[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Everyone I know is telling me without a bachelors degree I might
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: 1457895700041.gif (2 MB, 366x360) Image search: [Google]
1457895700041.gif
2 MB, 366x360
Everyone I know is telling me without a bachelors degree I might as well kill myself because without one I will be poor forever.

What do I do?
>>
Get a bachelors degree
>>
>>674280441
Kill yourself nigger
>>
>>674280996
But I don't have money or the time to finish it. I am totally done with general ed.
>>
Learn a trade.
The world still needs mechanics, welders, plumbers, etc.
>>
>>674280441
Advice from somebody who got a bachelors degree - get an apprenticeship. You'll be earning money while you learn rather than getting into debt. Also when you finish your apprenticeship and everyone else finishes their degree, guess what you have that they don't? Experience. Employers always look for experience.
>>
>>674281202
eww, I am a girl I don't want to do that shit. I want a desk job. Tell me how to get a desk job that doesn't require blowing the boss.
>>
It will be more difficult starting out but not having a degree doesn't determine you being destitute for the rest of your life. The degree helps land you a job, you'll still have to work hard to get a better job and make any real money. Sorry for all the tense errors I'm tired as fuck. Should you get a degree? Yes. Do you need to? No.
>>
>>674281467
Female welders on average make more money than male welders.

You don't need a degree to be a desk jockey.

Go to a temp agency and make sure you can type and use Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.
>>
Homeless people in New York make 6 figures. Just act like a homeless person
>>
>>674281796
I am a welder, did it for a year and quit, it was hell on my skin and no way am I going to do that again to myself. Also fuck temp agencies, I heard they take a portion of pay.

>>674281647
I have general ed done but I need 5 major classes for a transfer and I am sick of it.
>>
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 640x1136
>>674280441
Get a skilled trade or a degree.
Better yet, get both. Go to school while working in the trades, like a mechanic.
There could be a nuclear war and you'd still find work.
>>
>>674281467
If you are ugly grill, get a nice job
If you are pretty grill marry some rich fuckwad and smother him
>>
>>674280441
I'm on 1600 a week after tax.
i left school in year 9
>>
>>674282253
i'm ugly...

>>674282375
what do you do?
>>
>>674281467
>>674281170
Translation: I am a lazy cunt
Unless you are impossibly hot, get used to being used up trash.
Unless you have a skill or a degree, you'll always be at someone else's mercy, even if you marry rich.
>>
>>674282115
Well I mean I didn't enjoy class and shit. It sounds like you're more than 1/2 way there. No point in quitting now, especially if you're going to have to pay off student loans. May as well get the degree with the debt.
>>
>>674280441
I got mech engineering bachelor degree and can't find a job. you will be fine
>>
>>674280441
>Only retards need a degree to make money
>Only assholes value making money over learning
Teach yourself to fix the first and avoid the second, the money will come if you want it to.
>>
File: nigga_we_out_here.jpg (385 KB, 1536x1024) Image search: [Google]
nigga_we_out_here.jpg
385 KB, 1536x1024
Deal drugs.
>>
>>674280441
Be an hero
>>
Learn a trade. Currently 1 year off of getting my journeyman papers for machining and doing well for myself.
>>
>>674282522
post pic OP
>>
>>674280441
>inb4 liberal whiteknight
Practical professions are high in demand. Don't let society tell you what you should do, just because you have a degree from college / university. Where I'm from there's a shortage of artisans, and throughout the years, around 5, 10, you gained enough expertise to start for yourself. It's payment much rewarding and promising and more then enough to live from. I never got a certificate from highschool and learned luckily at my uncles place how to become a car mechanic. Now I'm self employed and I enjoy every bit of it.

Then again, I'm well aware some people don't like doing this work, you really should see it as a passion. Having said this I hope to have cheered your thoughts and mind up. If you have questions feel free to ask.

>there's always anarchy
>>
My father only has a HS degree and he makes $100k+ a year.
He's a truck driver for FedEx.
>>
>>674280441
make fun of them because they are actually worshipping a culture based around working your ass off for a piece of shit paper these sheeples will never learn
>>
>>674280441

Nah, I don't have a degree.
Started out as a call center agent.
Knew about computers a bit more than my fellow agents so I got transferred to a tech account. Got training as IT Helpdesk/Desktop support. Now working as an IT Admin. Makes 6x minimum in my country
>>
>>674283066
Yeah but don't sell or buy Coke.
People that support such an unsustainable, murderous industry to get high are the lowest form of life, like people that eat or sell highly endangered species like bluefin tuna for a good taste
>>
>>674282594
I have no debt, because I am using community college to do general ed.

>>674282766
kek that was the degree I was being talked into, but I fucking hate math

>>674283251
im really really ugly
>>
>>674282115
>sick of school
>didn't like how welding treated your skin
>wants a real job
>won't blow the boss

Holy shit what's like in lala land?
Either get a fucking degree and get your cushy desk job, or actually take advantage of your trade skill and get work like that without finishing school. You're in a position to do one of two things, so buckle down, choose one and fucking stick with it.
>>
>>674283837
>>674283837
We'll post a pic, it doesn't seem like anything is going to make your self esteem worse
>>
>>674284301
http://assholeconsulting.com/
>>
>>674282789
Coming from someone who undoubtedly hasn't set foot in the real world
>>
>>674283417
Bull
Fucking
Shit
>>
>>674284301
You're not hot but you're not ugly
>>
>>674281379
wtf. dont u mean internship?
>>
>>674285258
It's not bullshit, he's been working there for like 20 years though.
>>
>>674284301

>high angle
>Guaranteed fatass

Sorry boys
>>
>>674285166
>the real world
I hate that analogy, can you tell me about the fake world that all these people you don't know are supposedly living in?
>>
>>674285570
hey I am chubby but not fat

>>674285390
really?
>>
>>674280441
seems like you've got three clear options:
>kill self
>get degree
>prove them wrong
>>
>>674285556
Contractor FedEx ground? Cuz 100k ain't shit when you gotta pay your own health benefits and maintain and fuel that truck. 100k gross would mean like maybe half that net
>>
>>674285854
Freight
>>
>>674283417
my dad never finished college. he makes over 100k a year flipping real estate for his franchise he owns
>>
>>674285644

kek
>>
Get certifications. You could go to lineman school at start at 60k a year.. potential for 80k in 4 years. My coworkers son makes 64k at age 19 and I try to keep my composure each time she reminds me.

I have a certification in surgical technology--and work with organ recovery and transplant. With my numbers for the last half of 2015 I'm expecting to make 80k this year if I don't kill myself.

Last year I used my savings to start a towing company here in town. I think it's finally starting to break even.. but as I mentioned. It's tough.

(And I want to kill myself)

But aside from my personal problems, I believe you can get further with certifications and networking rather than being fresh our with a bachelor's.

Although you seem a little misguided. Worst case scenario, you could always enlist in the military. That's what provided me with my surgical experience and networking.

Don't give up. But also don't undertake something that you can't handle. Good luck, anon.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.