[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/b/, I'm a fat fuck. But I've been eating healthy for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6
File: 1428806381664.jpg (140 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
1428806381664.jpg
140 KB, 750x1000
/b/, I'm a fat fuck. But I've been eating healthy for the past couple weeks and I'm starting to ride my bike and exercise a little more often. I just have a couple questions.

How do I get my metabolism up from scratch?

Is it absolutely necessary to eat small meals throughout the day, or is it some bullshit lie like the starvation mode myth?

How do I get rid of my hip fat faster?
>>
>>610667861
eat less at night, most of your meals during the day, should help a fuck ton.
>>
>>610668012
My sleep schedule is pretty fucked up right now. I should fix that.
>>
>>610667861
go to /fit/ and read the sticky
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 420x443) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 420x443
>>
>>610668107
That will also help! :)
>>
>>610668138
More like, Munchlax.

>>610668153
Thanks! 5/5 my friend.
>>
Shit loads of chillies, spicy food increases metabolism, coffee is good too because it raises your heartbeat.
>>
>>610668233
anything for anon :)
>>
>>610668250
So shit, should I just drink a bowl of hot sauce?
>>
>a few eggs for breakfast.
>A few cups of coffee with MCT oil (faggot ass bullet proof recipe if your a faggot but this works just as good).
>lift heavy weights for about an hour 5 times a week, more muscle=higher metabolism
>try eating less than 40 grams of sugar a day. fucking try. if thats easy for you then cut out corn and wheat products.

small meals help a lot but lifting heavy weights helps more. Resistance training and sprints eliminate fat more so than cardio. cardio is bullshit waste of time
>>
>>610668427
No. That's really salty and generally crap for you. Eat jalapeno peppers or others as snacks when you're craving chips or whatever it is for you.
>>
Metabolism is just the name we give to the process in which your body breaks down food for energy. You can't increase or decrease it, it's something that happens and that is all their is to it. Infact, your metabolism is finely controlled by your body to maintain homeostasis. Trying to forcefully change it would fuck you up severely.

Eat healthy, do exercise. As long as you do these two things correctly (most people don't), you'll lose weight.
>>
>>610668784
>jalapeno
But those are shit-tier peppers, habanero is where it's at.
>>
>>610668930
metabolism varies by about 200 calories a day, as in the slowest is 200 'slower' than the fastest.

Literally, with every meal, eat some fresh chili, work out a lot, avoid alcohol and carbs. that's all.
>>
File: 1402204751443.jpg (96 KB, 960x681) Image search: [Google]
1402204751443.jpg
96 KB, 960x681
pretty much everything said is bang on.
the idea is to just move as much as possible and eat as healthy as possible.
theres no magic pill thats going to make it easier. it just takes motivation.

one winning point, the more you work out, the more you will start to want to work out.

All the best fat/b/ro. good to see you trying to better yourself.

Have some ass for motivation
>>
>>610667861
just fucking start off with eating less and exercising more. and after weeks you will notice improvements and go from there
>>
>>610668983
Yeah, well, the fucker's fat, so I figured it'd be someone who might not be able to put up with that kind of heat.
>>
>>610668983
habaneros suck ass, there's no flavour it just tastes like pain
>>
Id recommend to keep a lot of fibre in your system, and keep hydrated with water. The water also fills you somewhat so you dont feel as hungy. Wholegrains are a holy grail too IMO.

You could always try a 5:2 fasting diet. It's not as faddy as it's made out to be.
>>
>>610668765
I literally just ate corn and ham. I thought corn was healthy? I don't eat much sugar, in fact I'm trying to do the low carb diet. Right now I'm at about 20-30 carbs a day.

>>610669732
I can take the spice, I'll check those out.

>>610668930
Thank you for being straightforward.
>>
>>610667861
Well this is a request for /fit/ but because you're here:

1)
Get your sleeping cycle in order - even if you have varying work times (like some hours apart, not like being on night/day schedule), get up at the same time and try to sleep at the same time.
Train your body to obey you, not the other way round.

2)
Reduce your sugar intake - no refined sugar. AT ALL. No sodas. No white bread (if you're an amerifat you have more sugar in your bread than eurofags have in candy bars).
Same with the fat content - try to keep it under 15% for all the meals you consume.
Having your bloodsugar in check will greatly help you loose weight without any yoyo-effects.

3)
Eat three major meals a day: Breakfast, lunch and supper.
Between those, have a small meal consisting of fruits.
Try to time it periodically for every 3h.
Major meal -> +3h -> minor meal -> +3h -> Major meal ... (this is why you need to have set sleeping/wake hours)
This will boost your metabolism because your stomach will have to do something all the time without being overworked.

4) Once a month, set yourself a "happy day" when you can eat everything you want (but considering the eat schedule above).
This will ease your diet AND additionally boost up your metabolism for the coming days.

5) Work out. At the very least two times a week for at least 2~3h.

Using these steps above, I lost 40kg in 1.5years and hadn't either yoyo-effects, nor negative effects on my body.
>>
File: datass.jpg (22 KB, 268x287) Image search: [Google]
datass.jpg
22 KB, 268x287
>>610667861
dat ass
>>
>>610667861
The picture of you, OP? If so, moar pls.
>>
>>610667861

>>>/fit/

read the sticky.
>>
>>610669948
it's not
>>
>>610669947

what happened with yesterday's thread? any action going on
>>
Post your kik name and I will give you some advice :)
>>
File: 1423610431306.jpg (52 KB, 225x279) Image search: [Google]
1423610431306.jpg
52 KB, 225x279
>>610667861

Dat ass!
>>
I lost thirty pounds during one summer in middle school, OP, and here's how I did it:

-Eat and exercise early in the day so that you jump start your metabolism
-Like you said, eat multiple small and healthy meals throughout the day
-ONLY DRINK WATER
-Cayenne pepper (or most spicy peppers, I believe) shred fat, believe it or not
-Limit your intake of refined carbs
-Admittedly, I starved myself the entire summer, which wasn't exactly the best course of action, but fuck me if it didn't work; you do run the risk of slowing down your metabolism in the long run, though, although I still am not prone to gaining any weight
-If you really want to lose fat quickly, do high intensity cardio interval workouts; I lost all my weight by playing Dance Dance Revolution at home, so feel free to be creative

Good luck, OP. I commend you for not just bitching about your fatness like the rest of the body-positive HAES SJWs on here and actually striving to improve yourself.
>>
>>610668930
vitamin b actually boosts your metabolism rate
>>
>>610667861
you can do a couple of things to boost your metabolism. one of them is running or biking like you said, try challenging yourself with hills. another thing, which i think is key, is powerlifting (back squat, dead lift, benchpress). Back squat and dead lift will turn that hip fat into muscle. On the other hand lifting isn't completely necessary i guess.
>>
Non-sugar coffee or authentic green tea will boost your metabolism. Vegetables are a good snack replacement.
The main key is consistency and perseverance.
The imperfect plan you follow through is better than the perfect plan you don't.
>>
Bad copypasta.
>>
>>610667861
Eat smalls meals during day not before bed, cardio is key.
Also never ever pick up a sugared drink again.

Also fuck you capcha i had to pick out the cakes in the pictures.
>>
>>610669890
low carb is the way to go. corn has low nutrient density compared to other vegetables, its closer in composition to wheat. Check out some ancestral diets if you really want to speed things up and not have a chance of gaining it back. sites like Marksdailyapple cover a lot of the basics and do it well. people were healthier prior to agriculture, do some genuine research if you want to change permanently instead of go on a temporary diet.
>>
>>610670201
I'm just not sure about dieting combined with weight loss. In my opinion dieting only works for people who aren't exercising and want to lose weight. The only people who diet and exercise rigorously are body builders and their lifestyles are completely unhealthy.

The point is if you're exercising you need fuel. You need carbohydrates and you need a lot of fat. Someone who is exercising and well fed is much more happy. The happier you are, the more likely you are to continue your regimen. This is not to say that you can try one of these crash diets when you begin working out, but realistically it's unlivable.
>>
>>610670201
Also, in response to my own last post, I should clarify that tea and coffee are fine, too, as long as you're not loading them up with fattening dairy or tons of sugar.
>>
Eat only 3 meals a day.
That's basically it.

Snacking is your worst enemy, especially after 8pm.

Never eat after 8.
>>
>>610667861
Drink a gallon of water a day, it will boost your metabolism like crazy and you'll start shredding off the fat when you work out and you won't be as hungry all day. I would drink 2 glasses of water before every meal and a glass in between. Your body needs water to function properly
>>
>>610669906
Alright. I'm going to need a fucking journal for this. In the mean time I'm going to stay up this whole day so I can rest for the night, since I didn't get any sleep last night.

Is one cup of milk a day bad? No problem about the bread and soda, I won't have any of that shit.

What kinds of fruits should I eat? Don't fruits contain lots of sugar? Or is it good because it's natural?

That's a long time to work out, to be honest. But damn do I want to fucking lose weight. I was rowing last night and I got this pain in my side, or around there. What is that? I want to say it's a cramp.
>>
>>610667861
Bro. This will seem like bullshit... but while you're losing weight remember to develop yourself as person.

As in a nice weekend hobby and having a decent paying job you enjoy. And be helpful and kind.

Without these things you are basically working out and eating right to become the guy equivalent of a hot chick.
>>
as someone with a high metabolism that can feel thw difference now that hes back down to normal weight lemme tell you thats its posture. sit up straight when eating, breath with chest not stomach, heel to toe foot steps evem if you gotta spread your feet open wider and stretch your muscles as often as you can so you can get that relaxing feeling coursing through you. do this long enough and your heart will start to get stronger too. just dont treat it like a magic formula.

also running should have a breath between strokes. right side breath between breath left side breath between breath repeat. this way you let the body do some work itself while your arms and legs continue forward. after bad eating cycles and lazy weeks/months it takes some days of running to get back into it and the only way to make sure i finish is through those breathing steps.
>>
>>610671422
Three meals are enough, I would not eat fruits due to fructose which is actually worse than refined sugar - except for berries.

Eat more vegetables instead.

Working out for 2-3 hours is bullshit; if you do weightlifting train an hour max, would not do more cardio either. Better add some HIIT (read sprints) to shorten cardio time.
>>
>>610670951
Also wanted to build on the statement of no fucking sugar... no white bread no juice no fucking milkshake shit, milk is the fucking devil. No prosessed shit. Also eat in ratios of 3/4 veggies 1/4 meat and tont just dump oil in when cooking, use a basting brush to brush on tiny amounts of oil.
>>
>>610667861
Was in the same position not too long ago, managed to shed a fair bit of weight and now working on lean gains.

- Eat breakfast like a king, eat lunch like a prince, eat supper like a pauper

-High intensity cardio will get rid of a lot of your bulk, though you'll need to vary your routine to lose the last bit

-Drink water, fuckloads of water. No soda, no fruit juice, fucking water. Put a bit of lemon in if it bores you.

-Learn to love working out, chase that serotonin high.
>>
Damn, thanks /b/ros. I'm reading it all and it's just pumping me up.
>>
>>610672027
Calling bullshit on the milk. Low fat is fine.
>>
>>610671422
Oh and about your pain - probably just side stitches (exercise related transient abdominal pain). Harmless, try to be more relaxed and breathe in a steady rythm
>>
>>610671422
Every fruit is go - the frustose is much better for your bloodsugar levels than refined sugar so that's okay.
Just be cautious with the amount - a banana and an apple is normally more than enough for a minor meal, or an orange and some grapes, you can eat anything as long as it's some fruit.

Well I started with two times a week and went to three times a week to be as most effective as possible.
There's something called supercompensation (I won't go into details) and when you find your body's balance between breaking down your muscles and patching them up, you'll loose fat more effectively.

The one thing I enjoyed about my way of doing things was: I didn't even had to calculate any calories or anything like that.
If I wanted something to eat for a major meal, it went like this:
1) does it have additional sugar?
2) does it have more than 15~20% fat
3) is the serving size too big?
If one of them points was true, I decided to eat something else.

For the first to two weeks of starting to eat healthy, you'll most probably have withdrawel symptoms because your body won't get its saturated fat and short-chained carbs which are like a drug for your brain.
You could be moody and/or depressive but after max. 2 weeks you'll never have any cravings for overly sweet stuff and alike.
>>
>>610671422
Milk is fine as long as it's low fat and you aren't guzzling that shit down, 1-2 glasses a day, ideally full skim but semi won't do you harm.

Fruit is good to replace shit that you would normally snack on (chocolate, chips, all that shit)

Seeing as how you're just starting out your body will feel like shit for a little, that's you getting fitter and your muscles adjusting to your routine and growing stronger. Learn to love it.

Good luck OP. Seeing as you're kinda new provided you stick to a solid diet plan and workout routine you'll be surprised how fast you'll lose weight and fitten up. feelsgoodman.jpg
>>
>>610667861
Her some apple cider vinegar with the mother. Add 1 tbsp to 8oz of water and chug it once every day in the morning. It's a metabolism booster
>>
>>610667861
how fucking hard is it to not stuff your face faggot. go eat an apple
>>
>>610667861
Hip fat can be a bitch to shift, just keep up on high intensity cardio and it'll burn with everything else.

Don't bother specifically targetting a weight loss area, just target weight loss and then tone/gain on where you feel you could use it.

Also, hire a personal trainer for a session at the gym. He'll give you a solid routine for your needs.

Good luck man.
>>
>>610668427
No, no, no, no. A bowl of hot sauce AND coffee. Mixed together.

Also, good luck OP.
>>
>>610671422
Fruits do have sugar yes but good sugars and small amounts, you would have to eat like 2-3 dozen apples to intake the same sugar as a can of coke.
Veggies are masterrace especially boiled cauliflour and broccoli, limit your potato intake slightly.

A good starter workout is to walk around the block doing one side of the block jogging, increase to 2 blocks and longer jogging.

Dont try sprinting yet
>>
>>610669947
>>610670152
I wasn't aware of any thread about this dude's tweet/post, and I just learned of this shit after seeing a thumbnail picture of this pic and a headline description about it while looking at some other article online, but this girl has a seriously nice, fat ass! He was surely only complimenting her; no need for people to get so upset about it.

Was there more to this story? Or more pics of this girl? Does the girl in this picture know it's her ass that is in the photo? And is his wife hot?

Also, more tips on how to lose weight, please! Specifically, in the stomach area?

Also, is Diet Coke (and, specifically, aspertame) as bad for a person as many people claim it is?
>>
>>610667861

I'll share my experience with weight loss with you OP. I'm 6'5'', 26, was 255 lbs. Sleep hygene is very important and so is eating scheadule. I eat 3 meals a day at 0800, 1200, 1700. After 1700 there is no eating. My meals consist of about 400-500 cals each and are primarily low fat high protein. Avoiding carbs at every turn I can except for fruits n vegtables. I still have some small treats here n there.

My workout consists of cardio/lifting. I run 2 miles on a treadmill then lift major/minor muscle groups monday,wends,friday. Abs on Tues/Thurs. Sat is a free day to play basketball or do whatever. Today I'mma do some more legs.

I've been in the gym 2 1/2 months and lost 11 lbs so far. I'm 243 lbs and feeling great. I'm determined to make it to my goal and then maintain.

It's all in your head OP. Good Luck.
>>
>>610672212
Ok you drink a glass of low fat everyday and you will gain weight guaranteed
>>
Make changes to your daily routine. everyone says "spend an hour at the gym five times a week." Look at it this way. If you spend five hours a week at the gym that is 5 out of 168 hours in your week. That is less than 3% of your week you spend exercising and trying to be better. What helped my friend was he liked to read, so he got audiobooks and walked around town.
>>
>>610673432
Anything processed/refined is bad bro, just drink water.
>>
Go to >>>/fit/ , READ THE FUCKING STICKY and start lifting weights at a caloric deficit.
>>
Is it okay to drink alcohol?
>>
>>610667861

Previous fat ass here. Used to be about 200lbs - I'm not super tall so it looked like shit. Tried everything being the lazy fat fuck I was. At the end of the day the only thing that has worked was training muay thai (but I'm certain just about any martial art will work - the high intensity interval training involved goes a very long way) and then just watching my calorie intake (staying below 2000 calories). That's it. Now I have some tools for hand to hand self defense and just broke the 170 lb barrier recently and still dropping.
>>
>>610667861
starvation is never good. Your body goes into preservation mode and minimizes the burning of calories. Starvation is counter intuitive.

Eat small meals 6meals x~300calories=1800 calories/day. Meal can sound like a full on meal, but it can be something like a bowl of oatmeal, or a protein shake. Also, lift weights too, it burns fat better and keeps burning after your workout too. If you like cardio workouts, do HIIT. Research shows it burns more cals better than standard cardio programs.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.