[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
C++
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2
File: 12ju3.jpg (486 KB, 2880x1620) Image search: [Google]
12ju3.jpg
486 KB, 2880x1620
C++
>>
It's aaight
>>
>>673482014
im learning fast its not that bad
>>
>>673481284
return 0;
>>
>>673481284
web dev checking in, ruby for me
>>
>>673481284
C# here
>>
>>673483129
web dev here too
python
php
c
c++

+ all the front end crap
>>
does anyone in this thread know anything about .sprx development
>>
how hard is it to learn C++ ? i've always wanted to learn how to code
>>
>>673483716
start with python
>>
>>673483716
its hard but its not like you have to learn everything before you can start making basic programs. you could start tonight and make several programs
>>
>>673484197
what kind of programs could i make tonight?
>>
>>673484306
lmao tonight he says
>>
>>673481284
C# and js here
I am with a friend we are trying to implement something with nodejs but it does not seems to work so well with windows
>>
>>673484406
"you could start tonight and make several programs"
>>
>>673481284
I started out with C++ and haven't used it sense. I'm a C# and Java guy.

>>673484306
"Hello World!" for starters. You could make little calculator programs, too. Console stuff.
>>
>>673484306
Im not saying youd understand what your doing but you could get some drive by making a hello world and a couple simple calculators like calculate pay or the area of a rectangle. lookup buckys c++ tutorials on youtube. start with the first video

>>673484406
depends if hes able to accomplish things. im also on the west coast so its early here
>>
>>673485140
>>673485462

thanks for the tips! would it be better to do python??
>>
>>673486052
well what do you want to make? id say python cause its easier
>>
C++ is a bit of an legacy orphan. The inheritance rules got too complex. Templates made writing in it very obscure to where code bases became unsustainable due to overturn. It has pretty much been replaced by Objective-C, Java and that circle jerk of a programming language called Swift.
>>
>>673486052
I've never used Python, actually. I'm not sure I could even pick out Python code from a lineup. I'm pretty sure I've heard it's easy to pick up, though.
>>
>>673486317
i don't even know what i'd be able to make w/ those languages... i've never programmed anything before
>>
>>673483129
ruby and javascript ahoy
>>
>>673486052
Python is definitely easy. C++ is going to be a more typical, formal experience into what you can expect. Not to say either are bad, both are practical choices for learning. Most students start with C++ typically.
>>
>>673486789
is it realistic to be able to learn to program without going to school for it?
>>
>>673486789
Python is masturbation of a programming language. Only one worst is Forth where you can suck your own dick in code.
>>
>>673486897
just go to www.udemy.com and pick up a class, they're cheap and well put together.
>>
>>673486897
No. You should just drop out of community college already and become the NEET you were always destined to be.
>>
>>673486897
Technically. A lot of the concepts are openly available, and frankly, with the exception of complex ideas like compiler theory you could probably wing it on your own if you're dedicated.
>>
>>673487160
i'm in college but i'm not going for programming... i just wanted to learn for the life skill's sake
>>
>>673486969
lmao that made me laugh
>>
>>673486346

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
>>
File: 4chan.png (63 KB, 1099x661) Image search: [Google]
4chan.png
63 KB, 1099x661
>>
>>673487481
>lmao that made me laugh
Always nice to meet another old school.
>>
Python worth learning??
>>
>>673488495
>Python worth learning??
There is not much money in Python. Look what languages pay the best, learn that. The rest of the academic bullshit coders can hate you when they work for you.
>>
>>673488495

Yes. If nothing else it will help you learn the syntax and basic structure of code for learning future languages.
>>
>>673481284
>that jpg compression
>>
>>673486052
yeah probably.
if you don't mind not knowing anything about what the program is doing behind the scenes. python uses voodoo magic so you don't need to worry. c++ shows you how it works, but it is slower to learn as a result
>>
>>673489363
?
>>
For all you fags that want to learn how to code,

freecodecamp.com

I'm nearly completed with everything.
>>
>>673488865
>There is not much money in Python.

I bet that you haven't built, or contributed shit, pleb.
>>673488495
Yes, python is worth learning, IMHO. It's syntactically similar to C (since is based off of it), as with JavaScript, Java, etc.

And don't let people tell you your limitations when it comes to a programming language. It's usually up to your own imagination and skill set, so don't listen to the guy that just wants to make a quick buck, he probably sucks ass at coding, anyway.
>>
>>673486897
Very realistic.

FreeCodeCamp.com
>>
>>673481284
Or you could just use c.
>>
i wanna make an app that counts ur farts and how many farts you do in one day

then it comapres how much u fart with other people around you and each urban area has a fart king. the fark king is the person that sits at the top of the leader board which is updated daily with the latest fart tallies

how do i make this?
>>
isn't that just a B-?
>>
>>673490525
i forgot to mention it counts ur farts by the vibration in your pants combined with using the microphone so you cant fake it and automatically tallies it
>>
>>673490525
I would invest in this
>>
In search bar type

javascript: var 4chan = true; while(4chan){console.log('fuck ye');}

>profit?
>>
'-' _ _
/ \ ((__)) '-'
/ \ '-' [ ^^ ] '-' / \
-----/-------\-----/---\--\ /---/---\-----/-----\
\ / `-('')-' \ / \
`-' (U) `-'
>>
>>673486897
Yes, but you will probably lose interest in it very quickly if you don't want to make a career out of it.
>>
>>673490677
noone wants you listning to thier conversations
>>
>>673491310
i would program it just to detect the fart and mute the conversation
>>
>>673486052
Do not listen to these buttfuckers.

C++ is undisputedly the best programming language around. Once you learn it, you can go anywhere. Unlike other languages C++ is a powerhouse and is only limited by you.

Python will get you nowhere, it's shit and outdated. C# Is okay, but it's no C++. Java is shit, Ruby is shit.

The only people that will tell you otherwise are the hipsters that want to seem cool and/or create arguments for the sake of trying to feel smarter.

Just stick to C++ and everything will be fine. If you ever need to learn another language you'll be able to learn it easier once you already know C++.
>>
Spoooky Pointers
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.