[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats the point of living if we're going to die? Im not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 29
Whats the point of living if we're going to die? Im not suicidal or anything but recently have been having a very crude out look on all of this meat sack shit. Our whole lives are built on experiences and ego and its just a fairytale, the fact of the matter is we are all sacks of meat and bones. Our happiness and ignorance to this is just a defense mechanism to prevent us from realizing what we truely are.
>>
>>614304005
By your logic. Why do anything at all?
>>
>>614304005
Good point. Kill yourself.
>>
Have you considered joining a cult?
>>
>>614304005
>Don't take life seriously, no one gets out alive
I know what you mean anon.
We are just sacs of chemicals
>>
Why do you assume there is a point?
>>
File: CesarMillan06sRGB.jpg (220 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
CesarMillan06sRGB.jpg
220 KB, 900x675
>>614304131
Now you're getting it!
>>
>>614304131
exactly. why?
>>
>>614304005
Read the Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
>>
>>614304005
I always viewed it as: we are ghosts piloting robots made of meat on a living spaceship, may as well enjoy the ride
>>
>>614304387
Literal sac of shit and air
>>
>>614304284
This. We are raise to believe that there IS, I guess at the end of the day its what you make of it. Do what you love then die. thats the point. pretty lame fucking point
>>
True, but it's pretty crazy when you think about how unlikely the circumstances were that brought us into being. (Unless you're a religious fag, in which case it's a pretty boring story that can be summed up with, "God did it.")
>>
>>614304005

Because ur a sad emo bitch who needs jesus.
>>
>>614304005
When you realize there is no point, only then are you truly free to live for livings sake, and not to serve some imaginary point.

Working toward objectives and goals is fine in your career. But don't confuse the motivations of the current human minds with the motivations of an entire universe.
>>
>>614304277
“My brain is only a receiver, in the Universe there is a core from which we obtain knowledge, strength and inspiration. I have not penetrated into the secrets of this core, but I know that it exists.”
― Nikola Tesla

we are more than sacks of blood my friend
>>
>>614304005
Hey OP check out 'The Conspiracy Against the Human Race' by Thomas Ligotti. I bet you're man enough to read it. Spoiler though: it will not make you feel that much better.

In a nut shell: life is horror, but there is no escape (not even death will you free you).

A taste of what you'll get:
“For the rest of the earth’s organisms, existence is relatively uncomplicated. Their lives are about three things: survival, reproduction, death—and nothing else. But we know too much to content ourselves with surviving, reproducing, dying—and nothing else. We know we are alive and know we will die. We also know we will suffer during our lives before suffering—slowly or quickly—as we draw near to death. This is the knowledge we “enjoy” as the most intelligent organisms to gush from the womb of nature. And being so, we feel shortchanged if there is nothing else for us than to survive, reproduce, and die. We want there to be more to it than that, or to think there is. This is the tragedy: Consciousness has forced us into the paradoxical position of striving to be unself-conscious of what we are—hunks of spoiling flesh on disintegrating bones.”
>>
>>614304005
For me my idea for the meaning of life is in two parts.

Hedonism and Compassion.

Basically, go out and feel good experience pleasure in life and make others feel good and improve thier lives.

For me thats it.
>>
i decided long ago that i wasnt going to kill myself but im sick of living a goddamned charade looking forward to the day i finally check out
>>
File: The egg.jpg (528 KB, 1264x2438) Image search: [Google]
The egg.jpg
528 KB, 1264x2438
>hasnt read this yet
>>
>>614304618
this

also, feeling good motivates you to do things. Good doesn't have to mean happy, but a drive, or anything. Yea it's kinda pointless, but it feels good, feelings give you a point. We're not entirely eternal, it's weird to face, but it can be done.

Life is weird like that OP. I know it's pointless, but whatever you want to call it, I like to do stuff. I may not be happy, but I feel good.
>>
>>614304340
>>614304298
Why did you respond to me then? It was pointless to do so by your logic.
>>
File: 1430741281265.jpg (199 KB, 1280x1667) Image search: [Google]
1430741281265.jpg
199 KB, 1280x1667
>>614304005
>>614304131
>>614304340
There is no reason, if you look at it from this angle.
Change point of view. Do not think about it in first place. Enjoy emotions. Try to piss off another people, fall in love, try fuck as much girls as possible no matter what.
>>
File: 1428172118689.gif (2 MB, 338x252) Image search: [Google]
1428172118689.gif
2 MB, 338x252
>>614304005

for me its personal developement and the search for real freedom. i just buried my mother a month ago and will now go for a trip around the world, with barely any money. i start where i live and drive through europe and stop at the near east. then i will fly to india, because i want to know whats it all about being spiritual. maybe i will learn something.

and after that i want to start my own company. just because i do not want to be a fucking employee my whole life. and yes, if that means i will fuck up more than 10 times, so be it.

i dont think life will go out bad for you, if you dont give up and want to reach a goal that you set for yourself. drive keeps me alive. and the best things in life are not the ones you own, but that own you.
>>
>>614304680
Well yeah, the animal brain is an amazing organ. But lets not get carried away either and invent entire realms and behaviors to make us supernatural all powerful god beings just because it makes us feel better.

We have enough work to do fulfilling our very real human potential making a better world for the people that actually do exist here in it, without spending all our time trying to fix worlds indiscernible from our imaginations.
>>
what i've come to figure is that life has no meaning other than what you give it. If you become a gluttonous narcissist, or a giver, its your choice. after you die it wont bother you. but considering the premise that other people deaths will be me eventually, i'd prefer to make the most of mine.
>>
>>614304509
straight from facebook
>>
>>614304682

wow what a pile of bullshit.
>>
The point of life is to procreate, that's it. If you can't procreate, your life is meaningless. If you die a virgin, you have not completed your purpose. Get to fucking, it doesn't matter who.
>>
File: IMG_20150505_044152.jpg (97 KB, 960x699) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150505_044152.jpg
97 KB, 960x699
>>614304005
The only answer is, "You're totally right"

But death is such a bore. Just find something to live for, no matter how mundane. And you live for that shit, bro
>>
File: blind-mother-1914.jpg (238 KB, 1027x854) Image search: [Google]
blind-mother-1914.jpg
238 KB, 1027x854
Fun fun fun!!!!
Get fucked up and feel incredible things
fuck a nigger up!
don't get attached to anything
just get fucked up and have some fun
don't stop until you die
feel greater than any king that lived

or get a job and go on autopilot until you're 65 and retire when your life is already over
>>
>>614304005
>we are all sacks of meat and bones
Welcome to the Big Blue Marble.
>>
>>614305213
Don't be salty because its true.
>>
File: 1417794537726.jpg (246 KB, 778x2000) Image search: [Google]
1417794537726.jpg
246 KB, 778x2000
We were built to stor info and pass it on to the next life

Our bodies evolve and change.
Example is hiw black skin pigment is resistant to solar radiation and whit skin pigment builds more vitamin C to keep worm on cold climates

Our minds pass info on to our kids and each other

If you feel unfulfilled it is because you have all the wrong hobbies look at the pitvher and tell me what one described you.

You sound like some one that sees nothing but dark times and have no power to change it so you become EMO

Study more or smike weed. Get a hobby or a responsibility to be committed to. Go ip or down on that image to avoid you point of view.
>>
>>614304005
>Whats the point of living if we're going to die?

Pretty sure its for the whole refinement-evolution process.

Our life experiences teach and build or degrade us.

Since we are essentially just electrical current/energy, all of it is increased, or decreased accordingly and when we die (if that's the route you choose to go) that energy is thrown back into a central "mix" where it is again reprocessed and refined and dependent on said experience is reincarnated at another point in both time and space as a degraded, or built up form of what we currently are.

This is how "gods" and "demons" are made and destroyed.

Think of it as if you could build up your own blood cells and purge the ones that simply will never perform as needed.
>>
>>614305063
Lol you you only see shit ahead because you are looking at the wrong hole.
>>
Do some LSD and then tell me if this is all worth it, meat bag
>>
To take psychedelics
>>
>>614304801
lel that is a childish outlook on reality
>>
OP here, at the end of the day I think we're all on the same page in this thread. It really comes down to the fact that we are in the rawest from sacks of meat, but the other fact is that within that sack of meat is a brain capable of feeling senses of compassion, drive, and self purpose just to name a few. All of these senses conglomerated together is what gives us the feeling of being alive and allows us to say things like "I think the purpose to life is.....", all I know is im fucking 20 years old, relatively attractive, and for now on im going to do EXACTLY what I want in life, fuck as many girls as I can, make people laugh, and make a purpose for myself from nothing. then one day, I will die.
>>
>>614304682
>But we know too much to content ourselves with surviving, reproducing, dying—and nothing else.

Majority of people sure don't act like it.
>>
>>614304387
Good shit
>>
all we are are brains inside a body
>>
>>614305490
and thats the attitude that makes me want to kill as many people as i physically can.

useless viral monkeys the lot of you
>>
>>614305213
I would say this is the most realistic down to earth explanation of reality, Occam's razor after all. Consciousness is a lucky genetic deviation that wasn't really meant to be and probably will be short lived in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>614306536
Yeah... he is speaking to the philosophers and the people that seriously ponder our human condition. Ligotti also writes:

“Most people learn to save themselves by artificially limiting the content of consciousness.”
>>
File: the-beatles-y-u-no.png (177 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
the-beatles-y-u-no.png
177 KB, 500x333
>>614304005
>>
>>614305129
I'm curious anon, what is real freedom to you? I have an idea of what it means to me, but what does freedom mean to you?
>>
>>614305129
he was kill?
>>
>>614304005
The way I see it OP is that the point of living is to live. You can do that anyway you want, behind a desk, climbing mountains, fucking girls. It doesn't matter as long as you are alive. Throughout time on earth all life's purpose is to just live. Fish at the bottom of the ocean swim through darkness to just find something to eat so they can live

The issue is that we are more civilized than fish and other animals. We create societies and with societies we begin to question the boundaries of life. We over think it, really.

I had a philosophy professor once ask me if I would rather be a happy pig or a sad Socrates. I said Socrates. He replied saying a happy pig's life is surely greater than a sad Socrates because both are alive and existing, but only one is doing in a way in which life is loved.
>>
>>614306978
good ole ignorance, keeping the masses content and the suicide rate down since.......?
>>
>>614304005
By the time I'm a grown up scientists are already gonna figure out how to keep us alive forever, so long old fucks
>>
>>614307315
you deserve a medal
>>
File: Anarcho_communist.gif (11 KB, 930x885) Image search: [Google]
Anarcho_communist.gif
11 KB, 930x885
>>614304005
Look, I get pleasure from life in the ups, not so much in downs, but life is what you make it. If there's really something about existing that you aren't compatible with (this doesn't include simple mental illness like depression, schizophrenia, etc.; we can still help you get the most out of your experience) then you have a right to kill yourself, but it's just such a waste. Once you see death for what it is (and being a /b/tard, I'm sure you have) and you accept your unimportance in the universe, then you can have a fun time with what you have. Make the most of it, and don't dawdle on your mistakes, because we all go to sleep in the same place.
>>
>>614307358
Its a different kind of content that conciousness and the shell-game of thought offers. Something more than nihilism which is the truth of our existence. People do kill themselves, but its hardly a dent on the grand puppet-show of humanity.

One more Ligotti quote (hes a beautiful writer):
"Accepting the preceding statements as containing some truth, or at least for the sake of moving on with the present narrative, it seems that we are zealots of Zapffe’s four plans for smothering consciousness: isolation (“Being alive is all right”), anchoring (“One Nation under God with Families, Morality, and Natural Birthrights for all”), distraction (“Better to kill time than kill oneself”), and sublimation (“I am writing a book titled The Conspiracy against the Human Race”). These practices make us organisms with a nimble intellect that can deceive themselves “for their own good.” Isolation, anchoring, distraction, and sublimation are among the wiles we use to keep ourselves from dispelling every illusion that keeps us up and running. Without this cognitive double-dealing, we would be exposed for what we are. It would be like looking into a mirror and for a moment seeing the skull inside our skin looking back at us with its sardonic smile. And beneath the skull—only blackness, nothing. Someone is there, so we feel, and yet no one is there—the uncanny paradox, all the horror in a glimpse. A little piece of our world has been peeled back, and underneath is creaking desolation—a carnival where all the rides are moving but no patrons occupy the seats. We are missing from the world we have made for ourselves. Maybe if we could resolutely gaze wide-eyed at our lives we would come to know what we really are. But that would stop the showy attraction we are inclined to think will run forever."
>>
>>614304005
your age OP?
>>
the meaning of life is to find one
>>
>>614307628
I just turned 17 this year
>>
>>614307427
How I wish this was true, but even if it was, do you really think its something that they would allow anyone to have? Immortality?
>>
>>614307427
ha Ha ahahahaAHAHAHA. Nope... You will never be able to live past 150
>>
>>614307670
MODS MODS MODS
>>
>>614306978
>>614307358
>“Most people learn to save themselves by artificially limiting the content of consciousness.”

What is ignorance really? We use the term alot to describe someone who is described to be dull minded but what if it is a biological defense mechanism? Honestly I don't think of ignorance as a bad thing in most cases its just a subconcious defense mechanism to keep us from going haywire
>>
>>614307670
lel you haven't even begun to stumble down the rabbit hole

pls go underageb&
>>
>>614307431
lol Thanks.

I used to be so bitter and sad all the time. I would think like OP, an then I realized while thinking so much about existing and life, I forgot to take joy from it. And if that means being ignorant towards shit, then that's fine.
>>
File: swinging-big-boobs-gif.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
swinging-big-boobs-gif.gif
1 MB, 500x281
Remember: Boobs. Boobs are always the answer.
>>
>>614307670
Thinking like this is fun, but dangerous if you take it to seriously. Don't suck up into your own head (look up Solipsism). If you do end up taking it seriously then your life will be miserable because you will never be able to see the joy in things
>>
>>614307905
No question, it does keep us from going haywire. And it is a 'noble lie' in the socratic sense, but what people like Ligotti are arguing shakes the very foundation of a lie being 'noble' in the first place. If the truth of existence is absolute meainglessness then every attempt to "find meaning" is nothing more than a way we can try not coming to terms with the groundless dread of existence.

Imagine how sweet it would have been if we either a.) never existed at all, or b.) had no conciousness. Alas, here we are - thinking beings. Sucks to suck.
>>
>>614304005
Thats shits fake isnt it?
>>
>>614304005
why waste the prescious seconds of your life wondering why? Just enjoy the ride and take joy in appreciating what a strange and beautiful thing you are experiencing
>>
File: 486732835_1280x720.jpg (34 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
486732835_1280x720.jpg
34 KB, 1280x720
>>614307315
This made me rethink a lot of shit. Never thought about it like that, man
>>
>>614308201
I'm going to have to go buy that book, he seems to have it mostly figured out.
>>
>>614307628
>>614306447
I already told my age, im 20
>>
You guys need to do DMT.
Then tell me life is meaningless if you still feel that way.
>>
>>614307670
Self inflicted death is probably the best way to go from that point.

I mean face it, you know everything there is to know and have experienced everything there is to experience.

Go die and save your parents any more expenses and save us all some oxygen.

You are 100% correct. It's all utterly pointless.
>>
>>614308837
then why werent you die faggot
>>
>>614308607
Its a fun read! very scary! He writes horror stories and basically says his inspiration is life itself (LOL)

>>614308837
Not even death can save you from the meaninglessness of existence.
>>
>>614304387
just went an ordered this off Amazon, I want some reading material about life.
>>
>>614309029
instead of reading and realize
why don't just go get laid and have fun the rest of your existance decades
>>
>>614308828
OP here, Ive extracted and smoked dmt over 9 times, broke through 3 times total. Truth. Im here to say that it definitley gave me a completely different perspective on reality, but by no means helps give life meaning IMO... you heard it from the source.
>>
>>614309117
I don't really care to go out and get laid
>>
There is no set meaning of life. Instead of crying and complaining about it you should enjoy your youth. None of it matters in the end anyway, just cap yourself on your 30th birthday or something.

You may even find something to live for by then.
>>
>>614308483
pretentious b.s.

When "great souls" die, we lament for a duration of time equivalent to the manner by which they affected, or influenced us and if they are not blood related, it generally doesn't exceed 24hrs.

ie. Stephen Hawkins die tomorrow
The world laments
The papers print articles and stories for a month (maaaaaybe) telling us what a genius he was
we all sigh and it passes
a week later no one even remembers who he was, if they don't read an article, or watch a program that is capitalizing on his death.
>>
That's life.
Its not about being happy, its about living. When you die that's it, no afterlife..nothing. Enjoy the in-between because what comes next is nothing.

Personally I'd much rather be a "meat sack" for a short period of time than nothing at all
>>
>>614309330
"Sad" but true.... get it
>>
>>614304005
To alot of people, this is just common sense.

You're not deep or inspiring. You're existential. Nihilist perhaps.

And no one cares.

It's all about your point of view, and if you choose to hold on to that one... Sucks for you.

Just because we're not born with purpose, doesn't mean you can't make your own.

In a world, a universe, where our actions mean practically nothing to the whole... to me is really freeing

Think about it, nothing you do matters in the end. So there's no reason to worry and you should just do whatever you WANT to do, cause you only get one life, love it for you, and fuck everyone else.
>>
>>614304005
Because we don't know anything beyond our own experience, it's probably best to have a "while I'm here, why not?" kind of attitude.

A girl is naked and spreading her legs, she wants you to have some fun with her. Why not.
>>
>>614309506
>cause you only get one life, love it for you, and fuck everyone else.

fuck, that line was good.
>>
>>614309739
Meant to say live it for you, but yeah, that worked
>>
>>614309506
It's a very shallow sort of existence when you place yourself above everyone else. I had the mentality for the majority of my youth before I noticed it felt better to help people than fuck them over for meaningless personal gain.
>>
>>614309700
This guy gets it
>>
>>614304754
This
>>
Im totally saving this thread. Thank you OP this is the first time in a while that I actually dug my teeth into a subject like this and it makes me happy to know that we all think alike, its comforting. I NEVER ever say this but fuck it, I love you, anons
>>
>>614309879
I didn't say go fuck people over did I?

No I did not, I said fuck everyone else, meaning YOUR priorities should be the most important ones to you.

Those priorities could include helping people.

What fuck everyone else means is.... Don't do things just cause that's what you're told/expected to do.
>>
To enhance your own existence for the time that you are alive, i.e. enjoying shit. Yeah were wired to expire after a set amount of time, but you still have that remaining time to say fuck it and enjoy whatever the fuck you want to do. I personally want to an hero but i know it wouldnt be wise and that there will be no divine 'floating' into heaven or finding my place in the cosmos, just cold, dead, and fucking forgotten. So i decide to make the most of my shallow existence on Earth. Yeah were sacks of bones and meat, but we still think at a higher capacity than any other animal on this planet, and to that mere fact, you really have to reconsider how amazing it is to be you, rather than some insect eating a 3 day old shit.
>>
>>614304005
Whats the point of dying later when you're alive now? Whats the point of looking in the future when its not real? Whats the point of crying over your past when its so far behind you?
>>
tl;dr

If you see no point in living, then you shouldn't live.
>>
>>614310145
And when those priorities don't include helping people you live a very shallow existence.
>>
File: 1430860250252.jpg (34 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1430860250252.jpg
34 KB, 640x640
>>614304005
> Our happiness and ignorance to this is just a defense mechanism to prevent us from realizing what we truely are.

This + the fairytale are just bs. Apart from that shit; yes you're right about life having no meaning. Sucks doens't it? But you'll get used to it. I did. Just ignore those thoughts and carry on with your life. If you feel like doing something, do it. Who cares that it's just your body 'telling' you what to do based on its currents needs? That literally is life.
>>
>>614309879
And in a thread rooted around existentialism, that altruistic attitude is yours and yours alone right now I think.
>>
>>614310279
According to whom?
>>
quality thread in my /b/?
>>
OP s an emo fag, sharpie in the ass, that is your purpose in life. Do it fagget
>>
>>614310145
Dont worry I know what you meant anon. I think the same way, make yourself your priority, helping other people is nice, but at the end of the day, the feeling you get from that is temporary, those people dissappear and all your left with is yourself.

>>614310279

not true at all.
>>
>>614310549
It really could be if he wanted it to be.

Isn't philosophy fun kids!

Now let's all pay close attention as a suicidal children's show host teaches us the proper way to make a noose before he comes down from the coke.
>>
>>614310377
Even the existentialists said we have a responsbility to other people - thats Emmanuel Levinas baby.

Also dunno if I fully agree with this bro, but I will say that there isn't a unified agreement tht we should all be nietzchean active nihilists (especially given the large discussion and embrace of a Schopenhauer/Ligottie-esque passive nihilism)

debate on anons!
>>
>>614304005
who cares if you can't see a point to life. life has no point. you just do fun shit with your mates until you die, it's that simple faggot
>>
>>614304005
OP should start a cult to wool pull the blind folks...
Or take large doses of hallucinogens to change his mind.
>>
>>614304005
Youve never played any metal gear games have you
>>
>>614310860
no I haven't
And what does that have to do with me?
>>
>>614310145
If that makes you feel good, then yes. If helping others makes someone feel good, then that person should by all means do so.

Just do what feels good and stop worrying, how fucking hard can it be?
>>
OP here, when this is kill I am making a new one, this is truely a /b/ gem.
>>
>>614310915
You arent OP, and you know it.
>>
>>614310737
Exactly, I could go around doing good deeds for days on end.

Gee that warm fuzzy feeling is nice...

To bad I can't pay my bills or get laid with it....

Well that's not totally true, volunteered at a salvation army one summer, 8/10 slut for Christ.

Good Samaritans got her all hot and bothered.

And see that brings me to another point...

If you're being altruistic cause it makes you feel good, then aren't you doing it for yourself, and thus the act isn't not as self less as it seems.
>>
>>614311118
>>614311240

what? why are you impersonating me?
do you feel good when you're doing this?
>>
>>614310915
They talk allot about these topics in them.
>>
>>614311289
>If you're being altruistic cause it makes you feel good, then aren't you doing it for yourself, and thus the act isn't not as self less as it seems.

if someone is altruistic because it makes them feel good, wouldnt that mean they ARE doing it for themselves? I think thats what you meant, but regaurdless. I like the way your thinkin
>>
>>614311624
OP here
start a new thread of your own if you want to fight over altruistic
>>
>>614311764
No you ARE NOT OP
>>
>>614311365
Don't make me screencap anon. that is NOT my life purpose!
>>
>>614311764
Fuck you

The point of discussion/debate is that it evolves.

We're not gonna sit here all night talking about how everything means nothing.
>>
>>614304005
The point is to flourish here and now. Sure you're going to die one day, but it's not going to happen today or tomorrow, so you might as well be the best "whoever-you-want-to-be" person before that happens.
>>
>>614311809
What? In all purposes I think you are wrong
I consider this is threatening me
You sir on the other side is also a hypocrite
>>
>>614311289
It's mutual enjoyment. Feeling good for helping someone doesn't somehow cancel out an altruistic act.
>>
Thread just got derailed, well it was good while it lasted
>>
>>614312221
/thread
>>
>>614311764
First of all, you're not OP. Second of all how about you input some relevant information to the discussion at hand instead of trying to devolve what we have going here, this is actually a good thread you faggot.
>>
>>614311624
Yeah but what I was getting at was...

People lie to themselves, thinking their altruistic acts are self less, when objectively speaking, they're as self severing as anyone else.
>>
>>614312221
Nothing is perfect in /b/
there is always some bottom dwellers in here
I suggest op should start another thread in a decent board
>>
who gives a fuck who op is my lord youre like a bunch of jealous women
>>
>>614312329
>I'm not OP
Do you really want me to screencap you fuckface
>>
>>614304005
read this - http://reset.me/personal-story/dmt-opened-scientists-heart-love-compassion/
>>
>>614312502
>>614312329
Look I'm not going to argue here
I started this thread like minutes ago
And the some anons randomly popped up talk shit about impersonating OP
This is it
Thanks for ruining my thread /b/ros
>>
>>614312406
You're literally fucking retarded and have no understanding of what altruism is.

Stop adding ... after every sentence too.
>>
>>614310915
All about choosing what life to live and how to live it, and what legacy to pass on after you do. Douche.
>>
>>614312600
FUCK YOU
>>
>>614304005
If you believe you are this enlightened about how simple and malleable the human psyche is then I present you with two options:

1) kill yourself because you will never climb out of that depression hole
2) be like the rest of the world and buy things that make you happy and do things out of your own conceited and egotistical nature to make you feel better about yourself.

Happiness > depression
Ignorance is truly bliss
>>
>>614304005
whatever is the end is the end.
no need to rush it, life is shit sure but we will all die one day
>>
>>614312406
If thats not the absolute truth I dont know what is. Can we discuss this new theme in society of people posting stories on facebook about how they fed a homeless person today, just so all the so called "friends" on their network can see how much of a "selfless" person they are? ENOUGH, WE ALL KNOW YOU'RE AN OUT OF IT ATTENTION SEEKING BITCH
>>
>>614312676
In no points of your incoherent rambling were you even consider anything to become your rational thought.
>>
>>614312600
True faggot over here! and I mean it!
>>
>>614312688
Go to bed before you catch the belt again faggot.
>>
>>614304005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPEpTaZwWWc&list=FLjvpg5t1cUFndbR3T1KC2YQ
>>
>>614313025
From your irrelevant and immature response
I suppose you're underage&b/
>>
>>614312502
>>614312587
I love how neither of you are OP hahahaha. ONLY I KNOW THE TRUTH
>>
>>614304005
children and the impact we make on humanity. its really not that hard.
>>
>>614313175
That apparently does not compare the same to the starter of this thread's manner and logical thinking
>>
File: YouWantMyOpinionYouReallyDo.jpg (18 KB, 449x299) Image search: [Google]
YouWantMyOpinionYouReallyDo.jpg
18 KB, 449x299
>>614304005

you need to look into buddhism or jainism

or at least volunteer to work in a burn ward or soup kitchen or someplace where you will actually get to observe true human misery...and do some real good

it would get you out of your own head and any problems or feelings or inadequacy or hopelessness--or angst--would just e.v.a.p.o.r.a.t.e.

let's rejoin the human race
>>
>>614312916
Youre words are so big, but the smaller ones didn't fit with it, try all big words. M'lady
>>
>>614312836
THIS. Its amazing how people admire people who post videos of themselves giving homeless people money on youtube. I will admit, some of it is out of good heart. But now its started a theme on social media of everyone pretending to care about other people just so they can get likes. it pisses me off so much... im OP btw.. and im not going to try and convince you.
>>
>>614313835
Your*
>>
>>614313939
Im not even the one who posted that and im angry at you. WE GET IT, WAY TO DO THE OL' GRAMMAR CORRECTION TO DOWNPLAY WHAT YOUR SAYING CARD
>>
>>614312916
I actually kek'd. You cant be serious
>>
Thread is rip
>>
File: UH OH NO NO.png (1 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
UH OH NO NO.png
1 MB, 1000x1000
>>
File: 1424326925556s.jpg (3 KB, 118x125) Image search: [Google]
1424326925556s.jpg
3 KB, 118x125
>>614307169

well i dont know really, but the next step for me is financial freedom. being free to do what i want and not to have to work for a living. also having my own firm.

also i dont think freedom equals absolute independence, because independence breeds lonelyness. we as humans need others in one way or another and in our civilisaiton there is this tendency for everyone to be more independent. but living together and accept eachothers flaws and even embracing them is giving much more than taking away from it.

of course there will always be people you will want to avoid and you cannot choose your family. but if you're 30 and you are not at least on a good road to satisfaction and lust for life, than its your own fault.

what is freedom? i think we are all free to do what we want already. but limiting beliefs hold so many people down.
>>
>>614314825
Never say never, ALTRUIST
>>
the point of life is to find yourself... yes, as stupid as it sound this is the truth.... getting rid of the ego is the first step, and it takes huge amount of work and time, start with something OP>>614304005
>>
>>614313835
I'm just an intellectual and I'm atheist
Science is my rifle, Intellect is my blade.

Allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

mark my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.
>>
>>614314985
I was just discussing this today with a friend. Everybody has freedom they just don't beleive it nor realise it. We live in a world that is full of traditions like marriage that shouldn't even exist in my opinion, and other social norms that more all intensive purposes are "required" to be happy but in actuallity just purpetuate false freedom. instead of conforming to tradition and the idea that you need to fullfill all these imaginary requirements to be "happy". Do exactly what YOU think will make you happy. follow the tradition of not following any traditions is what I say.
>>
File: AzX8bYb.gif (3 MB, 420x300) Image search: [Google]
AzX8bYb.gif
3 MB, 420x300
>>614315350
>>614312916
>>
>>614309029

Read OSHO. ;-)
>>
>>614304005
As a physicist (aspiring), I like to think down to what everything really is. Once you stop associating consciousness with your biological being - things get a bit more fun
>>
>>614304005
You have to derive meaning for yourself, anon. I figured that since enjoying hedonism myself does very little to influence others' meaning of life, I might as well enjoy earthly pleasure
>>
File: 1430064203864.jpg (33 KB, 618x618) Image search: [Google]
1430064203864.jpg
33 KB, 618x618
>>614315350
>nigga pls
>>
What's the point of eating only to get hungry again.
What's the point of breathing only to breath more.
What's the point of wiping your ass after shitting only to get it full of shit next time you poop.
What's the point of this stupid thread when it's going to be more stupid the ads.
What's the point of this?
>>
>>614316490
You're right. Kill yourself.
>>
>>614315646

yeah what i learned in life is that most people are idiots, but everyone wants to force their way of life down your throat, though theyre not even happy themselves. listen to them, smile, nod and do whatever the fuck you wanted to do anyway. i stopped listending to "everyone" a few years ago and started my own way and ive never been better in my life.

havre my gf's ass for the nice conversation.
>>
>>614316565
According to the definition in the hands and arm, I conclude that to be a dude.
>>
Well OP and all in here. I have only one reason to keep living. My life will end one day yes but what keeps me from giving in to this overpowering depression that haunts my everyday life is one simple little thing. That someday in the future, my peepee will feel good. so the next time you think life isn't worth living, remeber how good your peepee had felt before, and look forward to the next time It does again.
>>
>>614316894

lol no shes just sporty. have another.
>>
>>614316966
/thread in honor of the pee pee
>>
>>614317105
can't be, im sorry but I know a dude but when I see one. But prove me wrong.
>>
>>614304005
No.
>>
>>614316565
completely agree with this nigga >>614316894

>>614317105
now show his balls to prove us the truth
>>
File: page024.jpg (439 KB, 1000x1250) Image search: [Google]
page024.jpg
439 KB, 1000x1250
Poor little OP just got red pilled.
Grow the fuck up!
Either an hero or go back to whatever the fuck religion you're from.
>>
>>614316490
>>614316966
>>614304005

see >>614315114
>>
File: 1422987840371.jpg (26 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1422987840371.jpg
26 KB, 480x640
>>614317282

obvious bait and i do not care for your opinion and you could just asked for another pic and dont be a cunt about it like everyone else on this site, but here it is.
>>
>>614317540
I still don't beleive you considering there is no way to prove it unless there is a picture taken in the same room that shows tits or pussy. Not trying to be a dick.
>>
File: Broken_Bonez_high_score.png (632 KB, 1280x717) Image search: [Google]
Broken_Bonez_high_score.png
632 KB, 1280x717
There's only one reason for living.
>>
>>614304005
just fucking have some fun, fuck some people, or do some drugs, or play some video games, fuck... just do what fucking makes you fucking happy. Jesus fucking Christ it's like you fucking people need a fucking reason to fucking breathe. Just be who you fucking want to be. Hopefully it's someone that doesn't murder people, so that you can stay out of prison, so you can keep doing the fucking shit that you like to fucking do, fuck.
>>
>what's the point of going to a birthday party if it's just gonna end?
well you're here with things like sex and jet skis, so might as well make the most of it
>>
>>614317812
what he just fucking said, fuck
>>
File: 1422987697730.jpg (46 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1422987697730.jpg
46 KB, 600x800
>>614317750

yeah whatever lad.
>>
>>614316565
actually modern research and statistical models show that human intelligence is actually a long tailed distribution, so you couldn't be more wrong
>>
>>614304005
Read The Myth of Sisyphus from Albert Camus, OP. The human life IS absurd, but the key is to think of it as a starting point rather than the end.
>>
File: 1430957073148.png (63 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1430957073148.png
63 KB, 225x225
>adolescent existential crisis
not to say there's anything wrong with it but it sure is underage in here.

you'll get over it m8, just study hard and make friends.
>>
File: 1429089951689.jpg (60 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1429089951689.jpg
60 KB, 640x640
gt bitchez, smoke weed, get rich, tahts the goal
>>
>>614317525
Peepee poster here and honestly, what I'm saying it true. survival of the species is what life is. Passing on genes and making babies. All organisms do it to survive because that's all we know. Just because we have higher cognitive abilities than other species doesn't change anything. Give me a break about all of this finding and knowing yourself bullshit, in the end just have kids and be happy knowing your bloodline is being passed on at least once more. All happiness is met with disparity and all that's left after we die is the next generation of people to do the same thing. Without immortality there is no reason beyond making your peepee feel good.
>>
>>614318265
>smokes so much weed he forgets to gt bitchez and get rich but doesn't care because smoking weed
>>
So much death has surrounded me this last month that I've had the same mentality as OP. But then I cuddle my gf and feel 100% better.
>>
http://4archive.org/b/thread/614304005

just incase
>>
File: at_a_loss_for_words_obama.gif (1 MB, 300x224) Image search: [Google]
at_a_loss_for_words_obama.gif
1 MB, 300x224
>>614304005
Step One, educate youself: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Existential_crisis

Step Two, deal with it: http://m.wikihow.com/Deal-with-an-Existential-Crisis

Everyone has these moments, kiddo. Just one of the shittier parts of becoming an adult. And because I'm not feeling like 100% of dick tonight, the meaning of life is (spoiler alert) happiness.

If following your heart/passion/fetish/whatever makes you happy, then do it.

Of course, this means within reason. If it makes you happy and harms no other (such as pedophilia, bestiality, yada yada) and is sustainable (unless you're RDJ, blowing several grand on hookers and blow every night isn't a promising investment).

TL;DR: do what makes you happy unless it causes harm to another being. But if you wanna OD, go for it.
>>
>>614306447
where you from OP ?
>>
>>614318599

and whats wrong whit this?

don't get me wrong, i have the same kind of shitty thoughts as you have, maybe worst... but, why do you thing that animals just for the fact of the way they have their own journey you think they have no really deep and meaningful experience?
maybe they are a more developed beings than us, maybe because they don't a have a shitty ego that tell them stupid shit all the time the are actually happy... something that you obviously don't know or maybe you just forget
>>
>>614319680
Long Island, anon
>>
>>614319680
Florida
>>
we dont need a point, we simply exist, what we do means nothing except to the people that put meaning upon it, there is no point, we make our own point.
>>
>>614319965
goddamnit anon, its 6 in the morning and Im still here, stop pretending to be me, IM FROM LONG ISLAND
>>
>>614309506
That was pretty inspiring anon. As long as you aren't ruining anybody elses life live life for yourself, it doesn't matter, just be happy.
>>
Anyways, Im going to get some shut eye, it was a good chat friends, I think you all answered my question pretty well, look out tomorrow for the same thumb I do want to continue this..
Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.