[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are Americans really that friendly and start conversations with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2
File: 1410363446205.jpg (7 KB, 255x220) Image search: [Google]
1410363446205.jpg
7 KB, 255x220
Are Americans really that friendly and start conversations with random people they don't know and stuff?

European here, if another man I don't know suddenly starts a conversation with me I think (in this order):

1. He's gay and he wants to fuck me
2. He's a thief and he wants to steal my wallet
3. He wants to sell me something

Europeans are very wary of strangers.
>>
>>610844589
Ditto
>>
>>610844589
Its pretty much the same in the US but the stranger may also have a gun on him.
>>
>>610844589
I personally don't start conversations with strangers that often, but if I'm waiting in line or something and someone starts idle conversation with me, I don't find it strange.
>>
>>610844589
>Are Americans really that friendly and start conversations with random people they don't know and stuff?
yeah, but it's mostly older people though.
>>
>>610845780

Even a guy? How about women, do they start conversations with guys?

So after talking to you he shakes your hand and tells you his name ?
>>
>>610845968
>So after talking to you he shakes your hand and tells you his name ?
no, we just go on our merry way. shaking hands and introducing yourself would make it weird, unless you plan on meeting again.
>>
>>610844589
What part of Europe do you live in faggot? Europe is not the same everywhere you fucking idiot, it's not one shitty country. I bet it's poland or other kind of eastern eu, you worthless filth
>>
>>610845968
Usually guys, and as someone else said, often older people. They don't necessarily do the whole hand shake and introduction thing unless we' re been talking for like 20 minutes or something.
>>
>>610846345

I lived in Romania and Italy. It applies to both.
>>
>>610846404
bleh.... fackin gypsies
>>
>>610844589
I am european and I dont have such a view towards strangers, I think most of people are friendly and helpful, so it's just your autistic perspective
>>
>>610846362

So you can make friends like that, does it happen often? I hear it's more common in the south?

>>610846480

Romanians are not gypsies. They're cool.
>>
>>610846559

Where are you from? Answer me straight if this shit is normal and if a dude suddenly starts a conversation with you it doesn't feel weird.
>>
>>610846560
no I'm saying you're wary of strangers because of gypsy pickpockets not that you are a gyp
>>
File: 327859324.jpg (66 KB, 550x412) Image search: [Google]
327859324.jpg
66 KB, 550x412
>>610844589
it's pretty much like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGz39W8DX68
>>
>>610846560
No, we're not buddies afterwards, we just had a conversation to pass the time.

Is this sort of thing really that strange outside the US?
>>
>>610846560
>So you can make friends like that, does it happen often? I hear it's more common in the south?
yeah it's mostly in the south because those dumbasses have nothing else on their mind than talking about dumb shit like the weather.
>>
>>610846657

You can easily distinguish gypsies from non-gypsies, didn't you know that?
>>
Honestly, it depends. You should ALWAYS be wary of people but if your in small towns in the US like something from Twin Peaks or a backwater little town you don't have to be AS wary.

Now if that shit happened in NYC I'd be running in the other direction calling a cop.
>>
>>610846755
>Is this sort of thing really that strange outside the US?

Here if it doesn't have a point, like starting a conversation to ask something then yes, it's weird.
>>
>>610846560
Sorry dude, but I was both in Italy amd Romania and I think that people in Italy are opened and friendly. In romania it's disaster, i'm talking about thieves and like when I was there in Romania, watching news in a hotel, it was about doctor having sex with nurse, well who puts such shit in tv
>>
Meh, people dont just walk up to you and start conversations, but at things like parties or events or even while in the elevator yeah. Typically its men, but women also talk, just small talk and stuff, most of the time ots about what you are doing/where you are going to. Ive made some friends this way.
>>610845968
we usually just depart, unless we've been talking for more than 15 mins, then its a handshake and a "nice to meet you"
>>
Is it true that you americans use shoes indoors?
Doesn't it get awfully dirty rather quick?
>>
>>610847013
those are only the uncivilized people.
>>
>>610846867
Well, the point is to pass the time while you're waiting for something and maybe to spread some good cheer to our fellow humans. Is that... wrong? Is that a bad thing?
>>
>>610846979
I live in indiana if its any importance
>>
>>610846948

Yeah Italians are friendly but again it's not common to talk to strangers. They talk to you and act like that because you're American.

When have you been to Romania? It changed a lot in the past 10 years and I've seen people are becoming more opened and friendlier. They're also among the most pro-America countries in Europe if not the most.
>>
>>610846776
yes but i can't see your pitiful face so im sorry i can't tell if u are a faggot gypsy asshole or not
>>
>>610844589
Depends where you are.
If Im in a major city, they're trying to fuck me and/or steal my shit. If I'm in my hometown or a small town like it (<5k population), I'll talk to a dog walking down the street, idc. It's just how I was brought up. Be nice to strangers, hold doors for them, stop and see if they need a jump if they're broken down on the side of the road, etc. Its usually older people since I'm only 21, but I'll meet people my age that are friendly enough to make small talk with me every so often.

I talked to a guy about the weather and a tornado that touched down last week while I was getting gas a couple days ago. Name was Mike. He has a daughter who hates storms and a son who loves them and wants to be a storm chaser when he grows up. Never spoke to him before that, and I doubt I will again.
>>
I like talking to strangers, unless they are British or Australian. Those people are scary.
>>
What if you're at a bar or pub? Is it strange to strike up a conversation with someone sitting next to you?
>>
Is it true that americans clap every time a movie ends at the cinema? I've heard they do it after the plane lands as well. Strange.
>>
>>610847506
yeah the plane landing applause still freaks me out when they do it i think it start with 911
>>
>>610847506
I've never been on a plane where people clapped after landing. If that happened, I would assume the passengers all have severe Down's syndrome.
>>
>>610847486

Depends. In a bar maybe not but in a pub yes because you don't generally go alone at pubs.
>>
>>610847506
>I've heard they do it after the plane lands as well. Strange.

They do it here too when the plane lands.
>>
>>610847506
i blame the south for all the retard stereotypes of American people.
>>
>>610846634
Poland, it's normal for me, I sometimes start talking to ppl just to have some fun and gain somee information. I think when you are a positive and open, smiled person people wouldn't mind having some time filled talking with you.
>>
>>610847596
"bravo! bravo! you brought the plane to the destination rather than a building! bravo!"
>>
>>610847677
>They do it here too when the plane lands.
Where is "here"?
>>
>>610847596
>>610847677
Wtf, clapping upon landing is actually a thing that happens? I have never seen that.
>>
>>610847712
i am from Scotland and have never met a Pol I did not like.

hard working motherfuckers, wish we could replace every single mother mong factory with them
>>
>>610847790

Sorry, Italy. Only when you travel to another country though.
>>
>>610847977

What about those Romanian cunts?
>>
>>610847506

I experienced it some time ago on a pure holiday flight from somewhere in Germany to somewhere in Spain.
I guess only people who do not fly that often do it. On commuting flights or bigger international flights I never experienced it.
>>
>>610847727
Kek.
>>
>>610847506
I've actually seen the theater thing happen once, but only once. I was young so I'm guessing it was a kids movie and it was the kids who started it. Happened in illinois, so it's hard to say if it's a southern thing. Even up here people are pretty folksy. Lots of lifted trucks and cowboy boots and yes ma'am's

Only been two flights, and nobody clapped.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.