[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weed is horrible for you, is worse than tobacco, and is ruining
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 223
Thread images: 28
File: 1421813417774.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1421813417774.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Weed is horrible for you, is worse than tobacco, and is ruining our teen's minds. Prove me wrong.

Protip: You really can't.
>>
ok
>>
I have been smoking every night since the age of 13.
Yes, I was a stupid kid and a stupid teen, but I'm pretty sensible now. In fact, I work part time whilst I study. I am 80kg lean and can bench 90kg for 3 sets. I am a better person for smoking cannabis, and will undoubtedly smoke for the rest of my life.
You're either a troll, or a fucking idiot. I think you're an idiot.
>>
>>607669508
I used to smoke as well, that's where I'm coming from. It had a major impact on my learning, reflexes and social life. It ruined my life in a lot of ways. The studies back me up on all of my statements. Do you not feel the slightest impact on what weed has done to your ability to function?
>>
>>607669924
It has never affected my social life, I have a handful of true friends, and a great variety of acquaintances. It does affect people differently though, so don't rationalize something simply from your experience. It doesn't change how I learn, I actually become more interested when I have a smoke, and I know a great deal about science, at least a lot more than the average Joe. Studies are complicated, because, like I said, people are affected differently. I think if you're already depressed and have a lot of issues, then you shouldn't smoke it, just like you shouldn't drink or take any intoxicants while depressed. But I am extremely happy with my life, and I have come a long way, which weed makes me appreciate that much more.
>>
>>607669045
I fucking love weed. But lets be honest here: weed can fuck up your life. Not as bad as harder drugs, though.
>>
File: jack white.png (65 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
jack white.png
65 KB, 256x256
>>607669924
have you ever considered that you were a stupid, uncoordinated beta already and the weed had nothing to do with it but you use it as an excuse for your shittiness as a human bean
>>
>>607670495
I see, thank you for your opinion. Honestly, I'm not against weed at all (I'm completely for), but I have experienced major waves of anxiety around it. I just wanted to hear the worst of the worst by trying to agree with the doubts, and hearing them being combated. OP is a faggot, but thank you.
>>
Typically drugs reflect how your life is going. If it's a shitty life, it's magnified with weed. Sometimes you don't enjoy it, sometimes you're cool with it. Plus, priorities and shit.
>>
There isn't any study on the effects of marijuana that is a)conclusive and b)controlled for tobacco/alcohol use
>>
>>607669045
>Prove an opinion
>>
>>607669045
yeah well you know that's just like your opinion man.
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 626x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 626x700
>>607670882
this
>>
File: check em.jpg (92 KB, 938x944) Image search: [Google]
check em.jpg
92 KB, 938x944
>>607671463
>>
I did a paper for my criminology class on pot and whether it should be legalized or not.

Pros: can help with those with chronic illnesses/diseases or severe pain, people with PTSD, etc.

Cons: makes you lazy, you feel burnt out the next day, inhaling any smoke is harmful on some level.

It's never been proven to develop cancer.

Rare Con: it's possible that some people have a chemical imbalance in their brain that makes them seceptible to mental illnesses such as schizophrenia. But this rarely occurs.

I've smoked pot for quite a bit but eventually stopped. I have priorities. I want to bodybuild and have iron lungs.
>>
>>607671905
How come I go to the gym everyday then? How come I wake up nice and early to cook myself breakfast, get prepared, dress smart, go to college, go to work. How can I do these things if I am supposed to be lazy and burnt out.....
Last time I drank alcohol, I couldn't eat properly for two fucking days. Now that is something that affects you.
>>
Weed turned me from a awkward nervous kid to a normal kid in highschool, and then into a pretty cool well adjusted adult in my 20's. Trust me I know it isn't healthy and i'd strongly reccomend cutting smoking down to once or twice a week, but if you can function well and have some self control it's a great way to chill out with your bros and make friends.
>>
>>607671905
Dude I have a lifting regimen and I jog everyday while smoking a fuckton of weed. If anything I've noticed my breath control improved from constantly trying to keep in smoke as long as possible. I even looked it up and found a study supporting that. If you vaporize itll pretty much elimanate that concern as well
>>
Ok so i smoked weed for the first time last night, got so horny thart i went to take a shower ended up fingering myself in the ass, what happend to me?
def not wabt to smoke again, my anus is hurting so bad right now :(
>>
>>607672523
yeah it does that sometimes
>>
>>607672523
Nigga you just gay af
>>
File: 1427248171826.jpg (66 KB, 649x491) Image search: [Google]
1427248171826.jpg
66 KB, 649x491
>>607669045
>>
>>607672523
And i dont even consider myself a fag...
>>
>>607669924
Nope, and that all sounds like something that is your fault rather than the effects of a plant
>>
File: frank-zappa.jpg (514 KB, 900x878) Image search: [Google]
frank-zappa.jpg
514 KB, 900x878
>>607672771
neither do those faggots who like traps.
>>
>>607672247
because you're a pussy faggot that can't handle alcohol that goes to planet fitness
>>
>>607673000
Nice trips man but honestly like idk why it just came to my head while i was showering i have a girl we fuck almost everyday, i never ever thoght about that till yesterday after smoking a blunt
>>
>>607672450
and you would have improved a fuck ton more if you did all this without weed
>I even looked it up and found a study supporting that. If you vaporize itll pretty much elimanate that concern as well
I can find a study supporting anti vaccinations but that doesn't mean it's 100% proof you retarded faggot
>>
>>607672247
Because you are a pussy with drug problems.
>>
>>607670495
>I have a handful of true friends

Do they smoke? Stop smoking and see how much they want to hang with you and vice-versa.
>>
>>607673163
A pussy that could lift far more weight than you, and could easily break your jaw. True definition of a pussy right there.
>>607673640
Weed isn't a drug, friend. Calling weed a drug is like calling caffeine a drug, you are pure inbred.
>>
>>607672450
>I ve noticed my breath control/lung capacity improved from constantly trying to keep in smoke as long as possible
How come people actually believe this shit?
Fucking delusional potheads.
>>
>>607673768
Half and half, I have only seen one of them about four times in the last year, the others I haven't seen at all, but we always keep contact.
>>
>>607671905
Took some bunk research chems one night, horrible terrifying trip. Havent been able to smoke weed ever since without triggering mild psychosis
>>
>>607673963
dude smoking pot literally made my dick bigger
>>
>>607673934
>Calling weed a drug is like calling caffeine a drug
Indeed my friend, indeed.
Drug: A chemical substance, such as a narcotic or hallucinogen, that affects the central nervous system, causing changes in behavior.
>>
>>607672248
This, I used to be a complete +5 autism. But weed helped me ease into social situations (not just a smokers session either). Acquired GF, discarded virginity, and made a bunch of new friends with a new wave of confidence. Not saying this is because of weed, but it helped me into that by easing anxiety and allowing me to talk to people without fear of saying something dumb.

Those people person traits in turn allowed me to become better with customers, and in turn become promoted to my stores manager. All of which I'm proud of myself for. Weed helped me
>>
>>607674283
But people wouldn't call caffeine a drug...... And that is my point. I didn't even think a minor would take that seriously.
>>
>>607674613
People who don't call caffeine a drug are retarded.
>>
>>
Caffeine
Drug
Caffeine is a central nervous system stimulant. It is the world's most widely consumed psychoactive drug, but unlike many other psychoactive substances, it is legal and unregulated in nearly all parts of the world. Wikipedia
>>
>>607674895
So about everyone who drinks coffee or tea so what like 80% of the population? Hell caffeine is honestly worst than thc. One is addictive the other isnt
>>
>>607674613
Why are you afraid? You really cant admit weed is a drug?
>>
>>607675055
I'm sorry, I may have forgotten what the problem is with that.
>>
>>607674895
I don't know where you live, mate, but you must be living with some boring fucks.
>>
File: 1399727823856.jpg (81 KB, 680x807) Image search: [Google]
1399727823856.jpg
81 KB, 680x807
>>607669508
>weed made me fit
>>
>>607675113
>Caffeine is not a drug
>B-but it is more addictive than muh THC
>>
>>607673445
it happens bro, I've been there too. Completely straight
>>
I'm 3rd in my class of about 700, and I smoke weed atleast 4 times a week, and have been for about a year. It has not made a dent in my grades.
>>
>>607675123
He isnt saying it isn't a drug. He is pointing out the hypocrisy of people who deride weed while still consuming copious amounts of alcohol and caffeine
>>
>>607675113
Yeah lots of people do drugs. Caffeine is popular as fuck. They are both addictive.

>Oh I smoke weed every day and never miss a day, but I'm not addicted.

Ok.
>>
>>607675123
That's not my point, my point is that weed is so weak that it's not classified as a drug in standard life. Somebody wouldn't go to a cafe and say "Hey, look at all these good drugs." Whereas someone buying cocaine and sniffing it would say "Damn those some good drugs."
>>
>>607672247
because you are a single data point. No statistical conclusions can be drawn from you. Now shut the fuck up.
>>
>>607675408
Yeah because caffeine has almost no effect on you. Most people drink coffee which just peps you up a little.

If you do energy shots constantly, then yeah that's probably bad for you.
>>
i smoked weed and was kill
>>
>>607675426
I dont smoke everyday. Nice argument man. I dont have a physical need to smoke. I go days between sessions usually. Now people who drink coffee literally get headaches and anxiety without it
>>
>>607675239
You should probably re-read what I said, because I never said "weed made me fit." But I did mention that weed has made me a better person, which it has.
>>
>>607675346
Good for you.
>>
>>607675552
But as the studies say so, and I have been smoking for over 10 years, wouldn't the same apply to me?
>>
>>607671905
true words. gone through intensive outpatient for weed among a lot of other things and met a guy with the rare con.

solution to drugs: decriminalize all of them, repeat offenders get mental health treatment paid for by the funds that would have otherwise been appropriated towards fighting it.
>>
Why do potheads feel enlightened, but are delusional as fuck?
>>
>>607675613
Actually, I hadn't drunk coffee in over a year, and when I did it hit me like a train. I felt incredibly anxious, sick and rushy. So it can have strong effects.
>>
>>607675842
no. take a high school level staistics class and learn what an outlier is.
>>
>>607676099
Not so interested in Mathematics, I tend to prefer science. You look like you could take a lesson in English though.
>>
There isn't any study on the effects of marijuana that is a)conclusive and b)controlled for tobacco/alcohol use
>>
>>607675665
>implying physical addiction is the only type of addiction
>>
File: 1425614127226.gif (17 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
1425614127226.gif
17 KB, 150x150
>>607670882
> a human bean
> human bean
> bean
>>
>>607676340
Mental addiction is a result of an individuals personality not of the drug consumed
>>
>>607676234
You know math is fucking essential in any scientific field?
>>
>>607676234
>Not so interested in Mathematics, I tend to prefer science. You look like you could take a lesson in English though.
>multiple grammatical errors
>cunt/10
>>
>>607676079
This, I stopped taking caffeine and felt 10 times better, I slept better and felt more at peace. But since then I've started taking it again, it's just too addictive and I've had it in some form all my life so it's hard to quit.
>>
>>607676539
Math is, statistics definitely aren't.
>>
>>607676539
don't hate on the 14 year olds
>>
>>607676889
Hope you are not into biology.
>>
Everyone needs to take advice from my friend Starlito.
>Anything Aint For Everybody
>>
>>607675275
Technically speaking yeah, caffeine is a drug, but what he is saying is that caffeine isn't looked at like a drug in the public eye. Why? Because its socially accepted that caffeine is a normal substance consumed by a majority of the population. Weed is also becoming a majority thing too.

Drugs: First thing that comes to mind is coke, herion, pills, meth.

Drug is a word with a stigma, so while these substances (THC, Caffeine) are drugs, you wouldn't normally call them drugs, because A LOT of people use them. Its becoming social norm
>>
>>607676889
Dude I smoke weed to. Please stop posting
>>
>>607676889
good luck with data analysis from your experiments.

>well as this data graph shows as as x increases so does y, therefore x causes y
>>
>>607676889
>>607676889
good luck with data analysis from your experiments.

>well as this data graph shows as as x increases so does y, therefore x causes y
>>
>>607669045
Remind me, how many minds does our teen have?
>>
Tetrahydrocannabinol is just a drug like any other. that makes it neither good nor bad. Its how people use it. It has moderate pain reducing capabilities. As a stimulant it replaces the neurotransmitter responsible for coherent thought, though this effect is usually mild. Thats why people who are effected by it think that their ideas are the best ever and when the come down they can't figure out why they thought that. It basically makes you think less while fooling you into thinking you think better. Hows that for fuckin with your mind?

It has a lot of uses for reducing neuropathy in diabetics and vomiting from chemo and the like.

It has its place, but like alcohol, it makes you stupid while you're on it and you think you're a genius. Really, its no different than alcohol and should be regulated like it. Though I do worry the tobacco companies would get ahold of it and pack it full of other shit.

If its making your life great, you might want to look at your life critically and find out what you are escaping. Personally I dont buy any of that shit about working out and such. An active pothead....riiiiiiiigght. Mostly I dont believe you because you are getting so defensive. Potheads will defend their over use to the end. I think it should be available to everyone with little regulation, but just like with alcohol, there will always be those who get stuck on it. and they by definition will not admit they are.
>>
>>607677677
If you think being high is at all similar to being drunk then you've never been high
>>
>>607677441
kek
>>
>>607673934
Caffeine is more addictive than cocain, Id say it is a drug
>>
>>607672247
I'm the same, apart from it was 3 days ffs.

Vape weed pure, no baccy, no problem, get up early, go bed early, it's all discipline.

Down with alcohol, the World's most dangerous drug!!!
>>
I try not to judge, but going from personal experience about 90% of people that i know smoke/smoked weed are fuckin' idiots but of course there are exceptions.

But, I cannot say if it is the cannabis itself or it is the social groups that attract these types of people, most likely they were all retarded before & after smoking.

But I don't give a shit, do whatever you faggots want just leave me and other people alone.
>>
>>607678067
its similar in its effects on your thinking processes. what's different is with pot you are lucid and with alcohol you are one step above passed out. even when you are walking around.

I have been high. and drunk. they dont feel the same. however the fact still stands that under the effects of both you are more stupid than when not. a very few people, some with true adhd can benefit from it since it slows them down enough to focus. but there are other medications that do that as well that wont get you in as much trouble (from doing stupid things not from cops)

the enjoyment comes from it taking away you cares. you dont care anymore. everything is good. smooth. but again, that is escape.
>>
>>607678716
I think its a bit of both. tybe b personalities seem to flock to it.
>>
>>607678930
Weed doesn't make you stupid. Sure you say retarded things but you still have inhibitions and blocks in your actions. Being drunk completely eliminates those. No one i know has ever gotten into to fights, raped, be generally loud or destructive, or make retarded decisions when high
>>
>>607677677
To say weed is no different than alcohol makes me wonder if you are permanently thinking, you think better.
>>
Absolutely hate weed. Cannot relax on it and I get way to paranoid and fixate on the dumbest shit. I love pain pills though but I get way to sick. when I take enough to get a good high I throw them up. Was thinking about trying cocaine. How addictive is it?
>>
>>607678716
About 90% of the people I know are idiots, it's not the weed it's the person.
>>
>>607679645
no, they go "hey hey I got this really great idea. the best idea ever. I have totally figured out Einstein was wrong. see the universe isn't round. its shaped like a fish. see? its perfect, makes sense right?"
note-this actually happened

does this sound intelligent? or does it sound like someone who THINKS they are being brilliant?
>>
>>607680241
Idiot I said weed does make you say retarded things, reread my post
>>
>>607669045
No more so than alcohol and thats legal. Just treat weed like alcohol and its all good. All the states that have legalized so far have seen no increase in teen usage. Teens who want to smoke weed will smoke weed whether its legal or illegal.
>>
File: 1221779199326.jpg (32 KB, 200x300) Image search: [Google]
1221779199326.jpg
32 KB, 200x300
I don't smoke weed but my neighbor does, his house is joined on to mine and he doesn't work or study he just gets drunk and smokes pot all day every day for a living. It has gotten to the point where our house is starting to smell like a grow room and everyone that visits is disgusted, the smell is everywhere even outside.

He is an ex bike gang member and the first thing he said to me when I discussed it with him is that he'd have me "dusted" if I ratted on him. It's been 8 months since then and I need a clever way of telling the cops without it pointing back to me. any ideas?
>>
>>607679645
My Mrs. banned me from drinking because it puts out entire livlyhood at risk, it can literally destroy everything you have in one good session if you fuck up.

On weed I'm just normal, relaxed and calm. The trick is to vape and not too much if you have shit to do :D
>>
>>607680494
You cant. Cops wont give enough of a shit either. Also if he gets caught its not like he is going to jail
>>
>>607680494
It's the alcohol that makes him a cunt, not the weed. Move house, if he gets busted he may 'dust' you regardless!!!
>>
>>607680494
I would assume you both have accessible meters. Watch his power consumption, if it is much higher than yours he's probably growing. Report it to the cops and then you can reasonably say it was the power company.
>>
>>607680405
so what, he just came up and that rolled out of his mouth with any thing like that going through his head? if you are saying that, you are thinking it. he had to actually come up with that somewhere. and he was totally convinced of how right he was. we couldn't convince him otherwise. the next day he couldn't remember why he thought that was so important or where it even came from. but he DID think it. and no, he wasn't stupid normally. at least not THAT stupid
>>
>>607680745
he went to prison for weed charges years ago, that's why hes so afraid of being caught again. apparently if he god caught he'd be in the real shit. I just cant care about someone that threatens my life aye.
>>
http://www.cbc.ca/natureofthings/episodes/the-downside-of-high
>>
>>607681116
good plan, I know he grows outside of town so I don't think he does it at home, hes not stupid enough to put himself in that position i guess.
>>
>>607676234
Shit nigga what are you doing
>>
>>607681632
>>607681081
>>
>be me doing human benchmark reaction test sober
>get average of 205 ms
>be me high as fuck doing human benchmark
>get 180 ms average

what do
>>
>>607681714
kill yourself
>>
>>607681797
o ur pist i c
>>
>ITT: 420 yolo teens get mad as fuck

I don't have anything against weed, but the moment you start spouting 420 and wear weed shirts is the moment you've gone full retard.
>>
>>607669045
Weed can't kill you ...directly, but any number of things can kill you while you're high.
>>
I'm a Civil Engineer, I smoke frequently. I manage to pull down 75k/yr, and I'm a responsible smoker. I only smoke at home or when I am somewhere for a longtime. Here are the only reasonable arguements against weed:
>inhaling anything that's combusted is dangerous
>we have no idea if vaping is safer, just assumptions
>there is no way to accurately tell how imparted a driver is, we can roadside test his functions, we can tell how much weed has been in his system, there is no accident test
>we have not done any longterm studies on the actual effects of marijuana; comparitivly we know the long term effects of alcohol are horrible.
>our experimentation with condensing weed (wax, high potency edibles, pharmacuticals) is taking something harmless and making potentially dangerous substances. Smoking weed has never killed someone, Marinol has. We are doing what they did when they turned coca into Cocaine.
>>
>>607677677
And who are you to say that their lives aren't better? Have you lived in their shoes before or after? Can you prove that they are lying about becoming fit, social, anything else positive weeds done.
>>
Teens who smoke are obnoxious fuckers.

They never turn down their rap music and are always acting like little shits.
>>
>>607675336
is it gonna happen everytime i smoke?
>>
>>607679884
You are retarded
>>
>>607679884
You can do cocaine a half dozen times over the span of a few weeks without getting addicted, just to give you an idea.
>>
>>607669045

what.

You made a statement and ask others to prove you wrong?

It is you who should prove your own statement you idiot.

Why should anyone give a crap about "proving your opinion" right or wrong in the first place, what are you, 13yo? That is not how intelligence works you mental midget.

Fucking "protip" at the end, you might not even be 13yo, in fact mods should toss you out of here, you are clearly under aged.

Here is my statement, you're 12yo and your first gf of 2 weeks is thinking about dumping you for a cool 14yo guy who probably smokes weed.

Prove me wrong.

Protip, you're 12.
>>
>>607682847
Prostate or anal stimulation doesn't make you gay, dumbass. If you're not attracted to men, then you're not gay.
>>
>>607683347
>knows it's bait
>takes it anyway
>so much rage
sounds like you need to light up another one.
>>
>>607669045
i agree. weed is a hard drug, it may not be physically addictive but its psychoactive effects more than make up for that. it assassinates your willpower. ive never met a stoner with his head on straight. even meth heads know that they gotta do productive shit and quit asap, but i know 30 ear old guys who smokin weed and still talkin about how they have a "great new idea" thats gonna fix their life
>>
>>607683528
Nope definitely gay. Not homosexual, but very gay.
>>
>>607679645
I don't know what shitty weed You're smoking, but that shit makes you stupid. I don't care what you say, when you're high, you're fucking stupid. Not a bad thing, but stop making it seem like you smoke and you're completely normal.

When you're high, you can't focus well, you forget shit, and you zone out
>>
>>607684064
it's only gay if balls are touching
>>
>>607683528
Fuck no man i dont like man in any type of sexual way im bot a fag but did kinda enjoyed fingering my ass, what am afraid of is taking it too far to the point where theres no return like inserting items and shit
>>
>>607683915
Just cos you only mix/know or have met useless stoners is more an indication of the circles you mix in. If you worked for a law firm and the couple of lawyers that smoke or vape weed, they have no willpower or ambition?
>>
>>607678233
>Caffeine is more addictive than cocain, Id say it is a drug
tell me about it! I've been attempting to quit coffee for years now. keep snapping back!
>>
>>607684084
yes and nothing like hanging out in a room full of people all zoning out and not interacting and getting tired yup time of my fucking life
>>
>>607669045

too much of anything is bad for you. the people who weed ruin are usually people prone to addiction and substance abuse in the first place so even if they avoided pot, they'd probably find something else to fuck their life up with, whether its another substance like booze or something stupid like internet addiction.

for the average person, getting caught with weed in a state with strictish laws will have worse impacts on their life than the drug itself. plus since weed is illegal, buying it puts you into contact with other generally illegal things, most of which will have a bad influence, but is outside the scope of the drug itself, once again.

lastly, ive been smoking pot regularly since i was 13-14 years old (27 now) and i am gainfully employed, have a gf, am buying a house etc. of course personal anecdotes dont mean much, but for the record, i'm not some 420-blaze-it douche.
>>
>>607684240
Rather than fret over it just try something big. You'll either love it or hate it. Better to end it now or embrace your faggotry than be afraid your whole life.
>>
id love to prove you wrong but im too fucking high
>>
>>607684084
I used to find that when I mixed it with baccy or burned it. Now I vape it's a totally different high. What zones you out is, 'setting fire to shit and breathing it in'. Never gonna be a good idea now is it?
>>
>>607684469
fair enough, im sure their are plenty who use it and can do something with it. personally ive just never seen it. im not against weed i just find it alarming when people pretend its not a drug. i dont contest what you have said at all tho, sir.
>>
>>607669924

honestly, you were probably kind of a retard to begin with, and you're just looking for a way to rationalize what a failure you are. no no, it cant be you, its definitely the harmless drug you ingested many years ago.
>>
>>607669045
I had some pretty creepy experiances with weed, it gave me hallucinations. Never touched the stuff again.
>>
>>607676457
underrated post
>>
>>607669045
its about as dangerous as alcohol, and we have few if any real restrictions surrounding buying and consuming alcohol.

We know alcohol is bad and there's an entire industry of types and flavors. Explain to me why we don't continue regulating and allowing the self destructive hobbies of adults?
>>
>>607684836
this
>>
>>607684698
I dont want to End with my anus insideout man im just not gonna smike anymore like rigjt now that im not under the influnce of weed i feel disguated with myself shit is crazy yo
>>
>>607684770
I've caked as well, man. It still gets you high. Being high on weed is always generally the same, no matter how you intake it. Don't get me wrong, I used to love smoking, zoning out, and playing a video game. I just hate when people try and say that it doesn't effect them. It's a fucking drug, if it didn't fuck you up some way, why would people do it.
>>
>>607671905
>lazy and burnt out
how then can I go out and smoke a few bowls with friends at night, then get home, wake up early, go running and then go to work?
>>
>>607685022
Why not, a bloody pink sock could be just what you need to reach total nirvana, or beter yet, sentience. Don't knock it until you try it. You liked the trailer, might as well watch the movie.
>>
My dog once ate three marijuanas on accident and ever since that day we've come to a sort of understanding, the two of us.

Through a combination of barks and non verbal cues we've learnt to converse in a rudimentary fashion.

He tells me tales of the fatherland. When dogs roamed free and humans fought over scraps.

I smile knowingly and throw him another biscuit.
>>
>>607685750
Bullshit, if he ate 3 whole marijuanas he would have ascended.
>>
>>607669924
Smoking made me significantly more intelligent, improved my social life, and I lost the belly that I had my whole life after quitting.

Maybe you're just a fucking failure.
>>
>>607674895
you are clearly autistic and can't differentiate between colloquialisms and dictionary definitions. One would not say that they are "picking up some drugs" on their way to buy some coffee beans you fucking candy ass roody poo. But if you are talking technically obviously caffeine is a psychoactive drug.
>>
>>607685232
Yes it's a drug, but it's a drug that won't ruin my life. Obviously I will make a thread in many years from my death bed confirming I was right ;)
>>
>>607669045
Protip: You're a fag.
>Proved wrong
>>
>>607676457
>>607684974
samefag
>>
>>607673963
When you do extensive deep breathing your lungs expand in size, fucktard. A slight amount of smoke inhaled doesn't counteract this until your lungs start turning brown.
>>
>>607685743
This is what im talking about, wanted to try smoking cuz ive seen post on b where ppl talk about how good it feels then ppl talking about prostate massage anus stimulation and shit so i tried it, i think this is my last time on 4chan...
>>
>>607687018
You are trying way too hard.
>>
>>607685750
Are you so ignorant that you're making a joke about eating weed as if you can't?
>>
>>607669045

It's true, OP. A recent study came out just proved it actually shrinks your fucking brain tissue.
>>
>>607669045
That's why I occasionally do vodka from the age of 15 and leave the petty, green stuff for the pussies on the parties.
>>
>>607687435
Alcohol also does your penis.
>>
>>607669045

I wonder if the potheads can handle this big phat old FACT BOMB.

http://www.pnas.org/content/111/47/16913.abstract

"The results showed that compared with controls, marijuana users had significantly less bilateral orbitofrontal gyri volume"
>>
>>607687786

Fuck alcohol. It's not one or the other. Don't do either one.
>>
>>607669045

according to the CDC tobacco is responsible for over 400,000 deaths per year in the US. Weed few if any deaths. More people die from caffeine and aspirin overdoses. No weed is not harmless and it can worsen or trigger mental illnesses in some people. But its in no way worse than tobacco.

http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/fast_facts/index.htm

Also teens minds were already ruined before weed.
>>
>>607688207

Hmmm...

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/00001143.htm
>>
File: eIMR6.jpg (292 KB, 1500x1091) Image search: [Google]
eIMR6.jpg
292 KB, 1500x1091
>>607670882

>mfw I found out i'm not the only human bean
>>
>>607688207
Never seen someone crash a car because they smoked too much tobacco. Granted tobacco is bad, but i've never seen a third party die due to the incompetence of someone who had too much nicotine.
>>
>>607687866
You forgot to copy the rest in?

The results showed that compared with controls, marijuana users had significantly less bilateral orbitofrontal gyri volume, higher functional connectivity in the orbitofrontal cortex (OFC) network, and higher structural connectivity in tracts that innervate the OFC (forceps minor) as measured by fractional anisotropy (FA). Increased OFC functional connectivity in marijuana users was associated with earlier age of onset."

Are those some positives, we don't know do we, w're just copying and pasting shit we don't understand.
>>
>>607688634
Ok then , lets make everything that could make people crash a car illegal , including alcohol , pills that might cause drowsiness , solvents that might be inhaled and of course lack of sleep which causes many car accidents.
>>
All drugs affect all different minds differently
>>
>>607688634
That's because the smoker is used to the poison.

How many smokers have crashed lighting up or dropping a lit butt on their crotch?

When my sister smoked a cig for the first time she went green and puked, lucky she wasn't driving ay?
>>
>>607689416
Don't know about where you are, but those things are all illegal where I live.
>>
>>607689448
Yea dude and quantity also counts. If i'm gonna go out I have a tiny, tiny vape, almost like a anti-anxiety vape. I don't feel stoned after it, just calm.
>>
>>607670922
You and everyother person who doesnt smoke. you have to be mentaly stable to get high
>>
>>607673445
Whos we?
>>
>>607689057

No, those aren't positives in light of the massive negative.

Feel free to read the article. It's a pretty big deal.
>>
prove me wrong you nigger
>>
>>
>>
>>607691731
looks like s skimp g
>>
>>607669045

why do i have to prove anything to you?

i do what i want and so do you.

also you're wrong.
>>
>>607691968
I can ask my guy
>>
I was a manlet but smoking maruianas made me taller and gave me like 11 girlfriends and a degree in doctor and i am now a milyonair i fly a helicopter i have a mercedis and a bigger house then you fuck you op
>>
>>607692065
lol, i didn't know people actually still get trolled like this.
>>
>>607692112
anon here
Its also dank and It still smells the shit out my house. good shit. 2gs for $20
>>
File: Unbenannt-1.png (203 KB, 900x894) Image search: [Google]
Unbenannt-1.png
203 KB, 900x894
>>607669045
lel
>>
I play football 4/5 times a week and smoke like three times a week. Feel no different a year on.
>>
File: hemp-chart.jpg (948 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
hemp-chart.jpg
948 KB, 2048x2048
>>607675113
Cannabis and caffeine are equally addictive. 9%.
>>607675123
Weed isn't a drug any more than a tea bush. Both are plants which CONTAIN alkaloids that we call drugs.
>>
>>607669508
Conversely, I have a roommate who smoked up until about 2 years ago when she stopped. During the period she didnt smoke and was in college, she was a straight A nursing student, happy as all hell, productive, and more confident. She started smoking again recently and has failed two classes and will fail this semester too, is dating this complete retard who bleeds her dry, and spends what little money she can mooch out of her parents on weed.

Most times, I think it depends on who you were before you started smoking. If youre dumb and unmotivated, youre going to become even more fucking dumb and unmotivated. If youre smart and productive, than it'll have either no effect or make you even smarter. I dont think this was the case for my friend, however.
>>
File: chosenone.png (73 KB, 618x618) Image search: [Google]
chosenone.png
73 KB, 618x618
>>607669045
>>
>>607690075
I've noticed this as well. Getting high these days sends my anxiety through the roof. However just a small hit makes me chilled out and better than normal. I miss the days where I could get baked and not give a fuck, though.
>>
>>607692526
This. Weed only affects you as much as you let it
>>
>>607692526
Yea mate, if I was a spinless cunt looking for an excuse why my life is shit I would blame the weed, like most of the wankers I grew up with. I dumped those wankers though, not the weed, my life is fine AND, my mrs takes it up the ass. I'm happy.
>>
File: hahahano.jpg (102 KB, 780x477) Image search: [Google]
hahahano.jpg
102 KB, 780x477
>>607687435
http://www.jneurosci.org/content/35/4/1505.short?sid=cba192f2-79ac-4d47-acde-942be23554d2
>>
>>607688604
Kek.
>>
>>607693702

http://www.pnas.org/content/111/47/16913.abstract

Check out the date of yours, compared to mine.
>>
>>607692441
>2015
>lel
>>
>>607669045
>http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/39256/title/Can-Pot-Be-Lethal-/
>http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/11/opinion/frieling-pot-colorado-success/
>http://thespiritscience.net/2014/06/07/colorado-sells-34-million-in-weed-in-august-3-4-million-goes-to-schools-and-crime-down-15/

You've been lied to. Cannabis is not the end of the world. It's way older and way safer than alcohol, so unless you want to either go back to Prohibition or make peace with being a hypocrite, it's time to let the 'weed is bad' thing go.
>>
File: 1413025008811.jpg (81 KB, 385x576) Image search: [Google]
1413025008811.jpg
81 KB, 385x576
>>
>>607694895
>The results showed that compared with controls, marijuana users had significantly less bilateral orbitofrontal gyri volume, higher functional connectivity in the orbitofrontal cortex (OFC) network, and higher structural connectivity in tracts that innervate the OFC

Less volume but more connectivity could just as easily be described as a streamlining effect. I would be interested in a repeat of this study, to see if their results could be replicated.
>>
>>607696016
We've all been lied to, the trick is to be like yourself and realise that fact. Nice post.
>>
>>607693702
>>607694895

Yeah the study saying weed fucks your brain up was performed later.
>>
>>607696319

SIGNIFICANTLY less volume.

not significantly more connectivity.
>>
File: saferthanpeanuts.jpg (92 KB, 673x720) Image search: [Google]
saferthanpeanuts.jpg
92 KB, 673x720
>>607697119
Statistical significance doesn't necessarily mean a large amount though.
>>
>>607697119
I sense you are losing here, my enhanced connectivity connects me to the universe in a way only i can understand.
>>
>>607697534

Who says it needs to be a large amount? It's your gray matter, dummy.

>fucking potheads i swear
>>
>>607698054

lol

That sure is how they sound.
>>
File: 1426977824985.jpg (209 KB, 756x1100) Image search: [Google]
1426977824985.jpg
209 KB, 756x1100
>>
>>607669508
You're also a faggot, so you got that going for you.
>>
File: homer.gif (667 KB, 500x263) Image search: [Google]
homer.gif
667 KB, 500x263
>>607698190
After the age of 27, you lose brain mass continually for the rest of your life. It doesn't translate into functional differences. Arguably the increased connectivity could make the lost neurones irrelevant.
>>
File: homer_vigilant1.jpg (81 KB, 1206x902) Image search: [Google]
homer_vigilant1.jpg
81 KB, 1206x902
>>607698190
what about studies that show brain changes from smoking tobacco ? Or changes caused by alcohol ?

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/11/061128140728.htm
>>
>>607698268
“As for drugs – well, Bill Gates was certainly not unusual there. Marijuana was the pharmaceutical of choice…”

I agree, they're all mad :D
>>
>>607699023
>After the age of 27, you lose brain mass continually for the rest of your life

Great. IF that's true, why speed it up with weed?
>>
>>607699023
>Arguably the increased connectivity could make the lost neurones irrelevant.

Nope.
>>
>>607699248

Great.

Fuck alcohol and tobacco too.

The fuck is wrong with you plebs. You hear something is bad for you so you do it anyway?

Inverse correlation between level of education and tobacco use.

Inverse correlation between level of education and alcohol use.

Inverse correlation between level of education and marijuana use.
>>
>200 replies
Kill yourselves.
>>
>>607699522

Bill Gates probably didn't smoke every single day for years and years.
>>
>>607700435
Prove it.

Protip, of course he fucking did.
>>
>>607700912

I really doubt it.
>>
>>607701448
"The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world." - Carl Sagan, renown scientist, astronomer, astrochemist, author and TV host
>>
File: kirk.gif (1 MB, 400x288) Image search: [Google]
kirk.gif
1 MB, 400x288
>>607699934
The point is that the loss doesn't matter. You're born with more brain cells than you'll ever have again. Most of the first five years of life are spent pruning back the amount while reinforcing useful connections. The reinforcement makes the extra, unused mass unnecessary. Quality is much more important than quantity. If cannabinoids really do increase connectivity, this would be a bonus, not a worry.
>>
File: murdererspliff.gif (2 MB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
murdererspliff.gif
2 MB, 512x384
>>607700005
>Arguably
You don't know that any more than I do, faggot.
>>
>>607701560

Well, Carl Sagan was hardly a scientist.

But sure, legalize it no problem. People should definitely be allowed to do what they want. And marijuana is seemingly pretty harmless and even beneficial in small doses.

But to say it's harmless is preposterous, to make it available to teenagers is irresponsible, and smoking it every day for years and years will fuck your world up.

Nothing wrong with information.
>>
>>607701714

You don't think the loss of brain cells matters?

Well ok then.
>>
>>607702145

I do too, because I read the entire article and I have taken several classes in neurology.
>>
>>607702183
It is harmless.

Doing anything everyday drugs wise will fuck your World up.

Yea, you're right, teenagers should stick to alcohol and cigs ;)
>>
>>607669045
Nice b8 m8
>>
>>607699934
Funny thing is, weed helps this process slow down. This is only the case, however, if consumed after the age of 26 or 27 when brain development is finished.
Thread replies: 223
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.