[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: url.jpg (43 KB, 598x444) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
43 KB, 598x444
so?
>>
may 19
>>
Cheryl's a cunt.
>>
>>609776533
>http://www.theguardian.com/science/alexs-adventures-in-numberland/2015/apr/13/how-to-solve-albert-bernard-and-cheryls-birthday-maths-problem

sorry to ruin this op.
>>
>>609777557
This. What kind of a person goes, "Well, I'll give you a list of 10 possible dates" when you ask them their birthday.

I'd walk off and never speak to that bitch again.
>>
Of course the woman's being a total attention whore.
>>
July 16th. Easy peasy. Just logic it
>>
Unless I'm a fucking retard it's July 16th
>>
>>609779149
Well when I think of it, you're mistaken
In order for one to know while the other doesn't know, the month has to be repetive and the date only occurs once, meaning may 19th
>>
>>609776533
I really hate that this is going viral, when I was 15 I also participated with the Math Olympiads and the questions were of the same 'difficulty'. It's really fucking easy..
>>
>>609779751
Uhh. No. Obviously it can't be the unique days (like may 19th), otherwise bernard would know right from the get-go.

Retard
>>
>>609777862
It's about testing your logical skills. The fact that you say something like that instead of trying to solve the question makes you incompetent.
>>
>>609779751

Bernard doesn't know her birthday until Albert says that Bernard DOESN'T know the answer.

For Albert to know for sure that Bernard doesn't know her birthday, the correct month can't contain any unique numbers. So May and June are out.

With that information, Bernard figures out the correct date. So we can eliminate the 14th of July/August, because if it was the 14th, knowing that the month can't be May/June wouldn't help.

That means it's either July 16th, August 15th, or August 17th. But Albert is able to figure it out with that information and the month. So it has to be July 16th, because if the answer was in August, he wouldn't know if it was the 15th or the 17th.
>>
>>609780052
Yes.

We can eliminate may and august.
>>
>>609780842
I think you mean may and june. Later on august, because
>>609780764
is correct (providing this isn't you)
>>
>>609780842
How does that eliminate BOTH may 15 and 16?
>>
>>609781812
Because Albert knows that Bernard doesn't know. Albert wouldn't have known that if Albert had been told it was either may or june, because those contain unique days from which Bernard might be able to deduce the birthday from. So it cant be may or june.
>>
>>609777862
Not if the ass was fat doe.
>>
>>609780764
This is a 100% correct
>>
>>609781976
You're skipping a step there, it doesn't rule out the repeating numbers in may.

He knows it's not 18 or 19 but may doesn't disappear completely from that. Bear in mind that Bernard says he knows the date JUST from 18 and 19 being ruled out.
>>
>>609776533
June 17th, Obviously.
>>
>>609782358
Yes it does, retard. Pay attention.

Albert KNOWS that Bernard doesn't know. IF Albert was told May or June, he couldn't know that, because if it was May 19th or June 18th, Bernard WOULD know. Since Albert absolutely does know that Bernard doesn't know, it can't be the months with the unique dates.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.