[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /b i need your ,,wise" advise. I want to take a 4 week
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 570x380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 570x380
Hey /b i need your ,,wise" advise.

I want to take a 4 week long english course in the usa this august.

It will be a intense course 5-6 hour per day.
So far so good. Now my question.

I can choose between this cities
> New York
> Miami
> San Francisco
>Seattle
> Washington DC
> San Diego
> Santa Barbara
> Boston
>Fort Lauderdale
> Chicago
> LA
Im 22 and from germany!
Where should i go ?
>>
SF
for German guy
>>
File: 1428445209365.jpg (101 KB, 1024x603) Image search: [Google]
1428445209365.jpg
101 KB, 1024x603
I would personally suggest Washington D.C.
New York is a bit overwhelming

Metro in D.C. allows you to explore a bit while you're there. Lots of museums and stuff for spare time.
>>
>>609765131
Why is SF great for germans ?
>>
>>609764789
New York
It's the epitome of everything America.
>>
>>609765813
to many nigs
>>
>>609766065
Less than in la
>>
New York if you want to experience Northern American culture, San Francisco if you're gay (I'm serious), LA or Miami if you're looking for a good time. Just don't go to Chicago or Boston really.
>>
>>609765813
Don't listen to this Fag.
go to /b/oston
>>
>>609766137
I personally thougt about new york or la
>>
seattle = cool
>>
>>609765474
Lots of german speaking folks there for some damn reason
>>
Chicago is just a bunch of beaners, niggers, and Slavs. No point in coming here, idk about the other places, but SF sounds nice. Also anywhere in Florida in not worth going.
>>
File: 2014-11-15 14.19.42.jpg (97 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
2014-11-15 14.19.42.jpg
97 KB, 640x480
>>609764789

Go to New York.

VERY large German population there. Half of the villages in the Hudson Valley are German names. Rhinebeck, Verplank, Rhine cliff etc etc etc. Loads of English speaking Germans to help you out.

Plus, the Hudson Valley is gorgeous & a very short train ride away from the city.

On top of multiple National Historic Parks, the world's best culinary school resides in the Hudson Valley. Amazing food available to the public for super cheap.

I immigrated here from Ireland 11yrs ago, after being surrounded by this natural beauty & amazing culture I could never go back home.
>>
>>609766648
The problem i have with florida is the weather specially in summer. Im from northern germany, our summer are rainy and 5-7 sun with not more than 28 degree. I think the heat could be to much for me
>>
Washington DC. You have the museums, metro, there are German cultural clubs there, not hard to take the train or Megabus to NY or Boston.

Although the cost of living is high, DC will still be cheaper than NY or Boston. SF and Seattle are great cities but you can get to more places easier on the East Coast.

(lived there for 10 years)
>>
>>609767179
If you're worried about the weather, go to Seattle or SF
>>
>>609766856
>>609767230
Sounds both great
>>
File: 1291171227198.gif (169 KB, 600x430) Image search: [Google]
1291171227198.gif
169 KB, 600x430
Boston
Has a Metro doesn't get too hot isn't that expensive, isn't that crowded.
>>
I would go with ether Chicago or Boston
>>
Go to NY lot of culture, great food, great nightlife
>>
>>609768021
Dude I'm telling you guys, unless you want some tamales or deep dish pizza, chicagos fucking boring... You're more likely to get shot than have a good time. But if you do come I'll suck your dick
>>
go to chicago if you like niggers
but on a serious note Miami, if you aren't shy, or Newyork/LA
>>
Santa Barbara oder San Diego würde ich machen. Sehr schöne Städte und perfektes Klima. Florida kannst im Sommer vergessen. LA ist ordentlich was los, aber eher hässlich. San Franscisco ist auch sehr schön und ziemlich europäisch, aber selbst im Sommer auf Grund der Lage manchmal etwas kühl. Zu den restlichen Städten kann ich nichts sagen
>>
>>609768021
Don't listen to this asshole, they have some of the highest crime rates in the country.
>>
>>609768565
I hope you're a femanon kek
>>
>>609768829
Danke
>>
>>609764789
>> New York- best choice
>> Miami- good choice if you like getting stabbed
>> San Francisco - way to pretentious
>>Seattle -are you a dirty hippy? then no
>> Washington DC- meh
>> San Diego- good choice
>> Santa Barbara- nice, if you have money
>> Boston- never, Afghanistan would be a better choice
>>Fort Lauderdale- great if you're a drunken frat boy, or 108 years old
>> Chicago- shitty sports teams
>> LA- also a good choice
>>
Also chicago is a nice place if you enjoy heroine, high gas prices, and niggers working every public service job
>>
>>609768369
Fuck New York filthy expansive and crowded. Boston or DC
>>
>>609769279
Talking about high gas prices kek. Come to germany and see what this even means.
>>
>>609766856
>August
>New York

and they say /b/ has gotten nicer lately. not bad
>>
Fellow German here. Even if I love Miami, I wouldn't go there in August. Spring or Fall is the time to go.
Recently been in Wisconsin which is great and there's tons of German immigrants there.
Not in your choices though.
So other than that, I don't know.
>>
>>609764789
go to LA or Seattle.
The accents on the west coast are less harsh than those on the east coast
>>
>>609769169
New York Fag
>> New York- Worst Choise
>> Miami- hot girls (stay out of the bad arieas though)
>> San Francisco - way to pretentious
>>Seattle -are you a dirty hippy? then no
>> Washington DC- meh
>> San Diego- Nothing of intrest here
>> Santa Barbara- nice, if you have money
>> Boston- Best out of the North East
>>Fort Lauderdale- great if you're a drunken frat boy, or 108 years old
>> Chicago- all around good nothing great
>> LA- Get Shot by bad guys or Police
>>
>>609764789
Canada
>>
>>609769806
Fuck canada
>>
New York
>>
Boston has MIT and Harvard and duck boats
>>
>>609769974
Fuck murica
>>
>>609770198
Okay what would beat duck boats? Boston is getting more and more interesting
>>
>>609764789
>mfw going to Miami to study English.

It's full of wetbacks who can't speak English.
>>
Boston has MIT the birth place of hacking and shenanigans.
>>
So i guess i will pick
> New York
> DC
> or Boston
>>
>>609765813

That's the problem. That's why the world thinks we're all abrasive, rude assholes.
>>
>>609770396
New York. Never in August.
Miami. Go there in winter
San Francisco. Expensive but if you have game it is a no brainer. Nothing in the US like SF for getting laid.
Seattle. legal weed, pretty blah everything else. August is a good time to visit.
Washington DC./ San Diego, Santa Barbara, LA. Not in August
Chicago, you will get some nice pics. kill yourself
Fort Lauderdale. No fucking clue, never been there.
>>
If you're gonna be here during 31 of July to the 2nd of August, Chicago would be the way to go for lollapalooza
>>
>>609771300
It's such a fucking hard choice
>>
You can also travel across Chicago in about an hour using the train system. Also I find Chicagoans are kinda nicer than most people, you just have to be open and social.
>>
>>609771441
most likely 8.8-29.8
>>
>>609771175
Boston has awesome Beer is cheaper than New York doesn't have the high crime rate of DC
and you can easily catch the train to New York or DC if you want to visit
>>
>>609771510
don't let the door hit you on the way out
>>
>>609770982
Like all of America.
>>
>>609771745
Nigger what? And your English is fucking better than half the people here, most being fucking beaners
>>
>>609771826
I think our german beer is better
>>
>>609766545
One of the stops for the bus tours of german tours going to Yosemite park. I worked in a store outside the easter entrance to the park and these fuckers try to pay for food and shit with euros. At least the Canadians, English and japs don't but we do accept pounds and C Dollar since their currency that the bank changes. I can use the yens for weeb shit.

Sweds are horrible people who complaint about the metric system even though very fucking thing in Cali is printed with the metric size on it.
>>
Far away across the oceans
An undiscovered paradise
Forget New York and California
There’s a better place – now close your eyes
Take my hand
We are almost there
Our favorite place on earth

[Chorus]
Massachusetts
It’s the 14th biggest state
Massachusetts
Just four hours from New York
Read amazing books for free at the Boston Library or try the local brie
Massachusetts
It’s a melting pot, my friend
Massachusetts
So many cultures hand in hand
In perfect harmony

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvUMV1N7eGM
>>
>>609772190
>eastern.
Fucking google ios
>>
Santa Barbara is known as the party capital of CA so if you want some easy sex while you're in the states, that would be my suggestion.

All the others would give you a very different cultural look at what the US has to offer, but for the love of all that is holy do NOT GO TO FT LAUDERDALE. Fucking Hatians, man.
>>
>>609772087
It is but for American beer Boston can't be beet.
>>
>>609772470
Go to Chicago, you can score easy weed and hot girls in Evanston
>>
>>609772353
fun fact about boston.

You can not pick up a girl from Boston in a bar. Seriously, it is not possible. Only chance you have is she is from out of town too.

People here are crazy as fuck
>>
>>609772655
And get shot
>>
>>609772870
>evanston
>get shot

someones never been to evanston
>>
File: rekt.jpg (72 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
rekt.jpg
72 KB, 600x350
>>609764789
you want to go to the big apple, NY
>>
I live in Santa Barbara, lots of Swiss girls that speak German. Great schools, rich ass white people. No fags like sf. Great surf it's the best option imo
>>
>>609764789
Boston

It's the only city that can keep up with German drinking standards.
>>
>>609773066
Eavanston is such a fucking chill place, especially near north westerns campus
>>
OP here. To get laid isn't really priority number1. Im more interested in culture and meeting nice people, especially to practice english.
>>
>>609773417
Come to canada. Here are the better way nicer than in merica
>>
>>609773417
Then Boston
>>
>>609773417
Then Chicago is your best bet
>>
>>609773417
Boston is far more distinctly cultural than any of those other cities. New York and San Francisco would be the only other strong competitors, and every other place is just a city with nothing special about them.

But NY and Frisco are also too fucking big to have a distinct culture.
>>
>>609773870
> to get shot in
>>
>>609774055
Someone's never been to chicago
>>
>>609774211
> implying there's a reason to go to Chicago
> aside from to get shot in
>>
>>609773417
it's gotta be somewhere in California, stay away from LA though
>>
>people putting NY over Boston
Yeah, no. New York is definitely super unique experience if you come from Europe but you will NOT like to stay long there. I've had friends come to America and visit cities. All prefered Boston over New York.

But I still might recommend San Fransisco over it... but if you come from Europe, it's weird to go to such a European city...

No:
Ft Lauderdale
Miami (Orlando would be better)
Chicago

Rest is maybes
>>
>>609764789
Santa Barbara

Beaches and babes

Alternatively, you can go somewhere like New York or San Francisco and become a faggot
>>
>>609773417
From your choices Boston or Chicago if you want to stick to the US.

Here is a fun alternative though, Vancouver. It is by far my favorite city in North America.
>>
>>609774555
> to be gay in
>>
>>609772835
You have to be uber white, but seeing as he's german, he probably can get chicks.

But seriously, definitely no to DC.
>>
so far definitely cancelled

> Seattle
> Miami
> Fort Lauderdale
> LA
>>
Massachusetts has beaches that are great because they are not crowded by tourist.
>>
>>609774555
fuck canada
>>
New York
>>
Chicago has bassically everything you would want to see in America, from the Willis tower to museums and beaches, Chicago is one of the prettiest and social places In the us. You won't have problems making friends and exploring Chicagos beauties is one of the funniest experiences I've had with my friends. that's also the reason why I moved here
>>
>>609775566
New York is only nice around Central Park, but it's really dirty a couple of blocks over
>>
>>609764789
San diego, toomany nig nogs and jews in all those other places.
>>
>>609767230
hes goingo to learn english, how much would visiting a german society hel in this case?
>>
>>609775586
>beaches
>Chicago
Learn to geography
>>
>>609775586
I think i will cholse between

> Chicago
> Boston
> New York or
> Santa Barbara
>>
>>609764789
>> Santa Barbara

That place is a babe fest. Hag out at the UCSB beach, for your German and get laid the first night in town.
>>
>>609776049
Too many fucking juans in san diego
>>
>>609764789
A 4 week long english course in the usa ?

Isn't that like taking a Japanese course in china?
>>
>>609776807
dude i can tell you: even a week abroad would help train your language skills, but only if you can prevent visiting people your nationality
>>
>>609776807
My english isn't that bad and i like the usa. Always wanted to go there. So i combinate joy with some education
>>
been to new york and lived in LA, i like LA better imo. dont ask why just go to LA
>>
>>609777125
I don't need and want any german culture and language in this 4 weeks if possible.
>>
>>609777843
thats the spirit.

also from germany, did the same thing 3 years ago with mexico
>>
>>609777772
>>609777772
No LA is a shithole
you ether got rich celebrity or poor foreigners who are the servants of said celebritys
>>
>>609766472
Seattles the place to go
>>
>>609764789
Consider Canada
>>
>>609778593
If you a gay hippy
>>
French fag here. I've lived NYC, SF and Boston, and visited LA, Chicago, DC and Seattle. NYC and SF are definitely a safe bet for a 22 German: culturally vibrant and not too far from European culture. LA can be cool, but only if you plan to drive. Seattle is amazing, and probably closer to a 'true' American experience if that's what you're looking for.
>>
>>609779284
Thanks m8
>>
>>609778738
This.
>>
>>609779564
>>609778738
I have personally nothing against canada but i really won't spend the summer and about 5-7 k € in canada !
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.