[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a empty 14 gallon fish tank. What should I do with it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6
File: tank.jpg (27 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tank.jpg
27 KB, 500x500
I have a empty 14 gallon fish tank. What should I do with it?
>>
Make 14 gallons of Jello.

Or fill it with Jizz.
>>
>>612769052
Fill it with your seamen and try to raise them
>>
Semen /thread.
>>
>>612769052
Get a pet salamander
>>
File: Planted-tanks-no-hardscape[1].jpg (204 KB, 795x425) Image search: [Google]
Planted-tanks-no-hardscape[1].jpg
204 KB, 795x425
start a planted tank
>>
Shit in it.
>>
Red ear turtle. Name him after your favorite ninja turtle. Give him a rock and some water and watch him hunt the shit out of some gold fish whenever you need a pick me up.
>>
That sounds nice.
>>
aquarium computer
fill with computer and mineral oil
then any aquarium stuff you want
except live stuff, that will all die
>>
>>612769568
>except live stuff, that will all die
so, no aquarium stuff at all? i bet you're one of those faggots who uses the multicolored gravel.
>>
Raise tadpoles or leeches.
>>
>>612769756
I've always wanted a pet leech
(the kind that sucks blood). do you hafe any experience where I could get one?
>>
>>612769240
This. Fish aquarium is nicer only when you have a big tank.
>>
>>612769052
blast it with piss
>>
>>612769052
Grow plants. Some grass, like in your yard kind of grass. Some trees to bonsai.
>>
File: greenanole2.jpg (142 KB, 500x417) Image search: [Google]
greenanole2.jpg
142 KB, 500x417
anoles
>>
>>612769720
Homedepot pea gravel poor fag reporting in
>>
GROW MUSHROOMS IN TANK=
>>
>get real sand
>set up proper water for a salt water habitat
>let run for a few days, for purity and shit
>introduce some coral, or even an anemone if you're feeling adventurous
>buy a clown fish, name him after your favorite president
>LED lights in the lid
>look at it when you're feeling down or bored
>>
Put it outside and start using it as your toilet, don't clean it until its ready to overflow.
>>
>>612769931
No experience keeping them, only ever thought about it. To find them just look under rocks and other shit in rivers, ponds, and lakes.
>>
>>612769052

Fill with cereal, eat all of it
>>
>>612770478
>name him after your favorite president
See, everything makes sense except this. It's always this kind of shit that makes me question you people.
>>
>>612769052
Put tortoise in there.
It is maybe the perfect pet.

It is kind, doesn't bite like turtles
Isn't too fast so easy to play with
It eat lettuce and other vegetables
It likes to wander around a lot and appreciates you when you let it out
Girls like them
No hair means no allergies
It is very easy to take care of
It will probably out live you so you never have to mourn its death
>>
>>612769568
beat me to it
>>
put a 12 gallon tank inside
>>
Saltwater shrimp and other crustaceans.
Freshwatet shrimp and other crustaceans if you're a poor fag.
>>
Grow mushrooms and be everyones favorite drug dealer
>>
>>612770478
>No live rock
>No letting it cycle
>Putting coral straight into freshly prepare water after a few days
>Advanced enough to use coral, but not enough to get anything other than fucking clownfish
>LED lights for coral

Jesus are you retarted
>>
>>612770478
>LED lights
As opposed to what? LED stands for Light Emitting Diode. Saying 'LED Light' is just a tautology, and a waste of letters, asshole. Of course LEDs are lights. That's their ONLY FUCKING FUNCTION.
>>
>>612769204
He will make a grand navy
>>
>>612771132
It can also be a poisonous metal
>>
>>612769052
Make a habitat for a snapping turtle.
Get a snapping turtle.
Raise snapping turtle.
Let snapping turtle zuck ya dik.
>>
>>612769052
Fill it up with weed
>>
>>612770436
pea gravel for planted tanks is an awesome aquascaping tool. stone hunting for your own rocks is also fun
>>
>>612771087
LED lights wouldn't have an effect on coral one way or the other, only UV radiation.
There's a reason coral either grows close to the surface of water, or too deep to receive light.
The clown fish was for simplicity. What the fuck else is he going to put into the tank, with only 14 gallons? Any single tropical fish will do, this guy is obv a noob so I tried to make it simple.
And cycles don't matter as much on micro tanks faggot.
>source
I literally do this for a living.
>>
>>612769052
>get a snek
>feed mous
>????
>profit
>>
>>612771272
No, that would be lead, you fucking retard.
>>
>>612771132
Oh gee, I don't know, the fucking function of the light? LED's aren't unique as a light emitting device, only in the way in which they emit light.
>>
>>612770478
you need some live rock+ proper lighting. also if anyone took this guys post seriously i do NOT suggest doing a salt water aquarium if it's your first time. start with something simpler like growing anacharis or just some pennywort (both easy plants) and try your hand at aquascaping.
>>
File: 1889025.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1889025.gif
3 MB, 320x240
fill it with your semen
>>
>>612769052
Fill it up with rocks, water, and a few props and get a few fish.
>>
Cum in it until its full and then stick your head in and drown yourself
>>
>>612771568
Yes, but they are pronounced the same.
So if someone told you to put some "LED/lead" in there, you might be mistaken and kill the fish.
But if you specify, put "LED lights" or "lead the metal" in there you will always be fine. Even in text.
>>
Fill it with shit.
>>
>>612771779
It is not a light emitting device, it is a light emitting diode.
>>
>>612771826
Why wouldn't they take his post seriously?
Just because it was greentexted briefly doesn't mean it's irrelevant.
If you followed those steps, all it would take is opening a book or googling to fill in the gaps.
>implying anyone should ever listen to someone word for word on /b/
>implying you should ever listen to someone on /b/
>The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
>>
>>612769931
any pond, fag
>>
>>612772297
OP here, I'm going to try a planted tank soon. I at least got that idea from here.
>>
>>612771132
Ive used LEDs for nano reefs all the time. Makes more sense than expensive and super hot VHOs
>>
File: 1416065538729.jpg (56 KB, 225x220) Image search: [Google]
1416065538729.jpg
56 KB, 225x220
>>612772297
Fucking SHREKT
>>
>>612771986
What kind of fucking gibbering man-ape pronounces LED as "lead"? Do you pronounce NES as "ness" and SNES as "sness"? It's Ell Ee Dee. Goddamn. GET YOUR FUCKING TERMINOLOGY CORRECT!

>>612771779
>function of the light
Is to make a space brighter, to fill it with light, what the fuck is wrong with you, are you dense? ALL LIGHTS DO THIS.>>612771779
>LED's aren't unique as a light emitting device, only in the way in which they emit light.
WHEN YOU SPECIFY THE LIGHTSOURCE IS AN LED YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SAY LED LIGHT. YOU ARE FUCKING RETARDED IF YOU DO.
>>
File: 1429765044228.jpg (22 KB, 540x500) Image search: [Google]
1429765044228.jpg
22 KB, 540x500
>>612772866
>being this buttsore
>>
>>612772866
You must be a fun guy at parties
>>
>>612772297
i didn't imply any of that, all i said is I do not suggest doing a salt water aquarium as a FIRST TIME PROJECT. learn to read you dipshit.

>>612772699
good luck, planted tanks are a lot of fun. salt water is more trouble and money than it's worth, imo. unless you're rich and can afford to pay a team of guys to set up a nice salt water tank for you.
>>
>>612769052
fucking crabs you gigantic piece of shit
>>
>>612773029
>Getting so wrecked you can only come back with greentext and a tumblr picture.

>>612773130
I don't go to parties.
>>
>>612772866
> Do you pronounce NES as "ness" and SNES as "sness"?

I do.
>>
>>612772866
Most autistic toast I've seen in a while, but he's right. I've never hear anyone pronounce LED like "lead". Am EE.
>>
Cum in it and lick the bottom, then put a plastic bag over your head.
>>
Make a bong out of it! Somehow.
>>
>>612773363
THEN YOU'RE A FUCKING MORON AND HAVE NO SAY, THEY ARE STRINGS OF LETTERS AND NOT A PHRASE.
>>
>>612771449
>I literally do this for a living.

i somehow doubt it

why?

first of all, you never, ever ever recommend marine tank for a beginner
add infinity never for a nano tank

>And cycles don't matter as much on micro tanks faggot.

yes, if you can get mature life sand, water, rock corals from donor tank with perfect chemical balance
>>
>>612773709
Then I suppose you don't pronounce SCUBA as "Skuh bah" but you say Ess See You Bee Ey?

Laser? What the fuck are you talking about, it is Ell Ey Ess Ee Are!
>>
>>612774015
WRONG AGAIN, FUCKNUT, THOSE ARE PHRASES, NOT STRINGS OF LETTERS. THEY ACTUALLY MAKE A COOL SOUNDING WORD, NOT SOME BULLSHIT LIKE nnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss hurhurhurr
>>
>>612774015
Keep going, he seems legitimately pissed.
>>
Buy a filter, necessary chemicals and start your Nitrogen Cycle. Tropical fish store worker reporting in.
>>
>>612774241

>>
Also to the guy a few posts up from my first post: cycling is even more important for small tanks. Even more important for marine tanks. And even more important for small marine tanks. You're a disgrace to us fish store workers.
>>
>>612771449
Cycles matter even more for small tanks. Even more than that for marine tanks. And even more than that for small marine tanks. You're a fucking disgrace to all us fish store workers who are actually good at their job.
>>
>>612774855
Scroll up, faggot.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.