[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask a Mormon any question. I will do my best to answer them.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5
File: joseph-smith.jpg (41 KB, 385x550) Image search: [Google]
joseph-smith.jpg
41 KB, 385x550
Ask a Mormon any question. I will do my best to answer them. (LDS not FLDS)
>>
>>674690484
OP here. Come on boys ask away.
>>
>>674690484
Tell me about your special underpants.
>>
>>674691457
They are for temple ceremonies. Just special occasions. Kinda like the outfits the pope wears, or a suit.
>>
Bump. Also Mormonfag. Joseph Smith is my homeboy. Just passed my 1 year anniversary home from my mission.
>>
>>674692276
Congrats. Where did you serve anon?
>>
Why did 18th century Smith try to write his book in 17th century English?
>>
>>674690484
Honest question here OP. How do you maintain your faith, while there are so many different accounts of the First Vision? And so many accounts that discredit the prophet Joseph Smith (such as the Greek Psalter)
>>
>>674692398
In the Salt Lake City Central Mission. It was the smallest mission in the world (besides Temple Square) until it was consolidated last July. I'm headed to a reunion next weekend.
>>
File: 141.gif (997 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
141.gif
997 KB, 230x230
>>674690484
How do magnets work?
>>
>>674692409
Possibly to make it easier to study in correlation with the King James bible. He studied that at the same time and I would think that having them have the same type of English would make worship and Sunday school much easier and less confusing.
>>
>>674692730
Haha nice. Sounds like a fun mission. I served in Paris.
>>
How old were you when you consciously decided to believe in God, not because someone else told you to, but because you believed it yourself?
>>
>>674692789
That's a good answer, but did Joseph Smith really ever say that? Or is this just your speculation?
>>
>>674690484
how do you justify following an obviously apostate church leadership even after the wickedness of the saints caused the prophet to be killed thereby leaving a power vacuum to be filled by men with no authority to act in gods name? secondary question why do you continue to sustain those same apostates even after god gave you all the tools you need to behold him yourself and find out personally what you need to do?
>>
>>674692563
Pray fervently to be honest. With the first vision it seemed pretty clear to me that there was one major event with clear details mostly. With the accounts of Joseph Smith, he was not perfect person, i.e polygamy. He wasn't a perfect man and sometimes I think that makes some want to discredit him.
>>
>>674692770
http://www.howmagnetswork.com/
enjoy the reading anon. Thanks.
>>
i am a catholic and my wife is a mormon, since we get married those mormons try every time to baptize me. why you do try to baptize me.

also mormons missionaries here are kinda weird.
>>
>>674693093
This. Ask the holy spirit if the church is true, and disregard all the brrainwashing crosstalk
>>
>>674693010
17, I was an inactive member at that time, I even left the church at 13. Joined again at 17. Thanks for asking.
>>
>>674693024
To be perfectly honest that is my speculation. But again, the best answer I can give.
>>
What do the Mormon's think about trump?
>>
>>674690484
hows it feel to know your religion was made by a conartist as a way to con more people?
>>
>>674693382
Hey Anon. It is a fundamental Mormon belief that baptism is the first step towards entering God's presence. Those weird missionaries are just eager to help you. Accept their challenge to read, pray, and have God speak the truth to you.
The missionaries have a list called a Part-member family list (PMF List) which consists of every member of the ward who is married to a non-Mormon.
Also, what part of the world do you live in?
>>
>>674693402
So what happened to make you believe? Were you just sitting there and go, "You know what? This shits on the up and up"?
>>
>>674693093
So I'm not sure with how you're using the word apostate because they far from renounce God or religion. We believe that they do have authority to act in Gods name, we believe that anyone who believes in Christ can act in Gods name. Protestants and Catholics can feel the spirit, while their gospel isn't considered the full gospel it is in the name of Christ, with the same main general concepts, we believe that the Protestant reformation was inspired by the spirit of God. Also just to let you know, the pope and Mormon prophet are on very good terms. We believe that we need them because we need God to have a mouthpiece besides the spirit on more specific issues, aka a prophet. Thanks for asking.
>>
>>674693390
I will agree with this though, ironically what Joseph Smith did.
>>
>>674693382
It's just their job, mostly the fact that they notice your wife going to Mormon church alone I would guess. In their minds they just want to help. IMO missionaries should not be pushy. Thanks.
>>
>>674693932
You're not OP, I am OP. Nonetheless good answer.
>>
>>674690484
I am a wiccan, and have been for years. Why do the mormons use the wiccan pentacle as a holy symbol?
>>
>>674693715
Most despise the disgusting fucker. Thanks.
>>
File: 1457939481227.jpg (7 KB, 255x220) Image search: [Google]
1457939481227.jpg
7 KB, 255x220
>>674694180
I know this is going to come off all cock sucker, but man I can't wrap head around all this belief stuff. I try to look at it from other people's point of view, but I just can't see how people can buy any of this. Not just Mormons, but everyone. It just seems so ridiculous that people spend so much time fuckin around with this stuff
>>
>>674694180
>>674694287
The holy spirit is a non-issue even gentiles get that. God told you everything you need to do to see him perfectly the way Joseph Smith did. Why do you follow a group of men who have no authority to speak for the church of christ when the only man who could do that was killed because of their wickedness? Where is the revelation that allowed brigham young to declare himself the prophet and disregard that he was only ever a member of a quorum allowed to practice priesthood keys together?
>>
>>674693849
Again Joseph was not perfect. He was a different person and lets be honest, tarred and feather, then constantly threatened, frequently, your temple burnt to the ground, your people killed, no permanent housing, no love from your country. It doesn't sound like a very successful con-artist to me anon, sounds more like a persecuted man I am afraid.
>>
>>674690484
Are you from utah?
I'm from utah and the mormon problem here is bad.
>>
>>674694969
newfag
>>
>>674694967
mormons always have the persecuted martyr face. none ever remember what the mormons did to make themselves such untrustworthy neighbors.
>>
>>674690484
If its bad to feel lust, and god is all knowing feeling and seeing. Then how can god know what lust feels like without feeling it for his own purposes? and if he hasn't then how is he all knowing? This concept is fundamentally flawed.
>>
>>674694022
Haha no. I was very worried about death at the time. One night I was worried, the verge of tears, not ever wanting to leave my family, my friends, my some-day children. I prayed fervently, I was so distressed, no way to calm me. I prayed and prayed, pleading to god for an answer. I didn't feel a burning in the bussom or find my keys. I felt peace. I felt like there was now an understanding in my mind that I did not quite understand yet. Maybe I don't understand it fully yet. Thanks anon. (that was mostly just the tipping point.)
>>
Why does a committee of men within the Mormon church choose the next prophet? Isn't God supposed to choose His Prophet, not us? Also, Mr.Monson is one of the most evil looking men I have ever seen in my life. He is definitely not on good terms with the Pope.
>>
>>674694627
I am afraid I don't know what Wiccan is, I apologize that I can't answer your question.
>>
>>674691457
Fuck you retard why do ppl wear them outside of the temple its a "shield"
>>
>>674694802
I felt the same way when I was 16. You know I honestly find it hard to explain. My recommendation would be to fast for one day and pray fervently. Maybe you will find your answer, not immediately but at one point. Thanks.
>>
>>674695688
wikipedia.org/wiki/Wicca
>>
>>674690484
Dod you get into Byu provo or Rexburg ya fag
>>
your choir in SLC rocks,,christmas,easter,esp when an orchestra records sacred music in the tabernacle great hall,,,,your pals are honest,have tight families,dispense with booze & drugs,,you can;t be all bad,,I have PR rum & coffee about 3-4 x yr/
>>
>>674695488
The mormon church is a business at its very core. think of the church presidency as a corporate board and it will make a lot more sense. In the 1890s the US government dissolved the church as an organization and seized their assets. The church leadership reorganized and sold the government future tithe monies and subservience in exchange for the right to become a state and reorganize as a church.
>>
>>674694904
Oh I see now. I misinterpreted your earlier questions, my bad. It's because Joseph gave him the priesthood keys, along with the other apostles. The church is meant to last until Christ returns to this earth and is not meant to ever fall from this earth, it wouldn't make sense for it all to end when one prophet passes away. That's the best answer I can give.
>>
>>674695891
Your. On a Taiwanese image board elder fuckface your not gonna Baptize anyone so chill
>>
>>674694969
I kid I kid. Yes I am.
>>
>>674690484
How does it make you feel knowing you're part of one of the most laughed at religions in the world.
>>
notice how believers in a christian deity get rabid salivators piling on them,,or this,'WHADDYA MEAN CHRISTIAN>????? THEY AINT CHRISTIAN!!!' potty mouths
>>
Did Joe Smith love fucking teenagers or what! Oh man those secret forced marriages to 14 year olds is a classic cult leader move.
>>
>>674695181
It's not that there wasn't reason to not like the Mormons but lets be honest. Is the best decision to fuck your neighbors skin with tar and then kill him later on and kill all of the other people who worship with him. It is a martyr face. A justified one. Thanks for pointing it out though.
>>
>>674695221
The fact is that human logic is not comparable. He might not have experienced lust but he has seen it. It's kind of like how I've never smoked but know that it gives me cancer. That's how I see it. He is all knowing, not all experienced.
>>
>>674696199
you continue to misunderstand. the church of christ is the membership. the Church of Jesus Christ of LDS is a corporate entity. When did Joseph Smith give Brigham Young all the keys necessary to officiate alone? when they left Nauvoo he was only the president of the 12 and he needed all 12 to operate the priesthood keys. Then in SLC he reorganizes the church into it's current permutation with a presidency of 3 and quorum of 12. As a practicing mormon you sustain the president of the church as a prophet. When was he called? How was he raised to that office?
>>
>>674690484
are you allowed to go here
http://frtyb.com/go/gQ0i_bAaEj/omegkle
>>
File: 1457298972889.jpg (66 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1457298972889.jpg
66 KB, 640x640
>>674690484
Do you fuck all of your wives at the same time, or what? Do they lick each other's pussies?

Spill the beans OP.
>>
>>674695488
Because they also speak for God. God still picks the prophet just not directly. Thanks.
>>
>>674696625
when the people he is leading are raping and murdering then hiding behind his christian mythology what else do you do? the early saints had no conscience about anything because they felt justified in their martyrdom.
>>
>>674696017
Sorry I don't have the time to research right now. :( trying to get through the questions you know. Again I am sorry.
>>
>>674694967
>>674690484
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdCEJISKWHc
>>
>>674696060
None of the above. Got my degree at the U my friend.
>>
>>674696109
Thanks. I just saw this guy in concert tonight and you might like his music he's part of that quire.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCdZ3uBYxb_wt85dvvt2kvQ
congrats man.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.