[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/b why do people believe in a fake god? He does nothing and people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 14
/b why do people believe in a fake god?
He does nothing and people say he's great and strong.
>>
>>674705376
people dont always act rationally. are you suprised?
>>
>>674706708
/thread
>>
Who says hes fake? How do we know you're right op?
>>
>>674705376
Idk maybe we have fear to failure and need something to blame for our fears
>>
>>
File: 10470677.jpg (98 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
10470677.jpg
98 KB, 400x400
>>
>>674705376
It's rooted in our evolution, some suspect the belief in an afterlife and spirit world developed when we became sapient to help us not loose our minds over the concept of death and to explain the world around us.

Also don't be a dick, let people belive what ever religion they belive in without being insulted.

It's threads like this that make me ashamed to be atheist as internet atheists are just as bad and annoying as fundimenralists.
>>
satan is not the One Infinite Creator
>>
>>674707389
>It's threads like this that make me ashamed to be atheist
so go join isis and kill the atheist infidels you hate so much, and make the world a better place
>>
File: tealc.jpg (34 KB, 319x280) Image search: [Google]
tealc.jpg
34 KB, 319x280
Fake DEAD god. Ja'ffa Kree. /thread.
>>
>>674705376
Wait we are talking about trump, right?
>>
>>674707560
Wow that's an extream reaction

I don't belive in god but I don't feel the need to insult peoples religions, and for that I should join ISIS?
>>
>>674707397
Prove it.
>>
>>674707790
>we should let people be retarded even though it greatly hinders humanity as a whole, because we dont want to hurt their feelings
>>
>>674707446
>>
>>674707768

>quote is wrong ("Dead false god.")
>filename is tealc not Teal'c
>Ja'ffa when it's Jaffa
>/threading your own post

this shitpost is the shitpost that just keeps shitting.
>>
>>674707819
I just did
>>
>>674707968
Let it be for practical reasons then

Don't waste your fucking time
>>
>>674707968
I agree religion should have no say in political and scientific issues, but people should be free to belive what they want.

It's called "freedom" and if you hate freedom and think evetyone should belive what you belive you have more in common with isis than I do lol.
>>
>>674705376
>why doesn't everyone believe what I believe?
Pretty retarded post my nigger.
>>
File: tumblr_meqbjduOpf1qd6v0do4_500.gif (983 KB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_meqbjduOpf1qd6v0do4_500.gif
983 KB, 500x200
I AM YOUR GOD!!! Tauri shova!
>>
>>674708081
Lol triggered. Not op btw. Dipshit. Mfw guy goes on /b/ and tries to deploy logic.
>>
File: Jack_200.jpg (7 KB, 265x190) Image search: [Google]
Jack_200.jpg
7 KB, 265x190
>>674708276
"God"
>>
>>674707968

there are religious people out there doing science, writing books, running countries, etc. Religious impulse as a whole doesnt hinder humanity, violent impulse hinders humanity. Religious impulse causing violent impulse is what hinders humanity. As long as someone is educated then their religiousity has no impact on whether they advance humanity or not; most of the great thinkers and advancers of human destiny throughout history have been religious. I'm atheist too, but I recognise that we all need our coping mechanisms to get through the grind of living and if you need to go to church, sing in a choir or drink wine and call it blood to keep your shit together then you leave me alone, I'll leave you alone and we'll all be happier for it.
>>
File: Thor.jpg (27 KB, 461x576) Image search: [Google]
Thor.jpg
27 KB, 461x576
>tfw the goa'uld think they are invincible.
>>
>>674708646
Amen/
>>
>>674708476

6/8 b8, friend, but I'm not playing today.
>>
>>674707389
It's something you can only understand if you have to live with a religious nut. Religion is cancer.

A religious nut does whatever (s)he wants and uses faith in god as an excuse. They disown their own intuition and groupthink and claim it as god, which means the amount of guilt suffered for their actions is reduced to 0, and they always believe they are in the right. Their insights are ignored by anyone who isn't of faith, because it's mixed with deluded nonsense. Religious faith naturally excludes people.

You attempt to explain their way of thinking to them in words that most people will understand so that their insights aren't wasted, but there is a mental block in place that rejects any reasonable explanation for their "divine wisdom". It must be divine, and it must be from THEIR god.
>>
>>674707255
sozzle
>>
>>674709883
My dad is a batist minister and everyone on the American side of my family are young Earth creationists trust me I get it, I just don't see how insulting them solves anything.
>>
>>674710695
I'm generally respectful of the person, but I criticize their faith.
>>
>>674710949
I hate the abrihamic religions but generaly don't mind other religions, Mormons are funny but harmless, buhdists are nice, wiccans/neopagens are nice, Hindu are nice people, Sikhs are nice people.
>>
>>674711235
I haven't been exposed much to non-abrahamic religions. Buddhists are mostly harmless here, but I hear they do some terrible things too in some other countries.
>>
File: P1030488_1_110.png (139 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
P1030488_1_110.png
139 KB, 320x240
bongs hits for the lord

https://youtu.be/ikvTBsnvoh4
>>
>>674705376
Some people need to have faith
I understand the need for it but i feel that it is an outdated concept
>>
Dubs will say Allah very truly and most certainly exists and is a vengeful, yet merciful and just God.

This is the Prophet Muhammad and I love big hairy man penis in my face, I like piss in my face and shit in my mouth.
>>
>>674711573
I have never heard of Buddhists doing anything bad, it's kind of against their religion to hurt others or force others to belive what they belive.
>>
>>674711573
You can google "extremism" and any combination of religion and find heinous shit.

Of course, you can find heinous shit without religion involved too.

I guess people can use any excuse to be heinous, but it might help to have religion.

This concludes todays oversimplified analysis.
>>
>>674705376
Atheism = autism
>>
>he does nothing and people say he's great and strong

sounds like god to me, OP. maybe you should motherfucking kill yourself
>>
>>674712036
>it's kind of against their religion to hurt others
Find me a religion that says otherwise
/inb4 islam

PS a starter:
http://warisboring.com/articles/in-myanmar-buddhist-extremists-whip-up-anti-muslim-hate/
>>
>>674705376
apart from the insane fanatics who live in their own little world? they just want to have something to believe in. it makes them feel safe, like they have something to fall back on. even if they die, they just go to paradise. its a comforting thing to believe.
>>
>>674712204
Brutal

But it's also a nationalist movement so yeah.
>>
>>674705376
Your beliefs in a magical invisible super skyman is dumb, and people who have those beliefs are dumb for having them.

Even your average 8 year old eventually stops having an imaginary friend. Even your average comic book nerd deep down knows that Star Wars isn't real.

But hey, maybe if you close your eyes, put your hands together and wish-i-may-wish-i-might some more it'll, come true.
>>
God isn't a person God is simply everything. Organised religion is a lie, heaven and hell are places that exist within our own minds. humans have distorted everything
>>
>>674712577
its easy to fall into this kind of thinking. but the fact is, there are more factors to the belief in gods than just a persons intelligence. belief in god will never be a sign of intelligence, but its also not necessarily a sign of stupidity.
>>
>>674705376
astagfirullah astaghfirulla , dear Allah please forgive this ignorant anon , he is just being edgy today
>>
>>674713002
>God is simply everything
This is why nature religions appeal to me

>Organised religion is a lie
This is why I'm not a member of any nature religion society
>>
File: christianity.jpg (131 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
christianity.jpg
131 KB, 768x1024
>>674713297
name a couple of those factors.

i mean, tradition, sure. your parents believed in invisible magical skyman, your family believes in invisible magical skyman, your community belives in invisible magical skyman. You even read a book about invisible magical skyman, that was written when they thought fire and earrth was an element,and by all accounts, people lived to be 800 years old and their daughters would get them passed out drunk and fuck them in order to get pregnant.

so of course invisible magical skyman, is real.
>>
>>674713815
>This is why nature religions appeal to me
why, its stupid and makes no sense. youre just renaming something that already has a name and changing up established definitions.
>>
>>674713935
yeah, tradition is one. another is if youre sheltered or if you havent really heard different opinions. a third reason is simply comfort.
>>
>>674712577
air is invisible, it's somewhat magical.. You can't explain it when you trace it all back, science only leads you so far. I'm not saying God is a man in the sky it could be anything but the fact that I can create life, the fact that I have a dick tells me that there's something "magical" about all this, whatever it may be.
>>
>>674714090
how about evidence. does evidence play into this at all?

because i'm not really seeing any. there's this claim "extraordinary claims requires extraordinary evidence". And you have to admit, a magical omnipotent skyman is a pretty extraordinary claim. But shit, i'll take just regular old evidence. Show me one modern, recorded instance of god.

Remember anecdotal evidence is not really evidence. It's just a story.
>>
>>674714688
what are you talking about right now, im not arguing for the existence of god, im an atheist. im saying being religious doesnt necessarily mean youre dumb.
>>
>>674705376
Why do atheist complain about something they think doesn't exist?

It boggles the mind.
>>
>>674715002
if you can't prove it, it doesn't exist. same thing with bigfoot i've never seen him so i can't say he exists
>>
File: christians.jpg (78 KB, 600x408) Image search: [Google]
christians.jpg
78 KB, 600x408
>>674714884
fun fact: Yes it does

Someone could be the man who singlhandedly built a rocket to safely get from earth to mars in a 2 week trip and they'd still be a retard for believing in magic omnipotent skyman.

That level of stupid is all-negating.
>>
>>674714688
How do you obtain evidence for something like this? It's impossible.. We'll never know and it's pointless trying to find out. It's like trying to put a triangle inside a square it doesn't work. That's not me trying to prove anything that's just me saying that your measurments of what's "real" aren't proving anything either
>>
>>674715002
Because atheists don't want to live in a world where everyone is a dumb cunt. Just look at all the (new earth) creationists in the USA, more then 60% of people there believe that the earth is 6000-10000 years old and dinosaurs lived simultaneously with humans.

Also, I hate christians who cherrypick from the bible, for example it states that if your child is unruly you shall take him to the edge of the village and stone him to that. To christians, that is just a story. Then ask about the one sentence in the bible which vaguely describes men laying with men and suddenly that's not a story but God's divine word and being gay is a sin.

Also, go watch the documentary Jesus Camp, Richard Dawkina, Christopher Hitchens and make up your own mind. Religion is a cancer, faith i can agree gives some people hope and if they need that fine, but religion poisons everything
>>
>>674715416
fun fact: it doesnt, and youre actually dumb yourself for believing its that black and white.
>>
Because they're idiots.
If there is a God he's off doing divine bullshit somewhere else. The idea of us being the only ones is fucking stupid.
>>
>>674715492
>that's just me saying that your measurments of what's "real" aren't proving anything either
actually they do prove things. youre dumb.
>>
File: 1D6C874.gif (1 MB, 220x209) Image search: [Google]
1D6C874.gif
1 MB, 220x209
>>674715002
because the retards who think it exists try to pass laws based on their fucktard beliefs.

Thanks to jesus freaks that believe in god, I have to stock up on beer on saturday if I want to watch with a game on sunday because magic skyman disapproves of alcohol, and you can't buy any on his special magic day that comes once a fucking week.

or you have to listen ad-nausium to some bullshit harangue when you take your girlfriend into a clinic to get rid of the mistake when you fucked spontaneously and didn't use a condom.

If jesus retards kept their close, personal relationship with god close and personal, then athiests wouldn't have a problem with it. But they don't. they shove it down everyones throats. They knock on peoples doors and try to get people to believe as they do. And again, they push their beliefs on people in the form of laws.

So, that's why we complain about something that doesn't exist.
>>
>>674715397
You can't prove anything.. What you thinks real is an illusion that you've come to believe to make yourself feel better about this choatic world we live in.. You think you're independent in thought but science is your God it's what you choose to believe in. You're more close minded than you think
>>
>>674715492
god apparently wouldn't shut his fuckin' mouth 10 years ago. Burning bushes, announcements from the sky, angels, turning people into salt, et. al.

now, in the day of recorded data, suddenly he can't make a peep. Just ran out of stuff to say, i guess.
>>
>>674714580
>science only leads you so far.
Science has slowly given answers to questions that were answered by religion as its gods work. It may never explain everything but at least it constantly attempts to have logical proof behind its answers.
>>
>>674716113
oopps. 10/2000. How autocorrect managed that i have no idea.

oh hey, maybe it was GOD.
>>
>>674715895
Oh do they? That's cute that you think that, it really is.. science only explains so much it doesn't explain everything and you're a fucking idiot if you believe it's the end all be all
>>
File: rolf.jpg (7 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
rolf.jpg
7 KB, 183x275
>>674714580
There is nothing magical about air.

You can absolutely explain air when you trace it all back.

>magic dick
>>
>>674716240
lol i know science doesnt explain everything you fucking idiot, youre still shooting in the dark there, champ. take a logic class.
>>
>>674714580
>air is invisible, it's somewhat magical
fucking kek, i hope youre trolling.
>>
>>674716240
Modern Christianity stands on no higher ground then mormonism when it comes to evidence. A man saw something and wrote it down and people believed. In science it needs to be repeated and proven before scientists announce it as fact otherwise it's simply theory. Just as religion is the theory of an almighty god.
>>
>>674716020
You say science is your god, are you really that stupid? The scientific community agrees on scientific theorys based on experiments with reproducable results and peer reviews by experts. To even suggest that science is a religion and that scientists are narrow minded proves my point. Because of shits like you who won't accept real evidence as evidence the human race is held back in its developement. Even if we show you evidence that clashes with your beliefs just say: well I don't believe that, show me more evidence and science is just a theory. Fucknugget
>>
>>674716171
Well religion is a scam I don't believe religion has any attachment to "God" what ever that is.. Religion is just a way to control mass amounts of people I'm not arguing that the information about "God" that's out there is correct because I think it's off by miles.
>>
>>674705376
I don't believe in a fake god, I believe in the living God, the one that created you, what is it that makes you wonder whether or not God exists. If you had to ask God one question what would it be?
>>
>>674716660
Hurrdurr reproducible results.. Must be real hurrdurr
>>
>>674717058
What is Betty Rubbles Maiden Name?
>>
Personally I'm a polytheist I believe in all the gods.
>>
>>674716650
>show me more evidence and science is just a theory.
nice post, i just wanted to point out that most people think the word "theory" means the same thing as hypothesis. in science, a theory is an explanation that has been accepted as true. its been researched, peer reviewed, and reproduced. its a demonstrable explanation. so before any of you retards go on about the "theory" of evolution or the "theory" of gravity and how we dont really know anything (technically true but a dumbass argument for reasons i wont get into here), learn what a theory actually is.
>>
>>674717283
yes, theres nothing dumber than stupid science, recordable data and evidence-based science.

Not like religion. That shits cool. Thinking storms are evidence of god being angry, and being apprehensive about having sex because god might not like the way you're doing it, Or even giving up one of the few days you have a week to go to a building to sit around with a bunch of pious dickheads and sing songs together.

That's the coolest.
>>
>>674717658
lol right, i think its hilarious when religious tards try to discredit science, basically admitting that their beliefs have no evidence or substance to support them.
>>
>>674717320
Mcbricker
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-15-14-59-05.png (604 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-15-14-59-05.png
604 KB, 1280x720
You kids have the wrong concept of God, do some research on the planet saturn, basically, all religions, including many cultures along time have worshipped this celestial body as the chief diety of our solar system, associating saturn to agriculture, time and judgment.
Halos above heavenly beings , exchanging Rings when marrying earrings and black robes (judges, graduating, darth vader, etc. are some examples of Saturn worship not even mentioning the countless representations of saturn through pop culture and products.
>>
>>674717658
>Recordable data
But God created every result his just fucking with you his making you and every other dumbass atheist that screams science look like the real idiots that you are.
>>
>>674718243
whats your point, it doesnt have any more credibility than any other religious beliefs.
>>
>>674718398
so youre admitting your beliefs have no evidence then.
>>
>>674718398
gods a real dickhead. putting bones in the earth to fool us into thinking dinosaurs were real, and creating science to make us not believe in him.

He's like an insane girlfriend that has her friends try to seduce you to test that you're faithful to them.

Which raises the question, even if god was real, why would anyone worship him? he sounds like a cock.
>>
>>674718561
Your "Evidence" is your safety net it's not real that's why i say science is a religion in itself.
>>
>>674718854
Gods not the cock.. We created the language you made this shit up not God. You're blaming God for your delusions
>>
>>674718882
its not a safety net, its something i require before i believe something because im not a fucking retard. so ill ask again, are you admitting your beliefs have no evidence?
>>
File: foldtowels.jpg (3 KB, 115x125) Image search: [Google]
foldtowels.jpg
3 KB, 115x125
>>674718882
theres no safety net with evidence. it either exists or it doesn't.

now faith..that's another story entirely. even people who don't believe in god for the most part believe a eensy tiny bit because the prospect of nothingness for eternity is absolutely horrifying, since existence is all we know.

But better to not exist than be taking cues from some vain, capricious dickhead who has a shitfit if you fuck a girl in the wrong hole.
>>
>>674719101
And I require the bible before I believe in what you're saying.. Seeing the parallel yet?
>>
>>674719045
Actually i'm not. God doesn't exist.

You see, I was making fun of the concept of god existing. Because he doesn't.
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.