[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any advice for a kid who turns 18 today?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 11
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 500x500
Any advice for a kid who turns 18 today?
>>
nope
>>
advice form a 23 year old

You better be attending college at least part time
Please don't be spending all your time on video games
play an instrument in your downtime, it pays off
those are 3 big things i can think of
>>
>>608886328
kill yourself it's all downhill from here
>>
ask 9gag
>>
>>608886328
yeah check my trips bitch
>>
File: 1419510031879.gif (3 MB, 375x250) Image search: [Google]
1419510031879.gif
3 MB, 375x250
>>
>>608886328
kill yourself now because it's all down hill for you from here
>>
Your parents and everyone lied to you. Odds are your Life is about to start sucking massively. Enjoy
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 640x427
>>
>>608886619
>>608886719
fuck, I posted that without reading the thread
>>
>>608886328
You better be out there fucking everything in site.
You're pretty much peaking sexually, so get out and stick it in anything you can.
But wear condoms for fucks sake.
>>
have you been successful at licking you anus yet? If no, I'd get to work on it. The older one gets, the less likely they are happy when they couldn't lick their own rectum.
>>
>>608886328
Don't waste your time. Study hard and get a good job, otherwise you'll be a 33 year old unemployed loser like me and then you'll really contemplate suicide.
>>
>>608886948
i don't fucking care what this anon posted...there were no tits.
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 500x611) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 500x611
>>608887079
Would you advise against a long term gf?
>>
Don't smoke just because you can now. And don't vape because it makes you look like a douche bag.
>>
>Lurk Moar
>>
>>608886328
Have sex with your mom at LEAST once.
>>
>>608886328
Being an adult sucks, as you're expecting to begin doing things everyone else is doing and you are expected to become just another brick in the wall. So have fun while you can before you cant anymore.
>>
Kill yourself
>>
>>608886328
If you're white, kill as many non-whites as possible.

If you're not white, kill as many whites as possible.
>>
>>608886328
Go to fucking school, it foesnt matter about your major xuz youre ptobably going to change that at least 3x just go to fucking school. get as many grants and scholarships as humanly possible I'm talking 4th generation native American grants. If you need to and can, get a job and font be a fucking turd to your boss, you're not going to do this job forever, it's fine. Don't spend all your time partying and don't make that your prime focus, sure your friends are cool now but by the time your 23 and getting bored with drinking and starting to grow the fuck up, half of them won't even be around anymore. Have fun and don't stress too much. Be nice to people. And for goodness fucking sakes don't smoke cigarettes. If you must smoke, smoke weed, but do it responsibly. And wear a fucking condom. This is non negotiable. Wear a condom. They aren't that expensive.
>>
Yes, checkem
>>
>>608887564
Yes. Youre not gonna marry her and every day you're monogamous is a day youre missing out on all the young girls exploring their slutty side.

Source: broke up with my gf when I went to college and never regrettred it
>>
No long term gf, bang anything that moves as long as it isn't a landwhale, attend college for IT because it pays the most(its true that most of the students suck but some will be your lifelong friends), meet someone that is a great employee where you want to work and they'll get you a job when you are done, get rid of your friends that are losers, and get a hobby that isn't video games, drinking or drugs.
>>
>>608889912
You smart fucking man. This 10000 times. Its literally my only regret.
>>
Yes I've got some advice:

- I agree with this: "You better be out there fucking everything in site.
You're pretty much peaking sexually, so get out and stick it in anything you can.
But wear condoms for fucks sake."

...and don't forgo an opportunity with a girl who you might not be greatly attracted to. You can at least have some fun & get the experience (get more experience with women)

- Hit the gym, it pays great dividends if you're committed

- You're going to make mistakes in life. Most are ok, don't feel like an idiot unless you really act like one

- Never take advice on women from women. (Never accept "just be yourself"). Look at what women respond to, not what they say

- Being a "nice guy" will put you far behind in life. Be a little bit of a dick, but a "good guy", not a pussy. Women never forgive a man who acts like a pussy

- If you were raised without an involved father, you've got a tough road ahead

- Don't let people push you around. Get your confidence, stand your ground, and deal with it...men OR women.

- Before you start working after college, take some time and see other countries or travel, meet other women

- Learn some spanish. It helps with making friends/women

- Appearances ARE important. Dress well, get in shape, and look strong and people will treat you differently than other men.

- Enjoy being young. Time goes by and the music, girls, friends, sill adventures, etc. you once had will be the memories you reflect on later. Be sure to make plenty of memories & enjoy your young life!
..there's a few for you
>>
>>608886328
Depends where you live.
If you live in the US, that sucks
If you live in Europe, diffrent story
>>
File: 1424605547135.jpg (311 KB, 850x1277) Image search: [Google]
1424605547135.jpg
311 KB, 850x1277
>>608890455
was it because you couldn't read or write anon? you only had sex to turn around your frustrations and lack of spontaneity as a young cuck faglord?
>>
>>608886328
Don't be a dick
>>
>>608890576
keep going
>>
>>608891026
and buy or /diy/ a hammock. why don't you already have one that is just for you? A cheap one is like $20!
>>
>>608886328
If you're living in america or some other dump, now that you're 18 you should change that, buy a ticket and move to europe.
>>
>>608886328
Post nudes
>>
>>608890576
why is it just women this women that
>>
>>608893699
Check em
>>
Stop fapping so much. It makes you lazy and depressed.
>>
I'd take the advice of fucking everything in site *only* if it's fulfilling something inside of you. *Definitely* try it, but if you start feeling hollow inside, and want deeper connections, then stop. Everybody's different, definitely try it out, but if it doesn't suit you, don't be afraid to stop.

I'm 31 now, and when in college, there was probably about a 6 month period, in between girlfriends and I fucked about 20 girls. Some stunners, some ok-ers, some wanted more than just a fuck, some regretted it. It was a lot of fun, and I don't regret it one bit, but it just wasn't for me.

After that period, I got with a girl that I honestly think I could have married, we went out for about a year, but my promiscuous past really affected her. She was nowhere near as experienced as I was, and knew me during that period. We lasted just over a year, and then about a year later, I'm with the girl I'm with now, 8 years later.

Try everything, and if it suits you / you really enjoy it, keep doing it. But if it doesn't, if you *prefer* pizza with a fat girl who's your best friend, binge watching LoTR, fuck it do that.

Main thing about youth is finding out what lights the fire about who you are, and honestly, that could be anything at all, deny nothing to yourself. Do that, and don't be too much of a douchbag while doing it, and you should be fine.
>>
>>608887079
this is impossible for most men. don't feel bad if you are 20 and haven't had sex since high school
>>
>>608893769
It's not, but yes a lot. It's because women are a key part of life, and can ruin a man. I'll say more below.
>>
If I could go back and do it again I'd say learn to set goals and maybe write a journal or diary. Goals will change ur life

Girls are cool and all but very few men are fucking machines like they claim so I question if its even healthy to be chasing tail all the time. Not sure if that's a priority. Its kind of like saying u should binge eat now since ur young and can lose weight easier

I say get into art and music and other fun hobbies that have a spiritual side to them because you will not have time to learn one of those hobbies when you're really hustling as an adult. But by having done it before, you'll be able to turn to it as a source of happiness and fulfillment during ur off moments. Hope that makes sense

Also most of your friends are fake faggots who talk a lot of shit. Don't be dazzled by the flash and sizzle. look for meaningful friendships
>>
>>608886328
Study.

I don't like to say that but take care of yourself : clothes, haircut, hygiene...

Do some sport, anything is good if you do it often and with dedication.

Go out, socialize a tons, don't be scared of people, socializing is the key in our society.

Women... just fucking go for it dude, "there is no rejection, only funny story".
>>
>>608895386
>ur

I stopped reading there.
>>
Stay in school. Happy Birthday.
>>
File: 1420675070583.jpg (51 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
1420675070583.jpg
51 KB, 640x427
Listen to me, you piece of shit.

Stay in school. Just fucking do it. You hate it? Suck it up for two years and get an associates. You can party, bang, blow, ingest, trip, fly, travel, and experience shit and still get a basic fucking degree. Plus, you'll probably figure out what you really want.

Go all in on something that isn't a relationship.

Learn to recognize fake people, and never let anyone make you feel guilty about doing you.

Do you.

Save cash money.
>>
File: 1417043351712.gif (838 KB, 320x181) Image search: [Google]
1417043351712.gif
838 KB, 320x181
>>608895551
I'm on a cellphone
>>
>>608895643
You type all that. and even go as far as punctuating "I'd" but you don't have time for 2 little keys?

shidagittydig.
>>
File: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.jpg (35 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.jpg
35 KB, 500x500
>>608895817
To say you're an idiot is an understatement
>>
>>608892694
Ok...

- Try to be a well-rounded man. Physically, mentally, socially, and for success too. We don't realize often but a man who has "his shit together" wears it subconciously on the outside and other people recognize it.

- Try new things, even if you don't think you'll like it. You never know, and something may work out unexpectedly.

- Don't be afraid to try & fail. Failure is inevitable, just like success is with enough effort

- Save your money. You probably don't need the best electronics, top-level clothes, or a new car. It sucks not having the means to travel or buy things later if you don't save

- If you had a bad childhood and have bad self-esteem or similar, talk with a therapist or psycologist. Find going until you find a good one. Solving your own problems can be done but is really slow and super hard.

- Try to learn fighting or a martial art. Lots of benefits, and you are both humbled and earn confidence at the same time

- The truth is, no one really cares about men. We are (at this point in time, USA) considered a paycheck and disposable. It's sad but true. Be your own man and you'll know what to do.

- Don't betray your good friends or girlfriends, etc. People who don't suddenly dissappear when things get tough are hard to find.

- Some of the people who would have sworn you could depend on will let you down. Example: was in Panama, my debit card dissappeared. Couldn't get my brother to forward me money in time of emergency. You should EXPECT hardships, and expect some people to let you down. Be ready.

- People will treat you the way you let them. If you take shit from people, don't complain when they treat you like a bitch.

- Women are like child a lot. Sometimes you have to tell them "no" despite what they say. They may hate the word "no" but will respect you for not backing down and keeping them in line (hard lesson I learned)

- You can't help attraction
>>
>>608886328
Work your ass off. Make goals, and don't let anyone or anything stop you. Reminder, for all you know no one else exists in this world, and their merely constructs of you own imagination.

Be aggressive, Burn down buildings, break down walls, kill egos, always be the hardest working guy in the room. Go fourth confident in yourself and in your ability to do anything, anytime, anywhere. Jump in head first and learn to swim later.

Seriously, be a shark in a world full of sheep in the ocean.
>>
>>608896050
You're a cunt then.

Join the Navy OP.
You'll be glad you did once the 4 years is over. There's a lot of women enlisted in the navy, as well.
>>
>>608887564
I recommend you to try gfs for max 3 months, if by that time you don't feel that she's the one, or that you aren't the one for her, than split up. But what I mean is try to search for a potential wife while you're young, cuz when you turn 40 you don't get to choose, just pick whats left.
>>
>>608896571
Bad advice from a moron. Don't listen to this joker

Signing up for the navy is like signing up to live in a McDonald's restaurant for four years. You do menial labor in a shitty environment 24/7 (if you're on a boat)
>>
File: lr_027.jpg (231 KB, 663x950) Image search: [Google]
lr_027.jpg
231 KB, 663x950
>>608886328
>>
>>608886328
>>
>>608886328
Don't feel like you have to go straight to college, figure out what you want to do then go. Do eventually go though. But make sure you pick something employable, no liberal arts degrees

Try all things, hold on to what is good. All things in moderation. Try and think about where your future is headed on a regular basis, you don't want to wake up 10 yeasts from now and realize you're a loser
>>
>>608886328
Don't become a lazy fuck staying in bed til 11 every day. Make every day count somehow, hit the gym, learn how to pick up girls, get experience of the outside world beyond education and please for fucks sake get out of bed. It drives me mental watching so many 18-24yo spending 12 hours a day in bed

Good luck
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.