[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vanilla WoW was the worst yet. Prove me wrong. >protip, ya
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 14
File: 1455184379874.jpg (29 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1455184379874.jpg
29 KB, 500x500
Vanilla WoW was the worst yet.
Prove me wrong.
>protip, ya can't.
Faggot hipsters claim vanilla WoW was the "glory days".
All that says about you is that you can't grow with a game, even though it has done nothing but get better.
>inb4 omgawsh lost subscriptions
It didn't have as much competition back then.
Vanilla was a joke, with shit end game content. Not even arena, fuckin Garbo.
>>
shut the fuck up, you fucking idiot
>>
>>670650642
Go kill yourself.
>>
>>670650642
Every expansion, and vanilla itself, were great. Haters gonna hate, yet truth it is this fucking game costs you money per month. That's the reason those chimps keep getting mad at blizzard.
>>
>>670650642

I sense a casual in search of bait
>>
File: big boss.gif (186 KB, 678x422) Image search: [Google]
big boss.gif
186 KB, 678x422
>>670650642
Best expansion was Burning Crusade

WOTLK wasnt so bad i dont know about the other ones because i quit playing
>>
>>670650642
i grew outta my MMO phase last year. WoD was nice but garrisons were boring after awhile. might pop in for legion to see if that re kindles the fire but until then its Dark Souls for me
>>
>>670652949
Dark Souls 1, I hope.
>>
Seriously? With every expansion WoW is even more casual than any mmorpg yet.... One of proofs is that You can now kill any world elite (even dungeon ones from time to time) without fucking stopping.... Try that in vanilla.
>>
>>670650642
BC were the glory days not fucking Vanilla
>>
>>670653088

i have DS1 on PC but im playing DS2 on PS4 and have DS3 collectors edition on pre order
>>
>>670652748
Wrath was trash; only reason people praise it is because of the Wrath babies who started playing then and start crying about nostalgia.

Game lost its touch on Sunwell patch, that's when WoW died in my eyes, story started getting retarded, game started getting retarded
>>
>>670653658
Fuck yeah, can't wait for DS3, but can't bring myself to touch DS2.
>>
File: 1455892358404.jpg (43 KB, 699x637) Image search: [Google]
1455892358404.jpg
43 KB, 699x637
>>670650642
>>
>>670652607
I disagree. While some of the content in the expansions was undeniably entertaining, when they converted to their new truncated talent system I was pissed off. They proceeded to absolutely ruin some of my favorite specs, then ruined a few others to compensate.
>>
I wouldnt say it was the worst, but easiest if you go back and replay it. Encounters where easiest but for being the most fun, Vanilla + TBC because everyone was shit still
>>
>>670653983

i like it tbh i have fun with it. you should check out the collector edition stuff... cloth map, soundtrack artbook 10" red knight statue. looks like some sweet shit
>>
>>670653816
ToC was trash
Ulduar was one of WoW's best raids.
>>
playing arena on live makes me want to cut my dick off. you literally cant tell the difference between a glad dk and an s-keying male nelf..
and all they have to do is spam 2 buttons and they max their dps, nice game.. and theyre removing even more shit next expansion which will make the game even more faceroll..
>>
>>670653816
I 2nd that Wow died on sunwell patch
>>
Vanilla was in fact hands down the Fucking best. It truly felt like a world of Warcraft. It wasn't easy and world pvp was bomb as Fuck. Fuck off with your arena shit, might as well go play league
>>
>>670653816
Wrath beats BC on every single level except entry level raids.
>>
>>670654044
I agree with you about the talent systems, there used to be so much diversity. Miss my old elemental mage
>>
>>670654098
Nah dude, I'm okay. After watching this video I really don't want to play that game. I'm good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UScsme8didI
>>
>>670654093
0 quality of life aspects in the game. That leans towards harder not easier.
>Pound in a nail without a hammer
>>
>>670650642
Thats true. If wow would be released for first time now as it was in vanilla it would be total shit and failure
>>
>>670654267
There is only one thing that makes Vanilla good, and that is nostalgia. None of the dungeons had any actual difficulty, neither did the raids. It all came down to players being retards and raids being overcrowded. That's not challenge. The only people who defend the grindfest of Vanilla are people who didn't have jobs, who could play 24/7, i.e. basement dwellers.

Face it: The only thing Vanilla had going for it was the community. Everything else has only ever improved until Cata.
>>
>>670650642
Because as the game progressed they removed less and less of the mystery, the ability to 'explore' areas you weren't necessarily meant to. Flying mounts in azeroth ruined everything. Gone are the days of fishing for the Ashbringer. Gone is the glory.
>>
>>670654375

to each their own man.
>>
Actualy fuck it. Think about it for more than one second. WoW did die after Wrath in my eyes. The death started long before for hardcore pvpers when arena came, but the talent system, once they streamlined taht shit into, 'oh, at this level point you have three choices to make, A,B,C', Fun was dead. Yes I hated the fact that you had to go back to town and buy your skills think about each talent and actualy have half a fucking brain cell to map out a talent tree for you specific role (weather it be pvp/pve) . Yep I also agree some of the content in new expansions look great, feel great and to some extent are great, but yet the true fact is, aint they just reskins or merges with other fights? and what that guy said earlier Ulduar was the best raid. A choice on nearly every fight TO HARDMODE?! OR NOT TO HARDMODE?!
>>
>>670650642
Arena is shit anyways. If i want to hug a pillar, i'd go jack off. Otherwise you're right, but the community was better, by far
>>
>>670654607
they where difficult at the time. None where cleared within the actual relased day/week like most are today. Plus there was alot more gear checks, Chromagus for instance stand out to me
>>
>>670654680
Yeah, you're right. I can see that I'm in the minority here, and I can see why people like the game. Thanks for the chat.
>>
>>670654728
>If i want to hug a pillar, i'd go jack off.
Haha. Or, this being WoW, kek.

I could not care less about PvP either. Although Southshore vs Tarren mill had it's moments.
>>
>>670654944

anytime /b/ro
>>
>>670654289

and difficulty.

and pvp

and most of the content not being AoE spamming braindead nonsense instead of patient play using CC and co-ordination.

Wrath babies were fucking terrible at the game, you could instantly tell in almost anything who had started playing during wrath because they'd just fucking leeroy into the content and expect to survive.
>>
File: 1422116149411.jpg (759 KB, 1872x671) Image search: [Google]
1422116149411.jpg
759 KB, 1872x671
>>670650642
>>
Guys it's not about how the game was, it is about how you felt when u played the game
>>
>>670655046
>Vanilla was difficult

Name even a single boss fight from Classic that has anywhere near the mechanics of even Wrath heroic bosses.

Protip: You can't.

>and pvp

Battlegrounds existed in Vanilla already. Also, a single BG lasting a day or longer is not fun, just a grind for people with no job. And open world PvP was either a) zerging or b) killing lowbies and NPCs.

>and most of the content not being AoE spamming braindead nonsense instead of patient play using CC and co-ordination

I have the feeling you never bothered with raiding or heroics in Wrath if you can say that with a straight face.

>Wrath babies were fucking terrible at the game, you could instantly tell in almost anything who had started playing during wrath because they'd just fucking leeroy into the content and expect to survive.

And you can instantly tell someone is a nostalgia blind faggot when they start acting like Vanilla was anything but a mindless grind with no challenge except for, you know, grinding, made good only by an admittedly pretty cool community.

In the end, both BC and Wrath were nothing but improvements. The only thing that got worse was the community.
>>
>Prove me wrong.

Sorry. You're making the claim, burden of proof is on you.

Faggot.
>>
>>670655407

pretty much this for me. when i started playing WoW it was me, my best friend and a few of his family members, met some chill folks along the way, changed guilds cause of drama, changed servers when my sister and her husband played, to this day i still talk to quite a few ex guildies outside of WoW, the game stopped being fun by itself but the people i met and the friends i made i will never forget, i still log in to Battle net and talk to them but i doubt i will ever renew my subscription
>>
I don't actually get why people love vanilla so much..

it wasnt balanced, not all specs were playable, and some classes literally revolved around keeping up a 30sec buff

people go on and on about how great vanilla was raiding wise yet it was literally unballanced as fuck and that is literally what people QQ about in todays WoW. "this class does 5% more damage nerf them and buff me"

Plus most of the people that claim they play vanilla are full of shit.

dont get me wrong WoW has made some wrong choices but they also made some good ones.

The only reasons shit like nost works are

>its free, apparently 50cents a day is a crazy huge price for some

>its free (this point is literally twice as important as the others

>all the people that say they loved vanilla are lying so its literally a new/different game for them

>its a 12 year old game and people ride it for nostalgia.
People beg blizzard to make vanilla servers all the time but they won't and they shouldn't because as soon as you add in that 50cents a day fee 90% of the players would quit
>>
>>670655774
Razorgore
>>
>>670656232
>it wasnt balanced

You make it sound like if that is a bad thing. I would argue that the homogenisation and abandonment of the traditional rock, paper, scissors model is what destroyed a lot of how unique classes felt.

>not all specs were playable

That was a problem, I agree. Particularly how warriors were the only viable tanks until TBC.

>some classes literally revolved around keeping up a 30sec buff

That is the traditional support class that WoW only scratched the surface of, unfortunately. Affliction warlocks turned out to be almost an exclusively debuff class, but paladins and shamans were never expanded on being proper support classes, but rather having their roles as healers and damage dealers enhanced. I feel they neglected an exciting opportunity here to carve out support classes like Lord of the Ring Online's minstrel and Guild War's mesmer.

>that is literally what people QQ about in todays WoW. "this class does 5% more damage nerf them and buff me"

Yes, you admit it is a problem yourself. Again, classes have almost become identical in their execution and skillsets, so players have long been accustomed to this. This has unfortunately caused the problems you describe when people can only differentiate themselves from others through something as boring as math.

>Plus most of the people that claim they play vanilla are full of shit.

I don't think they are. It would be an odd thing to lie about. Particularly with the popularity of private servers, people who have forgotten what vanilla was like, as well as those who were too young to experience it, they all now get a proper impression of what the state of the game was over 10 years ago compared to now. And it really was much, much different.

Now regarding your point about Nostalrius' success, you are just wrong. It's very obvious that the most popular private servers are those that offer previous expansions and not the current.
>>
>>670650642
Lol newfag
>>
>>670656232
Haha I'm one of those non-lying faggots who played since vanilla and I agree with a lot of this. I hated that if you rolled a pally, druid, shaman or priest you were instantly considered a healer. Whilst a lot of it is still nostalgic I think back on some pretty horrible things too. Such as being a hunter who was trying to get tier 0 gear from strat/scholo/UBRS and being forced to create my own raids and spamming invites to certain classes just to avoid having to compete against the abundance of other hunters especially when you considered how long it took
>>
>>670650642
Wow is dead.
>>
reason why people tend to like old expansion rather than new is simple really: old ones were harder. Now before you fags enrage, let me explain.

>pve then
40 men raid, most items were useful to a lot of classes, like healer paladins rolling for clothes and sometimes raid leader wouldn't enforce class priority (eg: a priest for cloth), items couldn't be traded once assigned, ninja common as fuck, gearing up was a bitch, you needed a guild to do things the right way, you had to know strats and in some raids, even a mistake made by one member could lead to a wipe, raiding required attuning, hours and hours of quest to get the privilege to gain access. having alts was a fucking nightmare since you had to do whatever i just wrote x2/3/etc, less useful racial skills, getting rep was hard as fuck/timeconsuming as shit. leveling was a nightmare, getting enough gold to do something as easy as getting a mount required guild effort in raids, raids were huge
>pve now
game automatically assigns loot based on the loot you pick, you can queue and pug raids, you can farm for legendary items and marks to get top tier with next to no effort. few people bother do mythic, anything below that you can cheese throug pugs. Alts has heirloom account bound, heirloom grows in power with you, is always best quality compared to any item you can get up till level cap, quests to get mounts are gone, arrow and shards are gone, you can get in raid whenever you want, raids are short (a good geared raid could clear icc25hc in 1.5 hours?) human racials so op that holy shit you don't even need a trinket to dispell stuns in pvp, aoe mute/interrupt bloodelves, pallies for horde, shammies for alliance, armor pieces that raise experience and rep gain, you can buy insta level cap, exploration is gone forever, everyone sits their asses in their garrison to farm gold and play for free
>>
>>670657280
Let me elaborate on my point about Nostalrius. You say that the server is popular because it's free. That is what I an contending is false, because Warlords of Draenor private servers are nowhere near as populated and popular as servers that Nostalrius, Warmane and Atlantiss. You are forgetting that if the developers of these servers did charge money, then they would be profiting from Blizzard's work, which would obviously be in violation of their copyright. So they rely on donations to stay adrift, but they cannot charge their users any money for their services. This is why your argument does not work.
>>
>>670657588
Sorry, I misquoted. This post was intended as a reply for >>670656232
>>
>>670650642
The original WoW and BC were the best by far. A case can be made for WotLK, but that was when it really started changing.

I played everything up through about 9 months of MoP. Its a very different game than what came out in December 2005. I wont bother explaining anything though. OP can just convince himself of whatever he wants. Idrgaf
>>
If you think BC and Wrath were improvements youre a fucking moron because that was when the decline happened and any player that PAID ATTENTION since Beta/Vanilla can tell you why.
-EXP gains increased
-Game was difficulty adjusted. Quests/questing was meant for a small group of 2-3 whereas current WoW questing is EASILY soloable by almost any class.
-Nearly all world Elites lost their elite status bumping their originally challenging quests down to throw away status.
-Pets tamed by Hunters originally retained many aspects of the original beast you timed including the skills it knew instead of transforming into just another generic (blank).
-PvP got its own stat for the people not good enough to get stats by playing the game. Resilience is literally the most cancer thing put into WoW right after group finder.
-Group finder made it so not only did you not ever had to communicate with the rest of the people on your server partially destroying the concept of the server community whilst completely destroying any anti-theft personal accountability but you didnt have to even see the world as you are just teleported there for convenience.
-Everything in the game is spoonfed now because the new generation never had to actually complete something challenging in their lives. All classes do almost everything now, anything cool a certain talent spec had was stripped and normalized for the class, paying for a mount is cheaper than paying for dirt on the AH and you wear the same armor from lvl1 to max and it will 99.5% of the time be best in slot by a large margin.

But by all means have fun paying $15 a month for a game that is soon to make you buy 5 (6 if you count vanilla's content) whole expansion games you'll never get to experience the end game for (literally the only thing that matters in WoW these days) or may not even see/play at all as they just jump you right up to near max level.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_122407_185331.jpg (189 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_122407_185331.jpg
189 KB, 1024x768
You know why Vanilla WoW was the best? I'll tell you why.
If you wanted to use a sword, you had to level up that sword 1 point at a time. You found a nice mace later? Level up that shit all the way up to be able to use it effectively.
You wanted to level up? bitch, start doing quests cause in order to go to instances you need some sort of decent gear and no quests would give you the kind of OP gear you got from WOTLK and afterwards.
You wanted a mount? A single mount? start saving gold niggah cause that shit wasn't cheap. Now every god damn side quests gives you a fucking mount.
Leveling up then was a challenge. Now its a fucking joke. You can "dungeon find" your way to 80 if you want without leaving the god damn auction house.
WoW is dead. I played for 7 years and after that 1 month into every expansion. but it got boring after the first week.
The worst thing they did to my paladin? Something I will hate blizz forever...they switched my paladin war horse with an elephant.. A fucking elephant. Fuck you blizzard...just fuck you.
Level up was a chall;enge
>>
>>670650642
Game was still pretty good until the end of WotLK. Ulduar was one of their last great pieces of content.
>>
>>670658015
>Resilience is literally the most cancer thing put into WoW right after group finder.
this
>>
>>670655774
Yea true really, the only thing that really made Vanilla good was the community. The game improved a lot, like think of Naxx for example during vanilla, shit wasn't hard, it was just a long ass tedious grind to even eligible for it. After/during Cata though is when the game and the community both started to crumble and became truly shit. The only criticism I have of wotlk is the welfare epics
>>
>>670659220
Agreed. The separation of pvp and pve gear made it gay as fuck. One of the biggest things IMO
>>
>>670658962
Didn't you have to level your language to speak or some bull shit? I remember talking like a retard before coherent words actually showed up.
>>
>>670659433
You have to do literal virtual school.
>>
>>670650642
haha wut.

the random events were badass kid.
bc was the best tho.
>>
>>670652376

I'm going to use your mother as my fuck toy.

I'm going to have vicious, non consentual sex with her ass.
>>
>>670650642
not to mention vanilla pvp.

and the world pvp.

city raids come on you missed out on the fun side of vanilla, community was great.
>>
>>670659646
Plot twist it's actually you own grandma.
>>
>>670659522
More or less
>>
>>670650642

>asking to disprove an opinion

OP confirmed for retarded.

I've been playing on a vanilla server for years now and I haven't had as much fun with anything that came after BC. Enjoy your timetraveling panda's op, top kek.
>>
>>670650642
bait/10
>>
>>670660115
Which one m8, I need gold for mount pls.
>>
Vanilla was great, because everything took time. Gear took time, even creating a dungeon group took time. "Hur dur no tactics", no, but everyone was fucking undergeared, that was the tactic to play around. No flying mounts aswell, no sitting in Orgrimmar running from AH to mail while queueing for everything. Back then end game wasn't raid for 95% of all people, but we still had tons of fun running around grinding for epic mounts and what not.
TBC introduced flying mounts. This ruined world pvp a shit ton and made everything a bit faster. You gained new abilities and new places to go around, sure it was a bit of an addition to Vanilla, but still, a lot of the grinding and running around fun was removed.
Wrath was good PvP wise and PvE was somewhat alright. They started to nerf abilities a bit and we didn't have as many possibilities.
Anything after Wrath made the game too QoL-expanded. What the problem with WoW is that every expansion removed old content. You had no need to visit vanilla places after 58 in TBC, no reason to visit TBC after 68 in Wrath and so on. What killed the game is removal of content instead of adding to it.
>>
I play Old school Runescape.
>>
I started playing late 2005, so my entry into Vanilla was about a year after launch. Good times.
Some improvements have been made since, but a lot of the "streamlining" and desire to make everything simpler, easier, quicker (and much more linear) has sucked a lot of life out of it.
I only really played regularly until 2010. I've dipped back in on several of the expansions and spend a lot of time smh at the changes they've made.
>>
SWG pre combat upgrade you faggets.
>>
>>670659835

That would make him my father or uncle.
>>
>>670660334
Yes, the slower pace had many advantages. Actually having to travel to dungeons (and the like), gave time for chat and getting to know people. There was much more time for community building.
Also, as a pally who got to experience the epic mount quest chain, I find it laughable that Blizz would remove that from the game. That illustrates their thinking in a nutshell.
>>
>>670650642
i was in football and boxing when wow came out
i remember bullying kids who played it
then someone gave me a stolen time card
then i started playing
it was boring and ugly
>>
I miss my unstopable force WF shaman.

I miss the giant instances, the farming for Barman's shank and the amount of gold and effort it took to get it enchanted. I miss wandering around on foot not having a fucking clue how to rogue. I miss the pride I felt getting a frostwolf epic mount after what felt like years of work.

I haven't played in a while, but every now and again I get the urge. But then i remember they made it retardedly easy to do stuff with pugs and that re-familiarizing myself with macros and key bindings to heal takes a while and a lot of nerd rage for my groups.

oh well. it fun while it lasted.
>>
>>670661650
Lol I always felt like I was cheating getting the frostwolf epic mount.

Never once did I attain the money on my own to pay for mount training in vanilla, guildies paid for me thankfully, and I didn't pay for the mount, I just used the tokens from AV for the frostwolf. It was the same for BC, I remember, playing on Aerie Peak EU, I think my guild leaders name was Zihanna, and we both farmed and quested for hours just to make enough gold for my flying...

Can't truly remember if it was Zihanna though or if it was someone else.
>>
>>670661112
Yeah and? We all know you're one kinky fucker.
>>
>>670655774
40 man Naxx.
>>
>>670658962
this is not vanilla UI this is TBC you didnt play in vanilla loser noob
>>
File: The original.jpg (109 KB, 701x484) Image search: [Google]
The original.jpg
109 KB, 701x484
>>670650642
Tongue.

Less dank, more meme.â„¢
>>
>>670650642
Faggot we all know vanilla wow was just a stepping stone

BC was the end all be all of wow
>>
>>670654607
This.
Comunity is gone this days.
Press a button get a group do shit
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (14 KB, 300x296) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
14 KB, 300x296
I know this is b8 but I wish i could grow with current wow's endgame content but i just dont feel accomplished after putting in time anymore.

normal wow right now
> no one to fucking talk with while questing
>garrison is boring as fuck after a while
>20 - 30 - 40 min dungeon wait time , my fault for picking dps but still
>getting cool 100 lvl gear but green , blue , purples drop like candy and its hard to excited after a while.
>no one is fucking questing around for the most part
ill resub next expansion like i do every expansion and see how legion goes. at least it will inject lifeblood into the servers for a bit. I like the garrison but i kinda hope they toss it, shits boring / ronery

nostralius for now is actually pretty fun just because of how many people are on and it feels good to get awesome loot. There are always partys available to do shit and there releasing a bc server within the next year which will be fucking awesome.
>>
>>670661937
lol i was broke AF for so long at level 60. I had a cool group of guildies, but we weren't rich by any means. certainly there were a few that loved to play the AH game and buy out low priced competitors and set the standard price high for items, and would have like 10k G, but they didn't help people.

I remember running around in that 1 swamp zone at 60% speed while everyone else ran around 100%, chasing Ally and fighting them near Onyxia's lair. People were laughing at me ingame and in ventrillo.

Finally a friend gave me a loan but was like "pay me back nigger!" So I clopped my slow ass to Brill and found the mount guy, trained up, bought a purple Speedy horsey and was so happy. Until I had to learn how to solo farm pickpocket instances to pay the guy back. The grind was real!!!
>>
I just tried getting back into WOW by making a new character, i tried a night elf mage. I dont really like the mage class. can you recommend me a really fun one?
>>
>>670661937
and also, I'll agree that getting the PVP mount was a bit easier than the alternative grind fest for raptors or wolves or Kodos.. but it still took a while to get the rep up to exalted.
>>
File: kekles.png (1 MB, 1196x1520) Image search: [Google]
kekles.png
1 MB, 1196x1520
>>670650642
>>
>>670662833
lol it depends on you man. Druid's are pretty dope for the flexibility they have tho.

I've always enjoyed healing, it was exciting and scary trying to keep people alive. fucking up sucked but if ya had a shaman in the group you were like "its their gold buying Ankhs, not mine XD"
>>
>>670662674
That happened one guy on my realm and in my guild, he ended up going into debt with someone and apparently that one someone made his life living hell, consistently ganking him and shit talking him on the realm, giving him a bad reputation so nobody would group or do anything with him, because he didn't pay it back
>>
Unless you have friends to play with, the game is pretty unplayable. Ever since my friends stoped playing after cata, its been the same shit. Join a raid, off tank dosent know what to do or when to pull aggro or run. Then suddenly everyone points at me like it's my fault. Fucking stupied people man.
>>
>>670663363
I mean the game even gives you a fucking detailed explanation of what to do.
>>
>>670663179
harsh. The guy I got the loan from just gave me shit personally. I payed him back after a while, but not before he gave me a youtube link of Stewie beating the shit out of Brian and saying "WHERE'S MY MONEY MAN??"

Oh the nostalgia...
>>
>>670662208
stop trying to make this meme happen you little shit. it will never happen and you will always be ignored
>>
>>670650642
Wow got better? fucking faggot, it sucked after BC.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_011506_215959.jpg (167 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_011506_215959.jpg
167 KB, 1152x864
>>670650642
It's not about whether vanilla WoW content or gameplay was better or worse.
It's the other players and their attitude that matters when it's an MMO.
It's the exactly same thing why internet was better when it was a new thing; fellow users were friendly and 'in the same boat', all trying to figure things out together.
I played WoW from day1 and the environment was very friendly, I remember helping others a whole lot myself. My common problem in WoW was that people remembered me because I had helped them out and I never remembered who they were.
Also the trouble of getting your ass to an instance entrance or trying to set up a 40 man raid where every member was needed.. even 5 man dungeons required tactics to be layed out, maybe since nobody had good items yet.
All that united people and created a real team mentality.
>>
File: lights6.png (518 KB, 363x600) Image search: [Google]
lights6.png
518 KB, 363x600
As someone who played vanilla in 2015 leveled 1-60 and done all the end game content vanilla has to offer. I just say that vanilla was definitely not th e glory days. It was missing A LOT that it needed. BC introduced cast bars, and being able to see health. You couldnt even have a focus frame in vanilla.
>>
>>670664158
no useful macros as well.
>>
>>670655774

the comment was about BC, l2read dipshit.

Burning Crusade was the peak for PvP fun, PvE mechanics and difficulty and community.

Actually working for gear and keys for heroic/raid attunements.

A balance of world pvp zones, new battlegrounds, the start of arena pvp.

Communities based on people talking and working together. Not just hitting random queues and joining guilds for their shitty perks.

If you think wrath had anything on that level, you're wrong.
>>
>>670650642
>hipsters
>wow players

Pick one
>>
>>670650642
>allround
Wrath>TBC>Draenor>Pandaland>Vanilla>>>cataclysm
>story
Wrath>Draenor>cataclysm>TBC>Vanilla>>>pandaland
>leveling
Cataclysm(old world revamp)>wrath>Draenor>tbc>pandaland>>>Vanilla
>pve progression
TBC>Vanilla>Wrath>Cata>Panda>Draenor
>pvp progression
Cata>wrath>tbc>pandaland>Vanilla>>>Vanilla

Prove me wrong
>>
>>670650642
It was more about the community back then. Now the game is overpopulated with underage school children and from what I understand you can buy a max level account from Blizzard? just not what it used to be, regardless of content.
>>
>>670664769
>Draenor being anywhere but the bottom list
>>
File: 1454518881979.jpg (116 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
1454518881979.jpg
116 KB, 500x376
>>670650642

I'm so glad I got over MMORPGs. I play so many other great video games now. Games I can actually interact with, opposed to shit like WoW which is basically a spreadsheet with 3D graphics.

My numbers are higher than your numbers! Great.
>>
>>670665435

when you break it down, most games are about getting higher numbers
>>
>>670664769
How Draenor is above MoP in any of those categories is a joke
>>
>>670665536
nope, i want rank 1, not rank 258699
>>
>>670654607
Here i can see that you never played vanilla
Vanilla was hard
When i played 12 hours i ran for 8 hours
Finding people for dungeons took ages
You had to fucking run arround everywhere
Bsck then the fucking night was so dark you could not see shit , you got aggro from 10 miles away
People sucked so bad
I was like lvl 27 and killed a lvl 47 warrior with my priest without getting 1 dmg
You wiped 5 times in every dungeon and everything took for ages
>>
File: 1422506068919.jpg (41 KB, 398x500) Image search: [Google]
1422506068919.jpg
41 KB, 398x500
>>670654208
Ulduar was the shit.
>>
>>670664769
Cata had the best raid for me , most epic one , raged quit on mop , came back on dreanor , i played 2month and all i did was fishing kek
>>
File: CtfidQK.gif (133 KB, 311x366) Image search: [Google]
CtfidQK.gif
133 KB, 311x366
>>
>>670665078
cata was the fucking worst for questing. only 5 levels 80-85 took forever to go through a single new content zone. The old world changes were also just meh.
>>
>>670650642
The enitre franchise (WoW, not Warcraft) brought Bobby Kotick into the gaming industry.

I know, I know, he was the CEO of Activision way before WoW was an idea in some Blizzard developer's head, but still. It was WoW's monetary success that made Kotick a prominent figure in the gaming industry.

And he's turned the gaming industry into what it is today, or contributed to some of the worst crimes against developers. Tim Schafer exvluded, becusw he was right about that cuck, and we all had to give Schafer money to realize ut.
>>
>>670652607
Think im falling for this bait lol
>>
>>670665710
oh that running reminds me of how even if you tried to ride past mobs with a horse they would stun you off the horse.. ffs
>>
>>670650642
WoW was okay
TBC was best expansion
WotLK was crap, changed too much too fast to completely changed the game
Cata was 2nd best expansion, returned a lot of the original and changed the environment/quests to pretty much make it like a brand new game all around
Panda worst expansion ever
Daenor I haven't played, but it can't be worse than LK or Panda
and based on the pattern, Legion is going to be pretty crap
>>
>>670650642
>>670666064
>pandaria worst expansion ever

kill yourself faggot, seriously are you one of those guys that goes
>p-p-p-pandas a-a-are g-g-gay

Pandaria did everything perfectly in terms of raids and pvp

fuck off
>>
Vanilla wow is better socially engineered, better constructed for an mmo than current wow.
>>
>>670666064
Panda was worse expansion ever? No no no no, it was one of the best easily
>>
>>670666326
>pandas
>good
Pandaria was complete ass.
>>
>>670664149
There is really some truth to this.
>>
wrath>bc>panda>cata=vanilla>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>wod
>>
>>670665078
Agree 100% Draenor was horseshit.
>>
>>670666356
vanilla wow = immersive
current wow = genetic console game
>>
>>670650642
Nice b8 m8 fucking kek
>>
>>670659646
No you're not. Because you're just a nobody on the internet. Saying you're going to use someone's mother as whatever doesn't make it a fact or a prophecy.

It just makes you look like a dull empty shell of a person with hollow threats over the internet.
>>
>>670666422
How? It had everything really, the only negatives were SoO for a long time

New Class
New Race
New Continent
Very good raiding
Tot, SoO, HoF
New interesting lore
Treasure hunting
Rare hunting
New and interesting mounts, a fuck ton of variety as well
Brawlers arena
Scenarios
Pvp and pve dailies
Thunder Isle
Dinosaur Island
Timeless Isle
Fuck ton of world bosses
Revived world pvp with timeless isle
Lot's of factions with interesting and unique rewards

I'm sure I'm missing a bunch, but MoP was the step in the right direction
>>
>>670655407
EXACTLY
vanilla was the glory days to so many because of the community it had back then, not because of the gameplay.

i never even played vanilla and i can understand that.
>>
>>670666698
Yea WoD it shit, but it's MoP we're talking about. At least game-wise it was an improvement.
>>
>>670666814
you must be great at parties
>>
Agreed, Vanilla was not the best WoW, I think that the best is Wrath personally
>>
>>670666432
Well the other thing is that WoW introduced a lot of things that is nowadays taken for granted.
when vanilla came out it was one of a kind game with stuff that had never existed before.
it's the very reason for nostalgia in the first place and how people as a collective experience things for the first time, together.
take for example Half-Life 1 and 2.. both introduced new ways for story telling in FPS, physics and altering the environment, lip synced facial morphs / bone systems. nowadays all that is copied a million times and improved upon. Nobody can claim that Wolfenstein 3D is the best FPS ever, but it was ground breaking at the time and lots of people have fond memories about it.. and maybe for them, the game really is the best one.
not a hard concept to understand. same applies to any form of art, piece of music, or even your first car.
>>
It's like this, Planescape Torment goes to diablo3, that's the transition between wc3/vanilla towards present
>>
>>670667219
a degeneration of the fundamentals into a more marketable product.
>>
>>670666422
Found the LFR raider.
>>
>>670667530
the only thing worth of the entire expansion was brawlers and proving grounds.
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 800x734) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 800x734
tfw all your friends don't play anymore and you literally have none

tfw you will never get off school, go straight to your computer and get greeted by your guild and go grind some dungeons

tfw you will never play those xpacs ever again

I'm 13/13m now and have been playing since late classic. the game has changed
>>
>>670655774
I got a whole raid that is near the same mechanics as Wrath heroic.

Fucking entire Naxxramas 40 you piece of shit wrath baby.
>>
>>670667212
>Update
Yea I totally agree, though I also think the sheer difficulity of everything in vanilla, was a big part of what made the world such a great place to form bonds with people and make friends. You could level alone from 1-60 but making friends along the way was just alot easier, and a lot more fun. It was such an awesome experience to log on with people around the world and explore an open world filled to the brim with dangerous mobs,quests and bosses. I really enjoyed it.
>>
>>670667076

you're a tremendously unoriginal faggot and should literally kill yourself
>>
>>670667212
Eh no not really. Whenever I see this argument, people usually just say that WoW either stole from Everquest or SWG, which is most likely true.
>>
Let me dispel this myth that Blizzard doesn't know what they are doing, Blizzard perfectly knows what their doing, they are trying to turn WoW from what made it great into the rest of the games.
Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.