[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone have any idea what this is on my finger? Or what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: IMG_20150317_053028-.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150317_053028-.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Does anyone have any idea what this is on my finger? Or what type of medication/cream might help me get rid of it?

I don't actually recall when it first started becoming noticeable, but it's been on my finger for several months. And it's become bothersome lately as it's gotten harder and rougher, and it has affected my work (I'm a poker dealer, and it makes the cards more slippery to my touch when trying to pitch them). I don't have medical insurance, and I don't have a physician who I've seen in recent years, so it would be like $250 for me to get an initial office visit with a doctor. So, for now, going to see an actual doctor is pretty much out of the question.

I originally thought it was some sort of a callus or a wart, but I have used Compound W Freeze Off Wart Remover on it two different times and it did not affect it at all; and I've also used a knife to try to cut off the affected area 2-3 different times, but the stuff has grown back within a few days each time. So, my guess is that it is some sort of a fungus.

If anyone has a reasonable idea of what this might actually be and/or what type of medication/topical cream might be likely to get rid of it, a helpful response would be genuinely appreciated!

> Pic related: A picture of my finger, taken today.
>>
File: IMG_20150317_155819-.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150317_155819-.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>604443603
Another view of the fungus-looking stuff that is on my finger.
>>
>>604443603
that's a wart
>>
File: IMG_20150317_155837-.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150317_155837-.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>604443808
And to give a comparison, here's a picture of my other pointer finger.
>>
>>604443915
bump. Those be warts
>>
File: IMG_20150317_155420-.jpg (3 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150317_155420-.jpg
3 MB, 2448x3264
>>604443915
Thank you for replying. Assuming you're not trolling, why do you seem so certain of that? And do you know of a specific wart remover product that might be effective on my finger?

> And another picture of my finger.
>>
>>604443603
its a wart. want to cure it in five minutes?

>turn on your oven
>wait for it to heat
>stick that finger on the burner
>hold for ten seconds, make sure to roll it a bit to get all of the wort

you can see a doctor and have him remove it, but it will be expensive, and he will do nearly the same thing just with anesthesia and a big bill.
>>
>>604444801
This is much worth the 3rd degree burns
>>
>>604444781
>specific wart remover product
Go to a derm, get a shot in the wort, and let them cut it out, best way
>>
>>604443603
OP, don't panic because of the name but it's called Herpes Zoster.
No, it's not an STD. I had that shit on my palm and thumb when I was younger. It's gonna hurt and sting but visit a pharmacy for some anti-fungal cream and it'll go away in a week or 2.
>>
Wart. The only kind of wart i know of psecifically is plantar wart. Not sure if thats what you have. There are lots of solutions to warts. You can freeze them off. You can do some duct tape shit with them. I had a wart on my foot once. I kept picking at it and just pulled all the shit about. Probably not the best way to do it but I turned out ok. Make sure to remove the root of the wart though, or it'll grow back.
>>
Whenever you find weird shit on your body, just bite/scrape it off.

Fixes everything.
>>
>>604443603
You gota dig out the root of the worst get ready to bleed a lil
>>
>>604444801
>>604443603

I went to a doctor who used some freeze spray stuff and it kills it over a period of time, but it never properly worked for it.

What solved mine was just waiting and patience, although it took about 3 years for mine to do. However once you've had them you'll never get them again...
>>
your finger really looks like a penis in that picture OP
>>
>>604445198

>anti-fungal cream to a viral infection

oh /b
>>
>>604445298
this is not true.
>>
>>604444055
>pointer finger

kek
>>
>>604443603
Get a salicylic acid based plantar wart treatment and follow the directions. Don't fucking burn yourself with a red hot stove.
>>
could be dyshidrotic eczema, never seen on the fingertips myself but usually on the sides
>>
I got scar tissue on my finger from cutting of the tip and it looks a bit like that
>>
You have herpes on your finger bro.

It could be worse.
>>
>>604443603

That's a classic HPV wart

see

https://static.suite.io/article_images/orig/1238683_com_plantarwar.jpg

It should go away with some anti-viral cream or the cryotherapy
>>
>>604444781
just dont use the acid
> me, have 2 giant warts on both thumbs
> apply acid wart remover with q-tip
> days past shits ineffective
> drench a bandaid with the acid, put it on my finger
> tired as fuck
> realize 10 minutes later, already 2 late
> it starts burning like fuucking hell
> half an hour of just jumping up and down next to the sink
> go to bed with new bandaids
> wake up next morning. take off new bandaids
> entire skin is pure white "somehow not positive"
> feel the skin, liquids underneath, bumping the skin
> like a water matress
> litteraly just grab one end and peel entire skin off
> walk into school with 2 thumbs completely naked "dont think it was pure meat but it was painfull as fuck and looked like shit
>>
>>604445446
Well i was only suggesting just for the little rash, not for the virus since he doesn't have access to a Physician or some sort
>>
>>604445892

Fair enough, it wouldn't help very much though.
>>
>>604443603
Looks like wart, go to a dermatologist, he will enjoy burning it with liquid nitrogen.
>>
>>
>>604444801
No anesthesia for wart.

>>604445325
It was liquid nitrogen.
>>
File: IMG_20150317_053028.jpg (761 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150317_053028.jpg
761 KB, 3264x2448
>>604444801
This method does seem tempting, but I would like to be able to use my finger afterward, without having to wait weeks for it to heal. Got any other, safer and less-painful suggestions?

>>604445176
This seems like a reasonable option; but do you know how expensive this might be? As I stated in the OP, I have no insurance and no established physician, so I would have to get an appointment as a new patient.

>>604445198
No worries on the technical name of this stuff, but thanks for the courtesy, and for your reply. Are you possibly referring to a cream that I can get from a pharmacy without a prescription? Maybe, just by showing my finger to someone in the pharmacy at CVS or Walgreens and then asking them if they can recommend me a cream to get rid of it? Because, getting in to see a doctor right now is not a practical option for me, as it will likely cost me around at least $250.

>>604445281
I've had the type of wart I think you're referring to. The round kind that actually stick up like 1/8th of an inch and are around the size of a BB? I had one when I was a kid and literally had it ripped off after getting my thumb/finger (don't recall which) stuck in a 2-liter bottle and tearing off the bottle while in a panic. And in the OP, I mentioned that I have specifically tried to use the Compound W Freeze Off Wart Remover, but that it seemed to have no effect at all.

>>604445298
I did literally try to scrape/cut it off with a sharp knife, 2-3 different times, to the point where my skin was really sensitive afterward and it hurt to try to grip the cards while dealing, and the wart/fungus grew back within a few days/week or two.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.