[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tmw you realize its time to cut people from your life you thought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 236_G.jpg (16 KB, 286x296) Image search: [Google]
236_G.jpg
16 KB, 286x296
tmw you realize its time to cut people from your life you thought were friends.

just recently had a falling out with several friends and i realize theyre all toxic for me and not doing my life any good. only prob is theyre my core group of friends i hang out with, so if i cut them, i have noone nearby to hang out with anymore. I've been alone before and i can probably handle it, but its fucking depressing plus its hard to make new friends, so who knows when id have a group to hang out with anymore.

Anyone else go through this? How did you cope?
>>
Usually other ppl cut me out from their live, not I cut out 'em. Maybe I am toxic as f, who knows
>>
>>674364498
Had to cut my closest friend years ago, because he was backstabbing me left and right to advance himself socially.

He was flat out lying about me to groups of more popular people trying to get himself included, while destroying what little prospects I had of ever being anything other than shunned. I know this sounds trivial and stupid, but we were 17 and it meant a lot. He was basically my only friend at the time, but I did what I had to do and I was lucky enough to pick up a few friends in the aftermath; people who had been subjected to the same kind of bullshit by him and others.
>>
>>674364498
yea this sucks especially as an adult.
do you have any oldschool friends who you dont talk to anymore?

you really need at least one person to go out with to leech off of their friends.
>>
Goin through it now bud.
If you want someone to talk to
>>
I sort of went through this. This one person that I thought was my friend apparently liked to talk shit about me specifically behind my back to our mutual friends. One day, all chatter from him stops on all channels (facebook, group texts, you name it) and all of thought that he had done something horrible (he is a depressed and suicidal person). Three weeks pass before I get any contact on my end, but the week before he had reopened communications with our two other close mutual friends.

Soon I found out that he had spread rumors that I was an alcoholic and drug abuser. This is after I found out that he had cut off contact with me because he LITERALLY WOKE UP ONE DAY and decided that I was a "bad influence" because I like to drink, smoke weed, and party with my brothers while in college. He says this even though he has done ecstasy and doesn't drink or have any close friends outside of us.

Anyway, our mutual friends thought he was being a little cunt and were on my side, and told me all that he had said about me. I called him one day and told him I wanted to have a civil conversation about it in a message because he was too much of a pussy to answer my call. Eventually we had a phone conversation where he tried to shift blame of the situation onto me, which I promptly shot down and called out his bullshit on (amongst other points he made). I then told him that I would decide if and when I would want to be friends with him again, and that, from that point on, we weren't friends anymore. After this conversation, I told our mutual friends what happened, and he got mad at one because he "violated their trust" (an bad excuse because he knew that our friend would've done the same thing for him). Haven't heard anything from him since, and neither have my friends.

>Tl;dr: My ex-friend is a horrible person and a cunt, and you sound exactly like him. Stop being a pussy and talk to them like an adult instead of running away from your problems like my ex-friend did.
>>
Yeah I switch friends about every 2 years, although I can be pretty toxic too, generally the friends are the ones holding me back... after a while you'll have a few buds that stick around through it all though
>>
>>674365719
i see where your coming from, but that can't apply to every situation. sometimes the situation is reversed, and the other person (ie: you) is being the complete asshole and needs to be cut off. in your situation i completely agree. fuck that guy, that being said op's situation is literally the opposite no? if your a horrible cunt and cut someone off, your a horrible cunt. if you have a friend who is a horrible cunt and you cut him off, your only looking out for your own interests by removing fucking ebola from your life.
>>
>>674366563
I see what you're saying, and I agree there has been some logic error in there. I retake the cunt part about OP.

However, I do believe that OP is still, indeed, a faggot.
>>
>>674364498
when you conversation with people, you'll know when a good friend comes along, spend alot of time with them and talk to them, it's internal.
>>
>>674365353

my BEST friend is an old school friend from high school. we talk everyday, but he lives too far to hang out, and hes a total loner. great guy, but just not social at all

>>674365719
yea i just found out one of the people i thought i was super close with is just bashing the living shit out of me to their ex/my acquaintance friend, painting me as this massive piece of shit, so that when i see the other person, they just look lowly on me and make shitty comments. tonight i was having a nervous breakdown from dealing with a really stressful situation and she just started laying into me saying everythings my fault and that im fucking her over too by not being responsive to her needs as im in the middle of a panic attack. i tried to rationalize and she just laughed at me so i cut off all communication right there cuz it was clear she was being a caniving cunt
>>
>>674367220
op is always a faggot, my condolances for your old friend being a faggot as well. hope you and faggot op get better ones.
>>
>>674364498
make new friends newfag
>>
>>674367771

ive gone through dif groups of friends over the years. had to remove a bunch of super toxic people before. im an antisocial/social person (introvert/extrovert) so im pretty good at making friends if im comfortable in a situation, as i like to socialize with people, but in other situations it can be hard for me to open up.

I definitely agree that as you get older it gets harder and harder making new friends. most people as they get older arnt really open to the idea of letting new people in their lives
>>
>>674364498
I realised this a while back. I'm 32 now. Luckily for me most of the group I used to hang with have moved away, got married, had kids and generally dropped out of the social circle. I cut out most of the others. And now I only talk to one or two of them, and I have one friend I stay in touch with who comes over once a week on a Friday or Saturday night.

Shit's good. I feel like my life is a lot less complicted and dramatic now. It's also easier to spend time doing what I want to do and steer my life in the direction I want it to go in.

Although I used to be a social butterfly, now I love nothing more than my own company and some peace and quiet. It's not as boring or loney as you would think.
>>
>>674368389
>32
>I love nothing more than my own company and some peace and quiet

Yer gettin old gramps
>>
>>674368389

you literally just described my life. even the same age man. the only downside is i still like to go out and have fun. to do that you really need a partner or 2 that is on the same level, which is why ive put up with some of the bullshit.
>>
>>674368528
Yeah I know bro

>>674368598
I can't really afford to go out and have fun. Paying for a house and all the bills means that for me, staying in is the new going out. I just buy a bottle of bourbon and a bag of weed and/or coke and get mates over.

I've had many different relationships, from one night stands to a grill living with me in my house and everything in between. I can't be arsed with the drama and bullshit anymore. Even the one night stands or fucking someone who is married/in a relationship is too much drama and hassle these days.

Hangovers are also getting worse the older I get. I'm falling more and more out of love with drinking as I age. But I will still go out doing other things and don't mind doing any of it on my own. I'll go catch a film, go for a meal etc on my own if none of my mates are free.

Life is good.
>>
>>674364498
Cut out your family out too if they start borrowing too much of your fucking money. I had this happen to me.
>>
I'm kind of dealing with that right now. I just got out of the Marines, and my job doesn't transition into civilian side well, I've been unemployed since December, stuck at my parents place, and waiting for the next college semester to start. I've met up with a friend I had in HS who hasn't been doing shit with his life, parrying with college kids but not going to college himself, hasn't done shit since we graduated HS. I hate the feel of it. All these kids trying to look more drunk than the next one looking to fuck. I try so hard not to judge them but it pisses me off that these girls settle for these shitty excuses for men. I really need to cut ties with them and work on me, getting my own place and a good job etc.
>>
File: 1457515541928.gif (578 KB, 299x198) Image search: [Google]
1457515541928.gif
578 KB, 299x198
I had to cut out my last remaining friend from high school because he was lying to me.

He slept with a girl that had been staying with him and his roommate, then told her not to tell me because he wanted to eventually date me and that I was the person he wanted to be with at the end of it.

So he used her for sex, treated her like a toy, and kept it hidden from me, all the while lying and saying he was asexual like me and I legit thought he was one of my best friends.

He admitted to it when I confronted him, and I cut him off completely.

It sucks, OP, but I already feel better and you will too.
You deserve better people in your life.
>>
>>674369149
>I really need to cut ties with them and work on me, getting my own place and a good job etc.

Do it. And sooner rather than later. Or you will regret it.
>>
I've never had a friend my whole life 19 atm suck it up mate you go numb after a while
>>
>>674369242
Is this b8?
You sound like a bitch. Asexual? Kill yourself.
>>
Did it in high school back in the day, was a massively shit year bumming about alone. Got a better friends group as a result. Jus the warned op it will be majorly shit for the first while, if you are going to do it commit to it.
>>
>>674369008
agree so much about the dating thing. relationships are just a nightmare at this point. cannot deal with the bullshit drama women cause. they dont know how to just be chill. always gotta stir some shit up

>>674369069
on top of the shit i was dealing with with my shitty friends, i also found out my sister and her new bf have been talking massive shit about me to my mom (you can see why i was having a nervous breakdown). my sisters life is a fucking trainwreck so she really has 0 room to judge. guess im done with her now too. dont need people telling me how bad im fucking up, i need people with positive solutions and positive contributions
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.