[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /b/ I was wondering, has anyone seen anything similar to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: ALIENBLUELIGHT.png (57 KB, 1014x692) Image search: [Google]
ALIENBLUELIGHT.png
57 KB, 1014x692
Hey /b/

I was wondering, has anyone seen anything similar to what I saw years back?

This happened years back. I was about 10 or 11. I had recently gotten a telescope, and me and my dad were outside at night. During a point where I was just looking up at the sky with my eyes, I saw this light just ZOOM by. I saw it for about a milisecond. Like, the second it appeared, it disappeared, but it wasn't stationary. As I said, it zoomed by, but not across the whole sky. Only a tiny portion of it. Shorter than when you see "shooting stars". And I've seen a lot. It looked nothing like one. Those are skinny lines usually, and what I saw was BLUE, and round.

I didn't mention it to my dad, I just thought it was weird. I've never forgotten it, and I've only told 2 people about it.

I made two images of what it looked like. It isn't perfect, and I missed parts. The first image I made on the Rockstar Crew logo site. The second, Paint. As I said, it isn't 100% accurate. I'm not good at this. I'd really like to learn to animate, so I could show how it looked.
>>
The thing faded the closer it was to the end. It was travelling west, and faded on side facing the east.

It wasn't a ball shape. It looked like a crescent.

I've looked up videos of comets, meteorites etc. and I can't find anything that looks like what I saw. Someone on Yahoo Answers told me it was some satellite reflecting light, and I just cannot believe that. It just doesn't match the description of what I saw.
>>
Holy Fuck OP I swear to god I was in Jamaica for a vacation a few years back, sitting on the beach looking at the stars and I saw the exact thing you describe. Never told anybody.
>>
>>604935877
Except the one I saw had a bit more of a purple hue to it. Exact crescent shape, fast as hell and big.
>>
>>604935539
Need more information. How far did you see it travel? Did it travel in a line, an arc or complicated pattern? How big was it? What colour was it, teal like the pic?
>>
>>604936002
Since OP is not answering,

The one I saw traversed the entire night sky from end to end in the blink of an eye in a straight line, looking up at the night sky it was about the size of an acorn. It was purple.
>>
>>604936413
If you took an acorn and held it straight up as far from your face as you can, that was the size comparison between the flying object and the other stars.
>>
>>604936002
Okay...it BARELY traveled. As I said, it looked as if it disappeared the second it appeared, but I saw it long enough to see it zoom west.

I will describe it like this. Imagine it WAS a spaceship or something. Imagine it was travelling at extremely high speeds, while invisible, then, for a split second, you could see it, then it was invisible again.

it looked like it was going straight. Even if it was travelling in an arc form or whatever, I doubt I'd notice it, since it disappeared so quickly.

>What colour was it, teal like the pic?
Yes, it was around the same color. Lightish blue.
>>
>>604936413
OP here. The one I saw looked bigger than when you see a plane in the sky. Way bigger. I couldn't tell you how high it seemed.

If I knew what a Boeing plane looked like at different altitudes, I'd be able to say, but I don't.
>>
Don't know about the shape, but the size and odd color is something I've seen, too. It was still probably a meteor, just much closer to you and at a much steeper angle of entry than the stereotypical thin streak ones. Makes them look larger and last less time. The color comes from the various metals/surrounding atmosphere igniting.

Was there any streak at all, or did the whole object appear to be a unit? If it had stopped dead, would you expect it to still look like a crescent?
>>
>>604937798
There wasn't any streak at all, it only faded. It disappeared completely.

>If it had stopped dead, would you expect it to still look like a crescent?

I honestly don't know. If it was circular, it probably wouldn't look like a crescent, right?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.