[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Prove me wrong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: 1420034723642.jpg (64 KB, 551x395) Image search: [Google]
1420034723642.jpg
64 KB, 551x395
Prove me wrong
>>
>>612820888
Can't, plus trips, can't argue with trips
>>
File: image.jpg (965 KB, 2880x1920) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
965 KB, 2880x1920
>the bible is the word of God. Case closed.

All you atheist faggots need to leave /b/.
>>
File: 1424175547566s.jpg (10 KB, 250x186) Image search: [Google]
1424175547566s.jpg
10 KB, 250x186
>>612821531
Your move
>>
Aliens.
>>
>>612821466
Dubs confirm
>>
>>612820888

You haven't made a statement.
>>
>>612821531
You can't disapprove trips either faggot
>>
>>612820888

Agnostic master race reporting in.
>>
>>612821531

Why can't atheists define god? I'm with you, anon.
>>
>>612820888
Prove me right should be the question you flaming faggot.
Proving you wrong is no effort at all.
>>
>>612821843
Also proving or disproving God has nothing to do with the original statement.
The original statement refers to the Bible supposedly being the word of God.

Napkin religion is the only true religion because that's what it says right here on this napkin.
>>
>>612821843
Do it then, faggot
>>
>>612821843

Actually, no.

The scientific method is a tool of negation. Nothing more.
>>
>>612822044
Dubs confirmed statement. This is the word of napkin, official religion of /b/
>>
Not just adapting multiple aspects from various faiths and just live like an honest man by trying to further the human race and abstain from anything that will hold you back (accept for the normal things you need to relax( drugs are up to debate, only if you don't hurt anyone in the process of obtaining and using
>>
>>612822044
>Napkin religion is the only true religion because that's what it says right here on this napkin.

If you say so.

I'll be over here with literally billions of other people and this book written by dozens of other people over a period of thousands of years, containing irrefutable correlation.
>>
Athiests are (probably) always attacking religion because they lack that felling that you are always loved and accepted. Wether god exists or doesn't, it doesn't matter its just a belief but its a good one to have because if im right fuck you im happy, if you are right then congrats you took away happiness from millions.
> Use your skills to attack scientology
>>
The Bible is greatest lie ever told. If this book was written today... would you believe it? If dubs, confirms this!

And it not, still answer the question.
>>
File: 1276738251285.png (33 KB, 728x694) Image search: [Google]
1276738251285.png
33 KB, 728x694
>>612820888
the burden of proof is on you, my friend
>>
>>612822633
Do you science bro?
>>
>>612822633

The "burden of proof" is a legal term, dumbfuck.
>>
>>612822560
There has to be jesus in the present also if it was made today to base the story off of you retard. The present day bible wouldn't be possible without that fact We could ask him to prove himself.
>>
>>612822973
What if Jesus was an idea, not a man?
>>
>>612821597
onus of proof newfag

next
>>
>>612823097
He was a man and there is overwelming evidence that he existed but if he was divine nobody knows. The what if scenarios are more tilted to a myth because then we know he wasn't real because its an idea with little to back it up, and has no story. The reason religion is so popular is that its believeable.
>>
>>612821597
True but you can disprove the abrahamic God quite easily.
>>
>>612822633
The standard logic in the pic is the agnostic atheist position
>>
File: fuckyeahatheism.jpg (60 KB, 621x480) Image search: [Google]
fuckyeahatheism.jpg
60 KB, 621x480
>>612823679
>>
ITT: Christfags disputing trips
>>
File: 1398446401357.jpg (16 KB, 350x345) Image search: [Google]
1398446401357.jpg
16 KB, 350x345
>>612823826
>agnostic atheist
>>
>>612824042
Amen!
>>
File: 1426617853281.jpg (2 MB, 1274x1835) Image search: [Google]
1426617853281.jpg
2 MB, 1274x1835
>>612820888
actually, priest-astronomers lead the agricultural revolution, 10kya, by correctly telling farmers (via lots of prayer mumbo-jumbo) when to plant their crops. That's certain stars & constellations have agriculture-based names, and it's why the Pope got mad at Galileo. They were instinctively defending their ownership of the _calendar_.

They never once thought the earth was flat, or the sun "went somewhere" at night
>>
>>612820888
I honestly don't care what you do or don't believe, but if if you're going to slam something as false (whatever it is) then at least read it yourself first.

Some interesting things to consider

Job 26: 7: He stretches out the heavens over empty space, hanging the Earth upon nothing

Estimated time of writing, close to 1470 B.C.E
In times where humans believe the Earth is suspended on a variety of objects (differed per culture, some animals/ giant tortoise some pillars etc) and the idea of things not universally falling downward/being able to be suspended in space foreign concepts up until Newtons Theory's in the 1600's, the knowledge predates it's time period immensely.

Another example in Isaiah 40:22: He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth (time of writing 730 B.C.E) Note, the Biblical Hebrew word for “circle” (חוג—chuwg) is interchangable with “round” or “sphere.”
A description of the Earth as being round or spherical in shape, hundreds of years before any existing record of a nation or culture believing the Earth not to be round.

TL;DR There's a lot more to the book that no one seems to pay attention to, usually people it's just say hurr durr homos will burn in hell
>>
>>612823826
"Agnostic" and "atheist" are mutually exclusive.

Why not just call it what it was already called, which is soft or negative atheism?

Why do you want hide behind agnosticism?

Talk about riding the fence.

>I can't decide if I believe the existence of god is knowable, or if I am a total fucking retard.
>>
>>612820888

Can't, bibbel is a lie.
>>
>>612824665
You realize two thousand years from now, people will claim Harry potter was real just like you claim the bible is now
>>
File: yee.jpg (5 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
yee.jpg
5 KB, 251x201
>>612824665
Its funny how most of this could be debateable but nobody wants to look stupid.
>>
>>612824665
There is not one passage in the Bible indicating that the earth is a sphere. Isaiah 40:22 refers to it as a circle. The Hebrew word translated as "circle" there is chuwg, which means "circle" not "sphere."

There are many passages in the Bible that indicate the earth is flat. Nebuchadnezzar's vision in Dan 4:10-11 clearly indicates the earth is flat, and Dan 2:28 states that the visions of Nebuchadnezzar are from God. If the biblical god says the biblical earth is flat, it must be flat.

The physical aspect of a circle is a disk, so the biblical earth is disk-shaped. Since the biblical earth is flat, it has an underside and under the earth is the abyss, which is referred to several times in the Bible. That is also what is being referred to in Job 26:7 when it says that the earth hangs over nothing. Job 26:7 implies that the earth has an upper side and an underside, which the actual earth does not have. (The original Hebrew word translated as "upon" in that passage in the KJV also means "over.")

That passage also says that the earth "hangs" or is "suspended," which is not true. The earth is actually orbiting the sun at 66,000 miles per hour.

In fact, the ancient Greek scientists proved the earth to be a sphere while the writers of the Bible still believed it to be flat, and one of those scientists, Eratosthenes, even measured the circumference of the spherical earth fairly accurately.

And don't forget. Bible believers burned Giordano Bruno at the stake for saying in contradiction to the Bible that the earth moves, and would have done the same to Galileo if he had not recanted.

I might also refer to Ecclesiastes 1:5:

"The sun rises and the sun goes down, and hastens to the place where it rises."

That pretty well goes along with the idea of an immovable earth. Otherwise, why would the sun need to return to the place where it arose?
>>
>>612824914
They aren't mutually exclusive they refer to different things.
>>
File: 1423913040052.jpg (53 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1423913040052.jpg
53 KB, 640x640
>>612825083
>>
>>612825172
>mutually exclusive
>refer to different things
choose both
>>
>>612825172

Well I'm going by the dictionary definitions of "agnostic" and "atheism"...specifically the OED.

What are you going by?
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 460x345) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 460x345
>>612825083
Pretty much this. What a stupid apologist, just parroting the same debunked shit from William Lane Craig and Kent Hovind
>>
>>612825503
The same you're failing to comprehend the definitions
>>
>>612821466
>>612821664
swapped dubs confirm
>>
>>612820888
The Bible was not just written by a bunch of guys, the book of Hebrews was written by a woman
>>
>>612825083
The thing is in the ancient world it was already accepted that the world was sphere. You can see this with their ability to navigate oceans. If the earth were circular, their navigational maps would not work. As well, the thought that people thought the world was a circle is a misconception that has been going on for too long in the educational system.
>>
>>612825658
explain:

ag·nos·tic
aɡˈnästik/
noun
a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena

a·the·ist
ˈāTHēəst/
noun
a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods.
>>
>>612824665
>Another example in Isaiah 40:22: He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth (time of writing 730 B.C.E) Note, the Biblical Hebrew word for “circle” (חוג—chuwg) is interchangable with “round” or “sphere.”

huur I'm an online atheist so I like to argue against the writings of bronze-age nomads hurr durr
>>
>>612825895
Several early Christian writers believed the earth to be flat, including Eusebius, John Chrysostom, Lactantius, Tertullian, Theophilus, and Clement. In the sixth century, Cosmas Indicopleustes wrote a book called Christian Topology in which he used the Bible to prove that the earth is flat. The idea that atheists and evolutionists manufacture a myth that Christians used to think the earth is flat is just another creationist and Christian lie.
>>
>>612826067
Agnostic is about knowledge
Atheism is about belief
Read the definitions
>>
File: The-Foghorn-Leghorn-11.jpg (200 KB, 1480x1080) Image search: [Google]
The-Foghorn-Leghorn-11.jpg
200 KB, 1480x1080
>>612820888
The statement in your pic is wrong.
Most people understood (by the time of Moses) we were on a round planet, like the moon, that went around the sun.

And the Bible does not have all the answers by any stretch. It's really only the narrative of God's relationship with people and the expectations He has of those who choose to follow Him.
>>
File: 1430176256636.jpg (392 KB, 2000x1180) Image search: [Google]
1430176256636.jpg
392 KB, 2000x1180
>>612824665
>hurr hey duds you guess what? tortoises hold earth above their shells!
>uh, this is stupid
>hurr my god says that he holds world with nothing!
>OMFG HE WAS GENIUS BECAUSE 1700 YEARS LATER SOME SCIENTIST GIVE A LOGICAL ANSWER FOR AN QUESTION AND GOD IS PERFETC

He was just using hiperbole. When he says "Using notting to hold up world" he was trying to demonstrate how awesome his god is. Y'know, jews.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 331x448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 331x448
Does God exist? The universe had a start - what caused it?

Scientists are convinced that our universe began with one enormous explosion of energy and light, which we now call the Big Bang. This was the singular start to everything that exists: the beginning of the universe, the start of space, and even the initial start of time itself.

Astrophysicist Robert Jastrow, a self-described agnostic, stated, "The seed of everything that has happened in the Universe was planted in that first instant; every star, every planet and every living creature in the Universe came into being as a result of events that were set in motion in the moment of the cosmic explosion...The Universe flashed into being, and we cannot find out what caused that to happen."9

Steven Weinberg, a Nobel laureate in Physics, said at the moment of this explosion, "the universe was about a hundred thousands million degrees Centigrade...and the universe was filled with light."10

The universe has not always existed. It had a start...what caused that? Scientists have no explanation for the sudden explosion of light and matter.
>>
>>612825083
This is NOT entirely true. Giordano Bruno weren't burned for claiming the Earth moved - sure the Church didn't like that as it clashed with the aristotelian world view, but he was burned for being a heretic in saying a lot of other things. It's a common misconception that he was burned for the "Earth moves" thing.

Galileo Galilei was the same - he wasn't persecuted for opposing the Aristotelian world view but rather for being way too radical in the way he put things forward... these guys were both aggressive and radical, a poor combo that usually made them state things that skimmed the borderland of heresy.

Regardless of which, Christianity abandoned the belief that the Earth could have been flat very very early, and by the time Thomas Aquinas incorporated Aristotle's world view into the church doctrine, they had already known the world was spherical for a long time.
>>
What's with the "why cant atheists define god?"
We've defined him before. The same way you religious nuts define mythical gods. Its a belief that people need to give purpose to their life, because they cant stand the reality that you were a random fucking mistake that isn't meant to do anything in life other than make another fucking mistake and continue the life of your species.
God -noun-
A fantastical creation of the human mind to help the helpless cope with the hardships of life.
Learn to live together /b/
>>
how much, much better the place wouldve been if the entire mideast and the absolutey shitty shitty people it produced never existed, ever. it gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.
>>
>>612826380
>Scientists are convinced
Someone doesn't understand the scientific method
>>
>>612826380
Neither does God, though. Because if we assume God, then what created God? Can't particularly say he was eternal because then we can just say "there were an eternal cycle of Big Bangs" instead.
>>
>>612826235

It says right there that agnosticism is a belief, though...?

And a "belief" is just an acceptance that someone is true or valid.
>>
File: 1421857486899.jpg (306 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1421857486899.jpg
306 KB, 2048x1536
>>612826380
>The universe has not always existed. It had a start...what caused that? Scientists have no explanation for the sudden explosion of light and matter.

actually, physicists now understand the Big Bang to be an optical illusion (if you run the numbers different it goes away), AND that the universe occupies a higher-dimensional Bulk, containing both curved 3D space and curved 3D time. So if you insist on identifying this god-thing as that which is Outside all this cosmology, then you are merely pushing It as far away from earthly concerns as possible!
>>
>>612826433
>Giordano Bruno weren't burned for claiming the Earth moved

thank you. he was a heretic who got his rocks off contradicting The Church, using their own florid language, which dragged in all kinds of useless metaphors
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>612826919
>>612826714
>>612826693

We know God exists because he pursues us. He is constantly initiating and seeking for us to come to him.

I was an atheist at one time. And like many atheists, the issue of people believing in God bothered me greatly. What is it about atheists that we would spend so much time, attention, and energy refuting something that we don't believe even exists?! What causes us to do that? When I was an atheist, I attributed my intentions as caring for those poor, delusional people...to help them realize their hope was completely ill-founded. To be honest, I also had another motive. As I challenged those who believed in God, I was deeply curious to see if they could convince me otherwise. Part of my quest was to become free from the question of God. If I could conclusively prove to believers that they were wrong, then the issue is off the table, and I would be free to go about my life.
>>
>>612820888
Proving you wrong, even if it were possible, would be a waste of time.
As it says in Luke 16:29 "29 ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’
>>
>>612826919
>physicists now understand

Which physicists? All of them?
>>
>>612827112
>We know God exists

Can you please define "god"? Just the word, please.
>>
File: my nigger.gif (2 MB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
my nigger.gif
2 MB, 640x640
YLYL thread. OC content
>>
>>612827195

probably only a very few of them - they don't want their Pope of Physics to burn them at the stake.

Here's a good argument for a steady-state universe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy47OQxUBvw

regardless whether you "believe it", this "god vs big bang" idiocy has always been a false dichotomy. Whatever scientists say it is, Gawd created it, obviously
>>
We as the human race are lost if we think a God, one described in many copy and pasted articles here, would even remotely care or even know of our existence. We are selfish to believe we are special in this universe.
>>
>>612826660
The ruling classes would have just made up another version of the same shit at a different point in time. Religion is about keeping the mouthbreathing masses controlled and entertained while they dig shit to keep the aristocracy rich.
>>
File: image.jpg (79 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79 KB, 500x500
>>612827422
God
ɡäd/
noun
(in Christianity and other monotheistic religions) the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.

I can tell you're getting frustrated because I am brining froth good points and truth..
>>
>>612824998
Imagine if the street walkers pick this up....
>minding own business in front yard
>two men in suits carrying books walk up the street toward you
>"Hey there, have you heard the good news? Our lord and savior, who was wise enough to stray from being of sorted with the Snakes, has delivered to us another beautiful day by defeating the one who shall not be named. Blessed be thy name, Harry Potter.
>>
The problem that the atheist community has is that half of the atheists are just edgy teens that dont know what they're doing with themselves. They start these arguments and this whole atheists vs christians thing.
Real atheists dont believe but they also dont shove it down peoples throats. Im atheist. I go to church if my family wants me to because it works for them. They understand why i also dont go to church on any type of basis. If your belief, or lack thereof, is causing hostility with any other belief or lack of it, you might want to rethink what you believe in
>>
>>612827548
>Whatever scientists say it is, Gawd created it, obviously

Anon, there's a massive difference between what scientists actually say, and what science popularizers say they say/ armchair experts interpret them as saying.

Science is a process of negation. Science doesn't prove things.

Again, science doesn't prove things.

Science is a brilliant process that shaves away theories until a strong, well-supported theory remains.

Why don't atheists know science and why can't atheists define the god they say doesn't exist?

FFS.
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 604x604
>>612827112

Underrated post. I feel you /b/ro
>>
>>612827708
>I am brining froth

Yes.

Thank you for defining god, unlike dumbfuck atheists.

That's an excellent definition. I respect the OED.
>>
SPOILER ALERT BELOW
Nobody here believes in god, but since /b/ has long exhausted christian trolling material, now it's all about pretending to be christians and trolling butthurt atheists who don't get it, by calling them fedoras and edgy
>>
File: image.jpg (133 KB, 629x629) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133 KB, 629x629
If God didn’t create the Earth, why does everything work so well?

It can’t be coincidence that we have air to breath, water to drink, and churches to pray in. God intended it that way. If he didn’t, then why is Christianity the most popular religion in the world? Why is America, a Christian nation, the most powerful in the world? This can’t be something that just happened to occur.

The fact that every ecosystem in the world acts in accordance with itself and survives is proof of intelligent design. If it all just happened, as evolution and the big bang seem to suggest, there would be chaos everywhere. Instead, the more we delve into scientific fields, we find order. Order that can only be provided by a benevolent creator.
>>
>>612828120
I believe in God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJF13nTR_lA
>>
>>612828120
this

there are no religious people on /b/. just look at the place ffs
>>
>>612828280
>If God didn’t create the Earth, why does everything work so well?

It doesn't. The fact that I can improve upon God's supposed creation testifies to that.
>>
>>612828475
Pretty sure there could be a bunch of Bogomilists or Satanists.
>>
File: 811116627_109106.jpg (27 KB, 552x410) Image search: [Google]
811116627_109106.jpg
27 KB, 552x410
>>612823614
> implying religions arent total bullshit
mfw
>>
>>612828475

>what are religions of dystheism?
>what are religions of misotheism?
>>
File: beholdyourgod.gif (69 KB, 478x359) Image search: [Google]
beholdyourgod.gif
69 KB, 478x359
Why haven't you given yourself Lucky the Caticus /b/? Do you not want him to give you bags of your homeworld's currency?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4916g99dMw
>>
>>612826235
nigga you dumb. There is no such thing as an agnostic atheist. You either don't know if god exists (agnostic), or you know that god doesn't exist (atheist). You can't "not know if god exists, but god doesn't exist"(agnostic atheist)
>>
>>612828565
>Bogomilist

>theologist detected
>>
>>612828693
>dystheism?
>misotheism

fuck me its a theologists convention
>>
Okay Christians here's a honest question I want answers to.
How is your God of 2015 years any more real than the Nord Gods of 100s of years, or the Mythical Gods of 1000s of years? What makes him any more real? And while we're here, why is he more real than Buddha or the Hindu Gods?
>>
>>612828824

Exactly the distinction is between theism and non-theism.

Theism in includes theists and deists.

Non-theism includes agnostics and atheists.

And agnostic and atheist are mutually exclusive.
>>
>>612828824
Nigger are you retarded
>>
File: image.jpg (168 KB, 800x596) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
168 KB, 800x596
>>612828556

Here we go, Splitting hairs and not understanding what I wrote.

Adam and Eve and screed us all over..

Right now life isn't perfect "Obviously" but we're on a ear that still supports life in its wicked point in time.

Thankfully you can help the foolish, But the wicked have been marked by the Devil.
>>
File: spoon they want my soul.jpg (277 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
spoon they want my soul.jpg
277 KB, 1500x1500
>>612827839
This.

As a Christian, if anyone asks why I believe what I do, I'll tell them. If they want a debate, I'll make clear I have no intention to prove my side or draw them to it.

More often than not, if they inquire, I'll say "so, as Douglas Adams (an atheist) once put it, you've heard about the guy getting nailed to a tree for suggesting that we be nice to each other for a change?" If they say yes, then I say we're done. As Christians, we're only charged with telling those who haven't heard about it. After that, it's up to the person to decide if they accept it or not. (I have yet to hear, "no, never heard of it.")
>>
File: big bang.jpg (46 KB, 410x600) Image search: [Google]
big bang.jpg
46 KB, 410x600
>>612820888
You do realize the same argument can be applied to anything right?
>HURR DURR WE KNOW WHERE THE SUN GOES THAT MEANS WE KNOW EVERYTHING. HAHAHAHA FUCKING RELIGIOUS FAGS BTFO.

You do know the Catholic Church in particularly is a giant magnet of scientific skill right? They in fact promoted it and many Cleric-Scientists and Lay-scientists put their theories and discoveries forward.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Roman_Catholic_cleric-scientists
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Catholic_scientists

Wouldn't be surprised if you thought the Vatican was just a city state with robed men, armoured soldiers and torches everywhere instead of an advanced city that has departments for every scientific field inside its walls alongside its theological wing.

>>612821531
Wrong.

It is NOT the direct word of God it is mans limited perception of God, Thus it can be debated.

However its the opposite with Islam where it is the absolute word of God and can never be debated for it comes from the mouth of Archangel Gabriel. The stories are all fact and not metaphorical.
>>
>>612820888

Universalist checking in.
>>
File: Snoop.jpg (59 KB, 459x456) Image search: [Google]
Snoop.jpg
59 KB, 459x456
>>612829105
Nice comeback man. You really got me there.
>>
>>612828764
1. Build scratch post places of worship for lucky and become tax exempt
2. ???
3. Profit (in millions)
>>
2 objects can not move without independently without both being moving, therefore it's possible earth and the sun have no real shape - they aren't even moving. The sun is perceived but it isn't an object
>>
>>612829214
You give christians a good name m8
>>
>>612822350
more like, we're always attacking religion because we're watching it fuck up planet Earth beyond recognition on the daily
>>
>>612823679
Really?
For the last 2000 years the greatest minds of each era have tried and failed.
>>
>>612829142

Practitioner of Gnosticism reporting in.

All hail Pistis Sophia.

Adam and Eve set mankind free. Yahweh is not the true God. Yahweh is a selfish child who saw his reflection on the waters of chaos and shouted "I" at the heart of the world.

Yahweh is the Demiurge and has trapped your true essence, your true light from the Godhead, in clay of this earth. This Earth is not real. This Earth is but clay.

Satan gave mankind the gift of knowledge. The gift of self, the gift of seeing the difference between self and other. Satan, the brother of Jesus, opened your eyes.

Jesus wants to give you fruit also. He is the fruit of the tree of eternal life. But Yahweh has pulled a veil over mankind's eyes. Jesus is still on the cross and the past 2000 years has been an illusion.
>>
>>612824067

in most cases people are both. though they are two very different things.
>>
File: 1421195394689.png (194 KB, 1251x585) Image search: [Google]
1421195394689.png
194 KB, 1251x585
>>612824636
Shhh you'll melt the brains of the edgy sheltered atheists who believe all the "Dark Age" bullshit that's been spread.
>>
>>612829214

>As a Christian

Which type of Christian?
>>
File: 1348128776526.gif (554 KB, 295x221) Image search: [Google]
1348128776526.gif
554 KB, 295x221
Atheists: stop acting like a coalition of cunts with mommy and daddy issues

Christians: stop replying to this cancer
>>
File: scientific method.jpg (60 KB, 605x600) Image search: [Google]
scientific method.jpg
60 KB, 605x600
>>612826693
Oh and who came up with that method?

Oh yeah...
>>
>>612829985

Cool. Now tell us the story of the Library of Alexandria?
>>
>>612827112
>We know God exists because he pursues us
Citation required
>>
>>612830283

A Muslim.
>>
>>612829807
Fun facts:

>1. Christianity, Islam and Judaism basically all believe the same things and all endorse racism,sexism, homophobia, slavery and genocide.

>2. Unless the Babylonian gods are divine, the basic morality taught by these religions was already being taught without god. Most people don't want themselves or those they care about killed, hurt or robbed.

>3. There is little corroborating historical evidence jesus existed and none that he was magical. This is not to say jesus didn't exist, most historians acknowledge that Jesus was a real prophet. However, while most people don't have a historical record, someone who walked on water and made the blind see would have.

>4. While Jesus had a good message, it was not original or particularly insightful. Love thy neighbor is common sense and was a common theme for prophets at the time.

>5. Jesus did not renounce any part of the OT. Instead he endorsed it. Matthew 5:17-19

>6. According to the bible Jesus's reason for becoming man was the fulfillment of the OT prophecy and the forgiveness of sins. Without the OT there is no need for Jesus to be made man. Also, without the OT virtually nothing is a sin since what are sins are found in the OT.

>7. The bible codifies archaic morality of 2500 years ago. The fact that most Christians don't agree with the bible's teachings regarding slavery and women being property, speaks about mankind's ability to evolve morality and against religion's effectiveness at teaching it.

>8. Christianity, Judaism and Islam all make scientific claims which have been disproven. All of these religions have a history of persecuting those who disprove these claims.
>>
GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO
>>
>>612830283
Socrates
>>
>>612829954
they are exactly the same thing, represented by different levels of surety.

>inb4 dictionary definitions
>>
>>612825490

democrats and scientists are two different things, yet you coukd be both so they arent mutually exclusive. you could be either atheist, agnostic, or both. most people are both when it comes to secularism.
>>
>>612830555
>>1. Christianity, Islam and Judaism basically all believe the same things and all endorse racism,sexism, homophobia, slavery and genocide.

Nope. That's like saying science endorses Lamarckian inheritance.
>>
File: image.jpg (600 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
600 KB, 1536x2048
>>612829816
There is lots of historic evidence of Jesus

The Bible is not the only historic document that confirms the divinity of Jesus. Many scholars from the time spoke of the miracles he preformed during his travels. Often times non-believers will claim that these passages are faked. They only do this because the existence of Jesus threatens every lie they tell.

The shroud of Turin, however, is something they can’t just shrug off. It is real physical evidence that is still around today, and has been thoroughly investigated by Christian scientists who have proven it is the actual burial shroud of the Christ. Many websites confirm this fact. It is a fact and has been proven.
>>
File: ayylmao.png (686 KB, 944x655) Image search: [Google]
ayylmao.png
686 KB, 944x655
>>612830649
>>
>>612830288
What about it?
You can blame the pagan Roman Empire for that.

Their(librarians and scroll keepers) fault for not making many backups and storing them across the known world.

Wouldn't be surprised if the surviving books and scrolls aren't kept in the Vatican archive.
>>
>>612830283
It begun already with Thales of Miletos.
>>
>>612821597
You can't prove a negative.
GTFO Agnofag
>>
>>612830682

generally, thats how uneducated people use them day to day. but they are actually not varying degrees of nonreligion. agnosticism means you dont know, atheism means you dont believe. most rational people are both.
>>
>>612820888
That's a dictionary, retard.
>>
>>612830968
Your use of "proven" and "fact" is laughable.
>>
Fuck religion. Nothing good has ever come of it or ever will.
>>
>>612830746
No. Agnosticism is believing that the evidence for a God is inconclusive, so they choose to be on the fence of believing in God and not believing in God. Atheism means you strongly believe there is no God. You cannot say that you are an Agnostic-Atheist, because it is a logical fallacy. You cant be on the fence but on the non-believing side too. Just pick one, you raging faggot.
>>
>>612830968
>There is lots of historic evidence of Jesus

Not of him after the cross. The time is now. Denounce Yahweh, and embrace Satan and Jesus.

ALL HAIL PISTIS SOPHIA.
>>
>>612831195
/thread
>>
DAILY REMINDER
Joseph was cucked by God, so y'all venerating a cuckbaby and his mother
>>
>>612830968

>the shroud of turin

lol.
>>
>>612830060
Protestant.
Lutheran/Presbyterian.
Apostle's creed spells out my beliefs.
NOT a fundie. Fundamentalism as it's practiced in America is practically heresy. Especially if it's tied to a political party.
>>
>>612829214
That is what belief should be about. Its not something to debate. Its what you believe. People are simply too concerned about what others think to allow real freedom of being. If there were more people like us, the world as a whole would be much further advanced.
On another note, I've never heard that quote, but I'm tempted to start using it. Thanks anon.
>>
>>612830861
You should read the bible
What the Bible says about Women's Rights

Genesis 3:16
Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
Isaiah 3:12
As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them.
1 Corinthians 11:3
But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
1 Corinthians 14:34-36
Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
Ephesians 5:22-24
Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
Colossians 3:18
Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.
1 Timothy 2:11-15
Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing.
Titus 2:4-5
Teach the young women to be ... obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
1 Peter 3:1
Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands.
>>
>>612831272
Theism-Atheism is about faith - Agnosticism is about knowledge. Atheism is to believe there is no God; Agnosticism is to not rule out the possibility of there being a God. They aren't mutually exclusive.
>>
>>612831022

Uh huh.

"Paganism was made illegal by an edict of the Emperor Theodosius I in AD 391. The temples of Alexandria were closed by Patriarch Theophilus of Alexandria in AD 391.[31] The historian Socrates of Constantinople describes that all pagan temples in Alexandria were destroyed, including the Serapeum.[33] Since the Serapeum housed a part of the Great Library, some scholars believe that the remains of the Library of Alexandria were destroyed at this time."
>>
>>612830861
What the Bible says about Genocide

And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to remain. Deuteronomy 2:34

And we utterly destroyed them, ... utterly destroying the men, women, and children, of every city. Deuteronomy 3:6

And when the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them. Deuteronomy 7:2

And thou shalt consume all the people which the LORD thy God shall deliver thee; thine eye shall have no pity upon them. Deuteronomy 7:16

Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword. Deuteronomy 13:15

But of the cities of these people, which the LORD thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth. Deuteronomy 20:16-17

And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword. Joshua 6:21

So smote all the country ... he left none remaining, but utterly destroyed all that breathed, as the LORD God of Israel commanded. Joshua 10:40

Thus saith the LORD of hosts ... go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass. 1 Samuel 15:2-3
>>
>>612831402

Lutheran or Presbyterian?

Or are you a cafeteria Christian?

If you want to be a syncretist, call yourself that.
>>
>>612820888
because men who no nothing, no everything.
>>
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 640x1136
>>612831297
>>612831229
>>612831375
Dr. Thomas Arnold, 19th-century history professor at Oxford, said, “I know of no one fact in the history of mankind which is proved by better and fuller evidence of every sort, to the understanding of a fair inquirer…” Scholar Gary Habermas has pointed out that five historical facts about Christ are all agreed to by nearly all ancient Historians [three of which are] that He was crucified, buried and was seen again afterward. One of the world’s foremost experts in lines of evidence was Simon Greenleaf, an American attorney and jurist (1783-1853). In his book the “Testimony of the Evangelists” he views the multiple eye-witness accounts of Jesus and His death and resurrection as being valid lines of evidence. They meet or exceed evidential requirements, so much so that Greenleaf saw the “martyrdoms, exponential church growth and the persistent-through-persecution faith of the believers” (often up to the point of death), as solid of evidence that there can possibly be. A leading British philosopher, Anthony Flew, who after fifty years of atheism, came to the conclusion that God must exist, saying “The evidence for the resurrection alone is better than for claimed miracles of all other religions. There leaders are buried and still in their graves. Jesus tomb was found empty!”
>>
File: 1411631796218.jpg (4 KB, 158x152) Image search: [Google]
1411631796218.jpg
4 KB, 158x152
>>612830968
>They only do this because the existence of Jesus threatens every lie they tell.

I don't know, man. Take a step back and look at everything as objectively as possible. I view all religion as equally discredited and ridiculous, and that's why I don't believe any of it. You can't judge skeptics of religion based off of your very specific world view. Take for instance your feelings on every other religion other than Christianity. Sure, there is documentation on these religions here and there, but nothing is concrete. If there was concrete evidence, all these edgy atheists would (probably) come to Christ. That feeling that you have for every religion other than Christianity is exactly what we atheists experience -1 god.
>>
>>612831402

>we believe in one holy catholic and apostolic church
>>
>>612830861
The following passage shows that slaves are clearly property to be bought and sold like livestock.

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

The following passage describes how the Hebrew slaves are to be treated.

If you buy a Hebrew slave, he is to serve for only six years. Set him free in the seventh year, and he will owe you nothing for his freedom. If he was single when he became your slave and then married afterward, only he will go free in the seventh year. But if he was married before he became a slave, then his wife will be freed with him. If his master gave him a wife while he was a slave, and they had sons or daughters, then the man will be free in the seventh year, but his wife and children will still belong to his master. But the slave may plainly declare, 'I love my master, my wife, and my children. I would rather not go free.' If he does this, his master must present him before God. Then his master must take him to the door and publicly pierce his ear with an awl. After that, the slave will belong to his master forever. (Exodus 21:2-6 NLT)
>>
>>612831497
Agnosticism is believing that there is no answer, BECAUSE of knowledge. It is not: the knowledge that there is no proof. That is the reasoning, not the belief
>>
>>612831195
lol that's a bible, dummy.
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 434x502) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 434x502
>>612830464
topkek
>>
>>612831497
>Theism-Atheism is about faith - Agnosticism is about knowledge.

lol it says RIGHT HERE that agnosticism is a belief, fuckhead.

ag·nos·tic
aɡˈnästik/
noun
a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena
>>
>>612831272

i cant tell if youre trolling? the root gnosticism refers to knowledge, theism refers to belief.

a-gnostics say: i dont know if there is a god
a-theists say: i dont believe there is a god

the word atheist is very stigmatized so people started using agnostic as a way to avoid backlash. most people are both. most people are both. easy first paragraph of wikipedia. research. find actual answers. you dont know everything. sometimes to have to look things up. reading is good for you. stay dumb tho enjoi.
>>
>>612831492

the bible != christianity
>>
>>612831608

>>
File: Dictionary.jpg (9 KB, 275x184) Image search: [Google]
Dictionary.jpg
9 KB, 275x184
>>612831901
>>
>>612831749

Are you just posting irrelevant things to get people to respond and bump the thread?
>>
>>612828280
Gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>612831800

>>
>>612831272
Atheists live their life as if there is no god.
>>
>>612820888
Christians and Jews don't necessarily claim it has all the answers or that it's the final word. Educated Christians and Jews take the supernatural parts metaphorically.
>>
Jesus was created after 70AD to pacify rebellious messianic Jews. The Gospels are a typological satire of events as recorded by Josephus in his "Wars of the Jews." Over 25 parallel events between the Gospels and Wars, with characters that share the same names, happening in the same geographical locations, that all occur IN SEQUENCE in both narratives. The events in the gospels always being a joke of what Josephus records in "wars." The combination of these typological events prove the gospels and Wars had combined authorship. The fact the gospels are a satire of events from "Wars" proves the events of the gospels were created after those described in "Wars," they also prove Jesus was a fictional creation.

Example:
Jesus, at the beginning of his ministry, at the sea of Galilee, tells men to follow him, and they'll be made "fishers of men"

Titus, during his first military command, at the sea of Galilee, after defeating rebels led by a Jesus, orders his men to follow him, and spear defeated Jews floating in the lake, thus turning his men into literal "fishers of men."

Another example:
Jesus, the son of Mary, at passover, in Jerusalem, orders his followers to eat of his flesh and drink of his blood. A sacrificial lamb for gentiles.

Mary, at passover, in a besieged Jerusalem, slays her son in the manner of a sacrificial lamb, roasts him and consumes him as her passover sacrifice. A "byword to the world" as she puts it, part of a speech she gives much more appropriate for Jesus than the plight of her son.

Following that, Acts and Paul's epistles combined with Tacitus' "annals" provides ANOTHER 25 parallels between the holy spirit and Domitian Flavius.

In addition, the early history of Christianity is intimately linked to the Flavians in a number of ways. The first recorded pope was a Flavian, as are most of the first non-biblical saints. The oldest Christian cemetery in the world bears the name of a Flavian. Constantine also had the Flavius family name.
>>
File: Bible3RibbonsIndexNew.jpg (6 KB, 335x240) Image search: [Google]
Bible3RibbonsIndexNew.jpg
6 KB, 335x240
>>612832242

>not the same pic

lol what you think because of the tabs? nigger bibles have those too.
>>
>>612832415
the main author of the gospels was a genius
>>
>>612832093
ok i dum u win argmnt bcuz i nvr red tings b4 its nt lke ur rong u cnt b rong ur god
>>
>>612823835
Replace "Gods" with "whites" and the B-more protesters have a perfect slogan.
>>
>>612832051

this use of the word believe isnt the same as belief in reference to god. replace it with the word "thinks" and it might be less confusing for you.

believing in god is different than believing you can know if god exists.
>>
>>612832106
>the bible != christianity

then why do they read out it at literally *every* church service?
>>
File: hells_bitch_my_wife.jpg (297 KB, 1000x1504) Image search: [Google]
hells_bitch_my_wife.jpg
297 KB, 1000x1504
>>612821531
if that is what is waiting in hell fuck heaven.
>>
>>612824665
>hundreds of years before any existing record of a nation or culture believing the Earth not to be round.
No educated person in Europe or the Middle East has ever thought the world was flat, this is a myth about the Middle Ages.
>>
File: God smiles upon the righteous.jpg (78 KB, 542x536) Image search: [Google]
God smiles upon the righteous.jpg
78 KB, 542x536
>>612830555
1. Have you EVER read the three holy books? Dear lord.
Racism? Its a part of life then and now deal with it.
Sexism? Women are not equal to men deal with it.
Homophobia? It's not natural as it goes against the biological imperative to breed. The Nazi's found a cure and it was destroyed post WW2 for being "unethical".
Slavery? Unfortunately a part of life back then and even today in poor parts of the world. The Arabs are however the worst when it comes to it with 180 million Africans(140mn killed)and 13 million Europeans(7mn killed) enslaved over a 300 year period.
Genocide? Still goes on today. The European race is suffering it today.

2. Most people didn't follow such tenets. It was a bad time for that region and it only got worse after the arrival of Islam which slaughtered its way through the region.

3.He did exist as Roman records show that he did. No scholar would deny that. As for historical records? Very simple to explain.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish%E2%80%93Roman_wars which happened in the decades after Jesus died.
His prophecy of the temple being destroyed became reality.

All the people that saw him were slaughtered and documents burned. What is debated is historical importance of Jesus.

4.Yet no one followed the preaching as much as they did Jesus with people all over Palestine and surrounding nations flocking to him.

5.How does that disprove God in anyway?

6. Same as above.

7. You'd be surprised by how many support such things. Slavery is a touchy subject though even among hardline catholics. American Christians are not true Christians if that's who you are speaking of.

8.What claims are you referring to and how does that disprove God?
>>
>>612829029
And the christians go silent because their book is just that, another book on the shelf of religious tomes
>>
>>612832523
>use of the word believe isnt the same as belief in reference to god

lol.

K.

> replace it with the word "thinks"
>rewrite the definition and you'll see i'm right

what a fag. welp, i've clearly mopped the floor with your dumb ass.

thanks for the ego boost. :)
>>
>>612832611

Because that's a part of the religion, duh.

I'm agnostic, and you sound stupider than them.
>>
>>612831595
The vast majority of the damage was done centuries before, it never recovered. The Temple in 391AD was not the temple of yesteryear the same way the middle east wasn't arab during that era.
>>
>>612829985
I actually had a "worshipper of science" go nuts when I pointed out the Dark Ages were caused by volcanic erruptions in SE Asia, leading to global crop failures.

They actually thought, in 600 AD, Christians were running around "burning scientists at the stake" and causing a dark age.

Historians today are unable to find a civilization collapse which is _not_ associated with a climate shift & crop failures
>>
>>612820888
trips means anybody trying to prove you wrong, will be wrong.
>>
>>612833037
>The vast majority of the damage was done centuries before

So? Christians destroyed a fucking library because it was "pagan". The greatest source of knowledge in the history of the world, ever.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2848x2848) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2848x2848
While I don't believe in organized religion, I do believe in God, and I do have faith in the narrative of Jesus, but I can openly accept the irrationality of it and how it is a matter of faith, not facts or rationality, that cause me to believe it. I'd like to point out that I'm not trying to change anyone's belief or non-belief, but merely trying to explain why I think it takes just as much faith to be an atheist as it does to be a religious believer. I don't point to the Bible to prove this, but rather to the universe.

The Bible ― though often used by believers as a a proof text on facts about God ― doesn't prove God exists, scientifically or otherwise. I don't think I could, nor can anyone, use it as a tool to convince people on the facts about God's existence. While one can believe what they read in the Bible is divinely inspired, to do so ― that is, to accept that the Bible is divinely inspired ― is a complete act of faith. So, while I don't think the Bible can be used in any concrete way to actually prove God exists or explain how the world was literally created, I do think that the universe we abide in is hard, physical evidence, something real and tangible, that we cannot ignore. To believe the universe is a matter of random chance ― meaning that there is no intelligent design behind it ― seems to me to be a far greater leap of faith.
>>
>>612832953
you are literally retarded.
>>
>>612832848

i only say that because youre clearly confused by the word believes i this definition.

it says doesnt believe you can know there is a god
not, doesnt believe there is a god

therein lies the difference between atheism and agnosticism.

read a definition from a different dictionary, they changed it too.
>>
>>612832509
hehe .. nice
>>
>>612830555
>>5. Jesus did not renounce any part of the OT. Instead he endorsed it. Matthew 5:17-19

incorrect; Jesus repudiated the Moses laws; you don't need to stone ur wife if she wants a divorce
>>
>>612820888
The Bible isn't about proving anything, it's about sending a message
>>
>>612833279

Nice rebuttal. Doesn't sound like the post of a sore fucking loser than can't articulate a simple argument at all.
>>
>>612829029
I'm going to break the very foundations of the cosmic truth that has existed since before the birth of the universe.

Every God and Goddess are different manifestations of the SAME God.

There is only one god and our ability to evolve and understand perceived God in different ways.
>>
>>612833333

also 3s means im right
>>
>>612829029

>what is a supreme being?
>>
>>612833630

A being with sour cream and tomatoes.
>>
>>612831712
I say that because the theology of both is nearly identical. If you didn't know which one you were in, you wouldn't be able to tell by the service. The major difference is the view on dispensation of Grace, and I lean Lutheran on that.

So, no, I'm not a cafeteria Christian or syncretist.
>>
File: Feminism incarnate.webm (3 MB, 718x404) Image search: [Google]
Feminism incarnate.webm
3 MB, 718x404
>>612831492
Women are home makers. Look at Bear Grylls Island or Survivor from 2002 even with special treatment they can't do anything right.
>>
>>612833597
What a waste of quints.
>>
>>612821597
Epistemology leads us to conclude that there is a baseline uncertainty in all of existence; you cannot prove that you're not, in fact, a brain in a jar hallucinating all of reality.

If you cannot elevate the god assertion from this baseline uncertainty, it has achieved the highest certainty a negative proof can. As such, either you cannot prove ANYTHING false and your worldview is completely untenable, or you accept that gods are proven false until distinguished from all the other unsubstantiated nonsense.

Agnosticism is dumber, and much less philosophically nuanced, than either alternative. At least they're not being a fucking pussy.
>>
>>612832804
>His prophecy

It's not hard to make Jesus look like an amazing prophet when they write the only historical record of him (the bible) 300 years after he died.
>>
>>612833687
>I say that because the theology of both is nearly identical.

But it's not identical. I know the difference. You know the difference. So which one is it? You can LEAN toward a profession of faith. You either profess an existing faith or start your own.
>>
>>612833683
That was good
>>
>>612833895

you *can't LEAN
>>
File: dangolebitchman.jpg (17 KB, 243x251) Image search: [Google]
dangolebitchman.jpg
17 KB, 243x251
>>612832762
hey man this a dang ole dumb ole post man i tell you what man dumbest post in the thread man
>>
>>612833895
The differences are spelled out here in the summary:
http://www.differencebetween.net/miscellaneous/religion-miscellaneous/difference-between-lutheran-and-presbyterian/

While those are legitimate differences, I don't personally feel/believe the Gospels have a definitive answer on any of those, so it comes down to personal opinion or choice. So, I personally lean toward the Lutheran opinions, but accept that the Presbyterians could be correct as well.

In the end, it doesn't matter.
>>
>>612833894
The works of the new testament were written after his death the first full collection was many years after when Rome became christian and made a demand for his teachings to be printed.
>>
>>612834722

I just said i know what the differences are...

>I don't personally feel/believe

Then you aren't speaking for a form of Christianity.
>>
>>612833894

Or any number of years really.

The Jews were EXPECTING a prophet at that time, anyway.
>>
>>612834912

So?

They were still written after he supposedly died. Like what, 70AD is the earliest? It wasn't even written by an eyewitness.
>>
>>612832093
>the root gnosticism refers

Gnosticism is a form of Christianity.

>what is an etymological fallacy?
>>
I believe that god exists, I'm not sure if he's worth worship.

An omiscent enitiy knows all things, and if we assume that god exists then he created all of us knowing exactly what we'd do and how we'd act. Free choice is an illusion so what it comes down to is basically God is a five yearold playing with a doll house forcing us to worship him. Everything kinda becomes futile then.

I'm okay being a pawn if the game makes sense, it all just seems completely backwards.

So I'm going to hell to raise a demon army and row row fight the power.

>>612835190
Which makes it all the more freaky that you've got 12 isolated records that are so similar.

I am maxium devils advicate
>>
>>612831247
How's 8th grade going?
>>
>>612835639
>Which makes it all the more freaky that you've got 12 isolated records that are so similar.

?

What are you referring to?
>>
>>612831608
All that is from the Old Testament, which isn't the most important part for Christians and is included mainly as a reference. Only ignorant Protestants in the US take it literally.
>>
>>612835639
>An omiscent enitiy knows all things

Christians don't claim God was "omniscent" [sic].
>>
>>612834917
>Then you aren't speaking for a form of Christianity.

You're showing you don't really understand what Christianity is (and isn't). My salvation is not on the line regarding any of those things, and neither denomination would say so.

Are YOU speaking for some form of Christianity?
>>
File: my-brain-is-full-of-fuck.jpg (13 KB, 268x268) Image search: [Google]
my-brain-is-full-of-fuck.jpg
13 KB, 268x268
>this topic over several years
>>
>>612835712

It's a social crutch, a guidance for morality that's not relevant anymore, nothing more, nothing less.
>>
>>612836130
>You're showing you don't really understand what Christianity is

Whatever you say, cafeteria Christian.

>Are YOU speaking for some form of Christianity?

No I'm not an idiot. I believe that nothing is known or can be known about a supreme being, or anything beyond material phenomena.
>>
>>612836326

>What billions of people accept as true isn't relevant

Well that's literally autism you're exhibiting there.
>>
>>612836569
>trying this hard

But people have their own interpretation of the bible. No one is a fundamentalist anymore, for example >>612836130
>>612834917
are actually arguing over which one is more Christian.

The only thing you all have in common is that you seem to enjoy rambling about fantastical pointless bullshit, none of which actually pertain to what was considered morality when the bible was written.

Shills with crosses.
>>
>>612824998
You are fucking retarded
>>
>inb4 tips fedora

Memes are Satan's favorite thing
>>
>>612836412
Thought so.

I know you'll ignore this, but don't try to school Christians in their belief systems. You don't really know what you're talking about since you don't understand how Christians approach their beliefs. You think you do, but you've just proven otherwise. Had you been in a group of Christians from every denomination, all of them, save for American fundies, would've said you're out of your depth and don't grasp even the most basic ideas of the faith. You're tying to be legalistic over something that's more of a philosophical standpoint than anything related to Grace or Salvation.
>>
>>612836952
>are actually arguing over which one is more Christian.

No.
>>
Morality of atheism has a large role in American Culture. Many people can often be seen taking part in activities associated with morality of atheism. This is partly because people of most ages can be involved and families are brought together by this. Generally a person who displays their dislike for morality of atheism may be considered an outcast.
>>
>>612837190
>but don't try to school Christians in their belief systems

Oh I will. I was raised Catholic, the OG Christianity. Full scale parochial education, Jesuit high school.

That's why I'm agnostic. The more you know, the less you know.
>>
>>612837430
But, did you ever believe? (And I mean, really believe it when you old enough to think about it critically.)
>>
File: 1397374699361.jpg (24 KB, 465x382) Image search: [Google]
1397374699361.jpg
24 KB, 465x382
>>612827112
>>
>>612837784

Do you mean believe as in "accept as true"?
>>
>>612836029
Cafeteria christian
>>
>>612826067
I am a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena and thats why i am a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods.
>>
>>612833366
Citation required
>>
>>612838041
So, no?
>>
>>612832804
4. Socrates and Buddha talked about this as much as jesus

8. Firmament

As to the rest you are agreeing with me you just think that's ok
>>
>>612838103
Whatever you say, anon :)
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 261x156) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 261x156
>>612832297
>>
>>612838103

>I am a chick, I swear.
>That's why I have this big dick,.
>>
>>612827891
Highly underrated post.
>>
>2015
>atheists

kek
>>
>>612838154

hmm. for some strange reason, a cite is easier than the "big bang doesn't exist" cites from the science "side" C-;

http://biblehub.com/matthew/19-8.htm

"He saith unto them, Moses for your hardness of heart suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it hath not been so."

The "from the beginning" sophistry is Jesus getting around a Moses law
>>
>>612838027
Yes, let's go with that.

But also, what else do you think it could mean?
>>
>>612838675

Hold as an opinion, as in not based on any knowledge or fact.

OK so believe what?
>>
>>612838663
There are so many contradictions in the bible how can anyone accept them as doctrine.
>>
>>612839153

What contradictions?
>>
>>612839204
The one you just mentioned for starters
>>
>>612838630
>2015
>smug about being an intellectual burden.
>>
>>612824067
>not knowing basic terms
how's being 12?
>>
>>612839295
I never mentioned one...
>>
>>612833333
i found you by typing in >>612833333
because any other dank anon is ded
>>
I find the bible to be more of a collection of stories that illuminate basic moral tenets of how to live your life.

The way i envision it is that the Bible was written for a bunch of desert people and so it had to be kept very simple. God couldnt go around telling them about how cellular evolution and the mutation of DNA is what resulted in the variation of species; that would make no sense to people of that age. Therefore he had to simplify it; he created Adam and Eve. I like to think adam and eve may have just been references to either cellular life or literally matter/energy
>>
>>612820888
Trips don't lie
>>
>>612839610
If it was a basic term, please cite it.
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 400x225
>>612839809
>>
>>612821531
most of /b/ is fedora-toting euphoric atheists
>>
>>612840037
Just because your twelve year old brain does not know what something agnostic atheist means doesn't imply it's a grown up word, there's no need to cite is as anyone with a brain can look this shit up. Then again, if you're religious you wouldn't know how that works.
>>
File: lewis-cock.jpg (67 KB, 558x750) Image search: [Google]
lewis-cock.jpg
67 KB, 558x750
>>612840336
Cool I didn't think it was a term.

>mfw atheists are trying to hide behind agnostics
>>
File: 1303015777382[1].jpg (34 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
1303015777382[1].jpg
34 KB, 720x405
Y'all niggers posting in a troll thread.
>>
#AthiestMasterRace
>>
>>612839153

What contradictions?
>>
>>612838982
Believe that the Gospels and Acts describe real events and a real person (Jesus Christ specifically), and the implications of it. The Apostle's Creed. That you would be forgiven of your sins for belief in the Christ and thus enter heaven.
>>
>>612820888
>>612821466
>>612822044
>>612822633
>>612823455
>>612824300
>>612825788
>>612826433
>>612827022
>>612827422
>>612827933
>>612829233
>>612829399
>>612829644
>>612830288
>>612830555
>>612831022
>>612831466
>>612831800
>>612831811
>>612832611
>>612833333
>>612833366
>>612833411
>>612834722
>>612835077
>>612835522
>>612836311
>>612838577

what is the difference between trust in dubs quads and quints and trust in bible ?

>>dubs quints and trips ,quads are so actual. written by one human with internet
>>bible is outdated,written by 200 or more over 100 years or more, cannot receive updates. no internet access when released

also check'em
>>
>>612820888
That's a dictionary OP. You meme is invalid.
>>
>>612841134
>Believe that the Gospels and Acts describe real events and a real person (Jesus Christ specifically), and the implications of it.

Yes I accepted this as true.

>The Apostle's Creed.

Yes, again,
>one holy catholic and apostolic church

>That you would be forgiven of your sins for belief in the Christ and thus enter heaven.

Yes.

And then I read more and realized I didn't accept any of that as true.

I read about how the bible was written, and how books were chosen, and the role of the Church.

I re-read Job.

Decided none of it was for me. I looked at other denominations. None of them could escape the same problems I had with Catholicism.
>>
>>612841363

How can you tell?
>>
>>612841726
Read a king james bible instead then, closest to the real one and older than the catholic church
>>
>>612841941
plus no adds or take aways on anything
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.