[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What fuels your alcoholism? I find it hard to be creative and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
You are currently reading a thread in /b/ - Random

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 9
File: alcoholism.jpg (1 MB, 5126x3716) Image search: [Google]
alcoholism.jpg
1 MB, 5126x3716
What fuels your alcoholism?
I find it hard to be creative and emotionally expressive unless I am drunk.
/general alcoholism thread
>>
>>604193281
i like alcohol
>>
>>604193281
i can't sleep unless i drink.also slows my mind down so i don't worry myself to death about things I can't (and can) change.
>>
im not an alcoholic but you're right about the creative part, i find it hard to produce good music when im not drunk
>>
Not being able to get the job I want.
>>
>>604193558

Just like me, same reason. Same for my wife. I had been drinking for more than 15 years every days... To sleep

Relocated to a small and calm town in Vietnam and stopped drinking overnight .
First days was rough and now sober for few months.
>>
>>604193558
This, i'm one of those that keeps thinking about everything and can't shut my brain off.

also the fact I really enjoy the feeling of being drunk, something about the dumbed down state and the lack of anxiety to do stupid stuff is fun.

>be me
>drunk as fuck
>text girl I met 2 days ago: You + me, let's fuck
>she answers: oh yes!
>proceed to be fuckbuddy's for 3 months
>Forever Booze!
>>
File: abuelo-12.jpg (21 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
abuelo-12.jpg
21 KB, 300x400
>>604193558
I used to smoke pot for this.. I would sleep so insanely good. But I quit smoking pot, every time I did my eyes would start to itch like there's no tomorrow..

Anyway lately I drink about one glass of rum each day but that's not really alcoholism as far as I'm considered, I really enjoy the taste I don't care for the buzz..
>>
I am a very introverted person and am an alcoholic. I have a feeling that being introverted and loving alcohol is a bad mixture.
>>
>>604193558
This
>>
File: shouldI.jpg (582 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
shouldI.jpg
582 KB, 2048x1536
>>604193281
AA stands for alcohol is awesome
>>
Op the reason this is happening is because you drink every day. You get to a certain point where you do need the drink to achieve this. You are obviously an alcoholic and justifying your drinking with any ridiculous excuse. You will find that if you get sober and stay sober your brain over time rememberhoew long youve been drinking now will go back to normal.

BUt for an alcoholic it is very hard to stop drinking. Especially when in denial like yourself. It is possible but takes a lot of work. You will realize one day that what im saying is true. However you wont my post.
>>
>>604194902
Agree with pot, works awesomely, I just can't find some right now ...
>>
>crippling ptsd from military
>all my exes left me or cheated on me except one
>she died.
>orphan. my own parents didnt want me.
>found them a few years back. they tried to poison me.
>dont even have a dog
>horribly disfigured on left side. all cuz the military shit.
>fucking 105 morters man
>mothers literally hide their children from me at the store.
>"can it get any worse?" yes you can be me

im a broken toy soldier with noone and nothing to live for anymore. and im not a coward enough to take my own life.
>>
File: 1420655030711.gif (2 MB, 300x189) Image search: [Google]
1420655030711.gif
2 MB, 300x189
>>604193281
>>604193558
This. Most of the time when I'm done with work I count down the hours. When 7 or 8 rolls around I go out and buy a six pack with a 16oz of whatever else looks good at the time. Generally it's a Blue Moon or Shocktop. I rarely have a drink in the afternoon with a meal. Usually that's only done when I go out and have lunch or dinner with a friend. Lately, though, I've been taking a Benadryl while drinking as I've found I get tired before I want to go and buy more beer, or excessively eat.

My alcoholism is very routine now that I type it down. Anyone else starting to find it effecting your memory or general intelligence?
>>
>>604194902

Lol thats alcoholism.

Thats like me saying yeh i only shoot up heroin a few times a week but im not addicted! I just like heroin.

No non addict alcoholic uses or drinks on a set schedule especially not daily. Can you go a whole year without drinking. Try for a year no drinking. See if you can make it.
>>
I regularly drink at one day of the weekend up to 5 Liter beer and some shots (between 20% and 40% alkohol). Or i drink some beer and then jack daniels with coke and some shots.

From Sunday to Friday i drink 2 up to 6-7 beer.

I make at the beginning of the year a break with 1,5 month up to 2 month without alcohol.

But i am still worried that i am an alcoholic or at the edge.
>>
>>604195992
Yes to the general intelligence, sort of. Used to be quick witted and hyperactive freshman year of college, then gradually I just leveled out and feel 'sluggish'. I just always chalk it up as being hungover, but I feel dumber almost.
>>
>>604193281
What fuels your alcoholism? Who gives a shit.
>>
>>604193558
Pretty accurate
>>
>>604195832
No one force that dick in you're ass you did it by you're self
>>
Tinnitus
>>
I like to get fuck up for no reason
>>
>>604196500
I've found that I'm smarter while I'm hungover., oddly enough. Feeling sluggish is an everyday experience so I know what you mean.
>>
I only drink on the days that end with Y
>>
>>604193281
>cant sleep with no alcohol
>gf left me 5 hours ago - need to drink to drown pain
>gf left partly because drink to sleep
>now getting pissed
> will get very drunk and an hero probs
>>
>>604193558
anon nailed it.
>>
File: entscheidung_anmerkung_castle.gif (2 MB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
entscheidung_anmerkung_castle.gif
2 MB, 350x197
>>604196359
Do i have a drinking problem?
>>
>>604194902
Are you sure you don't just have a certain protein allergy? I smoke daily but as soon as I get some bud on my skin(non hand palms) it starts itching, with my eyes it's even worse, even after rolling a doobie I have to wash my hands before I touch my face or my eyes will start itching like a motherfucker.
>>
>>604196071
I have no intention to quit drinking for a year because it does not provide any problems at all. Drinking a glass of rum is not the same as shooting heroin.
I don't drink a glass of rum to forget anything or to help me fall asleep.
When I'm not home and I can't drink a glass I don't even think about it because it's not an addiction.
I lead a good social life with a decent job, study and apprenticeship.
I'm not addicted to alcohol.
>>
>>604197209
The opposite happened to me. My gf left me a few months ago and I stopped drinking due to the heartbreak I felt knowing the reason was me. She was the best thing that could have happened to me, but I took it all for granted.
>>
>>604197363
yes
>>
>>604196359
Bleib bei deiner Muttersprache, Schwuchtel!
>>
>>604195832
Soooo is that why you drink?
>>
File: World_of_pain_casey.jpg (23 KB, 351x337) Image search: [Google]
World_of_pain_casey.jpg
23 KB, 351x337
>>604193281
I'm overstressed.

I have a high-pressure job that demands perfection every day or people die. I work 14 hours a day at said job.

I need alcohol to relax. If i close my eyes without being drunk everything that happened during the day flashes before my eyes and fear of tomorrow keeps me awake.

I'm single. No one to relieve my stress. So i drink until i fall asleep. When i have a day off, i drink until i'm relaxed and then i just sleep. On my vacations i travel to some warm country and then i drink and sleep. On christmas i work. On new years i drink. I haven had sex in five years.

If i didnt have alcohol i would probably kill myself.
>>
>>604196856
English. Do you speak it motherfucker?
>>
I want to drink right now because my girl is snoring pretty scary.
>>
>>604197419
I always suspected it is some sort of allergy but I never tested anything. Whenever I ground the weed I had to sneeze many times and when I smoked it my skin would get dry and my eyes were just the worst. It wasn't like that when I started smoking pot but several years later..

Do you still enjoy using it?
>>
>>604197548
What a terribly hurtful thing to say, as I read from Google translate
>>
>>604197490
We always take the special ones for granted, and then they is gone
>/wrists
>down the street not across the road
>>
>>604197613
Yes
>>
>>604193281
My dad's an alcoholic and praises it for helping him fall asleep.

It's sad.
>>
I like booze
>>
>>604197832
Oh, absolutely. She set the bar for a person I look for now. If I were a smarter man when I was younger, I'd be married with children and wouldn't find myself ever setting the bar.
>>
>>604195062
It is, but /soc/ has alcoholic threads, so there's hope for you.
>>
Keeps my mind completely clear and stable. It helps me maintain a depressing figure. That's the only way to maintain a sort of control, and intelligence. It keeps me stable, my depression. Helps me see everything so much more clearly. I just wish I could have that with happiness thrown in..
>>
>>604194485
no shit i know how that feels.
>>
>>604197773
Yes I love it, it's my substitude for all the chemical crap and booze I used to do and also helps me sleep (indica strains).
Even invested in a volcano vaporizer a while ago, so I can spare my lungs a bit.

I just have to be careful with my skin because of the allergy, although I don't even have it consistently (sometimes I am more sensitive to it)
>>
>>604196856
Gr8 b8 m8. The good ol provoking murican vets. Never gets old

Gtfo with that weak shit nigger
>>
File: c1365366999420.gif (369 KB, 615x800) Image search: [Google]
c1365366999420.gif
369 KB, 615x800
>>604197933
Its a form of suicide. We want to die.

We're just too cowardly to act on it.
>>
>>604193281
ive been drinking solidly for the past while and feet good about myself
>>
>>604193281
>be teen
>awkward as fuck
>probably some sort of autism
>start drinking at parties to socialize
>kind of works
>keep at it
>a few months later in starting to turn up drunk at school
>get expelled
>sober up for a year
>finish high-school
>enter college
>started getting drunk all the time
>takes me 6 years to finish a 4 year program
>mediocre grades
>didn't learn anything because drunk half the time
>get shitty job
>still need alcohol to socialize
>still sabotaging my life
>I'm just waking up right now with a hungover
>>
>>604193281
Thirst
>>
>>604198292
~~~justtumblrthings~~~
>>
>>604197773
>>604198231

I still drink in the weekends though I must add, but not that much, and the allergy also came after a few years of smoking without problems.
>>
>>604193281

Record what you "create". When you're drunk. It's probably shit. I've seen a million guitarists who think drinking makes them play better, it never does.
>>
>>604193558
This
>>
don't know. I like it.
And jesus, the stories.
>>
depression, stress, inability to sleep

you know, the usual
>>
>>604198740
Can you just take sleeping aid or some shit?
>>
Being an alcoholic fueled my alcoholism. Having a seizure from ~18 hour not drinking made me realize I may have a problem.

Few months after that I started going to AA.

Sober 9 months. Life is decent, hell of a lot better than it was.

Good luck to all you alcoholics still drinking. There's hope out there when you're ready.
>>
>>604193558
this

Also I am currently burned out and don't know if I'll ever be able to get further from here.
>>
>>604198699

I agree that it usually is shit, but at the time of creating it, when I am smashed, I really get into it and enjoy myself.
>>
>>604199138
You'll be back soon enough.
>>
>>604193281
Not an alcohol, but drink socially

Normal me:
>Cynical
>Overly-critical
>Not good at conversation

Drunk me:
>Charismatic
>Able to talk freely
>Fun

Be the change you want to see in the world.
>>
Alcoholics are weak as fuck. I honestly don't understand how you could get addicted to such a shitty drug, it's about as addictive as shoving pine needles up my anus
>>
>>604199171
well at least you got something to be proud about.
>>
>>604199435

Maybe, maybe not. Neither of us know.

But my life has changed a lot for the better since I got sober. So that's cool.
>>
>>604199833
Its not a drug for some is food for others some thing to not get dehydrated
>>
>>604193281
>Having alcoholism
>being so weak that you can't put a bottle down
>>
>>604193281
same shit.
>>
>>604199634
That's the spirit
>>
Started drinking heavily when i stopped smoking weed heavily cause I was getting paranoid.
(still smoke once in a while, feels good).
At first it was at parties, over the years I started to get smashed alone at home.

That's when I guessed I had to reduce. (I find the idea of stopping completely completely ridiculous, unless it's a fucking matter of life and death)
I still drink with friends now, bars or parties whatever. I usually drink more than them (that's because they all smoke weed alot) but I'm totally okay not spending days without drinking.

I really find it funny when they call me alcoholic because of one sad period, while i'm perfectly ok not drinking, they all get nervous/angry/party's ruined when they don't get their daily weed.
>>
>>604195992
34 here. drinking fairly heavily for about 10 years. memory is definitely taking a hit at this point, but i dont even care. if i cared about stuff i wouldnt drink.
>>
>>604199634
Same here.
>>
>>604199634
Yup. Thats where i started too.

Funny, funny drinking guy.
>>
>>604199833
>you're addict of shoving pine needles up my anus, that's worse. you = weird
>>
>>604194485
I used xanax bars the same way
>>
>>604199834
Does it really matter if you're not able to enjoy anything?

I'm still productive, but that's all.
>>
>>604200491

yeahhh...."it used to be great fun!"
>>
>>604200207
You misunderstand.

Most alcoholics don't WANT TO put the bottle down.
>>
>>604200631
Hey relax drink a beer or something you sound stress.
>>
I consider myself an alcoholic but still productive, drinking has never mess with my job or obligations.
>>
>>604200305
>>604200376
>>604200491

Let's drink to extraversion!
>>
>>604200940
I really thinks that's bull shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 300x327) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 300x327
>>604193281
>what fuels your alcoholism?
Life
>>
I drink about a pint of 100 proof vodka every night. Started out as relieving stress from work then my daughters mom left me because I lost my job. I get to pay alimony and child support for a kid I never get to see after she moved a few states over. Now I have to drown all my thoughts at the end of the day so I don't an hero.
>>
>>604200986
You drink to that. I'm not feeling it.
>>
It helps me forget that I'm not happy.
>>
>>604200940
You're not an alcoholic, but probably an alcohol abuser.
>>
>>604201165
believe it.
>>
>>604201280
get a hobby you weak fuck. No wonder your wife left you.
>>
>>604201549
I do have hobbies. She left because she couldn't stay home and be a money grubbing whore. I didn't drink much when me and her were married
>>
>>604201342
That's the spirit.
>>
>>604193281
I'm a smart guy. Probably smarter than 95% of people. I also have a brain that finds it hard to focus on one thing at a time, so I get a little frustrated unless my current task involves clear steps, otherwise I see too many things at once and get frustrated I can't do them all or follow them all through to their natural conclusions.

Alcohol helps me be dumber, and that makes me happier. I don't let a lot of things bother me when I'm buzzed. I take the time to have some fun and talk to people that I care about (family), but don't really find that interesting anymore.

I'm not saying I'm more productive, because I'm not. But I'm more cog-like, which makes me a better worker in some ways.

I drink because I don't always want to be smarter than 95% of people. It's really really frustrating.
>>
>>604201802
Well stop now faggot. Get some help, or do you want to be lonely for the rest of your life?
>>
Used to drink and smoke (weed too) heavily for several month, but my body can't handle too much caffeine, alcohol or weed, in fact I barely wash with soap or eat junk food because all of this shit messes with my stomach or my skin.
>>
>>604202037
>implying I said I was lonely
I have a gf. People drink for other reasons than being lonely you basement dweller.
>>
>>604198699
I'm a drummer and unless I'm tanked, I play better under the influence.

Guitarists are a different story though...
>>
>>604202402
>Alcoholic calling me names
That's rich, I'm sure your gf loves you pickling your liver you fucking degenerate.
>>
>>604201963
>But I'm more cog-like, which makes me a better worker in some ways

Well, don't be worker, be a leader. There're many ways to strain your intellectual potential.

If you keep your brain busy, you won't even feel the need to be dumber than anyone.
>>
I just love whisky.....
>>
>>604202632
She doesn't give a fuck. Have fun with your dragon dildos, kiddo.
>>
>>604193558
enjoy your cirrhosis anon
>>
is it good to get drunk at parties? I dont usually drink, like never, but im a bit shy so last week i tried and took 10 shoots of jager, and all went good i wasnt even drunk (ate a pizza B4) and had a rly good time. Is it going to become an addiction?
>>
>>604202964
Have fun with your early death, constant health problems, dwindling friendships and low income you unemployed alcoholic.
>>
File: 1403715980182.jpg (63 KB, 532x502) Image search: [Google]
1403715980182.jpg
63 KB, 532x502
>mfw I'm pounding Pabst and lurking this thread
>>
>>604203266
YOLO, nigga
>>
>>604201447
Maybe.. there's gotta be some degrees to it. But there's no day I go without a drink (i look forward to them, not talking bout beer but spirits)
>>
>>604193281
Are you me?
>>
Cant remember when it started, but seeing as i now intentionally don't eat much just so i can get drunk faster, probably getting to a bad point
Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.