[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the point of looking for a job when people will not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 17
File: 1428699245750.jpg (12 KB, 353x352) Image search: [Google]
1428699245750.jpg
12 KB, 353x352
What's the point of looking for a job when people will not even hire you. I see now why people resort to crime since it's a better way to gain money and fast.
>Also feels thread
>>
I've been in the same boat as you for four months. I just gave up and applied at Walmart. I have an interview Tuesday.
>>
>>668448192
Me too, except it's been six months and my interview is with Fred Meyer
>>
Girl I'm insanely I'm love with has always flirted with me but she just got proposed to by her boyfriend.... She said yes.

Anyway to deal with the pain?
>>
>>668448520
alcohol
>>
>>668448701
I don't feel like going down that path. I already smoke. I just feel like laying in bed for a few days and listening to sad music
>>
>>668447784

Where are you?
>>
Jesus, there sure are a lot of whiny bitches on here tonight.

Dude: Learn how to do either Home Electric or Plumbing.

Either of those two jobs you can get work fixing stuff for people to lazy or too stupid to do it for themselves.

Make money. Buy a truck. Get some business cards printed up and pass them out to mailboxes all over town. Get more jobs. Take money to bank.

Pretty simple, really.

I feel like Alec Baldwin in Glen Gary Glen Ross. You hear me, you fucking faggots!?
>>
>>668449114
A bunch of fucking nonsense..
Treating people like that.
When the hell do you get off ?
>protip - we can't all be plumbers or electricians. And you need people to know about you. And that takes time. We all know that.
>>
File: Klopp.jpg (56 KB, 279x268) Image search: [Google]
Klopp.jpg
56 KB, 279x268
>Be employer
>See resume
>White, christian male
>Into the trash it goes
>mfw
>>
>>668449114

This. Learn a trade and get good at it. Plenty of places crying themselves to death waiting for decent engineers/mechs/carpenters. I just finished a contract at the horse prison.
>>
Today is my birthday
I'm spending my birthday browsing /b/
>>
>>668447784
What do you mean, "people" will not even hire you? That's not a concrete argument! It means nothing! Who in particular didn't hire you, then analyse the reasons for that. Odds are, it was for a bullshit reason. Try, try and try again. (Faggot)
>>
>>668449414

You see this watch?

This watch is worth more than your car...

Now Put The Coffee Down.

Coffee is for Closers.
>>
Have you considered enlisting in the military?
>>
>>668448520
Who gives a shit you cuck? She has a boyfriend. You would have told her before this if you had really liked her. So I guess you're not that into her.
>>
>>668449438
>what is "Temporary Work (Skilled) Visa (Subclass 457)"

Your parents knew this would happen, else they would have helped you. Get educated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLbF26JBJ9I
>>
>>668449438
What the fuck? So you like having a bunch of heathen, niggers to work for you? Let me know how that works out.
>>
>>668450004
>>668450013

How did it taste?
>>
>>668449460
>horse prison
I am intrigued
>>
>>668450191
Yuo're actually a nigger.
>>
File: url.jpg (43 KB, 331x356) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
43 KB, 331x356
>>668450013
Well I've been running my business since I was 24. Started off with mostly white employees but gradually they were phased out as they would fuck around on the job so it seems to be going well so far.

How far does that welfare check get you?
>>
>>668449914
I did tell her...
>>
>>668450235

I was fitting the last of the mouldings.
>>
>>668450670
I don't see how this should make you sad. You didn't even date her. Anyway, "It is better to have loved and lost..."
>>
>>668450625
what kind of business is it?
>>
File: 1449139994917.jpg (29 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1449139994917.jpg
29 KB, 512x384
>>668450625
Do you work at the feels factory?

I knew they only hired indians these days...
>>
What pisses ME off, is "Overqualified". Bitch if I want this job, I DON'T GIVE A FUCK. You can't tell me I AM TOO GOOD AT IT SO I CAN'T DO IT. That doesn't make any god damn sense ! It's like saying "oh.. your alienware system is far too good so therefore it can't run NES ROM emulators." This society, is the reason I will most likely end up doing extremely illegal and immoral things for a living.
>>
>>668451212
Its because they think you'll try to get promoted to their position or higher and will want raises.
>>
>>668449822
"People" as in employers, have some common sense fuckhead. How the hell am I supposed to know why I don't get hired. But yes I agree with you with try and try again.
>>
>>668451212
it's like saying this
>be chef with 5 years experience
>boss wants me to hire sous-chef
>he has 10 years experience
>I am jealous
>he must never meet my boss
>sabotage all his shit.

so I don't hire him simple. Never keep people who are better than you it could reduce your mating pool.
Reminder: You're living with apes not gods or intelligent robots.
>>
>>668447784

OP, No.

When looking for a job you have to apply multiple times to the same places. When HR departments and Managers look through applications online or on paper they will eventually notice your name on them and call you. Be persistent. Also don't be afraid to give the employer a call and ask for the general manager. It gives them a voice, or even better if you go in person and ask to see the general manager aabout your application it will give them a face and voice to recognize when they see your application. Protip faggot, dress neatly. No cargo shorts and fedora.
>>
>>668447784
Good question, I have not yet found the answer to, even in a more complicated situation where the places are never hiring, just mocking the only guy that never bought some sort of 'mexican' experience complete with working for no salary for a single day in non compliance with local labor laws
>>
>>668450670
I kniw how you feel here the same
Have a hug bro
>>
File: 201411_2112_bfdaa_sm.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
201411_2112_bfdaa_sm.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
>>668451923
is this your mum?
>>
File: 1312867953569.png (185 KB, 400x305) Image search: [Google]
1312867953569.png
185 KB, 400x305
>>668449438
So wait, is it a white, Christian guy making these decisions?

>Atheist here
>>
>>668451396
That's so retarded ! How would they know that I would want one ? Maybe I just want a nice peaceful job. But even if they somehow DID know what the fuck I wanted, you're telling me that they fear getting asked for a raise ? Like they would be incapable of refusing me ? Then why not just give me a choice, and say : " Look, we're giving you the job you want, but you will never get a raise. " I mean at least give me the offer for fuck's sakes. WTF is this ?
>>
>>668452131
My mom died of brain cancer in August of 2015 so no. She didn't really like complaining either. Also laugh at it all you want but that really is the way ti get a good job. Show enthusiasm above everyone else and be some what annoying, just a little. Maybe they will give you an interview to stop your applications, and might like what they see.
>>
>>668448192
>>668448387
I'm at 11 months right now, going through my last $.
About time to kill myself
>>
>>668451794
So what would be the reason for not hiring him ? " You're overqualified " ?
Because in that case, that should be freaking illegal. I mean it would hurt the boss. And we all know everyone just loves big ass corporations and capitalism. So when it comes to things like these, why not make it illegal ? There should be a law, that is to make EVERY job refusal or whatever, be explained in great detail and bs reasons like "youll take muh job" to be invalid to give.
>>
>>668452690
I mean, we already have "you can't fire me without a good reason law here (italy, idk if it's in the states too). Why not the "you can't not hire me without a good reason law" ?
>>
>>668450902
She liked me, I liked her. She liked her boyfriend a little more I guess. I thought I had a chance...
>>
>>668447784
I was there one, turned my shit around.

>be me
>Mid twenties, only ever done manual work
>Stuck looking after retarded best friend
>knrw his aunt, promised to look after him when she died
>anyway, have to change jobs alot
>friend keeps fucking shit up
>Feelsbadman.jpg
>get a new job on farm
>helping with harvest and shit
>meet the guys, they all cool
>bosses son is dick, cuck too
>his gf is 8/10 but cocktease
>tell buddy to stay away
>sick of moving about so come up with plan
>gunna save pay, buy own farm
>determined.zip
>couple of guys wanna come in as partners

Fast forward a few months, almost got enough to get our farm

>playing game in time off one afternoon
>anon comes to get me
>been a problem with retard bro
>go to barn
>bosses daughter in law dead as fuck
>ohshit.webm
>bosses son wants to kill him
>go out and find retard bro first
>Can't do it anymore
>shoot retard bro
>sadface.jpg

After things cleared up we took retard bros money and bought our farm, named a rabbit after retard bro.
>>
>be out drinking with my friends
>friend makes a joke about my degree being worthless and me having no career prospects
>he's probably right
>immediately walk out in front of a car and try and kill myself
>car swerves to avoid me, minor crash ensues
>get the fuck out of there before anyone notices and gets mad, go to next bar, pretend it never happened

what the fuck is wrong with me?
>>
Hungry poorfag
Help /b/
[email protected]
$5 will help big time
>>
>>668452257
I didn't explain this very well and it may come off as being autistic. What I mean is.. I've been rejected by HR guys on the "you're overqualified" reason. I was applying for a sector totally unrelated to theirs. How would that be taking their job ? It makes no sense.
>>
You can't find a job, eh?
LETS GO THROUGH THE STEPS! YAYYYYYY!

>Got a practical degree/certification
>Applying for job that you have experience in
>Physically going to locations
>Multiple applications, every day
>Seriously, no one gives a flying FUCK about your associates in business
>Dress and act like a goddamn adult

No luck?
>THEN GO TO YOUR FUCKING LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE FOR A TRADE SCHOOL
>Beggars can't be choosers, and electricians make 6 figs

Yea, the job market sucks, but heres the deal. You aren't going to get your dream job, but you sure as hell don't have to work retail till you're 40. Just suck it up and try some new shit. Take some welding classes. Learn how to fix shit.

Source: Am hired in gud job
>>
>>668453452
>Applying for job that you have experience in
How do I get experience if I can't get a job retard
>>
>>668453549
he never explains that part, because he's a fucking moron.
>>
>>668453227
Motherfucker, you can go into a different career field without wasting money at UNI. It's not the end of the world, don't be so dramatic. If depression persists, see a doctor.
>>
>>668453161
top kek
>>
>>668453613
Tons of places recognize classes as experience, practical labor especially. Fab shops will be all over you if you took welding courses and have an OSHA certification.
>>
>>668453549
You can't.

That's the catch 22 on the american job market. I'm 27 and I've never had a regular job.
>>
>>668453702
i'm not even doing a bad degree, i study neuroscience, i've literally wanted to be a scientist as long as i can remember and i haven't cocked that up yet, but i'm still like, i'm not contributing, i'll have to be in school for 6 more years, wasting taxpayer money, if i was worth training up i would have achieved something already. Thats whats getting to me.
>>
>>668453549
What I meant was that you don't go applying for jobs you don't know shit about, like IT when you've never even TOUCHED C++.
My bad on that part, should have said classes.
>>
File: 1396545335445.jpg (58 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1396545335445.jpg
58 KB, 720x540
so, speaking of work
>climb thru ranks of career
>have stressful but well paying office job
>start to burn out big time
>start seeing shrink
>end up losing job because so depressed/anxious I can't do anything, not even call in, without flipping the fuck out
>suicidal all the time
>shrink suggests I apply for disability
>try many meds, they all either don't work or make me sick as fuck
>justfuckmyshitup.jpg
>year and a half spent appealing denials of disability, trying new meds, different therapists, different treatments
>afraid to even attempt part time work because I don't want the social security people to see it and think I can work, because I'm still freaking out all the time
>burn thru 401k money and live off loans from family
>off my nut from dopey ass drugs, insomnia, depression, etc.
>need medical opinion of impairment from a medical doctor for my case
>send form to shrink, doesn't fill it out
>send him another form, doesn't fill it out
>come to find out he doesn't feel qualified to determine whether I can work or not because I haven't been working for most of the time he's seen me
>well fucking duh
>mfw this is the same person who told me to apply for disability in the first goddamn place
>mfw hearing is next tuesday and my lawyer, who doesn't get paid unless he wins the case, has to go to court without the main thing he needs, just a bunch of assorted medical records and shit

>inb4 depression doesn't real, idgaf if you think it's real or not
>inb4 leeching off the taxpayer, I worked for 15 years and paid taxes the whole time before this, not that I feel the gov't owes me anything, but it's not as if I didn't pay into the system too
roast away, idgaf anymore. would kill self but every time I have mentioned it my mom has burst into tears, so I am pretty sure it would wreck her if I did. also I think my wife would miss me a lot. she had chances to leave but didn't so I guess she loves me.
>>
>>668447784
join the french foreign legion if you don't have any other career plans, the pay is pretty decent, they accept pretty much anyone, and it'll be an adventure
>>
>>668447784
If you speak English natively, go take an ESL course with a job placement company in a SE Asian country. Almost a guaranteed job
>>
>>668453227

Shitty deal man, when did this happen?

Glad your ok... did your friend see?
>>
>>668454295
>>668453452
This guy said the answer.
There is a very, VERY high chance you'll never land your dream job, but you don't know if you'll enjoy a particular type of work until you try it.

Not gonna lie, neuroscience is VERY specialized and the science field is just over-saturated with lads like you. No offense.
>>
>>668454656
on tuesday
yeah but i played it off like it was a joke, i was really hammered so it was kinda believable, cheers bruv
>>
>>668453227
I walked out in front of a car once on purpose, while drunk off my ass, screaming at them to hit me. they didn't though, just stopped, and a buddy helped me across the street.

I was a shitheel in college
>>
>>668447784
welcome to the world of retail op be prepared to hate your life
>>
>>668454431

Hey anon, thanks for sharing.

That's a shitty deal. Are you expecting to get fucked over in court?

Glad to hear you have people to live for, any reason to stay alive is a good one in my books.

How you feeling tonight?
>>
>>668454853

Cheers man. What are you taking, anyway? And what's the job market like wherever you are?
>>
>>668449637
Happy birthday anon
>>
>>668454774
this is true, though I will say from experience: DO NOT STAY IN A JOB YOU HATE. FIND A NEW JOB AND GET OUT ASAP. don't tell yourself it will get better because it won't. just, if anybody reading this hates their job: please protect what is left of your soul and try to look for something better. even if you can't find anything for a while, at least try. I didn't and it wrecked my life.
>>
>>668454431
Instead of burning thru 401k money, you moron, you should have invested that shit ! Just .. idk just buy a little store, set it up, hire people, make something happen, you sack of shit. No sympathy, you had that kind of money, man.. fuck you. You don't know shit about how bad others have it. Fucking sack of shit.. how did you spend that exactly ? On what ? I mean.. I guess it's easy when you're just BUYING SHIT all the time that you don't need, overpriced bs that don't service you financially in any way.
>>
>>668454334
Bullshit, they ask me every time, so do you have any working-experience in the field.
And I did an extra year with practical training to try to avoid that shit

>>668454044
Europe actually here, but eh controlled by the same system so doesn't matter
>>
>>668455059
ty anon. feeling bummed and not too hopeful about court tuesday, but you never know. if nothing else, I guess I'll try to find some kind of work that I can actually do. or try different jobs and if I get fired for being a crazy asshole, reapply for disability and use the string of firings as proof. can't get too much worse.
>>
File: 1454643703084.jpg (33 KB, 500x551) Image search: [Google]
1454643703084.jpg
33 KB, 500x551
Eh, may as well post feels because this is boring.
>>
>>668454295
>>668455218
this
non existent, i have to do postgrad stuff, which don't get me wrong, i'd love to do, but i just feel like i'm wasting everyone's time.

i know it sounds stupid but like, if i'm not the top of my class am i ever really going to be smart enough to contribute anything?

my friends keep laughing at me for doing "a psychology degree" which isn't helping either
>>
>>668447784
Fucking lazy fucks like you probably are going to vote for Bernie as well....
Unless you are actually reatarded places will hire you, you just aren't trying hard enough.
I ha to apply to over a hundred places over 2 months before I got my current job.
stop making excuses.
>>
>>668455684

np man.

does being a crazy asshole involve getting arrested/charged with harassment? That could fuck your shit up even worse.
>>
What kind of crimes involves the least harm to other people?
Errr just for the sake of creativity thinking
>>
>>668450670
And you haven't moved on?
Well at least your genes won;t be reintroduced
>>
>>668448520
you dont like her as much as you think
they all parrot the guy they date except to a lesser extent. you might as well be in love with her fiance who is probably chill, listens to good music, plays vidya and works out a few times a week.
>>
>>668454922
yeah its like, the dickest way to try and kill yourself, 'cause if you pull it off you're making a total stranger feel personally responsible, i feel so bad for the guy i walked out infront of
>>
>>668455391
dude I only had like $15k. how was I supposed to run a business when I couldn't check my fucking e-mail without having a panic attack? what part of "unable to work" is giving you comprehension problems?

and yeah I spent it on useless shit. electricity? who needs that shit? meds? pfft. heating? this is minnesota, we don't need heat here.

1/10 for irritating me enough that I bothered to reply.
>>
>>668455843

Friends sound like dicks. Oh well.

You're doing better than me, fam, I dropped out, have had student loan debt hanging over my head ever since.

What does "contribute something" mean to you, man? Are you worried about getting your name on a plaque somewhere?

What is it exactly you want to DO with your life?
>>
>>668456407
Make it to the end
>>
File: dingding.png (230 KB, 488x366) Image search: [Google]
dingding.png
230 KB, 488x366
>>668456153
> *sigh*
What are you thinking of doing, anon?
>>
>>668447784
Because it helps you grow as a person.
>>
>>668449414
Virtually any lazy fuck can pick up a skilled trade like wiring, plumbing, it or automotive mechanics.
Youd all just rather sit around and bitch
>>
>>668456037
nah mostly I would just get overwhelmed and angry about it and either panic/freeze up and not be able to do anything, or get super mad and rant at people.

>>668456153
probably drug possession
>>
>>668455515
You can say bullshit all you want, but I got a job with an Associates with no prior exp. than retail.
They offered part time while I got my bachelors and they paid some of it. Didn't even go into debt because I went to Community College first.

And you know what? The pay isn't amazing, but I actually like where I'm at.
I had the same mentality as a lot of you when I was in college. I went to Uni m first year in some dumb specialized degree. Then after talking with a lot of people I said fuck it and got smart. This generation was fucked from the beginning with all that "YOU CAN BE ANYTHING" nonsense. This is the real world, motherfucker.

And just to note, it still takes literally thousands of resumes before you get hired, so if you haven't hit that, you got lucky or you aren't trying hard enough.
>>
>>668451212
It means they know you could get a better job with higher pay , and they don't want the prospect of you suddenly leaving.
>>
File: rdj34.jpg (98 KB, 404x404) Image search: [Google]
rdj34.jpg
98 KB, 404x404
>>668456527
Pretty sure that's inevitable, man, everybody makes it to the end. Literally everybody.

Sounds like a backwards ass way of saying you're suicidal.

So.... why exactly are you're friends jokes worrying you so much?

You sound like you have a decent future either way.
>>
>>668456582

Just toying with the idea of making money by criminal means.
>>
>>668456363
you said 401k you scum-fucking-suck-sucking shitcocker.
Now it's 15k ? See your bullshit ? It's over there, yea. That's the one. "Unable to work" - A business is not really work. You just HIRE people to work. You cockfucker, you couldn't even do that ? Jeez, I guess amerifarts really are the lousiest cucks.
>>
>>668448941
Sonic Youth - A Thousand Leaves
>>
>>668451923
Real talk. This
>>
>>668453010
I can see why she chose him over you, your a fucking pussy. If you loved her it should have given you motivation to improve yourself so she would have more interest in you. But all I see is a whiney faggot.
>>
>>668456407
i mean, that's kind of what i started wanting to do, if i get a protein named after me or something i figured some kid would read it in a textbook after i'm dead and wonder what i was like as a person, but thats kind of a pipe dream, really i just want someone to respect me

i told my dad i wanted to do a PhD and he was like "why won't you get a real job?"
>>
>>668451212
I read in some resume advice site that you aren't required to list all your qualifications. depending on what you're applying for, you could leave some stuff off.
>>
>>668456649

Well, it's good that you know yourself so well, anon.

Hope your court goes well, not much I can say there.

You sound like you've at least got a plan for the worst.

Good luck, fam.
>>
>>668456637
I havn't been on here in a LONG fucking time, and god damn does it feel like thats what's happening.
>>
Go be a landscaper OP.
Go join the army.
I mean fuck if your skill set wont get you a job, learn a new skill set.
>>
>>668457060
I dunno if this is bait or you're just plain retarded. At this point I'm just really hoping you're not a fellow britfag
>>
>>668457285
It ain't easy learning a new skill set.
>>
>>668447784
LOL, criminal work is just as hard as civilian work.
>>
>>668453161
hahaha I actually kekd
>>
>>668457060
not $401,000. a 401k retirement fund. why are you angry at me for what a bunch of accountants decided to call a retirement fund?
>>
>>668447784
Call Obama, he fixed the economy and the unemployment crisis, remember? Surely he can find you a job!
>>
File: kfam.jpg (124 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
kfam.jpg
124 KB, 400x400
>>668457028
>>
>>668457183
Stop wanting others to respect you and respect your fucking self, bro.

People will gravitate, naturally, to someone who is on their mental game and knows their shit. You sound intelligent bro, just be a fucking bulldozer and be strong.

Much love my man, been through hell and back myself. I know the feelz
>>
>>668453161
Of mice and men
Try again.
>>
>>668453161
best zozzle
>>
>>668457465
Its not supposed to be easy, its supposed to be work. It feeds you, clothes you, and shelters you.
>>
>>668457157
>improve self to please a female
>not a whiny faggot
Fuck off beta fag
>>
I'm severly depressed but my family is always fighting with me and calling me lazy.
I asked them if I could be completely alone at home for a day, just to clear my head, and they agreed. I'm gonna kill myself then, and they don't suspect a thing.
>>
>>668454591
Be careful about this. You're guaranteed a job but you're likely to be treated like absolute shit, even in Japan.
>>
>>668457183
Your dad is a stupid cunt for that.
However, the mentality that you want to "make a difference" is what's keeping you from getting hired anywhere. Not everyone gets to be an astronaut, and not everyone gets their name in textbooks. You seriously need to get past that. I know I'm just some rando faggot, but seriously, that's the issue. I was the same way in High School. Wanted to make an impact in space exploration.
>>
>>668457655
Well aren't you just the coolest faggot in the faggot competition, faggot.
>>
>>668450674
this hasn't made the thing any clearer. why is there a horse prison? what does a horse do to end up there? who sentences the horse? so many questions...
>>
>>668447784
Do you have any skills? Or actual job qualifications?
>>
>>668447784
Leaving aside all the other problems with your post, drug dealing is a full-time job, if you slack off for even a couple days, you'll be out of money and your clients will move on.
Also, drug dealers don't make very much short term, unless you are doing extremely large scale deals.
And to do that, you have to have startup money.
And you have no job.
>TLDR: either go out and find a job, or get ready to barely scrape by for the next three years working your ass off and risking everything constantly.
>>
>>668448701
Yep, old reliable.
>>
File: download.jpg (10 KB, 254x199) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10 KB, 254x199
I work nights full time in a bakery doing hard manual labor, and go to school full time.

Suck it up. Places are always hiring, especially factories, general labor jobs, and temp agencies.

Grow the fuck up. Get a job, and stop being a NEET faggot who live off your folks.
>>
>>668457183

Sorry to say man, but every bright kid that walks into university expects to have a protein named after them or some shit. So you're not the next da Vincia. Oh well. At least you're educating yourself.

Sorry your dad isn't supportive, but oh well. Is he expecting help with bills, or just wants a son with a "respectable" job?

Keep your nose down and get the degree you're shooting for, and that will make a big difference for you. It's your life man.
>>
>>668457780
Ye, but you can't just go out and earn a new skill set like that. You need to go to college for 4 years and pay for it or self teach which can be even more difficult
>>
>>668457060
actually you're kind of right though. if someone with as many rage issues as you can hold down a job, maybe there's hope for me yet. thank you anon, you have brightened my day.
>>
>>668449438
damnit klopp you crazy bastard
>>
>>668457465
First off, yes, it really is. There are websites dedicated to teaching you fucking anything.
Second, your mentality is the problem here, not the job market. If you're too lazy to learn something new, you're fucking done.
>>
>>668453385
>AOL.com
There's your problem.
>>
>>668457424
No, fuck you. What was the reason for your depression. THE JOB ? Are you fucking serious ? Burn out ? Wtf does that mean ? You just got tired of doing the same shit or something. And now you're trying to exploit the system (not judging you on this, fuck the system). But you need to realize that you could have at least see it coming and prepared for it with some money to invest in something. Not just waste it.
>>668458042
>MANY rage issues
As if there are many.
>>
>>668451396
Or that you are just looking for something short term until you find something better.
>>
>>668457801
Grow the fuck up.
>>
>>668447784
maybe if you got an education or stopped being a brown nigger then people will hire you.
>>
>>668457060
>No idea what a 401k is
>age:13
Piss off juvenile. Finish your homework.
>>
>>668458209
I've spent the last couple of months teaching myself Java and I still can't make a simple fucking program. Shit is hard.
>>
File: 1442088945875_2.jpg (35 KB, 288x492) Image search: [Google]
1442088945875_2.jpg
35 KB, 288x492
>tfw the world is a normalfagworld
>>
>>668457801
real smart, leave them in even a shittier place. how selfish are you?
>>
>>668452942
>>668452690
>>668451212

No, you're fucking retarded. He's giving a good reason that will help his company and it will save the poor guy from having a shitty time. The guy who's hiring gets to make the decision as to what's best for his workplace, obviously you imbecile.
If you're overqualified then find a better job, how hard can it fucking be? Don't you have a career path?
>>
I am very disappoint in UK, I am good mans and have large family. No can find work that is good for me. All say benefits in UK is too high, but my younger sons must share room and all can afford is lease on old (6 year) Grand Scenic. This year we can not have holiday with culture because is too much, instead just go to Majorca and sit at bar, not good for childers.

So stupid. But at least I get good drug tablet free, they help my hurting leg and also some moneys!
>>
>>668458003
i don't know what the fuck he wants, i was really autistic as a kid, like, until i was 12 the only food i would eat was like, jam sandwiches or chicken nuggets, and i cried all the time over the smallest shit, refused to learn to write and stuff, you'd think he'd just be happy i came out relatively normal, but nah i guess he wants me to follow in his footsteps and become a middle manager or something
>>
>>668452131
Speaking to the manager actually helps though, if you have social skills and you're not a post-2000s born NIGGER NEET. Jesus Christ stop looking at nigger memes, you might start liking niggres.
>>
>>668458021
Fuck you m8
STEP FUCKING ONE >Apply at local Community College
STEP FUCKING TWO >Financial Aid
STEP FUCKING THREE >TRADE SCHOOL YOU DUMB FUCK
STEP FUCKING FOUR >Enjoy your employment
>>
>>668458260
Kek, different anon. I was just pointing out that either you are a purveyor of shit teir bait, or genuinely so retarded the only job you could dare to dream of is working in a mail room using that big ol' slobbering tongue to lick stamps.
>>
>>668457849
yeah i know, but i've sunk so much of my life into this that i can't really give up now
>>
>>668455804
Now let me ask you, smart Alec, where should the word "kintsukuroi" be hyphenated at the end of a line?
>>
File: nikolai.jpg (8 KB, 341x321) Image search: [Google]
nikolai.jpg
8 KB, 341x321
>>668458600

But did you yell taxi commander, commrade?

You must punch in face, defeat commander, and occupy cat.
>>
>>668458209
Having a skill and convincing an employer that you have it are often very different things. Half the reason for going to school is to get a certificate that says you have skills.
>>
>>668458739
You make it sound like it's so fucking easy. Why would you get financial aid if you didn't even finish High school.
>>
>>668457801
honestly grow up you whiny faggot. i bet your grandpa didnt say some gay shit like that when he was raw dogging your gma or killing germans in the ardennes
>>
>>668458915

I am no this, explain please.
>>
>>668458479
I tried programming at some point too, I fucking suck at it.
If you aren't good at learning languages, it's probably not for you.
>>
>>668449903
stfu. Don't give anyone that fucking idea. Its miserable as fuck and not worth the 8 years.
>>
>>668458021
Checkit, ill give ya some background.

>be me 31
>Be army OIF 09-10 veteran
>operations, supply chain management, logistics, warehousing
>25 credits from BA Business
>Full time landscaper
>Have stacked pallets in a cookie factory, operated the line (machine side) in same factory
>been gas station attendant working swing shift
>been line cook at IHOP at bar closing hours
>done irrigation etc
>worked as a file clerk for state
VA as a work study

Learning a new skill set is easy, having the ability to network and have a strong work ethic (see I don't give a fuck if i'm uncomfortable I got this shit). Don't be afraid to straight up ask people for work. Seriously.
>>
>>668447784

>better way

If it wasn't for eventually ending up in jail as Bobo's buttboy. You don't have the intelligence, skill och knowledge to get away with crime that pays well enough to counter the risks. Stick to fedora tipping and welfare.
>>
>>668458998
kek

I have a stable, fairly pleasant job because of this.
Where are you?
>>
>>668458260
>What was the reason for your depression. THE JOB ?
it was a lot of things, but the job did make it a lot worse. but most of the jobs I've had seemed to make it worse.
>But you need to realize that you could have at least see it coming
I did, that's why I was seeing a shrink and a therapist, plus looking for a less stressful job. I did not find one in time.
>and prepared for it with some money to invest in something
it was invested in something. what do you think a 401k is?
>>
>>668459206
What job is that? and PA.
>>
>>668449833
Watch Grant sell his house recently?

Also sales is the best way to go
>>
Ive been struggling with depression on and off for about a decade now. I'm in one of the lull periods right now where my symptoms are lessened and i feel kind of normal again, but I know it'll end soon and ill feel empty and lonely again. I'm too afraid to tell anyone because im paranoid they won't take me seriously or will hurt more than they help. What do I do?
>>
>>668458589
So basically, what you're saying is that instead of hiring a more productive more experienced guy (because remember: THERE IS NEED for a guy to work, ok ? it's not as if he has to FIRE someone less competent). So you have this great guy with more potential, wanting to work there, and you're like : Yea well.. he may wanna advance, and prosper the company, and he may want to .. you know.. be more efficient and work better. And we can't have that, now can we ?

But wait a minute, you actually admit to something I disagree with. I said that there should be a law, for that shit. Because it's VERY unethical and damaging to the company (yes, it is damaging to the company to have a drone that will probably get depressed from his work instead of an engaging more productive worker that is more capable - because HOW did he get more capable ? He loved it more to care enough to learn about it and become more suited for it. HE CAN'T BE OVER-SUITED FOR IT, YOU BRAINDEAD CUNT) !
>>
>>668447784

Anyone who's got a trade who's unemployed right now is welcome to volunteer with Habitat for Humanity.

Cities need garbage cleaned up off the streets. A pair of picking tongs and bags are cheap, and you'll be doing your city a favor.

You can try learning an instrument and busking.

You could try offering your services fixing up resumes. I'm sure there are lots of other people who need help right now.

Real estate right now is in turmoil where I live. If vacancy rates are shooting up near you, then soon alot of landlords are going to be renovating trying to attract tenants.

You might be able to make something simple and very cheap that takes alot of labor and eek out some money that way.

You could rent your apartment out for Valentine's Day via AirBnB or something for some lovers. Just mind your stuff.

Good luck.
>>
>>668459431
I'm a fabricator. You know, building frames, tanks, all sorts of shit.
It's fun, almost never repetitive, the cooworkers are awesome, and there's room for promotion.
And my boss is the best, dude takes us out for lunch once a week.
>>
I'm 25 and never had to ask. Always wanted by places to work. You should carry yourself differently, OP.
>>
>>668459910
Well shit I'm kind of jealous. What kind of experience or education did you have when you got hired
>>
File: i understand your frustration.jpg (11 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
i understand your frustration.jpg
11 KB, 250x250
>>668458998
not that anon but come on, he probably knows it's not easy. I can see why you would be pissed though. it's like if you don't progress in the regular way toward college and employment, you get left behind or fall through the cracks. some people have folks to help them bridge the crack and some don't. if you don't, it can take a long-ass time to get your feet under you. all I can say is don't give up. and always be on the lookout to see if your community, county, state, wherever you live, has any resources that can help you. maybe they don't. but you never know.
>>
>>668459983
I always scoff at all that "Motivational" shit you see on imgur, but when it comes to career paths, they're actually right. It's almost ALWAYS your mindset. Either you're too lazy, too compliant, or low self esteem.
>>
>>668454431
When i read "start seeing shrink" i thought you looked at your penis
>>
>>668459659
It's called looking out for yourself. Let this be your first lesson in the world of business. Working for a company doesn't mean you have to pledge your soul to it. The company won't hesitate to fuck you if it means good things for it. You've gotta cover your own ass. At the higher levels things change a bit, but it's a pit fight were peons like us toil.
>>
>>668460069
I just went into tradeschool for it for a year and a half. Thought about going into mech eng, but eh.
I went into the industrial sector and applied to every motherfucker in the county, multiple times. Hell, they even trained me in stainless steel welding.
>>
>>668460189
I know right. It's like if you're not rich enough or don't have the connects you're left on your own.
>>
>>668460279
>either too lazy or too compliant
>lazy or compliant
>...
"Ya see here Billy... you have to be JUST the right kind of person to work doing a repetitive job.. If ye'r too lazy, heck why even bother to go to a job intervi-.. Ok let's say you're too compliant to do what the job asks you to d-... IT'S ALL TOO DAMN COMPLICATED, BILLY.
>>
All you morons should just join a pyramid scheme company
>>
>>668460656
Just to add to that, my college also offered AWS, sorta like a certification for welders.
The school offered programs in everything with "technician" in the title too, and those jobs can pay a fuckload.
>>
>>668447784
There isn't one. They all know you are far more capable then them to make bank on your creativity.

Own them.
>>
>>668459658
Look, on principle the onus is not on the hirer to hire the guy. The onus is on the guy to get hired. The hirer is the one who is CONSIDERING hiring. He hasn't made any promises. How the fuck is that unethical?
>>
>>668460737

thats why im fucking thankful every day for my parents.

they helped me get back up from rock bottom and I paid them back twice what they gave me in the end. My father worked 60 hours a week after beating stomach cancer to pay his bills and I couldnt let him continue so I helped him pay off his major debt payments so he can sit on his ass and watch football and maybe only have to work 20 hours a week to get by, fucking stubborn ass that he is lol
>>
>>668447784
in the same fucking boat op. been in this boat for a long time. i literally cannot get a job outside of retail other than selling drugs. shit fucking sucks. been applying nonstop for years on all the major job sites and following up on the jobs that i can follow up on, and in that time ive literally gotten 1 callback from a reasonable job.

ive taken every course necessary for an entry level job including: office applications, typing classes, business classes, business classes dedicated to helping you get a job. still cant even get a callback. its literally like winning the fucking lotto with these fuckers. i even have prior work experience that already makes me qualified!

meanwhile, i make more in 1 weekend selling drugs than i make in almost an entire year working retail. every single retail job hiring wont offer more than 16 hours a week, which literally not a single person can live off of unless theyre living out of a cardboard box or their parents basement.

the system is fucking broken. you have a million people all competing for the same jobs. they tell you to go to college to get a career, but heres the catch 22: by the time you graduate, that field is either dead, or flooded to the brim with people who are probably more qualified than you (good luck beating out an ivy league graduate for a law position) and youre buried in debt. they tell us to be engineers and nurses, but now the engineering and nursing fields are flooded with another 100million kids in college right now all trying to get those same 2 degrees.

i realize someone is probably going to have a counter argument for every thing ive said here but i dont care. i shouldnt have to resolve to working graveyard shifts in a warehouse or some other dogshit job that works you till you have no soul, fucks up your health, and underpays the living shit out of you, just to get full time hours
>>
>>668462139
I know I've said it already, but I'm gonna say it again, and I'm gonna tell it to every motherfucker who complains in here.

TRADE
SCHOOL
NIGGA
>>
And tax free
>>
>>668462139

forgot to mention the part where im currently working with 3 different temp agencies including the governments unemployment office, none of which can find me a single job. its completely mindblowing that the GOVERNMENT UNEMPLOYMENT OFFICE, you know, the office setup for the sole purpose of getting people off unemployment and putting them to work, cant get me a single job, nor will return my calls/emails. theyre literally running the unemployment office like its a business out for their own interests. 20 years ago, you go to the fucking unemployment office, they give you a job assignment. now its just as bad as these piece of shit temp agencies
>>
>>668462330

last time i looked into trade school, financial aid said they wont cover it. no technical/trade schools. maybe thats changed since then?

are electrician jobs really that easy to get? where the fuck do you even find listings for that. i check job listings daily and never see any tradeschool type jobs listed other than IT/Networking people
>>
being put into the foster care system at 17 was the best thing that ever happened to me

>free housing til 24
>almost all federal / state grant requirements for $$$ waived
>free insurance til 24
>monthly stipend of $1120 until 24
>FWF gives me priority for on-campus job opportunities
>no debt when I graduate med school

feels good, man
>>
>>668463133
Eat shit faggot. Best of luck to you.
>>
>>668463067
Sometimes companies don't advertise for positions, and/or they don't know they want new people. We recently hired a new electrician and fired the old one because this new guy had a WAY better work ethic. This new guy just showed up one day asking about openings.

And the tradeschool thing might depend on your area. I live in southern VA, and we've got like 3 colleges that offer good courses within 50 miles of each other.
>>
financial aid is a joke. the payout reward system is fucking horrid. they force people to stack more classes than they can handle, or they give them so little amount, that they cant even cover their books.

my first semester of college, i was homeless with no job. the maximum qualifier for financial aid. they still barely gave me 200-400 dollars to cover 3-4 classes. thats not even enough for my fucking books, let alone supplies or all the things financial aid is supposed to help with (its supposed to cover living expenses/school expenses so you can focus on school)

yet when i took 5 classes, they gave me 1200 dollars. its the reason why all the classes are fucking full at all the schools now. people literally just taking anything they can to fill up the 5 class requirement for maximum payout, even if they dont need it and are screwing all the people that actually need those classes over

the system is broken
>>
>>668462139
But do you network and meet people/build friendships with people in those career fields you are seeking, remember mentality is key, you want to succeed you have to act like you belong.

TL;DR
"Its who you know" is very true so get yo know the right people
>>
>>668463893

see thats the problem man. you cant get hired unless you know people these days, and none of my friends live close or have those kind of connections. my successful friends all work in fields they couldnt help me out in (like skin doctor)

shit is fucking HARD when you have no connects and have to rely on the twats running HR departments (that usually just end up hiring friends of friends)
>>
>>668464241
It may be true, but fixing the problem is as easy as talking to people. It's like magic. Don't give me your fucking excuses about being "socially crippled". I am too, and I got over it.
>>
>>668447784

I feel you OP. 6 months of job hunting with 0 replies. Finally get a callback and interview setup. I go in and absolutely slay the interview. The guy is so blown away he tells me he wants to hire me on the spot. As were about to start filling out my paperwork for awesome fulltime entry level 13 an hour gig, the second HR manager walks in and tells him she already filled the position with another woman. MFW I notice almost everyone working in the office is a woman.

This is pretty much how all office/desk job settings are these days. Its 80% women getting the jobs because they want pretty faces/pretty voices. Then women have the balls to complain about making less than men....LOL! Id rather make less than have no job at all. Men are completely fucked in the job market right now
>>
>>668464482
actually im not socially crippled. not your typical basement dweller 4channer. i get out alot and am very talkative. just not meeting anybody with connections that can help me. or the friends that do have connections that could help live way too far for them to be of any use. im telling you, its like trying to hit the jackpot with these vegas odds. shit fucking sucks
>>
File: 781597.gif (850 KB, 500x276) Image search: [Google]
781597.gif
850 KB, 500x276
ITT:
>>
>>668464241
Happy hour in a bar with a white collar/state worker clientele
Classes at a Gym
Meetup groups for running/hiking/etc (you'd be surprised how many people you can meet who want a work out buddy

to make connects you actually have to go to places where people are where you live. its not just who you know, its who they know too.

People have leads on jobs and its pretty easy to talk to them and find out that such and such is looking for xyz. just by asking them about what they do and where they work.
>>
>>668453161
Wait isn't this the story of mice and men?
Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.