[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are money, sex and power the most important things in life?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 12
File: image.jpg (164 KB, 900x1312) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164 KB, 900x1312
Are money, sex and power the most important things in life?
>>
>>612838325
yes.

/thread
>>
File: dd.jpg (80 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
dd.jpg
80 KB, 413x395
>>612838325
If that's true, everyone on 4chan is in for a rough fucking ride.
>>
Taking extremely satisfying shits.

It's the little things.
>>
just saying, ive only ever heard poor people say money doesnt buy happiness
>>
>>612838468
/thread
>>
>>612838325
Yes. But what is more important is making sure that those 3 things are put into balance by the people affected by them. Money should not equal power and love should personal
>>
>>612838325
you forgot DRUGS
>>
>>612838325
happiness is most important. but money sex and power sure wouldnt make me unhappy
>>
>>612838725
that
>>
>>612838468
i don't know, i feel like alcohol is a little better than taking satisfying shits. My alcohol shits are absolutely disgusting to smell or hear and often painful and blood is often involved, but it's worth it.
>>
>>612838563
The middle and upper-middle classes are too busy trying to get rich to question their entire lifestyles.

Therefore I assume you dont know many rich people. Most of the 1% I know would actually agree that if you dont have money problems (unlikely as keeping wealth is a full time job) other problems will arise elsewhere. So yeah, money doesnt buy happiness, it just changes the kinds of problems you have.
>>
File: Conan.jpg (91 KB, 815x1024) Image search: [Google]
Conan.jpg
91 KB, 815x1024
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!
>>
>>612838926
also something ive never heard someone who isnt poor say
>>
>>612838993
this nigger knows whats up
>>
Cush your enemies see them driven Before you and hear the Lamentations of their women.
>>
File: Indifference.jpg (74 KB, 601x402) Image search: [Google]
Indifference.jpg
74 KB, 601x402
Nothing in life is important
>>
>>612839161
look at this fucker who got beaten and can't even type
>>
There are three inescapable problems that humans will always struggle with; be them money, sex, power or something else all together.

The problems are:
Getting, Having, Keeping.

Each of these plagues us all, and we play the game of gaining new problems to fix old ones - and unsurprisingly, it never really seems to work.
>>
>>612838852
You need AA
>>
>>612838325
just money really, power and sex are achieved through money
>>
>>612839246
you retard.
Everything is all about you and your life while accepting the others around you. Create your own world dumbass.
>>
>>612839310
i tried it, a bunch of self-righteous pricks who do nothing but browbeat you if you even have an urge to drink. It doesn't work - most of the people in AA are still drunks, they are just attending to satisfy their probation requirements.
>>
>>612839321
money has nothing to do with sex, beta.
>>
>>612839402
How do you get your own world?
What does having it complicate?
How do you keep it?

I dont disagree with you - i'm just saying the problems persist everywhere.
>>
If you have money you get power. If you have power u get sex. So yah
>>
>>612839446
It was just a joke. I don't think AA really works. But for real if you're shitting blood it's not worth it. Just quit m8
>>
File: images (2).jpg (4 KB, 121x90) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
4 KB, 121x90
>>612839321
ugly richfag detected
>>
Time is the most important thin in life followed by eperiences. Think about it, time is all we got, we trade it for money and squander the money we use with time
>>
>>612838725
>>612838751
Get off your phone during class
>>
>>612839525
It complicates nothing, you know one and that's all up to you.

There are just endless types of possibilities for everything here.
>>
Value and experience are the most important things in your life. Those three things augment value and experience. Say you wanna get high if you're rich as fuck but don't know anyone you'll pay 500$ for some top shelf nug. But say you're a skeezy motherfucker doing well for himself but know the right guys and get the same nug for 100$ an oz. value differs based on lifestyle and connections. Wealth is connections and tangible resources not just paper. Paper is like electricity it's powerful when it has something to operate and powerless when there is nothing to use it. Same goes for sex and power; they're value based operators. You can have a lot of sex and feel on top of the world living as a hippi in a commune with no money and find more value from your experience than a big shot Wall Street investor making boatloads but burning it all just to feel human.
>>
>>612839598
it's not blood in the actual shit, it's more like hemorhoids if you really want to know, where the blood happens after the rancid shit ravages my asshole. If my shit was turning black and all that I'd go to a doctor.
>>
>>612839498
You fucking retard
>>
>>612839698
nigga please, we are from all over the world.
You stupid.
>>
File: image.jpg (173 KB, 2000x1414) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173 KB, 2000x1414
>>612838325
Power is overrated. Money is important only to a point. Sex is great but is best with someone you are in love with. Self actualization is best.
>>
>>612838325

Yes it is....but not in such a douche-bag American kinda way...

The fact is, out of 7+ billion people on this planet, not everyone can grab a piece of land of their own, grow crops, raise sheep, sell the produce off their land. Even if we were all hunter/gatherers who live outside the world economy, there still needs to be a level of repricosity between people for mutual advantage (Re: trading pelts for wheat).

So the idea of money being important is essentially the compact version of having your own assets (such as land, pelts, wheat), and living off it......The more you have of it, the more power you have as well. Power over yourself, power towards those around you (the wheat farmer needs to stay warm, and the hunter has the pelts).

Sex is a natural imperative, that's a fact.....even if it's just with yourself, the need to 'release' yourself improves emotional and physical health.
>>
>>612839834
you must be retarded.
It's all about the looks, goblin.
>>
>>612839906
This guy knows the drill
>>
>>612839959
explain danny devito
>>
>>612839726
Possibilities and options can be sources of stress.
Dont go so far as to pretend freedom is without problem or struggle.

Nor do I think it wise to assume we know anything sufficiently to be that secure. Self-delusion is always possible, but that's an unstable foundation to work off of.
>>
Food and water are a little more essential but these are right up there too.
>>
>>612838458
Tell me something I don't already know.
>>
>>612839597
Look at this retard can't talk needs money justify his inability to function. Sound like you haven't grown up.
>>
File: VET-ZOL.jpg (678 KB, 1667x1111) Image search: [Google]
VET-ZOL.jpg
678 KB, 1667x1111
>>612839906
hippy bullshit. sell your home and meditate in the street. only then can you self actualize
>>
>>612840067
it's all about how you want to see the things that surroud you.
>>
>>612839906
>money important to a point
4/5ths of the hierarchy of needs depends on money
>>
>>612840273
nigga you jelaous-.
>>
>>612839906
I would put esteem at the bottom, I really don't care what others think about me as long as I have those other things.
>>
>>612840368
Would you care to explain how they depend on money?
>>
You can be self sufficient and live alone in this world, but we are social, tribal animals and we are still playing tribes in the urban world. Companies, forums, even friends groups are modern tribes and having a healthy tribe is the key to success since as a collective you either achieve something or have fun being with others. This doesn't trump the bare necessities but as a complex organism this tends to be a meta requirement for a happy existence
>>
>>612840433
if you actually talk to women, lack of self esteem is a dealbreaker probably to 99% of them. Nobody wants to be with some sadsack who thinks they are worse than everyone else. Why would anyone want to be with a guy if he thinks she doesn't deserve him? Maybe he's right.
>>
(562) 228-3362
>>
>>612840287
I would agree, but I dont always feel in charge of what my brain chooses to think on, or how I seem to feel, or what I notice, etc.

It's like some kind of metaphysical trap. There are parts of us that make decisions that are unaffected by other parts of us that make decisions.

If you dont like apples - you cannot force yourself to like apples. You can force yourself to eat apples. You can force yourself to grow accustomed to eating apples, You can do many apple-related things but never to freely "like" them as someone who does so effortlessly.

In the same way we can expose ourselves to new ideas, new vantages, new perspectives - but I'm not so confident we can force ourselves to notice something, or believe something, or feel something.

The best we can do is put ourselves in the environment and hope the rest of our brain reacts favorably.
>>
>>612839906
This guy has it right, it is true that being comfortable and internalizing the best qualities of yourself will leave you content and able to enjoy the finer qualities of life. Anyone who argues that money or sex is essential is fooling themselves.
>>
>>612840273
But if hes a hippi how is he gonna sell his home if he's squatting there on the couch for som drugs brah
>>
>>612840600
I doesn't say self esteem, it says esteem, which is different. Self esteem is, yes, what you think of yourself, but esteem is like social stature so if I already have everything else in the pyramid (which includes love) I wouldn't care for what the remainder of people thought about me. I don't hate myself.
>>
>>612838563
i always hear the opposite, rich people say money doesnt buy happiness and I dont buy that shit
>>
>>612840690
I like the way you think but i think you should check into spirituality, it might give you the answers you need. You don't even have to choose any religion or belief. Just yours is sufficient.
Yet all the answers you ever seek are within you and your mind only.
>>
>>612841127
i assumed that's what the faggot who made that stupid image was implying when he made it, but if i assume your definition is what he meant, I think I'd agree.
>>
>>612838591
Spoken like a true poorfag
>>
>>612841164

Shit dude I've seen miserable rich people. They complain about getting old and brag about the big bag of scripts they got for as much as you make in a year. Really after witnessing that it seems your health is the most important since your healthcare can bleed you of money power and sex without a functional body.
>>
>>612841450
>i trol u
>>
File: 1418582747640.jpg (133 KB, 450x478) Image search: [Google]
1418582747640.jpg
133 KB, 450x478
To you who reads this. Holy shit, I can imagine you people posting that post that you are about to post. I feel like a king.
>>
>>612841271
I already have a faith, but epistemology doesn't in this case require it, so I left it out.

In the end, ITT everyone wants to know what to focus on to get "all the happys" for the rest of their life and wants to confirm their targets are the correct ones (and for many feel out of their reach reaffirming their despair).

It's a silly exercise to ask everyone else what is most valuable for yourself. The only thing a thread like this can tell you is the general mood of society and how to manipulate that society (slightly).
>>
>>612841558
okay
>>
Not exactly. Satisfaction and happiness is the most important thing in life. For us, poor, unfuckable, little people, money, sex and power are highly sought after. different people need different things to be happy and satisfied.
>>
>>612838325
no,
being honest
living a life you can afford to live
and knowing when to speak and when to remain silent
those are the most important things in life
>>
>>612840578
u wot
physiological-where you get food and clothes nigger? mke them outta deer hide like some mad max shit? No you buy them.
Safety-If you even into psych then you would know economic safety is included in safety. Next.
Bitches do n't love no broke ass niggers.
Esteem-Again read your psych book. Also includes prestige, like promotions and titles and shit. Like you get at jobs, where you work, for money...
Self actualization is the only one on its own that doesn't have to do with cash. But according to mazlow, you know the fucking guy that made this shit up, you cant ascend to the next level of the pyramid until; you satisfy the needs of the current level. So in reality the whole fuckin thing depends on money. But on their own only 4/5 do.
>>
File: 1413304569652.jpg (32 KB, 360x480) Image search: [Google]
1413304569652.jpg
32 KB, 360x480
>>612841782
what a response, absolutely beautiful, may man
>>
File: 1429820715734.gif (68 KB, 500x293) Image search: [Google]
1429820715734.gif
68 KB, 500x293
>>612838725
>>
>>612841699
You should look into Taoism. Wayne Dyer did an audio book of his version of the Tao Te Ching.
>>
>>612841918
Physiological - True
Safety - Partially true, in theory this could be afforded by other non economic means if the social structure was constructed differently. But in the modern world it definitely requires bank.
Esteem - What you equated this to was "social capital" or "points" we gain for good feels. Again, in this society - this is partially true, though this doesnt affect everyone equally, some do feel like money points = success points. Others get these points from other sources, so i'd say it's only applicable to those who'd agree with you.
Actualization - Right, doesnt need money at all, and sometimes money can interfere with it.
>>
Good health
Imagination
Art
>>
>>612842314
>>612842314
>>612842314
Yea hypothetically they don't require money but we dont live in hypothetically.
We live in an global system crafted by merchants.
>>
File: hdtjkgbhtgfj.jpg (14 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
hdtjkgbhtgfj.jpg
14 KB, 240x320
>>612842428
>poor, virgin faggot detected
>>
>>612842693
But that necessity is then created by context, its not inherent.

The human doesnt "need" 'money', the human wants to be X in Y context. And in this context, money is an easy form of transferable time/effort allowing for some of the former.

The argument is now whether that transfer device has overstepped itself and now interferes with the human's needs.
>>
>>612838325
In western world, aka 1st world, yes! Every elsewhere maybe just the sex
>>
>>612842877
nice dubs
make decent living
not a virgin
everyone on this shitty board is a faggot
>>
>>612838325
Only if you're broke, horny, and powerless!
>>
File: 1425274228205.gif (561 KB, 500x295) Image search: [Google]
1425274228205.gif
561 KB, 500x295
Happiness is relative. It's just chemicals in your brain. If you are happy scuba diving in pig shit and smoking meth, as long as you're not causing anyone else to be unhappy - do it.

You exist in the "now". Your life is going to be over, and it will be like it never happened. Get all of the dopamine and serotonin releases you can over a long period of time.
>>
>>612838325
No. Just money and sex. Power is usually a combination of the two.
>>
>>612844606
(cont'd)
Of course smoking meth will probably eventually make you unhappy, but that's a different story.

Money doesn't make you happy, it just makes getting other things that make you happy a whole lot easier. People like power. There's no exact equation for what's important. It's relative to you.
>>
archive this shit
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.