured element. That can be dange... oh. Oh. No. YOu're just fucking nuts. Got it. Moving on.
>>
>>674709082
I feel like you saved me an hour and a half of my life. Have some tits. My stupid family wants to see it, so I will probably drink through it. But thanks for confirming that it is just as shitty as I guessed it would be.
>>
>>674709194

It's a copypasta except you see the original context a lot less.
Pretty solid if you can get around the changes in grammar.
>>
>>674709402
You can make any movie sound shitty if you paraphrase it you dumb fuck. Is 4chan full of closed minded mongoloids now?
>>
>>674708943
why not anon?
You dont like torrents or what?
im gonna watchi t anyway when movie hits torrents.
russia-kun
>>
SANTA CLAUS
>>
>>674709484
Yes it is, and it always was.
>>
Haven't seen it. Felt like slapping "Cloverfield" on the title ruined a good premise. The concept of "Is there really something out there, or is he just a full of shit psycho keeping someone in a bunker and lying to them?" seemed really interesting. But then you slap "Cloverfield" on the fucking title and everyone instantly knows "Yep, they're in a bunker for a good reason."
>>
>>674709605
I remember it used to be less full of trap threads and fucktards complaining, maybe it's just the rose coloured glasses or I need to drink less.
>>
>>674709484
no we just dont follow suit and swallow any "hit" hollywood shells out regardless of the names attached.

shit movie is shit u mad
>>
File: 1458285593687.jpg (101 KB, 640x853) Image search: [Google]
1458285593687.jpg
101 KB, 640x853
>>674709402
pic related

>>674709484
>now

I will probably still watch it at some point, but I bet it sucks.

>>674709504
Oh, anon-kun I haven't paid for media since the Clinton administration. I will probably watch it at some point it just looked like shit with a one dimensional premise.

>>674709654
sofa-king much this

>>674709697
I started coming here everyday around 2010, the quality has declined. Probably due to demographics. But let's face it /b/ will never be as bad as jewbook,twatter/instafag etc.
>>
>>674709654
this. might have been interested because of Goodman alone. but slapping Cloverfield on it just makes it seem forced and not worth while. yeah im a hipster. suck my ass.
>>
>>674709918
holy shit, good for her.
>>
>>674710125
anyone know who she is?
>>
>>674709918
Been here for about...10 years, it's gone steadily downhill. And we're coming close. I don't even use fuckerturds jewbook. It makes me hate people for being stupider than a box of rocks.
>>
>>674709787
its a nice trend except that you see original stuff a lot less.

its solid, if you're used to popcorn blockbusters.
>>
>>674710258
People on facebook are worse than /b/ tards. What a sad world we live in anon.
>>
>>674710375
the movie idiocracy wasn't supposed to be guidlines, but it was.
>>
>>674709918
Oh. I see.
Well, the original cloverfield was kinda good for me... maybe this will go too.
Have a good day anon.
>>
>>674708536
Its like watching godzilla but hes only there for a few minutes. If youre okay with the camera shaking a lot because its in first person, you'll enjoy the film
>>
File: trump-back-to-the-future.0.jpg (42 KB, 764x522) Image search: [Google]
trump-back-to-the-future.0.jpg
42 KB, 764x522
>>674710607
It makes me a sad panda that old movies predict the future so accurately.

>>674710824
I pretty much hated it. It was the modern 'found footage, Blair witch' style bullshit. The narrative was lame, there was no character development. All of which don't mean much to me, but it was boring. I don't want to get motion sickness watching a fucking movie, shit is unnecessary. I also hate when 'there is some monster antagonist/force' and you never really get a good look at it. Like how signs was. Those fucking buttholes wanna play it off like they are capitalizing on the viewer's imagination, but they are just lazy cucks that can't make a legitimately scary [whatever]. If you look at horror form the 70's-80s it was so much better. It fell off in the early 90s and there have only been a dozen or so good ones since then. Clovercuck not included.
>>
>>674710288
>nice trend
>less originality
choose one. not both.
sorry to sound like a try hard. not trying to be.
not gunna lie i loved the new star wars. and i love the marvel universe movies.
but other than that its just a bunch of watered-down, rehashed, resethroganed movies.

originality should be rewarded, not pushed to the back because it doesnt appeal to the masses.

sad state of media is sad.
>>
>>674709455
naw, just my double post sticking for some reason.
i dont like it.
am i a meme?
>>
>>674711408
Slasher movies are really the best.
I've seen scream 1-4 fuckin dozens of times. Just enjoyable to throw on when I'm gaming. But any of the serial killer/slashers are just fun, even if they suck they're fun.
Cabin in the woods is always fun too
>>
>>674713245
You are young and it shows. No hate dude but you have to go back way farther than scream. That group of movies (and the copy cats) was/were pretty shitty in my opinion. Now the movies about a decade before, fucking spot on.
>>
> no reference

Good. The first was utter shit.
>>
>>674713531
Oh I know scream ain't the best they're just fun.
I've always been a fan of the older hills have eyes, the new fucking Jason movie(s) suck balls, including the new Freddy holy shit.
If we could get a proper fuckin Jason or Myers movie again I'd be happy.
And yeah I'm only 23, only in the past few years have I gotten into movies as a hobby, still got lots of older ones to catch up on.
The new maniac was decent tho
>>
>>674714138
Since I'm pretty much a cripple with all the time I want, any sites with good lists for slashers/horrors that ain't all the classics (exorcist, evil dead, etc) that I've seen 10 times?
>>
>>674714138
>Oh I know scream ain't the best they're just fun.
I mean I watched them all usually with girls/friends and yeah I enjoyed them when I was a teenager.
>I've always been a fan of the older hills have eyes, the new fucking Jason movie(s) suck balls, including the new Freddy holy shit.
Agreed
>If we could get a proper fuckin Jason or Myers movie again I'd be happy.
Fucking yes
>And yeah I'm only 23, only in the past few years have I gotten into movies as a hobby, still got lots of older ones to catch up on.
I'm 26, ironically I started methodically watching horror/zombie movies both foreign and domestic starting in the 40s when I was about 22, When I was still in college there were a few other dudes that were into it with me.
I've gone full wizard since then.

>The new maniac was decent tho
I haven't seen that I will check it out.

>>674714366
http://www.hitfix.com/news/horror-poll

Know I am not saying I like or endorse all of these but I scanned through them and there a few winners. You also have to consider the time that they were created. So what was revolutionary in 1960 is not going to be quite as shocking in 2016. But it is still enjoyable.

Also rule 200, and why are you cripple. Double points if it is obesity.
>>
>>674714935
Favorited the site thanks man
And I've always been a horror fan just never really dove into it till lately. I've been watching the French movies, those are good, livide was my most recent watch, pretty enjoyable.
And I'm a cripple thanks to genetics.
Chronic dislocations/subluxations of my hips, shoulders, ribs, knees. Nothing to see photo wise it's all internal shit.
I plan on going full wizard as well
>>
>>674714935
>60 fright night
The remake was better than I expected
>>
File: rgarggrrggars.png (969 KB, 747x784) Image search: [Google]
rgarggrrggars.png
969 KB, 747x784
>>674715330
>Favorited the site thanks man

torrent away, and try to find someone with similar interests. It's fun to watch and make fun.

>And I've always been a horror fan just never really dove into it till lately. I've been watching the French movies, those are good, l̶i̶v̶i̶d̶e̶ [livid 'no oxford'] was my most recent watch, pretty enjoyable.

I like watching foreign films they try to emulate real movies at times with mongo dopplegängers, and it makes that much funnier.

>And I'm a cripple thanks to genetics.
Chronic dislocations/subluxations of my hips, shoulders, ribs, knees. Nothing to see photo wise it's all internal shit.

>I plan on going full wizard as well

Well, at least it isn't your fault. I wish you luck on that front. What causes it, and what limitations do you have? I am not trying to be an asshole by asking I am just curious on your debilitation and how it has effected your life.

>>674715602
Ok yeah that remake was actually pretty good.
>>
>>674716019
>cause
Ehlers Danlos type 3, causes a deterioration of collagen with no fix.
>limitations
Aside from the pain? Muscle wasting while I wait for surgery to be a bandaid.
Hopefully once I get somewhat held together with joint fusion and shit I'll be a useful member of society lol
>>
File: nigger.gif (994 KB, 250x243) Image search: [Google]
nigger.gif
994 KB, 250x243
>>674716311
That's really shitty. No one deserves that. I hope you use your suffering to do something positive for yourself. After GG, you never know, you may get a re-roll. Just don't fall into the drugs. it leads to dependency/complacency and death.

On a lighter note?

Your top 3 zombie movies?
>>
>>674717147
I'm on medicinal pot and that's it so I'm good there. plus fun fact I can't take opiates, I lack an enzyme to absorb them so basically it all just gets pissed out.

We talking zombedy or full on zombie?
Cause I'd have to say
1. Dawn of the dead(85 not 04)
2. 28 days later
3 quarantine
If zombedy
1.shaun of the dead
2.zombieland
3.dead snow

Aight how bout alien movies? The thing, alien(s),predator are too obvious.
>>
>>674706963
You didn't fall for anything but your own ignorance
>>
>>674706963
After I first checked out the trailer, I had no interest in seeing the movie at all.
>>
>>674717511
god dealt you a good hand.
>not able to enjoy one of the most addicting/life ruining chemicals on earth
not an addict myself, per se. just jelly.
>>
>>674719532
We all play the hands we're dealt and can't cheat a better one so fuck it, let's just enjoy life as it is
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.