[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask a 19 year old who works at a crematorium burning corpses
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 6
File: IMG_74.jpg (2 MB, 2551x1700) Image search: [Google]
IMG_74.jpg
2 MB, 2551x1700
Ask a 19 year old who works at a crematorium burning corpses for $37 an hour anything.

>pic related, some crematorium from wikipedia (not the one I work at)
>>
>>613635712
Where can I get a job like that?
>>
How can I get such a sweet gig?
>>
What exactly is your job?
>>
>>613635712
how do you deal with the smell?
>>
>>613635939
Corpse burner.
>>
what exactly do you do? throw bodies into an oven?
>>
If this is legit I need to know how I can get a job at one. Do I need anything?
>>
>>613635712
When was the last time you banged a dead guy?
>>
>>613635831
Usually through family. My grandfather retired and I took his spot.
>>613635876
It's hard to get a job in a crematorium if you don't have some sort of connection through family.
>>613635939
I burn bodies and collect the ashes for their family to collect.
>>613635987
Use a set of clothes for work only.
>>613635993
Yep, that's correct.
>>613636051
That's what I do. And we also need to keep track of the ashes. We have three ovens. It takes 45 minutes to burn a body, sometimes longer if they are fat.
>>613636203
No education needed. Hard to get in if you don't have family working there though.
>>
How many dead femanons have you molested you sick firebug bastard
>>
do you burn the bodies naked or clothed?
>>
Is there a glass on the ovens? Have you ever actually seen one burn?
>>
>>613636285
Never.
>>613636396
None.
>>613636467
We burn the bodies naked in a cardboard box.
>>
>>613635712
Is it true that the body is not burned completely after cremation and you have to grind pieces of bones into powder?
>>
>>613636926
Yeah, I like to watch them burn :^).
>>
Do you touch the bodies, or do you have some sort of system for moving them from the table to the oven?
>>
Borked video but kinda relevant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tywP9gCQx00
>>
>>613636931
Have you ever got a boner from looking at a naked dead girl?
>>
>>613636926
There isn't any glass but we look in to see how far along the process is, so yes I have seen the burning process as it happens.
>>613637021
This is true. If you get the chance to look at a tin of ashes, there are a lot of sizable bone chunks.
>>613637175
I touch them but through gloves. The process is all very manual.
>>613637420
Nope. And most of the bodies I process are elderly.
>>
Do you have a gf? What does she/your friends think of what you do?
>>
>>613635712
My grandma's brother had to be cremated together with the coffin because when he was found he had been decomposing for four hot summer days. How to you deal with decomposed bodies?
>>
>>613637523
Bone chunks must be disgusting. Why don't you just cremate at a higher temperature?
>>
>>613637573
Haven't had a girlfriend since I was 17, and at that point I wasn't working yet. I can answer your question in the context of my friends, though -- they think it's fucking weird, but are jealous of the money and job stability (people are always going to die afterall)
>>613637893
There is no special process for decomposed bodies. They are burnt just like anybody else. As a safety measure workers can use hazmat gear but most don't bother because it's a pain. I don't.
>>613638241
I don't know how high of a temperature we'd need to burn to completely incinerate bone but the oven doesn't get that hot.
>>
How many jews get melted?
>>
>>613638481
Why are ashes then not considered a biological hazard substance if they contain some portion of non-burned bones?
>>
>>613638521
Yes.
>>
>>613638481
How many of the bodies you cremated were jews waiting for their deserved destiny?
>inb4 go back to /pol/
>>
>>613635712
whats it like to enhale the vapors and smoke of dead people as if burning some ordinary tobacco or weed? i guess what i want to know is do you get high from dead people smoke?
>>
Do you make soap out of the body fat?
>>
OP do you want to be cremated after death?
>>
Have you ever found weird things after a cremation?
How do you deal with prosthesis?
>>
Nigga u gun be haunted n' shit
>>
is your creamatorium in a small town or how much area (population) is your business covering? already creamated some ppl you knew? your grandparents will creamated by his family rite?
>>
>>613639476
He works in crematorium, he is not a butcher. To get the fat from a person, you would need to know how to slice them apart. It's more likely he would re-sell the clothes taken from the corpses.
>>
>>613638241
Why would they be disgusting? They'd be very dry and probably pretty sterile.
>>
>>613638521
I don't really understand the reference, sorry.
>>613639081
Generally not aware of the religion of the people that are processed in the facility but I'd imagine it's representative of the Jewish population in the area.
>>613639124
Anything that has been heated up is going to be decontaminated. Think back to high school when you dissected owl pellets with your hands... it was safe because an oven cooked them. Same difference for the chunks of bones that aren't completely ashed.
>>613639216
>go back to /pol/
>>613639463
We sit outside or in another room but we're always going to get a wiff of it no matter how much we tried to avoid it. It smells like burning tires and is unpleasant. And from my experience you do not get high.
>>613639476
Nope.
>>613639514
Right now, yes. I might change my mind later. I see being burnt better than being eaten by worms though.
>>613639641
I haven't found anything weird yet. I'm not sure what prosthesis means and don't care to google sorry.
>>613639801
Maybe. But hopefully not.
>>613639881
I would consider it a medium town. Not rural but not huge either. I've cremated people I've seen around but not anybody I've known very well yet. All four of my grandparents are still alive and to my knowledge they'll be cremated once they pass.
>>613639890
Any clothes is put in plastic bags for the family. But they usually come naked in boxes. Nothing to steal if I wanted to, which I don't.
>>
>>613639890
they made soap from the fat of jews in concentration camps
>>
>>613635712
How do you deal with the implanted stuff? E.g. screws, metal plates, boob implants?
>>
>$37 an hour to wheel around corpses and push a few buttons

wtf is wrong with the US wage system?
>>
>>613635712
what is the fattest body have you burned how many o of ash did it make and how long did it take to burn
>>
>>613640586
>The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
>>
>>613640691
oz*
>>
File: 18891226_w434_h_q80.jpg (49 KB, 434x637) Image search: [Google]
18891226_w434_h_q80.jpg
49 KB, 434x637
Jesus fucking christ OP makes just a little more than me and I have a MS and work as a scientist for a major healthcare company...

fuck, now I'm depressed.
>>
>>613635712
What do you usually do with gold teeth?
>>
>>613640363
Yes, but they must have had some specially trained people there.
>>
>>613635712
does this give you chills or keep you up at night?
>>
Have you ever considered selling the bodies for medical purposes and giving the next of kin fake ash? Human bodies can earn you a fuck ton.
>>
Have you ever switched people's ashes because you thought it would be funny?
>>
>>613635712
Do people get burned in their coffins? in their funeral clothes?

Ever burned the wrong person at the wrong time?

Ever started the process only to have someone try and stop you because they suddenly want a burial for them?

Are the ashes piled up in the shape of a person at all afterwards?

How exactly do you gather the ashes?

What is left that makes up the ash? is it skin/muscle or bones?

Ever had someone so big they didn't fit in the oven?

Ever burned something in the oven that wasn't a person or relevant to the job?
>>
>>613635712
Are you taking applications
>>
Do you "feel" the presence of dead people's ghots in the rooms?
Have you taken any medium there to see what he/she says?
>>
>>613640984
You know, I'm sure people who drive wastewater trucks are also paid well, but I don't fancy becoming one of them.
>>
File: artificial-hip.gif (26 KB, 300x235) Image search: [Google]
artificial-hip.gif
26 KB, 300x235
>>613640265
>I haven't found anything weird yet. I'm not sure what prosthesis means and don't care to google sorry.

Here is the BS If you process mostly the old the old you HAD to see at least some prosthesis
>>
Is it true that ashes are mixed up with waaaay to many corpses' ashes when you deliver?
>>
>>613638241
Science/medfag here, bone doesn't normally burn, the most that can happen is using something like thermite to warp it. Some sources site it as being combustible at about the same temperature it would take to burn a tire/car wheel without leaving a trace, but I'm skeptical about that.
>>
>>613641563
Ghosts... are you fucking 4?
>>
How long are the corpses dead before they reach you? What was your freshest subject?
>>
>** YOU HAVE BEEN VISITED BY LE PELICAN! ** post this in 3 threads or you will be fucking killed
>░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄
>░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌
>░░░▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█
>░░▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌
>░▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄
>░▌▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░▌░░░░▄███████▄
>░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐░░░░▐███████████▄
>░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐░░░░▐█████████████▄
>░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░▐██████████████▄
>░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄████████████████▄
>░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀██████▀▀▀▀█▄
>░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▀▄▀░▀██▀▀▀▄▄▄▀█
>░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀▀▀▀░░░░██▌
>░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▄▀
>>
File: 1429492191045.jpg (58 KB, 852x640) Image search: [Google]
1429492191045.jpg
58 KB, 852x640
>>613641853
yeah, ghosts, my mistake
ass as an apology
>>
Have any jews needed your service?
>>
>>613641780
Jet fuel cannot burn human bones... I understand that the crematorium has to use what is available, but that's feel disgusting anyway. Why not then mix the body with napalm beforehand?
>>
>>613640363
That's fucked up lol.
>>613640550
Anything that could cause a problem is either taken out before it arrives or the person buried. We don't have the equipment nor the knowledge to take shit out. However most small metals don't cause a problem though and we can pick it out of the ashes after, which happens quite a bit.
>>613640586
It's a privately held business and the owner can pay as much as he wants.
>>613640691
The fattest body was just under 400lbs, say 395 or say. If a body gets to big to fit they have to either get shipped out of town to a bigger crematorium with wider ovens or get buried instead. That's happened once. Tried to get the guy to fit and he couldn't.
>>613640984
I got lucky. My grandfather retired and offered me his job. His boss let me make the same amount he was making. This isn't the norm.
>>613641004
Gold teeth aren't at all common. I've never seen one.
>>613641220
Yep. Sometimes I have nightmares and see the faces of the people I burn. It really starts to fuck with you.
>>613641403
Nope. Never.
>>
>>613641498
>Do people get burned in their coffins? in their funeral clothes?
Naked in boxes.
>Ever burned the wrong person at the wrong time?
Not to my knowledge. I hope not. We try our best to be professional. I take it very seriously.
>Ever started the process only to have someone try and stop you because they suddenly want a burial for them?
Nope but people have been taken out before they had begun burning for that reason.
>Are the ashes piled up in the shape of a person at all afterwards?
No.
>How exactly do you gather the ashes?
Long metal scraping tool.
>What is left that makes up the ash? is it skin/muscle or bones?
No skin or muscle. White ashes and leftover bone chunks.
>Ever had someone so big they didn't fit in the oven?
Yep. We had to ship them out of town to a bigger crematorium.
>Ever burned something in the oven that wasn't a person or relevant to the job?
Nope. We try to respect peoples dignity by not doing that ever. Saw a guy flick a cigarette in it once though.
>>613641509
No we're full.
>>613641563
Sometimes I think I do but I'm pretty sure it's just my mind.
>>613641659
Oh metal shit. Yeah we burn it and pick it out after.
>>613641699
Just a little bit. We can't clean the over 100% every time. I'd say over 97% of the ashes are the right persons though.
>>613641780
That makes sense. Thanks for explaining it better than I can anon.
>>613641881
I'm not sure. Usually less than a week?
>>
File: fi7f471v2.jpg (160 KB, 557x495) Image search: [Google]
fi7f471v2.jpg
160 KB, 557x495
>>613642413
>>
Anybody curious about this subject should watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErooOhzE268&spfreload=1
>>
>>613642665
My fault. "Melt", not "burn".
>>
>>613642460
burn any jews yet
>>
>** YOU HAVE BEEN VISITED BY LE PELICAN! ** post this in 3 threads or you will be fucking killed
>░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄███▄
>░░░░░▄▀▀░░░░░░░▐░▀██▌
>░░░▄▀░░░░▄▄███░▌▀▀░▀█
>░░▄█░░▄▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▐░░░░█▌
>░▐█▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▌░░░░░▐█▄
>░▌▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░▌░░░░▄███████▄
>░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐░░░░▐███████████▄
>░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐░░░░▐█████████████▄
>░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░▐██████████████▄
>░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄████████████████▄
>░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀██████▀▀▀▀█▄
>░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▀▄▀░▀██▀▀▀▄▄▄▀█
>░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀▀▀▀░░░░██▌
>░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▄▀
>>
>>613635712
Is it true that you need to cut the ligaments on the limbs so that the body won't move during cremation because of them shrinking from the heat?
>>
Whats the youngest/oldest bodies you've cremated?
>>
>>613643069
Probably, yes. But we don't really have any reason to know peoples religious beleifs and so we aren't told. Some names are very obvious Jewish though but that doesn't mean the person held religious beliefs and even if it did I don't see how that matters outside the context of /pol/'s edgy holocaust jokes.
>>613643311
That's not true at all.
>>613643356
The oldest was in his 100s and the youngest was 8. Both of them made me very sad.
>>
do crematorioum workers have any strange behaviour developed from the awful job they do?
do you know other crematorioum workers where you can recognise this behaviours?
>>
>>613643912
>Both of them made me very sad.
So i can see its a very hard work to do, right?
>>
How was it at first? Like seeing a dead body for the first time?
>>
Do you cut off the heads and put them on display in your satanist ritual chamber in the basement?
>>
Do you have any ritual you take into action before burning a corpse?
>>
>>613635712
Have you ever had to deal with a body that did not come in one piece? If yes, was it (more) disgusting for you?
>>
>>613635712
Do you ever fuck or eat the bodies?
>>
>>613643912
Do you have to aid the crushing/breaking down of the skull?
I mean it can't happen just with burning
>>
>>613644311
do you accept half bodies or body parts like an arm or leg only?
>>
How often do you post holocaust b8 threads OP?
>>
>>613643962
>do crematorioum workers have any strange behaviour developed from the awful job they do?
The biggest thing is that you're always aware of death. You can't let to fade into the back of your mind like a lot of other people can because you see it every day. You have to accept that you are temporary. IMO this makes life better... you appreciate it more. You laugh harder. You smile longer. You smell the roses a little closer.
>do you know other crematorioum workers where you can recognise this behaviours?
Seems to be a shared sentiment among all of us yeah.
>>613644106
I think so. Wouldn't recommend it for somebody who isn't emotionally strong/healthy.
>>613644176
It was kind of numb and doesn't set in right away, but after a few months you aren't as sensitive to it anymore.
>>613644237
I make the sign of the cross across my chest and forehead.
>>613644311
Yes, vehicle accidents. It's just placed in a cardboard box like any other body though.
>>613644386
No.
>>613644439
Yes, we have to manually break a lot of the bones with a long metal tool so that the flesh can burn properly.
>>613644639
Never make a thread to discuss this on 4chan before but I've noticed most posts are serious. There's only been a few edgelords making holocaust references and for the most part they've been ignored.
>>
Have you ever had any paranormal experiences happen to you while at work?
>>
>>613643152
thats a toucan dipshit
>>
>>613642460
>Naked in boxes.
So them/their family pays for the coffin (I'm assuming for the presentation at the funeral), is it reused? who owns it?

Who has the job of stripping the dead person? I always imagined they were burned in their clothes

Are you involved in any process outside of putting the box in the oven?
>>
>>613644932
>Imagined cracking the skull of a dead person like a chimp cracking a coconut. Chunks of half-rotten brain and foul blood flying everywhere.
I do not want your thirty seven dollars. Having a captcha with pictures of food does not help either.
>>
Did you ever see an attractive dead person?
>>
I respect that you take your job seriously. Keep it up bro.
>>
>>613638521
Yep, thats CP.
>>
>>613644932
what is the most gruesome death that you had to burn the body for and what is the most important person you have ever burnt
>>
>>613644932
>vehicle accidents. It's just placed in a cardboard box like any other body though.
Are you tasked with moving them into the boxes? are they covered or anything? I'd imagine seeing them fucked up isn't nice

>we have to manually break a lot of the bones with a long metal tool so that the flesh can burn properly
Shit, so you open the oven, look at a roasted body and then hit it with a metal tool? sounds like you aren't paid enough OP
>>
So are you religious then? Or is it more the idea.
>>
>>613644932
>I make the sign of the cross across my chest and forehead.
You should also say "requiescat in pace"
>>
>>613635712
How do you dispose the ashes of a person which weren't claimed by anybody?
>>
>>613645586
>So them/their family pays for the coffin (I'm assuming for the presentation at the funeral), is it reused? who owns it?
Most people rent a coffin for the wake lol. We don't burn coffins.
>Who has the job of stripping the dead person? I always imagined they were burned in their clothes.
Sometimes they come like that from the morgue. If they come clothed from the funeral parlor the clothes are put in a plastic bag for their family to collect. We don't burn clothes. Just flesh and cardboard boxes.
>Are you involved in any process outside of putting the box in the oven?
Not at all. I have one job. Well two or three but it's all relating to the burning process.
>>613645663
That's completely understandable, anon.
>>613645848
Some people are pretty/handsome but one they're dead I have no desire for them.
>>613645873
Thank you. I do my best to retain peoples dignity as if they were my own parents or sibling.
>>613645919
ironically it was a burn victim. They arrived in pretty bad shape and I'd hate to have been then when they passed. Most important person was a guy who was the mayor of my city back when I was still a kid.
>>613646026
>Are you tasked with moving them into the boxes? are they covered or anything? I'd imagine seeing them fucked up isn't nice
Depends where they're coming from. If from the morgue the boxes are good to go. If from a funeral parlor we do it ourselves.
>Shit, so you open the oven, look at a roasted body and then hit it with a metal tool? sounds like you aren't paid enough OP
Yep. We check on it every few minutes and have to hit it around to keep it burning properly.
>>613646047
Raised catholic. Not sure if I believe it anymore but I prefer to place my bets on the almighty just in case.
>>613646383
Yea...
>>613646408
There's mini-graves in the graveyard which is a big wall with slots in it for ashes.
>>
>>613646667
any guys that had broken cocks
>>
>>613646667
I always found storing ashes in walls on cemeteries somewhat strange. They are not buried. The whole place looks like a fucking library or a bookstore. I understand the idea of erecting tombstones - initially people just didn't want to dug out their grandma accidentally when plowing the field. But the walls with ashes are just ... incorrect.
>>
>>613646667
What is the demographic of your colleagues? You sort of took over for your grandfather, so are the others in the job old or did their jobs get taken over by younger people as well?

Do you ever meet the families of the people you process? if so how do they react to knowing that their loved one was handled by someone that they see as a child?

Has the nature of your job ever put you off of certain foods? any smells that make you think of burning bodies?

Do you have to wear a mask to avoid breathing in people's ashes?

Do different races smell different when they burn at all?
>>
ever felt sick from the air/smeils?
>>
>>613648245
only humans? no animals?
>>
>>613647487
Nope. I'm sure a lot of the older men had erectile dysfunction though.
>>613647724
For the most part it's a space issue. Burying ashes takes a lot more space than keeping them in bit walls with slots. Also easier to take them out if a family member wants them in their home which happens a lot.
>What is the demographic of your colleagues? You sort of took over for your grandfather, so are the others in the job old or did their jobs get taken over by younger people as well?

I work with only a handful of other guys. Youngest just turned 40 and oldest is in his mid-70s. Nobody my age but I've gotten used to it.

>Do you ever meet the families of the people you process? if so how do they react to knowing that their loved one was handled by someone that they see as a child?

I don't interact with the famlies no, though I'm sure I've seen them around in public but didn't realize it.

>Has the nature of your job ever put you off of certain foods? any smells that make you think of burning bodies?

Burning meat... can't stand that smell anymore. I'm mostly a vegetarian now except for fish and chicken.

>Do you have to wear a mask to avoid breathing in people's ashes?

Supposed to but sometimes I don't. Woops.

>Do different races smell different when they burn at all?

Nope. But what does make a difference in smell is how much fat the person has on their body.

>>613648245
At first I did but it doesn't happen as much anymore.
>>613648512
We only process humans.
>>
>>613647965
forgot to quote your post, answer is here:
>>613648714
>>
>>613648714
>Nope. But what does make a difference in smell is how much fat the person has on their body.
is it fatter smell uglier?
>>
>>613649136
Yeah. It's a lot more intense. You avoid being around it more than you would if were a skinny person and you might have mask on when you otherwise wouldn't. Though you still treat the person with dignity. But it's a more unpleasant experience and you can't deny that.
>>
>>613648714
>what does make a difference in smell is how much fat the person has on their body.
/fit/ here, can I ask how fat people burning smell compares to normal people burning smell?

Also, processed any body builders?

Ever had to move anyone to a box that was too big to move on your own?
>>
>>613648714
You ever have to burn kids or babies? that would fuck me up mentally
>>
>>613635712
OP, thanks for the answers. Somebody just has to do this not a very pleasant job, so good luck with you.
>>
>>613649476
>/fit/ here, can I ask how fat people burning smell compares to normal people burning smell?

The more fat on the body the more unpleasant it will smell.

>Also, processed any body builders?

Some were toned but nobody was huge. Didn't have any problems and the smell wasn't worse than normal.

>Ever had to move anyone to a box that was too big to move on your own?

Yep. We have metal carts but also have to lift them off/on manually which can take a few people depending on how big the person is.

>>613649536
The youngest was 8. It made me feel really sad. Cried a little.
>>613649903
Thanks anon. I'm glad you're enjoying the thread.
>>
>>613650185
Thank you for answering my questions (and other posters' questions) OP, I'd never really given your area of work much thought, glad there are people like you in the world who take care of our loved ones after they have passed with the utmost respect and professionalism.
Keep up the good work.
>>
>>613651318
Thanks anon, we do our best and treat the people who come through our doors in the way we'd want ourselves to be treated after we pass
>>
>>613635712
How is the exhaust processed/filtered?

And this is all very morbidly interesting - thanks.
>>
>>613644932
>Yes, we have to manually break a lot of the bones with a long metal tool so that the flesh can burn properly.

wait, what?

Is this with every body? You have to smash the skull and break the big bones before burning?

Did I get that right??
>>
I'm really insecure. Maybe private is a better word. Always have been. Don't like anyone seeing me naked. I'm killing myself this summer and the thought of so many people seeing me naked after I die really bothers me. I wish I could be taken away in the clothes I die in and burned. I tell myself I'll be dead so it doesn't matter. Is there anything I can do?
>>
>>613652522
It's not filtered just goes through a stack into the open air. Some high tech crematories have fancy filtration systems but our building it old and filters aren't required by law so we don't have them.
>>613652597
No you didn't. We don't break the bones before. The bodies go inside whole. After it's been burning a while and the bones are brittle is when we have to manually break them apart with a metal tool, sometimes flesh matter from inside the skull isn't 100% burnt at this point though. But no bone breaking before the body is being burnt in the oven.
>>613652612
Nothing you can do but might I recommend therapy instead of suicide? Anything you want to talk about anon?
>>
I don't know if you'd know about this, but has anyone requested weird things be done with their ashes?

I know Hunter S. Thompson had his shot out of cannon mounted on a giant fist in the desert.

Has anyone requested objects be burned with their bodies?

Any murder victims?
>>
Ever dealed with immature people at work?

And have you ever had a breakdown on the job? (crying, fainting etc)
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 320x256) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 320x256
>>613652612
>>
>>613642119
Immunity cat
>>
My science teacher back in school said he had his uncles ashes put into fireworks at his request and they were shot over a lake.
>>
Did you ever get any corpses that were biologically hazardous? Like, someone that died of an infectious disease?

I doubt that you would, but that would be pretty scary.
>>
How long does it take to cremate the average body?
>>
>>613653295
I'm just a sad, crazy person. One of my oldest memories is being told a female nurse delivered me because the doctor wasn't there. I remember being horrified that a woman saw me naked. I didn't even like the idea of my parents seeing me naked the day I was born. Do I have no options? I'd consider burning myself in a bathtub full of gasoline if it would destroy my body beyond recognition.
>>
how many do you process a day?

is cremation a growing or declining preference compared to other methods?
>>
>>613654109
Stop being such a bitch.
>>
>>613653295
>>>613652597 (You)
>No you didn't. We don't break the bones before. The bodies go inside whole. After it's been burning a while and the bones are brittle is when we have to manually break them apart with a metal tool, sometimes flesh matter from inside the skull isn't 100% burnt at this point though. But no bone breaking before the body is being burnt in the oven.

Oh OK, that's definitely better.

But still, anon had it right when he said you don't get paid nearly enough for what you do.

I can tell from your answers that you are legit and that you do your job with dignity and respect for the deceased.

Kudos and thanks to you OP. It's rare to see such a good human being here in /b/.
>>
>>613653443
>I don't know if you'd know about this, but has anyone requested weird things be done with their ashes?

Any special requests for ashes is taken care of the family. All we do is burn the body and store the ashes for the family to come pick up and then after that, it is up to the family to do something special with them if that was the persons request.

>Has anyone requested objects be burned with their bodies?

We don't do this.

>Any murder victims?

The reason of death isn't given to us, but some times it is apparently, for example a car crash victim or a burn victim or somebody who hung themself etc. And yes sometimes there is a stab wound and we assume it was a murder victim.

>>613653490
Never dealt with immature people but one old guy in his 70s seems a little out of touch cause he has been doing it do long, he flicked a cigarette butt into the oven once and it really bothered me. He's retiring soon though. I cried when we had to burn an 8 year old.

>>613653740
That's pretty neat actually.

>>613653832
>Did you ever get any corpses that were biologically hazardous? Like, someone that died of an infectious disease?

Yep they are marked as such and we have hazmat suits if needed. Some guys wear them, some don't. If it's obviously disgusting I'll put one on but usually don't because it's a hassle.

>>613653855
45 minutes. Longer if they are obese.
>>613654109
Burning to death doesn't sound like a fun way to go, plus you'd fuck up the building you were in. Please consider therapy anon?

>>613654351
We have 3 ovens. It takes 45 minutes to burn a body on average and we operate for 12 hours a day. Cremation is growing for sure, might be because of the population of old people though.
>>613654494
>But still, anon had it right when he said you don't get paid nearly enough for what you do.

In my opinion I make very good money.

>Kudos and thanks to you OP. It's rare to see such a good human being here in /b/.

Thank you!
>>
>>613635712
I may want to work with death since many do want to do it. What field would you reccomend me going into when it comes to the deceased? Death doesn't bother me but I'm not Albert Einstein to say the least.
>>
>>613654745
>45 minutes. Longer if they are obese.
ok thanks.
So the holocaust is now officially a hoax.
>>
>>613654800
What does Albert Einstein have to do with working with dead people
>>
>>613654800
I'm not knowledgeable on any other types of work sorry. Maybe the person at a morgue who figures out why people died though?
>>613655127
This is just based on the ovens we have. Ovens come in different sizes and strengths.
>>613655152
I was wondering this as well.
>>
>>613654745
there are always bodies to burn? How big is the stockpile at your location?
>>
>>613655660
Always seems to be. I guess people just can't stop dying.
>>
>>613654393
I'm insane, not a bitch.
>>613654745
I'm not a psycho. I'd buy a bathtub or something and fill it with gasoline in a field, I would fill a bathtub in a house with gas.
>>
>>613655152
Nothing, just saying that I'm not the smartest human being to ever live. Smarter than your average middleaged neckbeard flipping parties at Wendy's but not a Harvard student with an A in advanced calc.

>>613655427
That's what I was thinking of. Maybe even being a funeral home director but like you've said family connections would probably intervene. Thank you man.
>>
>>613655786
Wouldn't*
>>
>>613655786
>I'm insane

Honey go to bed, you have a long day of fedora shopping ahead of you tommorow.
>>
>>613655786
>>613656080
Still seems like a terrible way to die just for an irration fear of people seeing your body naked...most of the people we process are eldery. We don't care what you look like. And would you just consider therapy instead of an heroing? It doesn't mean your crazy, you don't have to be psycho to go to therapy. Anybody can go to therapy.
>>613655869
>That's what I was thinking of. Maybe even being a funeral home director but like you've said family connections would probably intervene. Thank you man.
No problem, glad I could offer some advice.
>>
>>613655869
Flipping parties at wendy's sounds good.
>>
>>613656202
I wouldn't even need to burn to death. I could havethe fire start after I die.
>>
Ever had a body in there that you just wanted to fuck while no one was looking?
>>
Do you ever cremate the bodies used for medical student dissections?

I don't know if they'd have their own burners or not.

Are the bodies cleaned before they get to you?
>>
>>613656309
>parties

Fuck, whatever.
>>
Anything dead disgusts me after seeing my dead grandmother at 10 years old and watching her coffin slowly enter the oven.
>>
>>613656569
I'm only joshing ya around bro ;)
>>
>>613656477
i know we sent the bodies away at my school
>>
>>613656362
What if you fuck up and accidentally light the BATHTUB FULL OF GASOLINE while you were inside? Just go to therapy anon... which is going to make people go WTF after - the guy who an heros in a tub full of gas or the guy being burnt at a crematorium like thousands of others??
>>613656412
Nope.
>>613656477
>Do you ever cremate the bodies used for medical student dissections?
We cremate all types and don't know the cause of death or where they came from usually, though that would explain some of the crazy cuts and marks I have seen, though they could also be explained by the morgue because they cut people apart to see how they died. But I am nearly positive medical schools send the bodies to be cremated like any others. I doubt they have cremation facilities at a university campus lol.
>Are the bodies cleaned before they get to you?
Depends, sometimes they are sometimes they aren't. If from a morgue or funeral parlor, yes.
>>613656582
Nothing wrong with that feeling, anon.
>>
>>613639890
Clothes are usuall cut up by undertakers to fit them on after rigor mortis sets in
Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.